Confession Time

by HEAB on March 21, 2009

There have been a few comments and emails regarding my healthy eats, but I want everyone to know that my habits are not as clean as they appear, and I feel as though I might be deceiving some of you.  Yes, I did conquer my nasty Coke Zero habit a while back, and I’m off the sugar-free gum.  However, I love this…

Excuse the hair...this was literally taken 5 minutes after getting out of bet this morning.

Excuse the hair...this was literally taken 5 minutes after waking up this morning.

Sugar-free French Vanilla Coffee-Mate.  Yes, it’s completely artificial, and yes, I love it.  Can’t a girl just have one artificial thing in life?  I was so good for about a month, only adding cashew milk and Stevia to my coffee, but I broke down and bought more Coffee-Mate.  Why is it so freaking good?!?  Anyway, I’m joining Erica in her month of clean eating…as soon as I finish off this Coffee Mate.  Erica, I’ll be on board very soon…promise! :)

OK, that’s out of the way.  I feel much better.  Onto breakfast.

I have perfect the spinach oats.

I have perfected the spinach oats.

My green oats were the perfect consistency this morning.  So creamy and thick and GREEN!  I cooked 1/2 cup oat bran & 1/2 cup wheat bran with 1 3/4 cups water on the stove-top.  I then blended them with a handful of raw spinach, 2 ounces of frozen avocado & 1/2 scoop Jay Robb whey protein powder in the Vita-Mix.  Topped with Trader Joe’s crunchy unsalted peanut butter?  Yes, they were.  Packed with fiber?  Yep.  After discussing fiber intake with my doctor (who also happens to be my boss), I’m not going to worry about my daily fiber numbers.  He told me as long as I have an appetite, and I’m not downing a bunch of fiber fortified foods, I shouldn’t worry.  So, you better believe I went to town on this bowl!  I’m also trying to get more protein in my diet, hence Mr. Robb joining me for breakfast. :)

After our weekly trip to Costco (where Chris and I are known as the green produce couple), it was time for lunch.

1st course: roasted kale with a blood orange and one strawberry to make it pretty :)

1st course: roasted kale with blood orange segments and one strawberry to make it pretty. :)

Tortilla Time

Tortilla Time

I once again used Polly’s recipe for spelt tortillas, but doubled yesterday’s recipe. One half received cashew almond butter, and the other half received Sabra love, sun dried tomato style.  Today’s tortilla taste even better than yesterday’s.  I let the dough sit longer than 5 minutes, but I’m not sure if that’s why it came out fluffier. Whatever the reason, I hope I can recreate it!  Yum.

Then it was off to my 2-hour hot yoga class.  Today’s session was just what my body needed after 5 days of sweaty vinyasa after vinyasa.  We stretched, stood on our heads, and then stretched some more.  Perfect!  When I got home, I needed a snack.

Banana Dog

Banana Dog

I wanted protein.  I wanted carbs.  Smoothie?  No, too chilled after my yoga sweat fest.  What to do?  What to do? Protein pancake time!  I used Sarah’s recipe for her protein-only pancake.  I added just enough water to 1/2 scoop Jay Robb whey protein powder until it resembled pancake batter.  I then cooked it in my cast iron skillet for a minute or 2 on each side.  Rolled up my naner, and I was good to go. Thanks Sarah!

After an hour long walk with Chris and the pooches, we arrived home discussing dinner.  Chris requested his favorite as of late…sweet potato fries.  I didn’t take any pictures.  Nothing too exciting – just a lot of veggies and hummus consumed. However, dessert was rather brilliant if I do say so myself!  I’m actually a little embarrassed to show you what I did…but oh well, I’m all about the honesty today.

Ice-cream?  What's so embarrassing about that?  Just wait...

Ice-cream? What's so embarrassing about that? Just wait...

The last serving of ice-cream was calling my name, but I really wanted oat bran as well.  So, I quickly cooked some on the stove-top and just threw it in the container. The ice-cream melted all ooey gooey under the oat bran. Incredible!

No you didn't.  Yes, I did.

No you didn't. Yes, I did.

That’s it folks. Quite a lovely Saturday, and I hope you enjoyed your’s as well. Quickly, before I go, one of my readers (Hey Mandy!) suggested a Nashville get-together for any of those interested.  If you’re in the area and would like to go to dinner or something, please email me.  I would love to meet-up with fellow bloggers (Justine) and readers!

