The Morning Veggie Mess Is Back

by HEAB on July 3, 2010

Lately, I’ve been waking up a lot of mornings craving sweet sweet sweet. However, after one too many pieces of the gender cake over the past 24 hours, I was ready for anything but sweet this morning! I woke up at 7 AM starving and ransacked our fridge for every savory item I could find. The following is what I ended up with…let me see if I can remember everything I threw into the skillet…

First up, I sauteed an 8 ounce container of sliced mushrooms with a handful of chopped cherry tomatoes and Wing Sauce (I am obsessed with that stuff these days!). I then threw in some grilled chicken breast strips and several cups of baby spinach. Once the spinach was cooked down, I poured in 1 egg whisked together with 2 egg whites and scrambled away. At the last minute I added 1 slice of goat milk cheese. I think that’s it. :)

Ahh, a big veggie egg scramble…just like old times. So delicious!

However, I do have one sweet to share with you guys before I go. Even though I failed at making a chocolate chip vagina cake, one of my favorite readers got creative and made one in honor of the HEABlet. I about fell out of my chair yesterday when I received the photos of the cake via email. Are you ready for this?

I present to you Carolyn’s Va-Jaycake

The ingredients used…

P1000065.JPG

The final product…

P1000052 (2).JPG

Close up of the lovely artwork…

P1000053.JPG

Haha, I had no idea they even made strawberry Whoppers. Oh Carolyn how you make me laugh, and just so you know, I hear her husband thoroughly enjoyed the cake! ;)

On a more serious note, I was honored when Dana asked me to take part in her Love Your Body series, and to read my post, please click here.

VeggieGirl July 3, 2010 at 10:05 am

Sorry, but my mind is in the gutter with the pattern on the cake (in the last photo).

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 3, 2010 at 10:06 am

VeggieGirl, Hehe – that was the point.

VeggieGirl July 3, 2010 at 10:06 am

And yes, I realize you already pointed it out in the post, haha :-D

Tina July 3, 2010 at 10:07 am

Bahahaa! That is the first time I heave ever heard of or seen a vajayjay cake, but hey I bet it tastes good and it is fun. Hmmm…wonder if that would be appropriate for a baby shower? ;)

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 3, 2010 at 10:09 am

Tina, I don’t see why not…although the grandmothers might be a bit shocked. ;)

homecookedem July 3, 2010 at 10:11 am

LOVE the vajayjay cake!! :) I never would have thought that one up, haha!!!!!!! Now I want some strawberry whoppers!!

Jenny July 3, 2010 at 10:16 am

That’s a beautiful cake! I’m craving something sweet today!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) July 3, 2010 at 10:17 am

Veggie scramble! Can never go wrong with that! Nice vajayjay cake! We made boobs one time for a friend. It is always quite the experience making body part cakes!

Run Sarah July 3, 2010 at 10:19 am

Yum – your morning veggie scramble looks delicious! That cake is awesome – totally made me laugh!

A teenage gourmet July 3, 2010 at 10:23 am

Oh my, hahahaha! I’m a sweet breakfast girl; today for fruit and granola and yogurt. I try to mix it up sometimes, but I prefer my sweetness. :)

Carbzilla July 3, 2010 at 10:38 am

HEE-LARIOUS! Way to go, Carolyn!

I also had no idea they made strawberry malted milk balls!

Yesterday, a friend and I brought a malted milkshake to a pregnant friend who’s due on Monday. My (unpregnant) friend’s grandpa believed that malteds helped bring on labor, and our pregnant friend is READY! I hadn’t tasted malted anything in a long time. It was delish! (We used Ovaltine Malted powder in the shake). Anyway, good to know in case you go past your due date. Apparently, pedicures and a certain salad dressing from Los Angeles are also purported to bring on labor, FWIW.

Enjoy your holiday weekend!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 3, 2010 at 10:44 am

Carbzilla, Oh my gosh, I used to love malted milkshakes back in the day – definitely good to know! Hope you have a great 4th, and I hope your friend delivers soon! :)

Sarah July 3, 2010 at 10:50 am

Looks like a fun cake ;) In college there’d be a performance of the Vagina Monologues every year and when you purchased a ticket you got a free vajajay chocolate lollipop.

Again congratulations on the baby heablet :)

Meg July 3, 2010 at 11:03 am

HAHA thank you, HEAB, for once again making my day with a blog post :) I know I’m always in for a treat when I come to your blog.

