Back In The Flow

by HEAB on June 15, 2010

My butt hurts…but in a good way. Yesterday, I returned to my all time favorite yoga class taught by my favorite yoga teacher here in Nashville. I’d been a bit hesitant to go back as I hadn’t done a vinyasa flow class in over 4 months, but after emailing back and forth with the teacher, I felt confident that I would do just fine. Before class, we went over the poses I shouldn’t do and how I could modify other poses. Oh my gosh, it was so good to be back, and I really listened to my body…another important lesson the HEABlet is teaching me. Every time the class did a Chaturanga, I simply did a Cat/Cow pose flowing into Downward Dog, and although inversions are okay right now, I skipped plow and shoulder stand and went into an early Savasana. It was a challenging class, and I am sore today but so glad I went. After class, I was so full of energy, and accomplished everything I wanted to get done. Yep, starting to feel like my old self again…finally!

I even cooked!!!

Last night, CD and I dined on beef stroganoff made with filet mignon and salads…I’m having a love affair with banana peppers and going through a jar every two days. I really should start buying them in bulk. Anyway, the stroganoff was delicious if I do say so myself. The recipe came from the Now Eat This cookbook, but I used ghee instead of cooking spray and full fat sour cream instead of low fat sour cream. I also left out the onion as I still can’t stand the smell of onions cooking. Another great recipe – I am loving this cookbook! And to all my veggie friends out there, you could easily sub tempeh or seitan for the steak for a delicious vegetarian stroganoff. :)

After dinner, CD proceeded to pick out all the steak from the leftovers sitting in the cast iron skillet. However, I was able to rescue a few mushrooms for my breakfast this morning.

I made a mushroom and goat milk brie omelet alongside a toasted EarthGrains Thin Bun with apple butter. Mushroom and cheese omelets are the best!

Today is a bit crazy here at the HEAB household. We’re getting some new countertops installed, and our kitchen is going to be in disarray for the next couple of days…I see a lot of cereal in my future. :)

Thanks to everyone for all your input on the salad bar restaurant name yesterday. My friend was extremely grateful. :)

Question: What are your favorite omelet ingredients?

nikkionlunch June 15, 2010 at 8:56 am

The most memorable omelet I have had was at this little cafe in San Francisco, not far from the wharf. The veggie omelet sounded great to me, and I was expecting the typical veggie omelet with maybe some onions and peppers.

The omelet I got was chalk full of all sorts of veggies like carrots, peppers, onions, greenbeans, corn, broccoli, etc. There were veggies I hadn’t even thought to use for an omelet, and it was a great breakfast. YUM!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) June 15, 2010 at 9:01 am

It is cereal week here too, but mostly because it is so freakin’ hot! I know this will shock you, but I passed on some oatmeal yesterday…for cereal! I know, I should have warned you to sit before I said it!

Best omelet is the one I made the other day…cabbage slaw and daiya with some salsa for a little spice! YUM!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 15, 2010 at 9:03 am

Sarena, Who are you?!? ;)

Lindsey June 15, 2010 at 9:12 am

Mushrooms and Cheese are definitely my favorite omelet ingredients, plus avocado and drenched in salsa! Since I’m not eating dairy right now, I have yet to try a Mushroom and Daiya Cheese Omelet. I’m obsessed with the vegan Daiya, it almost tastes better than regular dairy cheese! Sometimes I’ll eat half my omelet with salsa and the other half with maple syrup. I LOVE eggs sipped in maple syrup :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 15, 2010 at 10:42 am

Lindsey, I love dipping my eggs in syrup when I eat them with pancakes. Such a good savory/sweet combo!

Alexx June 15, 2010 at 9:26 am

Ufff my favorite omelet is mushroom and spinach with turkey, black pepper, a lot of cheese and basil. I LOVE mushrooms and basil. Another very very nice omelet is with creme cheese and strawberrys with some cinnamon. It’s lovely if you add vanilla to the egg batter.

