Tasty Delights and No Yoga

by HEAB on March 29, 2010

Happy Monday. I hope everyone’s week is off to a good.

So, I haven’t really been blogging much about my exercise, and that’s because I haven’t been doing much. Sadly, due to some girly problems involving cysts on my ovaries, I haven’t been able to do any yoga for a couple of months. I don’t want to get into any details, and so please don’t ask me about it. Sorry, don’t mean to sound harsh, but it’s been a rough couple of months. I know I’ll be back on the mat someday, but I so miss my daily yoga. It kept me sane and balanced, and it was such great exercise. Walking has been good for me, and I really do believe it is enough. However, for me, I need some other forms of movement in my life, and I’m sad to think that I’m slowly losing all the flexibility and strength I gained over the last year. So, anyway, that’s why you don’t hear me talking about my yoga practice much these days. OK, pity party over. Just had to get that out there. How about some fun new eats?

Katie, my mustard muse, sent me her favorite mustard of all time since it’s nowhere to be found here in Nashville.

Have you tried Beaver Brand Sweet Hot Mustard? If not, find it! You were right Katie. It’s excellent. Thank you so much for sending me some! I used it in an egg salad served in a toasted pita made with 2 chopped hard boiled eggs, 2 TBSP Trader Joe’s smooth and creamy original hummus, and a big squirt of Beaver’s Sweet Hot. Mmm, perfect.

If you can’t find Beaver brand mustard in your area, I’ve added it to my HEAB Amazon store. Is it worth ordering online? Um, yes! However, it does contain soybean oil and wheat flour. So, people with food allergies, be sure and read the ingredient list.

Guess what I had for breakfast this morning? An honest to goodness milkshake…well sort of. It was a HEAB-style milkshake minus the “milk”. :)

Into the Vita-Mix went 1 scoop of Purely Decadent Chocolate Brownie Almond coconut milk ice-cream. Oh my gosh, have you tried this ice-cream? It reminds me of the Rocky Road of my youth. Love! Check out the chunks of almonds and brownies…

Anyway, what was I saying? Oh yeah, my shake. In went the ice-cream, 2 cups of So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk beverage, 1 frozen banana, and 1 TBSP of light roast peanut flour (thanks Allie – loved that peanut punch!). When did we all start making smoothies in place of milkshakes? I dare ya to add a scoop of coconut milk ice-cream to your next blended beverage. ;)

Enjoy your day!

plamarie March 29, 2010 at 9:24 am

Oh my goodness, Beaver mustard. I completely forgot all about that stuff. My Dad used to get it when we lived in ID. I have not seen it since then…ordering, would be worth it. I have recently been enjoying walks more than usual. I think we forget how energizing they can be. :)

Carolyn March 29, 2010 at 9:25 am

What brand of pitas are you eating Heab? They look especially wonderful..

Just squeeze your butt cheeks together while you are typing.. It’s a work out …that’s mine for the morning :-) !!!

Already ate about a ton of the Westbrea no salt mustard on a roast beef slimwich thing today. Loving the mustards and going to make some egg salad today!

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 29, 2010 at 10:12 am

Carolyn, I’ve been eating the Kangaroo brand whole wheat pita. I buy them at Kroger: http://kangaroobrands.com/pita-products/breads

Dawn March 29, 2010 at 9:31 am

Keep your chin up, Lovely Heather!! I know that life will improve
and those little eggs will do their proper job without so much
protest. How is that for some alliteration for the morning?
all those p’s…
Thinking of you. xoxood

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 29, 2010 at 10:57 am

Thanks Dawn. :)

Evan Thomas March 29, 2010 at 9:43 am

A new So Delicious ice cream to be obsessed about? Yes please! Their chocolate peanut butter swirl coconut milk is my favorite atm

Mara @ What's for Dinner? March 29, 2010 at 9:44 am

BIG HUGS coming your way!!
I love that coconut milk ice cream… I haven’t had it in quite a while, and might need to pick some up!

Jessica @ How Sweet March 29, 2010 at 9:45 am

That shake sounds awesome! I adore the coconut ice cream…my favorite is coconut bliss brand – and I love ALL the flavors!

