Hiking In Sand Is Not Easy!

by HEAB on August 22, 2010

Yesterday, CD and I did more exploring.

After about an hour in the car, we arrived in Glen Arbor. Such a cute little town! Taking Sarah’s advice, we stopped at Thyme Out for a sandwich.

CD and I split the roast beef on olive focaccia bread.

The bread was smothered in some type of blue cheese mayo. Blue cheese + olive focaccia = amazing. However, this sandwich was huge, and I’m so glad CD was there to help!

Our next stop was Empire, MI, but on our way there we drove through Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore and decided to stop when we noticed people climbing a large sand dune. CD asked me if I was up for the climb, and I said sure, thinking we’d climb to the top of one dune for a beautiful view of lake Michigan. So, we paid the parking fee, threw our shoes in the grass, and started climbing.

Uh yeah, the climb didn’t end at the top of the first dune…

It just kept going and going and we ended up hiking up and down dunes for almost 2 miles until we finally saw Lake Michigan.

We made it!

After playing in the water for a few minutes, we headed back. Later, I looked at the map the park ranger had given us when we arrived. Hmm, turns out we did the Dunes Hiking Trail: Strenuous. Hilly, all sand, and little shade. Travels over nine hills through the high dunes plateau to Lake Michigan. It can be a hot, exhausting, three to four hour trip. We managed to complete the entire hike in a 2 and 1/2 hours…must have been all that focaccia. ;)

We then drove to Empire and stopped for some well deserved ice-cream at Tiffany’s (another great recommendation from Sarah!).

I ordered a small peanut butter brownie chunk swirl cone (yes, that’s a small!) and Chris got a small cup of cake batter ice-cream. Literally, this was some of the best ice-cream I’ve ever eaten. With ice-cream in hand, we then walked down to Empire Beach.

Honestly, I think everyone here is lying to us. This cannot possibly be a lake…it’s an ocean!

Upon leaving Empire, we then drove through a few other small towns, arriving back in Fife Lake just in time to feed the pups dinner and take them for an evening walk. All in all, it was another perfect day in Michigan. Thanks for joining us on our journey. :)

VeggieGirl August 22, 2010 at 6:43 am

BEAUTIFUL hiking scene and beach!

rebecca lustig August 22, 2010 at 6:44 am

looks like youre having such a pleasant time! enjoy it :)

hope you have a splendid sunday, dear
love, becca

Stefanie August 22, 2010 at 6:47 am

Looks like it was a great trip. :)

Jessica @ How Sweet August 22, 2010 at 6:49 am

I always swear it’s the ocean too. :)

thedelicateplace August 22, 2010 at 7:06 am

holy hills! i bet you were glad to see that water! you don’t even look pregnant in a couple of those pics! where are you hiding the HEABlet? ;p that is the largest “small” cone i’ve ever seen but i’m sure it was tasty!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 7:11 am

Thedeliciateplace, Trust me, the HEABlet is there. She’s been kicking like crazy…I think she really likes ice-cream. :)

homecookedem August 22, 2010 at 7:13 am

What a beautiful place!! Good for you doing such a hike! Glad you had some yummy fuel for it!! :)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) August 22, 2010 at 7:16 am

I am so ready to do some traveling again. Time, money, work…they all get in the way. I am so glad you guys decided to go there and share it with us…now I have another place on my “to do” list! Isn’t it funny how we spend more money at chain restaurants for less food when the smaller places give you so much and it tastes so much better? I hope you have a great day today and make sure you stretch some!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 7:20 am

Sarena, Believe it or not, I’m not sore at all today. I thought my calves would be in major pain today, but I guess all the dog walking on the sandy snowmobile trails around Fife Lake helped prepare me for the dunes!

And yes, why do we spend so much money at chain restaurants when little hole-in-the-wall places are so much tastier as well as cheaper!

Kristin Russell August 22, 2010 at 7:17 am

You guys look AMAZING! So glad you’re having a great time.