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 15, 2010 at 10:47 am

Alexx, Oh my gosh, your strawberry cream cheese omelet sounds amazing. I MUST make that soon!

gavrielski June 15, 2010 at 9:35 am

So glad you’re “back in the flow!” I also love mushrooms in my omelet, and my all-time favorite omelet is made with egg whites, mushrooms, avocado, spinach, and broccoli. I’m not a fan of meat or cheese in omelets, but I do love some veggies!

Heather (Heather's Dish) June 15, 2010 at 9:37 am

i need that omelet STAT…mushrooms and brie are a match made in heaven!

Ana June 15, 2010 at 10:13 am

I like omelets with tomatoes and cheese or with spinach and cheese, they are my favorites!
And cereal is always good, I never have a problem with them! You can also have some overnight oats, no counter top needed for those!
Oh, and I had oat bran yesterday, so good!! I was going to make your peach cobbler version but the peaches were rotten, so I just had oat bran with blobs of almond butter, just as good, I thought of you as I ate Heather!!
Good luck with the renovations, it is chaotic during the process but the results later are always worth it!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 15, 2010 at 10:45 am

Ana, Thanks for the encouragement. So excited about some things are are doing to the house, but it’s a bit of a process! Glad to know I was there in spirit last night as you ate your oat bran. :)

Felicia June 15, 2010 at 10:19 am

Love adding mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, cheese, and peppers.. topping with sauteed onion (soon enough youll be enjoying that again too). So nice to hear you are feeling like your old self. When you look back on how long it felt on how you were feeling so awful and never thought it would end, it always seems not as bad when things are good again. At least thats what I like to tell myself when things get better :) It sure makes you appreciate the little things more!

dorrybird June 15, 2010 at 10:23 am

So inspiring to see a pregnant lady practicing yoga! And wonderful to know there are modifications that keep you and the baby safe. My fave omelet ingredients are bell peppers, mushrooms and broccoli with fresh salsa.

I love banana peppers, too! Reminds me of high school lunches at Quizno’s. (10 years ago!)

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 15, 2010 at 10:50 am

Dorrybird, So funny – the banana peppers always remind me of Subway. I think that’s where I first discovered that I liked them.

cheerchik52 June 15, 2010 at 10:26 am

Mushrooms, onions, red + green bell peppers, and cheese! Mmmmm!

Jessica @ How Sweet June 15, 2010 at 10:35 am

Brie is one of my favorites! Also, a few weeks ago I made a fruit omelet which was just delicious.

Lauren (Clean Eats in the Dirty South) June 15, 2010 at 10:38 am

so glad you’re feeling better! :)
i make my vegan tofu scramble instead of an egg dish, but i add red and green bell peppers, onion, and tomato!

Marina June 15, 2010 at 10:38 am

Ham, cheese, mushrooms and spinach are my favorite :) But cheese is a must in every omelet :) )

homecookedem June 15, 2010 at 10:39 am

TOO FUNNY! I’ve been obsessed with banana peppers for the last week on my salads! :)

Glad you were able to do some yoga along with good modifications for you. It’s very encouraging to hear you’re feeling better and better in the second trimester!! :)

Have a wonderful day!!!!

Lindsay June 15, 2010 at 10:43 am

I love brie and sauteed aspargus in omelets. Actually, I like any mixture of cheese and vegetables, to be perfectly honest. My alltime fav combo is sharp cheddar and broccoli!

Emily June 15, 2010 at 10:44 am

I honestly love chopped up broccoli in my omelette. With a bit of cheese its a great combo! I also love green peppers and mushrooms – delish!

Kelsey June 15, 2010 at 10:49 am

yoga usually gives me such a great burst of energy.. and i love a good challenging class. nothing like waking up a little sore the next day and realizing ur gonna be that much stronger :)

mmm omelets are perfect with onion and spinach.. and butter nut squash too! wow!! so good <3

BethT June 15, 2010 at 10:58 am

isn’t it wonderful to start feeling like yourself again? I remember when I made the shift from pregnant & tired & not wanting to do anything to actually wanting to cook, exercise and get off my couch. It only gets better from here!