OK, one last thing.  Have I ever mentioned my love for Polly? :)  Look what she sent me in the mail:

img_1740Polly, thank you for being my sweet friend, for your encouraging words, for your yoga advice, for your emails, for your recipes, for your phone calls, and for your love of all things almond butter.  I truly love you my friend!

Whew, that was a long one. Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) March 21, 2009 at 8:21 pm

Do you know if blending raw greens like spinach or kale into oats or a smoothie takes away from it’s fiber…like our body’s ability to use it? Someone asked me that today and I wasn’t sure. I would imagine no since you aren’t taking anything away from it, just eating it in a different form. Maybe? I dunno!

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 21, 2009 at 9:34 pm

Courtney,
I’ve always heard it’s better to blend vegetables rather than juice them so that you still get the fiber. That being said, I have also heard that if you blend fruits and vegetables too long, the nutrients start to break down. Don’t know if that’s true, but if you’re eating/drinking the whole vegetable + its juice, I think you’re definitely getting a good dose of fiber!

erinbee March 21, 2009 at 8:25 pm

i wish my hair looked like that when i
rolled out of bed! youre such a button.

amy (veganissexy) March 21, 2009 at 8:27 pm

Ha ha! I have a few of those naughty things in my house too. Come on…..none of us are perfect! The whole point is that we probably eat 95% better than the majority of the population, so give yourself a break! I was a splenda addict up until just a bit ago. It takes time to find good replacements for things. I for one am NOT giving up my microwave kettle corn, even if it is full of sugar and fat! :)

hk March 21, 2009 at 8:27 pm

BESTEST dessert idea EVAAHH! wowee, heathe–that looks delish! have an awesome rest of the night, happy weekend :)

marafaye March 21, 2009 at 8:36 pm

ok seriously, how do you look so cute when you first wake up?? I look vaguely like a truck ran me over, and rats nested in my hair. I love that coffee mate too… in any and all flavors. I know its not fantastic for me, but whats one vice?

I think I’ve decided to buy some Jay Robb since you and eatingbender love it so!

Thanks for all your hugs-n-stuff… I’m finally feeling tons better, and wednesday night was def. scary with the IV and stuff, but I’m on the mend! HUGS!

FoodsThatFit March 21, 2009 at 8:43 pm

Heather, you are a girl after my own heart! Ice cream and oats, sounds great to me!

I have never added ice cream, but also use oats to “dilute” some of my favorite unhealthier choices….like adding chocolate chips and peanut butter to cooked oats to make a “healthier” version of no bake cookies.

I am glad to hear that your doc gave you the o.k. on the fiber. What he said makes sense to me!

Hope you and your hubby are having a fun and relaxing weekend! Keep on with the great food concoctions, they are awesome!!!

Erica March 21, 2009 at 8:59 pm

hahah- totally with you! We all of our “one thing” that we can’t give up (see my post tonight)! No one is perfect and I think a little coffee creamer isn’t going to kill ya ;) LOVE the jay robb- even though he puts a cheesy pic of himself on his products. I can’t wait for my egg white protein to get here! Have a good night! Thank you for the shout out!

Anna March 21, 2009 at 9:16 pm

I LOVE this post- eating perfectly healthy 100% of the time would get pretty boring, I think. The oat bran and ice cream combo is my fave!

Re: the spinach oatmeal… My roommates already think my oatmeal concoctions are sorta weird, so I really want to make that spinach one just to see what their reactions would be!

Sarah (lovINmytummy) March 21, 2009 at 9:22 pm

There goes my chance at blackmail. Shoot.

I’m glad the protein only cakes worked. I think it can be iffy with various protein powders, but I should have know that Jay Robb wouldn’t let you down.

I’m with you on the protein thing, which means more egg whites, protein powder and shakes.

I’ve got to go crap free soon. I’m only a few chapters into “Skinny Bitch” and I’m so so ashamed…

carolinebee March 21, 2009 at 9:29 pm

O heather you so hott!! I just made polly’s ww “loveys” RIGHT now…i love them, and her, i’m gonna go comment on her blog!!! As for the “crap” foods we can’t abandon…i am still a splenda fiend..i don’t even mention it b/c it’s just a standard in my coffee, yogurt, oatmeal…i mean pretty much everything else we are eating is straight up from the GROUND so we are in the clear right?? ;D

Sarah March 21, 2009 at 9:54 pm

ooooooooh, no need for embarrassment on either count — the coffeemate or the dessert. a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do.

and i can’t get over how GORGEOUS your spinach oats keep looking! esp with that pb perfection melting all over the top …

jesslikesithot March 21, 2009 at 9:57 pm

yaaaa, I wish my hair looked like that 5 minutes after I got up every morning!!! haha!!

delicious eats as always heather, and don’t feel bad about the coffee mate……everything else in your diet is supaaa healthy! :) I definitely chew the sugar-free gum….is it THAT bad?!

