Guacamole, Arby's Style

by HEAB on May 29, 2010

I love Arby’s Horsey Sauce.

Picture 2.png

Photo Source

However, the ingredients are less than stellar…

Picture 1.png

So, yesterday, I decided to make my own HEABified version.

Simply mix 1 TBSP of pure horseradish (NOT prepared horseradish sauce) with 1/2 mashed avocado.

Mmm, perfect served atop a toasted EarthGrains Multi-Grain Thin Bun with ham and melted goat cheese.

Since my yoga teacher is taking a 2-month hiatus to have her baby, I tried the 50-minute prenatal yoga class from www.yogadownload.com here at home yesterday, and it was great. I would recommend this class for anyone, pregnant or not, especially if you’re experiencing any low back pain. Lots of Cat/Cows and resting in Child’s Pose – just what I needed I’m feeling it a bit this morning, but in a good way, and good news, YogaDownload is holding a special Memorial Day sale. Save 40% off you’re entire order through Monday, May 31 with the coupon code MemorialDay. Happy Yogaing! :)

homecookedem May 29, 2010 at 9:56 am

Oh geez, now I want a roast beef sandwich and curly fries, hahahahaha!! :) Great idea to put horseradish in with your avocado! I never would have thought about it, yum!! :)

Happy Saturday, HEAB!! :)

theprocessofhealing May 29, 2010 at 9:58 am

Holy YUM!!! I haven’t had Arby’s in years and years..

Evan Thomas May 29, 2010 at 10:09 am

I love recreating restaurant favorites. The ingrediens in fast food chains sauces more than scare me

Kellie May 29, 2010 at 10:45 am

When I ate meat I would put horseradish on everything. I completely forgot about it. I think I will try it on a quesadilla or even on some broccoli. It sounds great.

Tabitha May 29, 2010 at 10:53 am

My back has been ready to snap this week, I’m going to give that yoga download a go today.

Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) May 29, 2010 at 10:53 am

That guac sounds amazing! I love horseradish, why don’t I use it more often? YUM! :)

Jenn

Emily May 29, 2010 at 10:53 am

oh, I love horsey sauce too….Definitely trying this, I just happen to have horseradish in the fridge!

Kristy May 29, 2010 at 11:00 am

You should come on over to 12South Yoga!!

Heather Eats Almond Butter May 29, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Kristy, Yes, I’ve thought about it, but not a big fan of Iyengar. However, I hear good things about the prenatal class.

janetha May 29, 2010 at 11:03 am

oh my gosh, i actually FORGOT about my love affair with horsey sauce! i used to ple on 4 packets on a junior!

Katherine: What About Summer? May 29, 2010 at 11:19 am

that’ll put hair on your chest! not for the faint of heart!

Anna May 29, 2010 at 11:58 am

I haven’t been to an Arby’s in forever…and now I want some curly fries! I bet that guac was spicy and yummy!

Run Sarah May 29, 2010 at 12:22 pm

That guac looks wonderful, yum!

Mikelle May 29, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Yum! That sounds delicious. I absolutely LOVE horseradish!

Fritz May 29, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Arby’s Horsey Sauce ^.^ I lol’d.

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) May 29, 2010 at 1:06 pm

I am such a control freak on ingredients now…I don’t allow high fructose corn syrup here! Now I have my kids and husband looking at ingredients at the store. Glad you found a great alternative to do your yoga at home. I need to do some today…woke up with a pinched nerve in my neck. I think it is from hormones. I used to get them all the time when I was pregnant with Max and now I get them with hormone changes. Anyway…maybe some yoga in a little bit.

eatmovelove May 29, 2010 at 1:14 pm

Never had Arby’s…never had Horseradish either! Is it spicy? Guac looks good though.

Heather Eats Almond Butter May 29, 2010 at 1:19 pm

EML, I’m not a spicy girl by any means, but I love horseradish. It’s not spicy-hot, like pepper, but a lot of it will make your eyes water. YUMMMMMY!

