Don't Skimp!

by HEAB on August 4, 2010

My appetite is out of control…and my hamstrings are soooo sore. However, I did survive yesterday’s burpees, and let me tell ya, the one legged version is so much easier! I highly recommend them to all you burpee haters out there. :)

So, anyway, back to my appetite. I could not satiate my hunger yesterday, and then I got to thinking about my activity level. Let’s see, I started the day off with an 60-minute trail walk with the pups. I then did my 20 minute cardio metabolic circuit from Lindsey. There was also an afternoon walk with the dogs followed by a swim in the lake. Can’t believe I’m about to post this next photo, but here is the latest belly shot…

Yes, I broke out the bathing suit, and honestly, I’m much more comfortable in it now that I’m pregnant. There’s just something about my new belly that I love. ;)

So, thinking back, I realized that although I’m relaxing a lot while we’re here, I’m still staying quite active. However, the last thing I need to do is lose any weight this month. Therefore, I listened to my hunger and ate everything I was craving yesterday. Lunch was 2 eggs + 2 egg whites scrambled in butter with spinach, mushrooms, goat cheese, and mustard. I topped it off with some hummus and had a toasted pita on the side. P.S. I finally found the Joseph brand of pita bread. Oh my gosh, I love it. Joseph, why don’t you sell your products in Nashville?

Shortly after lunch, we walked up to the lake, and I was still hungry after swimming. Well, guess what sits right across the street from the lake? The Dairy Bar!!! Check out the soft serve selection:

I kid you not.

I went ahead and started at the top of the list and ordered myself a small Peppermint Patty cone.

Can you believe that was a small? It was huge!

Cone #1 was delicious, and there is no turning back now…in other words, I have a feeling there will be many more trips to The Dairy Bar while we’re here. However, that’s okay. I’m filling my days with activities that I enjoy, and an occasional ice-cream cone is not going to hurt me. Again, I’m just rolling with the cravings and listening to my body. Little HEABlet, you have already taught me so much, and for that I am grateful. :)

So, are you listening to your body today? Pay close attention to your hunger. Obviously, some days we are going to need more fuel than others, and it’s important not to restrict calories when your body is truly hungry. I used to try and eat the same amount of food everyday, no matter if I ran 2 miles or 10. That just doesn’t make any sense my friends…none at all.

One more question before I go: What flavor of soft serve should I try next? ;)

Jenn (GH) August 4, 2010 at 12:26 pm

I’m like you I eat differently depending on my activity level for the day. It really only makes sense.

Baby belly? ADORABLE.

Christin L. August 4, 2010 at 12:27 pm

How cute are you?! :)

BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE. OMG yes!!

VeggieGirl August 4, 2010 at 12:28 pm

Yep, finally listening to my body!! :)

You and little HEABlet look fabulous!!

sweetersalt August 4, 2010 at 12:28 pm

The caramel pecan cheesecake is making me hungry!

Evan Thomas August 4, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Caramel Pecan Cheesecake–DO IT

lissa10279 August 4, 2010 at 12:30 pm

You look ADORABLE! Love that baby bump and you are rockin’ that suit! I totally know what you mean about loving the belly — it’s crazy how suddenly it’s like a badge of honor in some wacked way. I love knowing you’re proud of yours, too. It’s sustaining LIFE … and somehow, that makes everything seem so, so different.

Enjoy that ice cream — mmmmm York peppermint patties have always been my fave candy. That sounds heavenly!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday August 4, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Love seeing you in that swimsuit!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Samantha, I thought you might. ;)

Becky August 4, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Chocolate covered cherry , then the cappucino’s! But I would have started with the same one you did.
You look great ! I love your suit . :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 12:32 pm

Thanks Becky! :)

Little Bookworm August 4, 2010 at 12:31 pm

I think you should try the blueberry cheesecake or Chocolate-Covered Cherry flavour next! :)

brandi August 4, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Sounds like the babymoon is going well :)

Your first choice would have been mine, too – peppermint patty! Yum.

Next choices would have to be:
Blueberry Pancake
Caramel Pecan Cheesecake
Chocolate Raspberry Cappuccino
Pineapple Coconut.

You have plenty of time to get them all :)

Heather August 4, 2010 at 12:32 pm

What if we could change the health of everyone if we just encouraged people to actually LISTEN to their bodies? Thanks for spreading this message so clearly!!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Heather, You’re welcome. :)

Jason August 4, 2010 at 12:35 pm

just go down the list in order until you’ve tried them all :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 12:39 pm

Jason, I like the way you think. ;)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) August 4, 2010 at 12:37 pm

You look great! You have such a great smile! Kids are amazing…they will keep teaching you as they get older. Life/eating is definitely not about you anymore…but in a good way! Ok, I LOVE Joseph’s, but sadly they put soy in there. It was one of my all time favorites! Perfect nutrition, flavor and consistency! Enjoy them! Now, I would go for egg nog!

Heather August 4, 2010 at 12:37 pm

The little HEABlet belly is adorable!

We have a Dairy Bar near our house that is much the same as that one – crazy wild flavors and portion sizes that are ridiculous! Such a wonderful summer treat.

I vote for the Blueberry pancake or the Pineapple Coconut next!

Lauren August 4, 2010 at 12:39 pm

You look great, Heather! I’m a huge fan of chocolate and raspberry together, so that might be next vote, but then again, the blueberry pancake seems very fitting for you what with Pancake Sundays and all. :)

Anna August 4, 2010 at 12:40 pm

Awwww, you look so great!!! Love that baby bump!

