Classic Sunday Breakfast HEAB Style

by HEAB on January 24, 2010

First off, check out the search engine terms people used to find my blog the other day…the last one is my favorite. I don’t know whether to be ashamed or proud.

201001241303.jpg

Nice, huh? Hey piece of ass googler, if you’re out there, welcome to HEAB. I’m sure my blog is just what you had in mind. ;)

Edited to Add: Reader DouglasH found the Piece of Ass post. Hehe – thanks Douglas, I remember that one now.

It’s Sunday, and you know what that means…

Time for pancakes!!! I was not hungry at all when I woke up which is very usual. So, instead of making breakfast, I opted for coffee with cream while chatting with my friend Cherie over at the Frothy Monkey. However, when I arrived home around noon, I was ready for some food, like a lot of food. So, not only did I make coconut flour pancakes, but I whipped up a side of bacon and eggs as well.

I hate to admit this, but when I make protein pancakes, I usually throw the egg yolks away. So wasteful, I know, but today I did not waste. Instead, I threw 2 of them into the skillet (OK, so I wasted one) with a strip of bacon, spinach, half a red onion, and some sliced mushrooms. I topped my pancakes with ghee and maple syrup. The perfect Sunday morning lunch breakfast if you ask me!

What is your favorite weekend breakfast?

homecookedem January 24, 2010 at 1:27 pm

Hahahahahahahahaha!! That is hilarious!! :) I haven’t checked mine awhile, need to do that! ;)

Your pancakes look deeeeelish as usual!! My fave weekend breakfast are pancakes also!! Love, love, love!!!!

psychoj1 January 24, 2010 at 1:28 pm

That breakfast does sound perfect! My favorite weekend breakfast would have to be oats in a jar!!

Kelly January 24, 2010 at 1:30 pm

My weekends breakfast is always pancakes too!! LOVE IT!! Nothing better than pancake sundays!

Mae (OhhMay.Wordpress) January 24, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Ahahaha I love the search term. I wonder what directed that search to HEAB??!! :-P

Egg yolk scramble and egg white pancakes look delicious!! I wanted to make waffles this morning but we were in the middle of a kitchen overhaul!!
Have an awesome day Miss Heather!!

Mae

Mama Pea January 24, 2010 at 1:32 pm

I bet whoever googled “piece of ass” was thrilled to find just what he was looking for :)

I’ve got some doozies myself including, “topless diaper changing,” “tickling on steroids,” and “piss ballerinas.” Pretty much how I would describe my blog to a stranger. ;)

Jasmine @ Eat Move Write January 24, 2010 at 1:40 pm

My favorite weekend breakfast includes eggs. I love them (the real kind, not egg beaters or whites), but I try to limit them to the weekend. LOVE it.

That search term is hilarious lol… Wow.

pen January 24, 2010 at 1:46 pm

I had a few days where “poo” and “porta potties” were the top search terms leading people to my blog. always made me laugh.

N.D. January 24, 2010 at 1:49 pm

I made pancakes today in your honor but I think I need a HEAB visit because my creations are lacking. I am such an egg waster – but the good thing is, babies can only eat egg YOLKS so we can use them for him now :)

Lara (Thinspired) January 24, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Oh I love it! I bet it was that shot of you wearing the new Luluemon pants that was brought up in the results? Freaky that I remember that.

BTW–got some stevia samples of the liquid stevia you love. Hazelnut and chocolate…so far they are so useful! Used them this morning in oatmeal and omitted maple syrup in my oats for the first time in a long time!

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 24, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Lara, Yes, I bet it the Lululemon post. Ha ha, so funny! How were your oats?

Allie (Protein Girl) January 24, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Dude, I just choked when I read that. Literally strained my epiglottis! I had a yummy veggie omelet, green tea latte (almond milk of course) and a pumpkin seed crisp cracker lathered in almond butter. Oooooooooh.

Btw, googling “piece of ass” is how I originally found myself on Heather Eats Almond Butter too!

Kristen January 24, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Love the piece of ass!

Someone arrived at my blog by searching for “home made pone movies.”

