Keeping It Simple

by HEAB on September 21, 2010

I needed a simple, yet filling breakfast this morning…

and thankfully, Nicole reminded me of custard oat bran (1/2 cup oat bran cooked with 1 1/2 cups water with an egg stirred in at the end) and topped with Artisana Cacao Bliss. Nicole – this was just what I needed! I love oat bran so much, and out of all the grains I’ve tried, it will always be my favorite. Sometimes I sweeten it, but most days, I prefer it plain. Besides, we all know it’s the toppings that make that make the bowl, no?

I’m a feeling a bit overwhelmed these days with everything going on in my life, and I just wanted all of you to know. Therefore, as honored as I am when I’m asked to do a guest post or blog interview, I’m going to have to start saying no. I’m so sorry, but I just can’t seem to keep up with everything right now. Thanks for understanding.

Kind of random, but I have something I’d like to share with you guys. For any Johnny Cash fans out there, my good friend Kristin recently spoke with with his daughter, Roseanne, and you can read Kristin’s beautifully written interview here. The Cash family will always hold a special place in my heart as I was good friends with Roseanne’s step-daughter growing up and spent tons of time at their house. Kristin, thanks for sharing a bit of the Cash family with us.

Me and Johnny Cash…try not to be jealous of my bangs. ;)

Eliza September 21, 2010 at 10:03 am

i must try Oat bran with an egg cooked in, sounds and looks delicious and like a healthy fulfilling breakfast and cocoa bliss ahh i am so eager to try that, thankfully artisana is sending me sample packets !! :D

xx
eliza

Jessica @ How Sweet September 21, 2010 at 10:04 am

My husband and I are huge Johnny Cash fans! Very cool!

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin September 21, 2010 at 10:05 am

WOAH That’s so cool that you have a picture with him!!!

Heather September 21, 2010 at 10:06 am

OH EM GEE!!! I LOVE Johnny Cash!! My grandpa was a musician and sounded very similar to Johnny.
My high school boyfriend was obsessed with him-kinda funny.
How very cool you knew him and the family :)
*jealous*

Kim September 21, 2010 at 10:06 am

Been thinking about you this week since I’m in TN visiting my parents (over in Bristol). I wish our trip would have swung us closer to your area so I could have met you!

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 10:34 am

Kim, Someday hopefully. :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) September 21, 2010 at 10:07 am

i’m super jealous of your bangs…mine never stayed flat like that :)

Talia @ Texas Gunslinger September 21, 2010 at 10:07 am

Wow! A pic with Johnny Cash! That’s so cool! I have “Ring of Fire” on my ipod when I lift weights. I think there is something quite funny about feeling the “burn” while lifting when I hear “…and it burns, burns, burns…that ring of fire” HAHA!

I think that it is great that you are able to say “no”. You have so many WONDERFUL and MAGNIFICENT things going on- expecting that sweet little HEABlet- and focusing on that is what matters most. Here’s to you and enjoying the remainder of your pregnancy with as little stress as possible:)

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 10:35 am

Talia,
Thanks so much. :) When is your competition? I hope your training is going well!

VeggieGirl September 21, 2010 at 10:08 am

YES!!! Johnny Cash. Represent.

kristy @ kristyruns.com September 21, 2010 at 10:09 am

Ok. That photo is so amazing. :)

Sometimes you just need to say no for your own sanity. Gotta look out for yourself and your family.

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg September 21, 2010 at 10:12 am

Wow– how cool!! My knowledge of Johnny Cash doesn’t really expand past Walk the Line…but I really like his music!

nicole September 21, 2010 at 10:18 am

Holy cow I can’t tell you how jealous I am. I love Johnny Cash. I gained a major appreication for him when I was in college dating a musician. Oh, those musicians and how they woo women…
Anyway, that’s really freaking cool. And I do love the bangs. ;)
So glad I was able to help bring joy to your day with the custard oats.
And you know what? You SHOULD be saying no. You have A LOT going on right now girl!! You need to rest and prepare yourself for mommyhood.

