World's Most Brilliant Combo

by HEAB on July 9, 2010

I got to thinking about relationships and partial lobotomies. Two seemingly different ideas that might just be perfect together – like chocolate and peanut butter.

-Carrie Bradshaw, Sex In The City

Carrie was definitely onto something as I cannot get enough of the chocolate + pb combo these days!

First up, we have coffee protein ice-cream with dark chocolate mini Reese’s cups…

Then I baked chocolate peanut butter muffins.

This morning’s breakfast consisted of plain goat milk yogurt with Peanut Butter Puffins and Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter

However, the most amazing chocolate/peanut butter dish thus far was the following bowl of deliciousness…

Quick cooking Irish oats with dark chocolate mini Reese’s cups and whipped cream. Oh my goodness, my taste buds could not have been happier! :)

For a healthier version, you could make homemade peanut butter cups (super easy!) or just freeze a blob of Dark Chocolate Dreams PB in the freezer. I promise it tastes straight-up like a Reese’s cup!

Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup

HEABlet update

Exciting news!!! The HEABlet has received her first outfit from the very sweet and thoughtful Danielle. Danielle, thanks so much. Both CD and I love it! :)

Belly update…

21 weeks and still fitting into my favorite Joe’s Jeans, but not for long. ;)

So, what is your favorite way to inhale chocolate + peanut butter? Please share!

Meg July 9, 2010 at 8:56 am

HEATHER! This post made me smile SO MUCH! Not just the peanut butter/chocolate combo, but your lady lump! It’s beautiful, and that pregnancy glow! Ahh you’re stunning. No worries, those jeans will still be around when HEABlet pops out :)

My favorite way to inhale chocolate + peanut butter? Good question…can I get it on a kebab?

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2010 at 9:01 am

Meg, Hehe – a chocolate PB kebab – brilliant! I’m thinking frozen blobs of chocolate PB with frozen chunks of banana all stuck on a skewer. Perfect. :)

brandi July 9, 2010 at 8:58 am

You are so stinkin’ cute! Love the belly update :)

Aren’t those Dark Chocolate Reese’s amazing? I love putting them on hot oatmeal to melt a little. Yum.

Favorite pb + chocolate combos:
Grilled pb + dark chocolate chip sandwich (make like a grilled cheese. yum)
Make dark chocolate reese’s pancakes!
pb + chocolate smoothies
…sometimes just a spoonful of pb with a few chocolate chips on it.

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2010 at 9:02 am

Brandi, Oh my gosh, I want to get out my pancake griddle right now!

Stephanie July 9, 2010 at 8:58 am

You look beautiful! Pregnancy definitely suits you well…so gorgeous!

I definitely love a nice dark chocolate square with PB smeared on top of it. That’s my little sweet treat every night after dinner :)

Marilou @ Mostly Healthy July 9, 2010 at 8:59 am

I love to just melt dark chocolate, mix with peanut butter and a little milk to make it more liquid, then put it in ice sube trays in the freezer.

Instant “better” reese’s cup!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2010 at 9:01 am

Marilou, I like the way you think. :)

Jessica @ How Sweet July 9, 2010 at 9:00 am

You look fabulous!! :)

Clarice July 9, 2010 at 9:00 am

I love making Chocolate PB No Bakes.

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2010 at 9:03 am

Clarice, I love eating them. ;)

Anya @ Fitness & Sunshine July 9, 2010 at 9:04 am

Hmm I definitely think frozen treats with chocolate and PB are great! Maybe hot breakfast cereal, too? Or smeared on a bananner? Lots of options :)

Run Sarah July 9, 2010 at 9:06 am

I love Dark Chocolate Dreams PB – SO good! Love the belly photo – you look beautiful as always Heather.

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2010 at 9:09 am

Thanks Sarah! :)

Maggie July 9, 2010 at 9:09 am

Hot mom! Cute goodies :)

Yay for PB&CHOC. My favorite combination. (One of them anyway.)

Tina July 9, 2010 at 9:09 am

You look so great!! And the HEABlet will look great in that cute little outfit too. Danielle is so great. That must have been a nice surprise to get from her.

My favorite way to enjoy choc + pb??? I think it would have to be in candy form. PB cups are the perfect combo of those two flavors.

freckledfoodie July 9, 2010 at 9:09 am

AYMENNNNNN. Hands down the best combo ever. I didn’t have any Dark Chocolate Dreams, so I just froze some plain PB blobs (thanks to your idea) and have been popping them in my mouth to melt. SO plain & easy, but SO yummy! You and the Heablet look amazing!