Kaysie Campbell January 24, 2010 at 2:04 pm

well I’m laughing my ‘piece’ off :)

abbynormally January 24, 2010 at 2:10 pm

that is sooo funny! I like to check to see what people search, but none have been that interesting so far!

Cherie January 24, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Oh my gosh! Google is awesome. “piece of ass” – that’s sooooo funny!

candice January 24, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Haha! That made me laugh out loud for real. ;) Who googles random stuff like that anyway?!

Breakfast looks scrrrumptious. :) How does ghee taste compared to butter? More concentrated?

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 24, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Candice, Yes, more concentrated. That’s a really good way to describe ghee…not as creamy.

Jenny R. January 24, 2010 at 2:16 pm

haha piece of ass! amazing

AshB January 24, 2010 at 2:20 pm

i always throw away the yolks!

Heather January 24, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Still oats on weekends :)

caronae January 24, 2010 at 3:01 pm

My perfect weekend brekfast appeared today! Sunny side up eggs, a warm pumpkin muffin, and fresh fruit. But yours sounds pretty darn good too!

Mara @ What's for Dinner? January 24, 2010 at 3:03 pm

HA! Awesome!!!
I did 2 eggs and potatoes for breakfast, and it totally hit the spot… pancakes make too much of a mess in my house :)

missyrayn January 24, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Search terms always have me laughing. Mine are random too…but that is just off the wall.

My favorite Weekend breakfast is a Florentine Omelette. I love them at diners on Saturday morning.

Gracie January 24, 2010 at 3:09 pm

LOL @ “piece of ass!” Any idea how that happened??

My favorite weekend (well, Saturday) breakfast would also have to be pancakes; whole wheat with banana and dark chocolate chips =) *But* on Sunday brunches (we go as a family after church) I always order a western egg white omelet with provolone cheese. So. good! I’d actually pass up pancakes for it!

EE January 24, 2010 at 3:11 pm

What can I say . . . the Internet is a scary place sometimes (hence why I’m writing about it for law review!). Yeeks.

My favorite weekend breakfast is some kind of savory homemade pancake dish — recently I put parsnips on my pancakes, though, and that was great.

DouglasH January 24, 2010 at 3:13 pm

hmm that was fun. that person had more fun looking in search results. I was on page 10 and still didn’t pull up heab. So I cheated and added heab to the end. Seems google finds that search term in relation to this post http://heathereatsalmondbutter.com/2009/05/23/carb-on-carb-action/ ok. got to get 3 hours of sleep before work night…

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 24, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Haha – thanks Douglas. Just edited to add your discovery to today’s post. Too funny!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) January 24, 2010 at 3:18 pm

That’s funny! I can’t tell you how many times I have googled something food related and ended up with gross urban dictionary terms…YUCK! Looks like a nice Sunday morning!

Marisa (Loser for Life) January 24, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Hahahha! That is great! Much better than my last set of terms which included “perimonopause”. I guess that’s a precursor to “mono” – LOL!

Amy January 24, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Have you tried making chickpea pancakes? You just mix a 1-to-1 ratio of chickpea flour to water, and then add in whatever fresh herbs, spices, bits of veggies, sesame seeds, etc. They’re really good with some chutney, and have a decent amount of protein in them from the flour.

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 24, 2010 at 4:44 pm

Amy, No, I have never tried chickpea pancakes, but all your savor ideas sound amazing!

Julie @ Pickley Pear January 24, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Weekend breakfasts for me are no different than any other day! Your pancakes look and sound delish!!

faith in food January 24, 2010 at 3:44 pm

DOH! sorry that was totally me, they must have left out “CD’s hot ‘piece of a**”….JK!!!! :p
(um, do your parent’s read the comments)…..
i have been away from the computer forever my friend! life just has not stopped getting crazy. you have been living it up and make me want to try and eat an entire kombocha!!!! *hugs*

Emily January 24, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Hahahah that is hilarious! I love it!

Send those yolks to me! ;) Creme brulee. Mmm.

Rose January 24, 2010 at 3:49 pm

Someone in DC is rolling in laughter.