That soft serve is creating a major craving in me, ha!

Heather August 4, 2010 at 12:40 pm

blueberry cheesecake all the way :) and i LOVE your baby belly! you are still absolutely gorgeous and glowing and amazing as always :)

thedailyoatmeal August 4, 2010 at 12:41 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your journey with the HEABlet and how it is leading you to listen to your body. I think the honesty and the journey is something we can all learn from :) Today I listened to my body by not going for an over-filling lunch. I snacked on a few things while I worked, and I was satisfied without sitting down to a meal. Sometimes I forget that’s all I may need!

Megan (Braise The Roof) August 4, 2010 at 12:42 pm

Banana Chocolate! No, Very Berry! No, Strawberry Cheesecake! It’s too hard to decide! Maybe they can swirl them? :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 12:45 pm

Megan, I didn’t even think to ask them if they could swirl. However, I’m sure I could at least get 2 or 3 flavors side by side in a cup…topped with a cone of course. ;)

janetha August 4, 2010 at 12:44 pm

AH cutest pregnant girl. ever.

brittac August 4, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Way to rock the swim suit!
If i ever get pregnant I have all intentions of rocking my belly proudly.

The ice cream looks wonderful!

mandyunruh August 4, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Your post brings tears to my eyes. First of all, you look ADORABLE in your pink swimsuit! Second, I am SO happy you are listening to your body, your cravings, and your beautiful BABY. I’m right there with ya, this little one has taught me SO much about eating real food (and sometimes that means REAL sugar!). I workout less, although still do something everyday, eat what I want, and have gained 2 pounds in 16 weeks! That tells me that I can trust my hunger and my body so much more than I thought. Yay for pregnancy! xoxo PS that “small” cone looks like what “small” looks like in Michigan (not very). Hee hee.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Mandy, I could not agree more…pregnancy is such an amazing journey, no? I am so grateful. :) PS – Would hate to see what a MI “large” looks like…or maybe not. Hehe.

Erica August 4, 2010 at 12:49 pm

You look so freaking cute! I love it <3 . Ow- a dairy bar? I would be all over that. SO many fun flavors. Enjoy

gloriousgreens August 4, 2010 at 12:50 pm

You look adorable in your suit!!! I’ve been really trying to tune into what my body is telling me, whether it is activity, sleep or food related and it feels great.

homecookedem August 4, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Love that belly bump!! I am on the same page! I’ve never felt more confident in a swimsuit! :) And I’ve never listened to my body so much before. I love being pregnant!! :)

Ana August 4, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Ohh, awesome belly picture Heather, you are beautiful in that swimsuit!
Best thing we can all do is to listen to our bodies. Why does it take us so long to figure that out I don’t know… but I am glad I finally learned it and that you did too, and also that you are doing it and respecting yourself and the baby cravings, that is the best and rightest thing to do for you and the heablet!
I would go for the Malted Chocolate ice cream flavor, I love malted chocolate things! And next I would try chocolate covered raspberry, yum! The soft serve looks delicious!

Jen August 4, 2010 at 12:59 pm

I love your new outlook on life and eating. You look gorgeous! Chocolate covered raspberry sounds delicious!!!

spoonfulofsugarfree August 4, 2010 at 1:01 pm

You look so great! Treat your growing body to what you want :)

And definitely try the blueberry pancake. Next I’d try eggnog for kicks (sounds so interesting!) Then coffee cake, banana bread, and banana chocolate…..so many! I have an idea-try one or two every day until the end of the month. Then you’ll have tried them all!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 1:06 pm

spoonfulofsugarfree, Sounds like a good plan to me. :)

nikkionlunch August 4, 2010 at 1:02 pm

Blueberry Pancake!

Loving the bathing suit, lady! Work it!!

kyla August 4, 2010 at 1:02 pm

Mmmm banana chocolate or banana bread looks fabulous! But so does that caramel pecan cheesecake one….

And you look absolutely radiant! Not only is the great color suit on you but you have your own happy healthy glow working and that’s even more apparent.

Heather @ Side of Sneakers August 4, 2010 at 1:03 pm

Your belly is so freaking cute!! :) Mmmm kahlua!! (As long as there’s not really any kahlua of course…) Otherwise blueberry!! Blueberry cheesecake (and pb) are my favorites at the fro yo place near me :)

couchpotatoathlete August 4, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Go for the Banana Bread flavor. Yum.

Your picture is gorgeous! Look at your belly — the little HEABlet! Cute.

Your advice is so true – listen to your body. For years I have just restricted myself and have basically eaten the same thing every day. There are days that we need more fuel, and I know that I need to be more aware of how my body is feeling — not just my head :)

Christina @ ilovefetacheese August 4, 2010 at 1:05 pm

Aw you look adorable in that pic! Looks like ya’ll are enjoy the sun and weather! I would definitely go with one of the cheesecakes for your next softserve! I mixed some strawberry PP with greek yogurt today and it reminded me of cheesecake…YUM. Have fun!

Lisa August 4, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Try the Coffee Cake flavor!

Dorry August 4, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Gorgeous mama-to-be!!!! I love your pink bathing suit! I was just thinking that hummus makes everything better at lunch…then saw your yummy lunch. Try the banana chocolate flavor. :)

JillyB August 4, 2010 at 1:09 pm

Chocolate-covered cherry gets my vote! So glad y’all are having a nice trip. :)

Megan (Running Foodie) August 4, 2010 at 1:09 pm

Just back from Hawaii myself, all of the tropical flavors look delish! But oh, Kahlua? Amaretto Capuccino? I would be in trouble there!

