A Pizza Date & Kermit Muffins

by HEAB on June 26, 2010

Last night, CD and I went out for pizza with our friends Whitney and Nick.

We ate at Davinci’s, my favorite pizza restaurant in town…but I’m biased since I used to work there. :)

I ordered a large garden salad and split a vegetable pie pizza with Whitney.

IMG_5241.JPG IMG_5243.JPG

So yummy! Whitney and Nick, I loved getting to hang out with the two of you, and I’m already looking forward to next time!

I was full after dinner, and Chris and I were anxious to get home as it looked like it was about to storm. Radley, our youngest pup, freaks out whenever there is thunder. However, on the way home, the skies cleared, and I mentioned I wanted ice-cream. CD has learned not to question my cravings and headed straight for Sweet CeCe’s for some frozen yogurt. Good job CD! :)

I was kind of surprised when the cashier asked me if I was pregnant (must have been the boobs ;) ), but apparently yogurt is buy one get one free for expecting couples…why did I not know about this?!? Such a fun evening with my hubby and friends. I totally OD’d on the dairy, but it was worth it!

Oh, and yesterday, I was craving more cake and or muffins, so I made some greenish ones…and enjoyed two for breakfast this morning in a big goat milk yogurt mess along with Trader Joe’s High Fiber twigs, and a peach.

IMG_5237.JPG IMG_5248.JPG

For the recipe, please click here. (They are low carb as well dairy and gluten-free).

Hope everyone has a good Saturday. CD and I are off to a birthing class to learn all about the joys of labor. :)

Meghan@traveleatlove June 26, 2010 at 8:09 am

Awwww exciting! That pizza looks delicious!

Evan Thomas June 26, 2010 at 8:10 am

Lol. That buy one get one free deal is awesome! But I’d hate to be the cashier who makes a mistake and asks the wrong person…

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 26, 2010 at 8:15 am

Evan, I was thinking the exact same thing. She’s brave to ask as I’ve made that mistake before and vowed NEVER to do it again. So embarrassing when the girl wasn’t pregnant.

gina (fitnessista) June 26, 2010 at 8:14 am

you are GLOWING :)
love that yogurt discount, too. awesome!
so glad you had a good night- enjoy the rest of your weekend
xoxo

Little Bookworm June 26, 2010 at 8:16 am

Love the Kermit Muffins – cute name! Glad you had a nice evening out. :)

Heather June 26, 2010 at 8:18 am

Nice deal for expecting couples!! Never heard of such a thing :)
Kermit muffins look good.
My uncle’s middle name is Kermit-no joke :)

Kelly June 26, 2010 at 8:18 am

So glad you had a fun night out with your friends! And score on getting free fro-yo! Those pregnancy boobs have their perks huh?? I’m kidding!!! Have a great day Heather!

Jessica @ How Sweet June 26, 2010 at 8:22 am

That is so cool that yogurt is buy one get one!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) June 26, 2010 at 8:28 am

That pizza looks so good! I already planned on making pizza tonight and now it is a must! Have a great time at class! Those are definitely interesting. I actually went with my parents when I was a kid and my mom was pregnant with my second from the last sister. Yikes the birthing video. Don’t let it freak you out! That seems to be the part that gets most people.

Marilou @ Mostly Healthy June 26, 2010 at 8:44 am

Very tricky question to ask someone! Way to exploit pregnant women cravings hehehe :)

Stefanie June 26, 2010 at 8:49 am

You are going to be a walking sundae by the time your HEABlet is born. :) Have a great day!

homecookedem June 26, 2010 at 9:11 am

That pizza looks gooooooooooooood!! Very cool that you can get buy one get one free at the fro yo place!! I need to start announcing my pregnancy everywhere, ya know, just in case! ;)

Megan @ The Oatmeal Diaries June 26, 2010 at 9:12 am

Pizza dates are the best! And that’s so cool that you got the buy one get one free fro yo. You’ll have to keep going back there til your baby comes!

missyrayn June 26, 2010 at 9:18 am

It is so funny that the yogurt was BOGO for expecting couples but I wouldn’t want to be the cashier who had to ask.

Brynne June 26, 2010 at 9:19 am

BOGO fro yo for expecting couples? If I’m ever in TN, I’m shoving a pillow in my shirt and keeping both cups for myself.