On another note – I’m having a veggie scramble for lunch sans chicken, but with roast beef :)

Melissa @ For the Love of Health July 3, 2010 at 11:26 am

haha love the cake!
I can’t say I know of anyone else who eats veggies for breakfast like that but it’s awesome! :-)
Check out my blog for my giveaway!

hayleycepeda July 3, 2010 at 11:33 am

Now THAT is a cake!!! I absolutely love it!!! Wish someone had made me a vagina cake…teehee…not quite sure I could bring myself to eat it though! Ha ha!! I love your messy breakfast this morning, too. For some reason messy meals always taste the best! At least IMHO.. :)

I loved your post that you wrote on loving your body – I read it yesterday…very appropriate and you are totally glowing beautiful girl!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 3, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Hayley, Thanks so much my fellow messy meal lovin glowing mama-to-be! :)

Jessica @ How Sweet July 3, 2010 at 11:34 am

Hahaha oh my gosh that cake is fantastic.

Heather July 3, 2010 at 11:35 am

hurray for veggie messes! they seriously always look so delicious :)

Frugal 'n' Fit! July 3, 2010 at 11:40 am

I tried making a vagina cake once but I focused more on the uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries. It was pretty intense! Penis cakes are much easier (have also made one of those too!)(I really need to get more hobbies!).

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 3, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Frugal ‘n’ Fit, I’m impressed, and I might just email you next time I have a baby shower to attend…especially if the mama-to-be is having fraternal twins. I’d love to have a vagina and penis cake on the table. Hilarious!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) July 3, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Oh I am quite impressed! I wonder who Carolyn fed that cake to! Hopefully she had a baby shower or a bathclorette party this weekend LOL

Just emailed you w/ the deets :)

xox

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 3, 2010 at 12:28 pm

Averie, I believe the lucky recipient of the cake was her hubby. Lucky guy, huh? Thanks again for your email! :)

Ana July 3, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Awesome post about loving your body Heather, really liked every word you wrote there. So inspiring, we truly need to love our bodies. Taking care of yourself is something no one else can do for you!
The morning scramble looks so yummy! However I can never get myself to eat veggies in the morning, I always go towards the yogurt and fruit, or smoothies. Maybe I should try a savory breakfast sometime.

emily July 3, 2010 at 12:10 pm

wow…. that is something!

[belated] congratulations, by the way! that is so, so exciting & with you all as her parents i just know she’ll be absolutely beautiful. when are you due again?

enjoy your weekend. :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 3, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Thanks Emily! I’m due November 18. :)

Laura July 3, 2010 at 12:12 pm

that has just made my day! xx

Little Bookworm July 3, 2010 at 12:37 pm

Lovely guest post in the Love Your Body series! :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 3, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Thanks Little Bookworm. I enjoyed writing it. :)

Dani Guru Gets Fit July 3, 2010 at 12:40 pm

That veggie scramble looks great! Your love your body post almost made me cry. Beautiful!

Heather July 3, 2010 at 12:51 pm

I just read your Love Your Body post and it inspired me to read your blog… so far I love it! I may be a little biased because my name is also Heather, and I am also expecting a baby girl in November but it is great to read along with someone who is at the same stages in pregnancy as I am trying to maintain a healthy, happy lifestyle! Congrats on your baby girl and I look forward to following your blog from now on :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 3, 2010 at 12:58 pm

Heather, So glad you found me, and many congrats to you as well. So exciting. Reading your comment gave me chills. :)

annecalista July 3, 2010 at 1:03 pm

Love the cake, that’s hilarious!! Your breakfast looks so good! I don’t know if I could eat that at 7am though :-) Maybe 11am with a mimosa!

Krystina July 3, 2010 at 1:08 pm

HAHAHA! How adorable!

Katie July 3, 2010 at 1:56 pm

There is a place where I went to college called The Naughty Bakery and they make vagina, boobs, and penis cakes. It is hysterical! They are the human body from waist to upper thigh, in cake form. We got my roommate the penis cake for her 21st birthday. The penis was made of twinkies, and stood straight up. There was a tube in it, too that was connected to a syringe filled with milkshake. It was quite scandalous…and so funny!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 3, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Katie, Oh my gosh, a twinkie penis cake with a flow of milkshake pee?!? I haven’t touched a twinkie in over 10 years, but that I would have love to have seen…and maybe even sampled. ;)

Lola July 3, 2010 at 2:05 pm

OMG a va-hjayjay cake hahahahaha so funny :) congratulations on having a baby girl, it’s so exciting!! imagine a little girl to dress up in cute little dresses and hair accesories and all the pink stuff haha :) and I loved your post on Dana’s blog, kuddos to you! :D

Mary @ Bites and Bliss July 3, 2010 at 3:37 pm

lmho!! A Va-Jaycake..that’s hilarious!

