A Breakfast Date

by HEAB on June 6, 2010

I woke up super early this morning, around 4:00 AM. My sleeping hours are completely off, and I’ve slept a total of 10 hours over the past 2 nights. I usually get that much sleep in one night – hehe, my body requires a lot! People keep telling me that my body is preparing itself for the lack of sleep I’ll get after the baby arrives. Yes, I know, but the HEABlet is not due for another 6 months, and I just want to sleep! Hopefully, I’ll catch up tonight. I’m still not eating much for dinner, and I think it’s my hunger that keeps waking me. Sure enough, my stomach was rumbling before I even got out of bed the bed this morning. CD and I had plans to meet up with some of my extended family that was driving through town for breakfast at 9 AM. Since I didn’t want to wait another 5 hours to eat, I ate big mug of cereal and washed it down with some hot chocolate. Then after some emailing, a short walk with the pups, and some prenatal yoga, CD and I left for breakfast.

CD isn’t a big breakfast eater. He usually just has a small snack with his morning coffee and then eats a bigger late morning meal after his run. It was a nice change to enjoy breakfast together this morning. It was also good to see some of my cousins as it had been over 10 years since our last visit together.

We dined at Athens Family Restaurant, where they recently filmed an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. Apparently, Guy Fieri tried the bacon lamb burger, but I opted for an egg white Greek omelet with fruit and toasted pita bread on the side. The pita bread arrived late and tasted like a donut. I swear they must have fried it butter…in other words, it was really good! The omelet was okay, nothing special, but the company made up for it. :)

So, after 2 breakfasts, I was still hungry when it came time for lunch, and whipped up some Terrine de Foies de Volaille crostini with goat cheese. Say what? OK, so I slapped some chicken liver pate on an EarthGrains Thin Bun and melted 1 slice of goat cheese on top.

Yes, I like chicken liver pate, and for the HEABifed recipe (no frying involved), please email me. I won’t go into details on the blog as I know most people aren’t fans of the stuff. It has been years since I’ve eaten chicken liver, but I bought some since it’s super high in iron. My doctor recommended iron pills, but honestly, I like to poop, and let’s just say that after taking the pills for 2 days, I was NOT happy. So, instead of purchasing the stool softeners my doctor recommended, I went out and bought chicken livers instead, and I’m going to try and eat more beef. I really do believe the body can heal itself when given the nutrition it needs, and for now that means more sources of heme iron for me. My levels are so low right now, that spinach isn’t going to cut it, no matter how much vitamin C I eat along with it. That being said, I am going to look into taking Floradix and adding some blackstrap molasses into my diet. Thanks again to everyone for their advice and help!

OK, now that I’ve shared way too much personal info. with you, I am off take a nap. Did anyone celebrate Pancake Sunday today, and if so, what did ya make? :)

P.S. If you get a chance, please check out my guest post, part of Danielle’s Plates From Around The World Series, for a glimpse into all the yummy eats from our honeymoon.

Molly @FuelHerUp June 6, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Here’s a tip- the calcium in dairy limits iron absorption, so it’s best to eat them separately!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Molly, Yes, I know, but melted goat cheese is just so good! ;)

fartygirl June 6, 2010 at 12:43 pm

OOOh – I’m interested in how you like the blackstraps and what you do with them. Never tried them myself. Keep us posted!

Melissa Cari June 6, 2010 at 12:47 pm

I love you took matters into your own hands when your doctor gave you the iron pills and stool softener to go with them. What a combo! It definitely says something when one pill needs another pill to counteract the negative side effects. You’re so in tune with your body, I’m sure your iron levels will be back to normal in no time :)

VeggieGirl June 6, 2010 at 1:08 pm

I love the hot-crossed buns look of your latest culinary creation :)

annecalista June 6, 2010 at 1:10 pm

You and your husband look so happy in that picture! Both of you have huge, wonderful smiles :-) And I totally agree with you about the body being able to heal itself with the right nutrition.

