I Am Grateful For…

by HEAB on September 2, 2009

CD coming home after doing the Costco shopping and making me close my eyes before presenting me with my surprise

Costco now carries organic quinoa in bulk, and I've been reunited with my Maranatha almond butter.  Love you CD!

Costco now carries organic quinoa in bulk, and I've been reunited with my Maranatha almond butter...all 26 ounces of it. Love you CD.

My new SPIbelt that I won from MarathonVal….

Thanks Val.  It's perfect for my long hikes.

Thanks Val. It's perfect for my long hikes.

The sweetest card ever from Miss Gliding Calm. Β Love that girl.

Nothing like a little real mail...it's becoming a lost art.

Nothing like a little real mail...it's becoming a lost art.

The most amazing package of nut butters from Deb, aka Smoothie Girl.

PB2, Homemade almond and peanut butters, and homemade energy bars.  Deb, I have no words to convey my excitement when I opened this box. :)

PB2, homemade almond and peanut butters, and homemade energy bars. Deb, I have no words to convey my excitement when I opened this box. πŸ™‚

Green oats topped with Deb’s CAB (chocolate almond butter) and cardamom peanut butter…

Again...no words.  Just a big smile.

Again...no words. Just a big smile.

Roasted veggies topped with Marissa’s Parm

You guys have to try this Parm!

You guys have to try this Parm!

Last, but not least…my first batch of post-Colorado oatgurt is finally done.

Topped with a little PB. Oatgurt, I missed you!

Topped with a little PB. So good!

CD’s Random Comment of the Day...

Geez. Β Quinoa is expensive!

That’s my boy. πŸ˜‰

Meghan (Making Love In The Kitchen) September 9, 2009 at 7:27 am

My boyfriend’s parents pick me up my supply of AB from Costco. Had to ask them to stop. Fruit might give you the old muffin top but too much almond butter just gives me Big Bottom syndrome.

Cyndi September 3, 2009 at 7:54 pm

I am with you on the sugar! I have to avoid it too. I have described my issue to friends who don’t understand like this – as alcohol is to the alcoholic, sugar is to me – start don’t stop, til I am on overload, not feeling good and can’t get off the cycle – easiest for me to avoid. It is just not worth the problems.

glidingcalm September 3, 2009 at 6:28 pm

cardamom PB?! dang yo! i gotta try that!!!!!!!1

You are more than welcome for the snail mail!! Your blog has brought joy to my life!!!!!! πŸ™‚

broccolihut September 2, 2009 at 9:54 pm

Whoa–cardamom PB? How did I miss this? Sounds delish!

jacobc September 2, 2009 at 8:30 pm

Isn’t being back in “society” great! I’d be lost without the big box grocery stores to!
I got some awesome produce today from one of those “pick-up truck on side of the road farmers” today near the zoo, jackpot!
Then went to the gas station and found a $50 bill floating across the parking lot!!! Double jackpot!! So i’m happy as a carp in a septic tank now! I think that is the most money i have ever found at one time.
My dad found 3 hundreds folded up together once.. jealous..

A couple hours ago i saw some juic.. umm, turkeys trotting across my yard.. I’m debating.. πŸ˜‰

Katharina September 2, 2009 at 7:36 pm

Wowee! So many wonderful things going on in this post. I love snailmail. I just sent a neat letter in the mail the other day actually. As for your toppings for your greenoats – they sound and look interesting (in a totally good way). What great packages and finds.

Shannon September 2, 2009 at 5:14 pm

i have not seen such things in my costco. maybe i should look harder πŸ™‚ usually i just spend too much time in the produce section (considering i am just feeding one!)

package love πŸ™‚

The Healthy Hostess September 2, 2009 at 5:06 pm

What a great post! I have the HUGE bag of quinoa from Costco too! It is wonderful! Love the AB too! Yay Costco!