Maggie March 21, 2009 at 10:03 pm

I love Polly too :)

I love that you addressed the “healthy eating” thing. I get a bit self-conscious when people accuse me of only eating healthy foods… well, I tend to only post the interesting and healthy things! Like what you do :) And now I’m craving oat bran and ice cream. Awesome combo.

I hope you have a great night!

Jillian March 21, 2009 at 10:13 pm

Heather!
This Coffee mate confession make me happy. Coming from a true addict myself…i long after the International Delight brand: White Chocolate Macadamia nut…not sugar free, but holy crap…ever so tasty! Hope you are smiling and doing well my dear. 2 hr hot yoga…wow…props to you! I have a few hot 90 min sessions under my belt…but man, the last 20 min are tough on me! Anywhoo…thanks for the laughs…the words…and for being you! :)

Sweetie Pie March 21, 2009 at 11:07 pm

I’m a little behind on reading/posting so I just followed the fiber question from beginning to end. I’m glad there wasn’t much suspense, as I’ve been wondering the same thing about my own “over achiever” fiber intake.

I can’t give up my I Can’t Believe it’s Not Butter spray, Torani sugar free syrup or Fat Free Cool Whip just yet. That’s my confessional of the day!

Oat Bran plus ice cream is an awesome idea!

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 22, 2009 at 7:49 am

Thanks Sweetie Pie – your confession makes me feel much better. I always ask for the sugar free syrup at Starbucks. :)

Caroline March 22, 2009 at 12:00 am

Yep, I’m not perfect either. I still have quite a liking for Coke Zero–how did you kick the habit?

I love banana dogs–I make them all the time with regular old whole wheat hot dog buns:)

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 22, 2009 at 7:48 am

Caroline,
I had to go cold turkey to give up Coke Zero. My habit was out of control (up to 6 a day sometimes!) I don’t know what they put in that stuff, but I know I was addicted to something other than just the caffeine as I had the worst withdrawal symptoms – nothing like when I’ve given up coffee in the past! Anyway, now when I have a sip of diet soda, it tastes disgusting (never thought I’d say that). Anyway, I hope I never get back in the habit. Trying to stick to my one HUGE mug of coffee in the mornings. Banana Dogs – yum!

Stephenie March 22, 2009 at 3:32 am

Your tortillas always look so delicious! I am not sure about spinach oats… I am not there yet… THAT healthy =) But someday!

Stephenie March 22, 2009 at 3:32 am

Oh, and bravo on the soda! I have gone 6 months without soda and am so proud!!!

Susan March 22, 2009 at 4:58 am

That is the greenest bowl of oatmeal I’ve ever seen! And don’t feel bad about the Coffee Mate, we all have those little not-so-great things that we love (mine is mints and gum!). And congrats on still being off the sugar-free gum! You’re a stronger woman than I :P

Beadie @ What I Ate Yesterday March 22, 2009 at 5:24 am

Ha. If I posted pictures of my morning hair onthe internet, people would be running to the hills screaming. And hoooray for having a vice, we all have them!

I am so tempted to try the spinach oat thing. Can you taste it?

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 22, 2009 at 7:45 am

Beadie,
I was cooking my spinach in my oats, and although I couldn’t taste it, I could smell it cooking. Kind of gross, but the raw doesn’t bother me at all, and I’d rather eat raw spinach anyway. Thankfully, the Vita-Mix blends everything up so smoothly. I couldn’t handle spinach chunks! Even without adding sweetener, I can’t really taste it. So, when I add some Jay Robb or other fruit, there is definitely no green taste. However, I do taste the avocado, but I love me some avocado yumminess! :)

VeggieGirl March 22, 2009 at 5:45 am

Haha oh Heather, no worries – just enjoy!! :-D

Erin March 22, 2009 at 5:45 am

Whoa. Delightfully naughty combo :)
Ice cream and oats, oh my!
And I think a girl has to have an artificial product now and again to not go mad.

justine March 22, 2009 at 6:03 am

Girl, the coffemate is no biggie! A blogger/reader meetup sounds fun! I like the protein tortilla/banana/pancake thingie. Green oats sound yummy! I am off to kitchen….

