Cleaning Out The Fridge

by HEAB on July 29, 2010

Quick post my friends. Just got back from the doctor, and everything is looking good thus far. The HEABlet’s heartbeat sounded like music to my ears today. :) Our next appointment will involve a glucose screening to make sure I haven’t developed gestational diabetes. Apparently, I have to drink some kind of sugary liquid as soon as I arrive at the doctor’s office. I asked if I could just eat a Snickers bar instead. Hehe. The nurse said no. :(

Anyway, I have another day filled with home projects, errands, and thank you card writing. I’m also trying to squeeze in a few clients this week before we leave town. For those of you that don’t know, I’m a massage therapist, but had to quit working early in my first trimester due to come complications. When those all cleared up, I just felt so awful that I stopped working altogether. However, now that I’m feeling better, I’m starting to see a few clients once again. I love my job, and it feels good to be back!

I have managed to avoid going to the grocery store this week. The pickings around here are slim, but I’ve come up with some creative solutions…

Yesterday, I celebrated Waffle Wednesday with some chocolate ice-cream in a waffle cone. OK, so it was a bowl of chocolate protein ice-cream with two toasted Nature’s Path Flax Plus Waffles with Figs on the side, but just as good.

Nothing like a little waffle dipping action!

Lunch was something new and kind of random…

I toasted two corn tortillas and topped them with a layer of Trader Joe’s refried beans with salsa. I then added a cooked egg to each, but something was missing. They needed enchilada sauce or something. So, I did a quick search and found Gena’s recipe for tomato tahini dressing. Perfect, except I subbed MaraNatha’s sunflower seed butter for the tahini and added just a pinch of guar gum to thicken the mix. This combo was quite delicious – so good in fact, that I think I will have it for lunch again today.

We’re having dinner at a friend’s house tonight, and I’m going to attempt to make a frittata to bring with us. So, many thanks to all of you who sent me recipes on my egg post. Wish me luck. :)

Are you a cone or cup kind of person when it comes to ice-cream? My favorite is soft serve in a cake cone. Love that last bite of the cone!

Jessica @ How Sweet July 29, 2010 at 11:26 am

I love eating it ‘out’ of the cone, but I don’t really like the cone itself. Make sense?

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 29, 2010 at 11:39 am

Jessica, Makes total sense. Those bites of the cone without any ice-cream are pretty blah.

eatmovelove July 29, 2010 at 11:27 am

Definitely a cup person…but a cake cone? might have to try that one. Have a great trip!

Brandi July 29, 2010 at 11:27 am

So glad to hear things are good with the HEABlet :) Seems like everyone I know is having babies except me!

I love cake cones OR the fresh made waffle cones at Doumar’s in Norfolk, VA, but I can only have cones if I’m eating ice cream inside or if it’s not too hot. I just eat ice cream WAY too slowly and end up with a mess!

Jenn (GH) July 29, 2010 at 11:27 am

So sweet about HEABlet’s heartbeat sounding like music to you.

I only eat ice cream when Brent makes it according to my “specifications” ;-) and when I do in a cup. I don’t think I have had a cone in 5 years! I’m boring. :-P

Sarah (See Sarah Eat/River City Fitness) July 29, 2010 at 11:28 am

I just had a glucose test on Monday for something else. But the drink wasn’t too bad, I was afraid at first. Good luck Heather! Hope you get good results.

p.s. I’m a cone person too! I love the waffle cone :)

Heather July 29, 2010 at 11:30 am

that lunch looks killer…i love tostada-type things!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) July 29, 2010 at 11:32 am

When I could eat them, definitely the waffle cone…dang, now I need to go make some pizzelles!

Christie {Honoring Health} July 29, 2010 at 11:32 am

Since I am gluten free, I kind of have to be a cup type of person though I did find some gluten free cones that are pretty tasty. I would love to be able to make gluten free waffle cones.

Now that is an idea.

tasha - the clean eating mama July 29, 2010 at 11:34 am

Cup – I can never find vegan cones.
I remember hearing my son’s heartbeat! It is exactly like music!

thedailyoatmeal July 29, 2010 at 11:35 am

This could be the beginning of a beautiful relationship :) Haha…I meant that my all time favorite is also soft serve in a cake cone. It’s best when it is of the twist variety and just to the melting point!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 29, 2010 at 11:41 am

Thedailyoatmeal, Agreed. :)

Heather (Perspective Is Everything) July 29, 2010 at 11:36 am

DEFINITELY a cup person-and my own homemade coconut milk coffee ice cream :)

Tina July 29, 2010 at 11:39 am

I usually get it in a cone, but I don’t discriminate. ;)

Glad your appointment went well. I have mine today. In about an hour actually. I get to schedule when we find out the sex. That will be nice to know how much longer this baby is an “it”. I’m certain it’s a boy though.

