Vanilla Bliss

by HEAB on August 3, 2010

Yesterday’s chocolate coconut butter adventure prompted me to try a vanilla version, and dare I say I might just like it better?

These are the ingredients:

Combine equal parts melted coconut oil with equal parts vanilla protein powder. Jay Robb’s rice protein powder is sweetened with stevia, and tastes delicious in this recipe. Personally, I don’t think it would be nearly as good with unsweetened protein powder, but that may just be my sweet tooth talkin’ as it seems to get the best of me these days. ;)

First I tried my Vanilla Bliss over some cooked rolled oats with a sprinkle of dark chocolate chips, and I was sold.

Next up, I tried it on a HEABified apple pie. One of my many talents is purchasing bad apples. I swear, CD comes home with crisp apples every time he does the grocery shopping, but for some reason, mine are often mushy. However, I hate to waste, and so yesterday, I cored and then sliced 4 Granny Smith apples into thin rings and baked them in a 200° oven for about 4 to 5 hours.

Voila, baked apple rings.

So, for my pie, I drizzled the Vanilla Bliss over a few apple rings and some crumbled graham crackers.

Delicious, but it was just screaming for some maple-cinnamon protein ice-cream. ;)

When I woke up this morning, I popped 2 small sweet potatoes into the oven and then took the pups for an hour-long walk. We have snowmobile trails near where we staying, and they are perfect for dog walking…until you take the wrong fork, and end up on a major highway a mile from home. Oops, thankfully, I knew where I was, and we made it back all in one piece…a good thing too because my sweet potatoes were definitely done!

I bathed them in Vanilla Bliss and thoroughly enjoyed every bite, crispy skins included.

I think I’ve ingested more coconut oil in the past 48 hours than I have in the last month! Oh well, it’s good stuff.

Today’s workout from Lindsey is a cardio metabolic circuit which means the burpies are back. Can’t say I’m very excited about them, but they really do rev up that metabolism and help build strength. Thankfully, I’m not too sore from yesterday, but my booty is definitely feeling all the squats and lunges I did.

What is your favorite sweet potato topping?

Jenn (GH) August 3, 2010 at 7:40 am

I really need to try that Jay Robb protein powder. You mention it all the time. Is the ingredient list short???

I can’t imagine doing burpees while pregnant! You’re a machine! :-D

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 3, 2010 at 7:46 am

Jenn, Yes, you can read my review of Jay Robb’s rice protein powder here, ingredient list included: http://heathereatsalmondbutter.com/2009/04/22/the-war-is-onwant-a-taste-of-the-winner/. His whey was my all time favorite, and so I was ecstatic when the company came out with a rice version. It took some getting used to after drinking the whey for so long, but now I love it! PS – I’m only doing one leg burpies and praying I’ll survive. ;)

Beth August 3, 2010 at 7:41 am

I love black beans and pineapple salsa on my sweet potatoes!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 3, 2010 at 7:44 am

Beth, That sounds amazing – love the salty sweet combos!

Evan Thomas August 3, 2010 at 7:42 am

I love just sea salt on a baked sweet potato. So simple, but so good.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 3, 2010 at 7:43 am

Evan, Yeah, I usually just eat mine plain…they really need nothing else!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) August 3, 2010 at 7:43 am

Ya gotta love a workout you can feel the next day! You know you are working it then! I love almond butter on my sweet potatoes! YUM!

glutenfreemuse August 3, 2010 at 7:44 am

I’ve been loving on sweet potatoes with coconut butter, but last night I was dunking my sweet potatoes in my Thai Peanut Sauce!! I’ll be posting the recipe later this week, but it was the perfect blend of sweet, spice, savory, and best of all ALMOND CASHEW NUT BUTTER!!! Enjoy your vacay ;-)

~Alyssa

sweetersalt August 3, 2010 at 7:50 am

My favorite way to use sweet potatoes is in my recipe for Mashed Sweet Potato with Chorizo and Egg (recipe here: http://sweetersalt.com/2010/07/09/mashed-sweet-potato-with-chorizo-and-egg/). My fiancee begs me to make it once a week, but I make him sweat it out and wait for it!