~Justine

Hangry Pants March 22, 2009 at 6:30 am

Confession duly noted. We all have our vices, yes. I need to get off the SF gum. I think it’s injuring my jaw!

peaceandpeanutbutter March 22, 2009 at 7:06 am

It’s ok, a girl can savor her love for an artificial coffe-mate :-)

Oats are looking lovely this morning, as is your oatbran/coconut icecream snack. Oh yes you DID!!

~Peace, have a wonderful day!

Erika

Emily March 22, 2009 at 8:16 am

Heather,

Ooo my goodness you hit my weak spot today. I have been doing so well with the no diet soda thing, but I’m back in the arms of the “Splenda Fiend”-stevia just tastes so bitter to me… and I love love love Alternative Pitas and Alternative Bagels I need me some carby goodness under 100 calories!

I’m thinking we should do a blogland wide crap free month in April along with you and Erica. We could all go through withdrawls together! Anyone else up for the challenge?

With Love,

Emily

Evey March 22, 2009 at 10:49 am

Green oats?? Hmm.. now there’s an idea! Will definitely give it a try!

About that coffee mate, it’s ok. We all have our dirty little secrets.. kudos to you for fessin’ up! :)

Have a great day!

Lora March 22, 2009 at 11:01 am

good god, thats not bad at all…my confession? i LOVE diet coke, splenda in my black coffee….this girl HAS A MAJOR ADDICTION…. :)

THANKS for the comment..I hope things get moving because I REALLY hate labels too. Ugh, I am such a guy (2 older brothers) that I love taking control, but in these situations i can’t LOL.

Tina March 22, 2009 at 11:22 am

Ohh, I knooow… why do certain artificial things have to be soo good? I kicked all the “bad” things I occasionally ate from my diet a couple of years ago. Luckily I wasn’t addicted to any of it but it was refreshing to eliminate it from my diet nontheless. I started eating as much organic as possible and added good and healthy foods to my diet. I decided to become vegan and have been for about two years – BUT, here’s my little secret, there is one thing that isn’t vegan that I just cannot get out of my diet. Candy. Yeah, totally lame-o but I just can’t kick it. And I’m not just talking any old candy, here in Sweden where I live we have what is called “Lösviktsgodis” which is the best thing ever. It’s all kinds of different bonbons, chocolates, sour candies… you name it and you scoop a little bit of each kind you want and then pay for it by the hekto (or well, like per pound). It’s so awesome. There’s another type of this lösviktsgodis called “Exotic Snacks” which is milk, dark and white chocolate covered as well as yoghurt covered nuts and fruits. This is twice as addictive and I cannot kick it from my diet even though I know it’s not vegan… ugh, why must they tempt me!?

P.S Heck yes to ice cream oatmeal, totally brilliant idea! Ain’t no stoppin’ you, you go girl!

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 22, 2009 at 3:05 pm

Tina,
A vegan who eats yoghurt covered nuts and fruit? I love it! Thank you for assuring me that it’s okay to not be 100% perfect in my eating all the time. You made me feel a lot better knowing I’m not alone in my struggles. :)

Meredith March 22, 2009 at 11:50 am

Ha, I love the banana dog!!!!!

Lara (Thinspired) March 22, 2009 at 12:02 pm

It’s so funny that you posted on this today because my mom is truly ADDICTED to CoffeeMate (not even the sugar free stuff) and since I have been here we have been trying to find a suitable alternative for her, but she is hooked! Your habits are so healthy otherwise though that you can have at least that little vice! Mine is Splenda :)

Um, and your hair is gorgeous! Thick and shiny–must be all that oatbran.

brandi March 22, 2009 at 12:42 pm

um…i wish my hair looked like yours when I woke up :)

I love your meals and snacks – so creative! I wish I lived closer to Nashville! I think it’s about 6 hours from me.

lisaheartspizza March 22, 2009 at 12:55 pm

Is that some red peeking out from your brunette mane?? If you you are a total frickin’ rockstar(coffeemate and all!)…In my mantra you totally negate the stuff in your coffee by eating all things green for breakfast, but maybe that’s just my optimistic thinking. I may try some spinach in my oats, you’ve already inspired me to try oatbran and I like that now and this morning I even(gasp) blended it!! Sooo good!

