Sunny Saturday

by HEAB on April 10, 2010

Hey, hope everyone is enjoying the Saturday. It’s beautiful outside, and I’ve been away from the computer all day. Einstein and I went on a lovely walk this morning while CD took Radley (Einstein & Radley are our two dogs) for a trail run. Andy, my brother-in-law, is in town to call the South Carolina vs Vandy baseball game, and he got us tickets. So, we spent most of the afternoon at the game.

Today’s eats have been completely random. I’m gearing into summer mode, and all I seem to want these days are cold and crunchy foods. Breakfast was a bowl of cereal and goat milk yogurt. These two are my favorites lately…

I’ve been loving on some frozen grapes as snacks and after-dinner dessert…

And what is summer without egg salad (2 hard boiled eggs, 1 spoonful hummus, mustard, and pickles) and burgers? I like to eat mine together…in a bowl…without bread. Call me weird…it wouldn’t be the first time. ;)

Look what else I’ll be enjoying this summer. ‘Bout did a back flip when I saw these in the freezer aisle at Whole Foods…

I busted into them when I got out to my car. Luckily, I had my camera. :)

Yum! Loved ice-cream sandwiches as a kid, and this brought back so many memories.

OK, off to enjoy the rest of my evening. Somebody is turning 30 tomorrow, and I’ve got some baking and gift wrapping to do. :)

Edited to Add: The winner of the Don Sabrosa salsa giveaway is…

Picture 1.png

Congrats Barbara! Please email me with your info.

Beth April 10, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Maybe random but your eats look good to me! I love egg salad. Now I want some!

Evan Thomas April 10, 2010 at 4:03 pm

Oooo almond milk ice cream desserts now!? Delicious, though I think coconut milk has me thoroughly hooked, too. Haha

brittac April 10, 2010 at 4:10 pm

I love frozen grapes esp after a run!

Rosa April 10, 2010 at 4:14 pm

The egg salad idea sounds delish! Mm love egg salad but it doesn’t really work with bread in my opinion. Lol maybe it’s the lighting, but is your burger semi-purple? Hehe.

Heather Eats Almond Butter April 10, 2010 at 4:27 pm

Rosa, It was the lighting. :)

Heather April 10, 2010 at 4:16 pm

looks like a GORGEOUS day there! p.s. i LOVE that picture of you and CD – y’all are so cute :) i’ll have to keep my eyes peeled for those sandwiches next time i’m at WF since ice cream sandwiches are basically a summer staple in this house!

Lindsay April 10, 2010 at 4:24 pm

Now I am WAY EXCITED to go to Whole Foods and buy those Almond Dream bars. LOVE the So Delicous Coconut one’s as well.

Nice Egg salad. I like mine with of course….organic ketchup! We grilled up ostrich burgers the other day and those would have paired perfectly with your egg salad!

zestycook April 10, 2010 at 4:28 pm

Loving the random eats and the sunshine! Frozen grapes are amazing :)

fartygirl April 10, 2010 at 4:38 pm

I almost bought some Almond Milk ice cream today – but then I remembered. Almond Dream milk is kinda gross. Just my opinion! Let us know how the ice cream is!!! I love Rice Dream ice cream and would love to try the almond too. I read the stats. Very low in sugar and saturated fat!

Heather Eats Almond Butter April 10, 2010 at 4:43 pm

Farty, I’m not a fan of Almond Dream milk either, but the ice-cream sammies were delish!

Graze With Me April 10, 2010 at 4:40 pm

AH, baseball and egg salad. Totally says summer to me. Of course you have to thrown in some gelato & ice cold beer too right?? :)

andrea kotarski April 10, 2010 at 5:01 pm

wish they were soy free = (

kelli April 10, 2010 at 5:09 pm

Love frozen grapes, they are so delish..makes me want some right now! And I totally made yogurt like you last night (with soymilk though) and it was amazing!! especially because I don’t like the tang of reg yogurt :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter April 10, 2010 at 5:23 pm

Kelli, So glad the yogurt worked for you. :)

maya April 10, 2010 at 5:31 pm

I saw those almond dream sammies, so cute! Look so cute and yummi :) ice cream sammies are so fun! tofutti cuties were my fave as a little kid! But these look better ;)

xx
maya

sonia @ master of her romaine April 10, 2010 at 6:08 pm

aww those almond dreams look adorable and delish! I used to eat cuties as a child…oh memories :)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) April 10, 2010 at 6:13 pm

We cleaned all day and I ate everything that was not tied down…I had one of those weird “I can’t get full” kind of days. I can assure you, your eats were no weirder than mine! I have been craving the almond milk yogurt you made the other day. I need to get some probiotics to put in there. Glad you had a good day!

caronae April 10, 2010 at 6:19 pm

Frozen grapes sound really good! Sometimes I crave giant piles of protein like that one, I’ll have to try it. I love smoothies in the summer, and crunchy apples, and berries. Mmmmmm. Hope your Saturday was awesome Heather!

nellieshaul April 10, 2010 at 6:20 pm

I’ve been wanting to make your egg salad for a while…do you always use hummus?

