My Month of Personal Training Comes To An End

by HEAB on August 30, 2010

Many thanks to Lindsey for all of her hard work this past month. She not only wrote up workouts for me, but she also gave 30 of my readers a month of online personal training as well. So, what did you all think? Personally, the workouts were great for me. You can read all about my first experience with Lindsey here. Since I really enjoyed working with her last January, I was excited about another month of Lean Bodies Health and Fitness workouts written specifically for me, especially since I would be an 11-hour drive from my favorite yoga studio!

Lindsey’s workouts were quick and efficient and usually only lasted about 25 minutes, including a short warm-up. Keep in mind I’m in my third trimester of pregnancy, and so I didn’t push myself too hard. I only did 3 sessions a week and alternated between cardio metabolic circuits (think burpees, mountain climbers, etc.) and strength training workouts with dumbbells. Also, between all the dog walking and trips to the beach (and Dairy Bar), I also walked anywhere from 3 to 6 miles everyday.

Working those biceps on my beloved big purple ball.

As far as results go, I have no numbers to share with you. I haven’t stepped on a scale or measured for any changes in muscle mass as this month was not about losing weight for me. My goal was to stay active and keep my preggo self strong for when the HEABlet decides to join us. However, I will say that my arms have started to tone up again, and I won’t lie…I like it. I would highly recommend Lindsey to anyone out there seeking a personal trainer. You can be anywhere in the world and work with her, she personalizes all of her workouts to each individual (no gym membership required), and again, I love that Lindsey’s workouts are quick and efficient as well as effective. Honestly, I’m not a huge fan of strength training, and the thought of spending an hour or more lifting weights has no appeal to me whatsoever. However, I never got bored with my workouts this month as there was plenty of variety. Thanks again Lindsey!

For my last week in Michigan, I plan to get out on the snowmobile trails as much as I can with the pups as I’m really going to miss walking on them when we go back home. I’m also hoping to get in some online yoga, but I’m taking a break from the burpees. :)

On the food front, I tried my new Puffins with fresh Michigan blueberries and unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

Screen shot 2010-08-30 at 7.52.41 AM.png

The verdict? Mmmmmm.

As you know, I’m trying to switch up the variety of grains in my life and eat less wheat. You can read all about my decision to do so here. Therefore, I was excited to see the gluten-free Honey Rice Puffins on sale at Oryana this past weekend. They are light and sweet and crunchy. The Peanut Butter Puffins will probably always be my favorite Puffin of choice, but I think the Honey Rice version will make a great middle-of-the-night bathroom snack!

Have you had any fresh blueberries yet this season? The ones we bought at the Farmer’s Market on Saturday are amazing…hey CD, do you think there’s room in the Jeep for a 15 lb flat of them for when we drive home? I’d be willing to sacrifice some clothing. ;)

In other good news, CD played the role of HEAB’s Computer Guy yesterday and figured out how to configure my blog so that I can now respond to comments both via the blog and email. So now when you leave a question in the comments section, you’ll once again receive my response in your inbox. Thanks CD!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday August 30, 2010 at 7:13 am

I love local blueberries, I get out blueberry picking every year and get about 5 pounds worth! Yum!

Marisa @ Loser for Life August 30, 2010 at 7:19 am

Burpees while you’re preggers??!!! Good lord, you are my hero. I can’t even do them not pregnant! LOL! Don’t blame you for taking a break on those now ;)

Enjoy your last days in Michigan!

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 8:53 am

Marisa,
I stuck to one-legged burpees this time around. Much easier than the standard ones! :)

Tyler August 30, 2010 at 7:20 am

My grandparents grow blueberries in their yard here in Georgia. They have a huge bush that makes thousands of sweet and juicy blueberries every year. They gave me my own gallon bag of them that I polished off in about a week :)

Inspired by your post yesterday, I put almond butter on my eggs this morning. It was a surprisingly delicious combo :)

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 8:54 am

Tyler,
I love eggs + nut butter, especially with a savory flavor like chipolte almond butter. So good, and I’m glad you enjoyed. Jealous of your blueberry stash! ;)

Leianna August 30, 2010 at 7:20 am

I think it’s great you’ve been doing the personal training, but not for number results, just happiness and support for the little one!
I ran up until 6 months and have been walking ever since then and now at almost 38 weeks I’m still walking and think that will help with labor and afterwards!