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 22, 2009 at 3:08 pm

Hey Lisaheartspizza,
Yes, that it red, pink actually. You can read all about it here: http://heathereatsalmondbutter.com/2009/02/24/who-needs-mickey-ds/

So glad you tried the blended oats. I totally think the creamy texture is worth the bit of extra effort, and don’t fear the spinach. So good!

Heather March 22, 2009 at 1:30 pm

Wow, those blood red oranges look SO yummy against that kale and strawberries. Definitely craving some now!

The yoga sounds amazing as well… I’m sure it was a workout, but I’ve recently gotten into yoga and have become quite a fanatic ;) What kind of mat do you use?

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 22, 2009 at 3:03 pm

Heather,
Hooray for a fellow “Heather” obsessed with yoga. I love it! I use this mat: http://www.athleta.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=5139&itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&keyword=yoga+mat. I love the little bit of extra cushioning if offers. Plus, it seems longer and more narrow than other yoga mats.

Since I practice in a heated studio, I have to use a non-skid towel over my mat (we sweat a lot!), and this one is awesome: http://www.amazon.com/Yogitoes-Skidless-Premium-Towel-Purple/dp/B000SQF5YM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1237755717&sr=1-1

Happy yogaing! :)

eatlivelovedream March 22, 2009 at 2:28 pm

Your hair looks so good compared to mine right after I wake up! I don’t even recognize myself.
Thanks for offering help! I’m sure I will be needing it! I’m slowly figuring it all out! It’s so much more complicated then blogger, but I really do love it!
I love your banana dog! I can see it now! Banana dog takes over the blogging world:) I will be trying that very soon I’m sure!

eatlivelovedream March 22, 2009 at 2:30 pm

oh oh yes! I remember! I wanted to ask, Now that your off sugar free gum, what gum do you chew? Or just none at all? I’m off all fake sweeteners except my bad gum habit.

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 22, 2009 at 2:59 pm

Hey Marian (Eat Live Love Dream),
I went cold turkey – no more aspartame sweetened gum. Occasionally, I will chew this gum we sell at work called Unique Sweet. It’s sweetened with xylitol, but not very good. The flavor doesn’t last long at all! Nothing like my spearmint Extra. :)

orangepop March 22, 2009 at 2:34 pm

LOL oh, yes you did!!! Love it all. Green & brown oats= potty?! haha jk jk. Gross, I hope you still enjoy them after this comment. Feel free to delete it.

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 22, 2009 at 2:56 pm

Hey Orangepop, nothing will keep my from enjoying my green oats…and not much grosses me out after growing up with 2 brothers and being married to a guy who is 28 going on 13. :)

Red Head, Yellow Dog March 22, 2009 at 3:25 pm

ahh we all have our vices. and honestly, if your biggest one is a little sf coffee mate I would say you are doing pretty fantastic!! I have a diet soda a couple times a week and I know it’s not the greatest thing but we all need a little wiggle room ;)

ashley (sweet & natural) March 22, 2009 at 3:30 pm

I got the ice cream coupon in the mail yesterday! I cannot wait to cash it in for some yumminess! Thank you again! :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 22, 2009 at 4:04 pm

Ashley,
So glad the coupon arrived. Enjoy your coconut product of choice!

Andrea March 22, 2009 at 4:04 pm

Silk soy creamer vanilla is the bomb! It definitely helped me get over my coffeemate habit!

Dori March 22, 2009 at 4:58 pm

Thank you for the birthday wishes! We had a great time, wish you lived in NY! So I use sugar free french vanilla creamer every single day! I love it. I use such a small drop that I don’t feel bad about it at all though. So much flavor in that one little drop — and nothing else compares.

Your tortillas look DELICIOUS!

jacobc March 22, 2009 at 5:20 pm

Coffeemate??!!
*gasp*… the horror..

;-p

Haleigh March 22, 2009 at 5:20 pm

The tortillas look amazing! I need to try to make some of my own. I used to be a total coffee creamer addict before I moved abroad and they didn’t have any flavored creamer! Hope that you enjoyed your weekend!

