Looks Can Be Deceiving

by HEAB on February 6, 2010

I am so so SO sorry for what I’m about to show you…but it must be done.

OK, any guesses??? Ha ha, never mind. I don’t even want to hear what you think might be in that bowl. So, I shall tell you. Mae insisted that I try her squash protein cheesecake ice-cream with chocolate. So, I slow roasted some kabocha in the oven, and then pureed it in my food processor with a 1 TBSP Hershey’s dark chocolate cocoa powder, 1 packet of stevia, cinnamon, and 1/2 TBSP nutritional yeast. I know it doesn’t look like much, but it tasted amazing. My topping was a big blob of full fat whipped cream cheese. Still experimenting with full fat dairy…oh my gosh, I love cream cheese!

I ate this hours ago, and I am still so full…Full and sore! After yoga everyday this week, I’m slowly getting back into my yoga groove. I forgot how much a vinyasa class works your arms, and my hamstrings are so sore that it hurt to bend over and tie my shoes. Again, for any of you out there who don’t think yoga is a great full body workout…trust me, it is. I’m taking today and tomorrow off and letting my body rest.

Before I go, look who I finally got to meet yesterday…

My favorite Mizfit was in Nashville for a conference, and we got to hang out for a little while. More about our encounter soon. ;)

Any big Super Bowl plans? I actually have a continuing education class for massage therapy all day tomorrow, but I’m hoping to get home in time for kick-off.

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday, and if my bowl above totally grossed you out, please click here to blame Mae. :)

Annabel @ www.FeedMeImCranky.com February 6, 2010 at 3:21 pm

aww! you got to meet Mizfit! I hope i get to meet both of you some day!

Evan Thomas February 6, 2010 at 3:21 pm

Haha. I think I’d be disappointed not to be a bit confused or disgusted ever

eatmovelove February 6, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Nah – anything that resembles chocolate can’t be gross!….well…there are the obvious limits of course…okay, now I’m grossed out …

Great meeting! And, I love that scarf you wear – it really just suits YOU!

Jessica February 6, 2010 at 3:40 pm

That squash DOES look good – it looks like a chocolate peanut butter creation – you had me fooled!

Tiffany February 6, 2010 at 3:45 pm

It sounds really good! At first I thought it was black beans, though. I’ll be it tasted awesome! And yay you got to meet MizFit! I love her too!

Mara @ What's for Dinner? February 6, 2010 at 3:47 pm

AAAH TWO OF MY FAVORITE PEOPLE IN ONE PLACE!!!! I’m so so so jealous you two got to hang out…
the ice cream looks to die for. I want :)

Gracie February 6, 2010 at 3:49 pm

It didn’t gross me out at all! I actually thought it was a brownie topped with vanilla ice cream!

Ameena February 6, 2010 at 3:54 pm

This looks like the most amazing dessert ever! I too thought it was a brownie with vanilla ice cream.

Your scarf totally suits you!

Claire February 6, 2010 at 4:17 pm

Looks like Chocolate Fudge cake..I’ll have to try it! And Whipped cream cheese…did you whip it yourself?

Heather Eats Almond Butter February 6, 2010 at 4:22 pm

Claire, Nope, I bought a tub of whipped cream cheese at Trader Joe’s, but you can buy the Philadelphia brand whipped cream cheese at any grocery store.

RunToTheFinish February 6, 2010 at 4:20 pm

oh now that is a rock awesome dessert and YEAHH MizFit!

Heather Eats Almond Butter February 6, 2010 at 4:23 pm

RunToTheFinish, It wasn’t dessert. It was my lunch. Haha – too full for a dessert!

Kimberly February 6, 2010 at 4:44 pm

I thought that was cake and ice cream but I knew better :) I totally agree about the yoga. I did a 75 minute yoga DVD the other day that kicked my tail!!

workoutwarrior February 6, 2010 at 5:03 pm

Full fat cream cheese alone sounds delicious!!! P.S. I love you scarf!

Heather Eats Almond Butter February 6, 2010 at 5:11 pm

That workoutwarrior. The scarf is from REI.

eaternotarunner February 6, 2010 at 5:05 pm

I think it looks good! And I’m with you, sometimes yoga makes me soooo sure (in a good way) :-)

Melanie February 6, 2010 at 5:07 pm

Protein Ice Cream Picture = the literalization of the phrase, “It’s like putting whipped cream on a terd.” ;)

Heather Eats Almond Butter February 6, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Melanie, At least it didn’t taste like a terd! ;)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) February 6, 2010 at 5:13 pm

great meetup and enjoy your all day massage therapy class…so fun to do things that fuel and feed our passions :)
and yes, yoga is a “real workout”…I cant believe people still think it’s not. They need to come to one of the classes I teach :)

Mallory February 6, 2010 at 5:15 pm

yum that looks awesome!

how much squash did you have in the mix?? because.. well.. a kabocha is looking at me and i’m feeling a HEAB recreation coming on…

Heather Eats Almond Butter February 6, 2010 at 6:16 pm

Mallory, I used about 3/4 of a medium sized squash, and it was way too much. My stomach almost exploded, but it was so good that I couldn’t stop eating it. My “I’m full” switch is apparently broken. :)

tosha25italia February 6, 2010 at 5:31 pm

I Love cream cheese! I made my son’s birthday muffin with icing out of cream cheese and peanut butter w a dash of agave nectar. It was so good. I have to get back into yoga – it is such a great workout!

Miz February 6, 2010 at 5:42 pm

Love the pic!!
Can’t open mine yet (need computer ;) ).

Adored meeting you in person, Heather.