Jessica @ Rawtumn July 9, 2010 at 9:11 am

Mmmm I love homemade peanut butter cups! I love using them in chocolate soft serve. Peanut butter simply mixed into chocolate protein shakes is amazing too! You and your baby bump are just beautiful, you definitely have that pregnancy glow! ;-)

Beth July 9, 2010 at 9:12 am

Wow you’re really showing!! you look so cute with a baby bump!

PB and Chocolate is one of my favorites and I’ll take it any way I can get it!

DiningAndDishing July 9, 2010 at 9:12 am

Oh yes, chocolate and PB are my all time fave combo!! I think the best way to eat them are homemade buckeyes. Plus, I’m from Ohio so I feel patriotic (or something??) when I do so :) .

- Beth @ http://www.DiningAndDishing.com

Tes July 9, 2010 at 9:16 am

Ohh chocolate and peanut butter post!!! I love chocolate & peanut butter as a chocolate cake frosting. But I really love homemade chocolate peanut butter cup you are holding. I love. I think you look so amazing for 21 weeks! I had to eliminate all my jeans at 18 weeks….

missyrayn July 9, 2010 at 9:19 am

I love baby belly pics and you are adorable.

I like to make chocolate and PB overnight oats or Green monsters. They just make it feel like dessert instead of breakfast or refueling after a run. I use dark chocolate powder and good pb.

Nicole July 9, 2010 at 9:20 am

Hooorraaaay for little baby bellies!! So perfect!

As far as PB/Chocolate is concerned: I like to make my PB cups thanks to your recipe, and eat the edges first. Then dig in to the middle part. I’m a werido.
Beofre my healthier days I used to LOVE Moosetracks ice cream–with chunks of fudge and mini pb cups. Holy moly–I need to recreate this … yum…

Sara July 9, 2010 at 9:22 am

I’m actually making a chocolate peanut butter cheesecake tonight for my husband’s birthday. I would have to agree – chocolate peanut butter is one of the absolute best combinations in the world. Not peanut butter, but every morning I enjoy a chocolate/almond butter/banana smoothie.

Jenny July 9, 2010 at 9:23 am

i just started following you. you’re pregnant!!!! you look super too.

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2010 at 10:04 am

Jenny, Thanks! :)

dorrybird July 9, 2010 at 9:24 am

Love the choc/PB combo! Sometimes just as simple as frozen butterfingers or homemade brownies with a PB swirl. Or choc froyo with butterfinger topping. :) I could go on and on…

You look fab by the way and so fun that the little one is starting a wardrobe. :)

effcubed July 9, 2010 at 9:25 am

Heather you look great! :D
Like you I love, love, LOVE PB&Co Dark Chocolate Dreams! But, if I had to choose something else it would be chocolate and PB icecream! YUM!

nikkionlunch July 9, 2010 at 9:27 am

YUM! Great topic! I love just about anything with chocolate and PB. Ask my man. :) For a straight up injection plop a couple tbsps and some semi-sweet or dark choc morsels in a little container and microwave it for about 30-40 seconds for desired meltiness. :)

You look amazing and so adorable with your belly! And the clothes are just so cute too!

lissa10279 July 9, 2010 at 9:29 am

SO cute! Love the belly pic and love that you’re still in your Joe’s! Those are my fave brand of jeans, too. :) And there is no better combo than dark choc and PB … except maybe dark choc and rasp. Or dark choc. and mint ;)

Claire July 9, 2010 at 9:31 am

You look fabulous,Heather!!

Rosey Rebecca July 9, 2010 at 9:33 am

I am officially drooling. Those muffins look soo good!

sweetersalt July 9, 2010 at 9:37 am

Chocolate and peanut butter is my favorite too – add in banana and I am in heaven! My favorite combo would have to be making banana soft serve with a few teaspoons of ghirardelli cocoa powder blended in. Then topped with peanut butter puffins. YUM!

Amber at Berlin's Whimsy July 9, 2010 at 9:42 am

Okay, now you have me craving that Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter! Where do you get it? Is it at Whole Foods?

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2010 at 10:02 am

Amber, My Whole Foods used to carry it, but I don’t think they do anymore. I buy it at Kroger, another grocery store here in Nashville. It’s in their regular peanut butter section.