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 8:55 am

Leianna,
So encouraging to hear you’re still getting out there and walking. I hope to do the same throughout my pregnancy, and yes, I’m hoping that staying active will help with the delivery, and I know it will help me get back to my post-HEABlet body quicker. :)

Jessica @ How Sweet August 30, 2010 at 7:25 am

I love, love, love Puffins!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg August 30, 2010 at 7:29 am

Wild Michigan blueberries are the best!!! We used to get them when we lived in Indiana.

Glad you liked your training sessions! I need to do something like that…I don’t push myself enough, and having a trainer really gets me to try things that I wouldn’t otherwise.

Kristie August 30, 2010 at 6:31 pm

I agree about the blueberries! I grew up in southwest Michigan and every summer would go and pick blueberries (or raid the farmer’s market once I was in college) and have not found any that compare! :-D

Maggie @ Say Yes to Salad August 30, 2010 at 7:37 am

I just had a great conversation with a professional singer (I auditioned for a choir the other night) – he had a baby a week or 2 ago (well his wife did the actual birthing) and we were talking about what moms should eat during/after pregnancy to help the kid avoid having allergies or other health problems and we talked about wheat! He also said that his wife was a vegetarian for 10 years but when she was pregnant she just craved meat… so she ate it. I thought of you (even though you have eaten meat for a while). Anyway, it was nice to find someone in real life who “gets” my health stuff :) They even had a home birth which was crazy/cool! I don’t think I will be that daring.

Yay for comments!

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 9:00 am

Maggie,
I hear about so many vegetarians that crave meat while they’re pregnant – always makes me think of Phoebe from Friends. :) Did the couple you mentioned have a girl? Seems like everyone I know who craved meat while pregnant had a girl. Oh, and so cool you tried out for the choir – I don’t even think I knew you sang!

So, the Comment Reply Notification is working great, but I couldn’t get the Ozh Absolute Comments to work as the commenter only gets the email if I reply from my post and not the dashboard. :(

Maggie @ Say Yes to Salad August 30, 2010 at 9:13 am

Yes, it was a girl!

Hmm, weird about Ozh. I will have to double check mine!

eatmovelove August 30, 2010 at 5:32 pm

LOL – yes Phoebe from Friends! Love that episode – and that show :)

Emily August 31, 2010 at 6:25 am

Funny! I just had a girl in April and craved meat (grilled especially) the whole pregnancy. My dear husband was outside grilling for me even in the winter! I also kept up exercise the whole time (jogging & light weight lifting) and my delivery was very easy. I don’t think I broke a sweat and didn’t need any drugs. You’ll do great!

HEAB August 31, 2010 at 8:26 am

Thanks Emily,
This is very encouraging. :)

Heather (heather's dish) August 30, 2010 at 7:46 am

farm fresh blueberries sound amazing…i sadly haven’t had any yet!

i think it’s so awesome how you’ve worked out so well while being pregnant…it’s definitely going to help in the long run!

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 9:01 am

Heather,
What are you waiting for. Go get yourself some berries! :)

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete August 30, 2010 at 7:47 am

Hurray for CD the Computer Guy :)

Maybe you’ve mentioned it and I missed it, or maybe you didn’t share it and didn’t want to (which is totally ok) — but what does CD do for work? Just curious.

You’ll need your strong arms to carry around the HEABlet when she arrives!

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 9:02 am

Holly,
Yes, I’m looking forward to some nice arm muscles post-HEABlet. :)

Chris does financial analysis for a family in Nashville and helps them manage their funds.

Liza @ Health Nutting August 30, 2010 at 7:48 am

I’ve seen those honey rice puffins and wondered how they tasted– good to know somebody likes ‘em! :)
And I agree– blueberries this summer have INCREDIBLE here too!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) August 30, 2010 at 7:48 am

So glad you are feeling good and strong. Those are the most important things right now. We have never tried Puffins before. I started making cereal here, so I don’t buy it much anymore. I love fresh blueberries and I have definitely enjoyed some this season. Enjoy ever minute of your last week Heather!

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 9:04 am

Sarena,
How do you make your own cereal? I would really just love to come live with you and have you and the Illustrator cook and bake for me. You think your boys would mind? ;)

Ana August 30, 2010 at 12:05 pm

I would like to learn how you make your cereal too!

Sagan August 30, 2010 at 7:55 am

I’ve never tried Puffins but I’ve always wanted to… they look so cute and they sound so tasty. I don’t know if we’ve got them in Winnipeg… maybe I’ll search for them and splurge one day :)

I’ve been eating berries nearly every day. It’s glorious. This morning I’m eating them out of a margarita glass, just for kicks.

