Sunday Brunch with The Girls

by HEAB on May 24, 2009

Breakfast was protein pancakes using Jay Robb’s chocolate rice protein powder and smothered in soy-free Earth Balance, crunchy almond butter, crunchy peanut butter and maple syrup.

The rubber tires are back!

The rubber tires are back!

Then for lunch, I met up with fellow blogger Justine and Mandy, one of our readers.  We went to one of my favorite brunch spots in town, Marché.

Mandy, Me, & Justine

Mandy, Me, & Justine

The food was amazing!  Look at the condiment selection they bring out with the bread….

Nut butter, Nutella, Jam, butter, and honey.  Brilliant!

Nutella, almond/peanut butter, jam, honey, and butter. Brilliant!

I had baked eggs with roasted potatoes, asparagus, spinach, and pesto:

Greens for the day...check.

Greens for the day...check.

Mandy, it was so nice to finally get to meet you in person.  We must do this again soon!

Then Justine came over, and we talked squash:

Spreading the kabocha love. :)

Spreading the kabocha love. :)

All in all, a wonderful day.  It’s raining in Nashville…again.  So, no walk outside today, but I’m hoping to do this Yin Yoga sequence that The Dainty Pig sent me.

Happy Memorial Day to you all!

Oh, Justine, sorry Einstein (our dog) jumped up and lifted your skirt…

CD’s Random Comment Of The Day:

He learned that one from me. :)

Erica May 24, 2009 at 3:59 pm

What a great brunch! I love the condiment selection- very yum. Hey my in laws went to yogurt oasis today and LOVED it- thank you for the tip ;)

jenngirl May 24, 2009 at 4:04 pm

Okay, nut butters and jelly as a condiment selection? OH MY OH MY how delightful!! :)

Glad you had a nice brunch out!

Tyler May 24, 2009 at 4:13 pm

wow, your lunch looks good! eggs with spinach and pesto?! yum! do i spy some asparagus hidden in there also?? and i can’t believe what a great condiment selection they have! i’m sending this post to my sis who goes to vandy…she needs to go to this restaurant! (and i need to come visit..)

the dainty pig May 24, 2009 at 4:32 pm

mmmmm! now i’m craving pancakes :)
those baked eggs looks so wonderful! Glad you had a great day.
I think i’m going to do some of those yin poses myself tonight; i didn’t have a chance to practice yet, and i’m trying to keep up with maggie’s challenge!

glidingcalm May 24, 2009 at 4:34 pm

hurray for blogger meet ups and PROTEIN PANCAKES! YOURS LOOK SO TASTY!! and i laughed at rubber tires!! maybe you’ve called them that before and I didn’t notice- but now that I’ve made them, I can totes agree. Still tasty though!! love all those bread dips too! WOWIE.

Samantha May 24, 2009 at 4:39 pm

I just spewed water when I read the apology followed by CD’s random comment. :)

That greens dish looks awesome! Sounds like a nice time spent.

Maggie May 24, 2009 at 4:44 pm

That is the cutest picture :) Happy Memorial Day!

Shelby May 24, 2009 at 4:47 pm

What a lovely meet-up.

Mmm, love those pancakes! I will have to try making a vegan version =)

ttfn300 May 24, 2009 at 5:00 pm

cd cracks me up, i love it :) looks like a lovely brunch, and i need a squash!!!

nicolegodiva May 24, 2009 at 5:04 pm

You ladies are so beautiful. Looks like a fun time!

MizFit May 24, 2009 at 5:47 pm

FUN!
I echo the loveliness of you three and woulda begged out of the squash talk in favor of…anything :)

actually Id have loved to have squashedLISTENED as I know so little.

have a great memorial day!

Hangry Pants May 24, 2009 at 5:51 pm

I love everything about this post! Pancakes are the best, brunch with ladies is always nice and a farmer’s market – divine! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Tanya May 24, 2009 at 5:54 pm

Protein panckaes – love ‘em!!

Kristie May 24, 2009 at 5:55 pm

Aw a condiment circle, how cute! And you’re right, GREAT selection! I’ve never been to a place that serves that schmancy of a breakfast.

Love love love the kabocha!

ksgoodeats May 24, 2009 at 6:23 pm

Oh gosh, I would have been set with just the bread and condiments alone! Your dish looks fantastic though – what a great restaurant!

You and Justine look very cute with your squashes :)

Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) May 24, 2009 at 6:23 pm

What beautiful ladies! Oh and food too ;-) Is it bad that I squealed a little bit when I saw the Nutella, haha. Glad you had a great day, enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

CaSaundra May 24, 2009 at 6:42 pm

Looks like a super fun time! I love brunches =)

polly May 24, 2009 at 6:44 pm

hi beautiful heabs!