As for omelets, they kind of make me want to barf even when not pregnant (which is weird since I love eggs in other forms) so I can’t be much help there :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 15, 2010 at 2:36 pm

BethT, Yes, so happy be feeling better!

annecalista June 15, 2010 at 11:06 am

Mm I love mushroom and cheese omelets! And mushroom pizza…. with extra mushrooms. Stroganoff is fabulous as well- I have made the veggie stroganoff from The Moosewood Cookbook and it is a great recipe.

Brynne June 15, 2010 at 11:07 am

Spinach and feta are my favorites to throw in an omelet! Broccoli, ham, and onion are great too :0)

carrie June 15, 2010 at 11:09 am

We’ve been way into omelets lately! They are so quick and easy!! We love mushrooms, green peppers, sliced turkey, avocados, and daiya! yummy!!

That stroganoff looks SO delish!!

jqlee June 15, 2010 at 11:15 am

Ooooh LOTS of veggies and some pepperjack cheese. YUM!

A Teenage Gourmet June 15, 2010 at 11:28 am

Green peppers & onions. . . My dad loves cream cheese & chive.

brandi June 15, 2010 at 11:42 am

So glad you got to do some yoga and cook a great dinner! And I can’t wait to see the new countertops. I can’t wait until we get to buy a new house and have a new-er kitchen someday :)

Emilia June 15, 2010 at 11:44 am

Hey, Mmmm, I’m vegetarian, so the beef stroganoff didn’t look so good to me (well, maybe with tofu or seitan!), but I had an omelet quite similar to yours this morning: Mushroom, goat milk cheese and dill omelet in a whole wheat lavish wrap (From TJs…only the best) and fruit salad with wheat germ. YUM. That’s. All. I can. Say. :)

I’ve been reading your blog for a bit….i believe i found your blog from Broccoli Hut(http://thebroccolihut.com/) or Kath Eats Real Food or someone out there…in the ”foodie” blog world haha.

CHeck out my blog–http://namastegurl.blogspot.com/– It’s new and there’s not much too it…YET…. but with more viewers it shall get bigger :) You know about blog infancy days, it takes time. But check it out, i need more viewers!

Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather June 15, 2010 at 11:53 am

Swiss Chard in my omelet is the best!

Becki June 15, 2010 at 12:02 pm

My favorite has goat cheese, spinach, sundried tomatoes and diced avocado. Actually, typing that makes me want one. I’m gonna go get out the pan!

Miranda @ Mirandasjeans June 15, 2010 at 12:24 pm

No doubt some yoga will be good for you and the little HEABlet over the next couple of months. Modify modify modify right!

Annie D. @ Annie's Simple Life June 15, 2010 at 12:26 pm

I LOOOVE tons of veggies in my omelets. All kinds- so much so that I have to ask ‘Where is the egg?’

quinnlovescali June 15, 2010 at 12:30 pm

I need to make an omelet, asap.

Glad you’re feeling back to your spunky, healthy HEAB-self!

Diana (Soap & Chocolate) June 15, 2010 at 12:49 pm

I love the Mediterranean omelet at this diner in CT. It has spinach, mushrooms and feta. I think goat cheese would make it even betta than feta though. ;)

Kellie June 15, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Salsa. I love putting salsa and cheese in my omelet. I like anything spicy. I also have put sweet potato in my omelet and it is mighty good.

Gwen June 15, 2010 at 1:00 pm

I love spinach, mushrooms, blue cheese and green olives. My sweetie and I used to make homemade neopolitan pizza on Friday nights. The next morning we would make a pizza omelet with the leftover pizza toppings. Yum!

So glad you’re feeling the yoga again. I do an early morning intensive four mornings a week – I love it so much. It makes all aspects of my life just that much better!

Katie June 15, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Spinach, tomato, mushroom + feta!

saltytooth June 15, 2010 at 1:17 pm

I love mushrooms in omelets, lots of mushrooms.

runnerforever June 15, 2010 at 1:23 pm

A yoga class that makes you sore? LOVE it!!

