CD Scores Major Points

by HEAB on January 2, 2010

So, after going to see The Blind Side with my mom today, I came home to enjoy a quiet birthday dinner with CD. He stir-fried a huge skillet of vegetables in coconut oil. I topped mine with leftover New Years Eve turkey and hummus dressing (hummus, Dijon mustard, stevia, and water to thin). Then it was time for cake and ice-cream…and presents. I always make my own cake, and this year was no exception.

I whipped up a batch of almond flour cookies using this recipe, but I subbed 1/2 cup tahini for the grapeseed oil and used Grade B maple syrup instead of agave.

We ate the cookies with the following…

All together…

Happy 34 to me! The cookies were still warm. So delicious. It was perfect!

Present time…

I’m wearing my new birthday jeans. CD collaborated with his parents and got me a pair of 7 For All Mankind jeans. I was shocked for 3 reasons:

1) CD actually bought a pair of designer jeans…a miracle!

2) CD knew what size to buy me.

3) They actually fit! I have a problem with low waisted jeans. I don’t know if it’s because I have no hips or no butt or what, but I’m always revealing my crack. Seriously, it’s a problem. Chris refers to me as the plumber. My argument is that I was blessed with an extra long crack, but CD doesn’t buy that. Oh well, just happy that there isn’t much crackage going on in my new 7′s. Thanks CD, John, and Alice!

Look what CD gave me!!!!

Oh my gosh, so excited! I loved using the Wii Fit while staying in the yurt this past summer in Colorado. Can’t wait to get it all hooked up – you did good CD!!! A pancake griddle, new jeans, and a Wii Fit…Wow! Much love and many thanks to all my family for such a wonderful birthday.

OK, off to enjoy the remainder the evening on the couch with CD. He’s watching his Bulls play, and I’m going to try and finish reading The Help. Have any of you read this book? I highly recommend it if you haven’t.

Thanks again for all your birthday wishes. I’ve had a smile on my face all day. :)

Carbzilla January 2, 2010 at 8:00 pm

You crack me up!

(someone had to say it)

Did you cry your eyes out in The Blind Side – the trailer even gets me a little weepy!

Awesome birthday!!!! Best looking “cake” ever. I hope you have a fantabulous year!

(good job CD!)

Shelby January 2, 2010 at 8:02 pm

I’M SO JEALOUS! Not only of your amazing “cake” but of the jeans, and for the Wii fit! I’ve been begging my mom for one!

You deserve it all and more! Again, Happy Birthday HEAB!!!

psychoj1 January 2, 2010 at 8:07 pm

What awesome birthday presents!! I really want the Wii fit after seeing all the very cool commercials lately!!

Happy Birthday HEAB!!!!

<3 jess

ilanalala January 2, 2010 at 8:08 pm

Happy Birthday!! Those cookies sound amazing…tehina, almond flour, grade B maple, all of my favorite things in one!

You know, I usually don’t wear jeans because I have trouble with them fitting and fitting comfortably, particularly low waisted ones, but I splurged and got myself a pair of Sevens that fits like they were absolutely made for me. Yay for good jeans!

Happy Happy Happy birthday again!

Erin January 2, 2010 at 8:14 pm

Happy Birthday Heaber!! :)

monicaonthego.com January 2, 2010 at 8:16 pm

Oh wow, jeans and wii, good stuff. I love that coconut ice cream.

thenheathersaid January 2, 2010 at 8:18 pm

Hooray for CD doing well on the gift giving!

I’ve heard wonderful things about The Help, and now that you recommend it as well I am definitely adding it to my “Must Read 2010″ List. Any other suggestions?

Hope the remainder of your birthday is fabulous!

girlxoxo January 2, 2010 at 8:21 pm

Hooray for jeans that fit – I have to try on like 1 pair before I find ones that fit (for me the problem is long legs and an ample bootay).

Evan Thomas January 2, 2010 at 8:21 pm

I definitely need to hear how the wii fit is. I’ve been thinking of using my Christmas money on it.
The homemade cake, truwhip, and ice cream looks awesome, as expected. Have you seen they have a new cherry amaretto flavor? I really want to pick up that pint when it’s on sale(because anything amaretto has to be good in my mind).

