Feeding The Addiction

by HEAB on July 22, 2010

I’ve been outside all morning, and I am so thankful to be sitting in our air conditioned house right now! We had to get CD’s car to the mechanic for a tune up this morning, and so I dropped it off and then walked the 2.5 miles back home. Then as soon as I got home, I took the dogs on a 2-mile walk. If we don’t them get walked early, then I might as well forget it as it gets too hot later in the day. In fact, it was already pretty steamy by the time we left the house, and so we stopped and played in the creek.

Radley, our little swimmer. Einstein doesn’t like the water as much.

Good thing I carbo-loaded prior to leaving the house. :)

Can you guess what I put in this morning’s papusa? Using my leftover dough from yesterday, I loaded this one up with Trader Joe’s unsalted crunchy peanut butter and 1 square of an 85% chocolate Lindt bar. I fried it up in a schmear of ghee and was in chocolate/pb heaven!

Yep, I’m still loving on some chocolate and peanut butter, and I guess the nut butter fairy must be reading my blog because look what arrived on my doorstep yesterday…

Justin’s new line of chocolate flavored nut butters. Justin, I you. Can’t wait to try these!

I also purchased something I have been eyeing for months…

I haven’t busted into these yet, but they are just screaming to be used as a topping in my next bowl of oat bran. Fortunately, I am good at pacing myself when it comes to sweets like this, and I hope to make this tub last a while.

Even though it seems like I’m eating a lot of chocolate…and peanut butter, I am getting plenty of vegetables and meat into my belly as well. However, the chocolate and peanut butter are just so much more fun to showcase, don’t you think? ;) I’m officially 23 weeks preggo, and I’m about 5 pounds up from my original starting weight (keep in mind I lost 10 pounds my first trimester). So, all is good, and I’m right on target according to my doctor.

I’m leaving early tomorrow morning for a weekend trip to Missouri to visit my extended family. They’re throwing me my first official baby shower, and I can’t wait to see all of my cousins. Not sure what the Internet situation is going to be, but I’m hoping to post while I’m there. Thanks again to Justin for the nut butter packets. They’re going to get much use this weekend!

What is your favorite food combo these days?

dorrybird July 22, 2010 at 9:59 am

Wow! Justin’s PB and AB packets are my fave. Thankfully, my Whole Foods often has them on sale. I always have several packets in my bag when traveling – perfect to jazz up a snack or meal on the go.

Kate July 22, 2010 at 10:04 am

Ohhhhh. At 38 weeks preggo myself, your chocolate and peanut butter eats look so delicious I might just drool on myself. Also, I’m jealous of the amount of walking you are doing. Ahh, the good ol days. These days if I don’t have a bathroom stop every 20 minutes, I can’t go. Something to look forward to?

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 22, 2010 at 10:15 am

Kate, Can’t wait. ;) Best of luck to you – your little one will be here so soon! :)

Angela July 22, 2010 at 10:11 am

Favorite sweet combo right now would have to be hazelnut spread (like Nutella) and fruit. Any fruit will do.

Favorite salty combo, chips and mustard. Yum!

annecalista July 22, 2010 at 10:13 am

Chocolate and PB is the best combo ever :-) I want to try those nut butters!

JJ [greenbeanskier] July 22, 2010 at 10:15 am

i love those justin’s nut butter packets! [the chocolate hazelnut is SO DELICIOUS!] i take them [and the honey almond butter] as snacks for work. when i’m out in the blazing hot sun weed-whacking far from my office they are the perfect little thing to hold me over till lunch. [along with 3 quarters of a nalgene of water.]
i’ve also experienced those itty bitty trader joe’s peanut butter cups when i was visiting my aunt in california. they’re a wonderful little treat.

