Afternoon Carb Attack

by HEAB on January 21, 2010

After my Tabata Intervals, I was in a hurry to get ready for my 11 o’clock massage and had a Zenergize tablet with 24 ounces of water. I picked these up months ago after my hot yoga/dehydration mishap  and have them on occasion after a sweaty workout. Tabata Intervals = sweat.

After my massage, I raced over to Zoe’s Kitchen for lunch with my friend, Cherie.

Cherie and I met through a mutual friend and randomly ended up going to New York City together to run the NYC Marathon in 2003. We’ve been good friends ever since. Love you Cherie! :)

I always get the same thing whenever we go to Zoe’s, the Protein Power Plate, consisting of grilled chicken (so much for being sick of chicken. Hehe. Zoe’s has the best!), grilled onions, and Zoe’s slaw…which is made with feta, but I always try and eat around the big chunks.

Another not-so-pretty meal, but it was so yummy. I once bought a bottle of their marinade and tried to recreate this dish at home. Mine was not nearly as good.

This week has been a little slow in massage therapy world, and I have no clients scheduled for this afternoon. So, after lunch, I ran some errands, and now I’m at home doing laundry. My carb cravings finally hit around 3 PM, and they hit hard. So, I hit back with the following…

I have no idea how many calories/fat grams were in my lunch, but here are the totals for my snack. I use the Livestrong Daily Plate for online tracking:

Picture 3.png

I toasted two La Tortilla wraps in the toaster oven, and covered them in 1 TBSP tahini mixed with a splash of almond milk, stevia, and cinnamon. It’s like PBU made with tahini. So TBU???? Whatever it was, it was good! However, this set me off, and now I have carbs on the brain. I want some chocolate, but instead, I’m sipping on a mug of decaf with cream.

Until we meet again…

adrienmelaine January 21, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Zenergize looks good, I’m a fan of Nuun- incase you wanted another tab style electrolyte replacer to try..

As for the chocolate, I’m about to have a piece now- sounds so good!

Ameena January 21, 2010 at 4:30 pm

Lunch looks great! I am also in the mood for chocolate, as always! But I am having some decaf instead.

Evan Thomas January 21, 2010 at 4:32 pm

Your chicken looks delicious. I’m a HUGE onion fan, so those slices make me happy :-)

Liz January 21, 2010 at 4:34 pm

Sigh, I lived in Birmingham for a year and used to LOVE Zoe’s so this made me very nostalgic (and I’m jealous :) !

Lara January 21, 2010 at 4:36 pm

Tabata type workouts leave me hungry and craving carbs all day. I actually don’t do them when I am trying to lose weight because of that!
How do those zenergize tablets taste?

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 21, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Lara, They’re good but pretty sweet. I always drop them in a least 24 ounces of water or more.

Susan January 21, 2010 at 4:45 pm

That lunch looks awesome!! I reeeeally want to pick up some tahini, but that would bring my current nut butter count up to 10 different varieties :\

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 21, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Susan, So jealous of your collection!!! If you ever need to fly up to Canada and help you diminish your stash, just let me know. :)

Abby January 21, 2010 at 5:07 pm

Your tortilla combo is fabulous.. Im also cravin chocolate.. I think I might go grab a handful of carobs!!!

Lindsay January 21, 2010 at 5:19 pm

Gotta love a good tabata workout. It burns! That power plate looks good to me!

Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather January 21, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Your Protein Power Plate looks so good. I can see why you get it every time.

Heather (Heather's Dish) January 21, 2010 at 5:45 pm

that salad sounds so fantastic right now! i love grilled onions!

Reigne January 21, 2010 at 5:59 pm

Tabata intervals? I’ve actually never heard of them… Judging by the info on the link, they sound pretty intense… Maybe I should give it a try.

Yummy-o. The protein power plate sounds good! (Sans the chicken… Non-protein power plate?) Ditto with the tortillas… who would think of almond milk and tahini as a spread? Genius.
:) Reigne.

Lara (Thinspired) January 21, 2010 at 6:09 pm

Hey Heab. Just out of curiosity, which kind of La Tortilla do you use? I know there is a larger and a smaller size. I can’t decide if it’s worth the extra 30 calories to upgrade ;)

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 21, 2010 at 6:32 pm

Lara, Not sure. We buy them from Costco – I think they’re the bigger ones? They are 80 calories each.

eaternotarunner January 21, 2010 at 6:13 pm

That looks like my kind of snack! yum!

Anna January 21, 2010 at 6:51 pm

Mmmm…lunch looks fantastic!

Veggiesmack January 21, 2010 at 7:04 pm

That tortilla looks fabulous!

maggie b January 21, 2010 at 7:25 pm

I was in a carby + chocolate mood today too!
A big pb + raspberry preserves + dark chocolate chips on a tortilla killed that craving…until it came back and i needed some chocolate orange slices! sometimes you just gotta cave!!

that lunch salad looks soo good! very light and yummy!

Deb January 21, 2010 at 9:17 pm

Lara *thinspired and Heabs- if you look at the 80 cal La Tortilla- it seems way way bigger than the 50 cal one. I buy the 80 cal one and count it (even though I don’t “count” anymore) as 100. But then again I’m a calorie Paranoia Selfdestroya. Just ask Lara as I sat there at the food show calculating the macronutrient calorie counts and adding them up. Happily- they did all add up and none of the manufacturers were lying like they used to do when I did count calories! :-)

JENNA January 22, 2010 at 8:42 am

i’ve been wanting to try those tortillas! they look so soft and good! I can’t seem to find them!:-/

your eats looks fabulous heather!

marlameridith January 22, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Sorry to hear about the carb cravings…they can sure take over when we least expect them to. Hopefully u are feeling better today :) have you tried the Ezekiel sprouted grain tortillas……. toasted.? They taste like nothing until you toast them and then some kinda magic happens. You can also tear them apart and make ‘em into chips before you toast. The flavor is so awesome, just one can satisfy!

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 22, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Marla, Yes, I have tried them, and in my opinion, they do not compare in taste to La Tortilla Factory. Plus, the Ezekiels are so pricey!

{ 3 trackbacks }