I'm Still HEAB

by HEAB on March 1, 2010

Almond butter does and will always hold a special place in my heart, and this is my current favorite…

Both Monica and reader Carolyn recommended I try Trader Joe’s Almond Butter with Flaxseeds. I was a bit hesitant as I prefer plain almond butter without salt. However, when the folks at TJ’s offered to give me some for free since they had none stocked on the shelf (I’d ask them about it, and they had to go down to the inventory room to find some), how could I resist? Oh my gosh, it’s so good and crunchy and yummy. LOVE! Have you tried it?

I’ve been eating it for the past few nights on hot cereal, as sometimes, all I want for dinner is a big bowl of warm carbs. Let’s see, this bowl contained chocolate teff porridge with 1 TBSP Artisana raw coconut butter stirred in and topped with TJ’s almond butter….

Last night, I ate an almost overflowing bowl of chocolate coconut chia oat bran with almond butter…

I cooked 1/2 cup oat bran with 1 cup water and a pinch of salt. When it was done cooking, I poured in one box of Vita Coco plain coconut water, 2 TBSP ground up chia seeds (I grind them in the Bullet. I grind the seeds b/c I don’t like how they form into little gelatinous balls when left whole.), 1 TBSP cocoa powder, and a few drops of vanilla. I let it thicken for 30 minutes and then topped with almond butter. It was a bit too thin for me as I prefer super thick oat bran, but still good.

Do you fear carbs at night? Is it because you’ve always been told that carbs should be off limits later in the day, or is it because you actually gain weight if you eat them after a certain hour? Thankfully, I’ve never had a problem with weight gain if I eat carbs in the evening, and I love how they keep me full and help me sleep. Right Sarena? ;)

After last Monday’s green smoothie day, I felt so good and refreshed. Think I might do the same thing today. Off to chop up an avocado. Enjoy your day!

Carolyn March 1, 2010 at 8:25 am

Every time i see your bowls of teff i have a flashback to Malt-o-meal.. hehehe.. LOVE that nut buttah…

I am coming closer and closer to embracing hot cereal

currently still obsessed with chia PB2 jargurt.. can’t stop…

Have a great day HEABS… It’s a BDITN!!

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 1, 2010 at 9:07 am

Carolyn, OK, I give up…what’s BDITN? :)

fartygirl March 1, 2010 at 8:30 am

I’ve been wanting to try the TJ’s almond butter and flax! But I’m so anti-roasted nut butters. You may have convinced me. :) That and because they are on sale right now. :)

Meg Telpner says eat until you are 70% full. Carbs feel different in the body at different times. If I eat carbs at lunch, I feel 1000000% full. But by dinner, they work. I need them. If I eat only a salad for dinner, then I’m up at midnight, starving.

Gotta listen to the body, and do what it says!

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 1, 2010 at 9:09 am

Farty, I’m the same way. Carbs satiate me at night…can’t seem to sleep well without them.

musingsofthegranolagirl March 1, 2010 at 8:31 am

I’ve never had almond butter before,

are there any other brands you recommend? & what’s better, raw vs. roasted?

That dessert looks so indulgent :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 1, 2010 at 9:11 am

Musings, Oh my goodness, you must find yourself some almond butter soon my friend! I’m a roasted crunchy unsalted kind of gal, and I love the Trader Joe’s brand and Whole Food’s 365 brand. Raw is good too – I love them all, but for me, the roasted variety has a richer flavor, and it’s almost less sweet than raw almond butter. Plus, it’s usually cheaper. :) Try it!

missy March 1, 2010 at 8:44 am

Pretty please post the teff recipe for choc cereal…I bought some yesterday upon your recommendation and don’t ahve a clue what to do…until now:)

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 1, 2010 at 9:15 am

Missy, For the teff porridge, I cooked 1/2 cup teff with 2 cups water & a pinch of Celtic sea salt on the stove-top. I brought it to a boil, and then reduced to the heat to low, covered my pot, and let it simmer for about 18 minutes, stirring occasionally. When most of the water had been absorbed, I stirred in 1 TBSP of cocoa powder, 1 TBSP coconut butter and a few drops of maple extract. The coconut butter sweetened the bowl enough for me, but you may want to add a bit of stevia or maple syrup. Let me know if you try it. :)

dailygoods March 1, 2010 at 8:47 am

Heath, I bought some coconut butter and had it on chia seed pancakes today. OMG its got a natural sweetness and flavor that is amazing. I’M HOOKED :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 1, 2010 at 9:04 am

Daily, I know, so good, right? Happy to hear you’re hooked. Me too. :)

Jenn March 1, 2010 at 8:49 am

I don’t “fear” carbs at night and most of the time I eat them.

