It's Almost Gone!

by HEAB on January 1, 2009

Six days...One TBSP left

Six days...One TBSP left

Didn’t I tell ya I love the Barney Butter?!?  We have so many different jars of nut butter at home, that I never eat from the same one.  Therefore, I’m never aware of how much almond butter I really go through…until now.  With just one jar to eat from this week, I realized I can really do some nut butter damage.  Impressive, huh?

So today’s yoga was the best class yet!  Since the Y was closed for the holiday, I happen to notice a yoga studio in a strip mall not to far from my in-laws.  Turns out At One Yoga was open today, and they offered a Basics class in the time slot I wanted.  Once again, the weather was beautiful, and I decided to walk to the studio.  One mile there, 85 minutes of yoga, and one mile back – perfect.

There were several reasons why I loved this class.  Since my muscles still were not in the mood for anything too intense, I figured a Basics class would be a gentle way to reacquaint my body with many of the poses it had forgotten.  The instructor was everything a yoga teacher should be: kind, helpful, and quiet.  As we sat in the seated position, she shared the following, “No one is good at yoga, and no one is bad at yoga.”  I loved her advice as I tend to get competitive with any activity, yoga included.  If the person next to me is more flexible, I can’t help but compare myself.  We warmed up, and then things got intense with plenty of Down Dogs, Chaturangas, & Cobras.  The last 20 minutes of the class focused on stretching and deep breathing.  The studio was warm and dim which is a nice change from the large cold cardio room at the Y.  I loved everything about it…especially all the Child’s Poses we did. :)   What a wonderful way to begin 2009!

The temperature reached almost 70 degrees today, and there was not a cloud in the sky – my ideal day!  I kept thinking about going outside after lunch and taking advantage of this amazing weather, but I didn’t.  I’m ashamed to say I spent the entire afternoon on the couch reading New Moon.  After finally giving in to all the Twilight hysteria,  I am now completely obsessed!  Please tell me that Edward returns to Bella at some point in this book.  Jacob is sweet and all, but come on…he’s no Edward!

I finally dragged myself away from Forks, Washington to make some dinner.  Chris and I like to cook for his parents at least one night while we are here.  John and Alice take such good care of us, but tonight it was our turn.  I whipped up a blogger inspired dinner…

Pumpkin Snobby Joe's & Kale Chips...smothered in ketchup.

Pumpkin Snobby Joe's on spaghetti squash with kale chips...smothered in ketchup.

I wanted to use up the rest of my Trader Joe’s canned pumpkin and threw it in the pot with the tomato sauce.  Turned out to be a very tasty addition.  Dinner was a hit, and I topped it all off with the last of my Fage Greek yogurt for dessert.  Perfect ending to a perfect day.

I’m not sure what the plan is for tomorrow, but it will definitely include some yoga…and the last of my Barney Butter. :(

How is everyone enjoying 2009 thus far?

Gina January 1, 2009 at 11:05 pm

I just finished New Moon a few weeks ago. I have yet to get Eclipse, I don’t know what I’m waiting for. I read the first book before the movie, but then the movie made me want to read the rest of them. I’m already sad there are only two left for me to read.

I’m glad you had a great yoga day to start off 2009!!

Gina January 1, 2009 at 11:06 pm

Oh, and I’m happy to know I’m not the only one who is competitive with yoga…or, well…everything, haha.

eatingbender January 1, 2009 at 11:20 pm

Oh goodness PLEASE try to finish New Moon tonight :) I want to gab about it tomorrow!! Haha, I’m totally serious…I’m finishing my RE-READ of Eclipse tonight. I am so obsessed it’s ridiculous! And I’m not even a screaming, giddy teenager!