Mimi (Damn the Freshman 15) July 9, 2010 at 9:43 am

Oh yum! I love chocolate and peanut butter. It’s almost umami. I’ve had some good success making smoothies/ice cream in my Vita by mixing peanut and cocoa flour. Topping with nuts and cacao nibs for crunch, of course!

Frugal 'n' Fit! July 9, 2010 at 9:50 am

That homemade chocolate peanut butter cup is looking GOOD, and so are you, Mama! :)

A Teenage Gourmet July 9, 2010 at 9:56 am

I have a thing called, “Chocolate Obsession” in my recipes that is really vital to my existence at some points. . . I also stir heaps of coco powder into oatmeal for a giant chocolaty bowl. AND Martha Stewart has this recipe for prune brownies that’s so good I’m giggling about it as I type this. :D

As for peanut butter, Jenna (from Eat Live Run) has a peanut butter oatmeal recipe that’s killer! I also love peanut butter on bananas & carrots & celery.

Lindsay July 9, 2010 at 10:00 am

This post makes me happy. I really must try oats + mini PB reeses. That sounds like a divine treat!

Also, being preggers definitely suits you. You have a serious GLOW about you, and it’s just beautiful!

AllieNic (Frisky Lemon) July 9, 2010 at 10:01 am

Step one: open bag of Ghirardelli 60% Cacao baking chips.
Step two: open jar of Teddie super chunky peanut butter
Step three: dip spoon into PB
Step four: dip PB covered spoon into chocolate chips
Step five: put spoon in mouth and enjoy.

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2010 at 10:03 am

AllieNic, You forgot Step 6: Repeat ;)

Josie July 9, 2010 at 10:02 am

chocolate and pb is truly my thing. i like to melt dark chocolate chips (in my mouth haha), then add a big spoonful of pb!

and reese’s dark chocolate cups are the best candies in the whole history of candy, imo.

janetha July 9, 2010 at 10:05 am

heather you are positively glowing in that photo! i love it! you are stunning. :) have a great weekend! and a great week after that if i don’t have time to pop over. love you.

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2010 at 10:08 am

Love you too J. Bean!!! I’m so excited for you and Marshall. You are going to be such a stunning bride! :)

Maya July 9, 2010 at 10:09 am

Aww what a sweet gift from Danielle! You’re absolutely glowing, must be all the Reese’s? I didn’t realize how cheap guar gum is compared to xanthan, so I bought some yesterday! Made your crisp with peanut butter and oat bran with cinnamon protein ice cream. Delish!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Maya, I know – guar gum is only about $5 a bag on the Internet. Just ordered some myself. Can’t live without it, and so happy to hear you enjoyed the crisp with ice-cream. So decadent tasting, no?

caronae July 9, 2010 at 10:11 am

Chocolate and peanut butter is my favorite food combo in the world! The oats with the pb cups and whipped cream…so simple yet perfect. My favorite way to eat the two together is in a smoothie with chocolate milk, pb, ice, and banana. I also like ice cream! Or pb and chocolate swirled into yogurt. Endless combinations…

Jennifer@ knackfornutrition.blogspot.com July 9, 2010 at 10:14 am

Heather, you look positively glowing! My favorite PB chocolate combo is 1/2 tbsp almond butter and a tbsp cacao nibs mixed into my morning oatmeal. Divine!

kristin July 9, 2010 at 10:15 am

Recently discovered the awesomeness that is PB Puffins! Love them! Haven’t added chocolate yet, but you make it tempting! PS you look adorable!

Vanessa July 9, 2010 at 10:15 am

Chocolate Coconut is my favorite combo!

Sarah R July 9, 2010 at 10:19 am

You are practically glowing in that photo :) Makes me smile.

ashley July 9, 2010 at 10:20 am

OH.my.word. You are just gorgeous!!!!!! SO adorable :) I love homemade Reese’s cups but not actual Reese’s…weird! For how much of a pnut butter + chocolate freak I am, that was never my favorite treat. I much prefer caramel inside of my chocolate!

Anna July 9, 2010 at 10:27 am

Awwwww, you look SO good!!! I passed the name of that book along to my sister– thanks so much for the rec! Sophie (the baby) thanks you too :-)

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Anna, Ahhh, Sophie – I LOVE that name. :)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) July 9, 2010 at 10:35 am

I would definitely say in ice cream! On oatmeal is good too! You look incredible! Have a great one!

