Happy Birthday Einstein

by HEAB on July 5, 2009

Hope everyone had a great 4th!  CD and I have had a busy weekend, but I wanted to check-in with all you before the week begins.  Yesterday we watched Day 1 of the Tour de France – my favorite sporting event of the year…I totally have a crush on Bob Roll.  Sorry CD, but it’s true. Then, right when we left for our 4th of July cookout, a huge rain storm hit.  So, no fireworks for us. :(

Today, I met up with the girls for a 90 minute yoga class focusing on backbends. Hello Camel Pose x’s 3…it was intense.

Me & my fellow yoginis.

Me & my fellow yoginis...haircut, next week. Promise!

Afterwards, we hit up one of my favorite places for lunch, Calypso Cafe. I had the tuna salad with Martinique Callaloo (Caribbean mustard greens), and tortilla chips:

Mmm...chips.

Mmm...chips.

For dinner, I made spiralized zucchini pasta massaged with avocado, basil, garlic, and salt served over a bed of spinach and mushrooms:

Raw creamy pesto pasta.

Raw creamy pesto pasta.

Today, our eldest pup turned 2.

Einstein as a puppy.

Einstein as a puppy.

To celebrate, I made VeggieGirl’s Blondies with peanut butter and carob chips and served them alongside raw banana ice-creamGena, it did change my life. :)

A dessert the whole family can enjoy, dogs included.

A CD and dog friendly dessert. :)

Me & The Birthday Boy

Me & The Birthday Boy

I skipped the blondies and went straight for the raw almond butter jar:

Banana soft serve with raw almond butter.  Happy Birthday to Me!!!!

Banana soft serve with raw almond butter. Happy Birthday to Me!!!!

Thank you to everyone for your HEAB questions.  I’m hoping to do a Q & A post later this week, and so keep ‘em coming.

Again, I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, and before I go, a big shout out to the most beautiful 13 year old out there…HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABBI!!!! :)

Mara @ What's For Dinner? July 5, 2009 at 8:09 pm

Happy Birthday Einstein! I wish I knew when our dog’s birthday is… but she’s a rescue and no one really knows! I had every intent on making the banana soft serve tonight, but alas, baking coconut flour cookies took precedent. They actually looked a lot like maple nut oaties before I smooshed them down!
Have a wonderful week, dear Heather! AND I love the long flowy hair :)

Kathy July 5, 2009 at 8:12 pm

Oh my goodness, that raw ice cream looks absolutely scrumptious! I just found your blog through VeggieGirl’s- can’t wait to start reading it on a daily basis!

VeggieGirl July 5, 2009 at 8:12 pm

The pooch-friendly blondies served with Gena’s genius soft-serve = PHENOMENAL birthday treat for dear Einstein!!!

gina (fitnessista) July 5, 2009 at 8:45 pm

blondies, raw banana ice cream and almond butter???? oh my stars :D guess i’ll be baking and blending tomorrow!
looks like such a fun weekend! happy birthday to einstein
have a great night <3

Amy July 5, 2009 at 8:54 pm

You have the best hair! It just makes me smile. So beachy and natural. You’re the best heabzy! <3

glidingcalm July 5, 2009 at 9:09 pm

Your pup is adorable!!!!

I love your hair!!!

That almond butta plus banana ice cream is making my mouth WATER!!

I need to try that raw dinner asap!! Wish I had a spiralizer. Or a plane to the HEAB house!! :)

love you HEATHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR; happy Monday!!!!!!!!!!

janetha July 5, 2009 at 9:20 pm

AWE i love the baby einstein photo! happy birthday to him :D we celebrated our basset’s 4th birthday today TOO! hooray for dog birthdays!!!

JB July 5, 2009 at 9:23 pm

i would much rather have that raw banana ice cream with almond butter too! that sounds delicious. although…the blondies sound pretty amazing too. but who needs ‘em when you’ve got AB?! (all three together is too insane to even think about!)

and AHHHH, einstein is TOO cute! HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY, BOY!