Christina July 22, 2010 at 10:16 am

#1 chocolate and peanut butter. Forever.
#2 cilantro, onion, lime, salt, avocado. Oh yeah. On anything really. I’m eating them together right now on top of posole (a stew made with hominy).
#3 sweet and salty (mmm chocolate covered pretzels)

Those are easily my top 3 :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 22, 2010 at 10:25 am

Christina, May I please join you for #2? That sounds amazing…I’ll bring the chocolate covered pretzels for dessert. ;)

Jessica @ How Sweet July 22, 2010 at 10:21 am

I just found the Justin’s packets on Sunday and I am OBSESSED with them. I do not like regular almond butter but I have been eating the chocolate one right out of the packet!

Brandi July 22, 2010 at 10:22 am

wowza! I didn’t know they made all those chocolate nut butters!!! I need some of that in my life.

Sounds like a fun weekend ahead :) Enjoy it!

VeggieGirl July 22, 2010 at 10:27 am

Aww, Radley.

I love chocolate & nuts. Classic combination for moi.

Amy @ Second City Randomness July 22, 2010 at 10:28 am

Tell Missouri hello for me! But for fair warning- my parents say it’s ridiculously muggy. :S

And those mini pb cups from TJ’s are just fantastic. Seriously. I found reasons to put them on/in everything… :) They didn’t last long…

Renée July 22, 2010 at 10:28 am

I’m so jealous of the fact that you can eye anything at Trader Joes!
There aren’t any around here but we usually stop at the one in Pittsburgh if we’re up that way. The only problem is it’s always so busy and crowded, I don’t have the patience or assertiveness to browse, I just have to get the essentials and rush out!

My favourite food combo is an oldie but goodie: Peanut butter and banana. I’ve been having PB-banana smoothies on an almost daily basis for the past month or so :D

freckledfoodie July 22, 2010 at 10:35 am

awesome! i’ve never gotten to try justin’s, but i wish i could find it! what do you think of it in comparison to others? what are your top 5 faves? :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 22, 2010 at 10:40 am

Freckledfoodie, I love Justin’s regular nut butter, but haven’t tried the chocolate ones yet. I’ll be sure to review them as I try them. My top favorite nut butters/seed butters are as follows…for the moment anyway. It’s always changing for me. :)

1. First place is 3-way tie between TJ’s unsalted roasted crunchy almond butter, 365 brand unsalted crunchy, and Maranatha’s unsalted crunchy – Love them all! 2. Trader Joe’s crunchy peanut butter (unsalted) 3. Maranatha’s unsweetened sunflower seed butter 4. PB & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams 5. Homemade roasted pecan butter

gavrielski July 22, 2010 at 10:37 am

Those papusas look absolutely delicious–I plan to make them this weekend! I have been really into 0% Fage yogurt with stevia, unsweetened cocoa powder, and fresh strawberries lately. I usually eat yogurt and fruit once or twice a week, but I’ve been craving it every day for the past week or so. I’m so glad that you’re feeling better and progressing healthily in your pregnancy! Have fun at the shower! :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 22, 2010 at 10:41 am

Gavrielski, I’m the same way with fruit, but I always eat a lot more during the summer months. Loving on peaches these days!

Ilana July 22, 2010 at 10:38 am

those packets are ridiculous amounts of fun. mostly…i just squeeze them straight into my mouth.

Liz @ Tip Top Shape July 22, 2010 at 10:40 am

OMG. Chocolate Hazelnut Butter???? HOLY. YUM.

My fave combo of food lately is banana, almond butter, and all one something nice and toasted. I recently tried dates dipped in almond butter, though, and that stuff is seriously good.

Sarah (See Sarah Eat/River City Fitness) July 22, 2010 at 10:41 am

Those nut butters sound awesome! Chocolate + PB is the best combination, ever :) Have a fun trip this weekend!

wendy @ ABCs and Garden Peas July 22, 2010 at 10:43 am

Justin’s is the best! I love it…

When I was prego, I wanted chocolate so badly! And anything cinnamony with glaze…but I had gestational diabetes, so it was all off-limits. Apples with nut butter were my biggest treat! I say go with your cravings, within reason, of course…I think they are your body’s way of letting you know what it needs!