Kimberly August 22, 2010 at 7:28 am

That sounds like such a fun day!! I bet hiking in sand was hard!! I did some beach yoga while in Fl. and yoga in sand is not easy either-NO flat surface to balance on ;) I miss the beach SO bad! Loved seeing your pics from the day.

lindsay August 22, 2010 at 7:36 am

I know, I swear its an ocean too. Crazy, eh? Looks like sooo much fun and enjoyed with some yummy ice cream. Cheers!
LC

eatmovelove August 22, 2010 at 7:42 am

Oh my God HEAB – Hiking? In the sand? And uphill?! …And you ARE pregnant right? lol. I’m tired just thinking about it ;)

I’ve never tried bleu cheese before, what does it taste like?

LOVE the ice cream! Wish I could get cake batter here…I had Vanilla Chocolate Chip last night from all my all -time favorite brand. I could just sit with the 2L tub and eat out of it and forget all about the bowl…that’s not a good thing ;)

P.S Your hubby is in good shape there! :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 7:32 pm

Eatmovelove, Yep, still pregnant. :) I think all the dog walking on the snowmobile trails around here help prepare me for that hike.

Oh my gosh, you’ve never had blue cheese?!? It’s one of my favorites, but I grew up eating it. I love love LOVE blue cheese crumbles as well as blue cheese salad dressing. Not sure how to describe the taste…it’s definitely got a strong bite to it. Try it!

Laura August 22, 2010 at 7:50 am

I’m so glad you’re enjoying N. Michigan. I love it up here more and more every year!

I’ve never been to that ice cream place in Glenn Arbor. Consider it added to my summer ToDo list :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 7:51 pm

Laura, Yes, go to Tiffany’s, but it’s in Empire, not Glen Arbor. I want to go back, but saving up for Moomer’s next time I go to Traverse City as I hear it’s the best!

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) August 22, 2010 at 7:52 am

That sandwich looks to die for… yum!

Looks like a fun hike- and ice cream is definitely the best reward :D

Lake Ontario looks like an ocean too…. hard to believe it is only a lake!

xo
Kris

Meg August 22, 2010 at 7:53 am

All of your posts make me wanna vacation in Michigan! Hiking looks like it’d be hard, especially in sand! I can only imagine. I’d take a hike anyday for some of that ice cream, though ;)

annecalista August 22, 2010 at 7:57 am

Awesome spot- so happy you guys are loving your vacation!

Dorry August 22, 2010 at 8:15 am

What a beautiful place! And a beautiful couple. :)

couchpotatoathlete August 22, 2010 at 8:15 am

Looks like you are having a great time HEAB- I live in MN and whenever we go up to Lake Superior I think the same thing: “THIS is a lake?!?!?!” It can’t be!

Shelly August 22, 2010 at 8:36 am

Hiking has a way of doing that, doesn’t it? My very first hike ever, in Acadia National Park (in Maine) last year, we followed a trail that we were told would be “moderate” to the top of this big hill called the South Bubble.
Yeah, I guess we went the wrong way, because following trail markers the entire time, we boulder scrambled all the way up. And then, when we got to the top, we saw people up there with a baby carriage, so we knew there must be an easier trail. We tried to find it on the way down, but ended up boulder scrambling, yet again.
It was quite the first hike. :)
I guess the element of the unknown is part of the fun though. And after that, I felt like I could do anything!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 7:53 pm

Shelly, Yes, I love feeling that sense of accomplishment after a difficult hike – always makes it so worth it! Hehe – the baby stroller carriage image made me laugh out loud. :)

Michelle August 22, 2010 at 8:53 am

What a crazy hike! And you’re pregnant. Wow!!! That is very impressive, I’m not sure if I would even make it. haha.