L @ Whole Wheat Or Bust! June 6, 2010 at 1:26 pm

You took the words right out of my mouth (‘because honestly, I like to…’). I also had to take iron pills and I have found that the slow release kind, called SlowFe, don’t have that wretched, wretched effect. Try them!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 3:34 pm

L, That’s the kind I tried. :(

Frugal 'n' Fit! June 6, 2010 at 1:29 pm

I have always wanted to eat at a Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives location! Was it extra-busy because of the exposure from the show?

And I totally agree. Nutrition is always best served in the form of actual food. It’s tough for me being a vegetarian so I stick with the prenatal vitamins that are loaded with iron (so far no poop issues…yet!) but if worse came to worst, I might be sampling some Terrine de Foies de Volaille myself!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 3:39 pm

Frugal ‘n’ Fit, The episode hasn’t aired yet, but that place is always busy on Sunday mornings. People love going there for breakfast on the weekends.

My prenatals were making me sick to my stomach. Glad to hear yours are working for you. I plan to try mine again soon now that I’m feeling better.

Heather (Perspective Is Everything) June 6, 2010 at 1:46 pm

You go girl!
Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food!
You got it goin’ on, sista! :D

Chocolate Coated Runner June 6, 2010 at 1:50 pm

4:00 AM is so early! I didn’t go to sleep until 3:00 AM last night… so if i woke up at 4 then I would have gotten only 1 hr of sleep! My dad woke up today that early as well… your lucky that you’re an early bird! xoxo

Bethany June 6, 2010 at 2:05 pm

I had pancakes today! I made The Pioneer Woman’s sour cream pancakes, except I subbed in Greek yogurt for the sour cream. Super good!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 3:36 pm

Bethany, Sounds super good. I’m not familiar with that recipe. I’ll have to google it. Thx!

saltytooth June 6, 2010 at 2:21 pm

I love food remedies, rather than medication!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) June 6, 2010 at 3:17 pm

I know a lot of women who’ve done Floradix when beets, blackstrap molasses, etc arent enough. Steer clear of iron pills…yikes!

Lack of sleep/body preparing you…I admit I am one of those people who have mentioned that :)

Glad you saw cousins you havent seen in 10 yrs…how fun!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Averie, Congrats on your fitness competition! Yes, I know I need to be prepared for lack of sleep…but I’m not ready to give it up quite yet. ;)

Devyn June 6, 2010 at 3:26 pm

My Mom became very anemic when she was pregnant with me and stayed anemic for about 14 years after, her doctor gave her iron pills which made her sick to her stomach so she could not stand them. She tried to eat more red meat, but that also disagreed with her body. Six months ago when I went vegan she also became 90% vegetarian and her anemia is gone!

Katie June 6, 2010 at 3:43 pm

Food has always been the best way to cure what ails ya. HEAB knows what HEAB wants, right? :)

idreamoftahini June 6, 2010 at 3:53 pm

I so agree with food versus medicine. I’m so anti medicine that I won’t even take pain pills. I’d rather let my body heal itself and in all honesty, once I got off pain medications like advil, etc. I almost completely stopped having headaches, body aches etc. Except for the occasional pains and lighter headaches. When my Dr. called me last year and told me to start taking iron supplements due to low iron, I just said sure and tried it my way. I need to go in soon for a follow-up, I’d love to see how my iron is now that I’m vegan.

Jess @ Jessica is Getting Fit June 6, 2010 at 3:58 pm

Ooooh I love chicken liver pate – if you could send the recipe my way I’d appreciate it!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 6:01 pm

Jess, The pate recipe is so simple and really good. I simply bought 1 pound of chicken livers, trimmed them, and cut them into large bite-sized pieces. I then placed them in a greased glass baking dish, brushed them with Annie’s BBQ sauce, and let them sit for about 15 to 20 minutes before baking. I baked them for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven, and then shut the oven off, but kept the chicken in there for another 15 minutes or so. Once, I removed them from the oven, I let them cool for a few minutes, and then processed them with 2 hard boiled eggs and 3 heaping spoonfuls of hummus in my food processor. That’s it. Let me know if you try it.