Glad to hear you’re doing well…last year at this time, I was in much the same place you are now, give or take a littel, and now my boy is almost walking and has said Mama. It’s amazing!

You have so many blissful moments coming!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 22, 2010 at 10:54 am

Thanks Wendy – I can’t wait! :)

Tina July 22, 2010 at 10:45 am

Yep you’re doing great! Weight gain is so relative in pregnancy anyways. Our bodies know what to do to provide for the little beans (or HEABlet).

And so jealous of your new chocolate nutbutter stash!

Erica July 22, 2010 at 10:47 am

LOVE Justin’s! His maple almond butter is amazing. Great sample pack. It has been super hot these past few weeks. I am finding it difficult to find a good time to walk Frank. Its pretty much 5:30-6 AM or bust.

Little Bookworm July 22, 2010 at 10:52 am

Have a great weekend trip! Those Justin’s nut butters sound amazing, as does the papusa! :) Favourite combination at the moment: Bananas and chocolate. :)

lindsay July 22, 2010 at 11:02 am

I am excited to try justins new chocolate nut butters as well. Sounds like a great morning. Pups looks happy and refreshed!

Krystina July 22, 2010 at 11:05 am

I’m glad you’re on track with your weight gain. :) I’m LOVING maple & cinnamon lately. So simple and basic, but heartwarming.

glutenfreemuse July 22, 2010 at 11:06 am

I emailed Justin in desperation to try their stuff…alas, no response :-(

Some day!!! Glad you are loving your Chocolate PB combos!!

~Alyssa

couchpotatoathlete July 22, 2010 at 11:08 am

That is so nice to hear that you are right on target with your pregnancy. How exciting!

I will always love chocolate/peanut butter, but I also love brown sugar/maple flavorings.

S July 22, 2010 at 11:09 am

Ooh. Big thanks to Gavrielski… I’ve been trying to figure out what to have for a snack for *AN HOUR*. Solved…

talia July 22, 2010 at 11:14 am

Chocolate and peanut butter will always be my favorite combo…always! :)

sweetersalt July 22, 2010 at 11:14 am

That papusa is genius! I’m with you on pb and chocolate (banana too). I’m also obsessed with goat cheese and cucumbers – so refreshing! Have fun at your baby shower – nothing like a little Christmas in July :)

Gracie July 22, 2010 at 11:16 am

From what I can tell, you’re eating/living the way a pregnant woman should! You’re still exercising and eating healthy, yet clearly indulging here and there ;)

So, do you fill the papusa before the dough is cooked? I’m confused on that one.

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 22, 2010 at 11:18 am

Gracie, Yes, I followed Sarena’s recipe. Just flatten the dough out in your hand, fill it, and then fold the edges of the dough over to cover your fillings. Fry her up and enjoy!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) July 22, 2010 at 11:16 am

Hi Heather, I hope you have a ball at the MO shower! And I hope you get everything on your wish list…and whatever isn’t on your list, hopefully you can return LOL! Btw, don’t cut tags off of onesies, bibs, or any clothing items til after you’ve had a few showers or til closer to the arrival date…I got duplicates of things. I didn’t receive much from others but what I did get, was duplicates. Strange but true.

Anyway I hope you have a wonderful celebration weekend and can truly enjoy this magical time…and that it’s relaxing for you and not stressful with traveling, having the shower, etc…those things for me do add stress but hopefully you will be mellow martha :)

Oh and TJs has amazing yummy stuff, don’t they!!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 22, 2010 at 11:21 am

Averie, Yes, just trying to be mellow. A bit stress since there is still much work to do on the house, and we’re leaving town soon for a month. However, I know everything will fall into place. Thanks for the tips on the tags – good call, and yes, TJ’s is amazing! Love that place.