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 29, 2010 at 11:40 am

Tina, Good luck at the doctor today. :)

Claire July 29, 2010 at 11:39 am

I love waffle cones.My favorite was when I went with my niece and had it filled with Raspberry sorbet( I’m lactose intolerant).I do believe I was in Heaven.It might have been the company,but it tasted like the best EVER:-)cc

BethT July 29, 2010 at 11:41 am

The glucose test isn’t bad at all – I thought the drink tasted like flat Sunkist soda. I also love the last bites of cone! Yum. I think I need some ice cream today…

Lynn July 29, 2010 at 11:42 am

Oooh waffle cones!!! Yum Yum Yummy!
I remember going for my glucose test and all my friends w kids said how awful the orange drink is so I was totally dreading it….wasn’t that bad AT ALL. Good luck! And enjoy yourselves on your babymoon!
P.S. That food up there, yeah all of it? It looks incredible! I’m instantly hungry! :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 29, 2010 at 11:43 am

Lynn, I seem to have a bad habit of making my reader’s hungry…which I take as a compliment. ;)

elaine July 29, 2010 at 11:43 am

good luck on that frittata! I’m sure it’ll turn out great! also, i’m a total waffle cone person. crunchy and slightly sweet – it’s the perfect texture complement to ice cream!

Anna July 29, 2010 at 11:44 am

Mmmm…I LOVE a good waffle cone :-) But really, I’ll take ice cream any which way.

Glad you had a good doctor’s appointment!

The Fit Collegiate July 29, 2010 at 11:46 am

Love your waffle idea! I usually order ice cream in a cone, but nothing beats a good waffle cone every once in awhile! I’m such a soft-serve person. I massively prefer its consistency over normal ice cream.

Meg July 29, 2010 at 11:50 am

So happy everything is great, Heather! But no Snickers allowed?! What a party pooper! I guess your waffles will have to make up for that ;)

Christina July 29, 2010 at 11:54 am

Cone all the way! I like ‘em all; sugar, cake, and waffle.

Glad to hear the HEABlet is comfy cozy and doin’ just fine :)

ilovefetacheese July 29, 2010 at 11:58 am

Everything looks delish – waffles and ice cream…WANT THAT NOW!!! I’m glad everything is going well with HEABlet and you’re feeling well enough to see clients again! Thats great news. Your egg concoction reminds me of Huevos rancheros…YUM!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) July 29, 2010 at 12:02 pm

the Glucose test…Omg I hate to tell you this, but you know I have been 100% honest with you this whole time (as I WISH someone would have been with me!!) but it’s quite nasty.

You actually really can eat other things other than the glucose…google it. Your dr/midwife will probably fight you on it, but in food allergy circles, there is something they put with the glucose, maybe corn or maltodextrin? or a food coloring, Red Dye #5…anyway, I know quite a few women who were allergic to the known substance and did something alternate.

I actually felt quite sick for about 36 hrs after it b/c it was so sweet and shocking to my system, and no, I didnt have GD either :) And I have a raging sweet tooth! LOL

Anyway there are ways around “the system” if you don’t want to do it….I am such a rebel, always bucking the system!

But sooo glad Heablets heart beat was like a little symphony and you’re on track and doing awesome!!!!
xoxoxo

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 29, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Thanks for the honesty Averie. Appreciated as always…that drink sounds nasty. :(

Michelle July 29, 2010 at 12:09 pm

I prefer a cone but honestly I can eat ice cream almost any way.

Glad to hear the little HEABlet is doing well.

