Making Do, Italian Style

by HEAB on August 6, 2010

Yesterday, I wanted pizza for lunch. I had just gotten back from a walk on the trails with the dogs, and I could not get the idea of pizza out of my head. Hmm, what to do, what to do? No pizza crust or tomato sauce on hand and 25 miles from the nearest grocery store. Time to HEABify.

I checked out the contents of our fridge and found some cherry tomatoes. I then cut up half an onion and sauteed the 2 together over medium heat with some butter, salt, pepper, and garlic powder until the onions were cooked.

I then located a blender in a cabinet next to the snow cone machine??? (Yes, there is a snow cone machine in our house, but no cutting board. Weird, huh?). I pulsed the tomato/onion mix until well blended.

It’s no Vita-Mix, but it got the job done!

I then spread my sauce on a Joseph’s pita along with some spinach and goat cheese crumbles, and cooked the pizza in a 350° until it was nice and warm.

Pizza craving satisfied!

Then for dinner, I used the remainder of my pizza sauce to make some Chicken Parmesan….well sort of. ;)

While CD sauteed the veggies, I warmed up half a leftover chicken breast and topped it with the tomato sauce and some cheese. Mmmm.

A reader asked me yesterday if I CD and I always eat different meals and how I will handle meal preparation after the baby arrives. Well, Chris and I usually prepare our own breakfast and lunch. However, we often split the dinner duties, or we just eat the same meal. For instance, last night, Chris made the vegetables, and after dishing out my serving, he added beef to his. Boy loves his beef!

I haven’t really thought much about how we’ll handle meals after the HEABlet arrives. I know I won’t be cooking something different for every member of the family, and I just assumed when the time comes for solid foods, that our daughter will eat whatever we’re having for the most part. To the other mamas out there, what works best for you?

Yesterday’s Dairy Bar adventure…

Chris and I have been walking the pups every night after dinner and enjoying our ice-cream together. Last night, I got a malted chocolate soft serve cone, and CD got a cup of Moose Tracks. The pups were jealous.

This morning I woke up to temperatures in the 50′s, and it was a cool enough for a fleece! Loving Michigan. :)

Marilou August 6, 2010 at 9:11 am

You’ll never stop to amaze me :)

I bet that a little bit of fresh basil would have been awesome too!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 6, 2010 at 9:17 am

Marilou, I bet it would have…I was missing my beloved pesto!

Christina @ ilovefetacheese.com August 6, 2010 at 9:11 am

The pizza looks really great. Can you believe I’ve never tried brussel sprouts? Your posts make me want to try it…Gonna pick some up when i go to the grocery store. have fun, it looks beautiful where you are.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 6, 2010 at 9:18 am

Christina, Last night was the first time I’ve eaten Brussels since I got pregnant. I used to live on them, but they sounded awful to me those first few months of pregnancy. However, last night’s meal was delicious, and I’m so glad they’re back in my life! :)

livingfreeforever August 6, 2010 at 9:15 am

You are a genious! I would have never thought to do that with grape tomatoes and onion! Glad you got what you were craving :)

Jenn (GH) August 6, 2010 at 9:19 am

In regards to feeding my children. It was easy when they were babies. I made baby food by cooking and pureeing (that word looks weird) a variety of foods. As they got a bit older I did the same thing. My oldest used to eat pureed chicken curry. (Both of my kids like Indian food now.) Once they went to school that is when things got hard. They discovered all the junk in the world and I was suddenly the “mean mom” because I didn’t buy pop tarts or send Lunchables to school. Now that we are homeschooling it’s a bit better but I admit I often make something else for them. Or I modify theirs to be less spicy, chunky, or whatever. It’s kind of a pain but I also know kid’s senses can be more in intense. What doesn’t seem spicy to me…could seem like fire to them. The same with textures. I really want them to enjoy food but at the same time I want them to enjoy healthy food. It’s a challenge to say the least and for us it started with school.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 6, 2010 at 9:28 am

Jenn, Yeah, I know it must be tough when they go off to school. I don’t want to be the mom packing carrot sticks when the HEABlet goes to a friend’s party telling her no pizza or cake, etc., but there has to be a way to find a balance in there somewhere. I guess you just do the best you can with them at home, and hope they don’t eat too much junk when you’re not around.

