CD Spreads The Bacon Love

by HEAB on January 21, 2010

Tonight’s dinner…

I steamed some Brussels sprouts and added them to a stir-fry made with 1/4 an onion, a red bell pepper, mushrooms and 2 slices of bacon. I’m all out of tempeh bacon and had to raid CD’s bacon stash, but he was happy to share. CD’s dinner looked very similar to mine…just with the addition of 2 eggs and some bleu cheese crumbles. I almost titled this post I ♥ CD’s Pork, but then I remembered our parents read my blog…sorry mom.

Oh, and by the way, last time I photographed a meal in this bowl, Diana observed that it looked like an ashtray. For the record, those little dips in the bowl are for chopsticks, not cigarettes, and yes, I’m still working on my chopstick skills. ;)

Speaking of chopsticks, I wanted to share with you a very thoughtful care package I received from one of my favorite bloggers.

Sweet Maggie sent me some teff (I love using teff to make hot cereal, and I can’t find it here in Nashville), soap, tea, a pine scented sachet, and the most beautiful set of chopsticks. Thanks so much Maggie. I love everything!

Dessert time…

I had HEABified hot chocolate with a 1/2 of a Baker’s unsweetened chocolate square and then went back for the other half. :)

Numbers for dinner + dessert:

Picture 1.png

That’s it folks, another full day of eats. Hope you enjoyed. Almost time for The Office. See ya tomorrow!

Edited to Add: Oh my gosh, I just attacked our box of Trader Joe’s High Fiber cereal. I had about 2 servings with some almond milk. Just what I needed…a little sweet crunch. After The Office, I was hungry again, and I cannot sleep well if my belly is talking to me. I’m good now. Night my friends. :)

LZ January 21, 2010 at 7:43 pm

Heather, your dinner looks fabulous! And that hot chocolate looks decadent. Mmm… Thanks for sharing! :)

Anna January 21, 2010 at 7:51 pm

Mmmm…I love the combination of brussels sprouts and bacon…well, not anymore, but when I ate meat, I loved it!! :-)

Looks like a great package!

eaternotarunner January 21, 2010 at 7:52 pm

Yum your dinner looks awesome

Nicole January 21, 2010 at 7:54 pm

I <3 CD's Pork. LOVE IT!

I thought of you today. I went to Whole Foods and bought some coconut butter. I've been thinking of ways to eat it…I can't wait to dive into it. I'll be searching your blog for ideas and of course, giving you props where they are deserved.

I also bought some unsweetened chocolate almond milk. I'm still trying to get used to the almond milk but I'm all soyed out and need a break, and it's the only unsweetened chocolate milk I can find.

My carb craving came at around 4 p.m. My neighbor made whole wheat honey bagels from scratch so I ate a small one with some PB. My oh my I forgot how much I loved bagels and why I had to give them up!

Have a great night!

Nicole January 21, 2010 at 7:56 pm

BOO I left you this really long comment and it disappeared! :(
I’ll email you instead…stupid computers…

Evan Thomas January 21, 2010 at 7:57 pm

All this bacon talk. I need to tap into my liquid smoke for something

Nicole January 21, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Haha ok nevermind, I guess I got impatient. It seems to have returned. :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 21, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Nicole, I found it in my spam folder and unspammed ya. ;)

EE January 21, 2010 at 8:01 pm

I join those who appreciate the beauty of those veggies.

As far as the unsweetened baking chocolate, I have had that for dessert before — I tend to find that it tastes good when I’ve got a drink of some sort (like you did) to go with it.

janetha January 21, 2010 at 8:10 pm

hahahah the alternate title made me choke on my water. happy friday!

Shari B. January 21, 2010 at 8:15 pm

Ha ha HEAbs, I mentioned The Office today too! SOOOO glad it’s back! Enjoy!

LOVE Bakers unsweetened chocolate as a snack!

prettyladycmu January 21, 2010 at 8:16 pm

what a beautiful package from Salad Girl! The hot chocolate looks awesome btw.

Jess January 21, 2010 at 8:28 pm

That chocolate looks very yummy!! I love some good dark chocolate.

Mmm, sounds like a fabulous stir fry!
<3 jess
xoxo

Jess January 21, 2010 at 8:28 pm

That chocolate looks very yummy!! I love some good dark chocolate.

Mmm, sounds like a fabulous stir fry!
<3 jess

Jess January 21, 2010 at 8:29 pm

That chocolate looks very yummy!! I love some good dark chocolate.

