HEAB Quirks

by HEAB on August 25, 2010

Some of the weird things I did over the past 24 hours:

Ate chocolate potato pudding from the waning Naturally Nutty Chocolate Butter Toffee PB jar.

Potato pudding: 1 baked white potato blended with Jay Robb’s chocolate rice protein powder and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. It was…different. I didn’t hate it, although I have to admit the best part was the peanut butter at the bottom of the jar! I think I’ll stick to my favorite pureed squash recipe in the future or use a baked sweet potato instead.

Dinner was CD’s Almond Butter Chili (his best batch yet!). Again, all we have here are at the cottage are plastic bowls, and I do not like putting hot food in plastic. So, I ate my 2nd meal of the day from a nut butter jar. The Naturally Nutty 16 ounce jars make great bowls!

Post-chili, I was still hungry…totally playing the pregnancy card on this next one…definitely not a typical HEAB evening snack but quite delicious!

Popcorn drizzled with Coconut Vanilla Bliss and topped with Strawberry Whoppers, aka, Vajayjay candy.

I Puffins.

Speaking of weird, check out our neighbor’s mailbox…

Disturbing, no?

Fess up: Weirdest thing you did yesterday?

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) August 25, 2010 at 6:15 am

I love the jars though! I guess it is the country side of me that loves to eat and drink from a jar! I came up with a cauliflower chickpea salad that I ended up loving even though as I typed up the recipe, it still seemed weird. That mailbox is freaky!!! Ya gotta love the quirkiness of small towns! Have a great day Heather!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 6:17 am

Sarena, At home, I always drink from mason jars – I am Southern after all! :)

eatmovelove August 25, 2010 at 6:20 am

Oh man that mailbox is priceless.

Puffins ARE crack. I don’t care what anyone says. Crunchy pillows of heavenly crack. I really like just the plain ones too – and eating out of the box is troublesome…

I like your “bowls” :)

Weirdest thing I did yesterday? Can’t say…too weird ;)

Scott in Ohio August 25, 2010 at 6:21 am

That mailbox is out.standing. :-D

I’m going to have to try that sweet potato pudding. I’m thinking some honey, cinnamon, and coconut butter?

Weirdest thing I did yesterday was use avocado soup as a dressing for my Hugh Jass lunch salad.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 6:51 am

Scott, avocado soup as salad dressing is completely normal in my book, and your version of sweet potato pudding sounds divine!

Jessica @ How Sweet August 25, 2010 at 6:23 am

Ha! That mailbox is CRAZY. And I don’t think eating Puffins in the middle of the night is weird… does that make me weird? :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 6:40 am

Jessica, Nah, only if you eat them while sitting on the side of the tub and then manage to take a photo of yourself doing so. ;)

Danielle (Runs on Green) August 25, 2010 at 6:30 am

I don’t know how you came up with the idea for chocolate potato pudding but I love it :D *Almost* as much as I love the vajayjay popcorn….

The weirdest thing I did yesterday was probably when I was stretching on the floor (a.k.a rolling on the floor) which I don’t think is weird, but other people do haha

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 6:53 am

Danielle, Chocolate potato pudding was CD’s idea. Can’t take credit for that one, and personally, I love a good roll on the floor! :)

thedailyoatmeal August 25, 2010 at 6:38 am

I totally played the “single live alone” card and didn’t shower for about 2 hours after I came home from the gym! I was being lazy and just wanted to sit on the floor and listen to music (and oh yeah, eat!).

carrie @ gingerlemongirl.com August 25, 2010 at 6:41 am

Hmmm… Is it sad that I can’t think of anything?? Maybe I just can’t do wierd on the spot! lol…

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 6:43 am

Carrie, Think about it and get back to me. Surely you did something unusual. :)

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday August 25, 2010 at 6:44 am

Whoa, that mailbox is f***in’ creepy!

Also: eating the bathroom? very weird.

annecalista August 25, 2010 at 6:45 am

That mailbox is hilarious, and I love that you admit to eating cereal in the bathroom in the middle of the night!

livingfreeforever August 25, 2010 at 6:49 am

Hmm, I don’t think I did anything too weird yesterday, but I did have an awesome brunch involving a brown rice tortilla! I’ll try to email it to you–it was yummo!