HOWEVER, if I am leaning out for a competition I will “carb cycle” so a few days I week I will only have vegetables (a lot of them) and protein after 3 pm. If I am consistent this will HELP me get where I want to be for competition. Since I only do small amateur competitions I don’t need to get as lean as girls in the bigger shows. I like carb cycling because it keeps a competition food plan/prep interesting and it keeps my metabolism churning.

I will admit for a few weeks after a show I get anxious and fearful of carbs at night because cutting them out does help me drop weight. I can’t say they cause me to gain weight but they certainly don’t help me lose it when that is my goal. I consider myself very carb sensitive which is common for my body type, which is mostly endomorph. I have to WORK hard to not gain fat and be consistent. But after a few weeks I come to terms with that I don’t want to work that hard maintain the leanness that I achieved so I find a happy place in the middle. I realize I really do like pizza with tons of cheese. ;-) So I want carbs at night I have them. If not then I skip them.

Lately after two years of ZERO desserts I finally added homemade natural sugar desserts back into my diet. Eating ice cream at night was quite EVENT for me. One that didn’t take too long to learn to enjoy! ;-)

That almond butter looks great. I’ve seen it many times at TJ’s but always afraid it would taste fishy (Flax stuff sometimes tastes fishy to me.) and I didn’t want to ruin the pure ecstasy of almond butter. ;-)

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 1, 2010 at 9:17 am

Jenn, I can’t wait to read more about your fitness competitions. That kind of stuff intrigues me.

Try the TJ’s almond butter. It’s definitely heavy on the almonds, not the flax, and I think you would love it. :)

Jessica @ How Sweet March 1, 2010 at 9:26 am

I have never feared carbs but have cycled them when training for competitions. I really have GOOD reactions to carbs, actually, and find my weight to drop! I unfortunately do not like almond butter! I was so sad to learn that. I do KINDA like Barney Butter, but I can’t get into the others.

Evan Thomas March 1, 2010 at 9:27 am

I’m just not a fan of the new TJ almond butter. I like the plain with sea salt best. i think the crunchy flax throws me off

eaternotarunner March 1, 2010 at 9:28 am

I love carbs at night! Definitely helps me sleep better :-)

Mara @ What's For Dinner? March 1, 2010 at 9:29 am

That’s currently my favorite AB too!! I love how crunchy it is! Will you be so kind as to email me your snail mail address??

Carolyn March 1, 2010 at 9:29 am

It’s a…

Beautiful Day In This Neighborhood,

A beautiful day for a neighbor,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine
Be my (blogger) neighbor..

..Mr. Rogers

sun is out.. not snowing… BDITN

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 1, 2010 at 9:39 am

Carolyn, OK, I gotcha. Hope you get in a good walk!

rachael March 1, 2010 at 9:30 am

Your chocolate oatmeal looks delish! I think eating carbs at night can be a good thing since the boost serotonin promotes sleep :-)

Allison (Eat Clean Live Green) March 1, 2010 at 9:30 am

I’ve never heard of Teff before, but it looks really good!

I’ve never paid much attention to when I eat carbs – hasn’t hurt yet :)

Kristy@chewchewtrain.wordpress March 1, 2010 at 9:31 am

Haha…I actually wrote a post a while back about how I didn’t like this stuff.
It’s TOO SALTY (for me). I even tried cooking with it, and it’s still too salty. Good thing my husband likes salt.

Anna March 1, 2010 at 9:33 am

I’ve had the smart balance pb with flax seeds in it, and I LOVE the crunch! Yum!

Brandi March 1, 2010 at 9:37 am

isn’t that the BEST almond butter? It’s our new favorite, too.

The other night, I made some of Averie’s pb cups with THAT almond butter in the middle. YUM.

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 1, 2010 at 9:38 am

Brandi, Did you finally get a Trader Joe’s?!?

