A Run, A Play, & A Damn Good Dinner

by HEAB on December 20, 2008

I had fun posting my eats for the week, and so I though I’d do it again today.  Awoke this morning to a grey day and decided to brighten it with a little stationary bike action (5 minutes) followed by some strength training (biceps, triceps, abs), and then finished off my mini-workout with another 5 minutes on the bike.  I bounced downstairs ready for a little brekkie, and whipped up this combo…

img_0888I made an egg white omelet with 1 Laughing Cow Light cheese wedge and last night’s leftover steamed broccoli.  My cereal salad was a mix of 1/4 cup Cinnamon Puffins, 1/4 cup Trader Joe’s Twigs, & Pom seeds drowned in 1/2 cup Silk Nog.   I couldn’t decide on which nut butter I wanted.  Therefore, I had small spoonfuls of both :)

Chris and I then did our weekly grocery shopping at Costco (Jenn, I found the cranberry goat cheese.  Can’t wait to serve it at a get-together I’m hosting later this week!).  I was supposed to meet a friend for Zumba class and lunch, but she had to cancel due to car troubles.  So, instead I took my dogs for a 2 mile run.   Well, it’s too much to run with both of them.  I took Einstein first and then came back for Radley.  They love a good run but have gotten to used to my husband’s speedy pace.  I’m too slow for them now, and they kicked my booty :)

For lunch, I was craving some broccoli…surprise.

Plate #1

Plate #1

Cucumber, orange bell pepper and steamed broccoli (yes, our house ALWAYS stinks) covered in pepper and served with  hummus.  I was still hungry, and so onto…

Plate #2

Plate #2

2 pieces of Ezekiel cinnamon raisin toast.  I smothered one with Naturally Nutty’s Butter Toffee PB and carob chips while the other got a Laughing Cow Light, TJ’s strawberry preserves and a sprinkle of chips.  So, tell me…who loves the ass piece of bread?  I would never eat the end-of-the-loaf pieces growing up.  Why I ask?  Why?  So good!  I was happy to eat one today, but it means my Ezekiel is all gone :(

I got hungry about an hour later and  munched on this…

I buy these in bulk at Costco.  Love all that crunch!

I buy these in bulk at Costco. Love all that crunch!

Chris and I then went to see a play.  Don’t we sound cultural?  Ha – it’s the first play we’ve ever seen together, and probably the last.  We saw The Santaland Diaries by David Sedaris.  I liked it…Chris not so much.  When we got home, I got down to business  in the kitchen.

Snobby Joes on Spaghetti Squash with Cheese

Dinner: Snobby Joes on Spaghetti Squash with Cheese

Thanks to  Erin for this recipe.  So tasty.  Joe will definitely be making more appearances at our dinner table!

I always like a little sweetness after dinner…

A Heather Sundae

A Heather Sundae

My lovely bowl consisted of 1/2 cup cottage cheese (usually Greek yogurt, but I finished off my last batch already), 1 Vita Muffin Top, a dollop of whipped cream, and 1 heaping TBSP of homemade chocolate peppermint almond butter.  Heaven in a bowl people!

OK, off to read my book.  I’m a married woman with a crush on a 17 year old vampire.  Is this a problem?

VeggieGirl December 20, 2008 at 9:39 pm

PUFFINS!!! CINNAMON-RAISIN TOAST!!! Keep posting your eats, for sure!! :-)

Haha, enjoy the book, Heather ;-)

Erin December 20, 2008 at 10:22 pm

Oh my god, your food is fab! I love your lunch! I love your dinner! I LOVE DAVID SEDARIS!!!!!!!!
YYEEAAHH!! :)

Sanja December 21, 2008 at 2:23 am

It indeed looks like heaven in a bowl. And I think a lot of women have a crush on a 17 year old vampire these days. ;-)

Sammie December 21, 2008 at 8:54 am

Naturally Nutty Butter Toffee PB is by far the yummiest PB on the planet. I ran out a while ago and have not restocked but it is on my list for sure. I put it on everything – maybe that’s why the jar didn’t last very long :)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

carolinebee December 21, 2008 at 10:06 am

i have so much commentary!! where to begin :D haha i’m glad to know you cant avoid the yuck broccoli smell- i light candles like a madwoman sometimes- AND my costco doesnt sell any good bars! Only like, muscle-y ones :D I LOOVE love David Sedaris, i didn’t really know he writes plays!? I must find one- I really want to see him live, i’ve read all his books and i’m starting his short story collections! Next on my list is Twilight…

FollowMyWeigh December 21, 2008 at 10:23 am

lol! I see no problem with the vampire crush =)

gina (fitnessista) December 21, 2008 at 3:38 pm

hahah so comforting to know i’m not the only married girl with a giant crush on a young vampire. i’m totally loving twilight.. and edward.. oh god yes.. haha
hope you have a very happy sunday! i might be making some snobby joe’s tonighT! genius to top spag squash with it!

teenageveggiehead December 21, 2008 at 4:12 pm

wow everything looks so good, especially your omelet with cereal. yummy breakfast :)

Erica December 21, 2008 at 6:00 pm

Your eats look so good! I love spag squash so much! It is one of my favorite meals. I bet it was awesome with the snobby joes on top!

foodfashionfun December 21, 2008 at 7:19 pm

Homemade almond butter??? I am SO jealous!

Heather Eats Almond Butter December 21, 2008 at 8:18 pm

Hey Foodfashionfun. Thanks for reading. Check back tomorrow as I’m posting the recipe for the almond butter…yum!

eatingbender December 21, 2008 at 10:20 pm

Yay! I’m so glad that you found the cranberry goat cheese – it is soo darn good!

I like your style with the two types of PB. Your meal posts are great! It is definitely fun to show others what you have each day sometimes, isn’t it?

No problem with having a crush on a 17-year-old vampire. No problem at all! TRUST me!

MizFit December 22, 2008 at 4:58 am

I adore santaland diaries.

I have seen it bunches of times.

Ive never dragged, err, brought a friend YET who loved it as I do :)

Meghann December 22, 2008 at 8:23 am

It’s ok I have the same crush. :) Have you gotten to the second book yet? Then you will have a crush on a 16 yr old Warewolf…lol

Heather Eats Almond Butter December 22, 2008 at 9:18 am

Meghann, not yet – just finished Twilight last night. Can’t wait to get to the bookstore!

Critty December 22, 2008 at 9:26 am

I’m still out with NO car :( Saturday was a rough day with a few meltdowns but Sunday was mucho better (mainly b/c the sun finally came out, thank goodness)
I love the end pieces of bread – lots o goodness going on….also, I love how you call it a “salad mix o cereal” perfect way to describe it! You know I love mixin’ my cereals ;)

Can’t wait to see you on Tuesday!!