Thislady25 June 26, 2010 at 9:34 am

Aw sounds like a fun and that pizza looks yuummy. I’m so envious of pregnancy boobs lol my sister in law filled out so much after she had my niece. You look wonderful moms =).

Run Sarah June 26, 2010 at 9:36 am

Love the green muffins, they look delicious! BOGO froyo for pregnant ladies? How awesome! Hope the birthing class goes well today.

marshell y. Roper June 26, 2010 at 10:00 am

Heather,
I love it when you include “low card” in your daily eating excursions.
It gives me something to enjoy along with you!
love ya~~~~Shell
PS down 16 pounds!!! and counting!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 26, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Awesome Shell! :)

mapledreams June 26, 2010 at 10:03 am

Being pregnant does seem to have amazing perks;-)!!! hope you have fun at birthing class…i’m sure it will be….eye opening!!! xx

A Teenage Gourmet June 26, 2010 at 10:03 am

My town needs a fro-yo place. . . gahhh. We just got a local pizza joint though. I feel like we’re moving up in the world. ;)

hayleycepeda June 26, 2010 at 10:08 am

I wonder if any of the frozen yogurt places around here offer that deal?! If so then I am totally there! I’ve been wanting ice cream/frozen yogurt a lot lately – probably because of the heat! :)

Your pizza and salad look SO YUMMY!! :) Let me know how the birthing class goes! Chris and I are signed up for a weekend-long class in July…

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 26, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Hayley, I love our birthing class. I opted not to take the class offered by our hospital b/c I really want to do a natural birth with very little interventions. Our instructor is awesome. She is really involved with the mid-wives network here in town, but had all 3 of her babies at a hospital. So, she gives you both sides to everything. I feel so much more confident in my body’s ability to do this. We still have 2 more classes left, but I’ve already gotten so much out of the first two. I hope your classes go well!

Claire June 26, 2010 at 10:16 am

Thank you for the recipes!!I’m looking for healthy muffins and things to make for my folks.They have both been inthe hospital these past couple months and I’ve put my foot down on their bad habits….I think pregnancy( someday) will be my only hope for boobs.hehe:-)cc

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 26, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Claire, You’re welcome. :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 26, 2010 at 12:25 pm

Claire, PS – Hope the recipes help your parents!!

The Fit Collegiate June 26, 2010 at 10:25 am

I LOVE SWEET CECE’s! Did you go to the new one in Hillsboro? I was so happy when I saw that they opened one up so close to campus!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 26, 2010 at 12:23 pm

Anna, Nope, we went to the one in Belle Meade, but I heard they opened up another location in Hillsboro Village. I can walk there! :)

kim June 26, 2010 at 10:33 am

Ah…the pregnancy class. The even better one was the “Daddy Boot Camp” soon after. Both scared the hell out of both of us! We just kind of went with the flow and learned as we went, Bella seems to have turned out ok. I remember after my emergency C Sec having some wierd contractions and the nurse saying ” use your breathing you learned in the birthing class”. I also remember saying to her in my morphine/ demerol induced haze ” umm, yeah, kind of tuned out in that class, dont recall the breathing part”!

Have fun, the classes do make it all more exciting! Ummm, frozen yogurt, was one of my faves as well! Did you find out if it is a Heablette or a Heablet? I still think my very early prediction is right on…

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 26, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Kim, Nope, not yet – we find out this week. We can’t wait! :)

Katie June 26, 2010 at 10:43 am

Brocolli on pizza is my idea of a pizza!!

Avocado in baked goods is my idea of a sweet!

The greens are just pouring out of your post….but not into my mouth. May have to take matters into my own hands here.

Frugal 'n' Fit! June 26, 2010 at 11:02 am

Wow, I am very impressed with the ‘buy one get one free” deal for expecting couples! What a clever business maneuver. They know how the minds of pregnant women work! :)

Marina June 26, 2010 at 11:09 am

pizza looks so great!
That such an awesome thing, to get one free for those with babies inside them :)

Whitney June 26, 2010 at 11:32 am

We had a great time with you and CD last night! Can’t believe you went to Sweet Cece’s- we were SO close to doing the same! Love that place….and I bet Radley is freaking out right about now with the thunder!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 26, 2010 at 12:20 pm

Whitney, That would have been hilarious to see and Nick at Sweet Cece’s – we love that place! Yep, just got home from class, and Radley was eagerly awaiting our arrival. Let’s do dinner again soon – seriously!