Kellie June 6, 2010 at 3:59 pm

When I was little I had really low iron so my mom fed me liver and eggs everyday for breakfast. I don’t remember it, but maybe that is why I have such an aversion to it now.

lindsay June 6, 2010 at 4:01 pm

oh heck ya! I want that recipe for chicken liver pate. I love pate! I use the GF floradix. Its very easy on the stomach. Good stuff. :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 6:05 pm

Lindsay, for the chicken pate, I bought 1 pound of chicken livers, trimmed them, and cut them into large bite-sized pieces. I then placed them in a greased glass baking dish, brushed them with Annie’s BBQ sauce, and let them sit for about 15 to 20 minutes before baking. I baked them for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven, and then shut the oven off, but kept the chicken in there for another 15 minutes or so. Once, I removed them from the oven, I let them cool for a few minutes, and then processed them with 2 hard boiled eggs and 3 heaping spoonfuls of hummus in my food processor. That’s it. Let me know if you try it. It’s good! :)

bitesandbliss June 6, 2010 at 4:07 pm

Is that CD? If so you two are so cute! You have the same smile lol :) and I’ve always wanted to eat a place DDD visited! Even though I can’t eat practically everything on that show, it’d still be cool.

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 6:05 pm

bitesandbliss, Yep, that’s my CD. :)

Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) June 6, 2010 at 4:14 pm

Yep, hunger will definitely disturb your sleep. Try having a snack before bed, even if you aren’t hungry.

My husband loves chicken pate, I don’t know if I can handle it, though. Regular chicken grosses me out half of the time, lol.

Jenn

Lindsay June 6, 2010 at 4:14 pm

I had to take iron pills for a while, too. I would have preferred going about it nutritionally, but the amount of iron in one pill (I think mine was like 360 percent of daily recommended value — and I had to take two a day) wasn’t something I could have reasonably made up for.

I think they also told me that vitamin C would help iron absorption.

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 6:04 pm

Lindsay, Yes, vitamin C definitely helps absorption. I just bought a bunch of strawberries – my favorite source of C. :)

Katie T June 6, 2010 at 4:15 pm

About the Floradix – I’ve been using it for almost 6 months now (ever since I had my iron levels tested a year after going vegan and discovered that my ferritin levels were almost non-existant) and it has really worked well for me. I’ve NEVER had a problem with being “regular,” if you know what I mean…I figure I eat so much fibre (my boyfriend is constantly amazed at the amount of veggies I can put away) that it all evens out!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 6:03 pm

Thanks Katie. Where do you get it? A health food store?

Justine June 6, 2010 at 4:15 pm

I love liver also! I am happy to see it in blogland. :)

Susan June 6, 2010 at 4:18 pm

I LOVE liver pate!! Funny, my mom and I were just talking about our love for liver pates yesterday (as her boyfriend grimaced in the background). I used to buy it at the farmer’s market, I never thought of making it!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 6:02 pm

Susan, You should try making it – so easy! I simply bought 1 pound of chicken livers, trimmed them, and cut them into large bite-sized pieces. I then placed them in a greased glass baking dish, brushed them with Annie’s BBQ sauce, and let them sit for about 15 to 20 minutes before baking. I baked them for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven, and then shut the oven off, but kept the chicken in there for another 15 minutes or so. Once, I removed them from the oven, I let them cool for a few minutes, and then processed them with 2 hard boiled eggs and 3 heaping spoonfuls of hummus in my food processor. That’s it. Let me know if you try it.

Katherine: What About Summer? June 6, 2010 at 5:11 pm

thank you for not showing the liver preparation!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 6:06 pm

Katherine, You’re welcome. :)

Annie D. @ Annie's Simple Life June 6, 2010 at 5:46 pm

No pancakes today, but soon…. soooooon I will make them!!