Justine June 15, 2010 at 1:40 pm

I’m so happy for you about feeling like your old self again! Funny enough, my favourite thing in an omlette is spinach and onions! I love seeing applebutter on your blog as it puts fond memories of my Meme in my thoughts. I hope you have a nice day!

Sarah R June 15, 2010 at 1:48 pm

I love loading my omelets with vegetables and feta cheese. There’s just something about feta in an omelet that I just love. So glad you are starting to feel like your old self again!

Kristin June 15, 2010 at 1:52 pm

Yay for working out! I always get great stuff done after a workout. Your beef stroganoff and salad looks fantastic!

I agree on the mushrooms and cheese. My favorite omelet consists of leftover stuffed mushrooms. On the nights that we have large portobello mushrooms stuffed for dinner I make an extra one and the next morning slice it thin and lay it in the omelet. Also grilled mushrooms and zucchini make a very good omelet. I usually eat that one with salsa and no cheese. I am hungry now!

DiningAndDishing June 15, 2010 at 1:55 pm

The BEST omelette I ever had was a turkey, avocado, tomato and lemon cheese omelette at a little French cafe in DC. The lemon cheese gave it such a unique zing.

- Beth @ http://www.DiningAndDishing.com

eatmovelove June 15, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Glad to hear your excitement!

Omelets – whatever I can stuff in there pretty much !! Cheese, mushrooms, peppers…

Mary @ Bites and Bliss June 15, 2010 at 2:17 pm

I looovee mushrooms in omelets so I’d say that’s my favorite. One time I had an Ihop omelet with roasted tomatoes on top and it tasted like a pizza so that one was pretty good too.
Oh, and your plate looks like a big smiley :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 15, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Mary, Haha – totally did not even notice the smiley. :)

LesleyG June 15, 2010 at 2:37 pm

So great that your favorite class can be in your life again! :)

My favorite omelet ingredients are tomatoes, bacon, and cheese. We had an omelet station in college, and though the available ingredients were often slim pickings it was often the only good thing to eat for days in the cafeteria, so for me I think it’s nostalgic to have those ingredients. Of course, they are much better quality now.

P.S. I’ve had to catch up on a few posts– you’re looking just beautiful!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 15, 2010 at 2:43 pm

Thanks Lesley. :)

Katie June 15, 2010 at 3:22 pm

So glad to hear you’re feeling more and more like yourself again, and able to do yoga again.

I love banana peppers too, at least at Subway – but I’ve never bought them. What brand do you buy? I’m always nervous I’ll get a spicy pepper… and I am not a fan of spicy food!

Omelets that have tomatoes, mushrooms, cheese (cheddar I miss you!), olives and chives in them are mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 16, 2010 at 8:40 am

Hey Katie, Not sure of the brand of banana peppers I buy – Marquette or something if I remember correctly. (I would look but I’m not at home). I bought them at Kroger – my regular grocery store, and I know the jar said “mild”. Definitely not too hot.

Tina June 15, 2010 at 3:29 pm

I’m glad you are feeling more like yourself! Isn’t it crazy how much growing babies can teach us. I learned so much during my pregnancy with my daughter and I’m already relearning and having to readjust to those lessons again this time around. I’m trying to be patient for the first tri to pass (SOON!) so I can feel more normal. That was always the hardest thing for me – not feeling 100% like myself. You are doing so amazing in pregnancy.

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 16, 2010 at 8:50 am

Thanks Tina! Yes, the first trimester wasn’t much fun, but good to know there is an end in sight. Many congrats to you on baby #2. :)

Miranda June 15, 2010 at 3:49 pm

I am soooo loving tomatoes and feta cheese right now. I want one almost every morning! I have this great spinach & herb dried mix that I also like to toss in. It’s made from Tastefully Simple and it’s all natrual. It’s actually a dip mix but I just sprinkle some on and then the cheese and followed up with fresh tomatos! Yum….wanting one right now!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 16, 2010 at 8:52 am

Miranda, Summer tomatoes are the best! I’ll have to look for that dried herb mix – sounds like such an easy way to kick up the flavor. Thanks for the tip. :)