Gracie July 22, 2010 at 11:22 am

thanks! :)

Sarah July 22, 2010 at 11:24 am

I have been in an anti-sweets mood lately, and loving cold veggie sandwiches and wraps. My favorite right now is an Alvarado Street burrito with black beans, avocado, cucumber, romaine, cilantro, salsa, and coarse ground pepper. So good!

However, I have had the TJ’s mini pb cups in the house before, and they are everything you’ve ever dreamed of and more! Try folding them into your brownies — mind blowing! :)

Heather July 22, 2010 at 11:28 am

oh you are so lucky! i’m in boulder and i haven’t been able to try all of the new flavors! i’m loving peanut butter and chocolate lately…like more than normal ;)

missyrayn July 22, 2010 at 11:32 am

Every summer I get into this kick of mixing avocado and hummus with things like goat cheese and spinach for wraps. I’ve eaten one almost every day. I can’t seem to stop.

Fallon July 22, 2010 at 11:32 am

I found the Justin’s Chocolate nut butters at Marshalls about a month ago. I picked up the hazelnut flavor.. OMG AMAZING!!! I love nutella but at least Justin’s brand was a bit more healthier, like no trans fat and hfcs. The flavor was right on and it is extremely creamy. Very good smeared onto a frozen banana.

Carolyn July 22, 2010 at 11:39 am

HIBACH..Heather is building a chocolate Heablet…

i think you are going to give birth to a cute little chocolate easter bunny…..

That sammy looks wonderful….

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 22, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Carolyn, I was thinking I might give birth to a big Reese’s Easter egg…or maybe a Reese’s turkey since I’m due a week before Thanksgiving. ;)

Evan Thomas July 22, 2010 at 11:40 am

Justin’s makes the best chocolate nut butters! I know you’re partial to dark chocolate dreams but I’m fussy and don’t think there’s enough of a peanut butter flavor. But j’adore Justin’s

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 22, 2010 at 12:14 pm

Cool – thanks Evan. I’m really looking forward to trying the Justin’s now!

Christina July 22, 2010 at 11:54 am

Absolutely, bring the chocolate covered pretzels and I’ll share some posole :)

Some of those homemade pb cups wouldn’t hurt either ;) (which I have yet to make…)

I need to start a blog so I can share my recipes and get chocolate nut butter packets on my door step!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 22, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Christina, Haha – see you soon, and yes, you do need to start a blog as I’d love more of your recipes. :)

Christina July 22, 2010 at 11:55 am

Evan, I totally agree w/ you @dark chocolate pb dreams. Not enough peanut butter flavor.

Anna July 22, 2010 at 11:56 am

Awww, have fun at your baby shower!!!

I wish our dogs had a stream like that to romp around in– our temps are SO high! I feel bad for them :-(

P2B July 22, 2010 at 12:01 pm

I have never tried Justin’s almond butter or other butters before. How do they compare to TJ’s and Maranatha?

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 22, 2010 at 12:10 pm

P2B, I love Justin’s regular almond butter. I’ve had the plain creamy, maple, and honey versions. All good, but I think I liked the plain creamy the best. Plus, it came in a jar. I’m much more of a jar girl as sometimes the nut butter tends to separate in the packets – it always helps to knead them a lot first before eating. I have yet to try the chocolate ones, but I will let y’all know what I think as soon as I try them. I love TJ’s crunchy almond butter as well as their peanut butter. Same goes for Maranatha. However, I’d have to say my favorite chocolate flavored nut butter thus far is PB & Co.’s Dark Chocolate Dreams.