Christie {Honoring Health} March 29, 2010 at 9:48 am

Hope your lady issues are worked out soon. I know how troubling and scary that can be. {{{HUGS}}}

That ice cream looks so good, I haven’t tried that flavor. This weekend, I made coconut milk frozen yogurt which was might delish. I used the yogurt I made that didn’t turn out the right texture so I threw it in the ice cream maker. It was like coconutty, fluffy frozen yogurt.

claire March 29, 2010 at 9:52 am

Hugs and prayers:-) You can vent anytime you wanna!! cc

Heather March 29, 2010 at 9:57 am

hope the girl stuff works out…no questions hear, but i’m sending thoughts and prayers your way! the shake sounds AH-MAY-ZING though! i’m always down for something chocolate-y and cold!

Alissa March 29, 2010 at 9:57 am

oh my word, that ice cream looks absolutely divine! i wish i could make something like that in my own ice cream maker… :)

theprocessofhealing March 29, 2010 at 10:26 am

So sorry about the lack of yoga!! I understand, completely. Running to me is like yoga to you so I get what it’s like to have something you love so much taken away from you. But just remember, it’s only temporary!!!

Waterfall March 29, 2010 at 10:35 am

Hi Heather,

Just wanted to share my experience with you, as it may help. I have gotten my period I think once or twice in the past 4 years. My ultrasound also showed some cysts lined up around the edge of my ovaries. I went to a doctor who specializes in functional medicine (treats the root of the problem through nutritional therapies) and she recommended that I go on a magnesium supplement. One month later, I get another ultrasound, and…no cysts! Just something you may want to research/look into for yourself. My heart goes out to you…I understand. I have been on the magnesium for a month and a half maybe and I still don’t have a period, but I truly believe it will come! Best of luck to you! :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 29, 2010 at 10:56 am

Waterfall, Thanks for sharing your story. Magnesium, huh? I’ll look into it.

Holly March 29, 2010 at 10:44 am

HEATHER! sorry to hear about your medical problems – those are no fun and nobody’s biznass but your own. you just take care and get that baby machine going again. baby machine…ovaries…too much? if that was insensitive, i apologize, because i love you and your fab blog. it is ALWAYS a bright spot in my day. have a great week :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 29, 2010 at 10:56 am

Hehe – love you too Holly. :)

Kristina @MendonPondMusings March 29, 2010 at 10:47 am

My heart goes out to you. I had some minor cysts in my teen years and they were incredibly painful. You’ll be back on the mat before you know it.

I can’t wait to try the mustard!

Chandra March 29, 2010 at 11:00 am

I’m jealous that you can get Purely Decadent in flavors other than Chocolate & Vanilla…don’t get me wrong I love their vanilla but Brownie Almond sounds divine!!!

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 29, 2010 at 11:02 am

Chandra, I believe it’s a brand new flavor. The company sent me some free samples, and I’ll post a more formal review later this week. Good stuff!

Ashley L March 29, 2010 at 11:04 am

I feel your pain Heather. My girly issues are keeping me back from a lot as well.

I hope you feel better soon!

Alicia March 29, 2010 at 11:30 am

I love your blog. Please keep up the good work and I wanted to say that I completely understand……sadly, I understand too well.

Thank you again for bringing a bright spot to the days of so many (including me).

Alicia

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 29, 2010 at 11:52 am

Thanks so much for the support Alicia. I’ll keep blogging, just not about yoga for a while. :)

Michele | aka Raw Juice Girl March 29, 2010 at 11:35 am

Peanut flour? Now that’s something I’ve never had! LOL

And your shake/smoothie looks yumilicious!! :-D

Rose March 29, 2010 at 12:01 pm

I know what you mean about having a rough couple of months. Hang in there, Heather! I’ll be sending good thoughts your way.

VeggieGirl March 29, 2010 at 12:02 pm

DUUUUDE I almost bought that brand of mustard over the Annie’s one that I just told you about :)

Heather, you already know I’m here for you through this rough patch. Much love! xo

Whit March 29, 2010 at 12:05 pm

(((hugs))) I don’t like to hear that Heather is feeling down! Sending good vibes your way!

theemptynutjar March 29, 2010 at 12:07 pm

nice wrap/sandwich…add avocado to that and it would be great too…so many great combos with hummus and bread stuff.

hey girl, any fitness i ever had is gone….been over a year now…and i have long to go…so no worries…chin up !

