Apparently, everything but my ice-cream.
CD was kind enough let me share with you a day in the life of CD from The Uniblogger Cabin.
All of these eats are from yesterday (Sunday). The day began at 6 AM with a little work, some online reading/emailing, and a bowl of oatmeal. CD works in finance, and is able to do his job from here as long as we have an Internet connection.
After breakfast digested, CD hit the hilly country roads for a 14 mile workout (2 mile warm-up and cool down, 12 miles at a 6:30 pace at 8,000 ft. altitude in very windy conditions I might add) and then came home to a well-deserved breakfast #2:
Several hours later, it was time for lunch:
This monster of a veggie plate contained:
- 1 Head chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 Chopped carrots
- Sugar Snap Peas
- 1/4 Large chopped cucumber
- Handful grape tomatoes
- 1 Tin of smoked oytsers
- Topped with Parm and CD’s new favorite salad dressing (Sabra original hummus diluted with water)
We then ate dinner around 7 PM. The kitchen here is relatively small, but we both managed to prepare our own dinners together. Love cooking in the kitchen with my hubby! CD chopped 2 onions, 2 carrots, and two 8 ounce containers of mushrooms.
He then cooked his skillet full of veggies with 1/4 lb lean ground beef and topped it off with some sunflower seed butter Marinutta Sauce and…more Parm.
In case you’re wondering, I had a salad:
My dinner consisted of:
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- Several handfuls of raw spinach massaged with 1/2 avocado, lemon juice and stevia
- Grape tomatoes
- Chopped cucumber
- Raw corn
- Blue tortilla chips
- Roasted broccoli
Since I refused to share my dessert (Hehe…sorry!), Chris decided on a late night smoothie instead:
Into the blender went water, frozen strawberries, 1/2 frozen banana, and 1 scoop NOW vanilla whey protein powder.
That’s it – another day in the life of CD. In writing this post, I have come to several conclusions which leads us to…
Heather’s random comment(s) of the day:
- Without a Costco close by, CD and I have spent way too much money on produce here in Colorado. Seriously, EVERYONE that eats vegetables should belong to Costco! Well, even non-veggie eaters should join…what are you waiting for?
- I think CD might like Parmesan cheese even more than Maggie.
- It is not fair that my husband can consume this much food on a regular basis and weigh the same as me. OK, OK, so he weighs less than me. Love you anyway CD.