Goodbye Smoothie Girl :(

by HEAB on December 29, 2009

Deb and I had to say our goodbyes yesterday, but we made the most of our last morning together.

First we met up for a 90 minute vinyasa yoga class at At One Yoga.

We got our sweat on…

We managed to separate for about an hour and then met back up for a late breakfast at The Good Egg (of Fitnessista fame). OH MY GOSH, I LOVED THIS RESTAURANT. Check out the pancake options.

Any restaurant that will gladly add vanilla protein powder to the pancake batter gets two very enthusiastic thumbs up from HEAB. :)

Although tempted by the pancakes, I went with The Power House Breakfast instead.

6 egg whites scrambled w/diced chicken breast, red bell peppers & mild green chilies, topped w/fresh Pico De Gallo. Served w/salsa, low-carb tortillas & a side of black beans (I subbed green veggies for the beans). The food was great, but the company was even better…

Me & Deb, all showered, reunited, and ready for some grub. (CD was still sick, but he’s feeling much better today. Thanks to everyone for their well wishes!)

And I finally got to meet Deb’s Luvie…so cute. :)

Look at what he brought for CD.

Luvie knew that CD loves bacon and brought him some, British style. Hehe – he knows the way to my man’s heart. Thanks Luvie. So thoughtful of you!

Deb, you and your husband are seriously two of the nicest people I’ve ever met. Why do you have to live so far away from me???? I loved getting to hang out with you, and you never know. Perhaps a trip to Southern Cali is in my near future. ;)

Before I go, a shout-out to Beeks, I can’t stop eating your granola!

Kristen @ Change of Pace December 29, 2009 at 2:45 pm

Goodbyes are so hard :( Glad you had fun though! Breakfast looked great. I wish their was a restaurant near me like that!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is December 29, 2009 at 2:45 pm

Ohmigosh I can’t get over that pancake menu!!

Deva (Voracious Vorilee) December 29, 2009 at 2:47 pm

The pancake menu looks fabulous – so many different varieties to choose from! I also like that they let you choose how many ‘cakes you want.

It looks like you and the smoothie girl had a blast and lots of fun adventures!

LZ December 29, 2009 at 2:52 pm

Heather – wow, what a fantastic time you guys had! Yoga, tasty food and thoughtful friends… how awesome!

Dori December 29, 2009 at 2:53 pm

I need pancakes there. NEED. AAhhhh all those add ons. I would be in heaven.

Ameena December 29, 2009 at 2:58 pm

What a cute picture of you both! So glad you had a great time.

Veggiesmack December 29, 2009 at 3:00 pm

Those pancakes options are amazing! And you can get whole wheat batter to boot!

janetha December 29, 2009 at 3:03 pm

how random, i have been to arizona ONCE and i ate at the good egg AND pita jungle. coincidences are fun. now if you had had sushi at “ra” that would just have been creepy.

Lara (Thinspired) December 29, 2009 at 3:14 pm

Aww, I LOVE THIS! Hi, Derek and Deb! So sorry that CD couldn’t join you guys :( Poor guy. But he’s in for a treat with that British bacon :)

The Good Egg looks awesome. I would get the WW pancakes with wheat germ and bananas! (Not that I’m imagining being there or anything.)

I absolutely agree that D&D are two of the nicest people EVER. I can’t wait to one day meet Heabie & CD, because I know you’ll be added to that list, too!

plamarie December 29, 2009 at 3:27 pm

How exciting that you guys were able to meet and do so much fun stuff together. Good to hear CD is feeling better. ;)

Shelby December 29, 2009 at 3:34 pm

Whoaa, amazing meal! I’m loving the veggies for breakfast :) My fave!

Evan Thomas December 29, 2009 at 3:45 pm

bacon is most definitely the way to a man’s heart. I just treated myself to a bacon milk chocolate bar from Whole Foods with christmas money

Heather Eats Almond Butter December 29, 2009 at 3:50 pm

Evan, I love all the Vosges chocolate bar…except that bacon one. Sounded so good in theory as I love a good sweet/savory combo. My favorite is the Goji Berry Bar with Celtic sea salt. AMAZING!

homecookedem December 29, 2009 at 3:46 pm

You and Deb are so photogenic!! :) So glad you 2 friends were able to meet up for some fun!! That breakfast looks so delicious and healthy!! Why can’t I find those kind of options when I go out to eat?!

Heather @ The Joyful Kitchen December 29, 2009 at 3:46 pm

Wow, that sounds like a great breakfast! I love that you guys had such a great time together :)

Bekah December 29, 2009 at 3:48 pm

Seriously still freaking out that I got to have like a whole day of fun with you and Deb. I will definitely be keeping tabs on both of you and keeping in contact. :)

As for yoga?! YES. I was with with you in spirit reading your tweets via phone, while doing some dave farmar on my bedroom floor.

And The Good Egg? Verrryyy popular here in Tucson, but I have only been a couple times. Lots of options though for sure!

SO glad you like the granola! andd.. aww Derek is quite the stud isn’t he?!

eatmovelove December 29, 2009 at 3:50 pm

Wow – who are the 2 HOT ladies ? ;) Haha.

Great meet-up between 2 great bloggers. Looks like a yummy meal, but the company was even better :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 29, 2009 at 3:52 pm

The Good Egg!!! OMG when we were in Phx house hunting last spring, we rented a condo about 3 blocks from there and were there umpteen times! Now I live a whopping 10 mins from there. I would have loved to get in on some At One and some Good Egg action with you two!