Krystina June 26, 2010 at 11:39 am

I love seeing pictures of you because you positively glow.

lindsay June 26, 2010 at 12:41 pm

Now thats a deal! What if 2 pregnant ladies walk in and order? Free for all? hehe. Love that muffin recipe. thats definitely my next baking project!

Lynn June 26, 2010 at 1:20 pm

Heather, I am so happy you are going to try for a natural birth. I never went to any classes, but I read a book on the Bradley Method and it worked amazingly well. I had to have pitocin to regulate contractions, but other than that, I had a completely natural hospital birth and felt AMAZING afterward. Your yoga will help you through labor. It’s all about letting your body do what it’s made to do.
Can’t wait to hear whether you guys are having a boy HEABlet or a girl HEABlet! (Oh and that breakfast looks UNBELIEVABLE!)

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 26, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Lynn, Oh my gosh…pitocin. I admire for you so much for getting through that as I hear it makes the contractions much more intense. Thanks for your encouragement – more helpful than you know! :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) June 26, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Here’s to natural, intervention-free birth! I dont need to tell you here how passionate I am! :)

I remember many Saturday afternoons w/ Scott going to birthing classes. They were great to really get the dads totally in the zone and on board w/ what was going to happen. And usually there was plenty of massage time, i.e. dad massages mom b/c she needs it and it’s good practice for the day of.

I already knew that on the day of, I would not want him touching me (yes, that’s how it went down, as i knew it would), I did my thing, beautiful birth, and I know you will have the same!!
xo

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 26, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Averie, We have an entire day-long massage workshop as our part of our birth class series…and I think I’m much more excited about it than CD is. ;)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss June 26, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Buy one get one free for expecting couples?! That’s better than the “expecting mothers” parking spaces!

Melissa @ Tryingtoheal June 26, 2010 at 3:40 pm

dude, buy one get one half off for expecting couples!? how awesome!!!

and that pizza looks great!

Jill June 26, 2010 at 3:57 pm

How is it I never knew you worked at DaVinci’s…and I’ve been here over 20yrs and never been there? It is now on my to do list! And…you must share the CD -isms about birthing class with us…I bet it is going to be fun and interesting!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 26, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Jill, Oh my gosh, you, me, CD, and Joe at Davinci’s soon! I’m trying to get in a lot of outings with friends before the HEABlet arrives! I would love to introduce to you to Nashville’s best pizza! I worked there during massage therapy school and after while I built up my practice. Love that place! CD is enjoying the classes…although after today he’s a bit nervous about bringing baby home. However, I know we’ll be fine. :)

Samantha June 26, 2010 at 5:06 pm

That was brave of the cashier to ask! (someone asked me when I was due a few weeks ago…I’m NOT pregnant! :( ) But yay for free fro yo as a result!

Pregnancy boobs are great, wish mine had remained. ha ha!

That pizza…YUM! And the kermit muffins are on my list “to make”, I need to start a binder just for HEAB recipes since I eat them so much. ;)

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 26, 2010 at 8:06 pm

Sam, a HEAB binder – ha, I love it! I’m so glad to know that you’re enjoying my recipes all the way in Guam!

Carolyn June 26, 2010 at 5:16 pm

I love that picture of you two at the ice cream store. Cute. And you both look so happy.

You’re going to do great on birthin day no matter what you chose to do or not do in the end! It’s all good, and you’ll have that little Heablet! CD you are going to be the best most organized dad around.

We have discussions in my family, ahead of upcoming births, as to what the “in labor” wife will scream out at the husband.. (i hate you, it’s all your fault… etc etc..) Best thing so far is someone admitted they never really went to college… :-)

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 27, 2010 at 4:48 am

Carolyn, I was very happy at the ice-cream store…I wonder what I’ll confess during labor. Hehe. I’ll email you soon. :)

Gaby June 26, 2010 at 5:35 pm

The feeling I get after hanging out with good friends like that has to be one of the best in the world! You and CD seem so ridiculously happy, it’s contagious!

Kati June 26, 2010 at 6:08 pm

The pizza looks delicious, and it’s always promising when a former employee will eat the food at a restaurant! I would never eat at the restaurant where I used to work on account of the “taste-testing” that servers liked to do before serving food…but we shan’t speak of such things. I hope your class went well!!