Justine July 9, 2010 at 10:40 am

I haven’t done it in ages, but I mixed some coco powder in half of my overnight oats and then PB in the other half and ate them together- it was SO good!

You and your little bump are so cute! :)

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat July 9, 2010 at 10:54 am

Chocolate & PB is my all time favorite combo! For dessert, I like to have a small cup of oatmeal or oat bran and top it with a few chocolate chips and a dab of PB. It’s the best, especially after you let it melt a little bit and swirl it all together ;-)

You are so cute! Love the new baby clothes too :)

Tay July 9, 2010 at 10:58 am

You look great and glowing! And still rocking those jeans? Awesome!!

neonflamingosandwhitepeacocks July 9, 2010 at 10:58 am

Aww, you look stunning!! So, so beautiful :)
Have you ever tried nutella and Pb – I think the hazelnut-peanut-chocolate combo is awesome! Especially on wholegrain toast – as a child this was one of my fave snacks :)

Have a beautiful day
xoxo Mel

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Mel, Believe it or not, I don’t think I have ever tried PB + Nutella. How sad for me. :(

Megan July 9, 2010 at 11:12 am

I need to try that protein ice cream concoction. I have been making and eating a ton of coconut milk ice cream but my tongue is asking for another flavor. The protein ice cream may be the way to go.

My favorite pb/chocolate concoction is dark chocolate with a blob of peanut butter on top. I also really like vanilla ice cream topped with chocolate pieces and pb. Reese’s are a classic too. I am never unsatisfied with one of those babies.

Carrie @ TV and Dinners July 9, 2010 at 11:27 am

I love the belly!

Um, so the other day I bought some Dark Chocolate Dreams PB for the first time. I cannot stay out of the jar! It is like peanut butter crack! Seriously, SO DANGEROUS. :)

Lisa July 9, 2010 at 11:37 am

Ha ha, I love the little mini Reese’s cups all nestled in the oatmeal! I like a high peanut butter to chocolate ratio, so the Reese’s eggs (or Christmas trees, or whatever other gimmicky holiday format they have) are my favorite.

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Lisa, Oh my gosh…a big Reese’s Easter egg plopped right in the middle of a bowl of oats. Sounds magical. OK, I’m already looking forward to Halloween so I can get a Reese’s pumpkin! :)

gloriousgreens July 9, 2010 at 11:41 am

Your belly is adorable!! Thanks for sharing

Heather Clark July 9, 2010 at 11:41 am

This isn’t the most “natural” but I take a no sugar added or ff fudgsicle and melt it a little in the microwave then stir in natural peanut butter for dessert…takes 1 min!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Heather, Yeah, the Reese’s aren’t so natural either. ;) Love fudgesicles and will have to try this!

Ana July 9, 2010 at 11:55 am

Love the belly update picture, you are so pretty, a glowing pregnant gal!
I am an almond butter girl, so around here the favorite way to eat pb and chocolate comes from my son: peanut butter, banana and chocolate chip panini! My 8 year old favorite sandwich. From time to time he asks if he can have this for dinner (or lunch) and he makes it all himself by slathering bread with pb, laying some banana slices in it and filling the gap with chocolate chips, put it in the panini grill for a few minutes and you get a yummy and gooey mess of a sandwich, he loves it!
Oh and yes, it is just as good with almond butter in place of the pb, I have tried!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Ana, Can I borrow your son? I’d love for him to make me a panini! :)

Natalie (First Kitchen) July 9, 2010 at 11:59 am

Okay, I know everyone you come into contact with must be cooing and touching your belly and saying you’re glowing… but oh my god! Coo! I’m e-touching your belly! You are positively glowing!

In terms of chocolate/peanut butter, I would have to say that my favorite combo is dipping chocolate teddy grahams into a jar of peanut butter… delicious… ooh, or a nutella + peanut butter sandwich.

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2010 at 12:11 pm

Natalie, Thanks for the belly rub! :)

Little Bookworm July 9, 2010 at 12:02 pm

Not a real fan of chocolate and peanut butter – but I know chocolate and almond butter together are great in cookies! :D

Have a great day!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) July 9, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Oh I am loving all this choc and PB in this post! I see the PB Cups made an appearance, nice! You know I am a fan :) Glad I am not the only PB & Choc lover around here :)

I love the belly shot of you–you are just glowing! And I am impressed you’re in your Joe’s. Even though I stayed really small during my pregnancy (horrible morning/all day sickness will do that) I hated anything even touching my stomach so all my pants were elastic or drawstring. Didn’t really need maternity but deed need elastic b/c Skylar apparently didn’t want anything crampin’ her space LOL

Have a beautiful weekend my sweet Friend!!! :)
xoxo

p.s. LOVE Danielle…she’s a great girl and what a lovely care package for Heablet!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Averie, Yes, you are the brains behind those PB cups!!!

