Let's Talk Veggie Burgers

by HEAB on September 11, 2009

Last night, CD and I went out to eat with my family at Bricktops here in Nashville. I pulled a Heather, and much to the chagrin of my fellow dining companions, I proceeded to order the Ahi Tuna Salad…but then requested that it be topped with a veggie burger rather than tuna.  The chef happily obliged.

Pickeled ginger + veggie burger...it worked.

Pickled ginger + veggie burger...why not? Notice the evil frisee trees peeking out. :)

CD and my brother kept getting the evil eye from me every time they tried to snag a bite of my burger.  The menu gives no clues as to what the ingredients are, but I’m thinking it’s some kind of brown rice/bean concoction.  I couldn’t quite figure out the seasonings/spices either, but it was perfect, absolutely perfect!

Although I do eat meat, I’m a huge fan of veggie burgers, and I’m not talking the Boca or Morningstar varieties.  I can’t do either due to the soy content.  If I’m going to purchase frozen veggie burgers at all, my patties of choice are Sunshine Burgers as they are both tasty and soy-free. Only problem is the price, and I keep praying they’ll appear in the freezer section at Costco.  Costco people, are you reading this?

Anyway, I used to also love the veggie burger at Houston’s here in Nashville and was almost in tears when the restaurant closed.  If you have a Houston’s near you, go there tonight and order their veggie burger with a side of couscous.  You will not be disappointed.  Several months ago, I tried recreating their recipe, and you can read about it here.  My burgers turned out okay but not nearly as good as the restaurant’s version.

My favorite recipe for homemade veggie burgers is from the Country Life Vegetarian Cookbook.  I have no pictures as I have not made them in ages, but I’ll share the recipe with you anyway.  So good, and they remind me of my beloved Garden Herb Sunshine Burgers…only much cheaper. :)

Sunburger Patties:
  • 2 cup grated carrots
  • 2 cups sunflower seeds
  • 1/2 onion
  • 2 TBSP water
  • 1.25 cup tomato juice
  • 1.5 tsp salt
  • 1 TBS onion powder
Clean, grate and measure carrots.  Place in bowl..  Grind sunflower seeds in blender or food processor until fine.  Add to carrots. In skillet saute onions in water until soft. Add to bowl along with remaining ingredients.  Stir together well.  Using 1/3 cup portions, place on oiled cookie sheet and form into patties.  Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.  Turn over and bake an additional 15 minutes.
These are my go to dish when we’re having several people over for dinner and 1 or 2 of them are vegetarian.  The meat-eaters ALWAYS ask for this recipe, and these burgers usually disappear before the meat dish.  They are really good served with the following sauce.
Cashew White Sauce
  • 1 cup cashews
  • 1.5 cups water
  • 2 TBSP onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1.5 tsp salt
  • 2.5 cups additional water
  • 1 TBS dried parsley

Blend first five ingredients on high 1-2 minutes until creamy.  While blender is running, pour in remaining water and blend briefly.  Pour into saucepan and add parsley.  Cook over medium-high heat stirring constantly until thickened.

How about you? Are you super disappointed when you order a veggie burger in a restaurant, and it’s nothing but a Boca pattie?  Do you have your own favorite recipe for homemade veggie burgers?  Anyone know Houston’s secret recipe?  Please share.
Exciting news – I tried a new grain this morning for breakfast.  Any guesses as to what it might be?  Be sure to check back soon for a full report and have a wonderful weekend!

brandi September 11, 2009 at 8:51 am

that veggie burger looks great! I have yet to find the Sunshine burgers, but I want to try them! I’ve only seen good reviews.

new grain, huh…wheatberries? kamut? you never know with you :)

Steph September 11, 2009 at 8:55 am

I’ve been meaning to make my own veggie burgers…thanks for reminding me!

Mara @ What's For Dinner? September 11, 2009 at 8:55 am

Thanks for the recipe!! These sound amazing! Hmm… i think your new grain is farro :)

missyrayn September 11, 2009 at 9:00 am

I like the occasional Boca flame grilled burger but not usually. I’ve had some good black bean burgers at restaurants but I’m not likely to try making them myself. I actually like chicken and turkey burgers if I’m going to have something in burger form.

I think you will try farro…I’ve not seen it on your blog but for some reason I think you’ve already tried things like wheatberries and barley.

Deb (Smoothie Girl Eats Too) September 11, 2009 at 9:01 am

Amaranth??