Heather, you look great in your bathing suit! Pregnant women are so beautiful :)

Angie August 4, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Just an FYI, I’ve gotten Joseph brand pita bread at the Walmart in Cool Springs before. It’s probably been a year or so since I last bought it, but it was on a shelf around the deli counter. They may not carry it any longer, but it may be worth looking next time you’re in the area.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Thanks so much Angie – that’s where I found it here in MI, at Wal-Mart. Good to know! :)

Lara (Thinspired) August 4, 2010 at 1:16 pm

You are adorable, Heabie, and make pregnancy look natural and gorgeous.

I’m intrigued by the banana chocolate. Do they have toppings? I would do banana chocolate topped with bananas…and chocolate :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 1:23 pm

Lara, Well, they make banana splits, and so surely they have toppings to spare. :)

Tiffany Ofiero August 4, 2010 at 1:17 pm

I would say try anything with peanut or almond butter but since there is none, EGGNOG! I love it!

Gina G August 4, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Softserve is my absolute favorite!!! I would be all over the coffeecake or blueberry pancake or the banana chocolate! (i would be there everyday too haha)

Quix August 4, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Peppermint Patty would have been my first choice hands down. Coffee cake sounds delightful, but I’m intrigued by Spearmint for sure!

I used to try to limit my calories to a specific count each day, but my body was NOT having it with distance running training so I learned to vary it up.

dmcgirl37 August 4, 2010 at 1:21 pm

Heather!! I loved this post, you are so amazing & are going to be the perfect role model for the lil heab!

Of course you need more food when you are more active! the body never lies! as much as we try to ignore it when it wants more or doesn’t feel like working out, the bod definitely knows best.

you have to try the coffee cake ice cream! sounds amazinggggg

I love reading how you are honoring your body so well because of your pregancy.. It is such an inspiration for me :)

Dana xox

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 1:24 pm

Thanks Dana. :)

jacobc August 4, 2010 at 1:22 pm

I got all excited when i saw eggnog!! haha
If only the stores carried that year-round, well, my heart prob wouldn’t agree..
Around the hollidays the wait-staff at IHOP know what i want before ordering- eggnog pancakes..
That makes me wonder, how about a eggnog mile around Christmas time? ha!
Hope the weather is better there, 115 feel like temp..You picked a great time to babymoon!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 1:24 pm

JacobC Yeah, my mom said the weather in Nashville is downright oppressive! Oh well, it will be time for eggnog pancakes before we know it. :)

Ellen @ Undercover Runner Eats August 4, 2010 at 1:24 pm

Chocolate Raspberry Cappuccino next please!

Mimi August 4, 2010 at 1:24 pm

So funny you bring this up–this is something I’ve been dealing with a TON lately. I’m trying a lot harder to listen to my body. At the moment, I’ve had to acknowledge that my hunger signals are very messy right now, and very unreliable. However, I find that if I pay close attention to how I feel AFTER I eat something, it’s much easier to figure out what I want and how certain things make me feel.

Hehe, this trip is going to give you TONS of ideas for new protein ice cream, I just know it!

Oh, quick question–have you had any experience cooking with rice protein powder? I was trying to make totally vegan protein pancakes for a friend, but my plant protein powder was having tons of trouble binding. I added 1 tbsp flax seed to 1 scoop of powder, and some psyllium husks. It held, but wasn’t perfect. Any ideas?

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 1:35 pm

Mimi, So glad you’re tuning into your body. I often think my hunger signals are “broken” as well, but it does help to pay attention to how I feel “after” I eat. Good call as I don’t think I ever really paid much attention.

As far as the rice protein powder goes, I have cooked with it often, and have no problems with Jay Robb or Sun Warrior’s rice protein powder binding. However, I usually use eggs in the recipes. For vegan recipes, I would try making a flax seed or chia gel to replace the eggs rather than just combining the flax seed with your protein powder: 1 TBSP ground flax seed + 3 TBSP water or nut milk and allow to thicken for 15 minutes. Same goes for chia. Hope this helps Mimi!

Gloria August 4, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Chocolate Raspberry Cappuccino! But I’m not sure the caffeine is good while preggers? If not, I’d go with one of the cheesecakes!! Or maybe all three?? ;)

And I wanted to thank you for posting about the Vita-Mix sale. I ended up taking the plunge and purchasing one after years of drooling over all the yummy creations I was missing out on. I think I’ve made your protein ice cream every night over the past week since it arrived!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 1:38 pm

Gloria, Up to 200 mg of caffeine a day is fine, and I’m betting the soft serve has less than that. :)

So excited you bought a Vita-Mix!!!! That protein ice-cream is addictive stuff, no? Makes me so happy to know you’re enjoying it. Please eat a big bowl for me!

jodye @ 'scend food August 4, 2010 at 1:35 pm

I would certainly have to go with either malted chocolate or chocolate covered raspberry, or all of them! You look adorable in that swimsuit!

Kate August 4, 2010 at 1:35 pm

Caramel Pecan Cheesecake! And send some to me too please. Looks like you are having a fabulous Babymoon!

