Our flavoring system is proprietary and is a well-guarded secret. We use natural extracts to create our flavors, and that is as far as I can go in describing our unique flavors or I would be revealing our secrets. Countless companies in the past 15 years have attempted to find out our secrets by sending us letters inquiring about our flavors. Many other companies have analyzed our product in an attempt to duplicate our secret and outrageously delicious formula. But no company to date has come close to the quality or taste of our product. We are the pioneers of creating protein powders tastes fantastic, yet is not laced with aspartame, sucralose, fructose, acesulfame-K, artificial colors, artificial flavors, or any other junk that protein powder formulas often contain.
From time to time we receive emails and letters from our customers who are concerned with MSG, excitotoxins, and our products. Most of the concern about excitotoxin ingestion and the potential damage it can cause is centered on the ingestion of aspartame, MSG (monosodium glutamate) and hydrolyzed vegetable protein; NONE of which are used in any of our protein products. We also offer unflavored protein products for those who wish to sidestep all flavors and/or use their own flavorings.
Now for the winners of the rice protein giveaway:
Winners, please email me with your address and flavor of choice (vanilla, strawberry, or chocolate), and your protein powder is on its way!
I have officially devoured sampled all of The PURE Bars I received last week:
Check out the chunkage factor:
I now refer to The PURE Bar as the Ben & Jerry’s of raw food bars as every bite was filled with either dried fruit or nuts. Love me some chunks! Below are my thoughts on each individual flavor beginning with my favorites:
- Apple Cinnamon – Chocked full of dried apples and 100% delish.
- Chocolate Brownie – I love chocolate. I love dates. That being said, when I eat a chocolate flavored bar, I want to taste the chocolate, not the date paste. This bar did not disappoint! Plenty of chocolate flavor.
- Wild Blueberry – This bar reminded me of these generic blueberry newton cookies I used to eat all the time in college. Yum, and I loved the walnut pieces.
- Cherry Cashew – This was good and not as tart as some other cherry flavored raw bars. However, I couldn’t really taste the cherryness until the last 2 bites.
- Cranberry Orange – The orange flavor was a bit too overpowering for me, but good if you like your bars extra fruity. 🙂
- Chocochip Trailmix – This is the one flavor I didn’t really like (K, I’m glad you enjoyed it more than I did). The raw cacao nibs made the whole bar a little too bitter for my taste.
Overall, The PURE Bars were delicious, and I love that they are higher in protein and lower in fruit sugars when compared to many other raw food bars on the market. My one complaint is the size. For 200 calories, there is not much to them. They make a nice snack, but I usually followed them up with a spoonful of nut butter as I was always left wanting a bit more. Again, a huge thank-you to Rebecca at THE PURE BAR for sending me samples and be sure to check out founder of The PURE Bar, Veronica’s blog.
Happy Thursday to you all. 🙂