Laura

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 3, 2010 at 7:56 am

Laura, Forget once a week. How about everyday?!? ;) Sounds delicious. :)

BethT August 3, 2010 at 7:50 am

How will you manage a burpie while pregnant? My belly would get in the way!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 3, 2010 at 7:57 am

BethT, I’m not sure. Lindsey told me to try one legged burpies, and my belly is not too big yet. We shall see…

http://tanyasdaily.blogspot.com/ August 3, 2010 at 7:53 am

I have only tried them plain…they seem so sweet already for me.
Yours sounds good though!

brandi August 3, 2010 at 7:54 am

ooh, vanilla bliss. That just sounds healthier, doesn’t it? :)

I’ve only tried Jay Robb once from some sample packet. I think I need to try it again.

My favorite sweet potato toppings:
- savory: hummus!!! Delicious.
- sweet: pinch of salt, cinnamon, nut butter

julie August 3, 2010 at 7:54 am

gaaaah i hateeeeeeeeeee burpeees!!!

on the other hand i love me some laughing cow + cinnamon + sweet potates!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday August 3, 2010 at 7:54 am

Butter and sea salt.

Christina @ ilovefetacheese.com August 3, 2010 at 7:59 am

This all looks so delicious. I need coconut oil STAT. I just filed a request form with my Whole Foods to get them to restock coconut flour because they have the price sticker but its never there!! I also can’t find this brown rice protein anywhere! Wish Jay Robb would restock… Good luck with your burpies! (teehee its fun to say burpies)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 3, 2010 at 8:03 am

Christina, Yeah, I heard Jay Robb’s rice has been on backorder forever! :(

Sarah August 3, 2010 at 8:03 am

I love my sweet potatoes with a little real maple syrup and peanut butter. OR baked into fries (with oil and plenty of seasonings).

VeggieGirl August 3, 2010 at 8:06 am

For sweet, I like to put cinnamon & coconut butter on sweet potatoes. For savory, I opt for garlic powder and German mustard :)

homecookedem August 3, 2010 at 8:07 am

Oh my goodness! Burpies?!! Be careful HEAB!! I could definitely not do burpies right now and I’m less preggers than you.

Thanks so much for the great idea with the apples!! Andrew bought way too many green apples and this is the PERFECT way to use them up!! Thanks!! :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 3, 2010 at 8:09 am

Em, You’re welcome. CD and I love baked apple rings, and I promise to take it easy with the burpies. :)

Little Bookworm August 3, 2010 at 8:11 am

Does ketchup count as a topping for sweet potatoes? :P I tend to eat them in dishes rather than on their own (though I do like them as sweet potato cheetahs with ketchup).

Your Heabified apple pie looks amazing!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 3, 2010 at 8:14 am

Little Bookwork, Yep, ketchup totally counts. :)

Meg August 3, 2010 at 8:13 am

I have an uncurable sweet tooth as well ;) If I try this I’d probably add some Stevia or agave to give it a little somethin’ sweet. I love Quark on my sweet potato! New find @ Whole Foods, and a bit of cinnamon. Coconut sounds great too, though ;)

Enjoy your workout – kick some burpee butt!!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 3, 2010 at 8:26 am

Meg, What is Quark?

Heather (Perspective Is Everything) August 3, 2010 at 8:15 am

mmmmmmmm sweet potatoes (a la Homer Simpson) ;)
i like ‘em plain or topped with cinnamon and peanut butter. any way is good!

j August 3, 2010 at 8:16 am

Tahini!!!!!!!!!! Slap a dollop of tahini , a sprinkle of sea salt, and occasionally a bit of apricot jam (the fruit-sweetened variety) on a sweet potato and I am one happy girl.

Scott in Ohio August 3, 2010 at 8:19 am

Sweet taters…salt, cinnamon, butter, and butter. Did I forget to mention butter?

Any chance you could get CD to photograph the one-legged burpees? :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 3, 2010 at 8:29 am

Scott, Ha…I think I’ll keep the burpees all to myself. ;)

Anna August 3, 2010 at 8:21 am

I bet I’d like the vanilla better too– I’m such a vanilla person! Yum!

Kelly August 3, 2010 at 8:22 am

Here’s my food blogger confession…I hate sweet potatoes. I only like the skin…I am not much for the pulp. But I do like sweet potato fries so maybe it just that I don’t like mashed sweet potatoes…I think it is a texture thing. I don’t really like mashed potatoes either.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 3, 2010 at 8:30 am

Kelly, It’s okay – baked sweet taters aren’t for everyone, but at least you like the fries! :)

Heather August 3, 2010 at 8:23 am

i love the apple rings! they remind me of those apple chips…i have no control with those things!

erinsloves August 3, 2010 at 8:33 am

I want to try coconut oil!!