Jen July 9, 2010 at 12:08 pm

You are so adorable!! The HEABlet is going to be just gorgeous!

Hmmm…that’s a tough question…i like chocolate pb in homemade pb cup form…or on top of ice cream! Friendly’s friend-z anyone?!

carolinebee July 9, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Heath- my roomie was just telling me about her friend who has pregger-7 seven jeans..haha they are just regular Seven’s, except with an elastic waistband!! LOL sounds good to me, except that they’re probably a million dollars, so I’ll stick with leggings and dresses with the time comes :D OMG those dark choc reeses are SO good!! I might have to bring my own stash on my next fro yo run!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Carolinebee, I did not know that 7′s came in maternity form. Might have to try and find some on eBay. Thanks for the tip! :)

Diana (Soap & Chocolate) July 9, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Funny, I have been doing choco-PB blender ice cream the past 2 nights! I use your protein ice cream recipe, but minus the protein, plus 1/2 a frozen banana, plus 1 T each cocoa powder and PB. It’s like a Frosty with a PB aftertaste. :D

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2010 at 12:34 pm

Diana, Sounds good to me! Love me some Frosty!

Natalie July 9, 2010 at 12:31 pm

You look adorable. And chocolate and peanut butter is the best relationship ever. Agree.

Monique@She's Going The Distance July 9, 2010 at 12:35 pm

oh MAN all that chocolate + PB is making me drooool :) Your gigantic PB cup looks awesome!! Also, you’re super cute still fitting into your jeans :) I’m so excited for you and the adorable new baby clothes!!

And yes, the blog title is a Cake reference :)

Laura July 9, 2010 at 12:37 pm

Home made Peanut Butter cups?! WOW. must make those…. sadly, here, we don’t get Reese’s cups..but i didn’t know it was possible to make your own! I remember when i was in New York a few years back, i bought a pack of three everyday without fail and devoured them straight away! I tried the white version too but they weren’t as tasty! Some lovelyy looking combos there…and i think you may be right…maybe the worlds best;) xx

ps- you look absolutely glowing!!!

Megan (Braise The Roof) July 9, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Wow you look fantastic- I can’t believe you’re at 21 weeks!

My favorite way to combine chocolate+pb is in soft serve form. There’s something about the swirl that gets me every time…topping it with crushed Reese’s pieces doesn’t hurt, either! ;)

Danielle (Runs on Green) July 9, 2010 at 1:10 pm

I’m glad the package made it to you!! You & your HEABlette bump are adorable :D

Chocolate + PB are def. a match made in heaven. Actually, I think chocolate and ANY nut butter go well! I must re-stock my puffins…we have the cinnamon/original flavors but it just can’t compare to the PB :D

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2010 at 1:16 pm

Danielle, I used to never understand the obsession with PB Puffins. I always swore that the cinnamon ones were the best…um, what was I thinking?!?

Thanks again for the baby’s gift. Really, that was so kind of you, and I just keep staring at the little pants with the footie covers, and I can’t help but smile. :)

The Healthy Hostess July 9, 2010 at 1:17 pm

Love the baby bump! Yay for 2010 babies!! :)

Mama Pea July 9, 2010 at 1:43 pm

Omigosh, if you were any cuter of a pregnant woman, I might hate you. You should see pictures of me at that stage with my first. Not. Pretty. I’m surprised there was a second baby, truly.

homecookedem July 9, 2010 at 1:43 pm

HEAB, you are a rockstar!! I stopped fitting in my jeans WEEKS ago and I’m not even as far along as you! ;) So sweet that HEABlet got her first little outfit!! :) Buying baby clothes and allllllllllll of the other stuff is going to be so much FUN!! :)

sensorydefensiveness July 9, 2010 at 1:56 pm

The chocolate peanut butter fudge I made last night is half gone. So yes, that would be a favorite of mine and my guy who regularly requests it.