Kendall June 6, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Went to my parent’s for breakfast and my mom made blueberry banana cornmeal pancakes. I ate them with some so delicious coconut yogurt (first time I’ve tried it- it is good!) and local marionberry syrup. A fine sunday morning indeed! Last time she made pancakes with ricotta cheese and lemon zest in the batter. So moist and fluffy- they were divine!!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 6:07 pm

Kendall, Um, please tell your parents I’ll be at there place next Sunday. ;)

Megan @ The Oatmeal Diaries June 6, 2010 at 6:05 pm

Aw I love breakfast dates! And I did not celebrate pancake Sunday, however, I did celebrate french-toast-waffle Sunday courtesy of your recent post! Thanks!! :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 6:08 pm

Megan, You’re welcome. Definitely not a great Sunday morning breakfast! :)

Felicia June 6, 2010 at 6:43 pm

Im a true believer in giving your body what it needs the natural way. I cringe every time I have to give my patients 10+ pills at once. I just want to shake them and say “eat right and exericise!!!!!!!!! that will eliminate more than half of this!!!”. sigh. you look great though!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 6:45 pm

Felicia, I agree…and thank you. :)

Jill June 6, 2010 at 6:48 pm

I had no idea it was Pancake Sunday!! But, this morning I woke up and made chocolate chip pancakes!! Wow…I’ve not had a pancake in years before today. Great that I recognized the day!! Oh, Athens is great for dinner though. Joe didn’t want to eat there but after much begging he loved it. The look of the place from the outside scared him…

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 6:53 pm

Jill, yeah, I think I prefer Athens for lunch or dinner as well, and so happy to hear you celebrated this morning. Good job!

robyn jones clark June 6, 2010 at 6:54 pm

this is the second time this week someone has suggested this. i’m always anemic.. i’ve been taking iron pills and b12 forever! we are trying to get pregnant.. and i’m sure that the low iron doesn’t help. .i’ve just ordered some. thanks for the suggestion!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 6:59 pm

Robyn, I hope it helps!

The Pancake Girl June 6, 2010 at 6:59 pm

OMG, I have been so behind on reading the blogs these past few months, that i cannot believe I missed such a huge announcement- CONGRATS HEAB! A baby is wonderful, wonderful news. I am so happy for you. :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 7:01 pm

Thanks Pancake Girl. I’ve missed you. :)

Maggie June 6, 2010 at 7:01 pm

Oo I think that’s where we went, right?

I’m not usually hungry in the morning right when I wake up… I think because I usually eat later at night. I’m always really surprised when I am though.

Forgot about pancake Sunday… we had oatmeal Sunday instead :) Me, Bobby, and Rob (brother).

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 7:04 pm

Maggie, Yes, I had a moment for you and Bobby, and when my omelet arrived, I was thinking Maggie’s oatmeal looked much better! Guess I should have celebrated oatmeal Sunday too. :)

eatmovelove June 6, 2010 at 7:16 pm

Hey HEAB – has anyone ever told you that you look like Meg Ryan…cause you do to me – your smile I think.

Anyhow, good luck with the iron – BEEF it up! But sometimes if you need extra help with supplements you can get some herbal ones I think (check with an N.D?) – that aren’t hard on the stomach. Or you can get iron shots for an immediate boost ;) …right in the backside ;)

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 6, 2010 at 7:18 pm

Eatmovelove, Nope, never been told I look like Meg Ryan. You just made my night! :)

Jamie June 6, 2010 at 8:14 pm

I specifically had to eat protein before bed when I was pregnant (and while I was nursing), because I would wake up super early feeling like my stomach was eating itself. I just drank a protein shake or something easy to digest like that.

By the way, I’ve never commented here, but have been following your blog for awhile now. I love it!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 7, 2010 at 8:24 am

Thanks for reading Jamie, and for the evening snack tip. I really hope to start eating more at night.

Hayley @ Breath of Fire June 6, 2010 at 8:21 pm

I hope you can get your iron up and start feeling better! Looks like you’ve gotten a great start. :) Cute picture of you and CD!

Danielle (Runs on Green) June 6, 2010 at 9:27 pm

haha do what you gotta do Heather…I like to poop too ;)

I don’t know how you’re surviving on 5 hours of sleep/night! I know people say eating healthy/plant-based means you need less sleep…but I need at least 8.5 hours or I’m a cranky girl [bitch] lol

seemichellecook June 6, 2010 at 10:44 pm

I always recommend cream of wheat with almond milk and a glass of fresh squeezed oj for breakfast when iron levels are low. Sounds like you’ve got it under control though with the chicken livers and more red meat.

