Ode To My Vita-Mix

by HEAB on December 22, 2008

For those of you that think a Vita-Mix blender is too expensive, let me tell you a little story about my husband…or Mr. Thrifty as I sometimes like to call him.  Back when we started dating, I had just received a Vita-Mix for Christmas from my Mom.   Chris thought the $450.00 price tag was a bit ridiculous, but I had wanted a high powered blender for quite some time.   My KitchenAid model was not powerful enough for my raw recipes.  We began experimenting, and once Chris mastered his Vita-Mix ice-cream, he never again questioned the cost.  In fact, I believe the words out of his mouth were, “If this thing ever breaks, I’m showing up at Vita-Mix headquarters with $500 cash in hand.”  I’m telling ya, once you go Vita-Mix, you’ll never go back!

Here is quick demo of just what this amazing machine can do.

Homemade almond butter?!?  Yes, it’s that easy.  I have to give Chris credit for this recipe -- check out our finished product…

Chocolate Peppermint Almond Butter

Chocolate Peppermint Almond Butter

Some of my other favorite Vita-Mix blends:

Jenn over at Eating Bender has some great Vita-Mix recipes as well.  Go take a peek.

Still not convinced?  OK, I know, it’s a lot of money, but check out this deal over at www.vitamix.com.  You can’t beat that!  If you still don’t think you can swing it…well, it’s not too late to talk to Santa.  Maybe he’ll hook you up :)

What is your favorite recipe, blenda-style?

P.S. Leave a comment here, and Mizfit will donate 10 cents to Safeplace, a local domestic violence shelter.  Leave a comment here, and Hangry Pants will donate 5 cents towards food for the Rhode Island Community Food Bank.

VeggieGirl December 22, 2008 at 8:21 am

As I talked about in my previous video post, I’m partial to the BlendTec blender (and I used to own a VitaMix, so I’m experienced with both) – enjoy it though! :-)

Heather Eats Almond Butter December 22, 2008 at 9:23 am

Hey VeggieGirl. Yes, I have heard amazing things about the BlendTec. You don’t have to use a tamper, right? I got a refurbished demo model Vita-Mix, and so it was the cheaper option. If my Vita-Mix ever dies, I would consider a BlendTec for sure!

Meghann December 22, 2008 at 9:12 am

Chocolate Peppermint Almond Butter?? OMG!!! That sounds AMAZING!

Heather Eats Almond Butter December 22, 2008 at 9:19 am

Megan, the almond butter…utterly Amazing! Just had some with my morning oats

Melissa S. December 22, 2008 at 9:33 am

oh, my gosh…i want that almond butter. you should seriously sell that stuff!

Cherie December 22, 2008 at 9:49 am

Gettin’ all snazzy with the video demo. Nice demonstration. $450 for the VitaMix blender is probably paid off quickly knowing how much you use it.

Sharon December 22, 2008 at 10:52 am

Wow, that is impressive what you can do!

eatingbender December 22, 2008 at 11:30 am

Great video! I will definitely be trying that almond butter sometime soon. And thanks for the shout out, too! :)

Erin December 22, 2008 at 11:40 am

DOOD! I’m calling “Santa” right now, you sold me girl!

Evey December 22, 2008 at 12:03 pm

My family’s blender currently broke, and so we are blender-less.

That’s what you get for buying the $12 one at Walmart, haha!

I’ve been fascinated with the VitaMix blender ever since I saw it through blogs. It really seems to be worth the investment… but I am dirt poor at the moment, lol. As soon as I’m making money, though, I will definitely get one for myself.

WOW.. homemade almond butter! How awesome is that? Great video demo by the way!

Erica December 22, 2008 at 7:51 pm

Ow- thank you for the homemade almond butter recipes! I totally want to try making this! Glad you enjoy your blender!!

FollowMyWeigh December 22, 2008 at 11:22 pm

that is AWESOME!!
lol when i first read “vita-mix” I instantly thought you were meaning “vita-muffin mix” and so i thought $450 vitamuffin mix???

i want that blender!!!!

Amazing Weight Loss Story December 23, 2008 at 5:29 pm

Hi, thanks for writing that post. I have just come across your site and have already subscribed. By the way I’ve been writing a blog about my own weight loss and
rapid weight loss free
I would really apprectiate it if you could check out my blog and let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Joan

Dori January 9, 2009 at 3:40 pm

My stomach just loudly growled when I saw the pic of your choc peppermint almond butter.

Hangry Pants February 16, 2009 at 8:54 am

Thank you for the recipe! Sounds easy enough! I have a food processor so hopefully that will work for all these cheesy sauces.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) November 24, 2009 at 10:52 am

Have not watched the video (but can’t wait)….but thanks for the backlink to this post my for some great “unearthed HEAB footage” from nearly a year ago! love it!

The cheeze sauce looks great, and similar to how I do my kale chip coating..nooch, lemon, cashews, red peppers…but I love the seasoning blend you used.

Today’s post on shrimp…I am highly intolerant and developed a life threatening analphalactic reaction to shrimp. When I was 24 yrs old. Prior to that ate it all the time. My body just changed. Now if I eat them…my airway will close. ER trip, flirting with big time danger so I cant eat them but adore shrimp memories :)

tosha25italia November 24, 2009 at 7:45 pm

So, I have a food processor. Is the vitamix more powerful? I made my almond butter and mostly everything in the food processor! That looked really yummy! Great combo. I can’t wait to try the cheese sauce. But I think I’m eating too many nuts!

Heather Eats Almond Butter November 24, 2009 at 7:51 pm

Tosha, I actually prefer my processor for homemade nut butters. You can make more at once, and it’s easier to clean. Plus, it’s nearly as loud as the Vita-Mix. The cheese sauce is great…I eat a lot of nuts too. Sometimes, definitely too much of a good thing.

Katie June 9, 2010 at 7:51 pm

oh. my. gosh. I just have to say THANK YOU FOR THIS RECIPE!!! (The cheez) I have recently had to eliminate dairy for the sake of my baby and I have been aching for some… this was like heaven on a pizza tonight! Thank you thank you!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 10, 2010 at 7:48 am

Katie, You’re so welcome. That is my FAVORITE recipe for non-dairy cheese. Glad you enjoyed it. :)

{ 12 trackbacks }