Christina July 9, 2010 at 1:58 pm

How is it that I haven’t tried Dark Chocolate Dreams yet? I must remedy this situation when I go grocery shopping tonight :)

I LOVE pb/chocolate combos. My favorite breakfast of all time is called Fudgy Oatmeal:

microwave 1/2 c old fashioned oats, water (or milk), and 1T cocoa powder in the microwave for 2-3 minutes until desired consistency

Stir and add in sliced banana. Top with peanut butter. Let pb get melty. Lick your chops and dig in :) Seriously, so so so so good. It’s great made with steel cut oats too (although you couldn’t use the microwave, obviously).

I also make this combo for overnight oats – old fashioned oats. 0% greek yogurt, 1T cocoa powder, 1/4 c unsweetened vanilla almond breeze left overnight. In the morning, add the sliced banana and pb.

I also like taking a spoon, dipping it into the pb jar, and then sprinkling a few ghiardelli dark chocolate chips on top :)

I ALSO like making the no flour pb cookies I saw on Julie’s Peanut Butter Fingers blog :

Before baking, I add a ghiardelli dark chocolate chip to each one.

I really really like pb and chocolate together, if you can’t tell ;)

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Christina, If only we were neighbors…I’d be at your house every morning for breakfast or anytime you made those no flour cookies. Um, perhaps it’s a good thing we’re NOT neighbors. ;)

Christina July 9, 2010 at 2:00 pm

I am planning on trying averie’s pb cups this weekend!

kelli July 9, 2010 at 2:04 pm

You are glowing :D …You should treat yourself to a pair of joes maternity jeans :P

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Kelli, Oh my gosh, do they make Joe’s maternity jeans?!? Off to eBay right now! ;)

peanutbutterfingers July 9, 2010 at 2:31 pm

omg i almost passed out when you commented on my blog! LOVE yours!!!!!! :D that coffee protein ice cream looks like a dream.

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Peanutbutterfingers, I almost passed out when I read your cookie recipe. ;)

Tyrah July 9, 2010 at 2:36 pm

um PB Puffins have been banned here, we have been known to inhale the whole box!
My fav way if I have the time and energy is to make the aforementioned PB cups and if not a spoon of PB with choc chips stuck on top ;) Right now I’m eating PB stuffed dates =D You look wonderful!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Tyrah, Yeah, I have to hide the PB Puffins from CD. A box of cinnamon Puffins lasts us 2 weeks, and a box of PB Puffins usually only lasts about 2 days. Interesting fact – CD does not like cinnamon. ;)

Katie July 9, 2010 at 2:36 pm

You are looking cuter and cuter every single day!!

I am a plain girl when it comes to pb and chocolate. I like to fill up a spoon with pb, and then dip it into a bag of chocolate chips. Is that gross? Yeah, probably.

But, I wouldn’t turn down any pb/chocolate combo!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Katie, Not gross. Genius!

Lynn July 9, 2010 at 2:42 pm

Damn girl! Whatchu tryin to do to me with all the PB and chocolate goodness?1?!? It’s like food porn up there! LOL I have a soft spot in my heart for Reese’s. It was always my favorite candy. I haven’t had one in so long…I think I’ll try your home made one soon!
You look absolutely stunning. I adore baby bumps :)

Lola July 9, 2010 at 2:55 pm

OMG pb and chocolate are a match made in heaven!!! I like to have them in smoothie form :P

Kelly July 9, 2010 at 2:57 pm

I love the belly bump picture! Adorable!

hayleycepeda July 9, 2010 at 3:11 pm

You look beautiful Heather!!! So cute and still very tiny…and what a thoughtful person Danielle is to send you that adorable outfit! When a friend of mine bought me (Baby C, rather) a little pair of baby jeans and a pink hoody I nearly cried. The clothes are so cute and little!!

ALLLL of those combinations look SO yummy!! I’d have to say I will sometimes just grab a Larabar (any flavor will do for me) and spread it with peanut butter. Ok so maybe it’s not chocolate but it’s still damn good! :)

Erica @ ericaunmasked.blogspot.com July 9, 2010 at 3:15 pm

H – you look FABULOUS. Just fabulous. I rocked my old clothes until the end girlfriend. You go girl. Maternity clothes are so last year:) I want chocolate and peanut butter anything and everything. Seriously.

Jen @ Spacks Scramble July 9, 2010 at 3:16 pm

I was literally salivating when I looked at those first few pics of PB and chocolate! Best combination ever!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss July 9, 2010 at 3:36 pm

Chocolate and PB is a match made in Heaven. My favorite way’s to smother a banana in PB and role it in chocolate chips!! YUM!

