A New Restaurant & Some Old Yoga

by HEAB on January 11, 2009

Everyone enjoying their weekends?  I know many of you are blanketed in snow…Nashville is cold and rainy once again. :(  I’m already counting down the days until Spring.  April will be here before we know it!

My Saturday morning was busy.

5 AM: Breakfast with the pups.  Einstein & Radley: Dog food + 1/4 tsp peanut butter.  My dogs love their nut butters too! :)  Heather: Big a$$ cup of coffee with lots of cream.

6 AM: Yoga

7:30 AM: Quick bowl of cottage cheese/cereal/almond butter & off to work.  I had two clients – a 60 minute session followed by a 90 minute session.  Both sessions went very well, but by the time I got halfway through my second session, my belly was growling.  I think my client was in la-la land, and I’m hoping she didn’t notice. :)

What a productive start to the day!  My morning yoga was awesome.  When Chris and I moved into our house 2 years ago, I shoved a bunch of workout DVD’s in a cabinet during the unpacking craziness.  Since our DVD player is not set up in the most exercise friendly room of the house, I guess I simply forgot about them.  Well, enter my new laptop!  Now, I can do workout DVD’s anywhere in the house.  I sorted through my collection yesterday morning and was so excited to find Iron Yoga.  According to the Website, you can achieve both the rapid spot toning of strength training and the lean flexibility of yoga.  Developed by Anthony Carillo, a nationally ranked Ironman triathlete, this yoga workout gives you double the body-sculpting benefits.  Basically, it’s 60 minutes of yoga using lightweight dumbbells, and let me tell you, it works!  My triceps are so sore this morning, and I only used 5 lb weights.  I’m going to do this DVD once a week for a while in place of one strength training session at the gym.  Weights and yoga in one.  I love it!

I did not continue with my New Recipe A Day Experiment yesterday for two reasons.  First off, we had so much leftover quinoa from Friday night, and I wanted to finish it off before adding another dish to our fridge.  Secondly, we dined at a new restaurant for lunch, and I figured that would suffice.

I was so hungry by the time Chris and I met our friends for lunch at PM, that I was practically drooling over the menu.  This restaurant has been around for several years, but I had only been there once for appetizers.  What was I thinking?  PM is so delicious!  I ordered the Thai Wrap with tofu and sweet potato fries.

Crispy tofu with veggies, crunchy rice noodles, and peanut sauce with a side of fries

Crispy tofu wrapped with veggies, crunchy rice noodles, and peanut sauce with a side of fries

The wrap was sweet and filling, and the round sweet potato fries, a rare find in Nashville, were fried to perfection – not greasy at all!  On the side, there was wasabi mayonnaise and extra peanut sauce for dipping.  I’m not sure if the mayo was for my wrap or the fries.  At first I tried to avoid it…but then I indulged and spread it on everything.  Yum!  I will definitely be dining at PM again, as it was quite tasty and very reasonably priced.  The restaurant is less than a mile from my old apartment…to think, I used to live in walking distance of sweet potato fries…what a waste!  I’m so excited we finally discovered this place.

So, PM served as the grand finale for my experiment of all new meals all week.  Stay tuned tomorrow for a recap and results.  Happy Sunday everyone!

Sammie January 11, 2009 at 11:48 am

I have that DVD but have been very naughty and not tried it out yet. I guess I should. Have a great day.

Gina January 11, 2009 at 12:04 pm

Oh man, that wrap looks fantastic!!! I kind of want it, like, right now.

I’m glad you had a productive start to your day!! I’ve been doing a lot more yoga lately, and one of the things that I like is the Yogamazing podcast. Some of the episodes are better than others, and its not as intense as my normal class (I don’t know what your normal classes are like), but that is good for me, because I normally only do it on “rest” days.

I took Eclipse out the library yesterday, and I’m already 300 pages into it. I can be a reading machine when I want to be, haha. I’ll probably finish it in a day or tow.

Gina January 11, 2009 at 12:05 pm

Uh, sorry for all the typos in that, geez.

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 11, 2009 at 5:45 pm

No worries Gina, but I always feel so silly when I leave careless mistakes in my comments as well. I’m too critical of myself! Do you download the Yogamazing podcasts in your iTunes?

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 11, 2009 at 5:48 pm

Gina, nevermind…found the yogamazing podcast at the iTunes store – yay, it’s free. Thanks for telling me about this!

VeggieGirl January 11, 2009 at 12:54 pm

Yoga + sweet potato fries = all is well with the world :-D

Kelly Turner January 11, 2009 at 2:14 pm

that wrap looks amazing! I need to go eat something cause i almost hit my forehead off the monitor

Kelly Turner

carolinebee January 11, 2009 at 2:54 pm

O man those grill marks on the wrap, YUM. I haven’t found any restaurants that serve SP fries- so lame right?? I mean, I could make them obvi..but having some one make them for me would also be fantastic.