Sarah R August 22, 2010 at 8:56 am

Holy hike! That would be strenuous even without being pregnant. I’m not sure how you did it. And peanut butter brownie chunk swirl? Must have been heaven on earth ;)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 7:54 pm

Sarah R, Yep, that about describes it…heaven on earth. :)

S August 22, 2010 at 9:01 am

I laughed at “after playing in the water for a few minutes”… 2.5 hours of hiking for a few minutes? Awesome. :) I didn’t think lakes had dunes, either…

Nicole August 22, 2010 at 9:09 am

Nothing like a 2.5 hour hike up sand dunes! You two are bad ass!! I’m sure the HEABlet appreciates all of the activity and good eats you’ve been providing. My mom was an avid bowler and bowled through her pregnancy with me…and to this day I LOVE bowling!
Looking forward to seeing what you’ve got for us today!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 7:54 pm

Nicole, Good to know as I hope the HEABlet love hiking! :)

vanillasugar August 22, 2010 at 9:15 am

climbing in or even walking in sand is a killer workout. i would eat ice cream too. LOL! too cute. love this.

glutenfreemuse August 22, 2010 at 9:16 am

Just curious, are you going to end up staying in Michigan forever!?!? How much longer are you babymooning for? :-)

~Alyssa

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 7:56 pm

Glutenfreemuse, No, I don’t think I’d enjoy the winters here in Michigan very much. ;) We go back to Nashville on Labor Day weekend. Chris’s boss allows him to work from another location for 5 weeks every summer. So, he’s been working, and I’ve been doing most of the babymooning. ;)

Healthy Coconut August 22, 2010 at 9:18 am

I’ve never been to Michigan and haven’t really considered going their in the past….until I’ve read your posts recently. I haven’t been on vacation this year so maybe that why Michigan is so enticing and I want to travel so badly. I guess I’m sorta doing cyber vacation by reading your Michigan adventures, lol.

I like that you and CD stay active on your vacation. Me and my fiance do the same. I like to try different food and do activities on my vacation.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Healthy Coconut, Get yourself to Michigan. It really is an amazing place…and lots of activities to keep you outdoors! :)

Lindsey F. August 22, 2010 at 9:26 am

Hello, again!

What an awesome hike! The scenery is gorgeous. I’ve never even thought about a trip to Michigan, but this is making me reconsider!

So a question for you: what do you do when it’s too cold to walk your dogs, take long hikes, etc.?

My exercise routine used to be so much like yours used to be. I ran six miles a day, six days a week, and then if I did strength training, Pilates, or anything else, I would have to do it in addition to the run. Now it’s mainly Pilates for me, and I take a long walk a few times a week, and I feel so much better. I’m not sure what to do once the cold and the snow come.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 8:04 pm

Hey Lindsey, You should totally come to Michigan – it’s an amazing place with so much to offer.

Regarding walking/hiking in the cold, I’ll get out there if it’s 20 degrees or warmer. I just wear a lot of layers, but yoga is usually my activity of choice when we’re back home in Nashville. Thankfully, they keep the studio pretty warm. :)

Lindsay August 22, 2010 at 9:34 am

Wow. That hike looks so beautiful! Hiking up sand is always rough. It’s like a “One Step up, two steps down” sort of a thing. Lol…There’s a national park down here in Colorado called Great Sand Dunes National Park, and it features some killer dune hikes. My favorite part of getting to the top of the highest dune is the romp back down through the sand. So much fun! I always end up with sand all over myself by the end though. :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 8:05 pm

Lindsay, Yes, the best part of that dune hike was going down – so much more fun than walking up!

polly August 22, 2010 at 9:36 am

baby pumpkin muffin has the CUTEST parents, no? :) You and CD are yummy. Just saying. :D

So happy you are enjoying your stay. Why don’t you and the pups just MOVE to MI, Heather? Or better yet, just move to Fort Wayne, Indiana. Please. Thank you.

XOXO

p.s. That is the best looking small cone I’ve ever seen.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 7:49 pm

Polly, Love you! We’ll definitely be back here next summer. You guys should come up for a visit! Hope Abbi is enjoying 8th grade. I miss you!

