I'm Home

by HEAB on June 22, 2009

A few final photos from Florida…

During our last night, someone pulled the fire alarm in our hotel at 11 PM, and all guests were forced to evacuate. My mom was a bit traumatized while I found the whole incident rather exciting:

All the Florida humidity kept fogging up my camera lense.

The Florida humidity kept fogging up my camera lense.

The next morning consisted of more banana + almond butter in my PJ’s:

n572573890_1965912_3645143_2Right before leaving for the airport, we decided one more seafood meal was necessary.  It was barely 11 AM – fish for brunch?  Yes, please.

Grilled grouper and steamed veggies from Frenchy's Cafe in Clearwater.

Grilled grouper and steamed veggies from Frenchy's Cafe in Clearwater.

I made it home safely last night and was super excited to be reunited with my CD & the pups.  Florida was a total blast, and it was so good to hang out with my mom and older brother.  My goal was to enjoy myself and not worry about the food or fitting in a workout.  I did want to try out a local yoga studio, but I never made it to one.  Saturday’s exercise was my long walk on the beach, and yesterday’s workout consisted of 5 Sun Salutations, 3 trips up and down the steps of our hotel (8 floors), and a headstand.  Perfect.  Back in the day, I would have insisted on getting in a few runs, even if it meant everyone arranging their schedules around my workout. This trip was so different, and my morning hours spent hanging out with the fam. meant more to me than any 5 mile run ever could!

I didn’t get to post yesterday but wanted to wish my Dad a Happy Father’s Day. Love you Dad, and I look forward to hanging out with you later this week to celebrate your special day!

Me and my papa. :)

Me and my papa. :)

CD’s Random Comment of the Day:

In reference to the bowl of broccoli chia protein oats I attacked last night…Are you almost done eating that?  It stinks. Ahh, just like old times.  So good to be home!

Don’t forget to stop by Eat Live Run as Jenna’s 100 Easy Weeknight Dinners e-cookbook goes on sale today.  Go check it out!

Erica June 22, 2009 at 9:03 am

Sounds like you really enjoyed your time with your family= awesome! Its hard to be away from the hubby and the pups though so I’m glad you all are reunited ;) And of course I missed the CD comment of the day!! Hows your week looking?

brandi June 22, 2009 at 9:09 am

glad you had a good time AND made it home safely :)

Pearl June 22, 2009 at 9:15 am

wow! crazy! i can’t believe they pulled the alarm!
your mom looks so amused as you eat your almond butter + banana!

gina (fitnessista) June 22, 2009 at 9:22 am

so glad you made it home safely and had a good trip!!
i haaaaaate when jokers pull fire alarms. it used to drive me crazy when i’d stay in my friends’ dorm and we’d have to go out in the middle of the night.
hope you have a wonderful day! <3

Trilby Drew June 22, 2009 at 9:47 am

So glad you had a good time.

And is that the brown Obi Wan Kenobi robe that you said you sleep in? Awesome!

Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) June 22, 2009 at 10:06 am

I want to try that raw almond butter you are always eating!! Looks like you had a great trip ;-)

Shelby June 22, 2009 at 10:06 am

That picture is INSANE! One reason I do not want to go to Flordia! haha My hair would be ridiculous!

I’m glad you had a great time, but being home is nice too. =)

Kimberly@Living Free June 22, 2009 at 10:08 am

Welcome home Heather,
I’m so glad you had a relaxing time with your family! Also wanted to let you know I moved to Wordpress! Loving it so far. Hope you can visit soon:)

Oh, one more thing, I am putting a little oatgurt in my smoothies and so far so good. No tummy issues from it yet! Yeah! It really helps keep me full longer. I have more in the making as I type:)

Maria June 22, 2009 at 10:18 am

Heather, you and your mom are so adorable! Love the look on both your faces in that first picture. She’s looking at you like you’re crazy for slathering almond butter on banana–but it’s sooo good ;) . Glad to hear you had such a blast! Have a great day, dear.