Jackie (Peaces of Earth) May 29, 2010 at 1:53 pm

I never thought of combining horseradish and avocados!! I’ll have to tell my roommate. Two of her favorite things. :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) May 29, 2010 at 2:19 pm

I’ve been making my homemade vegan slaw dressing w/ horseradish and pickle relish. It’s so good! LMK if you’d like a link. Dont wanna link drop on you :)

And congrats on the yogadownload prenatal action. Wonderful news!

Have a great holiday weekend, Heather!

Heather Eats Almond Butter May 29, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Averie, Feel free to link drop anytime, especially when horseradish or pickle relish is involved. :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) May 29, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Ok well since you say so, here you go:

My Vegan Horserasdish Relish Slaw Dressing. YUM

Heather Eats Almond Butter May 29, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Thanks!

Graygrrrl May 29, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Yum! I love new suggestions for avocado. It seems everytime I buy them I eat one then forget about the other.

lindsay May 29, 2010 at 4:10 pm

I love me some horseradish but the hubs hates it so I usually just get it when we go out. I love the kick it gives you. YUM!

gigi May 29, 2010 at 5:13 pm

I love how avocado goes great with so many unexpected things. I made a version of your chocado sauce using 1/2 a cado and a scoop of chocolate protein, it taste like thick pudding!

Heather Eats Almond Butter May 29, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Gigi – I know, avocados are so versatile and work great in both sweet and savory dishes. I LOVE them, and your pudding sounds delicious. What a healthy *dessert*! :)

Kelsey May 29, 2010 at 6:55 pm

lately ive been realizing how uve been turning unhealthier fast food fare and totally revamping it into something equally delicious but MUCH better for us all… I LOVE THESE TYPES OF POSTS! ur amazing!

Heather Eats Almond Butter May 29, 2010 at 7:12 pm

Thanks Kelsey. :)

bitesandbliss May 29, 2010 at 7:55 pm

yogadownload rocks!! I’ve only done the 20 minute ones but even those are awesome. Thanks for mentioning the coupon code!

Melissa May 29, 2010 at 8:43 pm

YAY Heather! I am so glad that you posted about the yogadownload prenatal class! I am 33 wks and have been doing the 25 min class along with running–well now woggling! I just finished talking to DH about trying the 50 or 60 min class, especially with the great price this weekend! Also congrats on the pregnancy! You look great!

Heather Eats Almond Butter May 29, 2010 at 8:56 pm

Melissa, Many congrats to you as well. Loved the prenatal class – just what I needed yesterday, and I look forwarded to doing it several times a week. I think you’ll really like it, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)

yogiclarebear May 29, 2010 at 9:53 pm

never had horse sauce…intriguing!

YES about the yogadownload.com prenatal class! i did that one on monday. NOT PREGNANT but practicing for my own pre-natal class. ;)

glad you liked it!

Heather Eats Almond Butter May 30, 2010 at 6:40 am

Clare, How does it compare to your class, and where did you get certified to teach prenatal yoga? I think I would love to do something like that! Do you have to be certified in yoga first and then take a certain number of hours to teach prenatal?

rebecca lustig May 30, 2010 at 7:29 am

ahh brilliant, thats what you are <3

i wish i was better withs pices and sauces.. i'm learning though thats for sure

idreamoftahini May 30, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Hmm………that sounds pretty good. I’ve never thought of the two together, but they are both great apart so it would make sense.

Bekah May 31, 2010 at 12:07 pm

this concoction looks surprisingly delicious. :) :)

momof2 June 2, 2010 at 8:57 am

Great idea, I would add some tomato to it

Michelle June 28, 2010 at 11:37 am

Liza Janda, the teacher for yogadownload.com’s prenatal series, was my teacher in San Diego when I was pregnant with my second. She is SOOO awesome and I am so happy to hear that you have found your way to her! She is so incredible. I moved to Idaho a while back and used the yogadownload.com version of her classes for my third pregnancy (Ava, born March 29, 10). congrats on your pregnancy! I love love love reading your blog.

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 28, 2010 at 11:48 am

Michelle, You mean the yogadownload instructors are real people? I always though they were just voices living inside my computer. ;) So cool that you took classes from Liza Janda! Many congrats on little Ava, and thanks so much for reading my blog. :)

{ 1 trackback }