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 10:36 am

Nicole, thanks again. Love you. :)

Christin L. September 21, 2010 at 10:19 am

Excellent brush with fame! Love me some Johnny C! :)

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday September 21, 2010 at 10:19 am

You and Johnny Cash? Amazing

Christina September 21, 2010 at 10:21 am

It’s pretty cool you know the Cash family!

Oat bran is my favorite breakfast grain too! It’s just so creamy and delightful :)

Jess @ atasteofconfidence September 21, 2010 at 10:25 am

that picture is adorable!

Stacy September 21, 2010 at 10:26 am

Holy moly Johnny Cash!! I rocked out the bangs in HS. It was a very bad decision on my part, eek! I will not be listening to Johnny today on Grooveshark :)

Lauren at KeepItSweet September 21, 2010 at 10:26 am

that is so cool! oat bran is my favorite also. i feel like it is the creamiest and gets the most volume.

Stacy September 21, 2010 at 10:27 am

I will NOW be listening to Johnny. Oppsy, typed to quickly.

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 10:36 am

Stacy,
Hehe – I knew what you meant. :)

Brandy September 21, 2010 at 10:29 am

You know, I have never been a big oatmeal or oat bran for breakfast fan, because I need protein in the morning to keep me full, but stirring in an egg sounds great! I’ll have to give that a try!

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 10:37 am

Brandy,
Yes, you should. It adds so much to the oats. Makes them rich, creamy, and filling!

Carolyn September 21, 2010 at 10:32 am

I AM jealous of that picture.. But it’s the one of the oatbran!! Want it right now…

…Johnny Cash picture is pretty cool too…and i can totally see grown up Heab in that picture :-)

You must make an honorary JC recipe of some sort…

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 10:38 am

Carolyn,
Have you tried your cacao bliss yet? Gosh, that stuff is GOOD! I always forget. And yes, now that I’ve made an Elvis recipe, I will totally have to come up with a HEABified JC recipe. Wonder what he ate?

Nikki September 21, 2010 at 10:38 am

Oo that is a great idea to stir an egg in! How long do you leave it on the stove after adding the egg to make sure it cooks?

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 10:41 am

Nikki,
About two to three minutes over low heat stirring constantly. I then turn off heat, and allow oats to cool on stove-top.

Sylvia @ LifeIsGoodWithFood September 21, 2010 at 10:39 am

Custard oat bran… Jaw drops* Artisana… Drools*

Can I get some of that, love? ;)

And your bangs are so cute! Every girl has had a bang phase growing up! <3

melissa @ the delicate place September 21, 2010 at 10:46 am

lol! your bangs have nothing on my sequin/mesh headband phase where i refused to answer to anyone unless they called me whitney (houston) oh yeah. ;) hope you get your overwhelming feelings in check, you are gonna be a fabulous mother!

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Melissa,
You are cracking me up…oh sorry, I mean “Whitney”. ;)

Amanda September 21, 2010 at 11:01 am

I’m a huge fan of your blog, and of Mr. Cash. :)
I believe his favorite dessert was Jack Daniel’s laced pecan pie, and he also loved mac n cheese…(at least that’s what I’ve read). Perhaps you could HEABify those? If you do, please share!

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 2:03 pm

Amanda,
Wow, impressive knowledge of Mr. Cash. I’ve already HEABified mac n cheese: http://heathereatsalmondbutter.com/recipes/mac-cheese-with-peas-heab-style/, but Jack Daniel’s laced pecan pie might prove to be a bit more challenging. I’ll see what I can do. Thanks for reading HEAB. :)

Claire C September 21, 2010 at 11:04 am

No Way!! That’s soo cool.And, yes,I’m too jealous of your bangs(but more jealous of your breakfast,)hehe.:-)cc

eatmovelove September 21, 2010 at 11:08 am

Oat bran is good. I like it mixed in with oatmeal though (I like a “bigger” texture ;) ). But, yeah, who are we kidding? It IS the toppings :)

Johnny Cash reminds me of my father. Not in looks (or talent haha). I think it’s because of the “harder” life, etc. thing.

Mama Pea September 21, 2010 at 11:10 am

So you want to guest post for me?

Just kidding.

