Child's Pose, A Blogger Dinner, & A Big Surprise

by HEAB on January 2, 2009

All Gone

All Gone

Of course I just had to finish it before the plane ride tomorrow. :)

Today’s workout consisted of a bootcamp class at the Y.  I seriously considered staying for a yoga class, but no more 2 hour gym sessions.  Instead, I walked home and sat in Child’s Pose for a few minutes.

My favorite pose

My yoga for the day

Dinner tonight was at Green, a vegetarian restaurant in Tempe.

Mock chicken gyro on flatbread with a side of tahini coleslaw

Mock chicken gyro on flatbread with a side of tahini coleslaw

The food was great, but the company was even better…

Blogger Friends

Blogger Friends

Me, Gina of The Fitnessista, Melissa of Trying to Heal, and Jenn of Eating Bender.  What a fun night!  Even though I already felt like I knew so much about these girls through their awesome blogs, it was nice to finally put a face with each blog.  Jenn, thanks again for getting us all together.  I had a great time!

So, today is my birthday, and to celebrate, Chris and I met up with Chris’s parents for frozen yogurt sundaes at Ice Tango following our blogger dinner.  Alice even brought a candle for my yogurt cup, and everyone sang “Happy Birthday” to me in the shop.  So sweet.  The yogurt was excellent, very tangy.  My topping of choice was Bing cherries, and yes, those are cinnamon Puffins I brought from home.  Can’t beat that Puffin crunch!

Icy tangy frozen yumminess!

Icy tangy frozen yumminess!

Alice then announced that we must go back home for birthday presents.  Honestly y’all, I’d had such a fun evening, I totally forgot about any presents.  Chris had already given me the rest of the books in the Twilight series, and I wasn’t expecting anymore from him.  John and Alice gave me some running tights and a gift card from Athleta (my FAVORITE catalog), and Chris’s brother and sister-in-law sent The Whole Foods Market Cookbook in the mail for me to unwrap.  I was so happy with all my gifts, but then Chris placed the ultimate surprise in my lap…

A new laptop!!!!!

A new laptop!!!!!

I am still in shock as I was so happy with just the Twilight books and never expected such a gift.  Love you CD!  OK, must go pack now.  I’m joining Chris’s mom for an early morning hike and then it’s back home to Nashville tomorrow afternoon.  Can’t wait to post from my new computer!

Melissa, this is all that is left of your thoughtful and yummy gift…

So delicious.

Thank you!

M&M’s didn’t quite make it home, and I’m about to go eat the other half of the Ting-a-ling…and maybe another Peppermint Pattie. :)

So, tell me, are you a Mac or a PC?

eatingbender January 2, 2009 at 11:42 pm

Ahhhh! I got your email and I actually laughed out loud thinking about how we were talking about how much you wanted a Mac…that sneaky Chris! What a terrific gift – I can’t wait to hear what you think of it. Let me know if you have any questions!

I had SO much fun tonight :) I am glad that everyone was able to meet up and agree that getting to know each other in person was so much cooler than just reading each other’s blogs!

Ice Tango looks amazing. I’ll have to tell my family about that one! And thanks again for the Barney Butter. I’m checking a bag on my way back to school so I think it will be safe!

Larissa January 2, 2009 at 11:42 pm

yay blogger party!

gina (fitnessista) January 3, 2009 at 12:02 am

looks like an amazing birthday! i was so happy to be a part of it :D it was so wonderful to meet you and thank you again for the almond butter!! i’m trying not to open it before i leave so i can take it home with me!
CONGRATS on your new computer! it’s beautiful!!
enjoy the rest of your night <3

Maggie January 3, 2009 at 12:21 am

What an awesome night – Happy birthday :)

I just finished a jar of PB tonight – probably could have saved some but it just kept calling for me!

sarahannmatheny January 3, 2009 at 12:25 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

It was so fun to see the shot of you gals and to say, “There’s Gina…there’s Jen…there’s Melissa…”

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you took your own Puffins to the yogurt shop. That is very much something I would do and get strange looks for, but damn it, its your birthday! Seems like it was a great one!