-JB

joelygolightly July 5, 2009 at 9:33 pm

Yay for the Tour de France– I’m a Lance fan, though, all the way. ;-) I am loving all of your foodie recommendations on here- I loved the oatbran, and now looks like I’ll be trying some raw banana ice cream bc that just looks to delish to pass up! Hope you had a good 4th!

fartygirl July 5, 2009 at 10:26 pm

I’m w. Amy. You don’t need a haircut, girlie. You look like a princess! :)

Sweet and Fit July 5, 2009 at 10:28 pm

Happy Birthday Einstein!

I love the raw creamy pesto dinner – I realllly ned a spiralizer!

Sarah July 5, 2009 at 10:54 pm

Your yoga friends are so lovely!!! It must be contagious.

Is it rather sad that your pupster’s birthday cake is likely going to be better than my Chris’s?

Maria July 5, 2009 at 10:58 pm

Oh my goodness, Einstein was the cutest puppy! Aaah, look at those eyes! Hehe, love that you made him a birthday “cake”. The zucchini pasta looks great as usualy and that tuna+greens+chips dish looks delectable as well. Glad to hear you had such a great time, Heather :D

WholeBodyLove July 6, 2009 at 12:10 am

I love the birthday treats! I made a variation of veggie girls blondies today using apple butter and white choc. chips. But, I think I am going to try the variation you posted for my office cookout this week!

Lara (Thinspired) July 6, 2009 at 2:21 am

Happy Birthday, Einstein! You are so cute to do a whole little celebration for him. That is one lucky dog to have you two :) I’m not a huge dog person, but I just read “The Art of Racing in the Rain,” which is written entirely from a dog’s perspective, and it really endeared me to them more. I think you might like it.

I can’t wait to try the banana soft serve!

I know this is a very general question, and maybe someone has asked it already, but if you had to give one universal trip or maintaining weight loss (and not losing your mind), what would that be?

Diana (Soap & Chocolate) July 6, 2009 at 5:08 am

OOOOOH my god the puppy picture just about slayed me. What a cutie! And how considerate of you to make a dessert for him too – not that you enjoyed it at all yourself. ;)

Dori July 6, 2009 at 5:15 am

Happy birthday to the adorable pup! Jealous of those blondies he got!

Elizabeth July 6, 2009 at 5:18 am

What an adorab;e pup!

And a beautiful dinner! I need a spiralizer (or whatever the tool needed is called) ;) because that looks sooooooooooo good!

Erin July 6, 2009 at 5:52 am

Einstein is an adorable pup and dessert looks soooo delicious!
As does dinner and lunch. You’re killing me with all those creamy looking bowls!

livingfreeforever July 6, 2009 at 5:58 am

I have got to have some of that banana ice cream! Happy birthday to your dog:)

I am LOVING your raw zucchini salad! I could eat it everyday. I have had to make it several hours ahead so that I can pack to go places. After ‘marinating’, it is super creamy and yummy!!!!! I don’t have a spiralizer. I’m on the hunt for one though.

Shelby July 6, 2009 at 6:01 am

Lunch and dinner both look phenomenal! But that dessert for Einstein…delectable! What a lucky pup =)

leslie July 6, 2009 at 6:04 am

banana ice cream and almond butter? heavennnn. i had carrots and almond butter for dessert last night – at first i thought, this isn’t dessert, what am i doing? and then i realized it tastes delicious, so who really cares! thanks for the inspiration. :)

Hayley July 6, 2009 at 6:46 am

Happy Birthday Einstein!! What a cute puppy..he is adorable. I have to try thst banana soft serve – it looks so darn good! Is the zucchini pasta similar to Gena’s?

justine July 6, 2009 at 7:04 am

Love the pic of the yoga girls. You guys look so pretty! Mmmmm that raw salad you made look marvelous. Recipe my way please. I am checking my in box soon. haha! Cute little Eisenstein, happy birthday to him. Is that the little sucker that lifted up my dress? Your dessert looks great to. Yummy. I had chips this weekend. Way to many!! We need to get together this week if you are available. Let me know.

