Peanut Buster Parfait, HEABified

by HEAB on June 5, 2010

Dairy Queen’s Peanut Buster Parfait

Picture 4.png

Ingredients: Dairy Queen soft serve, peanuts, hot fudge sauce.

Picture 3.png

Peanut Buster Parfait Meets Banana Split, HEABified

Ingredients: Chocolate protein ice cream (made with unsweetened chocolate Almond Breeze and 1 scoop chocolate Sun Warrior rice protein powder), 1/2 ounce roasted salted peanuts, 1 large banana, and chocolate syrup (1/2 TBSP maple syrup mixed with 1 heaping tsp cocoa powder).

You’re welcome. :)

Winners of my stevia giveaway:

Picture 2.png

Picture 1.png

Picture 3.png

Picture 4.png

Congrats Shelly, Felicia, Jill, and Brandi. Please email me with your info, and your stevia is on its way.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! :)

Jenn (GH) June 5, 2010 at 8:39 am

Ummmm….yum.

And yes thank you. :-)

A Teenage Gourmet June 5, 2010 at 8:44 am

This is so cool! I’ve noticed a new frosty trend on a few blogs. This is perfect for summer. :)

Devyn June 5, 2010 at 9:04 am

Thats my kind of ice cream! I am vegan so I always use a frozen banana, scoop of chocolate protein powder, and some unsweetened almond breeze, blend and yum :)

bitesandbliss June 5, 2010 at 9:12 am

That looks ridiculously yummy. I tried your protein ice cream the other day in a magic bullet and it didnt turn out as good as yours. :( It was still good, though! Just really runny lol

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 5, 2010 at 9:18 am

Bitesandbliss, Yeah, I didn’t have success blending it in the Bullet as well. I use too much ice (about 17 cubes) – requires a much bigger blender.

Stefanie June 5, 2010 at 9:50 am

Yours looks better then DQ’s parfait. :)

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com June 5, 2010 at 10:12 am

OMG! (k first of all Heater.. i realize almost every comment of mine starts with OMG! because thats what i say each time i see a post). i used to order these from DQ all the time in high school! i cant believe u heabafied them!!! IM SO EXCITED! and the fact that u could have 2 of urs and still be less in calories that one regular one- WOW! this is a major success!

ur baby is gonna grow up with the luckiest mom in the world (and daddy too!)

bananasforbananas June 5, 2010 at 10:19 am

Omgsh sooo making that parfait! Chocolate-Peanutbutter coma here i come!

Danielle June 5, 2010 at 10:23 am

Ah, this is amazing! Me, parfait, soon. ;)

Also, your Plates from Around the World post is up! http://bit.ly/dByJNq

Erica June 5, 2010 at 10:44 am

Yummm. You know I’m a fan of anything parfait ;) Isn’t it scary to see the nutritional stats in some fast food? I almost got a peach milkshake at parfait last night until I realized it had 800 calories in it! Yikes!

Erica June 5, 2010 at 10:44 am

whoops that should have said at chick fila…..clearly I have parfait on the brain now

Evan Thomas June 5, 2010 at 10:46 am

Could you just Heabify everything great for me and put it on a plate in front of me? K thanks :-)

Nicole June 5, 2010 at 10:49 am

You are awesome! It looks so good! I really need a Vitamix so I can make stuff like this too!

Kelly June 5, 2010 at 11:05 am

Thank you! :)

Mama Pea June 5, 2010 at 11:17 am

Love it. This brings back memories of my childhood. I want to go make 1st Chair Clarinet now so my dad will take me to get one.

Jessica @ How Sweet June 5, 2010 at 11:25 am

AMazing!!! That looks so delicious. And much healthier!

saltytooth June 5, 2010 at 11:38 am

Umm, yum. I’ll come meet you in Nashville to that you can make this for me!

Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) June 5, 2010 at 11:44 am

Yummy! Yours looks just as delish as the Queen’s! ;)

Jenn

Melissa June 5, 2010 at 12:28 pm

Looks Delicious!!! I needed you to post this yesterday though…I gave in to a sonic ice cream craving! I was able to hold off the first night…but after 2 nights of wanting ice cream…the preggo monster kicked in (if you are unaware of WHAT the preggo monster is give it a few months!)