Have fun.

homecookedem July 29, 2010 at 12:09 pm

So glad to hear that all is well with HEABlet!! :) I *think* I felt my little boy kick for the first time the night before last and then again last night!! :) Andrew felt it too!! :)

I used to always want my ice cream in a cup, but now I’m all about the waffle cones…mmmmmmmm!!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 29, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Homecookedem, So exciting Em! CD still can’t feel the HEABlet kicking, and she’s moving around like crazy. Can’t wait for him to feel it! :)

Gwen July 29, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Cone! As long as its a good one! There’s a local ice cream shop in town that makes its own waffle cones. You can smell the baking cones wafting down the street and if you’re lucky the cone is still warm when its handed to you. I gave up sugar for 2010 – just to see if I could do it – and honestly, I don’t miss the sugar at all…except for this shop’s fresh cones and unique ice cream flavors. I’m already planning to break my sugar fast in January with a scoop of salted caramel ice cream in a waffle cone. Can’t wait!

Enjoy your babymoon, Heather! What a special time!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 29, 2010 at 12:20 pm

Gwen, Looking forward to January for you. :)

Anya @ Fitness & Sunshine July 29, 2010 at 12:14 pm

From what I heard the glucose is pretty gross. I was in the hospital once and some people who were given it didn’t like it that much.

I’m a waffle cone type of person. :D It just tastes better to me and has a more legit crunch, if that makes sense.

couchpotatoathlete July 29, 2010 at 12:25 pm

I like ice cream in a waffle cone, or a sugar cone, or in a bowl, or in a cup, or just a big spoonful that goes straight into my mouth. I love your protein ice cream and may have to try some with some waffles!

Thats great that you can take clients again — and what wonderful news about the HEABlet — thanks for all the updates.

Could you have the Snickers AND the sugary liquid?

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 29, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Couchpotato, Don’t think so. :(

Justine July 29, 2010 at 12:25 pm

I love cones :)
Especially the cones that are dipped in white chocolate and sprinkles and filled with frozen yogurt.

I don’t eat that near often enough….

annecalista July 29, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Ice cream cones don’t do much for me- I prefer cups :-) Glad to hear everything is going well with the pregnancy!

Emily July 29, 2010 at 12:32 pm

Heather,
For what it is worth, you really can decline the glucose test. You’re eating a healthy diet and haven’t gained very much weight, which makes is VERY unlikely that you have gestational diabetes. Drinking that much sugar really is a shock to your system, and honestly isn’t good for you.

When I was pregnant, my midwife asked if I wanted the glucose test. I asked what my options were, and she told me that I could skip it (because I had no symptoms!) or if I wanted the test, I should just eat a big breakfast with eggs and fruit and toast and then get the test. Apparently that works just as well as massive amounts of glucose. :)

Hope you don’t mind the input – I’m a doula and very interested in pregnancy/birth, and I like offering information so you can make your own informed decision!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 29, 2010 at 1:00 pm

Emily, Input totally welcomed. Thank you!

Kate July 29, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Make sure you have a snack with some protein in it for the way home after the glucose test – that stuff sets you up for a horrible sugar crash! I haven’t had a cone in a long time (Celiac) but keep hearing that there are some good gluten free ones available. Will have to try some soon!

livingfreeforever July 29, 2010 at 12:41 pm

The last bite of the cone is the BEST for sure!!

Glad everything is going well with the HEABlet. 8)

Oh, went to a place called Harry & David’s today. You should have seen the nutbutter variety. I ended up getting some chocolate hazlenut, but they even had peach peanut butter!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 29, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Livingfree, I didn’t know Harry and David’s even carried nut butters! We had one, but the mall where is was located was completely destroyed by the flood back in May. Bummer! :(

Heather @ Side of Sneakers July 29, 2010 at 12:50 pm

Darn, I think a Snickers would much more enjoyable ;)

BBx2 - Mandy & jR July 29, 2010 at 1:04 pm

So glad your appointment went well today :)

um yeah… remember that drink ALL to well. I had to to do it twice, too :( ick. LOL Good luck! :)

sweetersalt July 29, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Great idea on the reconstructed waffle cone idea. I’m a sugar cone girl, with anything peanut butter flavored! A recent fave has been spicy thai peanut coconut ice cream – so yummy!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 29, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Spicy thai peanut coconut ice-cream?!? Do you make that yourself sweetersalt?

Laura July 29, 2010 at 1:12 pm

I’m definitely a cup kinda girl! I’m not too keen on cones and it seems a bit of a waste (plus it’s so sticky and messy!) Cup all the way!!!
An interesting, but delicious looking lunch! yummy xx

sweetersalt July 29, 2010 at 1:16 pm

sadly no, i did not make it :( It’s made by a Maine company called Mount Dessert Island. I think it was a peanut butter flavored icecream with pieces of toasted coconut, with thai chili spice running throughout. Very good!