Danielle C. June 22, 2009 at 10:19 am

Delicious grilled fish is always acceptable, at anytime of the day!

glidingcalm June 22, 2009 at 10:30 am

haha oh CD. what stinks?! the broc?!

hurray for your adorable breakfasts!!

Heather your arms are so amazing!! I don’t know if I’ve told you this before, but you have such an amazing STRONG body. Love that yoga work. And love that non-running exercising :)

stinks about the fire alarm, but at least it wasn’t 3am or FREEZING cold outside!! (both of which I have had to deal with before!)

HAPPY MONDAY BEAUTIFUL!

Anna June 22, 2009 at 10:45 am

It looks like you were able to get your seafood fix in. I’m so glad you had a great trip!

Scott in Ohio June 22, 2009 at 10:48 am

Sounds like you had a great trip!

I suffer from the same “gotta workout no matter what” addiction. Wondering if it was difficult or did you just find relief in fitting in what you could?

Glad you had a safe trip!

ksgoodeats June 22, 2009 at 10:54 am

I’m glad that you were able to ‘go with the flow’ and enjoy yourself in Florida! I would NOT have been amused with a fire alarm – that happened to us one time when I was much younger except it was around 1 in the morning.

Hahah smelly food :)

Michal Mymo June 22, 2009 at 11:09 am

Sounds like you has an amazing time in Flordia you lucky duck! Glad to hear that you made it home safley. ( :

Michal (lilearthmuffin)

Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) June 22, 2009 at 11:10 am

Hahah glad Florida was good to you…the foggy lense is a true tribute to our weather.

Next time you are around we will HAVE to get together…maybe head up to Yogani for a class? Or maybe I will teach you??? How fun would THAT be!

Glad you had a great time H, wish I could have gone to lunch with you guys the other day…I guess that just means we will have to meet in the future =)

Much love,
Court

janetha June 22, 2009 at 11:18 am

glad you had a fun trip! and i am sure the reunion with your pups was fantastic. ok, and maybe with CD too. but i am always more happy to see my dogs, they are always way more excited than the boy is to see me when i have been gone.

Emma June 22, 2009 at 11:35 am

I’m glad you had a great weekend with the fam, and took the time to enjoy it. :)

JB June 22, 2009 at 11:51 am

haha, CD’s random comments are so funny. my brother tells me that my food smells bad sometimes. but more often, he just tells me that it looks like bird food…even when it doesn’t. he’s a strange 15 year old boy, what else would i expect?

even after already seeing the morning picture of you yesterday, you in your pajamas eating almond butter and a banana is still the cutest/most comical thing ever. i love how you eat it straight from the jar.

once again, i’m glad you had so much fun in florida! i’m going on a mini trip in a few days (for my college orientation, yikes!) and you’ve inspired me to not worry too much about fitting in a workout. the hotel has a gym, but i know it wouldn’t KILL me to go four days without working out. and i also usually think too hard about when/what i’m going to eat. so you’ve also inspired me to not stress about that either. at least where i’m going has a huge vegan community, yay! anyway, i’ve rambled on forever now, so to wrap up this comment…thanks for making me realize that it’s good to just relax sometimes and not worry so much. :)

have a wonderful monday!

-JB

Elizabeth June 22, 2009 at 12:17 pm

I’m glad you had so much fun in Florida! That humidity is insane..yet another great reason you didnt force yourself out running! :)

Your arms are amazing! I love that picture eating your banana and AB.

Emily June 22, 2009 at 12:47 pm

Yay welcome home! Glad you made it back safely, and I’m sure CD and the pups were so excited to see you. I’m glad you had a great time on your trip and got to spend so much time with your family and that exercising didn’t cause you any time away from them. Love that attitude. :-)

Erin June 22, 2009 at 12:53 pm

What a lovely sounding weekend. I could eat seafood everyday too. I’m so proud that you were happy with your workouts and spent time with your family. Sooo important!
I absolutely love that fire alarm picture. I’ve been through plenty of those!

Alison June 22, 2009 at 12:53 pm

Ugh…late night fire alarm. Could be worse though. The fire alarm at my apartment went off in the middle of winter a few years ago. Everyone huddled in the lobby.