I have been DYING for some chocolate pudding!! Not sure I could go for potato pudding though ;)

rebecca lustig August 25, 2010 at 6:51 am

hahah that mailbox totally cracked me up. ridiculous!

loveee the pb puffins. they rock

Liza August 25, 2010 at 6:52 am

<3 pb puffins thanks to bloggers like you :) mmmmm soooooo good. Love the meals in jar– miaj, yeah?! :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 6:55 am

Liza, Yes, MIAJ! :)

thedelicateplace August 25, 2010 at 6:53 am

omg super creepy mailbox. horrifying?! wtf haha. i love that you use the waning jars as bowls. i have a few ‘fave bowls’ of my own. ice cream tastes the best in a small bowl that i can pile it high and sprinkle with toppings, salads-i use a mixing bowl, oh i have plenty of food quirks :)

emily August 25, 2010 at 6:55 am

Heather, you are so cute. I have enjoyed following your adventures in Michigan. When I need a virtual vacation, I check HEAB.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 6:58 am

Thanks for joining me in MI Emily! :)

Sarah (See Sarah Eat/River City Fitness) August 25, 2010 at 6:57 am

That mailbox is really creepy! Haha. I love all the eating out of nut butter jars and late night snacking in the bathroom, you are hilarious ;-)

Nicole - yuppieyogini.com August 25, 2010 at 6:58 am

Hmmm…I eat like you but I’m not pregnant. That mailbox would freak me out at night…it’s bad enough in the day!

Rose August 25, 2010 at 7:01 am

Oh, don’t give up on the chocolate potato pudding idea — you just need to work in some coconut! Have you heard of Needhams? They’re a New England thing, I think: http://www.food.com/recipe/needham-bars-or-potato-candy-23197

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 7:10 am

Rose, Sorry, but I think I just sent you a blank email! No, I’ve never heard of Needhams, but I just checked out the link. I could totally HEABify those – they sound delicious! Thanks for the tip. :)

sweetersalt August 25, 2010 at 7:04 am

Love that you ate puffins in the bathroom :) And yes, that mail box may frighten small children.

The weirdest thing I did, hmm… well it wasn’t yesterday. It was a few days ago when I was together with my childhood friends trolling the mall where we grew up. There, we did a horrible, shameful thing. We ate burger king! Haven’t done that in many years. Can’t say I felt awesome as I went to bed that night!

laura

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 7:07 am

Laura, Yeah, fast food outings are pretty usual for me too these days…however, spending time with childhood friends and reminiscing is the best…fast food included! :)

kyla August 25, 2010 at 7:05 am

Ate shaved parmesan cheese right out of the box. It was fresh parm and all….

Tina August 25, 2010 at 7:20 am

I’m not sure I could do the potato pudding either. I think somehow the texture would be off and I’m such a big texture eater.

Is that REALLY your neighbor’s mailbox? That’s just creepy!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 7:25 am

Tina, Yes, totally creepy, huh!

As far at the potato pudding goes, it wasn’t so much the texture as it was the taste. The baked potato came through a bit stronger than expected. Definitely going to play around with it a bit.

Kathi August 25, 2010 at 7:21 am

Weird is thing I did…. I made a recipe using homemade seitan that I made. I have to admit I was terrified to try it. But it turned out wonderful and i loved it! I look forward to cooking with it again.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 7:26 am

Kathi, Sometimes, “weird” experiments turn out to be the best ones!

Valerie @ City|Life|Eats August 25, 2010 at 7:23 am

I never comment enough on your blog, but this post made me LOL first thing this morning so I had to stop by to say hello and thank you for such fun post :) And the mailbox is super creepy.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 7:26 am

Valerie, You’re welcome. Happy to hear I brought some laughter to your morning. :)

Nicole August 25, 2010 at 7:34 am

Ok first of all, Puffins rock. And I definitely ate my breakfast today (cooked Buckwheat, another HEAB reccomendation) in a waning PB jar. Got some weird looks at work but whatever. And yeah that mailbox is really creepy….
I actually made raw zucchini hummus yesterday for the first time, only bc we’re taking a trip home (leaving today) for a wedding and I didn’t want them to go to waste. Dennis thought it was pretty weird (well, I did too) I have no idea what to eat it with though. I figured it could make good travel fuel, but the only thing I can think to eat with it are mini carrots. (it’s a little runnier than I’d hoped so I can’t use it as a spread in a wrap or anything like that) Would it be weird to mix it with yogurt?
Have a great day!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 7:39 am

Nicole, Not in my opinion. Mix with yogurt and drizzle on steamed or roasted veggies or as a dip with corn tortillas or eat with scrambled eggs and cheese. Yum!

couchpotatoathlete August 25, 2010 at 7:35 am

That mailbox is awesome!!!