Laura August 4, 2010 at 1:35 pm

You look glowing!!! I hope you intend to work your way down the list! xx

Beth S. August 4, 2010 at 1:37 pm

Does it say blueberry pancake under “more new flavors?” If so, try that one!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Beth, Yes, it does. :)

BethT August 4, 2010 at 1:40 pm

I totally agree about pregnant body confidence! I think once we have an “excuse” to be a little rounder, we forgive our imperfections and just relax in our own skin. I’m going to be in a swimsuit this weekend and I’m actually looking forward to it!

eatmovelove August 4, 2010 at 1:43 pm

The Banana Bread totally caught my eye!!

So glad you are “rolling with it”…to me you are Rolling With Life.

Just Living.

fitnessandsunshine August 4, 2010 at 1:47 pm

Hmm strawberry cheesecake sounds like a yummy flavor! :)

You’re so right about satisfying your body’s cravings. Better to do what your body asks for.

lindsay August 4, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Blueberry pancake, coffee cake or bananna bread… but i dont think you can go wrong with any of them! You are beautiful and glowing:)

Sarah R August 4, 2010 at 1:50 pm

No peanut butter flavored?? Darn it! I think I would go for the Hawaiian! I don’t know why you would be embarrassed of that picture of you in your suit. You look spectacular! Positively glowing :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 1:52 pm

Sarah, I know, what’s up with the no PB lovin?!? Thanks so much for your kind words. :)

Christina August 4, 2010 at 1:51 pm

You are absolutely adorable! I love baby bumps :)

I would go right for the caramel pecan cheesecake flavor. Caramel, pecans, and cheesecake flavors all together??? Heaven on earth.

I am working on listening to my body more. I’ve loosened up on eating the same amount every day. Now I just need to ‘learn’ how to not feel guilty after a higher calorie meal or day. I have a reflex habit of trying to restrict calories after a higher calorie meal, even if I’m really hungry. Awareness is the first step, right?

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 1:52 pm

Christina, Yes! :)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape August 4, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Your lunch looks amazing!! And yay for tackling the bathing suit!! Becoming a mother is a beautiful thing-show it off :-D

Justine August 4, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Banana bread! Ive been craving it lately :)
Yupie for a HEABlet photo! I’m glad you’re getting more comfortable with your belly. :)

Melanie August 4, 2010 at 2:06 pm

You should be exceedingly proud of the baby belly! Your pic is awesome and you should definitely feel comfortable in your skin now:).

The next flavor for me would be a toss-up between the Malted Chocolate or the Egg Nog. I’m a Nog girl, myself, but I know it’s not for everyone.

Glad you’re enjoying yourself!

Jennifer August 4, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Chocolate covered raspberry or amaretto cappuccino sounds delicous!

Rose August 4, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Ahhh! You are glowing and look lovely, Ms. Heather!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 2:18 pm

Thanks Rose. :)

idreamoftahini August 4, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Heather
You look so beautiful with your baby belly!! You look awesome, keep up the great work.

So glad the baby has taught you to listen……I think that is what life is all about in the end, listening to the cues your body gives you. It’s a learning experience and one I suspect never ends.

Meg August 4, 2010 at 2:17 pm

CARAMEL PECAN CHEESECAKE ALLLL THE WAY :D

Oh Heather you look beautiful in your bathingsuit, absolutely glowing! And AMEN to listening to your body, we all could learn from that. Seriously, it’s so sad how many people think basically “starving” themselves or just skimping on food is necessary to be healthy, heck no! Here’s to good nutrition, along with delicious soft serve :)

BroccoliHut August 4, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Way to feed your cravings! You’re totally rockin that pink bathing suit, by the way:)
Jealous that you found Joseph’s pitas–they don’t sell them down here in Bama either.

40apples August 4, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Your belly is beautiful, Heather! :) And I think you should try to knock off as many of those soft serve flavors as you can before you leave. Definitely. Coffee Cake is what I’d go for (cinnamon-sugary, I’m guessing?), but the Blue Cotton Candy is jumping out for its curiosity factor.

I really agree with you about listening to your body’s needs. I have for a long time been very much ingrained in my food routines – yet my hunger/satiety really does fluctuate day-to-day. Lately I’ve been trying to pay close attention to my body’s hunger signals – I’ll often get light-headed before I actually feel hungry, and I’ve learned to read that as a need for refueling – even if it’s just an hour after I last ate! And I feel stronger and more energized for it. Good lessons to learn :)

AllieNic (Frisky Lemon) August 4, 2010 at 2:25 pm

Ahhh, Burpees: the move we all love to hate. Not gonna lie, one-legged burpees sounds particularly brutal, yet fantastically satisfying.

You should proooooobably try the Banana Bread flavor…just saying….

kaztronomic August 4, 2010 at 2:25 pm

You’re beautiful!

I agree with listening to your body — I, too, used to try to eat a “set” amount of calories in a day, and it made me miserable. Now that I don’t count calories anymore, I find that my cravings rarely steer me wrong. =)

Oh, definitely the malted chocolate or the chocolate covered cherry. Yum! :D

purelicious August 4, 2010 at 2:34 pm

AHHH omg those flavors look so amazing!!! Hard to choose, I want them ALL, but I think my top 3 would be: Chocolate Covered Cherry, Caramel Pecan Cheesecake, and Pineapple Coconut!
Let us all know what else you try!
PS – Your belly is adorable! Rock that bathing suit girl! :)

Betherann August 4, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Do I seriously see a blueberry pancake flavor stuck on at the bottom? If so, that gets my vote! I will vicariously enjoy it through your blog. :D

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 2:40 pm

Betherann, Yes, yes you do! :)

hayleycepeda August 4, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Heather you look adorable!! I know what you mean about feeling more comfortable now that you’re pregnant – for the first time in my life I’m proud of my belly and happy to show it off! I feel like that’s one of the things I will really miss about being pregnant. The round ligament pains, however, I am happy to do without! :)

I can completely relate to the appetite changes, too…for the most part I haven’t felt too abnormally over-the-top hungry, but today I feel like NOTHING is satisfying me! I’ve made healthy choices, but 30 minutes later I feel like the food has already been used up. Baby C must be going through a growth spurt, which I guess makes sense since I only have about 6 weeks to go and babies usually gain 1/2lb a week at this point!