~Justine

ksgoodeats July 6, 2009 at 7:08 am

Happy Birthday to your fur baby :) It looks like she’s thoroughly enjoying her dessert! Yours sounds pretty good as well!!

Sorry the rain canceled the fireworks! That’s a bummer. Hope you had a great holiday weekend!

Gena (Choosing Raw) July 6, 2009 at 7:22 am

Glad it changed your life, Heaths. That is quite a promise I’ve been making my bloggers, but I like to think it delivers ;-)

Happy bday Einstein!!!

Susan July 6, 2009 at 7:27 am

That’s such a cute picture of you and the yoga gals! And I love that you feed Einstein “people food” :)

Hanna M. July 6, 2009 at 7:45 am

Happy birthday, Einstein! :) :) I. Want. Banana. Soft-serve. Now. !

Ps. I’ve read about raw mushrooms (champignons) being carcinogenic (increasing risk of cancer because of certain substances), and they are often pictured on your plate…… Just a little worried bout my favorite blogger! :( The bad stuff seems to go away when shrooms are cooked, though :)

Hanna M. July 6, 2009 at 7:47 am

(Hope you don’t think I’m too interfering when I say that…!)

CaSaundra July 6, 2009 at 7:51 am

I love doggy birthdays! Well any reason to celebrate is a hit in my book =) Super cute dogs btw!

katherine July 6, 2009 at 7:56 am

Happy Birthday to Einstein! Looks like you pulled out all the stops for the birthday boy :)

brandi July 6, 2009 at 8:00 am

i’m trying that ice cream soon. i have bananas that are BEGGING to be frozen :)

i’m glad you had a good weekend!

Rose July 6, 2009 at 8:10 am

Happy Birthday, Einstein :) He’s a cutie.

Katharina July 6, 2009 at 8:21 am

Happy birthday Einstein!!! He’s so adorable :D

Andrea@WellnessNotes July 6, 2009 at 8:28 am

Happy Birthday, Einstein! You are soooo cute!

We absolutely love banana soft serve (but I only have a mini food processor, so it’s very noisy and a bit time-consuming to make a lot); since I only make a little at a time, everyone has to usually compete with the toddler as he eats his soooo quickly and then tries to insist on eating mine and Daddy’s and the teenager’s… :)

Whit July 6, 2009 at 8:30 am

Happy birthday to one cute little doggie! Blondies and banana soft serve…he must be well loved!

carolinebee July 6, 2009 at 8:41 am

love the puppy bday! I love labs sooooo much!

Mandy A July 6, 2009 at 8:57 am

Looks like fighting the Sunday crowd at Whole Foods was worth it! :)
Einstein is one lucky pup!! :) I want some blondies!!!

JR and I tried the banana soft serve last week… YUM!!!! Love it!

Love the picture of us at Yoga! It came out really well! Talk about one challenging class for me. I didn’t think I’d make it through the camel poses! Yowza!

Danielle C. July 6, 2009 at 9:18 am

Awww Happy Birthday Einstein!!! Those blondies sound amazing…

psychoj1 July 6, 2009 at 9:48 am

Yay for yoga! Cute picture of you three :)

That raw ice cream sounds delicious.
<3 jess
xoxo

Kasondra July 6, 2009 at 10:13 am

Happpy birthday Einstein! I love reading your blog. I just started a new version of my blog that never really took off. I’m very excited to join the blogging community. Your blog has been one that i have found quite motivating on my road towards improved health and wholeness. I was recently laid off from my job as an Occuaptional Therapist. I feel this was a blessing is disguise to do what really makes my heart sing. I’m on vacation in San Fran teaching a Prenatal Yoga certification at my aunt’s yoga school. I feel as though i am becoming more and more whole as the days pass and i’m having more time for myself doing what my body and mind really find helpful. Thank you very much for your inspiration : ) i hope we can become friends in the blogging community!!