By the way, you sounds like a wonderful mom. :) P.S. Lunchables scare me. :(

Anna August 6, 2010 at 9:25 am

Looks like a great solution to finding an answer for your craving! Yum!

Glad you’re enjoying Michigan…although the thought of wearing a fleece right now makes me want to cry! I’m trying to hold onto summer with everything I’ve got!

Kim August 6, 2010 at 9:29 am

Well you know ( I think) our crazy eating around here. I make 3 diff meals each night for all 3 of us. My husband jokes I should be on Food Network b/c I can pull all 3 healthy meals together in less than 20-30 mins. Me being vegan and high raw, Fred being non vegan/non raw ( he will eat anything), and Bella is no dairy/ gluten, but still eats high quality, organic meats. So I always have a fun adventure at dinnertime! Bella had so many allergies as a baby, it was a no brainer as it was given by her GI specialist.

Sounds like you are having fun! SO jealous of the cool weather. 113 here yesterday, and the poor kiddos are back in school! You look great!

Tia August 6, 2010 at 9:34 am

That’s awesome! Very creative!

Your dogs look adorable : )

Abby August 6, 2010 at 9:35 am

Definitely not a mom yet, but when I was little, my parents gave me two options – I could eat what they were having, or I could have two bites and then eat cheerios. I know that I ate a lot of cheerios, but I also grew up on lots of fresh veggies and interesting recipes. I think their system worked pretty well.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 6, 2010 at 9:40 am

Abby, You sound like my little brother. I think he ended every family dinner with cereal. :)

Marina August 6, 2010 at 9:36 am

Amazing idea for satisfying your pizza craving :)
Tonight I’m going to some great Italian restaurant, and I’ll be eating pizza, while thinking of you and little HEABlet :) ( I hope this really doesn’t sound creepy)

I’m having troubles with this weird weather in Switzerland, one minute it’s cold and raining, the next sun is shining and it’s crazy hot :/

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 6, 2010 at 9:41 am

Marina, Enjoy a big slice of pizza for me and HEABlet please. We like pesto. :)

Sarah August 6, 2010 at 9:42 am

You are certainly a very creative cook, Miss Heather!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 6, 2010 at 9:43 am

Sarah, Nah, just bored and hungry. ;)

gloriousgreens August 6, 2010 at 9:43 am

Does it feel amazing to say daughter?! You look wonderful and glowing.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 6, 2010 at 9:44 am

Glorious Greens, Yes, it is rather fun. ;)

couchpotatoathlete August 6, 2010 at 9:47 am

What a great looking pizza!

I wish I was wearing a fleece! Too bad it is 80 degrees here in MN :(

Enjoy that soft serve…yum

eatmovelove August 6, 2010 at 10:03 am

See? There WAS a reason you left your Vita-Mix behind…Dairy Bar and home-made sauce creations :)

LOVE IT! I eat pizza at least a couple of times a week – and although I love it all – I love home-made. Nothing beats adding as much sauce, cheese and veggies as I want to a whole-wheat crust :) – and do I!

I love Chicken Parmesan as well! Actually, anything topped with tomatoe sauce and cheese, I’ll eat! It’s so weird, when I was younger, it never phased me at all, but then a friend introduced me to nachos…and it was all downhill from there…;)

dorrybird August 6, 2010 at 10:09 am

Look how cute y’all are sitting on the bench in the sunshine! I love a good pita pizza. Mmmm. I absolutely loved (and got spoiled by) the cooler temps in Lake Tahoe last weekend – I’m afraid I’m living in the wrong part of the country!

rachael August 6, 2010 at 10:13 am

You and CD are so cute! B eats pretty much whatever we do, though I make “child” versions sometimes. If we eat salads put the parts he likes, separated, on his plate. If we want something spicy, I add the spice at the end and take his portion out before hand. His diet is by no means perfect but I am definitely proud when he tells me that he ate his vegetables at daycare but his friend didn’t. :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 6, 2010 at 10:22 am

Rachael, Too cute – I hope the HEABlet comes home from school and tells me the same thing. :)

Abbey August 6, 2010 at 10:21 am

I love how CD is looking at you in that pic. It’s amazing how a photograph
can convey strong feelings; it’s easy to see that he is smitten with you!

You look fabulous!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 6, 2010 at 10:22 am

Thanks Abbey. :)

LesleyG August 6, 2010 at 10:22 am

Glad you two are having such a good babymoon! It was 58 this morning when I woke up and I was so excited for just a little heat reprieve!