Enjoy the rest of your babymoon!

livingfreeforever August 4, 2010 at 2:37 pm

What a CUTE bathing suit and you look great in it!!

I am trying to listen to my body and stress less since being home from vacation. I am much more satisfied that way! I am learning that if I restrict too much it eventually just leads to a binge of ‘illegal’ foods such as gluten etc. So much better if I just eat what I’m craving as long as it’s not going to make me sick :)

As for ice cream flavors–I would definitely have to go for the chocolate covered cherry! You know my love of cherries and chocolate 8)

hayleycepeda August 4, 2010 at 2:38 pm

PS – Ever since I saw your post on roasted broccoli I have been eating it by the bag-loads…and I am not overestimating. I think I went through almost an entire family-sized bag of broccoli by myself in ONE DAY!! I stocked up on a bag of frozen stuff from Costco and within 2-3 days it was gone. I had a brief hormonal moment with the cat when I discovered she’d eaten half of what was on the baking sheet when it had been sitting out of the oven… I think I was more upset with the fact that she’d eaten MY broccoli than the fact that she’d been eating human food off the counter..he he he!! Seriously – I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Thank you for that… :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 2:43 pm

Hayley, You’re too funny. I caught my dog digging into a bowl of oatbran I’d left sitting out to cool on the counter, and I almost killed her…and yeah, not because she was on the counter, but b/c she’d eaten half of MY breakfast!

So happy to hear you’re loving the broccoli. I buy mine from Costco too – can’t beat their prices.

Hope you are feeling well Hayley. Can’t believe you only have 6 more weeks to go. So exciting! :)

Paula August 4, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Blueberry pancake!!! Drool…

Krystina August 4, 2010 at 2:41 pm

AMARETTO CAPPUCCINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Krystina August 4, 2010 at 2:43 pm

by the way, you look totally adorable in your pink suit. :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 2:45 pm

Thank you Krystina! :)

Nicole August 4, 2010 at 2:43 pm

You are so beautiful Heather! I love that you posted that pic of your belly. It’s perfect :)
Blueberry pancake ice cream?? Ummm, yeah, I think that should be your next choice….unless you want to save that for Pancake Sunday?

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 2:45 pm

Nicole, Yes, I was thinking of having that one on Sunday for sure. :)

Shannon August 4, 2010 at 3:07 pm

you are so radiant!!

ps- don’t know if you caught it, but just like you said i fell in love with cinque terre!

enjoy the rest of your vaca :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Shannon, I thought you might. So glad you enjoyed your trip! :)

Mama Pea August 4, 2010 at 3:09 pm

I’m a fan of any ice cream that has “cake” in the title.

COFFEE CAKE!!!!

You are adorable in your pink tankini. I too sported mine with pride!

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat August 4, 2010 at 3:19 pm

I have gotten myself all out of whack here lately but I’m hoping to “start over” with listening to my body better soon. I always feel better when I do. You are so right!

Love the picture and also reading about everything you are learning from the HEABlet. She is so lucky that she is going to have such a healthy role model in her mama!

I would definitely try banana chocolate next! That sounds like a winner to me ;-)

plamarie August 4, 2010 at 3:24 pm

Glad you are listening to your body. Each day brings new challenges, events and even appetites. You look great! I would go with Hawiian; sounds exciting. There has to be some coconut in there, huh.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 3:49 pm

Plamarie, I sure hope so! :)

rebecca lustig August 4, 2010 at 3:24 pm

YES. i love the message you put out.. its so important to listen to our bodies and to nourish it the way it wants.

blueberry custard sounds good! i love blueberry yogurt.. and blueberry anything!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 4, 2010 at 3:32 pm

My appetite’s been out of control these past few days!! Hopefully it’s because of growing muscles since I’ve been weight training like crazy. Whatever’s causing it, I’m listening! And you definitely should..I learned on Everybody Loves Raymond that if you’re pregnant and ignore a craving, your baby will have a birthmark the shape of the food. ;)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 3:49 pm

Mary, Haha – good to know. Wouldn’t want the HEABlet popping out with an ice-cream cone shaped birthmark. ;)

Sylvia August 4, 2010 at 3:40 pm

That Hawaiian flavor sounds pretty good. I love tropical flavors, but I know you don’t from your blogs. Sorry if that sounds stalkerish as I’ve never commented before but I like your foods! They’re so imaginative and I just tried one of them this morning. LOVED IT. Can’t wait to keep on reading your blogs ;)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 3:48 pm

Sylvia, Thanks so much for stalking. :) So, which recipe did you try this morning?? Oh, and I don’t hate all thing tropical, love me some pineapple on occasion! :)

Samantha August 4, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Must check out one legged burpees, as you know I despise them and anything that might make them a little more bearable is worth looking at.

Love the pink suit…you look like a glowing and happy mom to be!