The Brunette March 1, 2010 at 9:43 am

I just had it on pumpkin oat bran for breakfast, and it’s SO good. I’m more of a creamy almond butter person, but the grittiness of the flax seeds make this so completely addicting. It’s not even been a week and I’m almost at the end of the jar (which says a lot considering I’ve also been making a significant dent in the four other jars I have in my pantry), so I am counting down until I can make OIAJ with it :)

My only complaint is that there might be about 20 percent TOO many flax seeds, leaving some bites with a really bitter aftertaste. What do you think?

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 1, 2010 at 9:45 am

Brunette, I haven’t noticed any bitter aftertaste. All I’ve noticed is that I love this almond butter on top of chocolate porridge. It makes for such a tasty savory/sweet combo…like one big Reece’s cup. ;)

Melissa March 1, 2010 at 9:49 am

Wow, almond butter and rosted flax seed- how I´d love to try that- mighty yumm!

Heather (Heather's Dish) March 1, 2010 at 9:50 am

i try not to set rules for myself like “no carbs at night” because the second i do i know that’s all i’ll want to eat! so i just eat what i need in moderation and i’m usually much better off that way :)

Ameena March 1, 2010 at 9:56 am

I don’t fear carbs but I don’t really like to eat them at night. I try to eat them mostly at lunch for some reason. Not sure why!

I am going to TJ’s today so I am going to look for that Almond Butter. I wasn’t crazy about their peanut butter version of that (with the flax) but I’m excited to give this a try. Thanks for the recommendation!

Gina March 1, 2010 at 10:00 am

Hey Heather! Because I saw you write about teff a few times recently I picked some up last time I was visiting my parents. Any great ideas for it??

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 1, 2010 at 10:14 am

Gina, Hi!!! :)

I’ve never done anything with teff other than make a hot cereal. Oh, I did grind it up and makes pancakes once, that was kind of a disaster. I usually just follow the instructions on the back of the bag and then add my favorite oatmeal mix-ins/toppings. Bob’s Red Mill has got some great teff recipes listed here that I’ve been meaning to try. Scroll down to the bottom of the page: http://www.bobsredmill.com/whole-grain-teff.html

kettlebelllove March 1, 2010 at 10:00 am

I *just* bought a jar of that almond butter w/flax seeds yesterday at TJs. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’ll eat just about anything with almond butter.

I’m not afraid of carbs at any time of day unless they contain gluten. Then they make me swell up with a nice itchy/blotchy rash on the palms of my hands. But gluten-free carbs are a-okay.

-Beth

claire March 1, 2010 at 10:03 am

I wish we had a Trader Joe’s:-) boo!I would love to try it with the flax… cc

Katie March 1, 2010 at 10:14 am

I’ve seen that at TJs and wasn’t sure about it either. I’m a carboholic at night. If I don’t, I wake up hungry at 2 am!

Fallon March 1, 2010 at 10:29 am

I love that almond butter too! It makes great oats in a jar ;)

Becca March 1, 2010 at 11:22 am

Of course your food looks absoloutely delicious, no surprise, but I’m envious of your almond butter. The only kind I see around here is like half a paycheck for a week’s worth, and I’m not sure I can do that.
So do you mind if I ask you some personal questions…
Do you ever make your own almond butter?
Any idea which way is cheaper (homemade or store-bought)?
Is there a chance you might suddenly hate that jar and want to give it away? ;)

Thanks HEAB!
Becca

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 1, 2010 at 11:34 am

Becca, I make my own nut butter all the time: http://heathereatsalmondbutter.com/recipes/homemade-nut-butter/. If you can find bulk nuts for a reasonable price (we buy ours at Costco), then it’s definitely cheaper to make your own almond butter, and sorry, but the TJ’s almond flaxseed butter is all mine. :)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) March 1, 2010 at 11:33 am

Oh HEAB…you made me laugh! I was already thinking about my response and then I saw my name! You know I love my massive amount of oats every night. I am sooooo addicted to my nightly oats! I just bought oat bran for the first time last week (I know, shocker) and it has been calling my name. I am going to have to try the chocolate oat bran. My bowl tonight will be in owner of YOU!

Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) March 1, 2010 at 11:45 am

I totally eat carbs at night! :) And in the morning, afternoon…

theprocessofhealing March 1, 2010 at 11:57 am

I’ll eat carbs anytime, any day. I LOOOVE them.
Grinding the chia seeds is SUCH a good idea!! I love them but I think i’d like them even better if they were ground.
I have not tried the TJ’s almond butter but it’s not for lack of wanting to. There is no TJ’s around where I live, sadly. But there is about an hour and a half away so I rarely (as in like twice a year) make a journey there but it turns into a day trip. Which is actually a good way to spend the day to myself.. but I digress. How nice of them to give you a jar for free though!

