Hope everyone had a wonderful New Years Eve. I spent it with my family eating yummy food (Why do I only eat rutabagas once a year when my mom fixes them? Need to buy some for myself. Love them!), watching Four Christmases (Robert Duvall = hilarious), and playing Apples to Apples . I had my camera but did not take one photo. Poor CD stayed at home on the couch but managed to go on a short run today. So, he’s definitely feeling better. Thanks again for all your well wishes. My family draws names for presents, and my dad got me. He gave me a set of pots and pans after watching me scatter veggies while trying to make a stir-fry in our too-small skillet. Thanks Dad! It’s perfect.
Big announcement: I don’t hate raw kale after all.
After a New Year’s Day 2-hour vinyasa flow yoga class earlier this afternoon, I came home craving some veggies. Beeks inspired me to give raw kale another try. So, I did, and I liked it. I want to try her tahini massage kale salad, but today I went with several handfuls of kale, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 packet of stevia, 1 heaping tsp miso paste, and juice from 1/2 a lemon. Then I went to town massaging the greens with my hands until they wilted. Um, this was delicious. Why did I think I hated raw kale? Thanks Beeks!
Thanks Alex! Your savory roasted almonds (made with soy sauce, sesame oil, rosemary, and salt) are soooo good, and I love the scarf and little penguin. I named him Alfred. I’m hoping to make almond butter from the almonds…if I can stop eating them.
Before I go, I wanted to share an award I recently received from Allie, my favorite pimp.
Thanks so much Allie for awarding me with this Beautiful Blogger Award. Love Allie – have y’all seen her arms? I covet them. In the sprit of the award, I now have to share 7 random things about myself with all of you. So, here goes:
1) I can’t whistle.
2) I drive a 1997 Honda Accord, and I love my car. As long as the sun roof and CD player works, I’m happy.
3) My favorite movie is Say Anything, and Lloyd Dobler will always hold a special place in my heart.
4) I can tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue.
5) Tuscany is one of my most favorite places on earth. It’s magical, and did you know the gelato served there is calorie free?
6) I have completed 20+ half marathons, 1 full marathon (NYC), and 1 50K trail race. 50K…bad idea!
7) I turn 34 tomorrow. Eeekkkk!!!!
I hereby pass this on to all my fellow beloved bloggers. Here’s to a fantastic 2010!!!