Oh the flavor choices, luckily you have some time there to test and try without going into dairy shock all at once. ;)

Erica @ ericaunmasked.blogspot.com August 4, 2010 at 3:44 pm

First – you look gorgeous…of course. I am so happy for you. I wish you could rub off on me a little – and I would ever really let go.
No – I don’t listen to my body. I am working on it – but really – I still have so far to go. I try and I try…and I don’t even know where to listen for my body to tell me things:) So sad – but true.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Erica, Always a work in progress – me too. We’ll both get there someday. I promise. :)

vanillasugar August 4, 2010 at 3:44 pm

wow that is a LOT of exercise in one day. make sure you up that protein momma.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 4, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Vanilla, Roger that. :)

Courtney August 4, 2010 at 4:04 pm

You AND your baby belly are so cute!!! I think you should try something pink next to match that little suit–perhaps Strawberry Cheesecake?

http://tanyasdaily.blogspot.com/ August 4, 2010 at 4:17 pm

anything with chocolate…red velvet too
being pregnant can be fun..embrace it!

Kendall August 4, 2010 at 4:20 pm

This is hands down the most IN DEPTH ice cream flavor list I’ve ever seen! I’m very curiuos about the differences between Hawaiian, Tropical, Aloha, Orange Pineapple and Pineapple Coconut. Hmmm. Some ice cream maker is missing their favorite vacation spot! I think I’d try Banana Bread, Blueberry Pancake, Lemon Lime, or Strawberry Banana but I’d steer clear of blue cotton candy. :) And your pic is super cute! Love the hot pink suit!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 5, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Kendall, I was wondering the same thing about the Hawaiian and tropical flavors, and yeah, not a fan of blue ice-cream either. Much more of a chocolate girl myself. :)

Stephanie August 4, 2010 at 4:58 pm

Ahh you have such a cute baby belly!

Jessica August 4, 2010 at 5:02 pm

Go for the coffee cake next!!! Mmmm, that would be divine :) Proud of you HEAB! You are taking good care of the little heablet :)

Gina August 4, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Coffee Cake, Chocolate covered strawberry & Kahlua would be my picks!

You look great in your suit – I loved wearing a bathing suit too when I was pregnant – no need to worry about sucking in the ole tummy :-)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 5, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Gina, I know it’s great – I love not sucking in anything! ;)

Maren @ Simply Maren August 4, 2010 at 5:07 pm

holy delish list of soft serve! And you look good in the bathing suit, rock it out!

Mandy A August 4, 2010 at 5:19 pm

Heather, you are just TOO cute in your picture!!!!

I agree… I gained wayyyyyy too much weight during my pregnancy… but I was still so proud and so much more confident in my pregnant body and I am now! Crazy, huh?

I think I have seen the Joseph’s pitas at our Walmart of all places!!! When you get back, let me know and you know I’d be glad to check for you!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 5, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Mandy, Thank you! :) Yes, some other Nashville readers told me that Joseph’s is available at Wal-Mart. I must stop at the one on Charlotte next time I go to Costco. Thanks for the tip, and I hope you are well. Can’t wait to hear more about Shakeology when I get home!

j August 4, 2010 at 5:33 pm

That photo is gorgeous!!! There is just something so beautiful about new life.

And as for the soft serve, I would be all over the kahlua (coffee addict)!

caronae August 4, 2010 at 5:44 pm

I’m voting for either the chocolate covered cherry or chocolate covered raspberry. :) And eat what you’re craving! So important!

Katie August 4, 2010 at 6:11 pm

U make such a beautiful mommy to be! U rocked that swimsuit girl! Go u! Woot Woot!

Oh icecream flavors galore!!!!!!!!!!!! I would want the peppermint patty kind!!!!!

Kudos to you for kicking butt on exercise! xoxo

Brynne August 4, 2010 at 6:51 pm

Love the baby bump!

Try coffee cake next!!

polly August 4, 2010 at 6:53 pm

Peachy!!

LOVE you! your belly is just plain stinkin CUTE. Yes, I am here in DC avoiding packing (D is behind me thinking I am checking our home email) and anyway, YEs love that you listen to your body, girl! I have been doing the same. Girl, I have not walked this much in ages and I have been eating snacks all day long, eating OUT every meal (you know how you and I are not a fan or eating out that much) and tonight had the biggest, yummiest, turkey club sandwich on this toasted ciabatta roll (huge bun) and it was heavenly. No belly ache either. :D I think whole wheat is harder than good’ sourdough type breads in my belly and YAHOO! Enjoy that cream cream, girl.

I better help D and take Ab down to Grandmas room for a bedtime snackie. The cousins live in my mom and dad’s room on vacation since my mom packs her entire tupperware collection of homemade goodies, cereal, etc… grandma and grandpa rock!! :D

Love you, XOXO

oh! try pineapple coconut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you bunches and I better get to helping D. Ab and I need to do our nightly run down to grandmas hotel room with the cousins to see what snackies she has. (it is a highlight of the day to make a run to grandmas for a bedtime snack on vacation ;

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 5, 2010 at 12:50 pm

Polly, Lurve you! Sounds like you and the fam. had a wonderful time in DC, and I’m glad you got in lots of walking. Such a great city for wandering around. You sound like you’re doing really well, and that makes me happy. :)

polly August 4, 2010 at 6:55 pm

woops sorry for the typos! :D

natalie August 4, 2010 at 7:10 pm

you are looking adorable :)

julie August 4, 2010 at 7:22 pm

awwwww you look GORGEOUS with your baby bumpin bathing suit!!!! SO exciting :) i bet you the baby loved that ice cream! i would be all about the pineapple coconut :)

Jill August 4, 2010 at 7:25 pm

Adorable baby bump!! And I’m so proud of you for swimming!!! How was the water?? Cold??