Zeus' Mom July 3, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Your Love Your Body post was beautiful.

Congrats on the baby girl news (the sheablet?) You look absolutely radiant in yesterday’s photos with the cake.

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 3, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Zeus’ Mom – thank you. :)

Natalie July 3, 2010 at 4:31 pm

ahhahahahah loveeee the vajayjay cake! how creative! (and pretty!) the flower on it has gotta be the best part though

*Andrea* July 3, 2010 at 5:13 pm

hahaha hilarious!!!! i’ve seen penis cakes for bachelorettes, but never a vajayjay cake. love it!

gina (fitnessista) July 3, 2010 at 5:31 pm

hahahah! made my day. :)
enjoy your night, friend <3

Jan July 3, 2010 at 6:42 pm

Ok, I just about spit my water on the computer screen laughing at the cake. I’m a grandma (1st grandbaby is 6 weeks old) and I am not the least bit shocked :) Still giggling :)

BroccoliHut July 3, 2010 at 7:11 pm

Now that is a cake unlike any other! Mayjuh points for creativity.

Nicole July 3, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Oh that cake is awesome! Love it!

Lynn @ Max in the Gym July 3, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Hahaha oh my my.

Mmm I’d eat your breakfast for lunch but that’s cuz I have one heck of a sweet tooth in the mornings :) Sounds good though!

Kendall July 3, 2010 at 10:21 pm

Oh wow. How awesome! While the second cake pic is great, the first one is so Georgia O’Keefe, which totally fits the bill! I was out camping yesterday so I just saw your big news so a big congratulations to you and CD (and your pups, because they might not notice now, but they sure will when the time comes)! I have to tell ya, every single person I know who had a baby in the last year had a boy. It started to get weird. I guess girls are back! And oh man I’m a big baby name nerd so consider me in TOTAL suspense for the next several months!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 4, 2010 at 6:39 am

Thanks Kendall! Hope you had fun camping. Funny b/c everyone I know seems to be having girls lately. Maybe it’s a southern thing? ;)

Serena July 4, 2010 at 12:15 am

I love savory breakfasts but I’m such a sweet-holic that I usually go for the chocolate :P

Alice July 4, 2010 at 3:03 am

OMG that cake looks amazing!!!! And as always your veggies look delish… how come mine never seem to taste as good as your creations always look???? lol

HUGE congrats on the Baby Girl coming your way soon! How exciting!!!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 4, 2010 at 6:41 am

Alice, Food always seem to taste better when someone else makes it. I bet I’d like YOUR veggies more than mine! :)

saltytooth July 4, 2010 at 7:43 am

Oh my gosh, I wish I could un-see the vagina cake! :)

Allie (Protein Girl) July 4, 2010 at 8:12 am

Glad to see the veggies are back in business. As for the cake? First come the Vagina Monologues, followed by the cakes.

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com July 4, 2010 at 8:37 am

skillet stir-fries/messes are exactly my go to “beyond-hunger” meal too. theres nothing more automated than just mixing a bunch of things together!

omg its so funny because i didnt read what u wrote before the cake pic.. so when i saw the last pic i thought “i wonder if she knows that looks like a vagina” .. and then when i saw that it WAS a vag-cake lol i thought that was even MORE FUNNNY!

dirty and delicious..best of both worlds :P

xoxo <3

Brynne July 4, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Andddd that’s exactly what I was picturing in my head when I read the words “vagina cake.” So glad my dream has been realized.

Meredith July 6, 2010 at 7:46 am

YUM! I love giant veggie-messes in the morning. I usually top mine with a poached or fried egg, since I love the “sauce” the yolk makes. Might be a weird texture for others though =)

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 6, 2010 at 8:07 am

Meredith, Not weird for me. I love runny egg yolks..especially with toast. Yum!

Bekah July 10, 2010 at 2:52 pm

Totally agree with Meredith too! A really good dinner is sauteed spinach and mushrooms with poached eggs on top. And some shaved parm. And the cake made me giggle.

Ilana December 7, 2010 at 4:24 pm

ohmygosh. I have to make one of those. my family (well all the girls) would find it hiiiiiiighlarious!