Stacey September 2, 2009 at 4:30 pm

Could you give the details on making the green oats? Looks so delicious with the nut butters…

FoodCents September 2, 2009 at 3:31 pm

Forgot to ask if the oats tasted better in the fresh CO air, or the comfort of home?

foodcents September 2, 2009 at 3:29 pm

What a ton of goodness you have there, Heather!! Super sweet!!!

Jenny September 2, 2009 at 2:33 pm

chiquita you have hit the nut butter motherload! that is def. worth thanking your lucky stars for πŸ™‚

Alison September 2, 2009 at 1:46 pm

Oooh…Costco and almond butter. Is the price good? Cheaper than at TJs?

Steph September 2, 2009 at 1:32 pm

a wonderful guy, good food, and jars of nut butter. all very good things to be thankful for indeed.

lessonstolearn September 2, 2009 at 1:28 pm

Looks like you have restocked the shelves! That’s the hard thing about vacations…you come home and are tired, so you don’t want to go to the store…but the cupboards are bare! Not anymore!

jenngirl September 2, 2009 at 12:16 pm

Glad you’re going to be enjoying some goodies!! And is that PINK nut butter??? Yum πŸ˜‰

fitforfree September 2, 2009 at 12:00 pm

That sunflower seed butter is my absolute favorite!! Totally addictive.

Cardamom + PB = brilliant combo. I might have to try my hand at a chai-spiced nut butter now πŸ™‚

fitforfree September 2, 2009 at 12:00 pm

That sunflower seed butter is my absolute favorite!! Totally addictive.

Cardamom + PB = brilliant combo. I might have to try my hand at an chai-spiced nut butter now πŸ™‚

Diana (Soap & Chocolate) September 2, 2009 at 11:59 am

Aw, you are all sorts of spoiled! And rightly so. πŸ™‚ Just checked out the “parm” recipe and it DOES sound FAAAABULOUS. Must try.

Pam September 2, 2009 at 10:52 am

Sounds like you had a great day! Lots of new goodies!

Pearl September 2, 2009 at 10:49 am

hurray for costco and for cd!

Deb September 2, 2009 at 10:48 am

PS. How funny- in the photo, the CAB looks positively pink!! Next thought: ADD SPRINKLES!! YESSSS!

Deb September 2, 2009 at 10:47 am

So glad you liked the crack-package with the CABs Heabers. Curious how long it lasts between the two of your almond-butter-lovers!

Spy Belt- oh no! Not another gadget for me to fall in love with!? What is that gizmo!?

CostCo..No No! I am kiboshed from CostCo or else I’d have no money and an overflowing pantry and fridge for just two people! Oh wait! I STILL have an overflowing pantry and fridge πŸ˜€

Have a great day!

Deb

Marcia September 2, 2009 at 10:42 am

It kind of bums me out that our Costco doesn’t have almond butter or quinoa. I pretty much just get that stuff at Trader Joe’s.

Angharad (Eating for England) September 2, 2009 at 10:07 am

All really good things to be grateful for! There’s nothing like some real mail is there?! It’s one of my favorite things ever. Getting a letter from my Dad occasionally makes my heart happy.
So does Almond Butter. Just read your “sweet tooth” post too and I know what you mean! I have a crazy sweet tooth also and pretty much always eat something sweet post-dinner even if it’s just a cup of tea with sugar. Huh. I don’t know if I’m ready to break the habit yet though! Love to hear more on your efforts!

ksgoodeats September 2, 2009 at 10:01 am

So many goodies in the mail!! That kind of mail is the best πŸ™‚

Glad you’ve got your oatgurt!

Marissa September 2, 2009 at 10:01 am

1.I am sitting at my computer right now (obviously) eating roasted squash, tomatoes, mushrooms, and shallots….scrambled with 2 eggs, and covered in my parm. Certified addict…as I will have almost the same thing for dinner (lots of leftover squash).