Ice cream..yes, see…when I retire one day, I want to buy an old house and turn it into a soft serve ice cream store! They are all over Michigan…yum!! Next flavors to try: Chocolate banana…and on Sunday…your tribute to pancakes – blue berry pancake. Yummy!! So glad you’re having fun…now you can come back to TN and tell everyone that Michigan is really not the pit of the world. (That is what Joe tells everyone!)

glutenfreemuse August 4, 2010 at 7:33 pm

I’m so glad you’re listening to your body! I’ve been trying to listen to mine as well :-) I’ve been SO hungry lately!! Lots of snacking for me :-) Listening as much as I can!

~Alyssa

ladybugbeauty August 4, 2010 at 7:57 pm

I’ve just enjoyed a pita filled with hummus, feta, sprouts, gherkins, and chicken. I was really craving some beetroot in there too so a visit to the supermarket is on the cards later on.
I have never seen such a fantastic list of options for soft serve! Interesting difference in what pregnant mummies are allowed to eat. In New Zealand soft serve ice cream is a big no no… Hummus is too but I am of the opinion that if I make it myself it should be safe enough, so I am still indulging in my hummus regularly :0) – like EVERY day!

twyla August 4, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Trey the cherry. Then tell me alllll about it so I can live vicariously through others.
what do you like, exactly, about the joseph pita’s. WHat makes them taster any different: texture, etc?

Mindfully Emily August 4, 2010 at 8:24 pm

You look fabulous!!! The baby belly is too cute and it’s wonderful to hear how good you’re feeling. I totally agree about listening to your body and hunger levels and I’m glad that I now know what they are :)

Pure2Raw Twins August 4, 2010 at 8:39 pm

Yay for baby belly – you are so beautiful! :)

I would go for the chocolate raspberry cappuccino or the malted chocolate!

yogiclarebear August 4, 2010 at 8:47 pm

yay! cutest suit for the cutest baby and mama! i love it heather.

gosh i miss josephs. was a josephs lover before i went gluten-free. they can be hard to find though. their tortilla wraps are great. stock up to freeze if you can!

Rachael August 4, 2010 at 8:51 pm

I love the bathing suit shot. Isn’t it interesting what live changes make us feel comfortable with our bodies at last? So many of my friends have gained confidence and self-acceptance through pregnancy – it’s almost as if it’s a real introduction into what our bodies can do!

acmcbride94@yahoo.com August 4, 2010 at 9:22 pm

Oh your swimsuit shot it adorable. You make a beautiful pregnant woman.
As far as ice cream flavors, I think chocolate covered cherry sounds great.

annecalista August 4, 2010 at 9:39 pm

Glad to hear you are feeling so good and balanced! I’m working on listening to my hunger… sometimes it’s hard to know if I’m really hungry, or HOW hungry I am. I actually told my husband today how I am struggling with this, just to get it out of my head :-)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 5, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Annecalista, Good – sometimes it just helps to get things out in the open. :)

Jessica August 4, 2010 at 9:41 pm

Congrats on your new tummy! And enjoy every wholesome, delicious thing you can get your hands on…the little one will thank you!

Jill August 4, 2010 at 10:16 pm

If I were you, I’d try Kahlua next :-) But what the heck, if I was really there, I’d find reasons to sample the whole list. Hope you’re enjoying the break from Nashville’s crazy heat-I think that with the heat index it was 110 today!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 5, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Jill, Yeah, stay cool – I hear the heat is oppressive in Nashville. I think you should beat the heat with some Sweet Cece’s! :)

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com August 4, 2010 at 10:26 pm

oh god, i wonder how fantastic banana soft serve would taste!! can u try one of each for us and review it haha.. wouldnt that be fun?

HIGH FIVE for the belly shot! its probably strange for you to look at your growing belly knowing theres a little life in there. maybe its just my hormones but it kind of gets me teary eyed :) its beautiful <3

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 5, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Aww, thanks Kelsey, and yes, I will be happy to sample each flavor of soft serve. :)

Ashley August 4, 2010 at 10:50 pm

I’m so happy for you!! You look radiant! Banana chocolate! :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) August 4, 2010 at 11:37 pm

Beautiful post Heather!! Love the belly! I posted a pic of my preggo belly in a Flashback Friday post eons ago. It was 3 days before I gave birth

Just delete this comment if the link drop isn’t cool :)

But yeah, it takes courage to take pics that you post for thousands of people to see! And 4.5 yrs ago, I wasnt a food blogger so my camera/photography skills sucked and I realize how bad all my old pics really are LOL

Enjoy this time!! Be active!!! Enjoy!! Soon enough you will have a baby nursing 12x/day and you wont be running around, your butt will be on the couch!

xox

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 5, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Averie, I remember that photo of your cute your little belly. Can’t believe that was Skylar in there. She’s such a grown little lady these days! :)

Megan @ Healthy Hoggin' August 4, 2010 at 11:38 pm

Ooh! I’d try the “coffee cake” flavor for sure! Of course, I love coffee-flavored anything!