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 2, 2010 at 8:27 pm

Evan, I have not tried the new cherry amaretto flavor, but I love cherry and amaretto. I’ll be on the lookout for it!

Chloe (No Sugar and Spice) January 2, 2010 at 8:24 pm

Wii fit is so fun! Looks like a wonderful birthday celebration. I’ve just tried the coconut flavor of that ice cream and love it!

livingfreeforever January 2, 2010 at 8:24 pm

OMG!! You will LOVE the Wii Fit!! I got one for Christmas and it is SO fun! I am the hoola hoopin’ and ski jumpin’ champ at my house :D

About the low ride jeans–I have NEVER been able to find a pair that I feel comfy in. They are really cute and I am still looking for that perfect pair. Glad your not the plumber in those jeans :) You are too funny! My sister-in-law swears that the trick to low-ride jeans is long tanks to tuck in your pants. Guess you don’t have to worry about the crack that way–ha ha!!

Oh, and your b-day ‘cake’ looks totally yummy! LOVE coconut milk ice cream! Glad you had a smiley day :)

tangerinesandmarmalade January 2, 2010 at 8:31 pm

Aww, looks like you had a great birthday girl!

Chocolate-Covered Katie January 2, 2010 at 8:32 pm

Happy Birthday!!! And lol about the crack comment. Enjoy your new Wii :)

lindsayruns January 2, 2010 at 8:33 pm

So glad you have had a happy birthday! Enjoy the rest of your night!

Katie January 2, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Ahhh I want a WII fit!!

Happpppy celebration dear!

Katie

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) January 2, 2010 at 8:36 pm

Yum yum on the cookies Heabs!

And score to CD and his folks for the gifties-you will love the Wii. Especially if it’s cold outside etc. A word of warning: there will be some friendly competition in the house, but that’s all part of the fun!!

Oh, and Plumber’s Butt?? Of COURSE!! It’s ubiquitous with low-rise. The secret is to go to Target and buy 48 different wife-beaters (tank tops) that are super long in every color of the rainbow. Then layer/match them with your other tops so that when you bend over to pick something up, the wifebeater still covers your crack! I have an entire DRAWER just for wifebeaters! :-)

Happy birthday my friend- seems you side-stepped your cold- yay!

Lauren January 2, 2010 at 8:39 pm

hahah Heather we’ve always made fun of/joked with my sister about her “High BC.” I can’t wait until she reads this. So glad you had such a wonderful day!

Danielle January 2, 2010 at 8:40 pm

hahah my mom has the plumber’s crack going on too. I’ll let her know about those jeans ;)
Those are such good gifts- Happy Bday (again)!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty January 2, 2010 at 8:40 pm

Happy Birthday again!! I just did a review on a great Wii game come visit! http://dairyfreebetty.blogspot.com/2010/01/ea-sports-active-for-wii-review.html

Tiffany January 2, 2010 at 8:43 pm

Ahh so jealous of your presents from CD! He’s soooo good! You’re a lucky gal :) Sounds like you had an absolutely splendid birthday!

Kristy January 2, 2010 at 8:46 pm

Happy Birthday!! I’m jealous of the Wii Fit. I’ve had my eye on that!

kbwood January 2, 2010 at 8:47 pm

WOW that is awesome girl!
what a great hubby :)
happy birthday!

Mara @ What's For Dinner? January 2, 2010 at 8:48 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (again!)!!! We have the Wii Fit, and make SURE you get the new Wii Fit Plus disk…the games/activities are awesome!

Allie January 2, 2010 at 8:53 pm

happy birthday!!! great looking cake.