Aunt Gail June 22, 2009 at 1:15 pm

Hey Heather-Isn’t Frenchie’s on the beach at Clearwater just THE BEST-Love that grouper. Pix were great, glad you had fun

Jenny June 22, 2009 at 1:17 pm

the difference between you and your mothers face in that first picture is priceless! She was obviously not feeling the fire alarm sitch while you on the other hand were loving it.. too funny!

polly June 22, 2009 at 2:09 pm

hi Heabs!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Welcome home, sweetie! I loved your florida recap and LOVED our chat the other day! I just love ya, sweet friend. I tell Dan how thankful I am for you all the time. :D

We’re at the beach! We don’t do a LOT of the beach, mostly walks in the AM and oh those walks are yummy. yoga.. holy moly, more later on THAT. I was reminded of you yesterday at the workshop! (see blog)

hugs my friend! Back to hubs and soon off to dinner!! Crab cakes await!! XOXO

amy *veganissexy June 22, 2009 at 3:33 pm

Welcome home! I just have to say you are probably the prettiest gal first thing in the morning. I want your bedhead everyday! Super jealous :) haha. Anyhooo….glad you made it home safely and enjoyed your florida vacay. Looks like a blast!

traveleatlove June 22, 2009 at 3:45 pm

I love the pink in your hair in that pic! And isn’t it such a relief to be able to let go and enjoy without obsessing about a workout? Nice job, I am glad you enjoyed the weekend.

peaceandpeanutbutter June 22, 2009 at 4:07 pm

Heather,

I’m SO glad that you were able to enjoy your time with you family, and not stress over workouts. This is such a big step, and I’m sure a FREEING one!

Glad your back home safe with CD and the PUPS!!

Holly June 22, 2009 at 4:24 pm

You are such a good sport not to get all pissy during the fire alarm…fire alarms make me mad! I think it’s because one of the offices where I used to work had a faulty one RIGHT by my desk….and it would go off 3 or 4 times a day.

I’m so glad you enjoyed your trip! I love what you said, too. I think about all the trips where I’ve sacrificed HOURS with friends and family just to fit in runs. I’d rather have the memory of time with my loved ones than gettin’ my sweat on. :-)

psychoj1 June 22, 2009 at 7:23 pm

Even after a fun trip it’s nice to be home. Glad you made it home safely and love your breakfast and such a healthy mindset :)
<3 jess

Gena (Choosing Raw) June 22, 2009 at 7:57 pm

How on earth do you manage to look so damn cute first thing in the AM??

Love the photos of you and Mom :)

Brother Minor June 22, 2009 at 9:03 pm

Mom’s face after the fire alarm, hilarious.

joelygolightly June 22, 2009 at 9:20 pm

I did not know that humidity did that to cameras! Glad I live in the desert haha we don’t have that problem… That fire alarm story reminds me of college. They used to do these annoying fire drills randomly in the middle of the night… and of course some were planned but some prankster freshmen.. :)

Erin June 22, 2009 at 10:09 pm

Awwh Heather! Your trip sounded so fun. I’m glad you were able to let up and enjoy your fam. So worth it :)

Adi (oatonomy.com) June 23, 2009 at 5:04 am

Hey heather! Sounds like your trip was a good one – and sounds like you had some really good balance between spending time with your family and having a healthy view of fitness and food the whole time. You are definitely inspiring! I dedicate this morning’s bowl of oat bran to you! ;)

Katrina (gluten free gidget) June 23, 2009 at 6:44 am

Welcome home! PS- I just started fermenting some oats this morning!!!

Angela June 23, 2009 at 7:52 am

haha you and your mom are too cute!

Fish for brunch…I LOVE my fish but not sure if even I could stomach that! lol

healthy ashley June 23, 2009 at 8:51 am

Glad you got home safely! I wish I could’ve seen you while you were in town!!

CaSaundra June 28, 2009 at 5:57 pm

Frenchy’s Cafe rocks! I go to Clearwater and Clearwater Beach every year–love the area :-)