Pea Daddy loves Johnny Cash. And I love that your bangs were almost as awesome as mine. Two words, my friend: Aqua Net.

Love you!

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Mama Pea,
You know I’d make an exception for you. :)

Katie September 21, 2010 at 11:19 am

If there is one person, alive or dead, that I wish I could meet, it is Johnny Cash. I am now insanely jealous of you. And your bangs.

S @ extremebalance.net/blog September 21, 2010 at 11:19 am

If this post had been about how Johnny Cash was actually your grandfather, I wouldn’t have been surprised… there’s a whiff of the familiar to that pic of the two of you! ;)

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 2:06 pm

S, you think? I take that as a huge compliment. :)

S September 21, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Yep! Something around the eyes-nose-upper cheeks… Very cute!

Little Bookworm September 21, 2010 at 11:23 am

That oatbran looks amazing! I love putting cocoa powder in my porridge, never tried cacao bliss though. Hope you have a great day!

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Little Bookworm, you can easily make your own with coconut oil or coconut butter + cocoa + sweetener of choice…just don’t tell the Artisana folks I told you. ;)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) September 21, 2010 at 11:33 am

That last picture is priceless! I had those kicky bangs too. You wore them well! Your oatbran looks delicious!

Namaste Gurl September 21, 2010 at 11:36 am

Done the bacon and peanut butter creation…check :) Mmmm, I might just have to try an egg stirred in. Do you scramble the egg or anything or just throw it in when starting to cook the oats? I’d just be scared of the raw taste of eggs in the oats…. Maybe, just maybe :)

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Namaste,
So glad you tried the bacon + PB. Quite the combo, no? As far as the egg goes, I crack it into my cooking oat bran raw after most of the water has been absorbed. I then continue cooking the oats + egg while stirring constantly over low heat – maybe 2 to 3 minutes. You’ll start to see the white of the egg turn white. You can’t really taste the egg at all, but it really lends to thickening up the oats and making them more creamy and filling.

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat September 21, 2010 at 11:42 am

What an awesome picture! :)

Hope cutting back on some things help you feel more at ease with everything you have going on. Take care!

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Sarah,
I hope so too. :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) September 21, 2010 at 11:43 am

Omg such a lucky girl you were growing up with a Cash family member! And I’m not jealous of your bangs today but back in 7th grade I totally would have been jealz of that perfect little curl-under you’ve got going on :) I never was “good” at bangs. LOL

“Therefore, as honored as I am when I’m asked to do a guest post or blog interview, I’m going to have to start saying no.”–
Oh I am SO GLAD to hear you say that! Honestly, I have often wondered HOW you do it. Every little tom dick and harry who asks you for a guest post, you have always done them and it’s totally giving, wonderful and lovely, for them and their readers. And probably up to a point for you, but yes, with major life changes you are wise, smart and just plain practical to say, sorry, but no. Flattered, but life comes first. What you are to guest posts and doing them, I still struggle with commenting and time management. As we’ve discussed :) Nothing new, but I am better, but I still feel awful when I can’t. Like they will be mad at me that I can’t or don’t comment anymore. Ugh.

Ok not trying to ramble about my stuff….ha!

Let’s talk about that great hunk of chocolate bliss you ate…LOVELY!

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Averie,
You are so funny…and I promise never to be mad at you if you don’t comment. Cross my heart. :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 21, 2010 at 11:47 am

You actually met Johnny Cash!? That’s so awesome!

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Mary, I did. :)

Felicia September 21, 2010 at 11:51 am

Heather, you are such a generous and kind person. It is good to see you are making time for yourself and your family because you are going through so much right now with the baby on the way. Sometimes its okay to say no, and for some people it is really hard to do, but its really important at the same time. And that is such a random fact about Johnny Cash-who would have thought! Jealous!

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Felicia,
Thanks so much – your support means a lot. :)

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete September 21, 2010 at 11:54 am

Heather I appreciate all of the time and energy you put into your blog — and as much as I enjoy reading your guest posts elsewhere, I understand that you have a life and you can’t just work (blog) 24/7.