Gracie January 2, 2010 at 9:01 pm

Happy Birthday…..again :)
I’ve got to say, I really admire you for staying healthy yet still “indulging” on your birthday. I still struggle with using special events as a reason to throw my healthy eating out the door :/ But your cookies and ice cream look SO delicious…better than any grocery-store-bought cake! So thanks for being such an inspiration!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 2, 2010 at 9:03 pm

Happy Bday again, hon!
and I think I have a long crack too. Some people have Hugh Jass salads, I have a hlong crack. LOL
A man who buys designer jeans in the right size, and sight unseen, they fit??!! That’s like the Holy Grail! I can try on 20 pairs and still walk out with 0 sometimes. Wow. Rock out those jeans, crack and all :)
xoxo

*Andrea* January 2, 2010 at 9:18 pm

happy birthday!!! what a great day. your cookies look delicious. 7 jeans are my favorite – i only buy them at tjmaxx though because they can be pricey. CD is awesome for picking them out!! have fun with the wii!!

Pure2Raw twins January 2, 2010 at 9:23 pm

I have heard Blind side is good! Cookies look amazing! Love how you put tahini in them :) CD did a great job with all the presents. So jealous you got a Wii Fit

lora January 2, 2010 at 9:24 pm

happy birthday gorgeous! love cookies, and ice cream…and designer jeans. SOOOOO jealous! enjoy ur sunday! I hope its a lazy and relaxing one!

xoxo
lolo

Veggiesmack January 2, 2010 at 9:34 pm

Love those cookies! Subbing tahini for the oil is a great idea.

Happy b-day again! Looks like you had a wonderful day! :-)

Dori January 2, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Happy birthday!! A great birthday! Can’t believe the yurt was so long ago already, wow. Feels like you were JUST there.

Ashlei January 2, 2010 at 9:39 pm

What great gifts! You should do a little review of the Wii Fit if you get a chance! I’d love to know what you think of it

Katie January 2, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Tahini in cookies? I never would have thought of that! How were they?

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 3, 2010 at 9:29 am

Katie, They were soooo good. I always sub nut butter for oil in all baked goods. Works really well.

lpskins January 2, 2010 at 9:51 pm

I must get this coconut oil everyone raves about. You are beautiful by the way. Happy Birthday.

Melissa S. January 2, 2010 at 9:55 pm

hahaha…you’re too funny! i’m the same way with low-rise pants…they never fit. and i’m too cheap to buy expensive ones that actually fit. rawr.

your birthday dessert looks too good! have fun w/ that wii fit! i played with one yesterday with my cousins, too fun!

Light Delight with Tou Tou January 2, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Happy Birthday !!! that’s is a awesome birthday gift!! when I shopping around these days, wii fit always catches my eye :-D you are so luck to have them as a birthday gift!!

inmytummy January 2, 2010 at 10:24 pm

I read the Help a month or so ago. I thought it was great.

homecookedem January 2, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Good job CD! A happy wife is a very, very good thing!! :)

One Healthy Apple January 2, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Happy Birthday! Your husband did a great job! I love jeans that cover the behind and your crack comment totally made me laugh.

learningtocookeatandenjoydeliciousfood January 2, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Happy Birthday Heather, I absolutely love the JEANS… I think that sevens are my favorite brand. They are a great investment and will be with you for years!! Have a great new year of not only the world, but of your life aswell!! :)

Rachel January 2, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Happy birthday! I assure you that WiiFit is totally worth it… it’s so much fun.

Becky January 2, 2010 at 10:36 pm

Happy Birthday Heather! May this year be full of many new adventures and blessings for you! I wish I had some of your cake and ice cream right about now!

muffy January 2, 2010 at 11:12 pm

Hahaha extra long crack eh? i know people like that! its pretty funny :) :D
happy bday girl! :)

Mandiee January 2, 2010 at 11:18 pm

happy birthday, Heather! congrats on getting jeans that make you feel great. we all deserve to feel like a supermodel in our clothes. and i love your little personal cake (and that bowl is super cute!). i’m a fan of non-traditional cakes, too. last year i think i had a fruit bowl with candles, haha :) . happy birthday, again! i hope all of your wishes come true.

missyrayn January 2, 2010 at 11:36 pm

A man who will buy designer jeans…now that’s true love :-)

the dainty pig January 3, 2010 at 12:44 am

Happy Birthday beautiful birthday girl!
Looks like you had the perfect day. I think your birthday “cake” looks perfect.
xoxo Jess

BroccoliHut January 3, 2010 at 12:58 am

Hope you had a fantastic birthday! Wii Fit will change your life, my friend :)
Your dessert looks awesome, especially with that TruWhip on top.