If I show my husband that pic he will totally want to make one!

Meg August 25, 2010 at 7:36 am

Nothing is too abnormal in the blogworld ;) So I wouldn’t feel TOO quirky, just unique :D Oh, and I can relate in a non-pregnant way to craving Puffins at 2am…Puffins ANYTIME are so, so good. Hope they hit the spot!

Enjoy your day, Heather!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 7:40 am

Meg, Puffins always hit the spot! :)

Katie August 25, 2010 at 7:37 am

Haha, that mailbox!! Weird, indeed.

I ate pickles standing at the open fridge at 5am yesterday. And I don’t even have a pregnancy card to pull…it just sounded good when I woke up! :-)

Marina August 25, 2010 at 7:38 am

Scary looking mailbox :) )
Mhm, I’ve been craving popcorn for so long, but I have no where to make it :/ I’ll just buy at the cinema, without watching a movie :) )

brianne August 25, 2010 at 7:42 am

hey heather! i’ve been making the vanilla bliss using some jay robb whey protein powder (vanilla) and coconut oil and love it…but question…is there a better way to make the protein powder not quite so gritty? am i making it wrong?

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 7:45 am

Brianne, Not sure. I used Jay’s rice and just stir it together with the melted coconut oil. Never noticed any grit…at all. Maybe it’s just the whey. Make sure your coconut oil isn’t too hot as whey tends to clump when heated.

Pearl Lee August 25, 2010 at 8:13 am

i had strawberry whoppers for the first time when i was at fro yo and topped off my green coconut fro yo with them! they’re good.

i love how you call them the vajayjay candy. now i won’t be able to look at them without thinking that either.

and that is a totally weird mailbox. i wonder where they got the idea for it!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 8:16 am

Pearl Lee, Strawberry Whopers on green coconut fro-yo…now you’re talking! :)

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com August 25, 2010 at 8:13 am

oh wow, yea theres something REALLY creepy about pants and a mailbox. i can see a scarecrow, but just the bottom half of a person ie. pants, just seems a bit odd. haha i love odd neighbors, they make for good laughs lol.

hmm chocolate potato pudding… im trying to think about how that would taste, not sure about it. i’ll trust u on this one tho because ur cominations in the past have tasted really yummy :P

weirdest thing i saw lately is the tourists in town! u can spot them with their horribly ugly long canvas/cargo shorts, golf tees, fanny packs, and the epic socks with sandles :)

xoxo <3

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 8:17 am

Kelsey, The potato pudding needs some work. I’m going to experiment more with it – I’ll keep ya posted!

lifeisgoodwithfood August 25, 2010 at 8:19 am

Omigod, that mailbox picture was just too awesome – wish I had one like that, scare our daily mailman hehe!;) I just tried your oats in a waning almond butter jar this morning… can I just say SCRUMPTIOUS? And the weirdest thing I did yesterday… Well, I wouldn’t classify it as weird, just totally nuts… I searched in my fridge high and low for my waning almond butter jar and then when I couldn’t find it, my dad suggested that I look in my brother’s room… Lo and behold, I found it in his room, all warm and that last scoop of butter gone, scraped out with a knife! I then stuck the jar back into the fridge behind a ton of veggies and text my brother, “Stay away from my almond butter!” Usually no one wants to eat my butter, but I guess this time it’s just not one of those “Sharing is caring” moments with my brother, lol* LOVE the fact that you hide in the bathroom eating Puffins so not to wake up your hubby! I do that too with my boyfriend… I hide in the bathroom snacking on ice cream while he wonders where that pint of ice cream he bought the day before disappeared off to, haha:)<3

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 8:27 am

Sylvia, Oh my gosh, I am totally cracking up at your comment as CD always eats straight from the nut butter jars with a knife! However, he has finally learned to save that last bite for my oats in a jar…only took about a year of training! ;)

lifeisgoodwithfood August 25, 2010 at 8:19 am

Oh sorry, I didn’t know wordpress had me automatically logged in. This is Sylvia, btw! =)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 8:33 am

Sylvia, I know. Did you start a blog?!?