Hurray for personal training!

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 9:04 am

Sagan,
Yes, find some Puffins – totally worth the splurge! :)

Cor August 30, 2010 at 8:00 am

Not that I didn’t love your blog already, but your Stanford shirt just made me love you all the more.

Wishing you the best of luck with your training!

-A Stanford student-athlete!

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 9:05 am

Thanks Cor! I actually went to Auburn, but I’m a fan of Stanford’s running program. Thanks so much for loving HEAB. :)

Andrea (@ Puppy Dog Tales) August 30, 2010 at 8:07 am

I’m so excited to see a gluten free variety of Puffins….yay Barbara’s! I’m with you on getting back to yoga. I think I’m going to do the same. There’s something about the change of seasons (love these crisp mornings) that makes me want to do yoga.

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 9:06 am

Andrea,
Me too – yoga in the fall and winter is the best. I love walking into that warm cozy studio!

Mikaela August 30, 2010 at 8:09 am

I was lucky enough to win one month of personal training with Lindsey and I have to say, it was fantastic!!! It was challenging enough to keep me motivated without burning me out. Two interval workouts, two steady-state workouts and 3 strength training with dumbbells (alternating push muscles and pull muscles)…. Whew!! I did lose about two pounds but more importantly (and more exciting for me) is that I toned up- I can see some muscles!!!!!! Lindsey was super encouraging and very helpful. I would recommend her to anyone as well :)

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 9:07 am

Mikaela,
So happy to hear you enjoyed the workout, and yes, Lindsey is super encouraging and helpful. She always responded to all my emails immediately. Love that about her enjoy your new muscles! ;)

Lindsey August 30, 2010 at 3:59 pm

Thanks Mikaela! I appreciate the endorsement! You did great!

eatmovelove August 30, 2010 at 8:16 am

I have the regular Puffins here. I’ve never seen that flavor before? And they are CRACK. Period. Betcha’ can’t eat just a box.

My life is about Blueberries, seriously, I have to buy them by the double pints every week. Love them. The big ones especially, not the scawny shriveled ones ;)

Kristy August 30, 2010 at 8:22 am

I’m impressed that you can do burpees while pregnant! They’re my nemesis ;)

I didn’t win Lindsey’s training give-away, but I took advantage of the discount she offered to anyone that entered and didn’t win. I’m SO glad I did and would recommend her to anyone. I love that I don’t have to have a gym membership to get a good work out. I went in all the way with a 3-month plan and will definitely sign up again when that ends.

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 9:09 am

Kristy,
I stuck to one-legged burpees this time around, and they are soooo much easier than the standard version!

So happy to hear you’re enjoying the Lindsey workouts as well. She’s really great, and I would recommend her to anyone as well.

melissa @ the delicate place August 30, 2010 at 8:30 am

i love when i can “see” the results of my hard work! toned arms are always sexy! wow-you walked quite a bit! although, judging from the beautiful scenery in the pics, i’d imagine it wasn’t too difficult to motivate a nice walk. enjoy the rest of your time!

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 9:11 am

Melissa,
Well, most of the walks were encouraged by two very energetic dogs. At home, I get lazy and usually just walk them about 30 minutes a day as we have a fenced in backyard for playtime. However, here in Michigan, they just sit there staring at their leashes begging for walks. How can I resist? :)

Christina August 30, 2010 at 8:36 am

I loved the month of Lindsey’s work outs! I haven’t re-taken my measurements yet, but I am definitely more toned now. Those burpees hurt so good ;)

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 9:12 am

Christina,
That’s awesome. So glad you enjoyed your workouts, and re. the Burpees – I feel the same. :)

Nicole August 30, 2010 at 8:37 am

Yes I LOVE Puffins!! Love love love. And I also did get the chance to get some fresh blueberries this summer. I’d been wanting to walk through the You-pickem yourself farms but this summer has flown by me. I can’t believe tomorrow is the last day of August!

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 9:13 am

Nicole,
Oh my gosh, just realized that tomorrow is indeed the last day of August…where did this month go?!? Hope you get out to do some berry picking before the season ends!

sonia August 30, 2010 at 8:37 am

I was thinking that your arms were looking pretty ripped in that post with you and your nut butter jar <3 You look fantastic (always!) I am going to publix today and am going to be on the look out for peanut butter puffins…do they perhaps taste a bit like pb capitan crunch, without the skim on the roof of your mouth after you eat them I hope lol <3

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 9:15 am

Sonia,
Thanks for the arm compliment. Made me happy!