Ana July 22, 2010 at 12:07 pm

Oh cool, chocolate versions of Justin’s almond butter, I will have to check whole foods! Let us know if they are good Heather!
I like the convenience of those squeeze packs, I use the pb ones on my son’s lunchbox sometimes, and I even brought some of the almond butter with me to our trip to Italy! (crazy, right? but I knew I was going to miss almond butter… although the nutella there kinda would have made up for it!)
Ohh, and I have news and you had to be the first one to know: I got my vitamix yesterday!!! I am soooo happy, and the funniest thing was that Matheus was ultra happy too, he hugged me and said “finally mom, after so long waiting we have our vitamix”! Isn’t that cool? I think I talked so much about the vita lately that even he was excited that I finally got one.
I read all the instructions and today we made smoothies for breakfast, so cool! And this brings me to my my favorite combo lately: peaches and cherries, omg, it is a great combo for smoothies, I am addicted to this flavor! I have been blending peaches and cherries with yogurt and flaxseeds for a week now and never get bored, the fresh summer peaches are awesome these days and then I use some frozen cherries that I froze back in june, perfection!
This afternoon we will make protein ice cream, can’t wait!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 22, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Ana, I am loving peaches these days too, and I keep seeing Rainier cherries at the grocery. So expensive, but I know I’ll buy them soon. Love summer fruits! :)

YAY – so excited that your Vita-Mix arrived…I knew your husband would be excited too. Keep enjoying those smoothies, and let me know how your first batch of protein ice-cream goes – I can’t wait either. :) Love, H.

Liza @ Health Nutting July 22, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Hi Heather! My name is Liza– I’m new to the blogging community, but I love your blog!
Also, I just bought my first jar of Dark Chocolate Dream PB and think I’m in love. It won’t be my last haha!
One of my favorite combos right now? I really liking mixing some pumpkin butter into plain greek yogurt and topping with pecans and graham crackers — tastes like pumpkin pie for real!!!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 22, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Liza, Your pumpkin pie yogurt concoction sounds yummy. I’m really into graham crackers lately. In fact, just ate some crumbled over a bowl of chocolate protein ice-cream. Have you tried the Trader Joe’s grahams? By far the best graham cracker I’ve ever had! http://heathereatsalmondbutter.com/2010/07/12/chocolate-pb-explosion-and-a-vita-mix-sale/

Many commenters have said that the Justin’s chocolate nut butters are even better than the Dark Chocolate Dreams PB. Not sure if that’s possible myself, but I’m really excited to try them now as I LOVE the DCD stuff.

Welcome to the blogging community by the way and thanks for reading HEAB. :)

julie July 22, 2010 at 12:16 pm

holy justin hookup!

my fav as of late combo is for sure anything that involves goat cheese & balsamic haha

Rachael July 22, 2010 at 12:23 pm

So happy you’re doing so well!
Blissful pupusa for breakfast there.
My favorite food combination right now is fruit and goat cheese. Maybe it has to do with being in Vermont and near farms, but the goat cheese I’ve been finding is amazing – honey lavender, basil sage, chile peppercorn…toss it in with a some berries, salad green and walnuts and I’ll go to town!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 22, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Rahcael, Note to self: must go cheese shopping in Vermont…ASAP! Enjoy some of that basil sage goat cheese for me please!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 22, 2010 at 12:27 pm

*Rachael ;)

Sarah R July 22, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Yum, yum, yum! Where at in Missouri are you going? We live there now…the weather has not been fun, that’s for sure! Enjoy the baby shower :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 22, 2010 at 12:28 pm

Sarah, Ewing, Missouri. It’s about 30 miles outside of Hannibal and not too far from Quincy, Illinois. It’s a tee-tiny little town.

Katie July 22, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Tat papusa is making me drool. I’ve been loving scrambled eggs with fresh herbs from my garden. I could eat it for every meal, but I’ve been saving it for breakfast. Every single day.

Hayley July 22, 2010 at 12:58 pm

I admire you for doing so much walking in the heat! If your weather is anything like ours right now it’s supremely brutal. Even walking down the driveway to check the mail makes me sweat! Your eats look SO good, as always!! The sound of those mini chocolate peanut butter chips in oatmeal sounds delicious…for some weird reason I like Cheerios and peanut butter – though I have to watch myself because one bowl easily turns into many if I’m not careful! :) You can pretty much put PB on anything and I’m a happy camper!

