Yoga Winner and Blended Eats…Surprise, surprise.

by HEAB on June 18, 2009

And the winner of a one year Elite membership to YogaDownload is…

Maren.  Maren’s comment:

forest yoga sounds great!

Congrats Maren!  Please email me.  Now, remember if you didn’t win, you can still save 50% on all YogaDownload classes through June 30 with the coupon code HEAB.  Click here to start downloading.  I did the 60 minute Hot-Power fusion class yesterday. Loved the mix of Bikram and Flow, and how cool that I didn’t have to sweat buckets and get my electrolytes totally out of whack. No offense to all my hot yoga lovin friends out there…I just overdid it back in my Bikram days. :)

So yesterday, I made a most excellent smoothie.  Ladies and gent (I know I have at least one male reader), I present to you my interpretation of the lovely Trilby Drew’s Dryer Lint Smoothie:

Looks like lint. Tastes like heaven.

Looks like lint. Tastes like heaven.

This billowing smoothie contained:

1 cup water

2 TBSP chia seeds soaked in the water for 15 – 30 minutes

1/2 frozen avocado

1/2 cup frozen blueberries

1 scoop chocolate Jay Robb rice proteinJay, your chocolate is my fav.  Give it up for some sexy hot chocolate my friends!

This smoothie was so good, that I went without my daily dose of oatgurt just so I could eat it again for breakfast.  Love spoonable smoothies.  Trilby Drew, thanks so much for this recipe!

Dryer lint smoothie with raw pecan nut butter love.

Dryer lint smoothie with raw pecan nut butter love.

Lunch involved the Vita-Mix as well.

Raw soup is extremely filling!

Raw soup is extremely filling!

I made Gena’s Basic Tomato Soup with the addition of this:

Know what this is?

Know what this is?

That was a chayote squash from my local Asian market.  Wasn’t really sure what to do with it, so I just chucked the whole thing in the Vita-Mix along with the rest of my soup ingredients, skin and all.  The soup tasted great, and so chayote gets two thumbs up from me. :)

After lunch, I ate my weight in this:

Kabocha - have you tried it yet? If not, get on that!

Steamed kabocha - have you tried it yet? If not, get on that!

Some news I’d like to share…

• CD and I are no longer moving to Colorado, and we’ve taken our house off the market.  We’re excited about our decision to stay in Nashville but still hoping to spend a few weeks out west this summer.
  • Who is going to join Caitlin in Operation Beauty?  This idea warms my heart and makes me smile.
  • Have you tried PBU yet?  Me neither, but I will soon.
  • Want to order some Jay Robb for yourself?  Well, you have until June 30th to use the promo code from this post to recieve a 20% discount on all online orders.

CD’s Random Comments of the Day:

Due to CD’s absence, I leave you with not 1 but 2 comments:

1. In regards to my reunion with coffee…It’s so nice to have a wife that no longer goes to bed at 8 PM.
  2. In regards to my crazy experiments in the kitchen…Maybe you could start labeling all these jars in the fridge?  Please?

I’m flying to Florida tomorrow for a long weekend, and I’m not sure what the Internet situation will be.  So, if you don’t hear from me, just know that I am enjoying myself on the beach. :)

Pearl June 18, 2009 at 2:31 pm

congratulations maren!

Maria June 18, 2009 at 2:33 pm

That smoothie looks so thick and delicious it’s more like a pudding :) . I absolutely looove kabocha, good stuff. I’ve never seen chayote squash before–and you had raw squash with skin and everything? I hope you have lots of sun and good times in Florida!

VeggieGirl June 18, 2009 at 2:33 pm

Hooray for Maren! :-D

I’m glad that you’re happy with staying in Nashville – it’s good to feel “home sweet home.”

misstiffie June 18, 2009 at 2:35 pm

ahh lucky!!! i wanna be in fl right now :] whereabouts are you going??

mmm lint <3 hahahhaa…

and that pic of the kabocha looks so tasty… i havent had it in awhile… must…get some……

Diana (Soap & Chocolate) June 18, 2009 at 2:38 pm

Have fun on your trip!

I saw chayote at Whole Foods yesterday and was like, huh? I need to see the insides! And why can’t I find kabocha or jicama anywhere? I have so many food resources around me yet have not managed to lay hands on either of those crazy foods. Oh well, I won’t give up!

Emily June 18, 2009 at 2:46 pm

Hm, I don’t see lint in that bowl. It looks as good as it sounds, to me!

Have fun at the beach!!