Samantha March 1, 2010 at 12:11 pm

I fear carbs (and food) in general! LOL

That ab looks and sounds wonderful. I might have to beg a friend stateside to ship me some! Your meals always used to sound different but intriguing to me. Now they just sound plain GOOD!

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 1, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Ha ha, thanks Sam. I love it!

simplyshaka March 1, 2010 at 12:16 pm

Im not into crunchy butters at all but grabbed that one when I was at TJ’s and absolutely love it. And added flax? Sign me up!

Sarah Ikegami March 1, 2010 at 12:16 pm

I LOVE, love this AB…the price is nice, too!
Have you tried coconut curry chocolate? Yes, please!!!!

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 1, 2010 at 12:58 pm

Sarah, I have never added curry to any of my chocolate coconut bowls, but I have had a chocolate coconut curry bar – I think Vosges makes one, and I remember loving it. Good idea – I should try adding some curry to more dishes.

EE March 1, 2010 at 12:26 pm

No fear here.

“Y’all know me, still the same old HEAB, but I’ve been low-key…”

Alissa March 1, 2010 at 12:28 pm

I love good (low GI type) carbs at any time of day… ♥

Teff is totally one of my favorite things at the moment, I’m loving using teff flour to make pancakes, they’re so delicious!

ps. thanks for such an awesome blog! i’ve only just found you, and i’m so glad i finally have :)

rebecca lustig March 1, 2010 at 12:28 pm

ahh I JUST tried almond butter for the first time!!(finally, I know haha)

Hope you are able to have a mindful Monday! (Yes, I’m loving alliterations)
bec xo

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 1, 2010 at 12:56 pm

Bec, So,what did you think?!?

Katie March 1, 2010 at 12:39 pm

Mmm, that last oat/chia mix looks unvelievable! I love carby things at night…makes me sleep so well. However, there was a point in my life when I feared eating ANYTHING after 6pm. No more, no more…the joy of a bedtime snack is too good. :-)

caronae March 1, 2010 at 12:46 pm

That’s the kind of ab I’ve been doing lately too Heather! I love it. And I do fear carbs at night because once I start I won’t stop, so I just try to avoid them all together.

Heather @ Get Healthy With Heathee March 1, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Carbs are so comforting at night. I think that’s why I love pancakes for dinner. They make me happy. No fear of carbs in the evening here, I just try not to eat too soon to bed time.

Shannon March 1, 2010 at 1:03 pm

i bought two the first time i saw it b/c i was so excited :) i haven’t opened them yet, b/c i’m a little worried i’ll eat it like soup!

adrienmelaine March 1, 2010 at 1:05 pm

Carbs definitely help me sleep at night too! I love them for that- and basically everything else they do-

mishmashcat March 1, 2010 at 1:21 pm

I don’t fear carbs at night! I figure if I’m hungry, I’m hungry!

thedelicateplace March 1, 2010 at 1:23 pm

i just got chia seeds for a free sample in the mail. do i need to soak them prior to eating or can i just crunch away?

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 1, 2010 at 1:30 pm

thedelicateplace, No, you don’t need to soak chia seeds. You can just crunch away, but they’re much better added to smoothies, oats, chia puddings, etc.. If you let them sit for at least 15 minutes, they will thicken the mix. Google *chia gel*(great added to smoothies), and here is my recipe for chia oats: http://heathereatsalmondbutter.com/recipes/chia-protein-oat-bran/, and this holiday chia pudding is another favorite: http://kristensraw.blogspot.com/2009/04/holiday-chia-pudding-recipe-raw-vegan.html

Ana March 1, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Hi Heather! Great to see a review of this as I almost picked one up last week when I was at TJ’s, I only didn’t get it because I prefer smooth AB, but I really wanted to try as I love flax too. Maybe I should branch out to the crunchy AB world, right?! Will make sure to get one this week!

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 1, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Ana, yes, try it. Let me know what you think.