I’m glad you’re on track with your pregnancy!

kaztronomic July 22, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Ooo, all those nut butters look so yummy!

I’m all about the peanut butter and banana as of late. And peanut butter and coconut. With chocolate, of course. So good. :D

Enjoy your trip to Missouri! I haven’t been there in years, but it’s beautiful country out there.

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) July 22, 2010 at 1:15 pm

This is going to shock you, but I am loving some chocolate and peanut butter myself right now. This looks so good! I made a huge lunch since we had some family come over today…now I want that chocolate/pb pupusa! Have a safe trip! Can’t wait to see what you get at the shower. Have a great weekend!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 22, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Sarena, I am shocked…I knew you’d discover your love of chocolate one of these days! ;)

Justine July 22, 2010 at 1:23 pm

Mashed avocados and couscous has been pretty good to me lately. Chocolate and peanut butter will never get old though :)

mapledreams July 22, 2010 at 1:25 pm

Glad to hear you’re managing your weight alright with baby:) I think your pb and chocolate idea is DEFINITELY the best option you’ve blogged about so far! and don’t worry…a girl can never have enough chocolate..EVER xx

gigi July 22, 2010 at 2:20 pm

I don’t think I could ever tire of chocolate PB, or any nut butter for that matter. Your meals look wonderful!

vanillasugar July 22, 2010 at 2:39 pm

OMG Justin call me! I must have samples! I love the honey almond butter and now there’s chocolate? oh dear.

Jackie (Peaces of Earth) July 22, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Chocolate peanut butter papusas?? Swooon.

Have fun at your first baby shower!!

izzy July 22, 2010 at 3:07 pm

I’ve been dying to try Justin’s PB or AB! I bet those packets’ll come in VERY handy at your baby shower!

Those mini cups are reason number 458739847539 I wish I had a Trader Joe’s anywhere near me :( haha

izzyy
x

DiningAndDishing July 22, 2010 at 3:08 pm

I think banana/chocolate/pb has been and always will be my favorite food combo. And I make noooo apologies :) .

- Beth @ http://www.DiningAndDishing.com

kyla July 22, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Go get yourself a huge concrete this weekend if you are near Ted Drewes! You deserve it!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 22, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Kyla, Ha, I wish! Unfortunately, we’ll be about 3 hours away from St. Louis. :( Hope you’re having a good summer!

flowyogilates July 22, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Wow these nut butter packages are great….. I wish we would have them in Austria :-(

BroccoliHut July 22, 2010 at 3:46 pm

It may sound ridiculously simple, but I have been groovin on good old PB & J lately:)

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 22, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Broccolihut, PB & J – simple, but always a classic in my book. :)

Megan July 22, 2010 at 4:12 pm

I bought those PB cups a few weeks ago and they are SO. GOOD. :)

(and I’m NOT good at pacing myself with things like this, but this container seems to be lasting me pretty well! woohoo!)

Quix July 22, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Your post is making me regret the whole “giving up sweets for a month” thing because all I want now is a chocolate peanut butter SOMETHING. :) Yummy!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 22, 2010 at 5:48 pm

Quix, Sorry about that. I promise a savory post tomorrow. :)

gloriousgreens July 22, 2010 at 4:30 pm

Never have I ever…had chocolate almond butter or even seen it in stores. I think I’m going to need to make some stat.

Gina July 22, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Favorite food combo right now is ground turkey & mashed up baked sweet potato, cooked with a little cayenne, a little cinnamon, some fresh ginger & a few shakes of Braggs. So, so good! Recipe courtesy of Foods of April~

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 22, 2010 at 5:48 pm

Gina, I love that April!