FollowMyWeigh January 3, 2009 at 3:18 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! =D
i think thats the same exact laptop i’m using right now!! so i guess, i’m a mac =D

Meghann January 3, 2009 at 6:52 am

So many great things to comment about this post. Looks like you are making the most of your last days of your trip :)

I love blogger meet ups, I have met some of those most amazing people online through bogging and each one I have met in real lie are truly as sweet and amazing as they are online!

Happy birthday!! Love the new mac! I got a MacBook last month when my PC went Kaboom and I didn’t want to deal with the crap of it all anymore…lol

VeggieGirl January 3, 2009 at 7:49 am

YOGA!! MEETING GINA, JENN, & MELISSA!! BRINGING YOUR OWN PUFFINS!! HAVING A MACBOOK (I love mine)!! Love it all.

Gina January 3, 2009 at 8:43 am

Happy Birthday!! What a fantastic surprise, that is awesome!!! I have a MacBook Pro, I got it last year, I love it.

How much fun that you got to meet blogger friends, sounds like so much fun :)

chocolatecoveredvegan January 3, 2009 at 9:32 am

I’m so jealous! And you all look so beautiful!

carolinebee January 3, 2009 at 10:05 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATHER!! What a fun dinner, AND you got some yoga in..haha. Have a good flight!

carolinebee January 3, 2009 at 10:06 am

OH and im a PC :D

zestycook January 3, 2009 at 11:15 am

Happy BDay Heather. Looks like you had an awesome night! I am a PC :)

Erica January 3, 2009 at 11:48 am

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Happy Birthday! What a wonderful day!! You know I love froyo- so that “birthday cake” looks awesome! What a sweet gift from Chris! Love the blogger dinner- glad you had fun!

newmusiclibrary January 3, 2009 at 11:59 am

The one thing you’ll need to realize with the MAC is there is no RIGHT CLICK on the mouse pad. You need to hold down the CTRL key and then click the mouse to act like a right click on a PC (for quick copy/paste/delete type of things). Otherwise, should be an easy transition.

Safe travels,

-Brother

glidingcalm January 3, 2009 at 12:23 pm

so jealous of the blogger meet up! sounds like so much fun!

AND YAY YAY YAY FOR A NEW LAP TOP! WAHOO!!

Lovin that Fro yo too! yum yum!!!

HAPPY WEEKEND HEATHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

chriistina January 3, 2009 at 1:55 pm

happy birthday!!! looks like you had a great time. and that macbook looks sleek! i am more of a PC person myself but daaang!

Emily W. January 3, 2009 at 2:31 pm

Frozen Yogurt = YUMMMM!!!!

Brittany January 3, 2009 at 3:22 pm

Happy Birthday!! It looks as though and you and other girls had a great meet up!

The yogurt look delish and such a good idea to bring your own puffins as a topping.

Running pants, whole foods cookbook, etc are all great presents but a MACBOOK is definitely an awesome present!! I have a personal one and one for work. I used to be a PC person but I wouldn’t go back now that I’ve owned one. Enjoy!

Stephenie January 3, 2009 at 5:22 pm

Happy Birthday! I love the peanut butter puffins! Mmmm… and I LOVE frozen yogurt =)

cassandra January 3, 2009 at 8:31 pm

How fun!!! I have those same christmas cups…love target!
C

Illuminati January 3, 2009 at 10:32 pm

1.) Happy Birthday
2.) Sad I wasn’t invited to blogger party.
3.) MacBook > awesome.

Sammie January 4, 2009 at 5:46 am

Happy Birthday!!! What a nice way to spend your special day.

matt January 4, 2009 at 9:32 am

currently running on a pc. i think my next computer will be a mac, but this thing is pretty new, so it’ll be awhile!

oh, happy b-day! sounds like that blogger party was an awesome time!

{ 1 trackback }