Mmm, sounds like a fabulous stir fry!!!
<3 jess

Jessica January 21, 2010 at 8:46 pm

His dinner looks fab! That is my kinda meal .:)

Maggie January 21, 2010 at 8:49 pm

Yayy so glad you liked it :) Let me know how the teff turns out…

Tiffany January 21, 2010 at 9:00 pm

HEABified hot chocolate in a KERF mug. Love it! And your veggie+bacon dinner has me craving brussel sprouts now! So good!

adrienmelaine January 21, 2010 at 9:01 pm

The Salad Girl Rules!

I love that yogi tea, but we don’t get all the kinds of it up here- really quite boring living in Canada- ha!

If you want to win some mary’s crackers, check out my b.log

Pure2Raw twins January 21, 2010 at 9:08 pm

All your eats look amazing! Love the avocado in the morning – how pretty! Love all the veggie action ;) I should work on my chopstick skills as well my BF is pretty good with them, me on the other hand not to much!

m i c h e l l e January 21, 2010 at 9:13 pm

Hello! Happy New Year! Just catching up on your blog and my goodness, your food pics (even the ones you think look gross) and food how-tos make me drool! The avocado sauce on the pancakes, the scrambles (I use those frozen artichoke hearts in everything!), the smoothies … Heaven!

Deb January 21, 2010 at 9:21 pm

Nom nom- we’re feeling the bacon love thanks to you Heabie- never thought I’d like bacon chocolate but man, it’s really good! :-) Thanks!
D

Danielle January 21, 2010 at 10:03 pm

What a cool package! And your dinner looks delicious :)
I kind of liked that you didn’t include calorie counts in your meals :( It’s so easy to get caught up in numbers!
But 19 grams of fiber…damnnnn ;)

Mona January 21, 2010 at 10:20 pm

Hey heather! I loved all the posts today about what you are eating!

I am so impressed that you can eat the unsweetened chocolate :) I can go up to about 80% dark but thats it haha maybe I am just a sugar wimp

those roasted veggies look awesome!

caronae January 21, 2010 at 10:23 pm

Now I want some bacon! With maple syrup. Or veggies, HEAB style :)

eatmovelove January 22, 2010 at 6:52 am

You need the extra energy girl – when your hungry you body needs fuel :) Cereal = good! …oh and brussell sprouts and bacon are so under-rated no?!

livingfreeforever January 22, 2010 at 6:58 am

I have been craving cereal like MAD lately!! It’s probably a good thing I don’t have any and I can’t get to the store because we are covered in ICE! I may have to break down and have some gluten free oats for breakfast.

Your dinner looks yummy. I used to hate bacon, but had some recently that wasn’t bad. I LOVE all the veggies you mixed together :)

Veggiesmack January 22, 2010 at 7:31 am

Yum! Such yummy looking veggies!

JENNA January 22, 2010 at 8:39 am

bacon and brussel sprouts = match made in heaven! :) mmmmmmmm

alli January 22, 2010 at 9:27 am

lol: I ♥ CD’s Pork! haha!

by the way, you’re my kind of gal! brussel sprouts, the office and trader joes high fiber cereal! yum!
for our halloween party i made fudge babies with that cereal added to them and called them “spider legs”. they were tasty! :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) January 22, 2010 at 9:29 am

yummmmmmmmmm :) i love bacon…and brussel sprouts :)

Gena January 22, 2010 at 10:08 am

It depresses me that the word “ashtray” still makes me perk up and think, “cigarette?!” followed by “no, Gena, no!” Sigh. One day.

Your HEABified hot chocolate looks lovely :)

Heather January 22, 2010 at 12:18 pm

What a sweet care package :)

Diana (Soap & Chocolate) January 22, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Haha, thanks for the clarification re: your ashtrayImeanbowl. Now that I know the real purposes of the dents, I would love to have a bowl like that! How genius to have a place to set your chopsticks! Believe me, there are few things more annoying than setting down your chopsticks and having them roll away. Sometimes one even jumps off the table once it gets going. No good! Sounds like I need me some ashtray-bowls like yours. :)

marlameridith January 22, 2010 at 3:40 pm

I love the sprouts and bacon. A little bacon goes a loooonggg way as far as flavor goes!

Bekah January 25, 2010 at 9:49 am

Sometimes there is nothing better than real bacon. I think all foodies understand this.