Lindsay March 22, 2009 at 5:30 pm

ok you should definitely see what my hair looks like in the morning… can you say afro :) totally me! your hair looks great!

thanks for your comment regarding protein intake… im glad to know that i’m not alone… i’m so confused too! i mean i eat animal protein but it’s in the form of like a small piece of chicken, etc… i started trying to estimate my intake and its definitely way below .8 * my body weight, so i think i’m going to strive for a happy medium at around 100… ill let you know how it works out for me :)

ttfn300 March 22, 2009 at 6:41 pm

ha, you’re too funny. if only i ate like you ;-) the oatmeal in the ice cream? i want some right now :) and you guys and your produce, too funny! i wish i could buy produce at costco…

Holly March 22, 2009 at 6:44 pm

You know….I think we all should have at least one vice. Right? Okay…so I have more than one. I might have, say…two or maybe even three. But I’m with Lisaheartspizza – all of those greens (just typed “girls”…hmmm) have to cancel out the Coffee Mate! Right? I love how you are so honest, though.

Thank you SO much for your yoga thoughts. I think I’m going to go with what you said and try a few beginner classes at that studio. I also have a video I could pull out (read: scramble to find and blow the dust off of) and try. I think I need more yoga in my life. :-)

Hope you had a great weekend!

Mandy A March 22, 2009 at 6:52 pm

Hey Heather, thanks for the shout out :)

I hope we can find some Nashville peeps to meet up with! If not, I’d love to meet up with you and Justine some time!

Hope you had a great sunday!

eatingbirdfood March 22, 2009 at 8:05 pm

No worries. I think everyone has some unhealthy loves in their lives. I know I do!!

I love that you made your own spelt tortillas. I need to try Polly’s recipe.

musicmaven10 March 22, 2009 at 8:14 pm

Hi Heather, just wanted to say how much I love your blog! I just started one of my own this weekend, and I hope you don’t mind- I added you to my blogroll! hollywoodmeetsdenver.wordpress.com.

Holly :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 23, 2009 at 8:25 am

Musicmaven10,
Thanks for adding me to your blogroll. I promise to stop by soon and say “hi”. :)

Kristie March 22, 2009 at 9:28 pm

Seeing the Coffeemate makes me SO relieved cause I just have to have a splash of it sometimes. There is definitely nothing wrong with a little bit of a “guilty pleasure”. Coffeemate is amazing. We don’t have sugar free around here though, only fat free. If we had the sugar free I’d be all over that. I kind of want some right now. The only kind in our fridge is the full fat kind though. Thumbs doooown.

Even more than the coffeemate though, I LOVE the oat bran in the ice cream. That makes me think of something like a hot slice of pie topped with ice cream… only I’ll bet the oat bran tasted even better! Next time I’m craving the pie-ice cream combo I’ll have to try the oat bran trick. So genius!

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 23, 2009 at 8:30 am

Kristie,
So relieved to know I’m not the only Coffee-Mate lover out there, and yes, you must the oat/ice-cream combo. It was so good! :)

snackface March 22, 2009 at 10:55 pm

Heather! I read your blog all the time, I have no idea why I haven’t commented yet. Anyway, girrrl you’re supah cute when you first roll out of bed! You’ve got me beat, lol. But I am SO happy you wrote about your SF coffee mate, because I’ve tried the soy creamers and such, but I just really need a dose of SF international delights creamer in the morning. I also chew SF gum, though, so I’m not all that clean anyway. So, thanks for making me feel normal :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 23, 2009 at 8:31 am

Snackface,
Thanks for reading and for your comment AND for making me feel normal. :)

Elizabeth March 23, 2009 at 12:16 am

Hey, we all have to have that one thing we cant give up!! Mine..well I have lots! :) For one, I am soooo missing Diet Coke right now.

I love the oat bran and ice cream. That makes me want to build an oatmeal sundae.

And I am with everyone else.. you look fabulous for just waking up! Have a great day tomorrow.. I do have the day off so I will be enjoying myself!