BroccoliHut June 6, 2010 at 10:49 pm

I struggle with getting enough iron in my diet too–I’ve been anemic several times in my life, and it’s usually taken a few iron supplements to get me back in gear. I’m with you though–good nutrition is the best medicine, and I hope you get those iron levels up ASAP!

Mama Pea June 6, 2010 at 10:57 pm

You are so funny. I’d still love you even if you posted a pate recipe. And yes, these NBA Finals are taking 4 EVER. I was anemic with Gigi, but even after taking an iron supplement, my levels didn’t change. My doctor said the levels generally correct themselves right after birth.

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 7, 2010 at 8:26 am

Thanks Mama Pea. Good to know!

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) June 7, 2010 at 7:09 am

“I really do believe the body can heal itself when given the nutrition it needs”

Couldn’t have said it better myself!!

xo
K

Ana June 7, 2010 at 7:28 am

100% agreed!!! And that’s why I love reading your blog Heather, you always have the best approach to nutrition and listening to your body! Your iron levels will be up soon I am sure!
When pregnant I also didn’t feel like eating at night, sometimes I would go for a grilled cheese sandwich, but dinner usually consisted of total cereal (upping the vitamins!) with milk (sometimes with a banana added in) or a big bowl of oatmeal cooked in milk. The oats were actually the best food to eat at night, it didn’t bother my stomach at all and kept me full for a good night of sleep.
I so love oats that I still like to have it for dinner a couple times a week!
(also agreed on the iron pills, I took Fergon when I needed and was not a happy person without my daily trip to the bathroom)

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 7, 2010 at 8:29 am

Ana, Oh my gosh, I totally ate Total Raisin Bran with a banana last night for dinner. I know the ingredients aren’t the best, but it sure tastes good! Also bought some oat bran yesterday. Haven’t really wanted it in months, but it’s starting to sound good again, and I figured it would make a great feeling dinner as well, perhaps with a drizzle of Blackstrap molasses. :)

Rhoni June 7, 2010 at 8:17 am

Another thought…a lack of B12 in the diet can inhibit proper absorption of iron…maybe that’s a supplement you should consider, because most people don’t have adequate B12 intakes…and it also boosts energy! The fastest and best way to absorb it is to get a shot…do you have an ND (Naturopathic Doctor) in your area? Not sure if MDs or DOs provide this service. Also, a lack of B12 can cause hair loss which I know you mentioned recently has become a problem. The good news is that liver is very high in B12 and folate (and iron, obviously), so hopefully that will help!

I love your blog and have been a lurker for awhile now. I’m studying to be an ND actually, so I couldn’t help but offer my two cents here…good luck!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 7, 2010 at 8:32 am

Rhoni, Thanks so much for reading. So cool you’re studying to be an ND – I think that is awesome. According to my latest blood work, my B12 levels were normal…or at least my OB didn’t say anything about them. Hmm, now I’m curious, and I might call and ask. I love looking at my numbers and results, and meant to ask for a copy before I left. I should have the office fax them to me. Anyway, I occasionally work for an alternative MD, and he does give B12 shots. So, I would have no problem getting them if that’s what I need.

Thanks so much for your “two cents”. Much appreciated, and I hope you have a good day! -Heather

Kelly June 7, 2010 at 8:34 am

So I know I am not going to be the first person to say this but you and Mr. HEAB look so much alike! You are going to have the cutest little kiddo! No two ways about it! :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 7, 2010 at 8:38 am

Thanks Kelly. :)

livelightly June 7, 2010 at 8:50 am

Heather…I didn’t have time to read all the comments about iron, but I fixed my low iron during pregnancy with Floradix (take a little MORE than the suggested dose) and 1 quart of iced nettle tea. I would just pour hot water over 4-5 tablespoons dried nettles in a quart jar. Let it sit for 4 hours and ice it. Drink every day throughout your pregnancy! You can also mix it up and put some red raspberry leaf in there as well.