Jenni January 3, 2010 at 1:35 am

Happy Birthday Heather! Your cake looks so yummy, and you got such cool presents. Your husband did very well. You’re a lucky girl :)

Katie January 3, 2010 at 1:37 am

Lucky girl, you! I want some of those 7 for All Mankind jeans. They look super comfy! :) The Wii Fit should be fun, too. Oh, and I couldn’t believe that you are 34; you look so much younger!

Lanna January 3, 2010 at 2:09 am

OMG! I, too, have the crack problem. And I swear my crack is longer than the average person’s. No matter how high I pull my pants up and secure them with a belt (I ALWAYS wear a belt), I end up exposing the crack at least once a day. Honestly, it’s just what’s natural to me now. My argument: If you don’t oppose a cleavage show from up top, then there is absolutely nothing wrong we mine down below!

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 3, 2010 at 9:35 am

Lanna, I could not agree more! I never show cleavage, and I say show off that long crack with pride. ;)

Annie January 3, 2010 at 4:54 am

Happy Birthday and Happy New Year!

Hope you’ll be posting more on your journey with the Wii fit. I have one but it’s been in storage for a while.

April January 3, 2010 at 6:28 am

Happy Birthday Heather! Have fun with the Wii!

We’re the same age, no wonder we can’t eat 2500 lbs worth of chocolate everyday ;)

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 3, 2010 at 9:33 am

April, I hear ya. Here’s to crossing over to our mid-thirties…although CD likes to remind me that I officially crossed over on May 2. He’s very technical…and still in his 20′s. :(

blissfulbellas January 3, 2010 at 7:21 am

HAPPY BELATEDDDDDD! It looks like you had a fab birthday! CD is so good to you! :D

Peanut Butter Bliss January 3, 2010 at 7:29 am

the wii fit is AMAZING :) I love it!!
thats so nice that CD made you veggies AND got you designer jeans!

Gena January 3, 2010 at 7:36 am

I’m a little late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY, gorgeous girl!

Shannon January 3, 2010 at 7:46 am

happy bday heab!! looks like you made out ;) My mom got a wii and the fit for xmas, and i loved playing it at home… now i want one!

theemptynutjar January 3, 2010 at 7:49 am

I hope you enjoyed your birthday. It sounds like a nice day!

rungirlrunn January 3, 2010 at 8:28 am

Glad you enjoyed your birthday! I can’t wait to see the Blind Side. I have The Help reserved at the library, but I think I’m number 150 something on the list….

Ada January 3, 2010 at 8:29 am

Happy birthday!!! OMG The Help is definitely in my top ten favorite books of ALL time. I literally could not put it down while I was reading it:)

Kim January 3, 2010 at 8:36 am

Happy belated birthday Heather!

We decided very last minute to escape AZ and head over to Vegas ( with our 7 yr old) for NYE. It was pretty amazing. A must for everyone ( even people who “hate” Vegas). The energy was amazing. We left the strip by 9pm and went back to our room and watched the fireworks from our balcony, it was pretty cool.

Wow! I think CD needs to give my hubby some lessons on gift buying 101. I have given up and just buy what I want and have him wrap. Sure not as fun. Looks like you got some great gifts. I am on the fence to buy Wii Fit for us. I think it would be good to have when it is 115 here in the summer and Bella cannot go out an play!

I love your cake. I do the same for me and Bella. With all of our allergies and sensitivities, we make what WE like! Enjoy all your new toys and the rest of the weekend!

thebalancebroad January 3, 2010 at 8:57 am

LOL @ your crack comments!! I have been known to have this problem, too…it makes finding the perfect jeans EVEN harder!!! I have a pair of 7′s and LOVE them because they do tend to keep the crack covered. :-) Mad kudos to CD!

I am so glad you had a wonderful birthday, Heather! It looks like it was a perfect day. And I LOVE the Wii fit. SO much fun!!