Im not a fan of eating a whole sweet potato, I like it in fry-form mashed on a grilled cheese. OMG yum.

couchpotatoathlete August 3, 2010 at 8:34 am

oh your sweet potatoes look so delicious! I like to top mine with some cinnamon, brown sugar and a drizzle of maple syrup.

Diana @ VEGeneration August 3, 2010 at 8:46 am

Ooh la la, everything looks awesome :] I just like to eat my sweet potatoes plain.

Lindsey August 3, 2010 at 8:48 am

One leg burpies are actually less bouncy so possibly easier while pregnant. No jumping. REMEMBER NOT TO OVERDO IT!!! If it gets to hard transition into step burpies which is where you just step back into a plank and then step in to stand up. No bouncing involved. Some people can bounce while prego and some can’t. Go according to how you feel. Good luck!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 3, 2010 at 8:49 am

Thanks Lindsey! :)

Christina August 3, 2010 at 8:49 am

I like mine with a drizzle of oil and sprinkle of salt :) Simple and delish.

Erica August 3, 2010 at 8:53 am

Nom Nom- the apple creation looks best. I totally am doing that with some apples (and maybe pears) in the fall!!

Freckled Foodie August 3, 2010 at 8:55 am

fabulous apple pie idea!

ilove cottage cheese on my sweet taters, but i think it’s tie with naturally more!

Diana (Soap & Chocolate) August 3, 2010 at 9:14 am

I’m pretty traditional when it comes to baked potatoes, sweet or otherwise. Butter, S+P are good enough for me, so long as I have a nice pile of roasties to go with. :) But if I’m feeling a little wacky, avocado and/or coconut butter have been known to weasel their way in there.

Funny, now that you’re pregnant, when you wrote “burpies” I automatically pictured burp CLOTHS, as opposed to an exercise move, haha.

Jill August 3, 2010 at 9:18 am

Ode to snowmobile trails!! Ah…the memories of being up there on the trails with snow up to my belly button!! Thanks for the sharing of your Babymoon!!

I am agreeing with you also about the Lindsey workout. I did squats and lunges yesterday and….whew…I’ve not been this sore in AGES!! Cannot wait to see my new body in less than 30 days.

Run Sarah August 3, 2010 at 9:21 am

Your baked apple rings look delicious! I like ketchup or almond butter on sweet potatoes – but not together!

Anya @ Fitness & Sunshine August 3, 2010 at 9:35 am

I like toppin’ em with veggies, and maybe feta sometimes? Sweet toppings are interesting, never tried em before. I like my potatoes savory! :)

A Teenage Gourmet August 3, 2010 at 9:35 am

Favorite sweet potato topping – mom’s orange & bourbon sauce!!!

Nicole August 3, 2010 at 9:46 am

Ohhh this looks good tooooo!!! And I also have very expensive taste in food. I feel like the vanilla can be more versitile than the chocolate? Wait, did I just say that??
I like sprinkling cinnamon on my sweet potato with either coconut oil, butter, or PB. Last night though, I actually used a tsp. of Dark Chocloate Dreams and it was so good. I am starting to think it’s a little too sweet for me though. Bummer. I can’t find Justin’s dark choclate, and I can’t find the chocolate hazelnut either. Super bummer. Oh well I’ll just have to try making my own!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Nicole, I definitely think you would prefer the Justin’s, and I hope you find some soon. Until then, making it homemade is a great alternative since you can control the sweetness. Also, Maranatha’s chocolate spreads are yummy too. :)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape August 3, 2010 at 9:54 am

Oh my goodness that sweet potato looks good!! I sort of just discovered sweet potatoes and am always amazed at how good they taste just on their own! With coconut vanilla sauce?? I think I would scarf that thing down in two minutes flat, haha.

Kelsey @ CleanTeenKelsey August 3, 2010 at 10:10 am

Mmkay, wow. That looks incredible. I definitely will have to try that. My protein powder may not be very sweet, but I can always add stevia to the combo, right?

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Kelsey, Definitely! :)

eatmovelove August 3, 2010 at 10:12 am

Oh wow – that apple pie looks delish!

Sweet potatoes – anything goes! Mustard LOL (on anything), and I love salsa and cheese on it too…again that goes on everything as well!

Slight obsession.

eatmovelove August 3, 2010 at 10:18 am

Also – I don’t do Protein Powders – but what’s the deal with Whey? So many people against it now it seems…?