Mama Pea August 6, 2010 at 10:23 am

I love that picture of you and CD and the way he is looking at you. Seriously, it may be my favorite picture on your blog ever. Until the HEABlet comes…

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 6, 2010 at 10:32 am

Thanks Mama P! :)

Katheryn August 6, 2010 at 10:42 am

Regarding feeding our children, I definitely don’t make four different meals every night. No way! However, I do try to be sensitive to what everyone likes. With spicy meals I go easy on the spice, and then hubby and I can add more to ours. If we’re having meat with dinner I always make an extra side for those who don’t like meat. One child will eat any grain I put in front of her, but hates vegetables. The other child will eat any vegetable, but no grains.

My best advice is not to make food and eating a big deal. If you make it a big deal they’ll make it a big deal and will most likely push back. We talk about healthy food choices, about good snacks, and about occasional treats. This is how we’ve always eaten with the kids, so it’s the norm not to have treats in the house. We make our own instead!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 6, 2010 at 10:45 am

Katheryn, Thank you – great advice!

Heather August 6, 2010 at 10:48 am

That pizza sauce idea was brilliant! I have an onion and tomatoes that need using – I just might be trying my own version this weekend.

In answer to your question, my daughter eats what we’re eating and has been since we started her on solids. I feel it’s important to make sure she’s not an overly picky eater. She loves all sorts of foods – Chinese, Italian, Mexican (the girl can DOWN some guacamole), etc. Every once in a while I cook something she truly doesn’t like, and then I’ll quickly whip up something else for her. But I always make her at least try a bite before I’ll let her eat something different from the rest of the family.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 6, 2010 at 10:54 am

Heather – I hope the HEABlet eats like your daughter! Can’t wait to share my guac with her someday. :)

Nicole August 6, 2010 at 10:56 am

I love the pic of you and CD and the pups. You both look so happy (and you are glowing!)
50s eh…too early for it to be that cool, but I’m sure a nice break from the heat of the south.

Christina August 6, 2010 at 11:07 am

You are a genius in the kitchen! That pizza looks magnificent :)

homecookedem August 6, 2010 at 11:20 am

Way to improvise and get that yummy pizza in your belly!! So healthy too!! :)

When our baby starts eating solid foods at first, I will try making homemade baby food and then from there I’ll introduce him more and more to the foods we’re eating. I don’t want to have to cook alternative things for him once he’s able to eat our food b/c I think that creates picky eaters.

Justine August 6, 2010 at 11:24 am

You craftly little woman, you! :)

Have a fantastic weekend.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) August 6, 2010 at 11:30 am

I love to make red sauce of any kind at home…no salt, onions, garlic or anything that I am not fond of included!

What a great picture of you guys…and love cool summer night! Coastal San Diego is in the low 60s at night but with the breeze, I defi wear layers and fleece at night. Lightweight that I am after 10 yrs of not living in snowy climates!

Cooking separate meals…people make a big deal out of it but I always cook versions on a theme. I have food allergies and prefer raw vegan food. Why would I “subject” anyone to my path if that’s not what they want. Will they eat it? Yes. Will they maybe be happier with cooked veggies not raw ones? Yes. So do I do it? Yes. It’s what being a mom, homemaker, wife means to me…it means making your family happy and going that extra little step when possible..who cares, it’s what I “do”. I can hear the feminists screaming at me now, oh well, I like to make my family happy and if cooking sep meals works, then I do it!

pol August 6, 2010 at 11:30 am

That pic of you and CD and the pups is my fave of all time. :D

LURVE you!
XOXO

nikkionlunch August 6, 2010 at 11:33 am

Loving the tomato sauce creation! You’re awesome with using up leftovers and creative solutions in a pinch!

I don’t think there is a problem with people having different meals, as long as what everyone is requesting isn’t complex. Often Steve and I do like you and CD with versions of the same foods, just to our own liking. If you act like that’s how it always is with your children, I doubt they will think anything of just eating what is prepared, unless they just abhor what you’re trying to feed them. ;) You’ll figure it out!