2.I want that Spibelt! the fanny pack is just not going to do the job, and I am sick of stuffing my phone, keys, and ipod into my sports bra! πŸ˜€

3. Thank you for reminding me that I need to renew my Costco Membership.

4. I found a 100% cocao BAR. Single source chocolate, amazing…just…there are really no words. Let me know when it cools way down and the bar won’t melt during shipping and you will have goodies.

5. I did some yoga is yummy…my goodness, 10 minutes of the yoga for triathletes and I AM SORE. A good sore! Hurray!!!

Maria September 2, 2009 at 9:33 am

Whoa, you are one lucky girl (although you very much deserve it!)! Those are some awesome goods you get to play with πŸ™‚

buffmuffy September 2, 2009 at 9:30 am

aw how sweet of CD πŸ™‚
the bfast looks yummy πŸ˜€
-muffy

Lisa September 2, 2009 at 9:16 am

Hi! I’ve been reading your blog for forever, but I’ve never commented. I just wanted to say that I love the way you eat and exercise and I’ve been inspired by you to cut back on sugar (even fruit!) and eat more fats, especially in the form of nut butter. I’ve always known the importance of it, but now I feel so much better, as I’ve been doing it for a long time. So I have to say that I’m jealous of your box of nut butters!

Fallon September 2, 2009 at 9:15 am

Wow check out that huge bag of Quinoa! I was actually going to Costco today to pick up that huge jar of almond butter. Now I have to buy something else as well. πŸ˜‰

Emily September 2, 2009 at 9:04 am

What a sweet homecoming!

And I still have to give the oatgurt a try. I will! πŸ™‚

Justine September 2, 2009 at 8:41 am

Who loves Heabs??? Geezzz look at all those goodies you got!! What the heck is an SPIbelt??? Going to look now…

~Justine

ered September 2, 2009 at 8:25 am

Oh my gosh I don’t think I’ve ever commented before but when I saw that scraggly looking piece of plant matter I had to echo my agreement! My big plastic container of greens always has those in it too (different company though) and I always have to prune the salad before I can serve it! Thanks for the morning laugh!

fartygirl September 2, 2009 at 8:24 am

CARDAMOM PEANUT BUTTER????????????

EFFIN’ BRILLIANT.

Susan September 2, 2009 at 8:13 am

Cardamom peanut butter?

I just died and went to heaven.

Evan Thomas September 2, 2009 at 8:07 am

26 ounce jars? that’s awesome! i need to check out my local bulk stores to find that

brandi September 2, 2009 at 7:59 am

chocolate ab?!?

AND your costco has that huge jar of maranatha? I looked at the one near Nick’s parents last time and nothin’! I’m making sure to look every time we got visit them now. I’m all out of almond butter and it makes me sad.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) September 2, 2009 at 7:49 am

I have just been turned onto Sunflower seed butter, that very jar brand of it (TJ’s) that Deb sent you…ahhh, I’ve been partaking big time around midnite every nite! That stuff rocks. Need to try the PB2, as well. Deb and I have been chattin’ bout nut buttahs on her bloggie and it’s been awesome, what a great care package!!! And your eats look phenom. Quinoa has never been my deal…glad you are enjoying it and making me actually feel like oh, ok, maybe I would like it. Not that I dont like it, just that is’s kinda meh. Kinda one of those would rather save calories for somethin’ else foods πŸ™‚

MelissaNibbles September 2, 2009 at 7:41 am

I’m jealous!

N.D. September 2, 2009 at 7:40 am

MMM I want that PB package.. yum!!! : )

Claire September 2, 2009 at 7:36 am

It is fun to come home from a trip to cool mail!!Usually,I just come home to bills.hehe…

Ellen (Peace in Motion) September 2, 2009 at 7:34 am

so much nut butter! enjoy it homegirl

missyrayn September 2, 2009 at 7:29 am

Real mail is such a lost art form. I have a huge file folder of cards that I like to send to my friends “just because.” Somedays its just nice to get mail that isn’t a bill or junk.