I must be in the minority but I LOVE Boca burgers. In fact I still lie awake crying all night because I can no longer find the enormous and tasty Boca Sausages (so good, that even HUSBANDS can’t tell it’s not real meat!)

Thanks for the recipe- you know I love me some sunflower seeds :-D

Have a great day, friend- hope you’re settle back from ALL your travels!

Deb

Erica September 11, 2009 at 9:04 am

yummmmm what a great looking dinner! I love the chickpea burgers from 101 cookbooks and I have made some awesome black bean burgers as wel. I haven’t tried a lot of the ones in the freezer section because they usually contain either soy (as you noted) or mushrooms (which I do not like!). Hope you guys have a great weekend

psychoj1 September 11, 2009 at 9:21 am

Mmm that veggie burger looks great! Awesome recipe, Heather! Thanks for the comment on my blog btw. I really appreciate it!
<3 jess
xoxo

Fallon September 11, 2009 at 9:25 am

Ohhhh I remember Houston’s. I ate at the one in Dallas and I ordered their veggie burger, it was too die for. Now this was a few years ago but I remember licking my plate it was so good.

Lara (Thinspired) September 11, 2009 at 9:27 am

Your homemade veggie burger sounds good. Honestly, I don’t think I have ever ordered a veggie burger in a restaurant. We have Houston’s where I used to live in OC though. When I next visit I will try one now!
Have you tried Amy’s veggie burgers at all? I don’t know about the soy content, but the Texas and CA flavors are really yummy :)

Chelsea September 11, 2009 at 9:38 am

I’ve gotten some pretty good veggie burgers at local bar/pubs here in town, which I wouldn’t have necessarily expected. I’m curious to try to make some of my own, but I have to admit to being a little suspicious that those won’t be weird.

Lara September 11, 2009 at 9:39 am

How many servings does that veggie burger recipe make?

insideiamdancing September 11, 2009 at 9:39 am

That recipe looks great! I make similar ones, using mashed beans or lentils instead of seeds, and ketchup instead of tomato juice. Restaurant veggie burgers are so hit/miss… I love the ones that are vegetables/beans rather than fake meat.

Lisa September 11, 2009 at 9:42 am

Those two recipes look delicious! I’ll have to try them sometime.

By the way, I mentioned to you that I am really trying to cut back on sugar (even from fruit) and I’ve lost like 3 pounds (real pounds) without even trying! And without much exercise. And my mood have been greatly improved! :) Thanks for encouraging us and speaking up, even if some criticism is received!

And lastly, I absolutely adore Nashville! I’ve spent about 2 weeks there earlier this year and I really love that city! I stayed in Hillsboro village and explored downtown. Fido is my favorite coffee shop, ever!

Lauren September 11, 2009 at 9:42 am

Are you using the giant bag of quinoa for breakfast? We bought that bag from CostCo awhile back and just last night I was thinking about using it for bfast. I did green oats instead for the first time after seeing them on the blogs. What?! So good! When I was in Washington and Canada I had some of the best veggie burgers. They do it right up in hippie country let me tell you. ;)

Cindy September 11, 2009 at 9:47 am

I am guessing Millet… ?? well see. :)

I totally adore the fact that you had the nerve to ask for a substitute and happy to hear they happily obliged…even more stoked you got jealousy reactions from the table!

woo hoo for you

I will say though, I would not have passed up seared ahi for the world! ( but that is just me)

and I love veggie burgers and I think I am adding your recipe to my “to try” list.

looks so tasty!

Katherine September 11, 2009 at 10:01 am

My favorite veggie burgers, hands down, are made by a local company here in Oregon: Chez Gourmet by Marie. Yum-my!

Kellie September 11, 2009 at 10:04 am

Heather, I googled HOUSTON’S RECIPE FOR VEGGIE BURGERS…. several things came up and the top one (recipezar I think) looks tasty…..

claire chiancone September 11, 2009 at 10:05 am

I’m not big on ordering veggie burgers out
I worry about soy content as well. Now, the tuna sounded YUMMY.hehe…cc

Marcia September 11, 2009 at 10:05 am

I love veggie burgers and am always looking for good recipes.

I don’t much care for the soy ones either. I like veggie burgers, not fake-meat burgers.

I really like the ones I get at Costco, in the fresh section (though you can freeze them, and I do). They are simply veggies with some sunflower seeds. I believe they are Don Lee Farms.