If you want to see a picture of a kid with bad bangs, check out my post today. You’ll see me with my first pair of pink glasses and bangs that I trimmed myself :)

polly September 21, 2010 at 12:07 pm

Bangs are cool! Or at least I thought so, too. :D

Love you peach, and I cannot believe that pic of and JOHNNY! I can’t wait to show D. He will flip! We loooove Johnny and June, baby. Walk the Line is one of my favorite movies of all time.

and YAY for saying NO. I need to get better at it muhself. XO

Sophia September 21, 2010 at 12:48 pm

I’m a huge Johnny Cash fan! That’s so awesome! By the way, the breakfast looks awesome too!

Stacie @ Imperfectly Healthy September 21, 2010 at 1:59 pm

I’m jealous that you got to hang out with the Cash family! :) I am a big fan. I won’t lie -the movie really changed it all for me. Such an interesting story and I really think he and June were “soul mates” so to speak.

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 2:18 pm

Stacie,
I agree – those two were definitely made for each other. :)

elise September 21, 2010 at 2:03 pm

wow. not sure about the bangs, but pretty cool about your cash connection.

Hands in Namaste September 21, 2010 at 2:12 pm

custard oat bran sounds AMAZING

ps…<3 the bangs!

Kelsey @ CleanTeenKelsey September 21, 2010 at 2:18 pm

I saw an 8oz jar of Cacao Bliss on sale today for $6.99!! Then, right beside it was a 16oz jar of coconut butter, also on sale for $6.99! I would’ve definitely bought it if I hadn’t already had half a jar of coconut butter at home. Hopefully the sale will still be there when I go back. :)

I’ve been meaning to ask: what brand of almond butter is in your HEAB header? It looks so amazingly delicious and I want to buy it!! haha. :)

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 2:25 pm

Kelsey,
Cacao Bliss for $6.99?!? Definitely a good deal. I can’t even find it here in Nashville, and so I’m hoarding every last bite of my current jar. The photo in the header is Trader Joe’s crunchy almond butter…raw I think, but it might be their roasted. I can’t remember.

FoodCents September 21, 2010 at 2:25 pm

It’s hard to learn to say “no” when given an opportunity, but it is a good life lesson to begin to practice. Your need to do so makes perfect sense, because that beautiful Heablet is just around the corner :)

LOVE this pic. I will never forget having the chance to see JC in one of the most beautiful settings, before his passing. Time to jump over to the interview. Thank you for sharing :)

Ana September 21, 2010 at 2:29 pm

I like oat bran too! Sometimes I like making my oats with 1/4 cup rolled oats and 1/4 cup oat bran, it is so good to mix the two, you get the best of both worlds in terms of oatmeal! Creaminess from the bran and texture from the rolled oats. I am craving oatmeal since yesterday, I don’t know why I didn’t make it this morning, but I need to fix that soon!
Heather, super normal to feel overwhelmed at this point, it is a lot going on and I am sure you are beyond anxious for the Heablet’s arrival. Just take a deep breath and keep doing your things one at a time, I am positive everything will get done, and in time!

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 2:30 pm

Thanks so much Ana. :)

Laura September 21, 2010 at 2:42 pm

I know this is MEN’S health, but I still found it extremely interesting (especially since a study that UConn did was included =P )

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Laura,
Thanks for the link…very interesting. I’ve read about half the article and I’m planning on finishing it later tonight. Good stuff!

Alyssa September 21, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Hey Heather, I can completely relate! I am so overwhelmed with life right now and I’m not sure why! I know I’m very busy, but I keep trying to make it all relative. I would say you should do the same :-) What matters?? Your baby and your husband, at this point in time, everything CAN fall to the wayside. I just need to figure out what matters in my life right now :-) Other than Hubby ;-)

I also was able to switch over to GF Muse dot com! Thanks for all your help :-)

~Alyssa

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 3:07 pm

Alyssa,
Good to know I’m not the only one. Life just gets so crazy sometimes, but you’re so right. I need to concentrate on CD and the HEABlet right now…pups too, and everything else can wait. So happy to hear you made the switch to GF Muse.com. Very exciting. :)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape September 21, 2010 at 3:25 pm

You and Johnny Cash?? How cool is that!!