Laura
sweeter salt

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 29, 2010 at 1:24 pm

Laura, Sounds amazing!

Little Bookworm July 29, 2010 at 1:22 pm

When it comes to ice cream I am more of a cup (or bowl) person I think. Love your breakfast by the way! Oh and possible silly question but what is a cake cone?

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 29, 2010 at 1:26 pm
ladybugbeauty July 29, 2010 at 1:23 pm

I had the glucose test about 10 days ago. It is like drinking flat sprite/seven up, only a little thicker. The first cup went down fine but the second was sickly and I felt like I had OD on sugar for the rest of the day, icky.

Breakfast time for me, and those waffles look so good!

Katie July 29, 2010 at 1:26 pm

I’m a cup girl. Ive never really liked the cone. When I was little, I’d get it in the cone because all my friends did, but I never ate the cone.

That is so sweet about the little heartbeat!

kaztronomic July 29, 2010 at 1:37 pm

In a cone, of course! =)

That lunch looks great! I love the idea of adding an egg for extra protein. That looks like something I could make for myself (and most likely, will, very soon!). :D

Megan (Braise The Roof) July 29, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Your randomness always looks so delicious! Do you think the random urges are because of the HEABlet?

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 29, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Megan, No, not really. I’ve always been a pretty eclectic eater. ;)

Stephanie@ avocado nation July 29, 2010 at 2:08 pm

I like cups unless it is a waffle cone with chocolate. That is awesome.

spoonfulofsugarfree July 29, 2010 at 2:13 pm

Hehe. I love refried lack beans. I once went to a mexican restaurant and had a plate full of mush: orange mush (mashed sweet potato cayenne), green mush (guacamole), and brown mush (smooshed black beans)

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 29, 2010 at 3:34 pm

spoofulofsugar, I love plates ‘o mush! :)

Kendall July 29, 2010 at 2:17 pm

I’d have to agree that there’s pretty much nothing better than that last bite of ice cream in a cake cone. I don’t think I’ve had one is quite some time, and now that you’ve mentioned it I think I might have to go about making that a priority for my weekend. :)

lizlivingvegan July 29, 2010 at 2:30 pm

Ice cream & waffles is my second favorite combination… second only to Peanut Butter & Chocolate!!!

fartygirl July 29, 2010 at 2:45 pm

I agree – refried beans are never okay on their own! Gotta top it off with some salsa, tomato, nooch, somethin’. Glad to hear you are back to work and feeling good. I say, bring a snickers bar anyway. hahahaah.

hayleycepeda July 29, 2010 at 2:54 pm

That eggy tostada thing looks delicious!!! I’m so excited to hear that everything is going well with your pregnancy. I’m having to go every 2 weeks now and I still grin from ear to ear when I hear Baby C’s heartbeat. I actually went in for an U/S with Chris today and that was really exciting!

The glucose stuff isn’t totally awful – the nurse told me the best thing to do is just drink it as fast as you can so that’s basically what I did. I hope your appt is in the morning! They told me no carbs and/or sugar so my breakfast that morning was 2 hard boiled eggs. I’d worked out so I had to have SOMETHING!! :)

Kelly July 29, 2010 at 3:24 pm

I love waffle cones…in fact who needs the ice cream? I can totally just do the cone alone! :)

Talia July 29, 2010 at 3:36 pm

Glad your appointment went well, Heather!

And, I HAVE to have ice cream in a cake cone…have to! There is nothing like that last bite! :)

Rachael July 29, 2010 at 4:21 pm

Glad you’re feeling well enough to do a little work again!
Cup almost all the way, unless of course there’s a pretzel cone involved. Pretzel cone + ice cream = salty, sweet PMS appeasement in frozen form.
I just discovered a food in Montreal that is apparently a pregnancy craving favorite,in addition to being a local institution. Fried potatoes, gravy and cheese curds. I made a version tonight to post on my blog tomorrow, but gave up on an attempt to healthify it – some things were supposed to be greasy and cheesy :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 29, 2010 at 7:42 pm

Rachael, I have never had a pretzel cone, but I love the concept! Also loving the sound of the fried potatoes, gravy and cheese curds. Yeah,I think that one needs to be eaten as is. :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss July 29, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Good to hear the little HEABlet’s coming along just fine!! :D

Erica @ ericaunmasked.blogspot.com July 29, 2010 at 5:23 pm

Congrats on the baby. I love the sound of the heartbeat – like angels singing:)

I am sorry I didn’t say thanks for your email yesterday. I really appreciate you taking the time for the advice. Really.