Emily August 25, 2010 at 8:21 am

Ay, that really is a disturbing mailbox.

Christina August 25, 2010 at 8:22 am

Mix peanut butter puffins with chocolate hazelnut butter. Oh yeah. Now we’re talkin’ yummy.

I’d like to meet your neighbors!

Puppy Dog Tales August 25, 2010 at 8:23 am

OMG…I love you kissing the Puffin box. Too funny. How funny that you were eating them in the bathroom. May as well make those frequent nightly trips to the loo worth it! I wish I had thought of that when I was pregnant with my boys. Haha!

Freckled Foodie August 25, 2010 at 8:23 am

chocolate potato pudding?! interesting! i’m not opposed to trying ANYTHING after giving in to some of your concoctions :) creeper mailbox! where do you even BUY something like that? haha. i hope they didn’t actually pay for it…maybe it was FOUND somewhere? even creepier…haha.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 8:32 am

Freckled Foodie, Potato recipe needs work…don’t try it quite yet. :)

Mailbox – who knows? I’m thinking they made it themselves. Weird, huh?

amy long August 25, 2010 at 8:24 am

When I was preggo I ate in the bathroom regularly! Best place to kill 2 birds w/ one stone cause you always have to have those potty breaks! I actually used to keep a jar of peanuts on the counter. For me it wasn’t always about hunger – the middle of the night nights REALLY helped when heartburn struck!

Although – I do have to admit that I’ve never taken a picture of myself eating in the bathroom. You’ve totally got me there!

Weirdest thing I did yesterday…hmmm…well I’m alone in Puerto Rico, travelling for work. Veggies are almost non-existent here and I have yet to find a grocery store. It’s easier to find McDonalds or Burger King more than anything else here. 2 things, in desperation I ate part of a vegan pumkin spice cookie for breakfast (after having had pumpkin soup the night before for dinner) and then I went to a Borders store after work and thought the books would be in English. DUH! Spanish is the language mostly spoken here. I did manage to find some, but most of the nutrition books were in spanish.

Thanks again for sharing all your adventures!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 8:30 am

Amy, Haha – loved that you kept a jar of nuts in the bathroom. Hilarious! Enjoy your travels…hope you find some veggies soon!

Sarah Jayne August 25, 2010 at 8:24 am

Haha!! This is hands down the funniest post I have read this week from ANY blog. Between potato pudding & eating cereal in the bathroom & mailboxes on fake legs….!! Words cant describe :)

I will have to share some of the uber strange mailbox stands out in my neck of the woods. Must be a northern michigan thing?!?! I don’t get it…!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 8:28 am

Sarah, So happy to hear I brought some joy to your week, even if it took scarfing down 1/4 a box of Puffins in the bathroom, and yes, would love to see more local mailboxes! :)

amy long August 25, 2010 at 8:25 am

I meant ‘middle of the night nuts’! I’m useless without spell check!!

BBx2 - Mandy & jR August 25, 2010 at 8:25 am

uh…. not sure what to say about that mailbox? LOL

How cute are you at 2 am?

I think I now need to buy a new box of Puffins :)

nikkionlunch August 25, 2010 at 8:26 am

Haha! Fantastic snacking in the bathroom! That made me chuckle. That mailbox is definitely interesting. How are the neighbors that own it?

Hmm weirdest thing – that would probably be just sitting barefoot at my desk all the time at the office. Luckily my desk as a back, so no one walking past or into my office will no.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 8:42 am

Nikki, Shoes are overrated. Not sure. Haven’t ever met those neighbors…kind of scared to actually. ;)

Maggie August 25, 2010 at 8:33 am

Well, I don’t think I did anything notably weird yesterday (just normal weirdness)… but this morning for breakfast I had leftover cold Trader Joe’s chicken (one of the frozen ones with really yummy sauce) while standing up in the kitchen drinking delicious coconut coffee. That was kind of weird, even for me.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 8:43 am

Maggie, Really? Doesn’t sound too weird to me. ;)

christina @ ilovefetacheese.com August 25, 2010 at 8:34 am

Ok, that mailbox seriously disturbs me. like…seriously.