Cindy January 24, 2010 at 4:10 pm

OH MY GOSH that is funny, in a creepy kinda way.

YUP, we’re Pancake Sundays around here too. Mine weren’t that healthy today…some days my guys just need crappy ole pancakes.

(but I topped them with berries, and whipped cream I made myself~)
Mine were great!
Happy Sunday.

Susan January 24, 2010 at 4:24 pm

Bahaha, even better was that the “piece of ass” search got you TWO page views!!! I did a post over the summer where i mentioned not liking tight workout shorts, and now I get tons of “girls in tight shorts” searches. Ugh ugh.

Gorgeous looking pancakes!! Strangely, I love making epic bowls of oats on the weekends. I’m faster at making waffles and pancakes throughout the week, it’s nice to have the time to let oats simmer on the stove on the weekends :)

the dainty pig January 24, 2010 at 4:28 pm

hahaha….oh dear….piece of ass? I say be proud! haha.
And fav weekend breakfast? Definitely pancakes handsdown. Nothing makes a better sunday morning breakfast/lunch.

Reigne January 24, 2010 at 4:35 pm

Mwahahahahahah. Reading that, has not only caused me to choke, but has triggered me to go and search “piece of ass” on Google, and see what I find… (Donkey kissing his ass… Piece of ass on a stick served at a restaurant…) Expect plenty of “piece of ass” Googlers in the future… ;)

Yummy lookin breakky there. Nothing beats (a much healthier version of) the good ol’ fry-up.
:) Reigne

Sarah January 24, 2010 at 4:41 pm

YUMMY! I’ve never seen coconut flour before but now I have something to try.

PS I love chia seeds in my oats :0) They give it such a fantastic texture-I will never eat ready made oatmeal packets again!!

adantatslife January 24, 2010 at 4:47 pm

hahaha you should be proud! HEAB is hot and CD is one lucky guy. ;)

Mona January 24, 2010 at 5:10 pm

Haha funny post today! Every other saturday I go with friends to this Middle eastern restaurant called Habibi and we get falafel sandwiches! So I guess that would be my favorite weekend meal. I <3 FALAFEL!

Candice January 24, 2010 at 5:17 pm

What a funny post! And your pancakes look great.

Thanks so much for emailing the info about yoga. I didn’t even think to ask for help, but it was so helpful! I already checked out Polly’s site, and I definitely plan to do one of her videos this week. That was so sweet of you!

Jessica January 24, 2010 at 5:31 pm

Hahahah I get the wackiest search terms, too. Today I got ‘how can I pretend to be a vegetarian.’ What???

Katie January 24, 2010 at 5:35 pm

Awesome! That is a huge compliment coming from Google!

My weekend breakfasts are the same as my weekday; egg scrambles or pancakes or oats. I work from home, so I always make time for the goods. Although today I cross country skiied through breakfast. So I had an egg scramble for lunch! Have you tried nutritional yeast in your scrambles? I am addicted; add a tablespoon or two after everything is cooked, and they get really creamy.

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 24, 2010 at 6:01 pm

Katie, So funny as I am eating nutritional yeast right now on some veggies. Will try it eggs tomorrow!

Melanie January 24, 2010 at 5:54 pm

I’ve finally made peace with the wastefulness of throwing the yolks away…I look at it from a frugal standpoint….I can pay 3 or 4 bucks for a carton of “egg whites,” that’ll only have maybe a dozen egg whites or so (maybe up to 20), or I can pay 3 bucks for 30 eggs and have 30 whites and yolks if I want them. From a bank account standpoint, buying regular eggs and tossing the yolks is the answer. And I always like to feel a little badass because I don’t need to use an egg separator like my husband;).

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 24, 2010 at 6:02 pm

Melanie, Well than I am a badass too. I did not even know they made egg separators!