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) June 15, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Mmm, look at that deliciousness! My fave omelette ingredients are broccoli, spinach, goat cheese, sauteed ‘shrooms and sundried tomatoes! And yes, I have tried to stuff it all in one. No, it did not work, but I ate in anyway. Yum!

xo
Kris

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 16, 2010 at 8:53 am

Kristin, Overstuffed omelets are the best kind. :)

Katie June 15, 2010 at 4:59 pm

I don’t make omelets because I can’t flip them to save my life, but I make egg scrambles all the time. I’ll take them with any veggies I can fit into the pan, but they will always have mustard and salsa and/or nooch. Mustard is non-negotiable in eggs. Or really in everything. :)

Glad to hear you are getting back to the yoga mat!

Kendall June 15, 2010 at 5:21 pm

I like omelets with lots of veggies such as onion, mushroom, pepper, tomato, swiss and Cholula hot sauce (the one with the wooden cap)! Another favorite is goat cheese (or goat brie) with apricot fruit spread. It is a really amazing combo with eggs.

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 16, 2010 at 8:54 am

Kendall, I’m liking your sweet/savory combo. I think I have some apricot spread in my fridge…and I ALWAYS have goat cheese. :)

Kelly June 15, 2010 at 5:27 pm

I love omelets! I love mushrooms, spinach and tomatoes in mine! DELISH! Although my husband hates tomotoes and it totally grosses him out! haha!

marshell y. Roper June 15, 2010 at 5:39 pm

Swiss cheese(lots of it), pineapple, broccoli, red peppers & honey baked ham. When ever I have left over ham I am sure to make an omelet the next day or 2.
I love broccoli with anything I cook (mostly), in it or on the side! Yes, I am a broccoli freak!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 16, 2010 at 8:55 am

Marshell, AKA broccoli freak, Nothing wrong with that!

maxinthegym June 15, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Yay for getting back into yoga!

My ultimate omelet would have onions, ham, and lots of cheese!

Katherine: What About Summer? June 15, 2010 at 6:04 pm

I use to work at a breakfast/brunch/lunch restaurant that served build-your-own omelets. Everyone would pick some meat and cheese toppings but I’ve a soft spot for veggies
Katherine

Pure2raw twins June 15, 2010 at 6:22 pm

Glad you are starting to feel like your old self!! And yay for cooking!!! I sure wish we could come over and we do all the cooking for you!!

Omelet looks good…I would say veggies are my fav!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 16, 2010 at 8:49 am

Pure2Raw, You are welcome anytime in Nashville! Would love some of your “un”-cooking. :)

Jenny June 15, 2010 at 6:53 pm

I’m so happy to hear your reintroduction to yoga was a good one, though I had no doubts. Yoga is in your blood, girl :) I always opt out of plow and shoulder stand — my neck just can’t handle it.

Enjoy the rest of your night!

Kimberly June 15, 2010 at 7:01 pm

YAY for Yoga!! :)

eatwellbewelllivewell June 15, 2010 at 7:06 pm

So glad to hear that you got back to your yoga. I am always inspired by the pregnant women in my yoga class; they always seem so strong and powerful to me :)

As for omelet’s, I am on a hiatus from them these days because I used to LIVE for my morning egg whites and I think I have exhausted that for a bit. My fav omelet would have to be egg white omelet with spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, and cheddar cheese:) Yum!

Pat June 15, 2010 at 7:15 pm

So glad to hear that you are turning a corner and beginning to feel like yourself again! My favorite omelette, which I have been eating almost everyday for the past few weeks, is egg whites (or one whole egg added in), red pepper, asparagus, turkey bacon and goat cheese crumble or swiss cheese. I crave one every morning!

Lara (Thinspired) June 15, 2010 at 8:07 pm

Hi Heabie! Just catching up on your posts, I’m so glad to read you are starting to feel like your “old” self again :) I love having a sore bottom too…are we weird?!

