Sorry Santa

by HEAB on December 26, 2009

Last night, we got a little vegetable crazy in the kitchen.

CD and Alice worked hard on our dinner of veggie stir-fry and carrot fries. Seriously y’all, I ate my weight in Brussels sprouts and carrots. Everything was so good, and I couldn’t stop eating! I was still so full this morning that I skipped breakfast. Very un-HEAB like, but I just wasn’t hungry.

However, after doing Sadie Nardini’s Power Half Hour Yoga Series, my appetite was back with a vengeance…I’m talking cannibalistic hunger. ;)

Roasted kabocha pureed with Jay Robb vanilla rice protein powder and the most amazing cinnamon I’ve ever tasted in the waning almond butter jar. Merry Christmas to me!

Chocolate-Covered Katie December 26, 2009 at 1:41 pm

Ahhhhhhhhh! You killed him!!! Murderer!!!

Oh who am I kidding. I would’ve done the same thing ;)

Erica December 26, 2009 at 1:48 pm

hahahhahaha – NOT SANTA!! Everything looks so good. I can never get enough roasted veggies. I think I may have consumed 5 lbs of veggies yesterday with lots of hummus. YUM! Merry Christmas :)

Carolyn December 26, 2009 at 2:03 pm

kabOUCHa

Shelby December 26, 2009 at 2:08 pm

Jeez Heather, could you be any more adorable?! Hope you had a very very Merry Christmas!

candice December 26, 2009 at 2:18 pm

Hahaha, I think it’s worth it to kill Santa if it means kabocha in a jar. I love Vietnamese cinnamon too :]

eatmovelove December 26, 2009 at 2:23 pm

Merry Christmas :)
Praying for peace and balance.
I agree with the above – Shelby – in that you are too adorable – it just isn’t fair ;)
Still don’t know how you do the Kobucha – but you love it and that’s all that matters!
I am house-bound, completely lazy and unproductive and crappy – no more different than usual right ?;)

Jenny December 26, 2009 at 2:39 pm

desperate times call for desperate measures ;)

Danielle December 26, 2009 at 2:48 pm

R.I.P Kabocha santa. The carrot fries sound good- are they soft like butternut fries or are they still a little crunchy?

Heather Eats Almond Butter December 26, 2009 at 3:17 pm

Danielle, Usually they crisp up, but last night’s were kind of soft. Still delicious though…ate way too many covered in olive oil, salt, cinnamon, and stevia! :)

theemptynutjar December 26, 2009 at 2:51 pm

Merry Christmas Heather. You look happy and that is what matters.
Love and enjoy the season – well, every day…Christmas or not :)
I am so tired of reading comments from people saying they do nothing and eat so much and feel guilty for it….if they could sneak a peak into my life or anyone with hardcore physical challenges/loss they would be hit hard with how lucky they truly are ;)
I say no time for guilt. Just eat :) And be thankful for a tiny walk if able….just thankful!
YOU are so refreshing (your smiles and personality) — you just live and let live. Nothing more serious than it need be. Great way to be.

psychoj1 December 26, 2009 at 2:57 pm

Haha, Heather you are too much :)

Fabulous squash in a jar!
<3 jess

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 26, 2009 at 3:09 pm

I like to eat my weight in b.sprouts too! And thanks for the cinnamon linkage! I love Simply Organic’s and am a fan of any and all cinny :)

Marina December 26, 2009 at 3:17 pm

I adore roasted veggies!
Merry Christmas!

Peanut Butter Bliss December 26, 2009 at 3:34 pm

so jealous that your family made carrot fries and roasted brussels sprouts because those are two of my favorites :D
happy holidays

ps. love the santa hat on the squash!

Heather @ The Joyful Kitchen December 26, 2009 at 3:38 pm

How cute are you in the Santa hat :) I’d do just about anything to eat my weight in brussel sprouts…YUM!

Jessica December 26, 2009 at 4:09 pm

What a great fam! I ate so much that I ended up eating breakfast later than usual, too.

Ameena December 26, 2009 at 4:11 pm

I think I ate just as many brussels sprouts but mine didn’t look nearly as good as yours!

Susan December 26, 2009 at 4:19 pm

I could barely eat breakfast this morning too!!! That NEVER happens. Well, until I worked out, now I’m been back to my normal hungry self ;) Merry Christmas HEAB!

ilanalala December 26, 2009 at 4:59 pm

Hahahaha that poor Santa squash! Yum!

Carbzilla December 26, 2009 at 6:03 pm

We had Brussels sprouts last night separating our fish from our potato souffle – I had to dig out some colorful china or it was gonna be white white white!

I bought the Saigon cinnamon at Costco – wonder if it’s similar?

Heather Eats Almond Butter December 26, 2009 at 6:07 pm

Ooh, don’t know. If so, then I’m adding it to our Costco list. I ate the Vietnamese stuff straight from the jar with a spoon. Never tasted anything like it!