Oh gosh, honestly, it’s been so long since I’ve had PB Cap’n Crunch, although it used to be one of my favorites. Yes, I believe the Puffins are similar but less sweet. They are so big and crunchy and good! Also, I believe they leave your mouth skim free. ;)

Caitlin (EatFeats) August 30, 2010 at 8:47 am

You workout AND even coordinate your outfits.

I love the Honey Rice Puffins, though I was surprised that they had a different flavor and texture than Peanut Butter Puffins.

Three cheers for fresh blueberries and tech-savvy significant others–two of my favorite things!

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 9:17 am

Caitlin,
Yes, the honey rice Puffins are so different from both the PB and cinnamon ones. I was surprised by the color, or lack thereof I guess. I was so used to my big yellow pillows of peanut butter joy, that the white rice puffins caught me off guard. However, I really liked the taste.

Heather August 30, 2010 at 8:50 am

Test comment 1

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 8:52 am

Test reply

Dorry August 30, 2010 at 9:02 am

I’ve been wanting to try the honey rice Puffins! I always stick to the PB or Original and occasionally the cinnamon…but I like that the honey rice are gluten free. Like you said, it’s good to switch up the grains in our diet. :)

Nicole - yuppie yogini August 30, 2010 at 9:04 am

I will check Lindseys site out…thanks! I had some blueberries from my market this summer. I had to freeze them so I wouldn’t eat the whole pint in one sitting!

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 9:18 am

Nicole,
You’re welcome, and I really do wish I could take home a 15 lb flat of blueberries and freeze some for the winter.

Cherie August 30, 2010 at 9:06 am

Hmmm… I may look into this 30 day workout (nutrition and workout). $50 seems like a great deal! Can’t wait till you get home! Baby shower is just around the corner.

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 9:19 am

Cherry Pie,
I know – thanks so much again for throwing me a shower. I cannot wait, and I LOVE Lindsey. I think you would get a lot out of her workouts. See you soon my friend!!! :)

Emily August 30, 2010 at 9:32 am

Awesome job with the workouts!!! So great that your motivation is to be strong for your baby girl. Any reccomendations for arm exercises from your routine?

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 1:27 pm

Emily,
Honestly, nothing has done more for my arms than Chaturangas during a good vinyasa flow class…nothing! However, this month, I skipped out them for some basic arm exercises with 8 pound dumbbells. You can see demonstrations of them in Lindsey’s YouTube videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/leanbodieshf

Carbzilla August 30, 2010 at 9:36 am

After a BIG birthday binge, I just signed up for 30 days with Lindsey! I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and devote some of my unemployment money to ME (chiro, trainer, etc.) to make the most of this downtime. I can’t wait!

PS. Not a biggee but your comments don’t save my info like they used to. It’s three simple clicks for me so not a big deal, but I think it used to save my name, email & website before. Ya know, in case CD’s bored or anything he could work on that :)

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Carb,
Cool – thanks for letting me know as that’s kind of annoying. I’ll put my IT guys on it! :)

Sounds like you enjoyed your birthday, and I hope you enjoy some self love this month…in my opinion, you deserve it!

Sylvia August 30, 2010 at 9:37 am

Oh wow, exercising while you’re preggy… That’s what my aerobics teacher did. My friend and I took her Aerobics class for fitness (and because I needed a gym credit) and she was already pregnant. Towards the end of the semester, she was around 6 or so months pregnant and she was still jumping up and down and all around the gym. My friend and I were panting like crazy; we were wondering, “Won’t the baby fall out if she keeps on jumping like that?!” LOL, but she was such a sweet woman and so active, that I promised myself I’m going to be just as active when I get preggy. My other friend was preggy and she just sat and ate everyday until she went into labor, haha. Guess everyone is different:)

Amber at Berlinswhimsy August 30, 2010 at 9:49 am

Mmmm, that brand of Puffins looks yummy—and I’m going to Trader Joes today!

It’s nice to have a computer guy around—-I talk my guy into that role pretty often… :-)

Maren August 30, 2010 at 9:57 am

yay to boys fixing computer problems! I always turn to my long term boyfriend for any computer/cell phone/tv/electronic device problems.

