Before we left Colorado to come back home, I posted some of my thoughts/goals for my return to Nashville. You can read about them here. This morning I was thinking about them and thought I’d share an update.
- Fermented Foods – I’ve already finished off a batch of oatgurt, and our fridge is stocked with miso paste and tempeh. Check.
- Caffeine – I’ve been drinking mostly decaf. Every few days, I might add a scoop of regular to the pot, but I no longer feel addicted to it. Check.
- Macrobiotics – Haven’t done much with this to be honest. However, it still interests me.
- Oat Bran – Duh. First thing I ate after going to the grocery store. Check.
- Fish – Our freezer is stocked with wild Alaskan salmon, and I’ve been thawing out individual servings for our dinner at night. Last week, I made Faith’s Pouch Perfect Salmon. Delicious. Check.
- Seaweed - So excited about this one. I’ve been incorporating soaked arame into my dishes. So easy! For last night’s dinner, I soaked the arame for about 20 minutes, and then rinsed it before adding it to a bowl of quinoa, roasted veggies, roasted tempeh, Braggs, and oyster sauce. YUM! Check.
- Books – Totally bombed on this one. I did so much reading in Colorado, and I miss it. Definitely need to work on using my time more wisely.
- Walks – I’ve been taking walks almost everyday. Although I miss the amazing mountain views, I’m loving spending time outside moving. Check.
- Yoga – I’ve taken several classes since I came home, everything from Yin to hot Vinyasa classes. Last week, I went back to 12th South Yoga, Nashville’s local Iyengar studio for a beginner’s class. My brother scored me a free pass – thanks Scottie! The class was super basic, but I liked the focus on form. Just what I needed. Check.
Funny thing is, I hadn’t really thought much about my goals until this morning, but I actually followed through with most of them. I think all that fresh mountain air really did me some good!
Another goal I had upon my return was meeting up with some fellow local bloggers/readers. After emailing with some of you, I was thinking dinner at Calypso Cafe on Elliston Place one night soon. So, if you’re in the area, please email me if you’d like to join us.
I hope everyone has had a good week thus far…it’s almost Friday.