Jenny R. July 22, 2010 at 4:58 pm

Heather…that looks flippin’ delish if I may say so. Reminds me of these smores sandwiches I used to have at sleepover camp using wonderbread and caramilk bars (omg what were we thinking?!??!). Glad to hear you and the little one are doing well! xo

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 22, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Thanks Jenny. :)

fitnessandsunshine July 22, 2010 at 5:16 pm

I’m loving savory combos recently. :)

Justin’s nut butters look amazing! Chocolate hazelnut… mm! Perfect in crepes.

Jessica @ Fit & Clean July 22, 2010 at 5:29 pm

Nothing beats chocolate and peanut butter when you are pregnant! When I was preg with each of my 3 I would eat chocolate ice cream with a heaping spoonful of peanut butter almost every night! (uh, I also weighed almost 200 pounds with all 3, lol!) Can’t imagine why ;)

Mindfully Emily July 22, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Right now I’m all about the almond butter with oats that either have banana or applesauce mixed in…I can’t get enough. Definitely need to make a trip to whole foods to try some of Justin’s chocolate almond butter!!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss July 22, 2010 at 6:56 pm

Chocolate and peanut butter will never EVER be in any way remotely unappetizing. YUM! :)

rachael July 22, 2010 at 7:05 pm

The new Justin’s flavors look delicious. Have a blast at your baby shower!

saltytooth July 22, 2010 at 7:10 pm

Have a great trip!

The new Justin’s flavors look great, will definitely have to give them a try.

kaitlinwithhoney July 22, 2010 at 7:44 pm

Chocolate and peanut butter is my all-time favorite combination! I really need to figure out a way to bring this back into my life with this new sugar intolerance.

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 22, 2010 at 7:56 pm

Kaitlin, I actually love the unsweetened Baker’s chocolate baking squares. I was totally craving chocolate one day, and that was the only kind we had in the house. So, I dipped one in a little almond butter, and though at first I thought it tasted pretty bitter, I now love them all on their own…and zero sugar!

J@WholeBodyLove July 22, 2010 at 7:47 pm

I tried those PB cups months ago and I was a lil disappointed :( They DO NOT taste like Reese’s …more like the cheepo knock off brand that they sell around Easter.

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 22, 2010 at 7:56 pm

J, I tried the mini PB cups in some oat bran tonight. They’re definitely not Reese’s, but they still tasted yummy all melted in my oats!

kaitlinwithhoney July 22, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Sounds like I have a new treat to try! Thanks, Heather!

kelli July 22, 2010 at 8:06 pm

I just bought some of those justins packs for vacation :D 99 cents a pack…damn whole foods near me only store that had them!

ps: a pea in the mod maternity is having a sale :P Passed buy it picking up my glasses the other day :) maybe you can score some designer goods ;)

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 22, 2010 at 8:09 pm

Kelli, Thanks for the heads up – the belly is growing, and I could use some cute maternity clothes!

Pure2Raw Twins July 22, 2010 at 9:00 pm

I hope you have a wonderful trip! Chocolate and peanut butter, yum. I love chocolate with almonds since I can’t do peanuts ;) Currently I have been really enjoying the spice cardamom, I put on everything well almost everything!

Laurie July 22, 2010 at 9:49 pm

I am loving Natural Organic Wheat/Flax waffles topped w/SF Strawberry Preserves, FF Whipped topping and drizzled w/SF Chocolate syrup. I eat 2 of these for a breakfast ONCE a week for a treat to myself. Oh soooooooooooo yummy and very low in sugar, fat AND calories.

Shauna July 22, 2010 at 10:08 pm

I am loving roasted veggies- always eggplant, always non-green bell peppers, and whatever else is available, like zuch, mushrooms, onions, etc. brushed with balsamic vinegar on a sandwich with hummus, turkey, and goat cheese. YUM! I’m crazy for balsamic.

Made fresh peanut butter at home yesterday. My son loved it! Did it while the nuts were still warm from toasting, and it came together really fast in the food processor. After reading the comments on your nut butter instructions, I think maybe warm nuts really speed up the process. ;)

I can buy Justin’s packets at my Super Target, but no chocolate yet.