Sophia March 23, 2009 at 6:58 am

thanks for the suggestion on avocadoes! I’ll keep them in mind until I’m brave enough to try them again. heh.
and I agree, you deserve to have a few “indulgences” here and there! you eat so healthy most of the time anyway, a little bit of creamer would not do you any harm! but wow, you actually can say no to coke zero? I don’t think I’ll ever be able to give that up!
oh, and about computers…I finally gave in and got a VMware Fusion! It’s a program in which you have a virtual machine to run Windows XP alongside with your Mac…so I can still download Windows-only programs while still enjoying all the benefits of a Mac! YAY! I’m just letting you know just in case you might want to purchase it too! it’s quite pricey though…but I can’t live without Windows Live writer! blogging will be such a pain without it!
oh btw, why do you like oat bran better than rolled oats? I’ll miss the chewiness of regular oats…

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 23, 2009 at 8:54 am

Hey Sophia,
Thanks for the VMware Fusion tip. Someday maybe. I just use Wordpress to blog. Am I totally missing out without Windows Live Writer? Love oat bran much more than rolled oats. However, had to use the rolled variety this morning. All out of my bran…missed that creamy texture!

Sarah W. March 23, 2009 at 7:50 am

blood oranges are my new obsession!! i need to find some tonight!!1

Emily March 23, 2009 at 8:31 am

I also enjoy a good Coffeemate creamer once in a while. No shame, Heather. :-)

Love your banana dog, hehee..and that you put oat bran in ice cream. It really looks good!

I wish I lived in Nashville…I would love to participate in a blogger meet up with you!

Elina March 23, 2009 at 10:27 am

Oh man, I forgot about coffeemate! I used to be obsessed with the hazelnut one back in college. I swear I had a perma smile after drinking a cup of coffee in the morning with the stuff in it. Oh, good memories :)
Ok, oats for dessert. I need to really revamp my eating habits…

Diana (Soap & Chocolate) March 23, 2009 at 12:25 pm

Lady, please. As if everyone reading this post doesn’t have a similar vice to your Coffee Mate. I still drink a couple Diet Cokes every week even though I know it’s not good for me, but considering I used to drink a couple every DAY, I know that’s an improvement on my part and I don’t even really think I WANT to make it forbidden! Coffee Mate is freaking delicious too. The donut guy on the corner near my office would always dump a ton in my coffee when I used to go to him each morning and I just pretended I didn’t know I wasn’t getting skim milk. :) That hazelnut was killer… oh the good old days of not making my own coffee!

Diana (Soap & Chocolate) March 23, 2009 at 12:26 pm

OMG and your dessert is blowing my mind again. Stop doing that – the cleanup over here is a bitch. ;)

luckytastebuds March 23, 2009 at 12:37 pm

hhahha OH MY GOSH i’m always so pleasantly shocked/surprised when I find out i’m commentor # 100+ at your blog. hahhaha but that’s ok. your blog rocks too much to not comment! I think it’s an absolutely fabulous idea to dump oatbran into ice-cream. That really is the perfect hot and cold combo! I’m defnitey going to do a Heather combo next time. Maybe oatmeal and icecream??? heehee

Kris March 23, 2009 at 2:13 pm

Hi Heather,
I am a little time reader, first time commenter… but I was overwhelmed with your confession and had to share… I recently had a serious and devastating break up with Coffee Mate Hazelnut Full Fat, Full Sugar Creamer. For the longest time I refused to look at the illegible ingredient list..knowing what I would find. But one day I was feeling extra clean and diet shiny and read it. I knew by reading I was making the choice to not go back… Like your Coke Zero situation, I had a problem. My serving was not 2 Tbs! or even close… in my 2 LARGE cups of daily Joe. But here is my confession… I can’t give up the poison that I know is Splenda…or little drops of yellow sunshine! =)

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 23, 2009 at 2:52 pm

Kris,
Thank you for this comment! Little drops of yellow sunshine – hehe. :)

Yeah, I don’t know what’s worse: the sugar free Coffee-Mate OR the 1/2 cup half & half + Splenda I used to drink in my coffee. I wish I could just drink it black, BUT THERE IS NO WAY! Please know you’re not alone my friend.

Jenn (eating bender) March 24, 2009 at 12:38 pm

Hehehehehe…I used to use CoffeeMate! In fact, I was obsessed. I don’t think my Silk French Vanilla soy creamer is quite the same. Oh well, I off set that with my Nestle hot chocolate mix ;) Love the picture of you kissing your not-so-secret friend! I also ask for sugar-free at Starbucks. Sometimes you just gotta live on the wild side, no?

I love that banana dog!

elise March 24, 2009 at 5:00 pm

sabra love!!! mmm…you are such a stud in the kitch. tortillas? any extras i will be happy to taste test :)

{ 8 trackbacks }