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 26, 2010 at 8:08 pm

Kati, My manager used to joke that I ate at Davinci’s more than any other employee. Couldn’t help myself…too good! Oh, and since we’re speaking of things we shouldn’t, I once ate a customer’s leftover pizza. I did. They actually offered it to me when I said I had never tried that particular combo. It was worth it…I’d do it again. ;)

Erica June 26, 2010 at 6:45 pm

sweet ceces? You know I’m jealous. That stuff is ridiculous good. And with that kind of deal…I’m totally moving out there when we decide to get preggers hahah. JK….kind of ;) Hope you’re feeling well.

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 27, 2010 at 5:14 am

Erica, Are you guys going to make it to Nashville next weekend?!?

Heather June 26, 2010 at 7:51 pm

you are so beautiful! is it weird that i kind of envy your baby? all of that great food! :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 27, 2010 at 5:14 am

Heather, no need to be jealous of the HEABlet….well, maybe just a little. ;)

Ilana June 26, 2010 at 9:29 pm

um..buy one get one free? makes me think about getting pregnant! jk…oh gosh.

Mimi June 26, 2010 at 10:06 pm

Score for preggy boobs!

I want to try these muffins! However, I’m out of avocado. If I wanted to use something like avocado oil or a nut butter, about how much should I use to equal 1/2 an avo?

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 27, 2010 at 5:09 am

Mimi, I would use 2 TBSP of nut butter or 2 TBSP avocado oil…I’m leaning towards the nut butter, and if you use sunflower seed butter, they would still be green. Something about baking with sunflower seed butter turns it green. So, you could still call them Kermit muffins. :)

Kelsey June 26, 2010 at 10:36 pm

i love the idea of baking little healthy muffins and mixing them with yogurt. i remember making bran muffins with my mom and then mixing it in a bowl with vanilla ice cream. there was nothing quite like it, mmm.

i love how the pizza has delicious BRIGHT green broccoli and i think thats purple cabbage on there too <3 i'd almost not wanna share it lol.

Bekah June 26, 2010 at 11:19 pm

oooh, the power of a craving, right?! CD is a smart man not to question that one. :) pizza and fro yo sound like a splendid night!

Katherine: What About Summer? June 27, 2010 at 4:21 am

I just watched “Away We Go” and there is a little exercise pregnancy rap in it (too funny not to share)
You get much more
from your pelvic floor
When you pass on the bagel
and do one more Kegel

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 27, 2010 at 5:09 am

Katherine, I loved Away We Go – amazing soundtrack…however, I don’t think the pregnancy rap was included. ;)

annecalista June 27, 2010 at 5:24 am

That’s so clever of that fro yo place to have such a deal, how funny!
Have you seen The Business of Being Born? It seems like a movie you’d be interested in, it’s all about natural birth/midwifery vs. hospital births. It really opened my eyes to how much pregnancy has become a for-profit thing in the U.S. Definitely worth a watch. :-)

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 27, 2010 at 5:25 am

Annecalista, I have not seen that movie, but my birthing instructor recommended it. In fact, I’m putting it in my Netflix queue right now. Thanks for the reminder!

Ana June 27, 2010 at 11:17 am

The pizza looks really good, and you look great Heahter! Cool deal on the ice cream, yummmm!!

Emilia June 27, 2010 at 9:56 pm

Heather~ My protein ice cream is STILL turning out as a big, fat blob :( I just want my soft-serve ice cream! I’m adding– as you said in your video– I cup almond milk, 1/2 t. guar and 1/4 zanthum, and rainbow light vanilla rice protein. Could it be the protein powder– does yours have more of the gums? Or the blender? Or another trick you have? ;( Then I just add my sweeteners and blend again. What’s happening and can you help me?

Heather Eats Almond Butter June 28, 2010 at 7:50 am

Emilia, According to the label, Jay’s rice protein powder does not contain xanthan gum. If Rainbow light does, I would use even less of the xanthan gum. If it does not, I’m not sure what’s going on unless it’s your blender. What kind do you have. Everyone I know that has a Vita-Mix or Blendtec has no problems making the ice-cream. Perhaps cut down on both gums and see what happens. I would do 1/3 tsp guar and 1/8 tsp xanthan. Hope this helps!!!