Annie@stronghealthyfit September 21, 2010 at 3:50 pm

It’s so good to learn how to say no sometimes. Good for you!

Lea @ Healthy Coconut September 21, 2010 at 3:58 pm

ok, I’ll try not to be jealous of the bangs. You are banging with the bangs Heather! I have a love hate relationship with bangs. Growing up, I had a bowl haircut and half of my hair were bangs :( I like my bangs now but I still kinda scared from the bowl cut of the 80s

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 8:39 pm

Lea, Never had the bowl cut myself, but my best friend did…not her best look. ;)

Justine September 21, 2010 at 3:59 pm

It’s incredible how much you resemble yourself when you were younger! Unfortunately, I can’t really think of a way to say that with the proper meaning implied, but most people only kind of look like themselves when they were little. Hm….I think I am just digging myself a deeper hole here. Anyway, I hope you get where I am going with that.

Happy Tuesday :)

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 8:38 pm

Justine,
Hehe – I got you. :)

Lauren @ 40Apples September 21, 2010 at 4:10 pm

That is one delicious looking bowl of breakfast!! I tried oat bran for the first time about a month ago – inspired by you, of course! – and it is definitely one of my favorite grains now. If not a whole bran bowl, at least half bran, half oatmeal. I love the texture!

Your connection to the Cash family – so cool! And yes I’m super jealous of those hot bangs. They rival the bowl cut I rocked back in the day ;)

Abby September 21, 2010 at 4:44 pm

I’m so jealous that you have a picture with Johnny Cash!!!! That’s awesome. :)

carlee September 21, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Omy goodness! That’s awesome! I’m not a huge fan but still, that’s cool u have that connection.
and I’m totally diggin the bangs;)

BroccoliHut September 21, 2010 at 5:12 pm

Mmm that oat bran looks deliciously similar to pudding or custard–I want!

Laura September 21, 2010 at 5:32 pm

WOW!!! and that applies to both the picture AND the amazing looking breakfast! xx

Sarah B September 21, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Awesome picture! I think we all had the same bangs around that time period :D

Meghan September 21, 2010 at 6:50 pm

Ring of Fire is definitely going to be in my head now :) Good for you for saying “no”. It is something I struggle with as well, but when life gets crazy, you gotta stick with what’s important. People will respect you more if you say no than if you say yes and then can’t do it or do something half-assed (I used to be guilty of that).

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 8:37 pm

Meghan,
You’re right…but why is saying “no” so hard. I always think I’m going to disappoint people. Need to get over that!

Jan September 21, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Very cool pic of you and Johnny :) My claim to fame – I used to call Moe Howard from the Three Stooges, uncle Moe. I have many childhood photos with Uncle Moe. (shows my age doesn’t it?)

HEAB September 21, 2010 at 8:36 pm

Jan,
That is so cool. Uncle Moe – I love it!

Amber at Berlinswhimsy September 21, 2010 at 8:34 pm

What a cute photo! That is so cool! :-)

Take care of yourself! You need the rest and the time to get settled a bit…

Oat bran is my favorite, too. Love it plain.

Rachael September 21, 2010 at 9:33 pm

That is quite the pic – I’m jealous of your Johnny Cash near-lap time!
I make it a point to hit up any Cash-themed bars whenever I travel….surprisingly, there’s a ton of them scattered across the country, with the iconic poster of him, middle finger, err, raised, in every one!

Kristen @ Kristen, Sweetly September 21, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Don’t you wish you could sometimes just say, “listen, life, it’s time for you to chill out?” I’m sorry you’re feeling overwhelmed! I hope it gets calmer for you and the HEABlet soon. <3

If we can do anything for you, you just let us know, ok? I'd say do some yoga, but I'm sure you're on top of that. Happy Tuesday. :-)

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 9:56 am

Kristen,
You are so sweet…and I’m not saying that because it’s the name of your blog. :)

Thanks so much – I’ll be fine. I just have to learn to that I can’t do it all…it’s so hard to say no, but I’m trying! Thanks again for the support – means a lot. :)

rebecca lustig September 21, 2010 at 10:11 pm

you ROCKED those bangs.

enviousss

Emily September 22, 2010 at 12:33 am

Awesome!!