Delish, probably gonna have them for dinner tonight.

Marcia September 11, 2009 at 10:07 am
Maggie September 11, 2009 at 10:13 am

MM I love Houston’s veggie burgers. I’ve been to the Miami one. Really good.

New grain – buckwheat something?

Tiffany S. September 11, 2009 at 10:22 am

I was super excited to find the Sunshine burgers at our local PCC (hello from Hippie Country – lol). I LOVED them and was so glad that they don’t try to be meat AND don’t contain soy.

My homemade black bean burgers are really easy and good too if you’re in the mood for something that sorta tastes like Mexican food.I just search BBB and picked the easiest recipe.

If you think pulling a “Heather” is bad, remember the scene from When Harry Met Sally? Well, a little Google search revealed that “Sally’s specific food order requests were based on writer Nora Ephron’s own way of ordering food.” So there you go.

Have a GREAT weekend!

Morgan (lifeafterbagels) September 11, 2009 at 10:34 am

My favourite – veggie burger and sweet potatoes fries at Milestones. (Although I think Milestones is only in Canada???)

Amisha September 11, 2009 at 10:37 am

I have to admit the Amy’s California style veggie burgers are absolutely delicious, and they are soy free. The other burgers they sell have soy in them however. You should try the california style ones! I love the deep rich flavor from the mushrooms and I absolutely hate mushrooms.

Rosey Rebecca September 11, 2009 at 10:44 am

I love veggie burgers! You made me want one!

VeggieGirl September 11, 2009 at 10:45 am

Holy yum homemade Sunshine burgers!! :-D

Did you try millet?? Cant’ wait to find out!!

Lainie September 11, 2009 at 10:46 am

I love all veggie burgers – they’re just soo good. I too eat meat, but opt for the vegetarian option all the time just because I like the flavor. We don’t have houstons, but my mom eats there all the time so I’ll have to tell her to check it out.

thanks for sharing that recipe – those sound amazing!

Scott in Ohio September 11, 2009 at 10:48 am

Pulled a “Heather”…that’s awesome. The guys here at my office always say they “pulled a Jerzyk” when they order salad at a restaurant.

That recipe is just what I needed. Thank you! Take a peek at the blog this upcoming week and you’ll see what I’m referring to.

My guess on the grain is…(insert Jeopardy music)…teff.

Michelle @ Find Your Balance September 11, 2009 at 10:56 am

I’ve heard great things about Houston’s veggie burger here in Boston. The last time I was there I ordered one but they were all out. And it’s not even listed on the menu!!

Leianna September 11, 2009 at 10:59 am

That salad/veggie burger combo looks really good!
I need to learn to ask for what I want at restaurants, then Iwouldn’t be afraid to go out to eat!

Marissa September 11, 2009 at 11:07 am

Oh, now I have to try the Sunshine burger next week :-D

The quinoa burgers I made last week were AMAZING. Just a little delicate when it came to flipping. Totally worth it though. My all time favorite veggie burgers are at The Hobbit Cafe in Houston, TX. When I visit, I eat one and pretend they have no grains in them ;-)

Hobbit Cafe in case you are interested http://www.yelp.com/biz/hobbit-cafe-houston

lora September 11, 2009 at 11:08 am

i love veggie burgers at vegetarian restaurants but never order them in places that i believe them to be frozen patties from brands like Boca. This one sports bar by my house has a black bean burger. WHen I asked how they made it, the server said it was Morningstar…um I paid 8 dollars for something I could have made at home? grr.

OMG I got my Jay Robb powder yesterday! I cant wait to use it!! thanks again!

xoxo
Lo

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) September 11, 2009 at 11:08 am

New grain….maybe Teff or Buckwheat, both of those are GF. Not sure if you are a diehard GF’er or not.

Nut n seed burgers…well most of them are made with beans and my GI tract and beans don’t mesh well :) Or maybe too well. Sorry, TMI. So I havent been making many burgers but I love that not one bean was used in your recipe and that this may indeed work. I also LOVE carrots and brightly colored random flecks that POP when I see the burger on the plate (I am a really visual eater, it has to look pretty LOL).