Trilby Drew June 18, 2009 at 2:47 pm

HEATHER YOU MADE MY DAY!!! No, scratch that. You made my year!!! I am grinning ear to ear. :) :) :)

You have the right idea by pouring that baby into a bowl. I did a blueberry-avocado-chia smoothie this morning, raised the glass to my lips, threw my head back and… nothing. I opened my eyes and had made the smoothy so thick that it wouldn’t come out of the glass. Oops. But it is equally good with a spoon!

brandi June 18, 2009 at 2:48 pm

i’m glad that the house/moving situation is decided for now – at least that’s one thing you don’t need to worry about, right? If you’re meant to go back out there, things will start happening, and you’ll know.

have such a good time in Florida! Wish I was going :)

Trilby Drew June 18, 2009 at 2:56 pm

Where are my manners? I got so excited that I forgot to say congrates to Maren!

Trilby Drew June 18, 2009 at 3:08 pm

And have fun on your vacation, Heather! I’ll be sending you good weather vibes.

Erica June 18, 2009 at 3:09 pm

So much fun stuff in this post. Congrats Maren! Hope you enjoy it. I want to try that raw soup wicked bad! Sounds awesome- right up my alley. Have a BLAST in Florida!!

polly June 18, 2009 at 3:16 pm

ooohh pretty purple smoothie yummness!!

I’ll juice up my phone so we can chat on the beach, okay????

Love you to pieces, sweet peach.

I am emailing you now… some fun things to tell you… :D

Jenny June 18, 2009 at 3:19 pm

congrats to Maren =)!

psychoj1 June 18, 2009 at 3:43 pm

Congrats to Maren! She’s one lucky girl!!!!
Have fun at the beach!!
<3 jess

Maggie June 18, 2009 at 3:55 pm

Oh wow, enjoy the weekend :) I want to go to Florida.

Chayote is on my list of things to try! I never find it though :( Well, half the time I forget to look, but when I DO look I can’t find it.

Yay for staying up past 8 :D

Erin June 18, 2009 at 4:06 pm

I love CD’s quotes. And you! Thank you for your very sweet and needed comments. So appreciated.
I love the looks of all your blended goodies. Everything is so much better blended!
Have a wonderful time this weekend!

mariposagirl June 18, 2009 at 4:08 pm

HAAAAAA

my husband asks me to label my fridge things too!

Congratulations MAREN.
(I have a niece named Maren… never heard that name before her… I think its a pretty sweet name!)

ksgoodeats June 18, 2009 at 4:11 pm

Mmmmm lint – looks delicious :) I’ve never tried kabocha or chayote but I’m pretty intrigued!

Thanks for the link to that soup – I’m going to have to test it out! Hope you have a safe trip! Enjoy yourself this weekend!!

Becca June 18, 2009 at 4:31 pm

PBU is amazing! I’ve tried the blueberry-avocado mix before and loved it, but never with chia seeds. Looks great, though!

Shelby June 18, 2009 at 5:11 pm

I’m trying that combo out! Yummy smoothie! I’ve never actually had a smoothie in a bowl though, good idea.

I hope I can get some Sexy Hot Jay Robb Chocolate protein soon! I’m dying here without it haha

Pbu love <3

P.S.- I have a bowl of Oatgurt fermenting right now! Woo!

Erik June 18, 2009 at 5:38 pm

note to self: kabocha. get on that.

Ashley June 18, 2009 at 6:22 pm

What delicious looking smoothies! I can see why you are a fan. I keep hearing about Pbu… must try it!

glidingcalm June 18, 2009 at 6:35 pm

ahhhhhhh i love everything in this post!! no, i haven’t tried steam kabocha, and YES, that smoothie is being bookmarked!!!

holler at the caffeine!!

Deb June 18, 2009 at 7:08 pm

Heather! You already have a great smoothie recipe! I eat mine out of a bowl whenever I’m not on the run to the gym or errands etc. Makes me feel like a “real person”! :-)

Will have to check out that Chayote! Thanks for all the great ideas!!

Deb June 18, 2009 at 7:10 pm

PS. If you add ice to it it will look less lint-y and more, well, Ice-creamy- and taste that way too- colder. It’s all good.

tracy June 18, 2009 at 7:15 pm

hey could you tell me how you steam it? is it possible to steam it in the microwave? i don’t own a double boiler/steamer.

Mara @ What's For Dinner? June 18, 2009 at 7:30 pm

Congrats to Maren!

I have mixed feelings re: operation beauty, but I’ll email you about them!! My oaties are gone, and i may have to make some :)

Thanks for reminding me that i have a TON of chia seeds I need to use! Love you HEAB!