Glad you got all your goodies. They look wonderful.

veganfritz September 2, 2009 at 7:27 am

I got one of those ginormous quinoas from Costco for college, 4 lbs of grainy goodness. & the parm is most certainly tasty, mmmm.

Jess September 2, 2009 at 7:23 am

I’m going to have to go back to costco for the nut butter! Ours ran out of the maranantha and replaced it with something not so good!

Anne September 2, 2009 at 7:14 am

Hi
Any suggestions for a smoothie that has no fruit? I eat fruit in the morning and at night and would like a smoothie with brown rice protein at lunch, but not the fruit. I do not want to make it too weird though because I have a sensitive stomach. Something healthy and neutral?

Love the blog!

Metta September 2, 2009 at 7:04 am

Yummy food gifts!

Love CD’s comment, he always reminds me of my brother in-law (who is an accountant).

Holly September 2, 2009 at 6:56 am

Wow! Look at all those goodies!! I keep telling my sister I want to go with her to Costco…but I still haven’t made it. Maybe it’s a good thing, as I’m fairly certain I could spend 2-3 hours just in the food section.

gina (fitnessista) September 2, 2009 at 6:45 am

he knows you well πŸ˜€
26 ounces?!? AMAZING! maybe that would last me longer than a week?? πŸ˜‰
have a wonderful day!

Jenn (eating bender) September 2, 2009 at 6:26 am

Aw Heather, this post was so refreshing on this Wednesday morning. CD is definitely a sweetheart – and it’s good to know that they have quinoa in bulk at Costco now…woohoo!

Miss GC is the sweetest with her snail mail cards. I totally agree that it’s becoming a lost art – email is just not the same (although I love getting emails, lol).

Gotta love oatgurt and blogger packages. Have a fabulous day, Miss Heather!!

Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) September 2, 2009 at 6:25 am

What a sweet man! It’s official…I’m switching to Costco. I don’t give a crap what the husband says. Haha πŸ˜‰

Shelby September 2, 2009 at 6:19 am

LUCKY!!!

JENNA September 2, 2009 at 6:12 am

after reading how much you love MarthaNana AB I had to give it a try! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarathonVal September 2, 2009 at 5:55 am

I’m so glad you like the SpiBelt Heather! Enjoy it! πŸ™‚

And I’m so jealous you can buy PB2 at the stores I have to order mine online which is obviously a pain…. don’t you wish they carried almond butter too? That would be awesome.

Have a wonderful day!

Erin September 2, 2009 at 5:45 am

Gorgeous stuff! The best part of coming home is getting back to thsoe comforts. Enjoy!!

Erica September 2, 2009 at 5:45 am

Very sweet of CD πŸ™‚ Food gifts make me happy!! Look at all those nut butters=hoooray!

justrun September 2, 2009 at 5:39 am

settle *IN, that is. (Sheesh! It’s early!) πŸ™‚

justrun September 2, 2009 at 5:39 am

Good stuff! Looks like you’ll settle it back at home just fine! πŸ™‚

psychoj1 September 2, 2009 at 5:21 am

I’m so glad your favorite things are back in your life! Love all the pictures!
<3 jess
xoxo

livingfreeforever September 2, 2009 at 5:13 am

Quinoa IS expensive!! Unfortunately(not really:), that is the only ‘grain’ I am eating these days. I wish I could find quinoa flakes in bulk! Glad some of your favorites are back into your life now:) Have a great day!
XOXO

garbanzogirl September 2, 2009 at 5:08 am

What nice things to get in the mail! You’re lucky to have such great friends πŸ™‚

Samantha September 2, 2009 at 4:47 am

Oh such beautiful and fun things to get in the mail! Lucky gal with great friends!

Rosey Rebecca September 2, 2009 at 4:46 am

That’s a lot of nut butter. I need to build my collection. I only have small packets of almond butter and big jars of PB!