Thanks Heather for a keeper…I will try this when the hot diggity weather cools off a bit and it’s more fall-like. “Burger” season, ya know.

xoxo
averie
p.s. great to chat w/ you yesterday :)

Jenna September 11, 2009 at 11:24 am

i love reading your blog girl!
you always have great food ideas and awesome food pics :)
jenna

Andrea September 11, 2009 at 11:26 am

What a timely post for me! I’ve been wanting to make my own veggie burgers as I have some buns in my freezer just waiting to be eaten. I’m bookmarking this right now…..

Ozlen September 11, 2009 at 11:34 am

I will try this. Dreena Burton also has some nice ones in her books and I think it is a great idea to stock up the freezer with them just as the bocas or the morningstar ones :) Only better for you, much better :) Thanks!

Alix September 11, 2009 at 11:59 am

The Houston’s veggie burger with a side of couscous is legend! I didn’t realize that they had Houston’s outside, well, Houston…but I remember getting that recommendation from a fellow veggie over 10 years ago. It’s like looking up at the night sky and realizing we’re all looking at the same moon. OK, not really. But it’s a damn good veggie burger.

ksgoodeats September 11, 2009 at 12:22 pm

That veggie burger looks awesome! I hate when I go out to eat and find out that the restaurant uses Boca burgers. Restaurants are supposed to cook real food, not pull a disc out of the freezer.

Hope you have a good weekend :)

WholeBodyLove September 11, 2009 at 12:52 pm

My guess is Buckwheat Flakes and that’s only because I bought some for the first time not too long ago. I haven’t tried them yet though. I don’t think I’ve ever been to a restaurant that served any veggie burger other than Gardenburger of Boca.

foodcents September 11, 2009 at 2:04 pm

I, too, wish Costco would carry Sunshine Burgers. Perhaps we should start a campaign? :) I prefer the falafel ones, have not tried the original and didn’t care for the herb ones.

Like another reader said, I wouldn’t order a veggie burger out, unless I knew it was homemade.

organicashley September 11, 2009 at 2:12 pm

I was going to say millet but since it was for breakfast…amaranth?

Tyler September 11, 2009 at 2:19 pm

Boca is gross…your recipe sounds much better! There is a Houston’s near my parents house, but I’ve never tried the veggie burger! I’m actually a fan of their ahi tuna salad, but I get mine with the tuna….I love love love seared tuna! Maybe next time I should “pull a Heather” and order their veggie burger on top instead ;)

RunToTheFinish September 11, 2009 at 2:33 pm

ohh I do have a Houstons and now I’m totally exctied!! Thanks for the recipe too

Erin September 11, 2009 at 2:37 pm

Oh, I’m so excited about these!
I love veggie burgers. There are so much variety in them, and I love ones based in black beans or veggies.
Sunshine burgers are my all time favorite and I can’t find them here..which is soooo sad. So, I am so excited to try your recipe. They look simple and delicoius.

Samantha September 11, 2009 at 2:44 pm

I want to try that cashew white sauce! No veggie burger I’ve ever had has looked as tempting as the one on your plate! Funny you’d post about this now. I had a Gardenburger last night and said to myself “There’s got to be a better veggie burger out there” because something in them just really puts me off. I’m having to force down the last 2 (3 before last night) in the box. But I do love veggie burgers! I haven’t had a real hamburger in probably 4 years.

Carolyn September 11, 2009 at 3:03 pm

The lazy bum in me says hummm…hello Whole Foods freezer section…. so….Which Sunshine burger flavors are your favorites (besides Garden Herb)? I went to the web site… They look cool… and NO SOY… woowoo! thanks Heabs…

PS…The guys ARE doing that marathon i told you about… So, he’s now officially in training…and i’m his feeder/training coach …..ha!…

Kelly Turner September 11, 2009 at 3:09 pm

ive just discovered how much i love ginger. i should start incorporating it into more dishes

Abby September 11, 2009 at 3:29 pm

I’m another vote for Amy’s California, as I don’t like the soy versions either. If it’s a mainstream restaurant, it usually disappoints, but there’s nothing like a real, thick homemade veggie burger bursting with real veggies on great bread from a place that gets it and does it well.

No Sunshine Burgers here…boo. (No TJs or WF. Double boo.)

stephaniescarborough September 11, 2009 at 3:43 pm

Not a big fan of the Boca burgers. I do like the vegan Gardenburgers. Also, there’s a local place here in Ft. Worth, TX called Old Neighborhood Grill that has the best black bean burger (served on a whole grain bun!). I’m curious about the Sunshine Burger–I’ve never seen those around here.

fartygirl September 11, 2009 at 3:54 pm

Great recipes! The Complete Vegan Kitchen has one for broccoli almond veggie burgers that you’d prolly love.

btw. I started Yoga this week. I love it. It’s seriously the greatest thing ever. I can see why you are so thin & strong! It’s very hard, and so far, I suck at it, but it’s too much fun to stop.