Evan Thomas August 6, 2010 at 11:44 am

I think there will be plenty of pumpkin and squash puree to go around when the baby comes :-)

stacey August 6, 2010 at 11:46 am

I have to say that the UP in not necessarily a true picture of the weather in Michigan. It’s pretty steamy down in southeast Michigan today:) Glad that you are enjoying your time here, though. As much as I do not like the long winters, it truly is a beautiful state!

jenna August 6, 2010 at 11:54 am

i always fix one meal. if they are hungry they will eat it! :) my daughter is picky some times and if im making something spicy i always dish her serving out first and then add the spicy-ness.

kids are so simple they’ll mimick everything you do so, i’m sure your heablet will eat whatever she see’s you and cd eating! :) they are so much fun! you all will have a blast being new parents! ! it’s a wild ride.

Hayley August 6, 2010 at 11:55 am

Ahhhh I could use some Michigan temps right now. Sounds amazing! And I am in utter disbelief at how many flavors of soft serve Dairy Bar has. I am so, so glad you are taking advantage of it!

kaztronomic August 6, 2010 at 12:00 pm

You’d love it here, then. The summers always max out before it breaks the mid-60′s, and typically stays in the high 50s all summer long. It’s very mild and temperate here on the Pacific Northwest. =)

Love the pizza sauce! That’s so creative. :D I like making my own, too, mostly because I watch my sodium levels, but it also tastes fresher and just better when made by scratch. =)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 7, 2010 at 7:20 am

Kaz, Yes, I know I would. We were hoping to go to Oregon for our Babymoon, but it was going to be too far of a drive with the dogs. Hopefully, next year as I love your area of the country! :)

Megan @ Healthy Hoggin' August 6, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Love how you made the pizza sauce! I used to make pita-pizzas all the time, but I haven’t had one for years! Thanks for reminding me. ;)

So jealous of your ice cream! My husband is (literally) obsessed with Moosetracks, so I know we’d be making a visit to the Dairy Bar every night, too!

40apples August 6, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Hey all that garlic powder finally came in handy! :) Way to be resourceful with the sauce. That pizza looks great, actually!

Ah 50 degrees…. I dream of such things these days….

Racychel August 6, 2010 at 12:48 pm

That pizza looks like my favorite homemade pizza creation lately, except I use whole-grain naan bread and parmesan. But otherwise, the exact same! It’s soooo good :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 7, 2010 at 7:31 am

Raychel, I’ve never made naan bread pizza, but I bet it’s amazing. Must try that someday! :)

Laura August 6, 2010 at 1:07 pm

You are so inventive and creative..it amazes me! xx

Lindsay August 6, 2010 at 1:09 pm

I am not a mom and no where near being ready to be a mom, but I do remember how my mom raised me. First of all, she would only make one meal. She totally believed that kids needed to have a balanced meal. She would serve a protein, carb, veggie, fruit, and dairy at dinner EVERY night. If we didnt want our dinner, then we could go “hungry”, but most of the times my brother and I would eventually break down and eat our dinners because my mom was and still is a VERY good cook!! :)
Good Luck deciding how to feed your daughter!! :)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) August 6, 2010 at 1:16 pm

I want to be in Michigan about right now! I think I sweat out enough for me and Tony today at the water park! Joseph’s has a lavash that is incredible too that makes excellent pizzas! Hey and don’t knock the snow cone machine…ya never know when your gonna have a craving for one!

Enjoy your day in paradise!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 7, 2010 at 7:30 am

Sarena, I’ve heard about the Lavash, and I’m dying to try some. A Nashville reader told me Wal-Mart carries it in Nashville. Can’t wait to find some when I get home. Enjoy your weekend! :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 6, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Yummy looking pizza! Pizza’s probably one of my least favorite foods cause it’s so little for so many calories..but yours looks much healthier! And it;s safe to say I’m jealous of that weather you woke up to! Can’t wait ’til it’s no longer 100*!!

Erica @ ericaunmasked.blogspot.com August 6, 2010 at 1:33 pm

You look so wonderful. Seriously. And I am so glad you are enjoying every second. You will cherish this time. And then you will cherish the moment HEABlet arrives just as much. Good for you:)

Katie August 6, 2010 at 1:59 pm

I read “time to HEABify” in a Southern accent, and imagine you putting on your super-hero cape. It’s your superpower.

I’m making more pesto tonight…

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 7, 2010 at 7:29 am

Katie, MISSING your pesto, but I’ve been meaning to tell you and to blog about this: Make sure your pine nuts are NOT sourced in China. I bought mine from Trader Joe’s and they caused CD to have a metallic taste in his mouth for about a week. Apparently, it’s referred to as *Pine Mouth*, and I’ve read about tons of people having the same problem after eating pine nuts from Trader Joe’s. They didn’t seem to bother me though – weird, huh?