Diana (Soap & Chocolate) March 1, 2010 at 2:25 pm

I can’t say I fear carbs at night. In fact, I prefer not to fear carbs at all! I mean, veggies fall in that category and I sure don’t hesitate to stuff my face with those. :) What I do know is that I feel best when there’s 2-3 hours between the last thing I eat and bedtime. HATE waking up with food hangovers!

Laura March 1, 2010 at 2:26 pm

Love, love teff…. yes, I admit, I did import it from the U.S. before I could get it in deepest darkest Europe. Cook it up to make teff ‘polenta’- so nice, gives off a lovely smell whilst cooking and can be made ahead for busy times. Teff flatbread is great too, but in bread, not so much… Not such a fan of teff flakes, they don’t thicken well, and teff popcorn is so tiny it gets in my fillings, ow! ;(

Janna (Just Flourishing) March 1, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Your bowls of chocolate look unreal! Heaven in a bowl.

Susan March 1, 2010 at 4:18 pm

I have a jar of Naturally More Almond Butter that a blogger sent me in a swap, it’s amazing!!!! It’s got whole flaxseeds in it and I love the little crunch it adds. It’s best stuffed in dates though ;)

I’m not one of those people who’s against eating carbs at night, BUT, I recently started only eating fat/protein as my bedtime snack, and my belly pouf has drastically decreased. Lost an inch off my stomach in about two weeks. Crazy.

BroccoliHut March 1, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Mmm I just love it when the bowl is overflowing with oat bran goodness:)

n.D. March 1, 2010 at 5:35 pm

I saw that and wanted to try it but skipped it this time. Does it taste like nuttzo with some crunch?

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 1, 2010 at 5:42 pm

ND, It’s better than Nuttzo in my opinion. Not as flaxy tasting & heavy on the almonds. :)

Kelly March 1, 2010 at 6:46 pm

I love how oatbran cooks up…I love staring a big overflowing bowl of pure goodness! :)

claudia March 1, 2010 at 6:56 pm

mmmmm…warm cereal! Do you toast your oatbran before cooking?

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 1, 2010 at 7:13 pm

Claudia, Nope, but I hear toasting it brings out more of the flavor. Do you toast yours?

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) March 1, 2010 at 6:56 pm

Nom! Must find flax butter NOW. OK when I get home. And get to Tjs. THANKS for that. I KNOW I”ll love it!

Yes, Carolyn is right- it looks like Maltomeal- one of my fave meals as a kid :-) Good mems!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) March 1, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Ive seen it but have never bought it b/c I love their sunflower seed butter (I know you prefer Sunbutter at WF’s but it’s too rich for my blood) anyway though, cool, I am gonna pick that up!

I just got a little Artisana sampler and can’t wait to dig in. But when i say a “little” sample, I mean half a dixie cup size. What would you say the biggest diff between cocoa butter and coconut oil is? I have only ever worked/eaten coconut oil (but it’s cold in my house) and my oil is in hard-rock form unless I melt it. So not sure if both are very solid at cooler temps or what flavor diff’s would be. See, it’s like a one shot deal with the sample size I got; I don’t want to blow my wad so to speak til I know butter vs. oil differences and you’re my girl. If you have a minute…otherwise no worries sweets!

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 1, 2010 at 7:16 pm

Averie, The coconut butter is both the oil and the meat of the coconut oil, and so it’s sweet. Don’t use it for baking – save that for your oil. It’ would be great in some of your raw balls/cookie dough, but for your first taste, I suggest using coconut butter (like the oil, it’s solid at room temp) as a topping for your oats or pancakes. When you use it on something warm, it will melt and taste AMAZING.

claudia March 1, 2010 at 7:19 pm

I have only toasted it for baking muffins, cakes and stuff but not for cereal.hmmm… FOOD FOR THOUGHT!
Looks like experimenting is in my near future. :)

Anna March 1, 2010 at 7:26 pm

AHH why have I never seen this almond butter?! I love the TJ’s peanut butter with flax, but the almond butter is a new one on me.

I like carbs at night too. Then again, when do I NOT like carbs?

Jess March 1, 2010 at 8:00 pm

I’m glad you are still HEAB :)

Alison March 1, 2010 at 8:07 pm

MMM! Is the TJ’s butter as flax-y tasting as Nutzzo? I’ll admit I’m not quite accustomed to Flax taste yet and don’t care for Nutzzo. I bought it for the health benefits but find I’d rather taste traditional almond or peanut butter :) Or chocolate peanut butter ;)

I do eat a nice size bowl of oatmeal for dinner several times a month. When I need pure comfort, this is the dinner for me! Why not? THen I go and make pancakes for the kiddos and dh and call it breakfast night. Or I have them fend for themselves with whatever leftovers they want.