Massive Memorial day hugs! How are you? You look adorable as EVER in those pics! What a yummy eggy meal. Hope CD and the pups are wonderful too, enjoy this weekend. We are blessed! Love you to bits.

Your pink hair streak always makes me smile. LOVE IT. :)

XOXO
peach

elise May 24, 2009 at 7:29 pm

a restaurant that brings out a platter of condiments with the bread!!!!!! OMG! its official, im moving, haha

psychoj1 May 24, 2009 at 8:16 pm

Super yummy breakfast! Glad your day went well :)
<3 jess

FoodsThatFit May 24, 2009 at 8:24 pm

Aww, look at you pretty ladies! I would have licked the Nutella and nut butter containers clean. I am a sucker for cute little side condiment dishes, and that is the best one I have ever seen by far. I also like that it is made just for your table, and not a huge container of syrup or butter, that you have no idea who else has dipped into it.

That is so cool that you have Justine so close to hang out with. I wish I had a buddy that lived nearby that I could talk squash with!

Anne K. May 24, 2009 at 8:42 pm

Those pancakes look great! And I love the condiment selection. You girls look great, and it sounds like you had a lot of fun. Have a great Memorial day :)

healthy ashley May 24, 2009 at 8:48 pm

You must have been in heaven when you saw nut butter with the bread! :) Your Sunday brunch sounds wonderful!

Andrea@WellnessNotes May 24, 2009 at 9:40 pm

Sounds like a great day! Your roasted eggs with all the greens look great!

Erin May 24, 2009 at 10:04 pm

So cute are the little dishes full of toppings!
Dang! Is reader Mandy a make up artist? I love her eye makeup!

Coconutgal May 24, 2009 at 10:05 pm

Gorgeous gals in that photo ;-D
That breakfast place sounds amazing… they serve almond butter!! Looks yummy!
Hope you’re having a good weekend my friend!

Elizabeth May 24, 2009 at 10:18 pm

What a fun brunch date! That condiment plate looks pretty amazing! Your pancakes are great too. Hope you have a great holiday!

Sarah May 24, 2009 at 11:56 pm

I had a rubber tire yesterday morning and wished it was a fluffy, buttermilk cake. I almost quit eating it. Almost.

I’m glad to see (hear? read?) that CD is back in action!!!

Enjoy your holiday HEAB!

Michelle @ Find Your Balance May 25, 2009 at 7:52 am

Oh fun! We used to have a Marche here but i thought they went out of business. I guess they just left Boston. What a lovely looking meal you had!

Diana (Soap & Chocolate) May 25, 2009 at 9:01 am

Aw, what a pretty brunch! And I’m not just talkin about the food!

I like your idea of breakfast in a squash bowl, too. Actually, I would totally eat that for dinner. You are good at coming up with different vehicles for your food, ma’am!

Annabel May 25, 2009 at 10:04 am

OMG that is the cutest idea to have a condiment spread like that! Love it! It’s kind of like fondue! Ooooh wouldn’t it be cool if they just brought out a ton of dippers and dips?! Like a whole variety of breads, English muffins, maybe tortillas and, dare I say, oats?! hahah I’ve been reading your blog too much!
Hey, there’s a surprise for you on my blog!

Annabel

Alisa - Frugal Foodie May 25, 2009 at 3:07 pm

What a fun meet-up!

Hey, quick question on those scrumdidliumptious-looking pancakes. I read the recipe, and it said no egg white protein powder. I haven’t dared to cook with egg white protein powder, I just use it raw. Do you know if it is just a no go on cooking/baking altogether, or just in a recipe like that one since it already has so many egg whites?

burpexcuzme May 25, 2009 at 5:29 pm

Oh yeah!! KABOCHA! spread the love, so every grocery store will have them in store!
how cool to have a blogger meet-up! and I LOVE the condiment spread!

peacelovepb May 25, 2009 at 5:50 pm

awesome pancakes and sounds like you had a nice time at lunch!!
i have a question though – when you use protein powder does it make your pancake batter really watery? When I added a scoop of protein powder it made the batter sooo liquidy and they did not cook right. The powder had stevia in it so I don’t know if that made a difference. thanks!

lilveggiepatch May 25, 2009 at 9:27 pm

Those pesto baked eggs look so, so good.

broccolihut May 25, 2009 at 10:35 pm

Any place that brings out Nutella and AB with the bread is my kind of heaven:)

Gena May 26, 2009 at 7:20 am

Oh, I am drooling over those lovely Kabochas!

Looks like a lovely girls’ brunch, my dear! Happy backt-to-work day…

gina (fitnessista) May 26, 2009 at 11:49 am

those condiments are seriously awesome!
brunch looks like such a great time :D
hope you and cd had a wonderful weekend!

amy (veganissexy) May 26, 2009 at 2:36 pm

Fun times! You girls are all gorgeous and glowing :) I would die over all those little condiments, especially the nutella. YUM!