Stephanie March 29, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way to a quick and speedy return to the yoga mat!

caronae March 29, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Mmmmm, I SO want to try coconut milk ice cream now. Major noms to that breakfast! And sorry to hear about the yoga :( It’s no fun when you can’t do something you love. In terms of strength, maybe you could get a set of dumbells and do a little lifting on your own? Good luck!

Janet (Pantry Bites) March 29, 2010 at 12:14 pm

Peanut flour sounds great. Sorry to hear that you can’t do Yoga. Maybe some other forms of gentle stretching will help?

Lauren @ Eater not a runner March 29, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Sounds like an awesome way to start the day ;-)

Amanda March 29, 2010 at 12:36 pm

MMM I’ve gotta start making shakes again. I somehow got into the mindset that I’d rather eat than drink my food, but shakes are just sooo delish. Thanks for the reminder! Hang in there with whatever is going on. Much love :)

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 29, 2010 at 12:37 pm

eggs+mustard=awesome.

midgetkeeper March 29, 2010 at 12:41 pm

Sorry to hear about your issues :( Sending prayers your way.

Anna March 29, 2010 at 12:48 pm

So sorry to hear about your lady problems…thinking positive thoughts and sending prayers your way, girl.

Mmmmm…I had eggs this weekend too. Maybe thinking about Easter creates egg cravings?! :-)

Susan March 29, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Heart ya HEAB! Hope you get this medical thing sorted out. Oof, just when you’d like yoga the most, you can’t practice it! Sending lots of good and healing vibes your way xo

Still way too cold for smoothies around these parts. Although, not for Deb’s hot chocolate smoothie. Mmm…now THAT would be good with ice cream…

courtney March 29, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Hugs for (((HEAB)))! That pita looks totally YUM-I have never tried hummus with eggs, but since I love both, why not?!

LesleyG March 29, 2010 at 1:18 pm

For someone who doesn’t like chocolate even a little, that shake looks wonderful to me!

I know it must be tough to have your health take you away from yoga. Hopefully most of the time you can look at it as just where your practice is right now. Even hiatuses are necessary for growth, I think. Take care, girl- you’re in my thoughts. Love from Colorado!

Holly March 29, 2010 at 1:18 pm

completely sympathize…i’ve had to give up triathlons and running for similar reasons and it’s killing me!!!

thanks for the tips on the coconut ice cream…i’ll have to grab some the next time i make it to the grocery! :) keep the recipes comings—thanks for sharing!

Carbzilla March 29, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Big Hugs, honey! I stay on the pill because I was having ruptured cysts all the time and was in unbelievable pain. Hope you find something that makes them go away!

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) March 29, 2010 at 1:38 pm

Aww, hope you feel better! I had a friend who had a big ovarian cyst and it was NOT fun. You’ll be back on the mat soon!!

That mustard look deeelicious! I want some!!

xo
K

Katie March 29, 2010 at 1:49 pm

I stared in my fridge this morning deciding between eggs and hummus/mustard or a smoothie. I went smoothie, and after reading this, I am regretting my decision! Glad you liked the mustard!

So sorry about the medical problems. I truly hope it is nothing too serious. You treat your body so well, I am sure it will be better soon!

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 29, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Katie, Nothing too serious. Just need to take it easy for a while. :)

missyrayn March 29, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Sorry you are having trouble Heather. Thinking of you.

Betherann March 29, 2010 at 2:27 pm

I love the creaminess that just a teensy bit of real (i.e., not low-fat) ice cream lends to my green smoothies. I’m glad I’m not the only one out there who has discovered this.

Sorry to hear that health junk has got you down. Me, too, but for a different issue. Are we experiencing another blogosphere mind meld? Except this time it’s more of a blogosphere body meld, which just sounds…creepy. I’ll stick with saying “feel better, dear!” and leave it at that, okay?

Sending some super-charged ovary-healing juju (a.k.a. thoughts and prayers) your way!

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 29, 2010 at 2:30 pm

Thanks Betherann, Hope you feel better soon as well…and enjoy your green smoothie milkshakes! :)

eatmovelove March 29, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Blah that’s how I feel right now after doing the wrong things again, ate too much crap

…but anyways HEAB you are smart – and glad you doing whatever needs to be done. Remember yoga – or whatever is it – is always there ya for you whenever your ready for it again…

Mama Pea March 29, 2010 at 2:46 pm

I’m so sorry about your health problems. Maybe there is a silver lining in that you are learning just how to be? Or maybe your body is just trying to get itself in order for bigger things to come? In any event, I’m sorry.