Stephenie January 11, 2009 at 5:00 pm

I love my yoga DVD… and the pilates and kickboxing, but living at home (bleh) doesn’t allow for me to do it whenever I want. The TV is always in use, or someone is just in there doing stuff. I NEED a laptop!!!

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 11, 2009 at 5:43 pm

Stephenie, the laptop is key. It has transformed my at-home workouts. Love it!

polly January 11, 2009 at 5:10 pm

Hi Heather!
Wow, that wrap looks AMAZING! Have you ever been to the Loveless Cafe in Nashville? I must go before you move! It’s like DOWN HOME cookin’ girl. Mashed taters… the works. Very fun pictures on teh wall and I just love country music and fun places like that!

Have a fun Sunday night. XOXO

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 11, 2009 at 5:42 pm

Hey Polly. I love the Loveless Cafe – such a fun place. Breakfast at Loveless followed by a drive down the Natchez Trace Pkwy = the perfect day!

polly January 11, 2009 at 5:11 pm

hehe I meant YOU must go befor you move! hehe I guess I want to go back! ;)

eatingbender January 11, 2009 at 6:57 pm

I can’t wait for winter to be over! I say that now on January 11. I’ve got a long wait ahead of me :)

PM looks amazing. Pretty much anything with sweet potato fries is good in my book. I’m excited to hear your reflections on all new meals all week. I also am intrigued by Iron Yoga. It sounds like a good one!

ttfn300 January 11, 2009 at 7:18 pm

lovely wrap! you can put cooked quinoa in muffins or even a frittata! i apologize i just started reading so i’m not sure if you do the eggs, but i’ve made an egg-less one from fatfreevegankitchen :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 11, 2009 at 7:37 pm

ttfn200, thanks for the advice. My leftover quinoa has a Mexican twist, and so I don’t think it would work in muffins, but it would be great in a frittata. Brilliant idea! Thank goodness I DO eat eggs. Thanks for reading.

Erica January 11, 2009 at 7:53 pm

Glad the Yoga workout went well. Its always fun to discover something you forgot you had! Lunch looks great- especially those sweet tato fries!

haha yes, I think our house smells mostly like baked goods and less like broccoli (it tastes so good, why must it smell so bad?)

Haven’t tried the bumbles yet. I have plan to eat one for breakfast tomorrow! I will let you know for sure ;)

sarahannmatheny January 12, 2009 at 1:50 am

That lunch looks AMAZING.

It seems like whenever I try to use up leftovers in another dish, I just end up having leftovers of leftovers!

Dori January 12, 2009 at 9:54 am

Your wrap looks so delicious! I want one! Also, your blog made me so crave nut butter so I treated myself to something I never had before – Peanut Butter & Co White Chocolate Wonderful! I haven’t tried it yet, but I am excited.

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 12, 2009 at 10:16 am

Hey Dori, I’ve never actually tried the PB & Co. White Chocolate flavor, but I love their Dark Chocolate Dreams! I’m on nut butter buying restriction. No more jars until I work through my current collection, but the White Chocolate is at the top of my To Be Purchased list for sure. Enjoy!

Erin January 12, 2009 at 10:03 am

It would be funny if you snuck a spoonful of almond butter during a sesh. You could just let it dissolve! Your client probably wouldn’t notice but they might smell something yummy!
I’ve never heard of yoga with weights. It sounds cool!

glidingcalm January 12, 2009 at 6:11 pm

that wrap sounds aaaaaaaaaaaamazing! i love thai food. and tofu. shoot, and sweet potatoes too!

HAPPY TUESDAY HEATHER!

Matt January 12, 2009 at 6:54 pm

+1 on the coffee! mine has an autostart feature so i wake up to a hot cup every morning!

mmm that wrap looks awesome! i like tofu, but never make it. i guess i just have no experience with it. do you have any good recipes?

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 12, 2009 at 8:19 pm

Hey Matt, that wrap was good. Everyone swears by Gliding Calm’s tofu recipe. I haven’t make it yet, but l look forward to trying it soon: http://glidingcalm.wordpress.com/gliding-calm-tofu/

Just make sure to drain your block of tofu first. Buy extra firm and cut in half. Wrap the pieces in paper towel and place something heavy over them like a phone book. Wrap new paper towel around it after 20 minutes and let it drain for another 20. It taste even better if you freeze the pieces after draining and then let them thaw out in the fridge for a day before using. I know, a lot of work, but worth it if you want to make your own. The draining and freezing gives the tofu a much more meat-like texture. I’m lazy and just get it when I go out to eat. :)