Beth @ CrossBorderCravings July 6, 2009 at 10:21 am

I tried to make that banana ice cream this weekend and it was a big flop!! I didn’t let the banana freeze long enough and it came out more like banana soup – bummer! Yours looks amazing!! Happy bday to Einstein!

Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now July 6, 2009 at 10:33 am

Such a cute dog!!!

Jenna July 6, 2009 at 11:30 am

Your puppy is adorable! And that ice cream with AB looks ridiculous! ( in a totally good way of course…yum)

This is my first time commenting but I’ve been reading your blog for a few months and love it! I’ve also started doing more yoga a going deeper into my yoga practice, although I still run a few days a week. I look/feel tons better already! I’ve also been limiting my sugar intake and upping my healthy fats and feel awesome. I think we have a lot in common on what works for our body and what doesn’t.

Here is my question for your HEAB Q and A: I look and feel best when I eat 3 meals and 2 or 3 snacks a day. For my meals and night snack I stick with oat bran, sweet potatoes, nut butter, beans, green monsters, and avocado amd feel great. But ever since i’ve been limiting my sugar intake, I’m at a loss what to eat for snacks. I’ve gotten so used to throwing am apple or larabar into my purse for a quick on the go option that I’m at a loss on what to replace those with. I would like to keep my snacks unprocessed ( like the rest of my diet) and a spoonful of nut butter is getting old when I already put it in the 2 bowls of oat bran I eat a day and in my smoothies. Any suggestions?

polly July 6, 2009 at 12:21 pm

oooh birthday pup!! XOXO

Thanks, sweetness for the birthday shout out for abbers. She is in ohio at the moment having fun with Grandma for a few days. She loves it there and her grandparents adore her. They have so much fun, and they live out in the country so it’s just creek walking, playing little House on the prairie, baking pies, and just being a kid. LOVE IT!

Love you to bits. Praying for you always, sweet friend. Had a wonderful chat today with a dear friend. (Abbi’s 6th grade teacher who I just love!!) and she and talked about beauty and how to instill that in our girls. How GOD is beauty and it has nothing to do with what he DOES or can accomplish…. but in who he IS. So sweet to think about.

Balance… working on it. Love you, off to visit another friend before she heads to the Dominican on a mission trip! I tell ya, Jesus had blessed my life with incredible friendships! So sweet and encouraging and add richness and depth to life, no? yes. You are a piece of that rich pie, my sweet Heabs. Have a wonderful, beautiful week. Keeping it simple over here. Less blogging and more living. ;) Don’t you just adore your readers? I do!! I love the comments more than the blogs! ha. ;)

See you soon… when shall we meet in Fishers?????? :D

RunToFinish July 6, 2009 at 12:24 pm

awww what a sweetie!! We started looking at new kitties yesterday, but none of them are my little frisco. gosh all the questions look great, i can’t wait for your answers

Kelli July 6, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Will you post the zucchinni pasta in your recipe list? When I make things the first time I like measurements. I just ordered a saladacco today in anticipation of zucchinni season.

Heather (be well & take care) July 6, 2009 at 5:05 pm

Aw, happy birthday Einstein! Your dogs have the cutest names. I want a dog so bad!!!

missyrayn July 6, 2009 at 9:22 pm

Your food and creativity always inspires me. Now I just need to get off my butt and make some of your interesting creations.

I actually just bought my first Chia Seeds after reading about them so much on your blog. What is your favorite way to use them?

ttfn300 July 7, 2009 at 7:08 am

great eats and einstein is ADORABLE :) love him, let me know if you need a dog sitter!!

Melissa S. July 8, 2009 at 11:14 am

happy birthday einstein! you have a great mommy to celebrate with!

and i totally want those brownies and soft serve!

courtney January 14, 2010 at 11:55 pm

I’m so excited to learn that Einstein and I share a birthday! Good boy!!