Favorite omelet ingredients have to be the trio of onions, mushrooms, and peppers…and if I’m feeling fancy or indulgent I have ham and/or cheese :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 16, 2010 at 8:48 am

Lara, Sore bottoms unite. :)

Gina June 15, 2010 at 8:12 pm

Many mornings I make an egg white omelet with spinach, crumbled goat cheese and dill, served over cinnamon-raisin Ezekiel bread. It’s a great savory/sweet combo!

Last week while we were vacationing with friends, I made omelets with leftover canned chipotle peppers, and topped them with a drizzle of adobo sauce and a dollop of homemade guacamole. I didn’t eat one but everyone said they were awesome!

lara June 15, 2010 at 8:12 pm

My omelet ingredients vary, but lately I have been craving and enjoying fresh tomato and feta cheese!!! YUMMY! If you like, a tiny drizzle of balsamic vinegar on top is great!

Love getting your emails….thanks
lara

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 16, 2010 at 8:47 am

Lara, Drizzle of balsamic…I must remember that! :)

edenseats June 15, 2010 at 8:34 pm

I like sweet omelets with cottage cheese and a warm blueberry sauce inside like a crepe of some sort. You make it look so damn good!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 16, 2010 at 8:46 am

Edenseats, Your sweet omelet sounds amazing!

Emily June 15, 2010 at 8:53 pm

I indulged in my favorite omelet at a restaurant in Charleston, South Carolina called Three Little Birds (threelittlebirdscafe [dot] com). I believe it was called the Greek Omelet, and it was made with sauteed spinach, tomatoes, onions, kalamata olives, and feta cheese. So yummy!

I’ve actually also had an omelet with banana peppers! I absolutely love BPs. Have you had them on pizza? I would eat them on pretty much anything if I could!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 16, 2010 at 8:45 am

Emily, Yes, banana peppers make a great pizza topping…I think I could eat them on anything too! :)

Gluten Free Muse June 15, 2010 at 9:17 pm

Hey Heather!

I’ve noticed that you get a bunch of great freebies from all these awesome companies…gluten free too! How do you go about getting all these awesome trial foods?? I would love to be a taste tester :0)

Thanks!
Alyssa

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 16, 2010 at 8:44 am

Gluten Free Muse, In the beginning, I would contact companies to ask if I could do product reviews for my blog. Now, for the most part, they contact me. However, if I find an obscure product online that I would like to try or think my readers would be interested in, I’ll just email the company and ask them for a sample. I figure the worst they can say is “no”. Never hurts to ask! :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) June 15, 2010 at 9:39 pm

So happy for you, Heather, that you got some yoga in! And of course, that you listened to your body (that’s heablet screaming at you!) and made modifications. Engaging the core in order to do a nice chaturanga is often too much for many pregnant women and you intuitively did cat/dog…perfect!

Did you also know that sitting on one of those huge exercise balls is helpful (reportedly) for getting everything from your parts to heablet in the right place? Just thought I’d mention in case you didnt know. :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 16, 2010 at 8:42 am

Averie, No, I did not know that about the exercise ball. I own one and will have to try that – thanks!

BroccoliHut June 15, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Aside from the obvious broccoli omelet filler, I also like shrooms with spinach and mozzarella.

MizFit June 16, 2010 at 4:21 am

Im so boring I probably should not be allowed to comment :)

veggies.
anything
whatever is in the fridge
OMLETTEFIED and eaten.

xo xo

christine June 16, 2010 at 4:57 am

mmm…there’s a great place in Wayne, PA that makes an omelet with goat cheese and asparagus…sooooo yummy! left to my own devices though, i love peppers, onions and either spinach or brocolli.

Samantha June 16, 2010 at 5:12 am

I think I want your first commenter’s omelet! Yum! Honestly, I like them with pretty much any veggie, and some feta or blue cheese. Mmmmmm.

Banana peppers = YUM!