*Andrea* July 9, 2010 at 4:43 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE CARRIE/SEX AND THE CITY! so cheesy at times but definitely true! i love so many of the show’s quotes & this one is dead on… at least the chocolate/pb combo ;)

adorable outfit! bloggers are the nicest, seriously! you look like one hot mama-to-be! i hope i stay as fit and calm as you when/if i am ever pregnant!

my fav way to inhale chocolate/pb is probably in a reese’s form. i had some froyo on 4th of july weekend that was moosetracks and had mini reeses in it – so delicious! i also love the maranatha dark chocolate peanut butter spread! great in oats and on toast or by the spoon

vanillasugar July 9, 2010 at 4:50 pm

my own dark choco & pb cups, so good. found here if your interested. http://vanillakitchen.blogspot.com/2009/04/peanut-butter-cups.html

glutenfreemuse July 9, 2010 at 5:27 pm

You’re belly is so cute! You still aren’t showing too much…wait til 6 months!! That is the real test :-) I’m sure you will still be a beautiful skinny minny :-)

~Alyssa

Annie July 9, 2010 at 6:27 pm

Still reading your blogs daily…. although I rarely post comments… but I figure there are a lot of folk like me.. who enjoy trying these new concoctions you come up with and being a bit voyeuristic and peeking into your life – especially during this joyous time!! I’m so happy for you and CD…the HEABlet is a lucky lucky girl…. and your baby bump is perfect! I am praying everyday for a healthy HEABlet and a joyful, safe delivery. God is good.

Annie

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 10, 2010 at 6:02 am

Annie, Thanks so much. :)

Heather July 9, 2010 at 6:30 pm

I am eating a bowl of banana soft serve (from Gena @ Choosing Raw), with a scoop of almond nut butter and a tablespoon of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips!

You look beautiful!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 10, 2010 at 6:09 am

Heather, Great combo! :)

kelli July 9, 2010 at 7:56 pm

Heather they do!!!! Pea in a pod maternity sells them I know that. So many designers make such stylish maternity clothes I will look out for good deals for you!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 10, 2010 at 6:08 am

Thanks Kelli. I think we have a Pea in a Pod. I know I’ve seen it, just never paid much attention to it before. However, now I think I might need to make a trip! :)

Rowie July 9, 2010 at 8:36 pm

Oh man, that food looks so good that i’m drooling on my keyboard! I laughed when i saw the theme of your post, i just finished a piece of toast with nutella and peanut butter! My favorite way to combine the pair? Probably a Lindt truffle. They make it all so creamy and sinful! YUM!

Melissa @ Tryingtoheal July 9, 2010 at 8:39 pm

you look glowing heather!! i’m so excited for you and CD!

chocolate and pb? oh man…stuff french toast baby. or pancakes. freak’n awesome…

Sandi July 9, 2010 at 9:14 pm

My mom used to make chocolate fudge and peanut butter fudge (with pb, honey and powdered milk, not cooked at all) and I would take a piece of each and layer them up and eat them together. That was amazing.
In high school I frequented the vending machines and ate lots of Reeses Pieces. But one of the most amazing things I’ve had recently was: a Trader Joes oat flax tortilla covered with chunky almond butter and topped with two pieces of Lindt 85% dark chocolate, microwaved until the chocolate started to melt. It was super messy and I ruined the fleece I was wearing, but the combination of flavors and textures was so good I almost didn’t mind.

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 10, 2010 at 6:06 am

Sandi, Sounds like the ruined fleece was worth it. :) CD loves that 85% Lindt. Cheapest place I can find it is Target, and I bought him 10 bars last time I was there. Might have to steal one for a pb/chocolate quesadilla! ;)

Pat July 9, 2010 at 10:33 pm

OMG, all those wonderful pictures have me salivating. You look terrific and the outfit is so adorable. Miss those days! A favorite recipe around our house came from a teacher at my son’s school; she would make these brownies for my son’s hs basketball team and generously shared the recipe so I could make them for my son’s hs lacrosse team’s pasta party at our house as the boys love them. You prepare a box of triple chunk fudge brownie mix and add 1/2 package of Reese’s PB chips to that and put the mix into a 9×9 lightly greased pan. Then you mix a box of chocolate chip cookie mix and add 1/2 package of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter to the mix. I shape that mix on wax paper to the dimensions of the pan and then plop it on top of the brownie mix already in the pan. Bake at 325 for 50 minutes or more according to your oven. They are best made 8 hours ahead of serving or they are too soft and gooey inside to cut. Made them last week at the request of one of my son’s friends for their bball game at our house. Unfortunately, his friend left before the brownies were served, and my son texted him to tell him what he was missing. I tried to save one for his friend, but my son called his friend up the next day to tell him that he was in the process of eating the last brownie! How cruel! The next batch will be all for his friend!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 10, 2010 at 6:05 am

