Best Guac Ever!

by HEAB on May 28, 2009

Yesterday, I attended my first Level 2/3 Vinyasa yoga class.  It was a bit advanced for me…OK, way advanced, but I’ll be back as I know that the only way to grow my yoga practice is to well, keep practicing.  I basically warmed up with everyone and then observed them gracefully rise up into headstand and handstand.  Apparently, it was inversion day. My handstand still requires a running start and a ker-plunk against the wall. Again, I need a lot of practice. :)

After yoga, I ran home to make a quick raw lunch before heading into work. Yesterday’s Raw Wednesday lunch was the best yet!

Mound o' Guac

Pile o' Guac

I made Gena’s Guacamole, and served it atop of bad of spinach and raw jicama noodles. Hands down, the BEST guacamole I’ve ever made.  Thanks Gena.  In fact, it was so good, I had the exact same lunch again today.  To all guac lovers out there, TRY THIS RECIPE!

Lunch took hardly any time to make and devour eat. So, I also whipped up a pie for after dinner:

Perfectly sweet.

Perfectly sweet.

Another winning recipe.  I used Maggie’s recipe for her Macrobiotic Apple-Raspberry Pie, but subbed spelt for the whole wheat flour and used coconut oil instead of olive oil.  Simple, delicious, and sweetened with nothing but the fruit. Gotta love that!

CD’s Random Comment Of The Day:

Sorry folks, no comment today.  Chris was too busy enjoying his pie with a scoop of homemade raw coconut ice-cream.

Actually, he did have a comment about the pie, but I won't repeat it. :)

Actually, he did have a comment regarding the pie, but I won't repeat it. :)

Maggie May 28, 2009 at 12:44 pm

I’m glad you liked it!! I’m always nervous when people try out my recipes. Yours is beautiful :)

Yeah, my handstand is not that great. Great with a wall, I guess. I like headstand though. But mine still isn’t as graceful getting up as advanced yogis. I’m missing yoga. Maybe I’ll do a real class this week.

Happy Thursday Heather!

The Novice Berker May 28, 2009 at 1:06 pm

Ahaha, I love how you described your handstand technique. And that pie is stunning!! It looks so fresh!

Wonder what CD’s comment was… Haha!

Erin May 28, 2009 at 1:14 pm

I love love gauc. So I will be trying that recipe! Beautiful lunch and dessert. Your raw foods always look so appealing.

Gina May 28, 2009 at 1:36 pm

Oooh, that pie looks awesome!!

I think I have to try this guac recipe since most guac tastes about the same to me.

brandi May 28, 2009 at 1:41 pm

running start :) I would need a running start, plus a spot and something to keep me up there!

that pie and your guac look great!

Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) May 28, 2009 at 1:41 pm

Oh my gosh, I love guacamole and I’ve been looking for a simple recipe, perfect! Thanks ;-)

polly May 28, 2009 at 2:04 pm

running start… :)

I loooove sound effects in yoga class. Anytime you can clunk a wall, giggle when you fall over, or just sigh with relief after holding warrior 2 pose for 10 breaths… is a JOY. ;)

Love you, H! and those berries………. pie? YUMMERS!

Have fun at Ansuara class tonight!! Can’t wait to hear! XOXO

gina (fitnessista) May 28, 2009 at 2:12 pm

hahah last time i tried to do a headstand, on the TILE, i, um almost broke my neck. i’ve been staying away ever since!!!
what a delicious looking pie!! i’m bookmarking that recipe now :D
enjoy your day!

Shelby May 28, 2009 at 2:12 pm

Delicious guacamole! I think I’ll make the recipe next time I want a delicious raw meal.

That pie looks LOVELY! I also printed out the recipe to make in the very near future =)

Homemade coconut ice cream…oh man, I need some a that right now!

Alisa - Frugal Foodie May 28, 2009 at 2:18 pm

Thanks for the recommendation, I have bookmarked that guac! I needed a new recipe for that.

Elisabeth May 28, 2009 at 2:20 pm

So, unrelated to guac…but still important. Today, in your honor, I had oat bran w/ AB and mashed naner for lunch. My coworkers were confused, but I didn’t care. It just felt right.

Diana (Soap & Chocolate) May 28, 2009 at 2:58 pm

OOOH HEAB I covet the guac – I’m pretty sure Gena is a genius, I’m gonna have to try that recipe soon. For now I am off for a raw dinner! I’m inspired. :)

FoodsThatFit May 28, 2009 at 3:01 pm

We were sisters or twins in some other life I am sure of it! You would think I was peeking in your windows to see what you were making and duplicating it myself! I will go with the idea that great minds DO think alike!!