Now, peanut flour. I’ve been contemplating buying some INSTEAD of PB2. Your thoughts?

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 29, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Mama Pea, The peanut flour added a pretty strong peanut flavor to the smoothie. I liked it, and I know Allie loves the lighter roasted stuff for smoothies and other sweet treats. She said the darker stuff is better for savory dishes.

Heather @ Get Healthy With Heathee March 29, 2010 at 2:47 pm

That ice cream looks freakin delicious! We never keep any ice cream at home cause the dairy upsets my stomach but coconut ice cream… I must find!

Danielle March 29, 2010 at 2:52 pm

Purely Decadent makes the BEST “ice cream!” I just saw they came out with a whole line of new coconut milk flavors and I’m excited :D

It’s totally ok to take it easy for a while. I hope things work out for you and don’t worry about losing strength/flexibility because that’s something you can always get back :)

From Party To Hearty March 29, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Hope you can get back to exercise soon! That mustard looks good.

Samantha March 29, 2010 at 3:32 pm

I used to get supremely excited about all your new finds and rush right out to look for them. I now know my sad little island much better and know that 85% of it I’ll never find here. ha ha! Wonder if I couldn’t try and create that mustard somehow? The ice cream…oh my!

Wishes respected…sending prayers and healing vibes your way.

Pure2Raw twins March 29, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Sending you lots of hugs girl!!! You will get through this because you are a strong lady!!! :)

Love the coconut milk ice cream milkshake action!!! YUMMY

malpaz March 29, 2010 at 4:03 pm

breaking from exercise is great sometimes. i have been on a like 45 year break now hahahah. been wanting to try coconut milk! review??

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 29, 2010 at 4:34 pm

Malpaz, I love the coconut milk beverage. Great as a smoothie base or served warm with cocoa and sweetener for some HEABifed hot chocolate. Good with cereal as well. Not a strong coconut flavor and not too thin either. I do not like watery nut milks.

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) March 29, 2010 at 4:28 pm

I am officially addicted to Peanut Flour thanks to the kindness of the Protein Princess. She just restocked my dark powder supply – lOVE HER! I have been throwing it in everything. It’s much more flavorful than PB2 you might want to let Mama Pea know that. You can actually TASTE it in a smoothie whereas you can hardly taste PB2.

HOpe your health issues do resolve soon- I’m sure you’re doing all the right things to keep yourself healthy. Hang in there!

the dainty pig March 29, 2010 at 4:49 pm

oh my goodness! would totally take you up on your dare—if i could find coconut milk icecream here! must. find. soon. looks so good!!

sorry to hear about your lady problems—you know I can understand. But as soon as you can practice again (and I know you will be able to!!), you will realize that your flexible comes back pretty fast. You don’t really lose it…it more just goes into hiding. Hang in there! And damn, why do you always have to make such DELICIOUS looking food!?

have a great week friend! am sending lots of love your way!
~jess

Katherine: What About Summer? March 29, 2010 at 5:14 pm

I need a better blender to jump on the smoothie bandwaggon!
Katherine

jenny March 29, 2010 at 5:20 pm

Glad you got your favorite mustard!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) March 29, 2010 at 5:25 pm

Woman, you had ice cream for breakfast! I love you! I wish we could try the mustard, but sadly no wheat here. I would eat it, but sure enough my husband would not look at the ingredients being that it is mustard and would eat it! He has a real obsession with the stuff!

Katie March 29, 2010 at 6:30 pm

That milkshake looks awesome! I must try that “ice cream”. I really like the coconut milk ice creams. Plain coconut is good too – you can even feel the gritty texture from the coconut shreds!

Ana March 29, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Sorry for your cysts Heather, I went through that too and it isn’t fun…
I love mustard too, especially dijon and whole grain mustard (my favorite!), I haven’t tried the Beaver one, will keep an eye open to see if I can spot it around NC!
Wow, that spoon of chocolate-coconut ice cream looks soooo good, made me want some ice cream even more, don’t know why but I got a crave for the stuff this weekend, I haven’t had any and still haven’t passed, guess I need to listen to my body and go for it soon!
Your shake sounds delish! We have made smoothies here too using vanilla soy milk ice cream blended with fruits, I am with you on that: its really good stuff! So creamy, right?!