Claire August 6, 2010 at 2:39 pm

You guys are totally beaming!!I love it:-)cc

Melissa @ TryingToHeal August 6, 2010 at 3:11 pm

haha…i had to put fleece on the other morning too! gotta love the mountains!!!

Pure2raw twins August 6, 2010 at 4:28 pm

We had pizza the other day too!! Love your simple easy recipe!

hayleycepeda August 6, 2010 at 5:05 pm

What a way to make do! I have yet to find Joseph’s “stuff” here in NC either…although maybe I’m not looking hard enough? Do they taste a lot better than other whole wheat pitas/flatbreads? I love the fact that you were able to use the pizza sauce for 2 meals in one day, too.

I definitely have to agree that our little girl will be eating whatever we eat for dinner, too! None of this – “We’ll eat XYZ for dinner and she’ll have chicken nuggets/hot dogs/tater tots, etc.” NO Franken foods! :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 7, 2010 at 7:27 am

Hayley, I thought Joseph didn’t sell his products in Nashville either, but apparently Wal-Mart stocks them but no in the bread section. So, be on the lookout, and yes, NO Franken foods…guess that means I have to give up my sugar free syrups for good. ;)

BroccoliHut August 6, 2010 at 7:00 pm

Can’t decided which I’d rather have more, your pita pizza or temps in the 50s…I think I’ll go with the former:)

Jean August 6, 2010 at 7:09 pm

your creativity and ability to think outside the box amaze me. I wish I could be like you… Can you bring some of that cool weather w/you when you drive back through OH? Enjoy your vacation!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 7, 2010 at 7:25 am

Jean, Will do. :)

http://tanyasdaily.blogspot.com/ August 6, 2010 at 7:55 pm

cute pic of you two!

momsgottheruns August 6, 2010 at 8:02 pm

hi! just found your blog and love it!!! its blogs like your’s that have inspired me to start my own blog!!! congrats on the pregnancy! you look great! and way to go with the continued exercise!!!
I just had my baby 7 months ago and I exercised during my pregnancy. It definitely makes a difference afterwards!!! keep up the great blog!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 7, 2010 at 7:24 am

Momgottheruns, So glad you found me and thanks for reading. Also, congrats on the birth of your own little one. :)

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com August 6, 2010 at 9:24 pm

the sun was setting too, i love the fading bright light, so serene :)
pita pizza’s are where it’s at. i found a really yummy goat cheese that im should pick up soon. i still gotta find some dang english muffins in this city, since i saw urs i cant get it off my mind. gonna go out looking again this weekend, otherwise i’ll have to use some boring bread.

happy friday! xoxo

Kim August 7, 2010 at 3:34 am

You are so adorable!

Also, I loved your podcast on Fit Chicks the other day. It was great!

I’m in northern Indiana and I am LOOOOVING the cool temps this morning!!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 7, 2010 at 7:23 am

Thanks Kim. :)

Luna August 7, 2010 at 4:39 am

eheh this is almost the same way I satisfy my pizza cravings when I don’t have time to make my own pizza dough, a tortilla with tomato sauce and what I have on hands … pizza is my favorite meal ever, but oddly enough I am not really a fan of the “crust” part (when we eat out I embarrass myself – and my family! – by scraping and eating all the pizza toppings from the crust and leaving a very disgusting naked crust …) , so very often spinach, tomato sauce cheese and oregano – for me pizza IS oregano – is my “pizza in a bowl”!

By the way, you look so pretty in pink ;)
By the way nr.2, I’ll probably be in Michigan too in October, and I’m guessing it will be already cold, right?!?

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 7, 2010 at 7:23 am

Luna, I know…I was so missing some oregano yesterday, and yes, I think MI will be fairly chilly in October. It was in the 40′s this morning!

