Thursday Night Links of Love

by HEAB on December 18, 2008

The blogs I read cover topics from diet and fitness to current economic trends.  One blog that I love in particular is This is Illuminati.  Chris Illuminati, a freelance journalist, always makes me laugh out loud.  His topics range from his top Christmas tunes to his new found crush on Jennifer Aniston.  Please stop by his blog as you will not be disappointed.  This guy is hilarious!

Chris became part of a blog chain by getting linked on Jen A. Miller’s Down the Shore with Jen.   Bloggers are asked to share seven things readers might not know about them, then direct readers to seven other blogs that he/she thinks would be interesting. I was honored that I made Chris’s list of interesting blogs.

Following is my list of 7 things you may not know about me:

1. I cannot whistle to save my life.

2. I am extremely claustrophobic.  Elevators and airplanes don’t bother me, but I literally start shaking if I’m forced to sit in the back seat of a 2-door car.  Weird, I know.

3. I am a middle child.  I have one older and one younger brother.

4. I was once featured in Fitness Magazine, but didn’t tell anyone because I hated both the “before” & “after” pictures they chose to use.

5. My husband and I met in a bar despite the fact that neither of us drink.

6. I graduated from Auburn University with a degree in history and now work as a massage therapist…note to all liberal arts undergrads: the rumors are true.

7. I crave broccoli.

I read so many blogs, and it’s really difficult for me to choose just 7 from my list.  So, instead, I’m going to share links to 7 memorable posts from the week.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

1. Mark Sisson previews his upcoming book.  I’m looking forward to the publication of The Primal Blueprint as his blog has some interesting and unconventional ideas regarding diet and exercise.  Very informative.

2. Mizfit questions how we respect our bodies in front of our children.  It really made me think about the kind of parent I want to be someday.

3. Check out Gina’s latest workout at VeganStrong.  Talk about intense!

4. Charlotte discusses the latest  trend among men in Indy rock over at The Great Fitness Experiment.  Looks like women are not the only ones suffering from eating disorders.  Quite sad.

5. VeggieGirl unveils her big surprise.  You won’t be disappointed.

6. No, she didn’t!  Check out what Kath added to her bowl of oats on Wednesday morning.

7. I remembered this post from Erin at Care to Eat because I can’t wait to make those Snobby Joes!

8. OK, so I needed to add a #8.  Check out Jenn’s beautiful bowl of berries topped with Gingerbread Cheesecake dip at Eating Bender.  It’s picture perfect and makes my mouth wata!

Please stop by these great blogs and say “hello”.  In fact, please check out all the blogs listed on my blogroll.  I love them all from Zesty Cook to Peanut Butter Boy.  Have a great night.

VeggieGirl December 18, 2008 at 8:27 pm

Great link picks!! Thanks for sharing!!

Love the list of 7 things – I’m like you with #2!!! :-)

VeggieGirl December 18, 2008 at 8:27 pm

P.S. – AND I’m like you with #7.

carolinebee December 18, 2008 at 8:38 pm

AW i feel ya on number 6- damn…haha but thanks for the links! I can’t wait to read them!

Erica December 18, 2008 at 9:21 pm

I love this post! What a great idea ;) #5 is hilarious! I also love that you were in Fitness magazine how cool! Hope you guys have some fun stuff planned for this weekend!!!

Illuminati December 18, 2008 at 10:00 pm

You crave broccoli? Seriously? Like plain? Cold? Warm?

And whistling is overrated. When is it ever useful? I was in this terrible situation but THANK GOD I KNEW HOW TO WHISTLE! Man did that save my tail.

Heather Eats Almond Butter December 18, 2008 at 10:20 pm

Mr Illuminati,
I love my broccoli in any form but raw…unless it’s covered in ranch or bleu cheese dressing. Thanks for the condolences on my failure as a whistler.

Hangry Pants December 18, 2008 at 10:05 pm

But would you trade your liberal arts education for something more practical? I would not!

Heather Eats Almond Butter December 18, 2008 at 10:41 pm

Hey Hangry Pants.
I loved my history major – wouldn’t change my decision for anything. Really enjoyed my college classes, and I’m sure I wouldn’t be where I am today if I had chosen another course of study. I love massage therapy, and history helped me to arrive here in a round about kind of way. Glad you’re happy with your choice as well. :)

Melissa S. December 18, 2008 at 10:11 pm

interesting facts and love the 8 picks you made!

eatingbender December 18, 2008 at 10:39 pm

Aw, thank you for the shout out and link to my post! I’m glad you liked my bowl as much as I enjoyed consuming it ;)

So cool to read the fun facts about you! I especially enjoyed the one about how you and your husband met – oh the irony!

And if this comment goes through (I’m crossing my fingers!) then the problem should be solved :)

Erin December 18, 2008 at 10:45 pm

Thanks for featuring that link sweet Heather! Id love to hear how the Snobbys turn out. :)
What a funny way to meet your hubs! We don’t drink either. That way we can eat more. ;) Also – I loved your proposal story on Jenn’s blog. You guys remind me of me and Rob.
I would start going through the archives of Fitness Magazine, but I’d need some clues to narrow down my search…

Heather Eats Almond Butter December 19, 2008 at 8:14 am

Hey Erin. Yeah, Chris and I definitely make up for not drinking in the food dept. as well! Fitness – March 2005. Shhh, don’t tell anyone :)

jebbica December 19, 2008 at 1:02 am

Love your list! Great work. I stole a sentence or two from your but linked you, hope that was okay! :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter December 19, 2008 at 8:11 am

Jebbica, no worries & thanks for reading. I’ll have to check out your site.

MizFit December 19, 2008 at 5:18 am

HOWDY FELLOW MIDDLE CHILD WHO CRAVES BROCCOLI!

who knew?

Scooter December 19, 2008 at 9:41 am

I find that my whistling only annoys people anyway so I really do it only when I’m alone.

BTW – I have the Fitness article in my posession, I will debate on posting a link to it…haha!

Gina December 19, 2008 at 5:55 pm

Aw, thanks Heather!! That’s so cool that you were in Fitness Magazine!! I also crave broccoli, its been my favorite since I was little.