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Eatmovelove, The only reason to avoid whey is if you have problems digesting dairy…which a lot of people do. That’s why I avoid the stuff anyway.

40apples August 3, 2010 at 10:21 am

That vanilla bliss looks…. just plain amazing. I am drooling!

Excellent usage on the baked potatoes too, I must say. Looks like an even better version of my admittedly gross fondness for the roasted marshmallow topping on the heart-stopping sweet potato casserole my grandma makes. And yes, that is my favorite topping, gross as it may be :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 2:14 pm

40apples, My family always adds marshmallows to holiday sweet potato casseroles – no shame! ;)

Kendall August 3, 2010 at 10:35 am

I really like sweet potatoes for breakfast with coconut butter and cinnamon. I also ADORE them with honey butter. Holy cow that is good. And I like the sweet potatoes that have a more yellow, starchy flesh better for some reason. I think they are sweeter. I’m not really sure if they are even called something different, becuase I never really know which kind I’m buying until I cut them open when I get home.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 2:13 pm

Kendall, So funny – I remember the first time I cut into one of those yellow sweet potatoes, and I was like, “what the hell?”, but then I tasted it, and it was so yummy and sweet. So good! They’re referred to as yellow Japanese sweet potatoes and usually always available at Asian Markets: http://heathereatsalmondbutter.com/2009/05/26/surprise-its-not-orange/

Olivia @ Blissful Runner August 3, 2010 at 10:55 am

I’ve been looking for a new topping for my sweet potatoes! Thanks for sharing. Last night I cubbed and roasted a sweet potato with ground nutmeg. It was good, but too subtle. Definitely a recipe that needs tweaking. :)

Sarah August 3, 2010 at 11:00 am

I’m a huge fan of making sweet potato wedges with sea salt, cayenne, cinnamon, and a dash of brown sugar. So good! :)
PS: I lived in Michigan for grad school (Detroit — it was horrible…), and vacationed along Lake Michigan once — it was stunning! Sounds like the perfect place for a babymoon :)

Jess S. August 3, 2010 at 11:02 am

One of my favorite cool weather breakfasts is a big baked sweet potato with a slather of peanut butter and a big blob of plain greek yogurt on top. Not a typical breakfast I suppose, but so good!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Jess S. Probably not typical to most, but I totally get it. :)

Stef August 3, 2010 at 11:03 am

Hey,
HEAB asked about Quark. Quark is a German thing so i felt compiled to answer. Just like yoghurt it is made from milk and is like a yoghurt and cheese mix one might say. Texture wise it is like greek yoghurt really thick and creamy with a tart flavour but not as tart as some yoghurts. In Germany it’s used to make cheese cake or we eat it plain with the same things you would add to yoghurt.
Hope that helps you get an idea.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Stef, Thanks so much for the Quark info – sounds like something I would love. Yogurt + cheese – um, yes please! Must find some soon, and you must tell me all about your first sweet potato experience! :)

Stef August 3, 2010 at 11:04 am

uuppps, forgot to mention that i have never had a sweet potato. So i decided to try it since everybody in the blogworld raves about them. So I have one awaiting it’s end in the kitchen but just couldn’t decide on how to eat it. but got some great tips from the other comments!

brittac August 3, 2010 at 11:26 am

I am a total lime juice and sweet potato girl. I like a little bit of butter (I think coconut oil would work nicely too), a little lime juice and salt and pepper. It is so weird but it gives it almost a sweet and sour effect. Kinda like awesome Thai food.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Brittac, That sounds amazing – never thought to put lime juice on my sweet taters. Must remember that one! :)

Lynn August 3, 2010 at 12:00 pm

I truly love sweet potatoes w just some sea salt and butter. Sweet potatoes scream autumn to me and so that’s when I usually have them regularly. Last year for a holiday pot luck I made mashed sweet potatoes with chipotles and adobo in it. It was pretty spicy but really good. I want to make some sweet potato (I don’t think I’ve ever typed that so many times! LOL) fries, very crispy, and mix ketchup and sriracha for dipping.
I’m glad you didn’t get too lost on that walk!

Nicky August 3, 2010 at 12:02 pm

Hi Heather! Glad you’re enjoying your babymoon :) I love goat cheese on sweet potatoes, but will be trying some of the combos in the comments!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) August 3, 2010 at 12:08 pm

I love Jay’s vanilla brown rice powder of all the vegan vanilla’s. The french vanilla-ey taste just is sooo yum. I think that in chocolate, Sun Warrior is the ticket. Also you are right, Sun Warr’s vanilla is not as sweet as Jay’s and I totally concur that sweeter is better when pairing w/ coconut oil…..divine!