Food-Fitness-FreshAir December 26, 2009 at 6:28 pm

Roasted brussel sprouts are my fav! Whenever I eat too much late night food, I usually do some yoga to get my appetite back up to speed. I hate waking up and not having a morning appetite!

merittothecarrot December 26, 2009 at 6:44 pm

We all know Kobacha Santa is in a better place now…

Sarah December 26, 2009 at 7:53 pm

That Santa is too cute.

realfitmama December 26, 2009 at 8:16 pm

That “Santa” looks hysterical and victimized all at the same time!!!

The Pancake Girl December 26, 2009 at 8:33 pm

OMG that holiday Kobucha haha love it. Merry Christmas!

Maggie December 26, 2009 at 8:57 pm

Mmmm eating your weight in veggies – sounds like my kind of day!!

Glad the yoga helped :)

Allie December 26, 2009 at 9:12 pm

you killed santa. very funny sequence!

chrysta December 26, 2009 at 10:11 pm

ahhaha I love your squash photo. Awesome! Oh i randomly found some Jay RObb powder in the store the other day and picked it up. Im really interested in trying it out!! I hope you are having a wonderful holiday. Take care!!

Heather Eats Almond Butter December 26, 2009 at 11:25 pm

Chrysta, Enjoy your Jay!

Melissa S. December 26, 2009 at 10:15 pm

nom nom on the roasted veggies. just like the ones in my belly on christmas. :)

ProteinGirl December 26, 2009 at 11:29 pm

Heather,
You look absolutely gorgeous in that picture!!!!
Glad you had a wonderful Christmas!!!
Barbara

Katie December 26, 2009 at 11:54 pm

*Staring longingly at your kabocha* I still haven’t found a kabocha in these parts, so I fully support your killing spree. I too ate my weight in brussels over the last few days. I eat them with anything and everything; roasted garlic hummus, cranberry sauce, oats, eggs, maple syrup, soup, etc….I wish the ones I planted in my garden this summer had actually sprouted.

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) December 27, 2009 at 12:07 am

Mr. Kaboucha-head had an untimely death. Oh well, he lived well while he was here. He got to play dress-up and be worshiped even if it was only for a couple of days. I bet someone ate his eyeballs too. I would have.

You mean there is such a thing as really good, like ‘special’ cinnamon?? Must get more info- I like the regular stuff, so perhaps I would go bonkers for the good stuff! Oh yay, more for me to get hooked on :-)

Lara (Thinspired) December 27, 2009 at 12:29 am

Awww, Merry Christmas Heabie! Hope it was great. I plan to eat my weight in brussel sprouts to RECOVER from my holiday indulgences, so I certainly see nothing wrong with that being your actual indulgence! ;) Who knows, maybe I’ll even give kabocha a try, too? :)

eaternotarunner December 27, 2009 at 7:55 am

Kind of obsessed with the squash-santa haha

theemptynutjar December 27, 2009 at 8:05 am

I have to leave another comment. I have to laugh cause you ate a later and smaller breakfast cause you were stuffed.
I went to bed nauseous and woke up nauseous…and still ate a monster breakfast…and will still be eating my same monster ways during the day and night….i admit some guilt and wonder at this…but i still do it anyway :)
one day maybe i will stop overthinking and just be :)

Ashlei December 27, 2009 at 8:16 am

Mmm roasted veggies!

I’m over in your city (Nashville!!) visiting family and we went to Horn of Africa per my request after seeing your blog post about date night with CD (they love that place though so they didn’t mind) ;) What an amazing restaurant!! Nashville is such an eclectic city with so much to do! I’m from Johnson City (wayyy East TN) and will miss all the great restaurants you guys have over here as well as Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s! Long winded way of saying thanks for the post about Horn of Africa! My first Ethiopian experience was amazing!!

Merry Christmas!! :D

Heather Eats Almond Butter December 27, 2009 at 9:00 am

Ashlei, Oh my gosh, so excited you went to Horn of Africa. It’s one of our favorite restaurants. Also glad you enjoyed it…sometimes they get a little crazy with the spices. Next time you’re in town, email me. Would love to meet up with another adventurous foodie. :)

Veggiesmack December 27, 2009 at 9:23 am

I could use some of those roasted veggies right about now!

gina (fitnessista) December 27, 2009 at 9:56 am

hahaha the poor kabocha santa!
THAT is my kinda christmas feast :D
have a wonderful day <3

theemptynutjar December 27, 2009 at 10:15 am

heather
quick question if okay
what is the difference btw a blogroll and a reader…and do u get a reader?
thanks a lot , sorry to steal your time!

Heather Eats Almond Butter December 27, 2009 at 4:04 pm

Empty Nut, A blogroll is the list of blogs on your blog. Google Reader is a tool that allows you to manage the blogs you read: http://www.google.com/intl/en/googlereader/tour.html

Haylee December 28, 2009 at 3:38 pm

Be careful with those kabochas!!! I had the dreaded experience of cutting myself, passing out, not waking up, and emergency rooms because of mine :D funny thing is when I got back I still finished cutting it and eating it…what can I say? They are to dang good!!!

Heather Eats Almond Butter December 28, 2009 at 4:17 pm

Oh my gosh Haylee. So sorry. Is it wrong that I’m happy to hear you still enjoyed your squash???

{ 2 trackbacks }