Erica January 24, 2010 at 5:58 pm

hahahha the fact that people search for piece of ass period is hilarious. Great lunchy. I think my favorite weekend breakfast is an egg and tortilla roll up

Ashlei January 24, 2010 at 6:09 pm

Lmao – that just made my day! Thanks HEAB :D

nicolegodiva January 24, 2010 at 6:14 pm

Hello Heather! Fantastic looking breakfast! I am interested in how your body is handling the lactose. I have been wanting to aid cow dairy back into my diet via raw dairy but we can’t buy raw milk in MN. I am going to try to get some from a farmer however…

I have been drinking goat’s milk kefir in hopes of being able to eventually drink cow’s milk kefir. We will see. Have you experimented with this?? It has really helped to balance out my body and reduce sugar cravings.

I also wanted to tell you that you should check out my friend Anthony’s blog. He talks a lot about eating full fat dairy and has been experimenting with blending eggs (raw) with full fat cream in smoothies. Thought you might be interested. Check out this post: http://rawmodelcom.blogspot.com/2010/01/fatisfiedsoooo-fatisfied.html

His blog is just really informative in general.

Lemme know what you think! It’s awesome that you allow yourself to make adjustments in your diet and experiment without getting attached to labels, etc. = )

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 24, 2010 at 6:40 pm

Nicole, Your friend’s blog is fascinating, and I think he makes some really good points as far as animal fats are concerned. In fact, I think I shall try his egg-cream smoothie tomorrow morning.

So far so good with the cream and ghee. No problems whatsoever, but they are both very low in lactose. I’ve seen the goat’s milk kefir at Whole Foods, and I’ve been tempted to try it. If it would help reduce my sugar cravings, then I’m all for it, but I think it would also help a lot if I cut back on the stevia. I know it only exacerbates my sweet tooth.

We can’t buy raw milk here in TN either…I cannot find raw cream anywhere. :(

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 24, 2010 at 6:32 pm

As a blogger blog, I dont have access to those lovely search inside-scoops. Wish i did!

Coconut flour pancakes…I made some in your honor today and I linked back to this recipe (the one you linked to in today’s post) and although I didnt make that recipe, I did use coconut flour :)

your pancakes look great, you hot piece of almond butter, you :)

eaternotarunner January 24, 2010 at 7:19 pm

Haha that is toooo funny!

Nicole January 24, 2010 at 7:24 pm

Piece of ass…another post that made me laugh out loud!
I made some pancakes this morning and it was a major fail. I tried to make the batter last night to save me some time but apparently it was a bad idea.
I bought a different kind of flax seed (Arrowhead Mills I think) and I find that I can’t use them at all in my oats or anything with liquids bc they coagulate and make that weird eggy texture. I usually use Trader Joe’s golden flax and never had that problem. I didn’t think that buying a different kind would make a difference. So I used the flax/water to replace the eggs in my batter and I really think that is what screwed it up. It pissed me off too because I had to throw my pancakes out and I used up the last of my almond flour to make them. Bummer.
Have a great night :)

Katie@ Two Lives, One Lifestyle January 24, 2010 at 7:52 pm

HAHA! I just started noticing the search terms that have led people to my blog and it is SO weird sometimes! That’s a great one though :) .

Becky January 24, 2010 at 7:57 pm

This seriously almost lead to water being strayed all over my laptop! I totally needed that kind of laugh today. Thank you!

Kate January 24, 2010 at 8:22 pm

is coconut flour the really finely shredded unsweetened coconut? i don’t think i’ve seen it before.

someone found my blog by searching “peed in my pants.” wtf?!

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 25, 2010 at 7:33 am
Vicki January 24, 2010 at 8:33 pm

YOU are too funny! Thanks for making me laugh tonight! :-)

thewhatkateateblog January 24, 2010 at 8:43 pm

haha that is too funny! i especially like douglas’ referrence to the squash butt!

Jessica @ Fit & Clean January 24, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Oh my goodness. That is funny! I don’t get a lot of strange search terms leading to mine, but you’ve got a huge following :) I don’t really have a favorite weekend breakfast, but I try to make my 3 kids pancakes every Saturday, and I use Bob’s Red Mill 7 grain pancake mix. I am trying to lay off of my nuts a bit, and was wondering if you had any good ideas for snacks? I’m stymied, I didn’t realize how much nuts and nut butters I was actually eating…I caloried out my calories and my fat was astronomical! I needed more protein and carbs, too. So hard to find a balance!