As I just mentioned in the post I put up, I am soooooo bummed I missed the big blogger meetup! It’s like serendipity. The opposite of good serendipity that I am away…but yes, a So Cal trip needs to happen, I will be there for that one :)

Peanut Butter Bliss December 29, 2009 at 3:59 pm

wow that is SO cool that the diner would add some protein powder to your meal!! talk about service :)

Jenny December 29, 2009 at 4:07 pm

oh my goodness that pancake restaurant is unreal! I wonder if they use Jay Robb ;)

Meghan Telpner December 29, 2009 at 4:15 pm

Averting the evil nutrition eye ;)

Maggie December 29, 2009 at 4:18 pm

OMG, I must get to that restaurant… some day.

Yes, I went through her granola in like… a day.

candice December 29, 2009 at 4:23 pm

Haha, what a flexible place?! I’d love to eat pancakes there, and it’s such a cute name, too! You guys look so happy. :)

psychoj1 December 29, 2009 at 4:30 pm

That place sounds amazing! Great pancake options :)

Glad you had fun with Deb!!

Carolyn December 29, 2009 at 4:41 pm

I agree, you made a great breckie menu choice.. That tortilla looks good..!!! We must figure out a way to “make” a low carb wrap at home…

bacon bacon bacon…

Mama Pea December 29, 2009 at 5:15 pm

Vanilla protein pancakes with Reese’s PB Cups, please!!!

Ashley December 29, 2009 at 5:22 pm

The blogger catch-ups look so fun! I like the hike and the pancake breakfast (or egg white breakfast, as it were). Really cool menu at the pancake place! Can I have trail mix in mine please?

ajalaa December 29, 2009 at 5:45 pm

That place looks amazin! I hate going out to breakfast, but would be totally into it if whole wheat trail mix pancakes were an option!

Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather December 29, 2009 at 6:24 pm

I wish I was semi near that restaurant I’m wanting pancakes for dinner now!

Katie December 29, 2009 at 6:27 pm

Your breakfast looks awesome! I may have to re-create that one for myself very soon. I’ve been really into the egg-chicken combo lately, thanks in large part to you.

theemptynutjar December 29, 2009 at 6:31 pm

You two look so happy and fun. Nice eats and outstanding workout. There should be a “blogger lottery” where every blogger takes turns each week buying lottery tickets….and whoever wins the 10 million flies everyone together for a big meet and party ;)

jenngirl December 29, 2009 at 6:38 pm

Aw what a sweet good-bye post! You guys seemed to have a great time together, and yoga and breakfast is a great way to part ;)

hayleycepeda December 29, 2009 at 7:02 pm

I’m so envious you guys had a meet-up! What a blast..the food looks good but I agree with you that the company was much better! I love the term of endearment, “luvie.” My English relatives use that expression a lot, too. Heather how do you always look so glowing in your pics? Is that natural? So pretty!

Heather Eats Almond Butter December 29, 2009 at 7:26 pm

Hayley, That’s my nut butter glow. ;)

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) December 29, 2009 at 7:08 pm

Awwww you are tooo sweet! I loved our last day together- we crammed in a lot of good stuff. I am soooo sore from yoga!! That was a kickarse workout- thanks for suggesting it! I can barely hold my arm out straight :-) love that!

Derek loved meeting you. I’ll post my recap of the weekend at my usual 2am tonight :-)

Glad CD is on the mend- give him a big hug from me and enjoy your last precious day there in paradise! Say Hi to Alice and Mr D.

Thank you for making the weekend everything I had anticipated and more! <3 you!!!

caronae December 29, 2009 at 7:49 pm

Sounds like you guys had so much fun. I love your sweater!

Casey December 29, 2009 at 8:29 pm

Those pancakes sound amazing! Mmm :)

The Pancake Girl December 29, 2009 at 9:07 pm

Um, those pancake combos sounds irresistible to ME!

chrysta December 29, 2009 at 10:19 pm

Holy pancakes!! What an amazing variety of pancakes. Such a wonderful picture of you and Deb too. You both look fantastic!

ProteinGirl December 29, 2009 at 10:28 pm

Glad to hear he is feeling better! Hopefully you will be able to enjoy a wonderful New Years together! You look so good in those pictures!
Barbara

Miz December 30, 2009 at 5:03 am

love the pictures and must ask: do you ever find that the 90 minutes is simply too long to workout?
(she types ALMOST embarrassed for herself…)

I love the bikram classes but wish they were 60 min MAX.

anyway :)
Im also stopping in to say how I enjoy your tweets as well.

Miz.

Heather Eats Almond Butter December 30, 2009 at 8:59 am

Miz, I was just discussing 90 minute yoga classes vs 60 minutes with some friends. I really do believe they are basically the same class slowed down with a more stretching and a longer Savasana at the end. I do love the slower pace and more stretching, but I won’t lie. Sometimes, the 90 minute classes feel like they will never end, but then some seem like they are over before they even began. Think it all depends on your mindset.

Justine December 30, 2009 at 8:08 am

Glad you had fun Heabs! Deb seems like a doll. What a great little vacation. Miss you :)

~Justine

gina (fitnessista) January 1, 2010 at 10:46 am

GOOD EGG!!!! ahhhhhhhhh! thank you for the shout out <3 its my favorite breakfast love! in one week, a giant wheat pancake will be MINE :D so glad you had an awesome yoga class and delicious feast :D
xoxo

Savannah Brentnall January 3, 2010 at 11:16 pm

Did you know that Vosges makes sugar-free chocolate? My favorite us the Red Fire Bar: it has just the perfect amount of cinnamon and chile. http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/category/sugarfree_candy_bar

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 4, 2010 at 8:30 am

Savannah, Yes, I’ve seen the sugar free bar at Whole Foods. Thanks for letting me know it’s good. I’ll pick one up next time I’m there. I LOVE cinnnamon!

{ 1 trackback }