That is awesome that your raw coconut ice cream for CD turned out. It looks great, as does the Macrobiotic Apple-Raspberry Pie. You do have me wondering now what CD’s comment was…but maybe I am better off not knowing :)

Have a great night!!

Erica May 28, 2009 at 3:16 pm

mmmmm I am def a guac lover and will be trying this recipe out for sure! Thank you for posting about it. Cute pic of CD loving his dessert! Guys can be such little kiddos!

Melissa S. May 28, 2009 at 3:24 pm

totally want that guac, now!!!

Brittany May 28, 2009 at 3:25 pm

I think I am in love with guac so I definitely need to try that recipe!

Hope you’re doing well Heather. I’ve been busy so I haven’t been commenting as such as usual, but know that I am still reading!!

Ellen (Peace in Motion) May 28, 2009 at 3:32 pm

mmm that pie looks yummmmmmmy

Cherie May 28, 2009 at 3:55 pm

Two BEAUTIFUL dish photos, Heather. Man, I reaaaalllly want some of that guac. Looks fab.

ksgoodeats May 28, 2009 at 4:08 pm

That’s my handstand as well! I don’t do headstands – my head is too soft I think. It always hurts!

No comment is needed – a picture is worth a thousand words!

Erin May 28, 2009 at 4:22 pm

Let me guess…it had to do with his schwing schwong.

Run Sarah May 28, 2009 at 4:46 pm

Your guacamole looks amazing!

CurlyTop May 28, 2009 at 4:53 pm

Heather,

Hey darlin! It’s been a while since I’ve “talked” to you, but I’ve been keepin up with the happenings in Reader.

I’ve been meaning to ask you how your body is responding to the greater amounts of raw food you’ve been consuming as of late. Does it give you more energy? (I could use as much as I can get!)Maybe you could do a post on any changes you’ve noticed…

Have a gorgeous night darlin!

With Love,

Emily

jacob c May 28, 2009 at 5:26 pm

ehh, i have to catch up from the last 3 posts, always interesting new stuff! I’m going to have to make a trip to whole foods and get some of this exotic stuff!
So is that the typical way buckwheat is eaten? a day for prep time is way to much! Or can you just eat the stuff like you would roasted peanuts?

Well if you won’t tell us what CD said maybe we can make a contest and see who guesses closest ;-)

“YUK” give me something to get that FAKE SWEET POTATOE taste out of my mouth!

haha, obviously it wasn’t a bad comment the way he is digging in!

Cheers, J

Andrea@WellnessNotes May 28, 2009 at 5:53 pm

Both recipes sound and look awesome! I love guacamole, so I’ll definitely try this version! :)

homegirlcaneat May 28, 2009 at 6:23 pm

You and your raw foods are so inspiring!! Guac is my LOVE on anything! I just bookmarked that recipe! Thank you thank you!

ttfn300 May 28, 2009 at 7:07 pm

jicama noodles??? i want some :) and that pie looks great– raw coconut ice cream!!! and now i’m intrigued about what cd said :P

glidingcalm May 28, 2009 at 8:04 pm

that guac looks tasty!! i want to make raw jicama noodless!!

and that picture of Chris is awesome.

Gena (Choosing Raw) May 28, 2009 at 8:24 pm

Oh, my dearest! I am so excited that you loved the guac!! I made a giant bowl for my friend Cassie and me tonight and we loved it. Thank you for trying it!

xo

Sarah (LovIN My Tummy) May 28, 2009 at 9:01 pm

I currently have every dirty pie joke I can think of going through my head. I’m guessing something to do with American Pie?

My guac recipe is really similar to Gena’s and if she tells me its okay to eat the whole batch, even better!

eatlivelovedream May 28, 2009 at 9:25 pm

HAH!! All I have to say is that you crack me up heather!

Lara (Thinspired) May 29, 2009 at 5:05 am

Gena is my new blog crush discovery…can’t wait to try that recipe! Even better that you have given it the GREEN light ;)

Ashley May 29, 2009 at 9:02 am

I’m loving your pie heather! Looks fabulous.. and I really want to know CD’s comment about it! Haha :-)

Samantha May 30, 2009 at 6:02 am

I made that guac today but added a chopped egg white (that was a boo boo from making tea eggs) and ate it in a sprouted wrap. SO GOOD!

elise May 31, 2009 at 8:36 am

yum!!! i heart guac, guess ill have to try this one :)

{ 1 trackback }