I love the dipping action. You go girl:)

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 29, 2010 at 7:43 pm

Erica, No worries! You’re welcome. :)

Gaby July 29, 2010 at 5:24 pm

I’ve always been a cup girl, but I love regular waflles. Silly me never thought to do this! I’d love to try a pretzel cone though that Rachel mentioned, I’ve never seen them but love pretzels.
I think you’d enjoy this: http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/07/how-to-make-pbj-cream-cone-peanut-butter-jelly.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+seriouseatsfeaturesvideos+%28Serious+Eats%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

Long link, sorry! I hope it works!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 29, 2010 at 7:45 pm

Gaby, The PB & J cone is brilliant…I wonder how it work with sprouted grain bread. Probably not too well. ;)

gloriousgreens July 29, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Glad to hear things are good with the HEABlet!! I’m very impressed with your eats lately considering you are trying to empty the fridge. Maybe next time I’m trying to do the same, I’ll force myself to get a little creative. :)

Brynne July 29, 2010 at 6:29 pm

Cup! More room for more toppings :)

alli July 29, 2010 at 7:20 pm

yum! yum! i’m totally craving waffles these past few weeks….the last time i made them they completely stuck to the iron, even when i sprayed both sides :/ still edible, though :)

so glad the babe is doing so well! i heard my little guys HB last night, it’s so amazing! i know births and interventions can turn into heated topics….but i was wondering if you plan to share your birth plan with your readers? i do realize that everything related to the big day and even things leading up to it are personal decisions and no matter what everyone has their own opinions as to why their way was/is the best.
we’ve decided to do a homebirth and thus have been seeing a midwife. i opted out on the glucose sereening since both my midwife and i feel that i have no signs/symptoms that indicate i have gestational diabetes. anyways, in my case, the ob i was seeing was so not worth my time/money after talking with him about things he will/wont do come d-day. the midwifery model of care is more up my alley. but i realize it’s not for everyone :)
anyways, i hate to be one of “those” people, but i guess when we love something we like to share it with others!
sorry for turning a food blog into a birth blog!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 29, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Alli, Between my cravings and HEABLet stories, I feel like HEAB is already a birth blog. :) I haven’t really wanted to mention my birth plan much as I know everyone has their own opinion. I love that you are going the mid-wife route. I think that’s great, and I know many people that have had home births. We even thought about it…and perhaps if we have another. It just sounds so nice to give birth to a baby in the comfort of one’s owns home, and I know if anything were to go wrong, the mid-wife would have us in the hospital immediately. However, for our first one, we’re doing a hospital birth. The plan is to stay at home as long as possible as I DO NOT want to be hooked up to monitors and allowed to eat nothing buy ice chips. The plan is for a natural birth, and my doctor is very supportive. I was really nervous at first, but we’ve been taking birthing classes from a natural birth advocate, and I feel well prepared for all that the hospital might throw at me. I also feel much more confident in my body’s ability to do this! :)

So exciting you heard your little boy’s heartbeat. Do you have a name picked out? I can’t remember.

Jessica @ Fit & Clean July 29, 2010 at 7:27 pm

I’m so happy that you heard the baby heart beat :) I remember all the times I listened to all of my kids….it IS music to your ears! Perfectly stated.

I love ice cream, and I love sugar cones. Have since I was a kid! Sugar cone or in a cup and it NEEDS sprinkles :)

Ana July 29, 2010 at 7:45 pm

I am a cup girl!! But I like the homemade waffle cones. I like when we walk in an ice cream shop and there is an aroma of freshly made waffle cones, I think that smell is amazingly good!

Oh the glucose test… nice to read other coments saying it is not bad, hopefully you will find that too. But I will be truth to you and say that I found it to be horrible, the worse thing I had during my pregnancy, it was terribly sweet, a huge amount of a thick orange soda type drink, and I felt awful the entire day after drinking it. And worse than that, I had to do it twice because the first one did not come within normal results…I literally cried to drink those two cups of gross orange liquid again.
But it is necessary,and I know you will take it pretty easily Heather!! (but it is nasty!)
So glad everything is going well with you and the baby!! Can’t have better news than that!!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 29, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Ana, Others have said the same – that they felt gross all day after the orange liquid again. I really think they should offer Snicker as an option! ;)

Sagan July 29, 2010 at 7:46 pm

I’m a cone girl ONLY if it’s a tasty waffle cone. Otherwise it’s not worth it, so I cup it!