And I hear ya on going through jars of nut butter quickly! I am always amazed at how fast they empty out ;)

FollowMyWeigh January 1, 2009 at 11:56 pm

that IS impressive :D !!
and wow 70 degrees! nice~ enjoy it for us coldies =)

sarahannmatheny January 2, 2009 at 1:20 am

Holy macaroni…I had snobby joes for dinner and just started New Moon today! Cue the Twilight Zone thene…

sarahannmatheny January 2, 2009 at 1:21 am

Oops, I meant “theme.” But you knew that ;)

Amira January 2, 2009 at 6:30 am

wow that sounds literally like my perfect day. i really like your blog, very cool i just discovered it, oh and i almost died when Edward left in new moon, i kept flipping each page, thinking ‘he’s got to be coming back on this page’ anyway eclipse is my favorite and that’s the next one in the series so be excited. happy 2009!

Sharon January 2, 2009 at 7:20 am

Sounds awesome!
Great start to 09!

VeggieGirl January 2, 2009 at 7:38 am

Uh oh, you better get more Barney Butter!! :-D

PUMPKIN snobby joes??? Holy yum.

HOORAY FOR YOGA!!!

charlotte January 2, 2009 at 8:46 am

Yay on the great yoga class! Although you have GOT to stop flaunting your awesome weather:)

Kelly Turner January 2, 2009 at 8:51 am

pumpkin sloppy joes> interesteding!

Kelly Turner

Meghann January 2, 2009 at 9:35 am

Once you start with Twilight you can’t stop! lol

that’s a lot of Almond Butter!! LOL at least you’re getting your money’s worth out of it :)

Critty January 2, 2009 at 10:44 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, again….I seem to be using every form of communication to express birthday wishes to you – HA!!

Just wanted to share a lil food experience with you since food brings us all together (and I know you will appreciate it) -

Was going to lunch with Rebekah last week and we tried to go to Baja Burrito (which always makes me think of you) – I was totally gearing my mouth up for it and walk up to the door to find out it was CLOSED! AHHH, I was very sad. Then we stood there trying to think of what we wanted to do so I looked across the parking lot and said, Let’s go to Sam & Zoe’s….

Um, I guess it had been YEARS since I had been there and I don’t understand why?? I loved every part of it! I want to try so many more things on the menu. I went with the mexi wrap since that was the orginial plan (tex-mex) but tried some of Rebekah’s salads – YUM!

What are your favorite items at S&Z’s?? I can’t wait to go back so if you wanna grab lunch some day – that is where I will be!!

Love ya-

zestycook January 2, 2009 at 12:26 pm

Loving the 70 degrees! I have yet to try barney butter. It sounds awesome and seems very popular.

zesty

Evey January 2, 2009 at 1:40 pm

Gasp! Almost out of Barney Butter.. oh no!! Hopefully you will get restocked asap.. I can’t thank you enough for giving me one of your jars.. this nut butter is fantastical!

That veggie burger looks so good!! It seems like you made a good choice after all!

Happy New Year!

Stephenie January 2, 2009 at 1:46 pm

Oooh… that dish looks yummy. I always forget how much I love yoga until I drag my butt to the gym and do it. It’s great!

Erica January 2, 2009 at 4:41 pm

What a wonderful day! Great workout, good eats, and lovely weather! Hooray! I am loving 2009 so far! I worked from home today, got my hair done and am cooking up some din din!

chriistina January 2, 2009 at 4:52 pm

mmm canned pumpkin is a great addition to pretty much anything! :) haha.

happy new year. love the blog.

L January 3, 2009 at 12:29 am

I have the same computer!! I love it!!! :)

polly January 3, 2009 at 9:08 pm

Heather,
hi sweetie! Yay for you and that walk-yoga-walk! Perfect day, in my book, girl! Have a wonderful new year. I love your blog, I need to add you to my faves so I can pop over more. Oh and yes, that is so true. Nobody is good or bad at yoga. There is no finish line, just a fun journey. :) I never liked finish lines at races anyways… I slowed down so I could smile and wave for the camera ;) and feel good before I got my free food. hehe No competetive bones in my body, I guess. hehe

Get more almond buttah!! mmmm. :) xoxo

Erin January 5, 2009 at 9:39 am

I’m just catching up. :) I love the idea of pumpkin snobby joes! That’s awesome!
I love grocery stores, too!
And lastly…I love healthy heather snacks! I’m a packer too.