The baked apples…see, this is exactly why I tell people they don’t “need” a dehydrator! Just do at a low oven and take your time and things turn out, usually, just fine! I love that you did this! Plus I dehyd at 150F or so (not 115F..don’t have the patience!) so it’s really not that much different.

The sweet tater looks lovely and that’s not even “my kind” of food…but the coconut oil/chocolate spreads sure are!

xo

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 2:06 pm

Averie, I have a dehydrator, and it’s a major pain in my arse. So, until I the Excalibur I covet, I will be using my oven. So much easier! :)

Monica August 3, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Thanks for sharing that recipe with the protein powder and coconut oil – it sounds so awesome and could be used on so much! I will have to give it a try ASAP.

Pumpkin pie spice with honey butter – sigh….amazing!

Katie August 3, 2010 at 1:20 pm

I don’t think it’s your sweet tooth talking, I believe that is what we call “common sense”. :D Everything is better sweetened!

I can eat sweet potatoes anyway you serve them to me, except mashed. I am more of a savory lover though – mustard, noochy sauce, salsa, all of the above….

Laura August 3, 2010 at 2:08 pm

That Heabafied “apple pie” looks smashing xx

Lorne August 3, 2010 at 2:16 pm

I loveeee sweet potato. In NZ it is called kumara and is eaten by the native Maoris as a staple food. My favourite is mashed kumara with a little butter and seasoning. Oh yum for my tum!

Stephanie@ avocado nation August 3, 2010 at 3:15 pm

I love marinara sauce on sweet potato. I have no idea why. The two textures are just really delicious together.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Stephanie, CD loves putting marinutta sauce ( http://heathereatsalmondbutter.com/recipes/marinutta-sauce/) on top of his sweet potatoes. Is his pre-race meal before every long race, and I have to agree with you, it’s a delicious combo!

Ana August 3, 2010 at 3:47 pm

I need to try this coconut oil concoction, sounds so good Heather. I love your recipes, you come up with such delicious and healthy ideas!
The apple pie is really cool! Do you use mi-del grahams? They are my absolutely favorite sweet crackers (which I like bc are not too sweet), I try to never run out of them! (just like with the almond butter! serious issues I have!)
Hope you had a great workout!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Ana, Yes, those were the Mi-Del grahams. I like them, but the TJ’s grahams are my favorite! Have you ever tried them – although come to think of it, they are much sweeter than the Mi-Del…probably why I like them more. ;)

Erica @ ericaunmasked.blogspot.com August 3, 2010 at 4:09 pm

Hi – I agree with Avery. I love the chocolate Sun Warrior if you are going vegan. I also have to say I love MGN Rocky Road whey. It is pretty darn tasty – AND cheap!!
For Sweet Potatoe – I don’t know – maybe butter? I am not a big sweet potatoe loveer – but I do like them crisy!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 3, 2010 at 4:14 pm

Awesome creation! I’ve seen coconut butter all around, I need to give it a try! My favorite sweet potato topping is good ole’ cinnamon and maple syrup. Works every time :)

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com August 3, 2010 at 5:23 pm

my taste buds have changed and i much prefer everything vanilla versus chocolate. especially things like icecreams. both versions of this look so good! now u’ll be able to switch it up and choose whichever mood ur in, bet it chocolate or vanilla. woot! <3

BroccoliHut August 3, 2010 at 5:43 pm

Favorite SP toppings: hummus/salsa or cottage cheese/walnuts/cinnamon!

Mindfully Emily August 3, 2010 at 5:46 pm

This post seriously made me drool…and so creative even without the creature comforts of your own kitchen:) I usually just stick to salt and butter on my sweet potato but I think I’ve been boring… definitely could use some cinnamon :)

kaztronomic August 3, 2010 at 6:32 pm

I’ve always been more of a vanilla girl than a chocolate girl, so this recipe definitely holds my interest!

I typically like my sweet taters with peanut butter and cinnamon, but today I mashed some adzuki beans (mixed with cinnamon, vanilla, and half a banana) onto it and drizzled it in almond butter. Omg, so yummy. :D

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Kaztronomic, Wow, I would have never thought to combine beans, banana, and almond butter as a sweet tater topping, but I bet it was delicious!