Pat, OH.MY.GOSH, the damage I could do to that recipe right about now, and it’s barely 7 AM. Thanks for sharing! Definitely making these for the next party or potluck I attend. :)

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) July 10, 2010 at 4:17 am

PB & Chocolate makes the world a better place!

Lookin’ cute, heablet! ;) Your belly is growing nicely :D

xo
Kris

Efi July 10, 2010 at 5:43 am

You are the sweetest pregnant woman I ve ever seen! Even sweeter than your amazing puffins :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 10, 2010 at 6:03 am

Efi, I don’t know, those Puffins are pretty darn sweet…and addictive. :) Thank you!

Gena July 10, 2010 at 6:03 am

It is indeed a flavor classic! Love all the fun you’re having with it!

Kimberly July 10, 2010 at 6:11 am

You look so cute Heather!! Glad things are going well.

Anything involving chocolate and peanut butter gets an A+ in my book!! :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 10, 2010 at 6:12 am

Kimberly, Hope you’re doing well too!!!

Andrea July 10, 2010 at 8:33 am

You’re so cute! I’m only 16 weeks pregnant (but with twins) and look like a moose compared to you! aww, I love pregnancy :P

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 10, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Andrea, I bet you look beautiful. Twins – so exciting!!! :)

kyla July 10, 2010 at 10:23 am

You’re so adorable! I have a feeling the heablet will love chocolate and peanut butter.
My favorite way to enjoy it is in the form of a blizzard. So unhealthy but so delish.

Kelsey @ CleanTeenKelsey July 10, 2010 at 2:03 pm

Oh man, I’ve been eating a TON of PB & chocolate lately. It’s the best combo ever. I think my most favorite one was a PB/chocolate mousse kinda thing. I wrote about it here: http://cleanteenkelsey.com/2010/07/08/the-most-creative-meal-of-the-day/

CourtandWhit July 10, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Heather! You are like one of the cutest Pregnant ladies, lol. And all of your ice-cream creations lately look fabulous. Also, I like the SITC Quote.

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 11, 2010 at 6:38 am

Thanks CourtandWhit! :)

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com July 11, 2010 at 7:52 am

chocolate and peanut butter omg any way right!?

i think right now my favorite is in oats or granola bars :P

haha your jeans- sad at the same time yet quite fabulous since the little one is growing! i cant wait to see how big ur belly gets, gonna be SO beautiful <3 <3

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 11, 2010 at 8:26 am

Thanks Kelsey…kind of anxious to see how big my belly gets too…and kind of scared. ;)

Pure2raw twins July 11, 2010 at 10:51 am

You look beautiful!!!!

Peanut butter cups used to be my all time favorite candy, but since I cannot eat peanut, I will just drool over here ; )

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 11, 2010 at 11:28 am

Pure2Raw, Vegan Nutella or coconut butter cups would probably taste even better! ;)

Michal July 11, 2010 at 6:21 pm

Aw heather you look so gorgeous, you are just radiant :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 11, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Thanks Michal! :)

Lara (Thinspired) July 11, 2010 at 6:26 pm

HECK YES for our beloved Joe’s Jeans :) I’m really wishing I wouldn’t have had mine taken in when I was feeling skinny one day. Now they fit me as though I am 21 weeks pregnant, too :( Maybe this is reason to buy another pair?! ;)

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 11, 2010 at 8:48 pm

Lara, Yes, any excuse is good for another pair of Joe’s! :)

littlemisspotato July 12, 2010 at 5:52 pm

You are stunning!!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 12, 2010 at 6:20 pm

littlemisspotato, Thanks so much! :)

Bekah July 13, 2010 at 7:25 am

Chocolate, peanut butter, and Sex in the City saved my life when I was in TX last year. Seriously. :) Love that Carried Bradshaw.

Meagan July 13, 2010 at 9:23 am

I used to eat both Puffins and CocoCoveredDreams. They were delicious!