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 1, 2010 at 9:58 pm

Alison, The TJ’s almond flax butter is heavy on the almonds, and not nearly as flaxy as Nuttzo. I’m the same way when I have oatmeal for dinner. CD, you’re on your own. :)

Brittany March 1, 2010 at 8:29 pm

I haven’t tried the TJ’s almond butter with roasted flax seeds but I just finished off a container of the pb with roasted flax seeds and it’s awesome. I love the crunchy bits of flax!!

Your bowls of oatbran look so good. I just need you to come to VA and make it for me. :)

Gena March 1, 2010 at 9:03 pm

That teff porridge looks just terrific!

Katie March 1, 2010 at 9:18 pm

Yummm! I saw that at TJ’s the other day. I will have to check it out next time. Your carby bowls look delicious. Oh, and I LOVE carbs at night, especially cereal and oats!

Quix March 1, 2010 at 11:43 pm

Yummy! Honestly, I’ve never understood that whole “certain foods at certain times of day” thing. I can understand how it might affect your weight the next morning, but it’s not like it’s going to do bad things to your body. Personally, I like to have a lot of protein for dinner because it’s usually right after a workout, but I always have to have carbs too or I will munch all night.

jaclyn@todayslady March 2, 2010 at 12:56 am

I love oats for dinner!!! It’s so comforting and a plus is that I don’t want something sweet right after like I do with other dinners! That AB with flax looks yummy!

Ana March 2, 2010 at 7:39 am

I will try it for sure Heather!
Oh, and I forgot to say that oatmeal is my favorite dinner of all!! I usually have it about three times a week… is that bad? I think I am getting so used to it and I also like to have my carbs at night, it feels much better this way than if I have it in the morning for example – and I never gained weight doing that either. I love my oats at night, it is my favorite time to have them!

skinnyrunner March 2, 2010 at 8:27 am

after hearing all the good news about that tj’s peanut butter, i have got to go try it!

JENNA March 2, 2010 at 8:28 am

your choc. bowl of oatbran looks amazing!! I’ve never been to TJ’s but you make me want to go so badly!! that AB looks so good….

dailygoods March 2, 2010 at 1:47 pm

Heath, quick question… do you store your Chia Seeds in the fridge/pantry??

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 2, 2010 at 1:54 pm

Dailygoods, I store my chia seeds in an airtight container in a cabinet. No need to refrigerate. They have a very long shelf life.

Hannah March 2, 2010 at 7:10 pm

I love that almond butter!!! I just tried it too! Funny how these food trends spread so fast!

Bekah March 4, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Carbs are one thing I don’t do a lot at night… but funny story Heabs, when in TX last summer/fall working in the restaurant (when I started blogging, when I discovered you, Deb, and everyone) that was when I was going oatmeal crazy. I typically worked 4 12-15 hour days a week, and on my off days I would literally do NOTHING all day long, except for cook for myself, read blogs, blog, watch tv and do a yoga podcast or two. But I remember (I can’t believe its already been 7 months since I left) I made oatmeal for myself a couple nights for dinner (thinking of you obviously, but this was back when you didn’t know beeks) and ggaaahh, it was like the best EVER. sitting in bed, eating oatmeal with cocoa powder at night. yum yum yum.

Its funny how some people fear some food, and others fear other foods? Carbs (as in NOT veggies and fruit, but more potato, grains, bread and whatnot), not gonna lie, they’re a fear food for me… but then I LOSE track of how much nut butter i consume in a day. and nut butters are more calorically damaging. i don’t get it. ohhh well.

great post. and i love that you asked trader joe’s to go look in back. when you want something you WANT something! :)

Runeatrepeat March 8, 2010 at 4:41 pm

I’m glad you liked it! Every time I’m at TJ’s and see someone near the PB section I tell them to get it. LOVE!

Our Blogs March 12, 2010 at 11:40 am

I picked up the Trader Joe’s Almond Butter with Flaxseeds yesterday! I LOVE IT! I love the slight crunch of the flax seeds! Thanks for recommending it! This will become a staple in my house!