Lauren August 3, 2010 at 6:46 pm

Heather, I’m one of the lucky winners of Linsey’s giveaway and holy cow! I did this intense pulse pyramid yesterday which made me feel like jello after, and today I am so sore-in a really good way! And today I did sprinting/jogging/walking intervals and I think I sweated more than I have in my entire life. Thank you for being the hostess for this awesome giveaway! It is so motivating when I have goals and also someone keeping me accountable in a way. Made your chia protein oat bran for bfast yesterday. You’re good, Heab! xoxo

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Lauren, So happy to hear you’re enjoying the workouts as well as some chia protein oats! :)

I remember those pyramids. Such a great workout – I always felt like I accomplished so much in such a short period of time. No pyramids for me this month, but I hope to do them again post HEABlet, and I love interval workouts…I’m actually missing my Tabata Intervals on the stationary bike. Oh well, again, I’ll be back at ‘em soon.

I think you’re going to see some great results from this month – please keep me posted!

Megan (Braise The Roof) August 3, 2010 at 8:33 pm

I love making apple rings! And Granny Smiths are the best for baking- good call with the apple pie a la mode thing you’ve got going!

Kelsey August 3, 2010 at 8:51 pm

What kind of graham crackers do you use? It’s usually hard to find whole wheat ones for me.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 1:03 pm

Kelsey, My favorite are the Trader Joe’s brand, and I believe they’re made with whole wheat floured. However, the ones pictured are the Mi-Del honey grahams. They’re whole wheat, but kind of bland compared to TJ’s. Still good though. :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Kelsey, *flour ;)

Alyson @ Nourished Fitness August 3, 2010 at 9:59 pm

um genius! Can’t wait to try :)

Alisa August 3, 2010 at 10:09 pm

You are a food invention goddess! that sweet potato with vanilla-coconut oil is seriously calling my name.

Stella August 4, 2010 at 5:56 am

I need to try everything in this post! I’m in the UK so it’s pretty hard to find Artisana at all and impossible to find anything other than coconut butter. I know what I’m doing with the last of my jar now!

bubblegumgymkat August 4, 2010 at 7:43 am

I like to put spray butter, stevia and cinnamon on my sweet potato. I have also tried sugar free caramel sauce..YUMM!!!!

lizlivingvegan August 4, 2010 at 7:56 am

That looks so good!!!! But I’m trying to watch my saturated fat intake, thanks to my cholesterol, so I try not to eat too much coconut oil :( Looks delicious though!

Marina August 4, 2010 at 8:08 am

I adore putting almond or peanut butter on top of my sweet potatoes, cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup. Oh, and maybe a dollop of yogurt.
I also like sweet potatoes with ketchup, but they need some baked tofu on the side then :D

petersenplace August 4, 2010 at 9:12 am

Yum everything looks so good – I like ketchup with my sweet potatoe and sometimes chopped up green onions.

edenseats August 4, 2010 at 9:19 am

I lie peanut butter and cottage cheese, but not together. its a toss up between those two.
What kind of graham crackers are those? they look divine!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Eden, I would totally eat cc + pb on a sweet potato together. I think that sounds like a delicious combo. The graham crackers are the Mi-Del Honey Grahams. They’re pretty good, but my favorite are the Trader Joe’s brand.

Jenny R. August 4, 2010 at 10:58 am

Looks like you’re having a great time on your vacation!! xox

annecalista August 4, 2010 at 11:38 am

Butter.

lisa August 4, 2010 at 8:03 pm

hahaha I feel like I ALWAYS pick bad apples too! Not mushy, but just FLAVORless! I dont like wasting either, so I usually sprinkle them with cinnamon and either stevia or maple syrup and microwave them for a “baked” apple, and eat them that way. But boy, when I get an apple that is sweet and crisp its like BLISS for me! :)

sweet potato toppings for me is prollyyy maple syrup or butter & cinnamon, yummmm.!

thedelicateplace August 5, 2010 at 9:05 am

oh HEAB you look adorable! i’ve been drinking this lately and i think you just may fall in love with it too: http://www.redwoodhill.com/media/kefir-1264819512.jpg

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 5, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Delicateplace, Oh gosh, been dying to try the goat milk kefir, but it’s so pricey! However, I know I’ll give in one day soon, and unfortunately for my wallet, I’m pretty sure I’ll fall in love too. Glad to know it’s good!

kaitlinwithhoney August 5, 2010 at 1:54 pm

I really love cottage cheese and salsa on sweet potatoes. I also love black beans, garlic, shredded cheese and greek yogurt!

{ 2 trackbacks }