Kiersten June 18, 2009 at 7:46 pm

I’m laughing at CD’s comment about you going to bed at 8 pm. My boyfriend probably thinks the same thing about me at times, haha.

Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) June 18, 2009 at 8:22 pm

Have a great time in Florida! I’m glad you will be staying in Nashville because its only 3 hours away from me so if I’m ever there or you come here (Louisville, KY) we might be able to meet up :)

Congrats to Maren, that is a lovely prize!

ttfn300 June 18, 2009 at 8:43 pm

i have avocado hanging out in my freezer. why don’t i put it in my smoothies??? this will have to change :)

broccolihut June 18, 2009 at 10:27 pm

I covet your VitaMix more and more each day…

Sarah June 18, 2009 at 10:42 pm

Oooh heavens, I want some dryer lint! I need chia seeds stat. And more kabocha. Guess who’s hitting the Wing Wang Market in the morning?

Enjoy your beachy days and hit up the SPF!!!

Love ya HEAB!!!

yogiclarebear June 18, 2009 at 11:00 pm

had my first green smoothie today…broccoli, strawberries, lemon stevia, and a lime popsicle. LOL!

Kath June 19, 2009 at 6:46 am

Everything you make blended looks fabulous!!

Where in FL are you headed? We’ll be in Jacksonville :)

Emily June 19, 2009 at 6:59 am

Congrats Maren!

I think the blended goodness look like creamy ice cream! haha

“Maybe you could start labeling all these jars in the fridge? Please?”- sounds like my wary family!

Holly June 19, 2009 at 7:31 am

Good to hear you’re staying in Nashville and that you’re excited about it. :-) Nashville is an amazing city (from what I hear) and it’s lucky to have you and CD!

I hope you have an AMAZING time in Florida. Are you packin’ the Vita-Mix?

Emily June 19, 2009 at 7:47 am

Congrats to the yoga winner. Although I wish it were me, I’m really excited about the 50% discount. I’ve already gone download-happy with some of the other podcasts. :-)

Your smoothie looks so delish. I’ve never though of freezing avocados; what a great idea, especially for those that look like they’re past their prime.

Hope you have a great time in FL!

leslie June 19, 2009 at 8:56 am

i just tried chayote for the first time yesterday! i love how you blend everything. definitely makes me wish i had a better blender.

have a great weekend in the sun!

Gena (Choosing Raw) June 19, 2009 at 9:31 am

Oooh, nice variation! I’ll have to try it out! Thanks for mixing it up, my dear :)

bobbi June 19, 2009 at 10:51 am

mmmm that smoothie looks amazing! Love C’s Comments!

homecookedem June 19, 2009 at 4:23 pm

I really need to spend a day with you to learn all of your fun foodie techniques! Yummy looking HEAB foods as usual!! :)

Kristie June 19, 2009 at 7:41 pm

So when is your blended restaurant starting up eh? I want to be part of the first seating! ;)

I need more kabocha desperately but I haven’t seen it around here lately. SIGH. I think I need to head to an asian market!

Enjoy the beach lovely!

Larissa June 19, 2009 at 11:12 pm

hi! here in mexico we eat a lot of chayotes, you can steam it and then bake it with grated cheese and its just so yummy ! :)

Sammie June 21, 2009 at 6:48 am

Spoon-able smoothie – now that looks delicious.
I just stumbled upon PBU and I really want to try it. Let me know if you do and what you think of it.
Glad you had a great weekend with your family and meeting up with sweet Jenna.
Do you think that you will be coming to Boston for the Summit? Oh how I would love to hang with HEAB.
Safe travels back to your beloved CD and puppers.

Erika @ Food, Fitness, & Fun August 31, 2010 at 3:41 pm

Heather, I LOL’ed at CD’s Random Comment(s) of the Day – you should include some in your upcoming posts – too funny! :-)

HEAB August 31, 2010 at 8:36 pm

Erika,
CD still comments…however, most of them are not very “blog appropriate”. Hehe, I’ll tell him to clean up his act! ;)

Katie September 3, 2010 at 9:00 pm

Mmm, I just finished scooping one of your dryer lint smoothies into my mouth. So yummy…this is going to be a new favorite!

HEAB September 3, 2010 at 9:02 pm

Katie,
So glad you enjoyed. I need to stock up on blueberries while they’re in season and freeze them for dryer lint smoothies throughout the year. Love those things! :)

{ 2 trackbacks }