Carly June 16, 2010 at 6:32 am

I am pregs and my kitchen has been out of commission for 4 weeks getting new cabinets, countertops and tile. Ahhh! It has sucked big time. But, I have been struck with some mega nesting desires so I know it will be worth it in the end. Good luck and hang in there!!!!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 16, 2010 at 8:41 am

Carly, Oh my gosh – you poor thing. We’re only without a kitchen for a couple of days, and it has not been fun. Best of luck to you, and yes, it will so be worth it in the end!

foodiefresh June 16, 2010 at 9:36 am

Every omelet needs something creamy like really good soft cheese (brie, goat, or feta) or avocado/guac as a topping. :)

peacebeme June 16, 2010 at 9:39 am

Hi Heather,

Had a random question for you…just a similarity between us. Are you from Colorado? I was born and raised here in Denver and until last summer, I lived in Nashville for a year while I attended graduate school at Vanderbilt. My boyfriend was stationed at Ft. Campbell so I actually lived in Clarksville part of that time (yuck) and then moved down to Nashville. I think Nashville is an awesome town! Everytime I read your posts I get a little nostalgic. :) Last summer, I moved back to Colorado to be with my family during his deployment and to finish grad school here, as the stress of trying to afford being on my own and paying for Vanderbilt was too much for me. Just wondering… :)

I also love mushrooms in an omelet! It is so awesome that being pregnant is teaching you even more about listening to your body.

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 16, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Peacebeme, Am I from Colorado – Ha, I wish! Nope, lived in Nashville most of my life, and I really do love it here. However, I love Colorado with all of my heart. Such an amazing state! My husband and I usually spend about 6 weeks out there every summer. His boss allows him to work from out there in July and August. So, as long as we have Internet access, he’s good to go. Last summer we lived in a yurt in Woodland Park. Oh my gosh, it was so cool! The year before that we stayed in a house on Barr Trail in Manitou Springs. Unfortunately, this year, we’re unable to go to altitude since I’m pregnant, but we hope to be back next summer. We love packing up our dogs and heading west for some fresh mountain air – please breathe some in for me, and while you’re at it, go eat at WaterCourse. Love that restaurant. Let me know if you’re ever in Nashville – would love to meet up!

Randi June 16, 2010 at 11:09 am

I was happy to see this post about you going back to a Vinyasa class. I have also been skipping my vinyasa class for fear that I won’t be able to do it anymore!I’ve only been doing prenatal which as you know is less intense. I’m scared I’ve lost all my strength and not sure if I can even hold a downward dog for longer than 30 seconds. OKAY, you’ve inspired me now! Seriously, I <3 your blog!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 16, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Randi, Your body will remember what to do. I promise! :)

Gluten Free Muse June 16, 2010 at 1:32 pm

Heather! You have to tell me where this WaterCourse restaurant is! I’m going to hike the Incline this weekend and am completely stoked about eating at Adam’s Mountain Cafe. Have you ever tried that? It is in Manitou, right behind the Yerba Mate Cafe :-) or Mate Factor…can’t remember. Hope to get you back out to CO next summer!

~Alyssa

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 16, 2010 at 1:38 pm

Alyssa, Adam’s Mountain is my favorite!!! Also love Trinity Brewing Company in the Springs (the BEST sweet potato fries). Oh the Incline – how I miss it. What a workout! WaterCourse is in Denver: http://www.watercoursefoods.com/. If you like Adams, I think you would love Watercourse. :)

Nadine June 16, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Oh Heather,
I saw those O’s in the WF’s aisle yesterday. For a moment I stopped and thought…Yum! But then I decided they could be as fabulous as the real thing, which could open a door to junky deliciousness I was not willing to risk opening. Glad you enjoyed them. Yum!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 16, 2010 at 5:49 pm

Nadine, You’re missing out. :)

Susan June 18, 2010 at 8:33 am

Ahhh, I wish you could have done some yoga in Banff with me, with the mountains in the background. You would have loved it!! I’m happy you were able to go back to your old class. And I think cat/cow sounds MUCH better than a torturous chaturanga ;)

Oh…and I got your liver pate recipe! I’ve already tracked down some organic chicken liver from a local farm close to here. It’s on the “to make soon” list :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 18, 2010 at 11:08 am

Susan, I think you will love the liver pate. I need to make it again soon, and I’ve heard Banff is nothing short of amazing. I will see it someday! :)

{ 1 trackback }