In other news, your hair looks luscious! want me some puffins… =)

Marisa @ Loser for Life August 25, 2010 at 8:44 am

LOL @ eating Puffins in the bathroom!! You are too funny.

Your neighbor, however, is not. Disturbing…very disturbing… ;)

Erika August 25, 2010 at 8:45 am

I need to find some Naturally Nutty – I may just have to order it online and I NEVER order anything online. Those flavors are just too tempting… :-)
About your neighbors mailbox: that’s really strange! (And I thought my neighbors are weird…?!)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 8:50 am

Erika, Order some…I don’t think you’ll have any regrets! :)

Dorry August 25, 2010 at 8:50 am

I LOVE PB PUFFINS! Sometimes Billy has to hide them from me. My way favorite way to eat them is crushed on top of banana soft-serve.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 8:50 am

Dorry, Ha, sometimes I have to hide them from CD! :)

Jenn (GH) August 25, 2010 at 9:18 am

MMMMM….Puffins!!!!!

I’m afraid the weirdest thing I did all day yesterday was sob because I can’t lift as heavy as I like. Weird for a girl…maybe? I dunno. I did eat lacto-fermented cucumbers with my lunch. That is a little different.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 10:33 am

Jenn, Nah, not too weird. You’ll get there, and as far as the cucumbers go, definitely NOT weird in my opinion! :)

Jamie August 25, 2010 at 9:21 am

Obviously I don’t have enough “weird” in my life… You’ve inspired me to do something weird everyday, this could get interesting.

That mailbox is just disturbing, makes me wonder what kind of weird resides at that house.

On another note, you ever try MaraNatha Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Spread??? Oh yum by the spoonful!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 10:36 am

Jamie, Believe it or not, I have NOT tried the Maranatha Dark Almond Spread although someone told me it tasted straight up like chocolate ganache. Will definitely be buying some someday soon. Have tried their dark chocolate peanut spread and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Amber at Berlin's Whimsy August 25, 2010 at 9:42 am

That mailbox makes me giggle! I hope that was the owner’s intent! I love the photo of you and the Puffins. :-)

Well, as far as my family is concerned, the weirdest thing I did yesterday was eat oatmeal with chia seeds (weird, according to them)!

PS. Heather, you might be interested in a dress giveaway I’m conducting on my site (for after pregnancy, though the sponsors also sell beautiful maternity clothes, too)! :-)

Amber@momsgottheruns August 25, 2010 at 9:46 am

hmmm…the weirdest thing I did yesterday…I peed behind a bush in the park right before my run and a bunch of boy scouts rode by on bikes, so I might have mooned about 10 little boys…full recap on my blog! : D lol

edenseats August 25, 2010 at 9:49 am

ok that mailbox…..WTF? thats more than disturbing! I feel bad for the mail man. You seriously gotta try potatoes in ice cream. It took me a few tried but I think I got a good combo down. I’ll post it tomorrow! I do weird things all the time, I sat in my parked car for 20 min cause I was listening to very interesting story on NPR. Thats like weird and dorky. And maybe this is gross, but I check out my pores when I’m bored.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 10:34 am

Eden, I’ve been known to sit out in my car plucking my eyebrows…best lighting out there! Potatoes in ice-cream, huh? I’d try it. :)

Katie August 25, 2010 at 9:52 am

I made chocolate mint sauce at 6:30 am. Not too weird for me, but for most, yes.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 10:33 am

Katie, Haha – I love it!

Michelle August 25, 2010 at 10:07 am

Weirdest thing I did yesterday? I made dessert, breakfast and lunch all in one swoop last night. It only took me about 20 minutes or so!

Erica August 25, 2010 at 10:34 am

hahahhahaha that mail box is FREAKY! Jars make great bowls and cups. Love them. The popcorn/whopper snack looks like a great treat. Weirdest thing I today- Nair-ed my arms…I hate arm hair haha

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 10:38 am

Erica, I hate my arm hair too…might have look into some Nair. It’s not too bad in the summer b/c the hair all gets light, but I hate winter dark arm hair!