Good luck!
Sara

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 7, 2010 at 9:47 am

Thanks Sara, Another reader is sending me some nettle and red raspberry leaf tea, and I ordered some Floradix yesterday…I must have sensed you were going to leave me this comment. ;)

jenny (green food diaries) June 7, 2010 at 8:55 am

i’ve never heard of eating chicken liver. is it much like foie gras (in terms of how its made)? do people eat it for its taste or the health qualities?

hope you are able to sleep peacefully soon, HEABs!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 7, 2010 at 9:52 am

Jenny, I’ve only eaten Foie Gras once or twice and honestly, I can’t remember what it tastes like compared to the chicken liver pate. I’m assuming they’re pretty similar since they are both made from liver meat. I’m assuming eat chicken liver for the taste, but I bet there are a lot of moms out there trying to get their kids to eat it due to some of the health benefits. :) I happen to really like the taste, and it’s a great source of iron.

Stef June 7, 2010 at 9:19 am

Hey,
your way of taking on the low iron with your diet is interesting. And liver most certainly has a lot of that but isn’t there something in the liver that is toxic for unborns when consumed in high doeses?
I know in Germany there was actually a recommendation some years ago for pregnant women not to eat liver because of that. They have now changed it to not eating a lot of liver so you might want to consider that and try to incorporate different sources of iron.
Me personally I’d take the pills because I cannot stand liver…there is just something about eating somebody elses waste organ that freaks me out but that’s my personal preference of course.

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 7, 2010 at 9:48 am

Stef, Yes, I’ve read about this – it’s the level of vitamin A they warn pregnant women about when it comes to liver. It’s not something I plan to eat everyday, but I’m just going to try and incorporate some into my diet every so often.

Natalie June 7, 2010 at 10:26 am

Hmm… maybe you could eat a little more before bed, like a bar of some kind? Homemade Lara bar or granola bar? I hope you start sleeping more. In the 3rd tri – it isn’t fun w/ sleep, so you need to sleep now!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 7, 2010 at 11:38 am

Natalie, Yeah, I’m getting a little better with eating at night. I seem to do okay with cereal and I just bought some oat bran. Haven’t had it in months, but it’s starting to sound good again. I used to eat it every night before going to bed, and it always helps put me to sleep. :)

Amanda On Foot June 7, 2010 at 10:37 am

I’ve been having some serious problems with iron as well lately. It started when I turned vegan in April. I keep getting bruises all over my body. I started taking pills instead of eating meat, though, because I just can’t bring myself to eat meat again. I’m really interested to see how you incorporate black strap molasses into your diet. Great post.

Cheers.
Amanda
amandaonfoot.blogspot.com

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 7, 2010 at 11:37 am

Amanda, I hope you’re doing better with the iron pills. Have you tried Floradix? Some other bloggers/readers raved about the stuff, and apparently it doesn’t have the same side effects that the iron pills do. I just ordered some yesterday from http://www.iherb.com. I tried the Blackstrap molasses this morning in some warm almond milk. Oh my gosh – I loved it – tasted like caramel milk. On it’s own, the molasses was a bit bitter – not what I was expecting at all, but loved it in the almond milk, and I’ll probably try it some hot cereal soon.

Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) June 7, 2010 at 1:47 pm

Haha, I love that you said you like to poop! I’m the same way, I can’t have anything interrupting my normal “routine” of that nature. Glad you are finding alternatives, I believe in the power of nutrition as well!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 7, 2010 at 5:25 pm

Sarah, Yes, if iron pill = no pooping, then NO thanks!

Ilana June 7, 2010 at 4:27 pm

You and CD have the same smile – it’s so fantastic. I love when couples look alike, it means wonderful things about their relationship. Twins.

hayleycepeda June 10, 2010 at 8:27 pm

I had exactly the same issue with my iron levels but the doctor told me that I wasn’t going to make up iron through diet because being pregnant your body uses SO much of it. I was dreading taking iron supplements because I already having pooping problems, but I checked out the slow-release stuff and it’s actually not bad at all! Knock on wood..

This relates more to your more recent post(s) but I’m feeling much more relaxed about my food rules since getting pregnant, too. It’s very liberating and I’m hoping I can remain this way post-baby!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 10, 2010 at 8:49 pm

Me too Hayley. I’m really enjoying not being so restrictive! I tried the slow release iron pills, and no good. Hoping the Floradix stuff works for me – I’ve heard so many great things about it. I’ll let you know.