Amber@momsgottheruns August 30, 2010 at 10:03 am

Heather. You are a labor and delivery nurses dream with all that physical activity! I’m so proud of you! : D

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 1:32 pm

Thanks Amber…I hope to keep it up until the very end. :)

Claire C August 30, 2010 at 10:06 am

Yum! I love Puffins.I’ve been wanting to try the Honey rice,but my love is so strong it’s more like a compulsion eating them.hehe…I just can’t control myself when they’re in the house and find myself eating half the box at one sitting.no bueno:-)cc

Annie@stronghealthyfit August 30, 2010 at 10:20 am

I think you approached exercise during pregnancy exactly the right way- good for you for not worrying about measurements or the scale. So awesome to see someone with such a balanced approach to health (esp. during pregnancy).
And I’ve had tons of fresh blueberries this season! I wish I could have ‘em year round :-)

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 1:33 pm

Me too Annie! I really do want to take home a big flat of blueberries and freeze them for the winter…but I don’t think that’s possible with 2 dogs in the car! ;)

Eden August 30, 2010 at 10:40 am

has CD considered doing a blog of his own? im curious what he’s all about (beside what I hear from you). Do download yoga podcasts? I always download a few when I travel, let me know if you need good recommendations.

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Eden,
Yes, I love downloading yoga podcasts, and I’m always up for any good recommendations. I think I have about every single class from YogaDownload on my computer now. Do you recommend any other sites?

CD and I always joke about him starting a blog, and we’ve even thought up a few names…one of my favorites was CD Eats Parm. That boy pours Parm on everything! However, he stays so busy with work and running that I don’t think he would ever have enough time to blog. He does enjoy the occasional guest post on HEAB, and so I’ll put in request for one soon. :)

Lauren at KeepItSweet August 30, 2010 at 11:51 am

i have been addicted to blueberries this summer… i am going to miss them when fall comes! if i had any freezer space i’d be freezing a ton!

Ana August 30, 2010 at 12:09 pm

I love fresh blueberries, eat tons of them during summertime and freeze as many as I can!
Last month I bought a box with 16 pints of fresh blueberries directly from the farm through my csa. I ate many of those and froze the rest. You should think that I have many, many blueberries still left on my freezer, but that won’t be true… frozen blueberries are awesome too, sweet and creamy when you bite them still slightly frozen, taste like ice cream! Plus I have been using them on my smoothies and even made some blueberry protein ice cream that turned out delish!
I can’t get enough blueberries, I truly love this fruit! I wish the season was longer though, there is no more local ones around here.
Yay for CD figuring out the comments thing!! Thanks CD!!!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) August 30, 2010 at 12:12 pm

congrats on getting your commenting issues the way you want them, blog AND email. Blogs, our “hobbies” can be so frustrating and time consuming, espi with any tech issues…those REALLY eat up our time. Good ole “hobbies”…LOL :)

I was supposed to do Lindsey’s program but due to life getting in the way of really undertaking a new workout endeavor, I wasnt able to follow through with it. That’s really unlike me, but hey, it’s actually progress for the Type A me to say, hey, this was not in the cards for me and I am ok with that and HAVE to be ok with that. I can’t always do everything. Or everything just exactly when I want. Life happens. But I am SO glad for you that you’ve had a great month and loved it..and that yoga is back in the picture :)

Oh and I have those purple weights. Mine are 12 lb’s. Love em! They are the only free weights I own b/c weights are sooo $$$!

Have a great week Heather!!

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 1:40 pm

Averie,
Good for you for saying “this is not going to happen”…I need to do more of that in my life! :)

Hope you have a great week as well!

Carolyn August 30, 2010 at 12:26 pm

i second what Carbzilla said on the saving name and email.. That is where my lost comment went to you the other day.. i had forgotten to fill in my name and email address again… No biggie…but the program totally deletes the comment if you hit submit and it’s not all there.. and you can’t go back and find it..

Got enough to do CD??? .. now whip up some PB chili ;-) xo

HBD Carbzilla!

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Carolyn,
My IT guys are on it!

tracey August 30, 2010 at 1:19 pm

hey Heather,
i’m glad to hear there someone else having “preggo” middle of the night post bathroom snacks. my husband always asks if there was a squirrel in the kitchen “last night”. congrats on your new job (stay at home mommy). i’m looking forward to the same in january :)

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Tracey,
Congrats to you as well, and yes, that squirrel seems to be rifling through our kitchen at night as well. Hehe. ;)

janetha g. August 30, 2010 at 1:34 pm

you’re a rock star for staying so active while pregnant! and that photo of you workin’ it on the ball is adorable. you are seriously glowing :)

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Thanks J. G. Bean! :)

monicanelsonfitness August 30, 2010 at 1:46 pm

I think you have done an amazing job so far with staying active so congrats on that! You will bounce right back and you are seriously ahead of most since you are already healthy and have a super diet. :) I think you are entitled to take a break from Burpees too! Have a good day! Glad your are making the progress with the Blog(commenting).
ps. Such a good pic of you and your dad from the other day:)

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Thanks Monica! :)

Katie August 30, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Weight lifting is SO important, and so many women neglect it. I think its great that you did it, even though it isn’t your favorite, and that you are seeing results! The number don’t matter, really when it comes to this stuff. The real benefits are in your bones. And all that gets transferred to the heablet.