If we ever dine on pizza together, I’ll gladly take those crusts off her hands. :)

saltytooth August 7, 2010 at 6:06 am

Snow cone machine, but no cutting board…well, at least you have the important things in life! :)

eredblue August 7, 2010 at 6:09 am

well how it works for us is I usually try to give O (9 mos) some baby food–it works at breakfast and elevensies. I get him the gerber organics. I’ve made baby food but in the thick of the semester it’s easier to fall back on the store kind, plus I can use the plastic tubs to hold craft supplies. Also Earth’s Best makes a good clean puree for the bebes…anyway at dinner is when he just won’t tolerate any more mush so I just kind of squish up whatever we’re having (we don’t eat exactly the same meal but the main components are usually the same) and give him little bits. He eats this with gusto. it’s wonderful because you can tell he just wants to do what mama and dad (ama and dab dab, as he says) are doing, and I feel like it gets him into good foods straightaway. He is at the pincher finger stage which, although painful at times, is also great because he loves foods he can pinch and put in his mouth. Banana, avocado, toast pieces…besides that, I’m more of a snacker than a meal-eater so I give him some of whatever I’m having whenever he asks for it (basically he sees me eating, raises his eyebrows and grunts at me)–sometimes he just wants a taste and sometimes he wants more. I’m trying not to fiddle with that amazing mechanism…just feed him when he’s hungry let him stop when he’s full.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 7, 2010 at 7:21 am

Ered, Your way just makes so much sense! :)

Jennifer @ Frost Bites August 7, 2010 at 10:38 am

That’s funny…I have “same cravings for pizza” (not preggers, though). Will attempt to make my own dough and have veggies on top. I don’t have small kids, my daughter is almost 21 but I still tell her..”you eat what we eat”….always works ‘cuz she doesn’t like cooking for herself. 50′s in Michigan during the morning?? Wow…high in the 80′s today in Spokane.

nicole August 7, 2010 at 11:01 am

We just pureed whatever veggies we were having. Same for meats later on. Saves money on expensive baby food!!

Erika August 7, 2010 at 11:39 am

Your pizza looks good! I tried to improvise a pizza the other day because I was out of mozzarella cheese and somehow the pizza ended up sticking to the pan…haha!

ari August 7, 2010 at 6:18 pm

that picture of you and CD is so adorable! i love it!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 8, 2010 at 7:30 am

Thanks Ari, I like it too. :)

Niesa Nathurst Putigna August 9, 2010 at 10:24 am

Hey Heather,
I have really enjoyed reading about your life and the great things you are eating…so I went ahead and ordered chia seeds and they came in the mail today…I am excited to use them, now I will just follow your recipes. I have 5 kids now (a 2 week old included). I am not sure the best way to feed them…I know when they are babies (6 mo.) i always steam or boil all their fruits and veggies and then blend them separately and freeze them separately in ice cube trays. I then take the frozen cubes and ziplock them and store them in the freezer…it is so easy, cheap and healthy..as they get older I just try not to be too hard on them, but I make sure we are always eating fruits an veggies and lots of healthy fats..even if they don’t like something I put a small amount on their plates and they are great at eating it(as long as it is small). We also make a salad every night loaded with veggies and I always put olive oil, vinegar and salt an pepper on it..that way they get used to it and they already like it. You obviously have this food thing down, so I will be excited to see what you do with your little girl and copy it!!! I still remember so clearly going and swimming at your house..you were a blast to hang with..wish you lived closer to FLA! Have a great day, Niesa

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 9, 2010 at 6:08 pm

Niesa, So good to hear from you! I knew you’re were expecting your 5th, but I didn’t know you had already had the baby. Many many congrats! :)

I think the way you feed your kids is wonderful. Ha, I need to copy you! Thanks for all the advice, and yes, I wish we lived closer. Please contact me if you guys ever come to Nashville. I would love to meet your husband and all your little ones. Much Love, Heather

Ana August 10, 2010 at 6:08 am

I like the way you made your pizza sauce, looks pure and delicious, just the way I like tomato sauces to be!
Oh, and the malted chocolate flavor, was it good Heather? It was my flavor of choice of the list you showed us the other day!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 10, 2010 at 8:30 am

Ana, The malted chocolate has been my favorite by far! You have excellent taste. ;)

Amanda @ Bakingwithoutabox August 10, 2010 at 4:21 pm

What a great improv pizza! Love the pic of you, CD, and the pups.
Good luck with HEABlette feeding. Hey, she’ll get exposed to Mom’s healthy eats and junk food over life. The important thing is her choosing the healthy almond butter side for herself, and she will with such great food around as the pizza and wrap.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 11, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Thanks for the encouragement Amanda – I sure hope she picks the almond butter side of things! :)