Jenn (GH) August 25, 2010 at 10:35 am

I hope I get there by my test Friday!!!! :-D

Maren August 25, 2010 at 10:36 am

I can’t even handle that mailbox, so wrong!

hypki August 25, 2010 at 10:53 am

I love to snack on Puffins too! Yum!
Hey, I was wondering, where is the cabin you are staying at again? I’ve wanted to go to that area for some time with the huz, and where you are looks so beautiful, with some much fun stuff around it. :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Hypki, We’re staying in Fife Lake, but my favorite areas thus far have been Leland, Sutton’s Bay and Northport. Glen Arbor and Empire were really pretty as well. Empire is a tee-tiny town, but they have a great beach…as well as really good ice-cream. ;)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) August 25, 2010 at 10:56 am

“Woke up at 2 AM hungry again and proceeded to snack on Puffins in the bathroom so as not to wake Chris.”—Aren’t you sweet! Because in 12 weeks, neither one of you is going to be getting much sleep and honestly, you havent felt bone-deep hunger til you start nursing a baby. It’s hunger that is deep and vast. Not to get too graphic here but sometimes as Skylar would nurse, I could literally feel the nutrients in my own body get sucked out and into her. And the minute she was done and I could set her down for 5 minutes, I would RAID the kitchen. Anything I could find at 3:37am to quiet the hunger beast! Now maybe it’s b/c I didnt have much excess weight from pregnancy b/c I was so sick I never gained much and lost it all on the table, but I hear it from every woman. Nursing hunger is deep. You must honor the beast and you won’t give a damn if you wake your spouse up. Just not the sleeping baby! LOL

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 5:00 pm

Averie, Yes, I hear a nursing mother’s appetite is out of control…I’m kind of scared but excited about it at the same time. Hehe, I love raiding my kitchen at odd hours.

KeepItSweet August 25, 2010 at 10:57 am

I got so busy working from home that i didn’t shower/change til 5pm…

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 4:58 pm

KeepItSweet, Oh gosh…if that’s weird, then I am a total weirdo most days. ;)

glutenfreemuse August 25, 2010 at 11:09 am

Weirdest thing or grossest? How about both??

I made beets for dinner and then Hubby had to go to the restroom afterwards. He called me in to inspect his business…yup, we ate beets!

It was actually pretty funny :-)

~Alyssa

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 4:58 pm

Glutenfreemuse, Yep, beets will do that to you. ;)

janetha g. August 25, 2010 at 11:09 am

that mailbox is creepy. i wouldn’t want to see it daily! puffins in the bathroom, you are my kind of woman.

Ana August 25, 2010 at 11:26 am

Totally weird mailbox, it is horrible, ughh!
I never had puffins, is that weird? Everyone in the blogsphere seems to love it. Can’t think of something weird from yesterday…
I love to eat food from glass jars though!!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 4:57 pm

Ana, Yes, now that is weird! Hehe, you and Matheus must try some Puffins and very soon! I’ve only ever had cinnamon and PB. Love them both, but really want to try the original and rice flavors.

julie August 25, 2010 at 11:28 am

hahahahaha i LOVE your bathroom & puffin combo! the other day i woke up with a fruit leather wrapper next to my bed. i must have been starving in the middle of the night and not have realized i ate it! atleast you were conscious haha

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 4:47 pm

Julie, Thank goodness…the damage I could do to a box of Puffins if I were sleepwalking. I don’t even want to think about it!

Melissa @ TryingToHeal August 25, 2010 at 12:17 pm

hahahahahha…that is an awesome mailbox! disturbing yes but funny!

the weirdest thing i’ve seen lately…probably something similar. i live in the sticks so we have some “odd” people out here…

Justine August 25, 2010 at 12:36 pm

I love eating/drinking form jars! That being said, I don’t think that I would have been clever enough to use one when that was my only option. Is that weird? I am kind of a goober some times. :)

Be honest now, Heather. You only did want to wake CD with your Puffin eating so that you wouldn’t have to share them…… :)

Happy Thursday!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 4:46 pm

Justine, Ha – so true. He’d already eaten more than half the box, and I wanted the rest all to myself!

jodye @ 'scend food August 25, 2010 at 12:42 pm

Potato pudding does sound just a tad strange, I’d definitely go for a sweet potato on that one! The almond butter chili sounds absolutely wonderful, though! I’ll definitely have to give that recipe a try. Your neighbor’s mailbox is certainly the strangest I’ve ever seen!