Gabriela (froyolover) March 29, 2010 at 7:21 pm

Sweet Hot Mustard?!
LOOOVE! :D

justine March 29, 2010 at 7:55 pm

We seriously need to talk!!! Im mad at you!!!

I have been making tons of milkshakes with avocado and chocolate coconut milk ice cream!! Good stuff!!!

~Justine

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 29, 2010 at 8:11 pm

Justine, I just texted you. Don’t be mad. Love you. :)

Jennifer March 29, 2010 at 8:18 pm

Egg salad pita is such a great idea! I’ve only had egg salad alone, on crackers, or on wheat bread. I’m excited to try it your way. The rest of your food looks great too!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) March 29, 2010 at 9:12 pm

Heather, so very sorry about your health issues and also the no yoga as a result. I will dedicated tomorrow’s practice to you, and hopefully the karmic universe will feel the love I am sending your way. Truly, my heart goes out to you :)

Next. Beaver baby! I told you in a previous comment that I have it too, and love it! It does contain some trace ingredients but I am not sensitive to those that they bother me, and it’s not like I eat a half a bottle at a setting or anything. I do love my mustard and the bottle lasts me months? Many weeks at least. If you need more, seriously dont bother ordering it, ask me and I will send it. It’s 1.99 at my local albertson’s, which sucks for everything else, but stocks that mustard.

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 30, 2010 at 7:43 am

Thanks so much for sending some loving vibes my way Averie. I truly appreciate it. Beaver mustard for $1.99? Yeah, I might be taking you up on that offer. LOVING this stuff!

yogiclarebear March 29, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Heather,

Hugs and prayers regarding your personal issues.

I saw that mustard in the store once and laughed out loud! What a funny brand name. But alas, no wheat added mustard for this gluten-free girl. Maybe I can make my own somehow…I’ll check the ingredient list! Love peanut flour too, glad you found it!

Gaby March 29, 2010 at 9:59 pm

Hey Heather! That mustard sounds good! I’ve never seen it on shelves here though :\
I’ve done ice cream/ granola parfaits for breakfast but coconut milk ice cream is so expensive I feel like it might be “wasting” it by just mixing it into a shake, maybe because some of the pure flavor would be lost? …I dont know, I’m weird.
I’m so sorry to hear about your problems, I know ALL about lady issues unfortunately and I also know how terrible it feels to not have yoga so I do hope you can go back to it soon. But don’t worry about losing all your skills, in my experience I may get a little sore but it never takes long to get back in the swing of things. The important thing for you to focus on is your health!
Maybe you could try some of the yogic breathing and relaxation exercises to tide you over and help you de-stress? I know it’s not the movement kind, but it still counts as yoga and really helps me center myself.
Take care! :::sending big hugs :) :::

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 30, 2010 at 7:42 am

Thanks Gaby, You are so right – yogic breathing totally counts. I should do some in the mornings when I wake up as I bet it would make a huge difference in my day. Thank you. :)

fitandfortysomething March 30, 2010 at 6:49 am

so sorry heather! you will be better soon i know it :)

Veggielady4life March 30, 2010 at 7:08 am

Oh my goodness… that ice cream looks delicious!!

Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) March 30, 2010 at 7:20 am

Heather, just want you to know I’m praying for you. I truly appreciate the supportive comment you left me on Sunday and just know that the same goes for you :) Take care!

p.s. I have that “Milkshake” song stuck in my head now.

Kelly March 30, 2010 at 8:00 am

That mustard is GREAT! They also make a cranberry mustard that is REALLY good!

skinnyrunner March 30, 2010 at 8:02 am

milkshake for breakfast… i like the way you think. and eat.

charlotte March 30, 2010 at 8:09 am

That milkshake looks divine!!! I still have not been able to find a store here that sells either the coconut milk beverage or the coconut ice cream;( I will have to drool over yours from afar. As for the yoga – just ((hugs)) girl. I’m so sorry! This too shall pass…

Gena March 30, 2010 at 8:17 am

So sorry to hear about the cysts, and about the way they’ve impacted your yoga. That must be discomfiting. But remember: this is just a period of your life. It’s not permanent. You’re strong, and you will get through it!