Heather September 22, 2010 at 12:52 am

That is so cool that you have a pic with you and Johnny Cash! My mom used to be a pharmacy tech at the pharmacy where he and June got their prescriptions filled! Six degrees of separation, huh?

Oh and I just have to say that your last two posts have got me seriously craving some cornbread!! ;)

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 9:54 am

Really Heather? That’s wild. And listen to your cravings – make some cornbread soon. Just finished off Polly’s recipe last night and bought more cornmeal. Need more! :)

michelle September 22, 2010 at 6:34 am

Wow! I grew up in Canada with parents from the Maritimes listening almost exclusively to Johnny cash, Willy Nelson and Waylon Jennings. I can’t wait to tell my dad about this picture…..he will be so thrilled even though he doesn’t know you!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 9:53 am

Michelle,
Your parents have great taste in music! :)

Scott in Ohio September 22, 2010 at 7:16 am

I’m with you on being overwhelmed! I was just thinking about you last night while I was making my own almond milk…wondering how you fit in all that you do. It always seems like time is slipping away and nothing ever gets done.

Wishing the best for you, my friend. ;-)

Johnny Cash?!? Are you kidding? That is way cool.

I have read many books by the doctor that treated him near the end of his life and subscribe to the doc’s website.

Here’s a great article he wrote about Johnny. Pull up a bowl of oat bran and enjoy. :-)

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 9:52 am

Very cool – thanks Scott!

Sounds like one of my uncles – I swear he went so downhill once he started taking medications for his Parkinsons. Doctor prescribed one medicine and then another to combat the side effects of the first one, and then another and another…I swear it was the meds that made him so sick. One year he was fine, and then when I saw him the next year, he looked so thin and frail, and was completely incoherent. I like Dr. Maffetone’s approach – wish there were more of him out there!

eatmovelove September 22, 2010 at 7:49 am

HEAB – do you have a “Subscribe via Email” on your site? I don’t see it anywhere…are my eyes that bad?!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 9:44 am

Eatmovelove,
As far as comments go, I removed that plug-in once I figured out how to reply to commenters via email.

However, if you want to receive the blog via email, you can click on the little envelope icon at the top right of my blog.

Natalia - a side of simple September 22, 2010 at 2:36 pm

As you can probably tell by the name of my blog, I’m a big fan of keeping it simple. Great breakfast choice!!

alli September 22, 2010 at 4:22 pm

are you serious?! that is so awesome!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Alli, completely serious. :)

Michelle September 22, 2010 at 5:54 pm

That looks soo delicious! Have to try. Can you top that with chocolate almond butter instead? Or maybe some chocolate hazelnut butter? Just tried “Justin’s” and I am in love! By the way how do you cook the egg into the oat bran?(I know dumb question rite?) Also have any idea on the amount of calories in this breakfast? Thanks! :)

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 6:03 pm

Michelle,
You can top the oat bran with whatever toppings you choose…big fan of Justin’s myself! Oh my gosh, have you tried the chocolate almond butter yet? ADDICTIVE. All out but hoping to get more soon. It’s pricey. :(

As far as the egg goes, I add it into the pot at the end when almost all the water or whatever liquid you’re using has been absorbed. I then continue stirring my oats over low heat for about 3 minutes or so. You’ll see the egg white part of the egg start to get white. That’s how I know it’s just about done cooking. I then turn off the heat and allow the oats to cool a bit on the stove.

As far as calories go, I’m not sure as every brand of oat bran I’ve bought has a different count. I’m going to go with about 225 calories for the oats (1/2 cup) + 70 for the egg + 180 for 2 TBSP Cacao Bliss = 475

Amanda @ bakingwithoutabox September 23, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Oh my goodness! You with the legend! That’s huge. What a complicated soul. I grew up with his music and still listen to it regularly. I will definitely check out the interview.
Hang in there with all the stress! Can only do so much.

HEAB September 23, 2010 at 3:23 pm