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 23, 2010 at 5:53 am

Shauna, I can’t find the Justin’s Nut butter anywhere except for Whole Foods sometimes. Be on the lookout for the chocolate – good stuff. Warm nuts – thanks for the tip. I think you’re right!

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com July 22, 2010 at 10:56 pm

wow those are REALLY EANIE MEANIE peanut butter cups! adorable ;)

ive got a squeeze pack of the chocolate hazelnut justin’s butter than i need to try out soon! im so excited cuz ive never had one before and i got it in a giveaway.. we dont carry them in canada, or at least where i am :(

pray to the air conditioning gods. may be one of the best inventions.. right up there with the internet lol <3

jodye717 July 22, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Justin’s nut butters are the best! I just got some as a birthday present, although not a whole carton full! Either way, the chocolate/PB combination can never fail!

edenseats July 23, 2010 at 12:10 am

‘you might think I’m crazy, but nutritional yeast and fresh strawberries….weird but I promise, really good. I’m also digging chocolate a pure tahini (sesame paste)

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 23, 2010 at 4:54 pm

Edenseats, Yes, that sounds a bit crazy, but I’d try it. Tahini used to be my favorite…but I ate it one night early on in my pregnancy and got so sick. Haven’t been able to look at it since. :(

livingfreeforever July 23, 2010 at 5:14 am

Baby showers are SO fun!! With my last baby, I had her early and so she went to the baby shower with me–lol! Hope you have a great time!

My favorite combo lately has been a smoothie that my ND told me to have. Yesterday, it kept me full for FIVE hours-that is a miracle! It has ground flax, sunflower seeds, maca, pure spirulina, fruit and water.

Oh, by the way, I gained 50 pounds with my first!! I know, terrible considering he only weighed 6lbs. 12 oz. lol!! 8)

Steph (@ mediterraneanmiss) July 23, 2010 at 5:18 am

Hi Heather!
Wow do those packets ever look wonderful – I wonder if you can get them up here in Canada? I’ve never seen them around before, so I’ll have to dig a little deeper.
I hope you have a wonderful baby shower!! Your family must be so excited for you.

Right now I’m loving Olives in my hummus, which is a -total- first for me.

x

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 23, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Steph, Not sure if you can find the Justin’s nut butter packets in Canada. I can’t even find the chocolate flavored ones here in Nashville. However, they do sell them online: http://www.justinsnutbutter.com/shop.php Olives in hummus? Yum!

Erika July 23, 2010 at 8:51 am

Wow! Somebody’s in chocolate heaven! I have tried chocolate PB (PB&Co Dark Chocolate Dreams) and chocolate hazelnut butter (Nutella) but I am curious how the chocolate AB tastes.

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 23, 2010 at 7:58 pm

Erika, I tried the chocolate hazelnut earlier today – so good, but I haven’t tried the Justin’s chocolate AB yet. Looking forward to it. :)

Lara (Thinspired) July 23, 2010 at 10:05 am

Heabie, I love you, but I kind of hate you after reading this post. ALL that Justin’s lovin’! AND only a 5-lb weight gain?! I can do that with a plate of pasta ;) I’m so happy for you and CD and am happy to read you are feeling better finally!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 23, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Lara, Love you too…and I have a feeling the belly is going to be getting much bigger over these next few months as my appetite is out of control…I’ll blame Justin. ;)

Michele July 23, 2010 at 10:36 am

Right now, I’m trying to use all the free veggies I’ve been getting from family and friends. So, I try to sneak them into everyday foods as much as possible. I love chocolate, PB and ice cream right now.

Nadine July 23, 2010 at 10:56 am

Yummy! Just made em with with jalepeno almond cheese inside. Happily, my market only had instant masa. So no waiting! Instant gratification. Thanks as always for the inspiration.

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 23, 2010 at 7:58 pm

Nadine, You’re welcome. Your version sounds delicious! :)