Katie February 6, 2010 at 6:06 pm

Anything with kabocha won’t be gross. How’s the dairy experimenting going? I’ve often wondered about ghee, myself.

Heather Eats Almond Butter February 6, 2010 at 6:17 pm

Katie, No problems whatsoever with the heavy cream, butter, or ghee. The cream cheese is something new. Loving it thus far, and no issues yet.

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) February 6, 2010 at 6:08 pm

What fun to meet HER!! WOWee!

And your bowl looks great but what got me was that you were full for hours. Have a wonderful afternoon!

Carbzilla February 6, 2010 at 6:35 pm

I’ve learned not to be grossed out by chocolatey creamy blobs on blogs (hello raw avo/choc/banana pudding). Holy yum!

Mish February 6, 2010 at 6:55 pm

what about adding peanut or almond butter to it?

Heather Eats Almond Butter February 6, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Mish, I’m sure nut butter would be delicious, but I was craving that beautiful cream cheese on top of my chocolate cheesecake bomb. :)

EE February 6, 2010 at 7:02 pm

Heather, I thought you would appreciate that when I was buying tahini at a new grocery store in our area, I asked where it was. The clerk, very flustered, asked me if it was a “health food drink.” ;)

Heather Eats Almond Butter February 6, 2010 at 7:17 pm

EE, Haha – love it. People at my grocery store usually never know what I’m talking about…guar wha????

thedelishdish February 6, 2010 at 7:54 pm

ive been doing tons of yoga and can relate to the soreness :) therefore getting a massage instead of superbowl tomorrow! and the kabocha dessert looks cool…plus anything with cream cheese is amazing!

Katie@ Two Lives, One Lifestyle February 6, 2010 at 8:04 pm

I was just telling my boyfriend that I’m getting really hungry from looking at all the blogs and he walked over as I pulled up that picture. His reaction was pretty funny and I don’t think I’ll be able to convince him to try this… sounds good to me though! :-P

Marla (Family Fresh Cooking) February 6, 2010 at 8:59 pm

No, you didn’t gross me out at all with that photo. I figured you had something good coming our way. Just left the market and bought nutritional yeast ’cause you guys use it all the time. Perhaps I’ll make this Choco cheese cakey thing. U look so great in this photo! Healthy and bright :) . Cream cheese is good stuff isn’t it!

Michelle February 6, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Oohhhh Heabers, how could you think your cocoa creations look gross?? That honestly looks delicious to me…just wish I could taste it through the screen. :)

P.s. Come check out my $50 safeway giftcard giveaway!! Everyone needs some extra grocery money! :)

charlotte February 6, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Aieee! You got to meet MizFit! I’m so jealous – I’d love to meet both of you! Plus I heard there were sardines involved and I love me a good sardine:)

And the Kabocha “turd” actually looks pretty good to me! I’d eat it!

the vegster February 6, 2010 at 9:45 pm

I was going to guess it was a brownie with whipped cream! It looks fabulous though :)

Ashlei

missyrayn February 6, 2010 at 9:51 pm

You had me fooled with that picture. But still sounds yummy after you explain what it is. :-)

ilanalala February 6, 2010 at 10:29 pm

loving that scarf! and that looks awesome and delish

Mama Pea February 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

You are apologizing for that gorgeous bowl?! It sounds heavenly. I could get all over this chocolate kabocha action!

Could Mizfit’s arms get any more incredible? Seriously. Did you poke your eye out on her biceps?!?

Heather Eats Almond Butter February 7, 2010 at 6:50 am

Mama Pea, We met up in her hotel lobby, and I recognized Mizfit by her arms. Amazing!

Katie February 7, 2010 at 12:32 am

I might just have to try that squash concoction. ;) I wonder if another type of squash would work just as well?

Susan February 7, 2010 at 7:39 am

Eeee!! I think I saw Miz tweet about a podcast? So exciting to see (or hear) what two of my fave bloggers were up to :)

Full fat whipped cream cheese sounds heavenly!

Michal February 7, 2010 at 8:27 am

I am going to have to try that combo for sure. Thats proof that looks can be decieving ;)

justine February 7, 2010 at 8:53 am

Heabers Angel, I am so making that! I have all the ingredients. My Kroger just happened to have some kabocha so you know I snagged it even though I have like a 5lb. butternut squash that I still need to eat :) . I am not convinced of a full body workout from yoga (almost wrote yogurt, hehe)!!! You must take me to yoga with you!!!!! Could we do that also on Wed? Hope you had a good weekend.

Justine

Heather Eats Almond Butter February 7, 2010 at 6:06 pm

Justine, I got your comment. Yes, we can do yoga, but only if we switch our date to Thursday. We could do 10:15 yoga class (it would be free for you) followed by lunch and then massage. How does that sound? And yes, I saw some kabocha at the Green Hills Kroger, Glad yours has them as well!

Michelle February 7, 2010 at 10:20 am

Ok, I LOOOOVE nutritional yeast and I LOOOOVE chocolate: never, ever thought the two would taste good together?! I might have to try this one out of sheer curiosity …

carolinebee February 9, 2010 at 4:26 pm

AWW one ugly ass bowl of food and two BEAUTIFUL ladiieesss :D :D

Heather Eats Almond Butter February 9, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Carolinebee, Hahaha. Yes, looked like ass, but tasted like heaven. :)

Bekah February 17, 2010 at 7:00 am

Gaaah dark cocoa kabocha squash ice cream. HEAB- you’re killing me! I want it.
I think the CIA should introduce a new class.. Blogger Food 101. :)

{ 2 trackbacks }