Should you ever need to vent, please email me :)

Kelsey March 30, 2010 at 8:31 am

This is random, but I had a question about Jay Robb brown rice protein powder. Is it nasty and chalky? I tried SunWarrior and it was sooo gross. It tasted like chalk and had the most disgusting aftertaste. Please, please tell me Jay Robb is different? Thanks! :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 30, 2010 at 8:37 am

Kelsey, You can read about my review of both protein powders here: http://heathereatsalmondbutter.com/2009/04/14/rice-protein-smackdown/ and here: http://heathereatsalmondbutter.com/2009/04/22/the-war-is-onwant-a-taste-of-the-winner/. In the end, Jay came out the winner, BUT all rice proteins do taste a little chalky in my opinion. However, I have grown to love the taste of Jay’s rice, and I like Sun Warrior too. That being said, I think both taste better mixed with oatmeal or cooked in protein pancakes. The chalky taste can be quite overpowering in a smoothie.

Hope this helps! You could always call Jay Robb and see if they would send you and individual sample size of the rice protein, so that you could try it before committing to an entire container.

Cherie March 30, 2010 at 9:12 am

Hugs and more hugs, Heather. Wait, here’s another big hug. xoxo

Rachel @ Suburban Yogini March 30, 2010 at 9:31 am

Remember though that all is yoga – walking, sitting, even the washing up when done with mindfulness is all yoga. Just breathe :)

Take care….

Erica March 30, 2010 at 9:39 am

Sorry to hear about the issues HEAB! I totally feel for you. Feel free to email if you’d like to chat about it. If not – I understand :) That mustard sounds terrific. I’ve been making lots of shakes lately using lots of almond milk- so delicious. I need to try coconut milk

Justine March 30, 2010 at 10:00 am

That shake looks crazy delicious! I love Purely Decadent coconut milk ice cream. (It’s soooo much better than Coconut Bliss.) I haven’t tried So Delicious coconut milk yet, but now I will for sure. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Heather. I’m sending you lots of healing energy.

Marissa March 30, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Heather, you are not alone! I have some issues too and i often feel alone, like everyone else is just perfectly perfect. It is so not true! we all have our issues, and don’t let this ruin your mood :-) It’s part of being alive! You will get back to the mat and you will get it back. I am going out of town for a week and won’t be doing yoga and I get anxious thinking that I will “lose” all I have gained, but that just isn’t the case! We just have overactive minds. I try to look at it as something else I need to “let go”, so I can just focus on being in the present. I know that sounds a bit out there, but it is really helping me relax.

Denise Therese March 30, 2010 at 1:16 pm

I have never heard of peanut flour! Did you buy it or make it yourself?

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 30, 2010 at 1:24 pm

Denise, Allie sent it to me. Click on her name, and you can read all about the peanut flour.

Denise Therese March 30, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Thanks!

Taysa (Water, Butter and Wine) March 30, 2010 at 1:55 pm

What a bummer — I had an ovarian cyst the size of a canteloupe when I was 14 years old. It went undetected for a YEAR. Not fun, especially when I couldn’t exercise for several months after my surgery…but it wasn’t for forever.

Denise March 30, 2010 at 2:08 pm

No questions, just please know that I’m thinking of you with lots of love.

Jennifer R. March 30, 2010 at 7:26 pm

I pray that you will find the answers you need to heal (if you haven’t already). And perhaps you just need to eat more raw cacao?? You know it’s high in magnesium :)

don’t know the extent of your female problems — but I’ve read a good book, What Your Doctor Won’t Tell You About Premenopause, which was pretty helpful to me. It had a lot of ideas to fix hormonal issues.

As my mom used to always say, “this too shall pass.” Until then, hang in there!

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 30, 2010 at 8:38 pm

Thanks Jennifer R. :)

lynntofu March 30, 2010 at 9:53 pm

What did the peanut flour do to the milkshake? Could I leave it out? Might try this with another flavor of their ice cream.

Heather Eats Almond Butter March 31, 2010 at 7:11 am

Lynntofu, It just added a peanut flavor. You could try adding peanut butter or just leave it out altogether. Still would have been good without it. :)

{ 3 trackbacks }