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 5, 2010 at 12:39 pm

Mel, Ah yes, the preggo monster…I think we’ve met. ;)

Megan @ The Oatmeal Diaries June 5, 2010 at 12:53 pm

How did you know the peanut buster parfait is my favorite?! :)
Bookmarking this fabulous recipe :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 5, 2010 at 3:33 pm

Megan, Because great minds think alike. ;)

Eating Abroad June 5, 2010 at 1:19 pm

I’m in love. Really. You make my life a better place.

Justine June 5, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Healthier versions of not so much so foods never cease to amuse me! I will be trying your ‘hot fudge sauce’ very soon, if you don’t mind! :)

Janet (Pantry Bites) June 5, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Love it. A great way to satisfy a craving. I would never be able to have another dairy queen again- 94 grams of carbs in one hit. It’s totally not worth it.

julie June 5, 2010 at 3:14 pm

you should email this link to the people at DQ ;)

Sarah R June 5, 2010 at 3:22 pm

OMG. I used to eat peanut buster parfaits like they were going out of style. Yours looks like a much better alternative.

idreamoftahini June 5, 2010 at 3:22 pm

My favorite DQ before giving up dairy was a Peanut Buster Parfait with chocolate ice cream. I dream about it sometimes, but I think it’s mostly the hot fudge and peanuts I dream about, lol.

oooh – I so have to replicate a non-dairy version. Thanks for the inspiration and recipe. I’m going to have to try it…….although I’ve never been a banana split fan, but I do love bananas in my blender ice cream…….just not in chunks.

YUMMY!

gigi June 5, 2010 at 4:20 pm

off topic question
I just tried some trader joe’s goat milk yogurt and I don’t like it at all. I mixed in blueberries + agave + a packet of stevia and I still don’t like it. I have a whole tub of it, any suggestions?
and that sundae looks amazing!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 5, 2010 at 6:47 pm

Gigi, So sorry you don’t like the goat milk yogurt! Sounds like you tried the sweeten it up quite a bit, and it still didn’t go over too well, huh? You could try adding it to smoothies, or I love it as a pancake/waffle topper. However, if you really aren’t enjoying it, don’t force yourself to eat it. It’s not worth it.

jenn k June 5, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Hi Heather,

I’m a reader who’s also expecting… and thought I’d comment on the iron talk.

I noticed most of your readers listed spinach as their favorite source of spinach – if you take a few minutes online you will find that spinach has lots of great nutrition but is not a great source of iron.

You’ll find that if you look up “foods highest in iron” or a similar search spinach will not rank among them! I was surprised when my Dr. told me this. While spinach does have iron in it – don’t count on it to battle anemia!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 5, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Jenn, Thanks for the input. Yes, I know that spinach itself won’t do much for me. I bought it to eat as a side dish so that I can better absorb the iron from the brisket and liver pate I’ve been eating. So, I love spinach for it’s vitamin C content…and turns out I like chicken liver pate. Who knew?!? :)

Congrats – so exciting to hear from another mama-to-be. I hope you’re feeling well!

Sarah June 5, 2010 at 5:00 pm

Mmm…I loved peanut buster parfaits as a kid (although I had no idea they had-have- 700 calories)!
Slightly related- I remembered that you said you used to eat sweet potatos for dessert when you were trying to lose weight. Well, I love sweet potatos and have been wanted to try them for dessert since you mentioned the idea. I did it tonight! Just drizzled on a little real maple syrup and a little pb. Divine! Thanks for the idea:-)

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 5, 2010 at 6:53 pm

Sarah, Yes! Love it. I used to eat 2 baked sweet potatoes every night after dinner. Satisfied my sweet tooth every time. So glad you enjoyed. :)

mama June 5, 2010 at 6:17 pm

Hey Heather do you know if Sun Warrior is Alkaline? My husband is trying to get off of Nexium and trying to get his body into a more alkaline state and i know you tend to lean that way when you can so i was wondering about the product!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 5, 2010 at 6:52 pm

Mama, Sorry, but I’m not sure if rice protein powder is acid forming or not, but I’ve read that whey protein powder is alkaline if that helps. Oh wait, just found this online (http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/Foods_to_Keep_Your_Blood_Alkaline.html) – not sure how reliable the site it, but it says that rice protein powder is “medium acid”. Hope this helps!

BroccoliHut June 5, 2010 at 6:47 pm

Ah man, I used to go to DQ with my Granddaddy all the time, and he would ALWAYS order the Peanut Buster Parfait. I think I would like the HEAB version much better:) Wanna HEABify a M&M Blizzard for me too?