Megan (Braise The Roof) August 25, 2010 at 1:30 pm

I did my roommate’s laundry. It had been sitting in the washing machine all day and it was bothering me (plus I needed to put my own in) so I just did it for her while she was at work. Weird, right?? A normal person would have just taken it out and put it back when they were done, huh?

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 4:45 pm

Megan, that’s not weird…just very considerate. Wish I’d had more roommates like you back in the day!

Rachael August 25, 2010 at 2:19 pm

That mailbox reminds me of a Halloween prop…
I don’t know if it qualifies as weird (at least not to me, anymore) but earlier this afternoon we visited a Trader Joe’s dumpster, and I scored a case of almond butter (one jar was broken, so all had to be thrown out) and three loaves of bread…TJ’s AB has been the holy grail of dumpstering for which I quest, so I’m pretty happy right now.
I don’t think I’ll ever look at strawberry whoppers the same way again :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 4:44 pm

Racheal, Yes, I think some people would find that weird…I’m kind of jealous myself. ;)

Megan @ Healthy Hoggin' August 25, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Ha ha! That mailbox just made me laugh out loud. (at work!) ;)

Weirdest thing I did today– brought my Vita-Mix to work, and made my co-workers green smoothies!! They think I’m crazy for drinking them every day, so I wanted to prove that they taste good! But I looked really ridiculous with my HUGE Trader Joe’s bag lugging that machine around…

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 4:43 pm

Megan, I lugged my Vita-Mix to work one day in a TJ’s bag as well. So funny! I made my coworkers coconut avocado ice-cream, and they loved it! Hope your coworkers enjoyed their green smoothies. :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 25, 2010 at 2:35 pm

hahahaha that mailbox makes me laugh. Except I don’t think I’d want to see it everyday. It’d be funny if they could change the pants or something. Like make them Santa pants in the winter.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Mary, Yes, Santa pants would be great…I wonder if they dress “him” up for Halloween as well?

Jennifer August 25, 2010 at 2:42 pm

HEAB,

That popcorn looks suspiciously yellow. My guess is microwave. Next time, try popping it on the stove…it’s soooo easy and takes no time at all. Put a little evoo (enough to evenly coat teh bottom) in a smallish nonstick pot. Evenly coat bottom with white corn kernels (which I recommend over yellow corn). Put the lid on tight, crank up the heat and listen to those babies jump! When the popping sound slows, take it off the heat and pour into a bowl. I top mine with salt, pepper and a sprinkle of grated parmesean cheese. You could also top with minced garlic, chilies, nutritional yeast, cinnamon/sugar, or whatever you like!
I promise you’ll never go back to the microwave stuff. xoxo

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Jennifer, You are correct – I nuked it. However, I promise to try popping my own when we get back home to Nashville. Thanks for the directions! :)

charlotte August 25, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Peanut butter puffins are THE BEST! And I love your va-jay-jay candy popcorn. (And… there’s a sentence I never thought I’d write. In fact, that might be the weirdest thing I’ve done today:))

Katie August 25, 2010 at 3:50 pm

LOVE that you snacked in the bathroom…haha that is hilarious!

Quix August 25, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Chocolate potato pudding? I was hoping it would be great cuz it sounded intriguing, but I think I’ll pass. Your snack looks great though… I love the sweet and salty.

Weirdest thing today: I got some awesome thigh high boots on sale this weekend and wore them today even though it’s freaking HOT. Seasons be darned! :)

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 5:02 pm

Quix, Loved that you wore the boots…fall is just around the corner anyway!

Yeah, the potato pudding recipe needs work. Hopefully, I’ll post a good recipe for it soon. :)

Jenika August 25, 2010 at 4:47 pm

LOL at Scott’s puntastic comment. Good one!