And the ice cream sandwiches look delicious, of course. I assume the other ingredients are good too?…Glad you spent the day outside too!

Heather Eats Almond Butter April 10, 2010 at 7:43 pm

Nellieshaul, Yes, I always use hummus in my egg salad. It’s really good with BBQ added as well. :)

The ingredients for the Almond Lil Dreamers aren’t the best. So Delicious Coconut milk sammies are better in my opinion.

Krystina (Organically Me) April 10, 2010 at 6:35 pm

I wondered when they would come out with an almond based frozen dessert! :)

julie April 10, 2010 at 6:53 pm

hahaha i guess you didn’t have to worry about them sammies melting ;) love it!

i’m TOTES making egg salad tomorrow. i mean well that is after i celebrate pancake sundayyyy wooo hooooo :)

eatmovelove April 10, 2010 at 7:03 pm

I don’t get frozen grapes…tried them once and they were all mushy. Meh. I’ll take the Sammies though :)

homecookedem April 10, 2010 at 7:16 pm

I love egg salad. I’ve never tried putting hummus in it though… I’m going to be making that very soon, excellent idea!! :) Happy Early 30th to CD!! :)

operagirlcooks April 10, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Wow, interesting new possibilities for egg salad! I am so used to the old fashioned mayo variety.

Sweet Cheeks April 10, 2010 at 9:01 pm

Mmm, your dinner looks good! If thats weird, then I don’t want to be normal!

Josie April 10, 2010 at 9:32 pm

aww, i had a burger sort of like that yesterday- topped it with hummus and carrots pureed with cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. so good and summery-feeling!

Katie April 10, 2010 at 10:07 pm

Radley?! Like Boo Radley?!????

Letting my inner 14 year-old bookworm out with this comment…..

Heather Eats Almond Butter April 11, 2010 at 7:14 am

Katie, Yep, we had a puppy named Scout that died, and Radley was named in Scout’s honor. :)

gina (fitnessista) April 10, 2010 at 10:17 pm

you and christian dior make such a beautiful couple!
on the prowl for those ice cream sandwiches.. trying to figure out how to get them home tomorrow without melting everywhere during the 3 hr drive :/
enjoy your sunday!
xoxo

Kelsey April 10, 2010 at 11:36 pm

WHAT!? ALMOND DREAM BARS! now that we’ve seen this post everyone is making a mad dash to whole foods’ frozen aisle. haha

lola April 11, 2010 at 12:51 am

I’m with you on that one! all i was craving today was popsicles! I had a coconut-milk popsicle and a strawberry popsicle!
by the way, I have a new food-blog in english! check it out :)
have a nice sunday tomorrow!
Lola

Christie {Honoring Health} April 11, 2010 at 4:53 am

Love those days away from the computer, I had one of those yesterday (unless you count the blackberry :D )

I have been wondering about making ice cream with almond milk. I have even been thinking of trying my hand at making raw cashew milk ice cream. Gettin’ crazy with the ice cream maker!!

Susan April 11, 2010 at 6:05 am

Hamburger in egg salad – love it. Ice cream sandwiches are one of my faves too! I don’t like ice cream, but put some chocolate around it and it’s a whole other story. Enjoy the rest of your weekend HEAB!!

thedelicateplace April 11, 2010 at 6:47 am

lil dreamers (maybe the soy?) gave my stomach the twists-let me know how the almond dreamers work out! my hubbys bday is sunday (the 10th) hitting the quarter century mark :p

runnerforever April 11, 2010 at 7:33 am

Now I am craving an ice cream sandwich, those look good!

Brittany April 11, 2010 at 8:19 am

Now that it’s warm out I need to buy some grapes and freeze them asap!! Thanks for the reminder. :)

Katherine: What About Summer? April 11, 2010 at 12:13 pm

I’ve never seen ALMOND ice cream! whoah my heart just fluttered. happy birthday CD! you two are so cute together!
Katherine