Little Bookworm January 3, 2010 at 9:02 am

I’ve been reading your blog for quite a while but have never commented before. Your “cake” looks delicious. Hope you had a great birthday. :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 3, 2010 at 9:30 am

Thanks Little Bookworm. :)

Heather @ The Joyful Kitchen January 3, 2010 at 9:12 am

The Blind Side…what do I say about it? It makes me want to be a better person. So glad you had a great birthday :)

Jenny R. January 3, 2010 at 9:24 am

happy bday again! Heather, this is really random but I really like that bowl that your bday cookies are in…where did you get it? haha I love the colour.

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 3, 2010 at 9:30 am

Jenny R, The bowl if from Anthropologie. I got it years ago. I know they still sell those bowls, but not sure if they have that color anymore.

Luna January 3, 2010 at 9:34 am

happy birthday!!!!!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) January 3, 2010 at 9:49 am

I am so with you on the unconventional birthday cake! Mine is normally a big bowl of oats with lots of sweet stuff added to it! We love the we fit here! So much fun!

Maggie January 3, 2010 at 10:18 am

I want Wii Fit! We have a Wii… hmm… Valentine’s day!

Sammie January 3, 2010 at 10:35 am

Heather, I always read but never post. I wanted to comment since it was your birthday. I hope it was good.
Also, I know you are a Stevia-lover. I have these Stevia NOW packets. I use 5 or more a day! I had a bad bowl of oatmeal and cup of coffee this morning, and I refuse to waste food, I added a packet of stevia to each, and voila – it made a world of difference!
I know people say to wean off sweetners and they will not be missed – but no thank you!
Keep up your great blog Heather!

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 3, 2010 at 11:09 am

Sammie, I love my stevia too!

chrysta January 3, 2010 at 10:55 am

awesome! Ive never tried it yet but the Wii fit looks like so much fun. And the jeans and griddle sound awesome. He did well!=) I love that awesome looking birthday dessert too. How fantastic! I hope you had an amazing birthday!!

jenngirl January 3, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Looks like a great birthday celebration! haha and glad you’re enjoying your “crack-less” jeans! I can never find 7′s that fit me the way I like, but they’re a great brand!

My mom’s letting me borrow The Help from her when she is finished, I’m excited to finally get to read it!

Christopher Ian Hill January 3, 2010 at 7:39 pm

Hey Heather,

Looks like you had a wonderful Birthday! Isn’t it cool that Nintendo Wii actually helps people become more active while playing video games? I love Wii bowling. I thought about getting the Wii fit also…Mmmm…maybe a Birthday gift idea for me…hint hint..Just kidding! :)

Thanks for your friendship!

~Chris

The Pancake Girl January 3, 2010 at 8:30 pm

Happy bday Heather! I hope it was wonderful!!

Lara (Thinspired) January 3, 2010 at 10:02 pm

WOO HOO! I can’t imagine two better gifts…designer jeans and a WIi Fit?! You deserve it, Heabie! I am so happy you enjoyed your special day :)

dailygoods January 4, 2010 at 6:48 am

hope you had an amazing birthday! i love youuuu :)

debo January 4, 2010 at 7:33 am

Heather..happy birthday.
I always open my HEAB email with excitement..have never posted..I’m on same wavelength re the strength training.so will enjoy doing it “along” with you.
The HElp is excellent..I just finished a Friend of the Family and just started reading the John Irving book..
Much love and best birthday wishes

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 4, 2010 at 8:34 am

Thanks Debo!

CaSaundra January 4, 2010 at 7:38 am

What a wonderful hubby you have–those presents rock!! Happy belated birthday–another year older, another year wiser =)

plamarie January 4, 2010 at 10:29 am

oooh, Happy Happy Birthday Heather! Great cake!
Good job CD!

bobbi January 4, 2010 at 7:35 pm

I GOT A WII FIT TOO! It is a lot of fun and I haven’t even learned the half of it. Happy belated birthday beautiful!

marla January 5, 2010 at 8:35 pm

Happy late birthday! The Wii Fit looks cool. I have never used one, I think I would like it. I do know that I like Seven jeans, they r a great fit!!! Those cookies and ice cream look goooood!!!

{ 3 trackbacks }