Alright, weirdest thing I did yesterday was drape my yoga pants around my neck like a scarf at work. It was freezing! I had nothing else and the pants, may I add, worked perfectly.

(For all your visual thinkers out there, the answer is yes I was wearing pants. The extras were from my gym bag, which I tote to work).

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 25, 2010 at 5:01 pm

Jenika, Very resourceful of you…I’m laughing just thinking about it. So something I would do as I hate being cold!

Samantha August 25, 2010 at 6:39 pm

The mailbox is a little odd!

I think we’re going to make CDs almond butter chili tonight for supper. I made up a batch of almond/pecan butter the other day and think it’d be great.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 26, 2010 at 6:33 am

Sam, Hope you enjoyed the chili. We are loving it lately!!

BroccoliHut August 25, 2010 at 7:34 pm

I’m a huge fan of popcorn with candy treats mixed in. My fave: hot popcorn with Raisinets.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 26, 2010 at 6:39 am

BroccoliHut, Yum, I know…popcorn + candy is the best sweet/savory combo ever, and I know I would love it with Raisinets. Never tried that combo…yet!

Rachel (tea and chocolate) August 25, 2010 at 7:45 pm

Yeah, those mailboxes with legs are pretty creepy. There’s one near my house with a skirt and high heels.

I’m all about trying the weird food combinations in the blogworld. I may have to make that pudding with a sweet potato.

PB Puffins are an anytime time food, for sure.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 26, 2010 at 6:38 am

Rachel, That combo is great with sweet potato…pumpkin or winter squash as well.

Leanne August 25, 2010 at 8:39 pm

Umm not a bad weird at al but before my 75 minute flow class I whispered to myself, “I love you, just do your best today.”

Weird, yes? But I think it helped me keep any negative thoughts away.

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 26, 2010 at 6:37 am

Leanne, Doesn’t sound weird to me…we could all use a little more self loving!

Michelle August 25, 2010 at 10:26 pm

My aunt has the same thing in her kitchen except he is wearing cowboy boots and the mailbox is a creeping ivy. Very cute

Cooking in the pocket August 25, 2010 at 10:37 pm

I hate that, too!! putting hot food in plastic. That’s why I sometimes don’t like take out food….. weird??? : /
I haven’t done weird things recently but today I baked pretzelish breadsh crackerish something. I don’t know what that was… : p
Are you gonna have another hungry night tonight??!! Hope not! Sleep goooooooood!!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 26, 2010 at 6:36 am

Cooking In The Pocket, I’m the same way about take-out and anything hot in plastic. So, we’re both weird, and no, no hunger pains last night. I went to bed full ‘o sweet potato. My belly was quite happy. :)

Ashley August 25, 2010 at 11:18 pm

HAhahaaa…I LOVE that you ate puffins in the bathroom…the crunch is definitely loud!

Paula @ rockngranola August 25, 2010 at 11:39 pm

Hi Heather! Love your blog :) .

Yesterday I wore one of those light sweaters that are open in the front and hang all the way down to the low quad/knee area. A couple times during the work day, I may or may not have started running around the office in zig zags while holding the sweater away from my body like a super hero cape. I couldn’t help myself (but it did make for some good daydream material).

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 26, 2010 at 6:35 am

Paula, Thanks so much for reading my blog, and I’m cracking up at your super hero adventures around the office. I used to own a sweater like that, and I remember every time I wore it to work, I would get it caught under the wheels of my desk chair…definitely did NOT make me feel like Superman. ;)

Laura August 26, 2010 at 1:09 pm

OMGosh!! That post box is actually amazing! I had to look at it for about 5 hours (slight exaggeration perhaps..) to figure out what it actually was and if it was REAL legs? I don’t know how it would be possible for it to actually BE real legs..but WOW! HAHA! I’m so amused!!! I want one now!!!!

The weirdest thing I did yesterday..hmmmm! I told my teacher I liked her top (and then went online to try and find it so I could buy it too! My teacher is 45ish. I am 17. Go figure) xx

Liz @ Blog is the New Black August 27, 2010 at 7:40 pm

I heart Puffins! In fact, I have an addiction as of late. I prepared dinner with no pants on- just a t-shirt and undies. No worries, company wasn’t home yet! ;)

Jennie in Alabama August 27, 2010 at 9:24 pm