Sylvia August 22, 2010 at 10:01 am

Oh wow, hiking?! When you’re preggie too? Amazing stuff… I couldn’t even get myself to exercise, LOL. But I’m glad that you had fun and that sandwich looked amazing, as well as the cone:)

Maggie August 22, 2010 at 10:05 am

That is beautiful. Makes me think that maybe I *don’t* always have to live near an ocean if I could find a place like that ;)

S August 22, 2010 at 10:10 am

All your recent posts are seriously making me want to go to Michigan!! Gorgeous hikes, world’s best ice cream…
I also cannot believe that that is a lake. I’ve always lived near the ocean and I could never imagine living anywhere that wasn’t on the coast of somewhere, but with lakes like that the midwest might not seem so claustrophobic after all. (I know it’s a silly way of thinking, but the ocean has always been a big part of my life.)
Walking in sand is hard enough, I can’t imagine hiking in it! No wonder you guys are in such great shape! :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 7:48 pm

S, Take a trip…I promise you won’t feel landlocked. There are so many beautiful lakes around here. WE love it!

LesleyG August 22, 2010 at 10:15 am

How beautiful! I agree, ocean all the way! :)

MarathonVal August 22, 2010 at 10:31 am

Mike and I live right by Lake Michigan – I’m looking at it right now! – and we call it “Our Ocean” all the time…. looks the same to me ;)

Stephanie August 22, 2010 at 10:49 am

I live in Grand Rapids MI, and its fun to see all of your adventures in “my backyard”. My husband and I take trips all around the Traverse area and its such a place of rest and paradise. Glad to see you are enjoying and it’s fun to read your stories…thanks.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 7:47 pm

Stephanie, LOVE Michigan. Thanks so much for reading about all our adventures. Beautiful state you have here. :)

A Teenage Gourmet August 22, 2010 at 10:55 am

:) Your vacation is everlasting!

Amanda @ BakingWithoutABox August 22, 2010 at 10:56 am

Wow, what a workout! All that hard work for a great view. Gorgeous photo of the two of you. I saw Justin’s nut butter on a grocery shelf and immediately told my husband, “OMG. HEAB talks about that!” Funny how you forget not everyone knows all the members of our blogger world.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Amanda, So happy I came up in a conversation relating to Justin’s nut butter…that just makes me smile. You bought some, right???? Hope it was chocolate! :)

Lola August 22, 2010 at 10:57 am

Woooow what a huge lake!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) August 22, 2010 at 11:32 am

Omg I have hiked sand dunes before and it’s NO JOKE!! I have done them in Virginia and in NC and yes, it’s such a workout! How are your calves and leg muscles feeling today? Sore much…hah! LOL

I am beyond impressed that with you carrying around a bowling ball and all, that you were STILL able to do the hike…not only b/c it’s really hard and strenuous but b/c of the uphill factor and the sand is not stable and I dunno about you but when I was pregnant I always felt like I was about to topple over..the center of gravity thing I think being displaced!

Anyway, you two look gorgeous. Pretty sure Heablet’s gonna be a knockout :)

Have a great Sunday!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 7:45 pm

Averie, Believe it or not, I’m not really sore today, although tomorrow I might not say the same. I think all the dog walking on the snowmobile trails around the house prepared me for those dunes!

Hope you, Scott, and Skylar had a good weekend. :)

dcwright02 August 22, 2010 at 12:08 pm

beautiful views, great hikes and delicious food? sign me up!

40apples August 22, 2010 at 12:12 pm

WOW that is quite a hike for a lady with child!! Good thing you had that sandwich beforehand – and ice cream to regain your strength ;)
The food and lake and everything are simply beautiful. Thanks for taking us along on your vaca! Vicarious living is never a bad thing :)

Tracey August 22, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Hi Heather, Hope you are compiling a list of all of your favorite places…. LOL! We are planning to head to MI next summer!!! Wishing you contniued fun on your babymoon!!! :) tracey

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 7:43 pm

Tracey, Have you been to MI before? If not, I think you’ll love it! I’m taking good notes for ya. :)

Brooke [onehealthycookie] August 22, 2010 at 12:20 pm

The lake is so beautiful! And blue cheese mayo sounds AMAZING.

Ana August 22, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Nice hike you guys did! Love the pics, you and CD look super happy!
That is a huge small cone, yum!!