Jennica September 11, 2009 at 4:17 pm

awesome! I’m going to try making these this weekend

Gina September 11, 2009 at 4:17 pm

I made some raw veggie burgers a few weeks ago that reminded me so much of Sunshine Burgers. They need to be tweaked though :)

Julia September 11, 2009 at 5:02 pm

What an amazing salad!
Thanks for the recipe! I love veggie burgers!

Therese September 11, 2009 at 5:11 pm

I do have a Houston’s near me! They’re ceasar salad is out of control good. They use an eggless dressing with an olive oil base and its freaking fantastic! I will have to try the veggie burger next time…maybe atop the salad :)

Therese September 11, 2009 at 5:12 pm

Wow horrible typp…*their

Becky September 11, 2009 at 5:12 pm

Boca burgers are just ‘ok.’ I’d rather make my own. I like to use garbanzo beans in mine. I’ve seen the Sunshine burgers but those are a little out of my budget, espec. since you get only like 4. Your cashew white sauce sounds yummy.

I bet you tried amaranth. It’s yummy for breakfast and I don’t know that I’ve seen it on your blog. :)

Therese September 11, 2009 at 5:12 pm

I give up :)

homecookedem September 11, 2009 at 5:53 pm

I have to agree with all of the comments about Amy’s Cali veggie burgers! They are quite tasty!! I definitely would like to try your recipe! Do you know how many calories are in each 1/3 cup portion? No big deal if not! :)

Kimberly September 11, 2009 at 6:50 pm

Huge fan of Sunshine Burgers! YUM!!

Have you tried these Artichoke Burgers?

They are towards the end of my post. They are made by 5 Star Foodies. They are so good!!! :)

Kim

N.D. September 11, 2009 at 7:03 pm

mmm thanks for this post. The veggie burger from the restaurant looks like meat for sure! :)

Kristie September 11, 2009 at 7:06 pm

Wow. Those sound INCREDIBLE. I’ve already bookmarked the recipe. Can’t wait to try, most especially with the cashew sauce! Veggie burgers have MILES on meat loaded burgers. I just love em. I think I’ve only ever tried one or two that I was NOT fond of. And I really want to experiment with a bunch of different homemade varieties!

PeonyJen September 11, 2009 at 8:13 pm

new breakfast grain: millet? I love me some millet, and would love to pass on a great millet flatbread recipe. 4 ingredients, and I make it all the time!

Diana (Soap & Chocolate) September 11, 2009 at 8:33 pm

OMG HEAB, seriously one of my major pet peeves is restaurants that put veggie burgers on the menu and then just heat up a premade frozen one. No, if I wanted that, I would buy the whole box for less than the price I’d pay for them to make it (mediocre-ly) for me. If I’m getting a veggie burger at a restaurant, they better have ground and molded that sh!t by hand. And the only thing that should un-veganize it is the blood, sweat and tears that went into getting it on my plate.

Harumph.

Angharad (Eating for England) September 11, 2009 at 10:14 pm

Yes! I have been wanting to make my own veggie burgers! What better kick up the backside than some Heather-style inspiration! Thanks lady.

Sarah (LovIN My Tummy) September 11, 2009 at 10:20 pm

I just finished my first Felafel Sunshine burger…you’d love it HEAB!!! Since my Chris is now vegetarian (whohoo!!!) he is now on a quest to find the best restaurant veggie burger ever. I will happily join him in that quest and report my findings ;)

Liza September 11, 2009 at 10:47 pm

I once pleaded with my waiter to know what was in the AH-mazing Houston’s veggie burger – all I got was ‘ooh black beans, brown rice, beets…and other stuff’ Seriously SO good, I think I might have to go this weekend!

broccolihut September 11, 2009 at 11:14 pm

Thank you, Heather. You just saved me about $87659 dollars by showing me this Sunshine-esque burger.

Annie September 12, 2009 at 5:40 am

Amaranth…. it’s what’s for breakfast!!

As for veggie burgers… never had one… but it looks.. interesting! Blog On!