By the way, I can’t believe you are already in your 3rd trimester?!!?

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Katie,
I know – I really can’t believe it myself!

Laura August 30, 2010 at 2:31 pm

I really won’t be surprised if HEABlet comes out with bigger muscles than you!! xx

Alyssa August 30, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Heather! I do love me some puffins :-) Glad you are enjoying them! I’ve found that by being GF, I feel best if I try to eat less substitutes and more naturally GF (i.e. brown rice, sweet potatoes, quinoa, etc.). The substitutes are great for when you need that fix though!

~Alyssa

Lindsey August 30, 2010 at 4:40 pm

I’m so happy to hear all of your positive reviews! It is YOUR hard work that brings you the results, though. So pat yourselves on the back!

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 8:25 pm

Thanks again Lindsey! You worked pretty hard too this month. :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 30, 2010 at 5:25 pm

It’s awesome you’ve stayed so active throughout your pregnancy :) I know a lot of women find it as an excuse to sit on their butts and stuff their faces all day :P

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 8:25 pm

Mary,
Trust me, I’ve had a few moments. ;)

Ana August 30, 2010 at 5:25 pm

Your talk about blueberries made me go out and buy some fresh blueberries this afternoon Heather! They were not local (unfortunatelly… but I knew they would not be as the season is over around here), but amazingly sweet and delicious, the perfect summer fruit!

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 8:27 pm

Ana,
So glad you bought some blueberries. I can’t decide which I like better in the summer: peaches or blueberries. Both are so good!

Pure2raw Twins August 30, 2010 at 7:23 pm

So glad you liked the cereal. That is one brand I buy for my BF I try to reduce his intake of wheat too ;) LOL

Is CD available for hiring??!?! HAHA

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 8:29 pm

Pure2Raw,
Haha – he might be. He want to learn all about the blog and be my full time IT guy, but I’d be willing to share with my 2 favorite twins. :)

Kaz August 30, 2010 at 7:24 pm

Omigosh, the blueberries were so sweet this year! I went though pounds and pounds of them on my own. So yum!

I think it’s wonderful that you worked out for health, fitness, and the lil’ one. There are so many good reasons to exercise, and yours definitely top the list! =)

Mary August 30, 2010 at 7:52 pm

Heather,

You are so lovely.

I LOVE reading your blog and find you to be such an inspiration. All of your enthusiasm and positive thinking will make you a wonderful mother.

Thanks for being so consistent with your writing (even on your Babymoon!). You continue to help so many people!

Mary

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Mary,
What an encouraging comment. Thanks so much – made my night! :)

Meghan August 30, 2010 at 8:02 pm

I just bought cinnamon puffins today. I love them as a snack without milk, but I will definitely have to try the honey rice variety. They look awesome with your blueberries. I have been having a hard time finding organic blueberries, but I am going to try to hunt this week so I can stock up my freezer for winter!

HEAB August 30, 2010 at 8:29 pm

Good luck Meghan. Hope you find some blueberries soon!

Gina August 30, 2010 at 8:31 pm

Somehow I missed your original post about the big purple ball – all I can say is that I LOVED the ball when I was in labor, I would have given birth on it if I could have! With the long, unmedicated labor I had, it was the only thing that got me through. You will love it too, I’m sure!

HEAB August 31, 2010 at 8:17 am

Gina,
Yes, so many other women have told me the same thing, and the ball is definitely going to the hospital with me!

Namaste Gurl August 30, 2010 at 9:56 pm

I love puffins, USVAM and blueberries– Definitely my fav combo :) !

You look great, by the way, and i’m sure little HEABlet will turn out WONDERFUL!

Thanks for setting the bar so high– your blog is amazing, too. Just loveeee it. I hope some day my blog with get more than one comment and get a bit more like yours.. which won’t happen ;)

HEAB August 31, 2010 at 8:16 am

Namaste Gurl,
The readers will come…just give it time. :)