Emily August 22, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Glad you are having such a great time! I love Glen Arbor and Traverse City…the Cherry Republic is fantastic. I spent a whole summer in Interlochen, MI at Interlochen Center for the Arts..it was such a fabulous summer (one of my faves), and we’d go to various beaches around Traverse City on our days off. :-)

Corey - The Runner's Cookie August 22, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Looks like lots of fun! I am always surprised how sore I am the day after doing a lot of walking or running on the beach :)

Carolyn August 22, 2010 at 1:48 pm

There’s a reason they call this area “The Third Coast” …i Love my Michigan… :-)

…Get to Mackinac Island Heabs….

…even if you have to stow the pups in doggie daycare to do it…

(nice cone by the way)

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday August 22, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Whoa, that’s cool! I’m going to have to go there sometime

katiivey August 22, 2010 at 2:04 pm

I’ve been reading your blog for several weeks now- and LOVE IT! That hike sounds so cool and your ice cream flavor has me now craving some vanilla in my freezer :> I’m a fellow preggo blogger too- 22 weeks and due Dec 26th!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Keaiivey, Ahh, so exciting, many congrats to you. Hope you’re feeling well…also hope you enjoyed some of that vanilla ice-cream. Thanks for reading HEAB. :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 7:42 pm

*Katiivey. Sorry! :)

Shanna, like Banana August 22, 2010 at 2:04 pm

That bread looks heavenly..it reminds me of the olive bread I got in Venice..yum yum!

And you surely burned it off hiking in the sand!

Laura August 22, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Looks really beautiful:) ..so does the sandwich xx

Shannon August 22, 2010 at 2:56 pm

wow, it looks amazing up there (as you three do, as well ;) ), definitely a place to add to the list!!

Eleanor August 22, 2010 at 3:12 pm

So you had not-quite-breakfast at Tiffany’s?? Genius!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 7:39 pm

Eleanor, Yes, something like that. :)

Rachael August 22, 2010 at 3:36 pm

Beautiful dunes – there’s something almost poetic about sloping dunes, lapping waves – a sense of wildness, maybe?
I’ve been on many an accidentally extended hike in my day – glad you enjoyed yours!

Tina August 22, 2010 at 3:58 pm

Wow! Walking in sand feels tough…I couldn’t imagine hiking. I would have needed some ice cream fuel after that too. Although I have to say how wonderful it is that you can still do those things and enjoy it even 6.5 (right?) months pregnant. :D

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 7:38 pm

Tina, Yes, 28 weeks. Only 12 more to go. wild, huh?

Sarah Jayne August 22, 2010 at 4:29 pm

Awwww!! You had the perfect day!! I failed to warn you about different hiking trails and how much farther & steeper they are than they look, whoops. But hey, you made it and EARNED thy ice cream! Isn’t tiffanys the best?!! My mom always took my bro & I there on the last day of school :) and I’m glad you went with the choc-PB flava

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Sarah, I actually really enjoyed the hike – so worth it at the end! Lake Michigan is really beautiful, and I wasn’t lying when I said that was some of the best ice-cream ever! However, it wasn’t Moomers. They said that had gotten too expensive and they were now serving Sleeping Bear ice-cream. So good, but now I really have to get myself to Moomers in Traverse City! Hope you had a good weekend and that you’re enjoying some long bike rides. :)

Mindfully Emily August 22, 2010 at 4:50 pm

What a beautiful day!! Looks like you two are having an awesome babymoon:) And you are making pregnancy look glorious!!

Rosey Rebecca August 22, 2010 at 5:10 pm

That first pic of everyone climbing the dunes is a bit creepy. ha

I’m a bit behind on blog reading. You look beautiful in all of your pics, though. I hope you’ve had a fabulous couple of weeks!!