Mmm homemade protein ice cream.

Pure2Raw Twins July 29, 2010 at 8:09 pm

So happy to hear that everything is going well with the baby :) YAY>
I am a cup person for ice cream! Though cones are good too.

BroccoliHut July 29, 2010 at 8:17 pm

I’m torn on the cone or cup dilemma–I love the taste of cones, but I always feel like they give you more in a cup :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 30, 2010 at 9:36 am

BroccoliHut, I feel the same way, and sometimes ask for a cup with a cone on the side. No joke. I then scoop the ice-cream into the cone myself and enjoy the leftovers in the bowl. :)

Erin July 29, 2010 at 8:30 pm

Heartbeats are the most amazing sounds on the planet! Incredible. Miraculous, even. Just a suggestion from one mother to another on all things gestational-diabetes-testing-syrup-liquid-stuff: CHUG!!!!!! Oh, and think of her healthy, beating heart while you chug it. One of the first of many parenting sacrifices…

I’m totally a waffle cone girl!!!

Chelsea Ward July 30, 2010 at 12:31 am

Glad to hear your doctor’s appointment went well. So excited for you and all that’s to come!

I love your spin on the ice cream in a waffle cone treat. When it comes to ice cream, I tend to be a cup person…unless there’s some exceptional looking chocolate dipped, sprinkle laden cone calling my name.

Rosey Rebecca July 30, 2010 at 6:07 am

Glad your doctor’s visit went well. Too bad you can’t eat a snickers.
I think it’s awesome that you’re a massage therapist. I’ve always been too scared to get a massage. I’m afraid it will hurt. ha.
Waffle Wednesday sounds like a tradition I may pick up!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 30, 2010 at 9:37 am

Rosey Rebecca, Don’t fear the massage. They are wonderful and so beneficial for your body. Just tell the therapist it’s your first and to take it easy. :)

Chandra July 30, 2010 at 7:14 am

I prefer my ice cream in a cup. I actually liked the glucose drink. I picked orange and it tastes just like an orange pop just a little sweeter.

Erika July 30, 2010 at 8:25 am

I am the kind of person that orders my ice cream in a cone and then asks for a cup too, that way I get all the yummy cone without having to lick it and have the ice cream melt all over me! :-)

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 30, 2010 at 9:37 am

Erika, Ha ha – I just left someone else a comment saying I sometimes do the same thing. :)

Kiersten July 30, 2010 at 9:14 am

I’m a cup person. I make too much of a mess when I eat a cone.

Bekah July 30, 2010 at 10:06 am

Was seriously considering making something like this for lunch the other day.. may do it today though! :) And frozen waffles with protein ice cream?! Why haven’t I thought of this? Your creativity inspires me Heather.

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 30, 2010 at 10:09 am

Beeks, Great minds think alike. :)

Lara (Thinspired) July 30, 2010 at 11:49 am

I gotta say Heabie, that lunch is a little odd looking, but I’m sure if you made it, it was tasty :)

Cake cone?! What is that?! Sounds heavenly. I do love cones but try to get cups to save on cals. Like it matters at that point ;)

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 30, 2010 at 11:56 am

Lara, Cake cones are the ones like they serve at McDonalds…love them with vanilla soft serve. Unfortunately, they don’t involve any actual cake. ;)

alli July 31, 2010 at 7:53 am

sounds like you have a great plan! i think its great you’re taking those classes and preparing yourself for anything the hospital throws at you :) . between my group of friends and other mamas i know, they don’t take the time to know and understand what their options are in a hospital….they just give in and do what they’re told & dont fully realize they do have a say.
i think you are a very smart woman! :) and i wish you all the best in the months to come!
we’re planning on naming our little guy eli :) we have about 7 more weeks until we see if that name fits him!

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 31, 2010 at 6:35 pm

Alli, Eli – LOVE it. :)

Celina July 31, 2010 at 10:18 pm

What is a cake cone?

Food-Fitness-FreshAir August 4, 2010 at 5:18 am

Ah, I know I’m really late, but congrats on the baby! That’s so exciting! I’m glad everything’s going well so far.

Sharing Waffle Wednesday with your young one is going to be great one day!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 1:22 pm