Heather Eats Almond Butter January 25, 2010 at 7:38 am

Jessica, As far as snacks go, I try to fill mine with fat since fat keeps me full. You could do string cheese, veggies with hummus, I used to love cutting open bananas and filling them with 1 Laughing Cow cheese wedge and a few carob chips, and warming in the toaster oven until everything melts, Greek yogurt, a small baked sweet potato plain or with coconut butter, smoothies…so many possibilities.

Maggie January 24, 2010 at 9:28 pm

Ooo ghee! My dad makes his own (clarified butter). He uses it to cook pancakes and things because it doesn’t burn like butter does.

We’ll have to figure out a time to chat this week… what days are good for you? I’m actually up for chatting later at night if that’s good with you – I do stay up late so that might work with the time difference.

Heather (Heather's Dish) January 25, 2010 at 12:10 am

that is absolutely hysterical! made my night :)

Deb January 25, 2010 at 1:07 am

You are one hot piece of ass and I mean that sincerely.

I wish Blogger would let us have fun tools like search engine stuff. I do have google analytics so maybe I just need to get on that. Oh dear I wonder what I would come up with!

Nom on the pancakes. I waste the yolks too. And I do know that there are starving kids in africa, so I feel badly about it. But it is what it is.

Alyson January 25, 2010 at 3:03 am

My weekends are usually not much different from the weekdays, which is great.. but lately I’ve been feeling the need to mix it up a bit. Will be pulling out the tagged recipes & cookbooks for next weekend’s culinary adventures!

Tamizn January 25, 2010 at 4:18 am

Ha ha thats pretty funny! I finally have my hands on a vita mix, nut butters here I come! x x

Rayna Mazer January 25, 2010 at 6:57 am

I love Sunday morning eggs with Kevin except he makes them “Megas” style !! Which means
he whips up the eggs, milk, salt and pepper and some spinach – BUT then adds some thinly sliced
flour tortilla strips to the batter! So when it cooks the flour tortillas soften and turn the same color
as the eggs but gives it a bit more substance -mmmmm soooooo yummmmy:)

fitandfortysomething January 25, 2010 at 7:58 am

pancakes or oatmeal! what a funny story-piece of ass! hee hee…….

Veggiesmack January 25, 2010 at 9:04 am

My favorite weekend breakfast is tofu scramble, which I almost never make. Breakfast tacos top the list, too.

Carolyn January 25, 2010 at 9:34 am

I think my favorite breakfast lately has got to be a big pile of scrambled Egg (beaters), tons of cooked, sliced, portabella mushrooms, ff cheese and a sliced up and grilled TJ’s tomato basil chicken sausage.. Such a great combo… You know i eat “FF” food than some …but it works for me… :-)

Hope you are having a great day…

Sagan January 25, 2010 at 10:35 am

Bwhahaha that’s awesome.

I love pancakes! My favourite breakfast is a poached egg on toast, though :)

Sweet and Fit January 25, 2010 at 11:59 am

haha this is too funny!

my weekend breakfast doesnt really differ too much from my weekday breakfast, so i would have to say protein oats =)

Diana (Soap & Chocolate) January 25, 2010 at 1:14 pm

That is a riot! And after all those very logical search terms, too. Actually, I’m sure those two “piece of ass” googlings were just CD when he couldn’t remember your URL. ;)

JJ January 25, 2010 at 1:37 pm

heather, it’s jj again. “long-time-reader-second-time-commenter.”

in honor of you and my inane desire to have an organized food cabinet, i made almond butter today! and it’s delicious!

check out the story about it in my blog, if you please.
gkboarder12.blogspot.com

Holly January 25, 2010 at 4:07 pm

my most recently awesome searchs term are: greek boobies, babypoop and poop that is not normal in a 6 month old. so i am not sure how to feel about all that.

LOVE your breakfast! it looks spectacular!

Rachel January 26, 2010 at 8:35 am

ROFL @ “piece of ass” I love seeing how people get to my blog.

{ 2 trackbacks }