PS. You deserve that huge ice cream cone!!– even if it is just a small!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 7:35 pm

Thanks Rosey Rebecca. It was funny, all those people climbing that first dune quickly disappeared…I don’t think many of them make it much farther. ;)

kelli August 22, 2010 at 5:17 pm

aww you look more amazing than ever!!! Pregnancy has done fabulous things :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 7:33 pm

Thanks Kelli! :)

Katie August 22, 2010 at 5:26 pm

I read the first line and said “I know where this is going…” I’ve been there, and it is not an easy hike, but so worth it!

BroccoliHut August 22, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Ha! I think I would eat at Thyme Out for its great name alone–glad to know it has good food too:) I’m always glad to have Seth around to eat my leftovers; I’m pretty sure he ate about 3/4 of my pasta mountain last night at dinner.

Meghan August 22, 2010 at 6:25 pm

I think you might be able to get a job at the Michigan tourism board. You have definitely inspired me to visit there some day—it really does look like the ocean and I have no ideas lakes had sand dunes.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 7:33 pm

Meghan, I know – I was joking with Chris that the tourism board should give me kickbacks. Hehe. It really is a beautiful place!

Jennifer R. August 22, 2010 at 7:54 pm

Wow, I have really enjoyed seeing all those places you’ve visited in Michigan…. never thought I’d ever want to go there, but now would reconsider. How beautiful!! Perhaps some day my family of 5 can take a cross country trip — starting in Virginia. My littlest one is only 5 yo, so I think I may wait another couple years for that.

Hope your pregnancy is going well. The thing I miss most about being pregnant was feeling the baby kick. So, enjoy every moment of it :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 8:10 pm

Jennifer, Hope you and your family do make it to Michigan someday – it really is an amazing place. And yes, I love those little kicks. :)

Laurie August 22, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Thanks Heather for sharing some gorgeous photos!! You look terrific : )

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 22, 2010 at 8:10 pm

Thanks Laurie. :)

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com August 22, 2010 at 9:34 pm

its crazy to even see pictures of beautiful turquoise water like this! i havent been anywhere tropical, just plain boring old beaches and cold water!

YES more ice cream!! woot!! and thats a small!?! haha please say they serve a large.. although im sure u would need a bowl cuz it would definitely topple over lol.

xoxo

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 23, 2010 at 6:10 am

Kelsey, I was wondering how on earth they would ever pile a large onto a cone. I have yet to order one, but I’m really curious. Perhaps before I leave… :)

Sagan August 22, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Peanut butter brownie chunk? I’ve got to be honest, I’m not much of an ice cream person but that sounds tasty!

I love hiking. Hiking through sand would be tough but also glorious.

Maren @ Simply Maren August 22, 2010 at 10:31 pm

most ice cream shops have delusions on what sizes should be, the smalls are always HUGE! I want the kid size ;-)

Still Life in Southeast Asia August 22, 2010 at 10:34 pm

I can’t believe you did a strenuous hike, girl!

What a beautiful babymoon. I’ve enjoyed “accompanying” you both. So excited for all of the changes coming your way.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 23, 2010 at 6:11 am

Thanks Still LIfe. :)

edenseats August 22, 2010 at 11:10 pm

wow, I’m not even preggers and I would have collapsed! Sand is so much harder to hike on! Screw powder bars, I’m reaching for focaccia when I need to exercise for a while! I think its so cool heablet will be able to see all these pictures of your journey while she was growing inside you!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 23, 2010 at 6:10 am

Eden, I was thinking the same thing – she’ll have her own little gestation journal. :)

Scott in Ohio August 23, 2010 at 6:06 am

You and CD really hit the jackpot. Incredible photos.

Sounds like a perfect day, to me. :-)

nikkionlunch August 23, 2010 at 7:10 am

Props to you for doing that giant hike pregnant! :)

It’s beautiful up there, btw!

Lauren @ WWoB August 25, 2010 at 7:44 am

Gah, you and CD are so cute! He looks so amped on life; its awesome.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 7:46 am

Thanks Lauren…that boy is pretty amped up on life. :)

Holly August 26, 2010 at 2:21 pm

i meant to comment on this post when i read it like forever ago, but you are the cutest dang pregnant lady ever. seriously. i *LOVE* your style.