Felicia September 12, 2009 at 6:43 am

That burger and sauce sounds delicious! my guess is buckwheat hmm…

greensandjeans September 12, 2009 at 7:09 am

There is nothing more depressing than a lukewarm Boca burger when the rest of your dining companions are chowing down on something that looks much more appetizing (especially since you have to deal with their comments the rest of the night)

CaSaundra September 12, 2009 at 7:32 am

I am actually a huge fan of Boca patties :-) But I have seen the Sunshine burgers recently, and debated on buyin em’ to try, but I may have to opt for your recipe instead–it sounds great!

Kiersten September 12, 2009 at 7:54 am

I’m with you on keeping my fingers crossed that Costco starts carrying more brands of veggie burgers! We should start a petition.

Meghan (Making Love In The Kitchen) September 12, 2009 at 8:20 am

Any veggie burger that is soy free (and free of any of it’s derivative parts) is a-okay in my world. Can’t wait to try this one.

jacobc September 12, 2009 at 12:07 pm

lol, i hate to waste food, but i remember several years ago buying a box of those boco sausage “things” and most of it went in the trash after i ate one, then avoided the rest of them in the freezer for about 2 years!
Your boy was showing off this morning, looked like he was on a morning stroll just crusing along and still beat me(2nd) by over a minute!
Yall have a good weekend! congrats CD!- I know you will kick butt this year at the shelby 15k to!

jenngirl September 12, 2009 at 12:45 pm

Wow great recipe! And that restaurant veggie burger+salad looks incredible :)

Shelby September 13, 2009 at 7:04 am

Sunshine burgers are SO GOOD. I wish I could find them cheaper too =(

hayleycepeda September 13, 2009 at 7:33 am

That looks like a great veggie burger recipe! It’s kind of funny you posted that cashew sauce recipe, because yesterday I tried making nut cheese in my vitamix and it’s definitely more of a liquid dressing. If I make the veggie burgers maybe I’ll drizzle that over the burger. :)

I like Sunshine burgers too, but a friend of mine told me that Costco is carrying Dr. Praeger’s veggie burgers now and they’re supposedly very good and have only a few ingredients. I haven’t bought any yet, but she said they’re not expensive and they’re vegan. Maybe that’s an option?

MarathonVal September 13, 2009 at 2:57 pm

I love how you say you “pulled a Heather”.. my own family doesn’t give a care if I do that, but my husband and his family always roll their eyes when I ask the waiter 20 questions and basically end up ordering something totally different than what’s on the menu! But I say, as long as you are polite about it, it’s ok :)

GeenyBeeny September 13, 2009 at 3:12 pm

Dr. Praeger’s are very very good and not too expensive – I get them at Trader Joe’s. I have the Tex Mex veggie burgers in my freezer right now. They do have some soy flour in them, though.

Even though they’re not veggie, I have to give a shout out to Trader Joe’s Chicken Chile Lime burgers – minimal ingredient list, and so delicious! Even hubby will eat one without complaining that it’s not beef!

Carrie September 14, 2009 at 9:42 am

That Bricktops veggie burger looks great, I’m going to have to try that since I work right next door.

I’ve also heard that Pied Piper Eatery in East Nashville has a great homemade veggie burger (made with beets I think) but I haven’t made it there yet. It’s sort of off the beaten path tucked back into a neighborhood near Riverside Village. It’s in my ‘hood, though, so I really have no excuse!

Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) September 14, 2009 at 2:37 pm

I made my own veggie burgers once using a tri-bean mix and they were definitely my favorite!

I have also had the Sunshine falafel burgers, yum. :)

Unfortunately, I do still sometimes rely on the Boca and Morningstar brands but I am getting tired of their products with super long ingredients lists so I’m limiting those.

This is why I don’t eat at Buffalo Wild Wings anymore, their veggie burger is just a Gardenburger patty…I could make that at home!

Mandiee May 1, 2010 at 10:39 pm

heya HEAB! this recipe looks amazing! i’m disappointed with most of the veggie burger on the market and have been searching for one of my own. about how many servings does this make so i can plan accordingly? i can’t wait to try this!
xox

Heather Eats Almond Butter May 2, 2010 at 9:11 am

Mandiee, I think you will love the Sunburger patties. In fact, I should make some of my own soon! It’s been a while since I’ve made them, but I believe the recipe yields about 12 to 15 burgers. So good! Enjoy. :)

{ 1 trackback }