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 5, 2010 at 6:58 pm

BroccoliHut, I’ll get to work on that! ;)

Laurie June 5, 2010 at 7:55 pm

That looks so good! What a calorie difference – wow! I buy SF Chocolate Syrup at our Save-A-Lot. Could you use something like that instead of making your own w/the Maple syrup?

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 4:39 am

Laurie, Sure – it would help cut down on the sugar content. Enjoy! :)

Danielle (Runs on Green) June 5, 2010 at 8:08 pm

Your parfait sounds *much* more appetizing :)

Congrats to the winners & I love your new avatar pic!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 4:42 am

Thanks Danielle – been meaning to change that pic forever. :)

eatmovelove June 5, 2010 at 8:29 pm

…I smell a book…Eat this – HEABified! …no joke girl…;)

Megan June 5, 2010 at 8:45 pm

Heather you have come to my rescue! I love Dairy Queen. It’s too bad it does not love me. I think I have found the solution though and it lies in your recipe.

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 4:41 am

Megan, Happy to save you. ;)

jenny (green food diaries) June 5, 2010 at 10:04 pm

your parfait looks delicious. i finaly bought the gums (and a sample packet of sun warrior vanilla protein) earlier this week, so i can finally make this! :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 4:41 am

Jenny, Let me know how it turns out for ya!

Ilana June 5, 2010 at 10:21 pm

drooooooool.

Sara @ Fro Yo Foodie June 6, 2010 at 12:17 am

This looks and sounds incredible…Now I just need to TASTE it! You inspired me to buy coconut flour, and now I may just need to invest in some xanthan gum so that I can make creamy protein soft serve! :-)

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 4:40 am

Sara, I always say once you go gums, you never go back. ;)

Maren June 6, 2010 at 1:04 am

The ice cream sundae you made looked so much better than the dairy queen one, plus half the calories?! Amazing, and oh so yummy, I need dessert!

Julie @ Pickley Pear June 6, 2010 at 4:55 am

Parfait = YUM! DQ and alike does not appeal to me anymore. I know how I feel after. But something homemade like yours looks delicious – even early in the morning!!

Nick June 6, 2010 at 5:59 am

Perfect! So where’s the nearest HEAB drive-thru? =)

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 6:05 am

Nick, Coming soon to a town near you. ;)

Ana June 6, 2010 at 7:08 am

I love your HEABfied ideas, so cool! It looks much better than the original one, and I do mean that! I need to get some of those gums to experiment with!

Lara (Thinspired) June 6, 2010 at 9:54 am

The DQ label just gave me a mini heart attack just looking at it! 370 calories is much better, and I bet it tastes better, too! :)

Hope you’re having a great weekend, Heabie! <3

Carbzilla June 6, 2010 at 10:05 am

YUM! You can reduce the sugar a lot by leaving out the banana (not that you don’t know that but just for my fellow low-sugar plan followers).

Now I miss Tin Roof Sundae ice cream!

janetha June 6, 2010 at 10:40 am

DANG. i cannot believe that thing has 700 cals. LOVE your version!

Annie D. @ Annie's Simple Life June 6, 2010 at 5:33 pm

YUM! Yours looks SOOOO much better than Dairy Queen (gross!!)

Jill June 6, 2010 at 6:40 pm

That looks extra tasty. Tastier than the DQ one and I know how tasty that is! I could faint at the calorie count, I had no idea. I am so thankful for a HEABified version!

Emily June 6, 2010 at 6:43 pm

Ummm yum yum yum! This is great! Now I can have a way to satisfy the cravings from those commercials! haha

runnerforever June 6, 2010 at 9:20 pm

Yum, this looks absolutely amazing!!! I don’t have all of the ingredients, but I bet I could make it work. :-)

seemichellecook June 6, 2010 at 10:00 pm

I’ve collected all of the ingredients for this and can’t wait for lunch tomorrow!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 7, 2010 at 8:18 am

Michelle, Let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy. :)

rebecca lustig June 7, 2010 at 7:30 pm

crazy how much protein is in these sundaes, haha.

hope you have a great night
love love love– bec

Alyssa June 8, 2010 at 9:33 pm

Hi Heather!

Where did you find your cool nutrition fact app? I’m always trying to calculate the values for my concoctions and feel like I am completely guessing every time!

Thanks! Congrats on the baby bump :-)

~Alyssa

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 9, 2010 at 5:37 am

Alyssa, I used this website: http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate. Love it – their database is amazing, and thanks for the congrats. :)

{ 2 trackbacks }