I’ve been working on the whole “listening to my body” lately, too! Sometimes, I’m amazed by how hungry I am one day, and then the next I’m not at all! I’ve been trying to go with the flow, and not stress too much about it– I gave up calorie counting years ago, and I’m not turning back! Even now, while I’m currently trying to lose some weight, I’ve noticed just listening to my body usually leads me down the right path! (and who am I to disagree when my body says it needs banana soft-serve??) ;)

By the way, you look GREAT! I can’t wait to have a pregnant belly someday, too!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 5, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Thanks Megan, and kudos to you for listening! :)

Hangry Pants August 4, 2010 at 11:44 pm

1. You and your belly are adorable.

2. I love Joseph’s Pitas, but also cannot find them where I am. I must stock up at home.

3. The Dairy Bar sounds more or less like heaven.

Ozlem August 5, 2010 at 6:05 am

Hey Heather. You look AMAZING!! Is that a maternity suit? I love it!!! Looks great on you too. What brand is it? How come I never find cute suits like that when I am pregnant or not?

BTW yeay on Joseph brand. You may be able to buy them online. But they dont have that up here either. They sell all different products by that company at Super Walmart in Florida though. I love their pidas too.

Enjoy.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 5, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Hey Ozlen, No, it’s not a maternity suit. It’s a regular long tankini I ordered from Athleta.com about 3 years ago. I think I’ve worn it all of 3 times, but will be wearing it a lot more this month. I forgot how much I love swimming, and it’s so good to be back in the water. We grew up with a pool in our backyard, and I’ve missed it!

Thanks for the Joseph’s tip. I’ve had a few Nashville readers say they found them in town at Wal-Mart, and so I’m going to look there when I get home. Love that bread!

rachael August 5, 2010 at 6:18 am

You look amazing!!! It is so true how much we learn from our children. :)

I would totally go for the chocolate covered raspberry.

Sarah August 5, 2010 at 7:23 am

I’m thinking…try the banana bread flavor…and CONVENIENTLY…bring along a packet of almond butter to drizzle on top as a topping…I know you are like me when it comes to nut butters…I find excuses to eat them on ANYTHING! heheh :) Looking beautiful and happy as usual!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 5, 2010 at 12:41 pm

Sarah, Good thinking! :)

Amelia August 5, 2010 at 7:38 am

You look great! I would try the caramel pecan cheesecake or kahlua. MMMM!

Erika August 5, 2010 at 8:06 am

Wow – look at those flavors! I would order the banana bread! :-)

Alexx Black August 5, 2010 at 8:13 am

Lovely pic! I would try the strawberry cheesecake, I love that flavor. Have fun!

Josie August 5, 2010 at 8:24 am

Heather, i have found Joseph-brand pita bread and lavash at wal mart in TN. i hope you can find it in Nashville soon!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 5, 2010 at 12:40 pm

Josie, Yes, another Nashville reader told me they found the pita at Wal-Mart, but she didn’t mention the Lavash, and I’m dying to try it. Thanks for the info! :)

kelli August 5, 2010 at 8:41 am

I think it is so amazing how this pregnancy has changed your eating rules for the better, and you look better than ever, happy and healthy..eating what you crave! It goes to show you when you eat what you want nothing drastic will happen. Keep on shining!

Freckled Foodie August 5, 2010 at 9:05 am

holy moley. banana bread? coconut pineapple? blueberry pancake?? that dairy bar sounds like a dreammmmm :) and the bathing suit pic makes me smile! you look gorgeous!

Kimberly Lee August 5, 2010 at 9:08 am

Heather, pregnancy was what prompted me to really start listening to my body in terms of craving, hunger levels, etc. I spent 9 months eating what I craved, eating until I felt full — and in the end I gained the recommended amount of weight and developed a healthier relationship with food.

The baby bump is so adorable.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 5, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Thanks Kimberly – very comforting to hear! :)

kaitlinwithhoney August 5, 2010 at 1:51 pm

First of all, I love your belly! You look so happy and confident. Beautiful. As for the soft serve, I am really intrigued by the Banana Bread! You have to try that.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 5, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Kaitlin, I love all your savory sweet potato ideas, and I promise to try the banana bread while I’m here! :)

Amanda @ Bakingwithoutabox.com August 5, 2010 at 2:19 pm

You look gorgeous! Just rocking the baby belly and that suit!

charlotte August 5, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Ohmygoodness your little belly bump is so adorable! And you look so sweetly happy:) You are such a beautiful mama!

Shauna August 5, 2010 at 8:43 pm

Yea for you! You look so cute! We are vacationing in northern Minnesota and we’re just catching the tail end of the wild blueberry season here. We’ve been microwaving a few of them until they’re nice and juicy and saucy. Then put a little vanilla ice cream on, toss some crumbled graham cracker with a little melted butter and sprinkle that on top. SO YUMMY! Maybe it’s blueberry season in the UP, too?

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 6, 2010 at 8:16 am

Shauna, Haven’t heard much about blueberries. Everyone here seems to be obsessed with cherries….which is not a bad thing! Enjoy the rest of your vacation. :)

Alex August 6, 2010 at 6:48 am

I love your swim suit! You look WONDERFUL!
If I were you, I’d try the Banana Bread.
My mouth is watering at the thought of it…..and I just finished breakfast! :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 6, 2010 at 8:17 am

Thanks Alex, and just so you know, banana bread is high up on my list! :)

Sarah August 6, 2010 at 7:44 am

I am listening to my body today! I’m breaking all kinds of previously self-written rules, but I’m happy and I’m moving toward healthy. Love that!
Personally, I would go for the pineapple coconut or caramel pecan cheesecake soft serve:-).