A Waffle Fit For The King

by HEAB on September 22, 2010

Today is special for 2 reasons:

1) It’s Waffle Wednesday! It’s been way too long since I cranked out some homemade waffles, and I decided today needed to be the day.

I got early and left the house at around 5:30 AM as I was due to be outside my friend’s apartment building at 6 AM. I walked the 1.5 miles there, and then we walked to a local coffee shop for some coffee (decaf for me…caffeine, I miss you.), and afterwards, I walked back home. By the time I got back, it was after 8, and I was definitely ready for some breakfast! So, I heated up my waffle iron, and mixed up the Non Dairy Queen’s recipe for Oatmeal Peanut Butter Waffles. Sarena, we have another winner. Truly my friend, you are a genius in the kitchen! I could barely stop eating the batter!

Guess what I toppings I used? Remember my HEABified Elvis Sundae?

The Elvis Waffle

While my waffle cooked, I fried one strip of bacon and then in the same skillet fried one banana with several shakes of cinnamon. I then topped my oatmeal peanut butter cookie, um, I mean waffle with the bacon, banana, and a drizzle of maple syrup. Wow! The only problem was I could have easily eaten two of these. Should have doubled the recipe! Now, onto the other reason why September 22 is so special…

2) Three years ago today…

0982352-R1-027-12_1.jpg FH000087.jpg

Happy Anniversary CD. I love you so so much! :)

We were married in Nashville on the patio of one of our favorite restaurants, Park Cafe, surrounded by immediate family and a couple of close friends. It was perfect, and we go back every year for dinner to celebrate our anniversary. CD, I’m so excited about our date tonight!

Did you celebrate Waffle Wednesday today?

Jessica @ How Sweet September 22, 2010 at 9:26 am

I am digging you and all this bacon! I have bacon in breakfast dishes all the time that normally wouldn’t call for it – it’s amazing!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Jessica, I know. Honestly, what does bacon NOT make better. ;)

Coco @ Opera Girl Cooks September 22, 2010 at 9:28 am

Happy anniversary AND first day of autumn, Heather! What a perfectly hearty breakfast to start the season.

brandi September 22, 2010 at 9:28 am

Happy happy anniversary you two :)

Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) September 22, 2010 at 9:28 am

Happy Anniversary!

That waffle looks amazing – I love eating peanut butter on waffles (which my husband thinks is weird) so I would definitely eat a waffle like that. Yum!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Rachel,
Your husband is totally missing out!

Kimberly September 22, 2010 at 9:31 am

Aww, Happy Anniversary to you guys!! Hope you have an extra blessed day and a wonderful dinner! :)

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Thanks Kimberly, hope you’re feeling better!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg September 22, 2010 at 9:32 am

Awww, happy anniversary!!!

That is a serious waffle :-)

Maria @ Oh Healthy Day September 22, 2010 at 9:33 am

Happy Anniversary! Such sweet photos!

Bacon, bananas, waffles? I think I need to eat like that every morning!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:28 pm

Maria,
I think you do too. :)

Heather September 22, 2010 at 9:34 am

Mmm, peanut butter waffles…sounds delish!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! You two are so cute!

Jess September 22, 2010 at 9:36 am

Happy anniversary!

Christin L. September 22, 2010 at 9:39 am

Happy anniversary, Heather!!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) September 22, 2010 at 9:42 am

Happy Anniversary to you two! Love the pictures of the two of you! I knew you would like that one! So easy and really addictive, but in a good way! No guilt with that one! Enjoy your day Heather!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Sarena,

That waffle was amazing. Really, practically licked the batter bowl…okay, so I did, but so good. Can’t believe it came out so well with no egg or anything. I knew I’d get obsessed with peanut flour…I just knew it!

Carbzilla September 22, 2010 at 9:43 am

Happy Anniversary!!!! You two are seriously the cutest! Have a wonderful dinner tonight! Cheers!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Thanks Carbzilla. :)

Little Bookworm September 22, 2010 at 9:48 am

Happy anniversary to you and CD! :)

Sylvia @ LifeIsGoodWithFood September 22, 2010 at 10:01 am

Awww, I’m so happy for you and CD. Happy anniversary, you two! :)

The secret (or not so secret, depending which way you look at it, haha) recipe to the chili-limon pistachio butter has been unleashed ;)

Love you, my friend! And have a wonderful date with your hubby tonight!<3

S @ extremebalance.net/blog September 22, 2010 at 10:04 am

Oh! Wish I could—if I die without a waffle iron, my life will have been a waste! (no melodrama here!!)

Happiest anniversary!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:35 pm

S, I’m dying for you. I hope you get a waffle iron in your life soon…perhaps Santa could bring you one? ;)

S @ extremebalance.net/blog September 22, 2010 at 11:35 pm

Thanks, HEAB, but I think gifts from Santa mean I’m supposed to be nice… and naughty is just SO MUCH MORE FUN! :D

Moni'sMeals September 22, 2010 at 10:11 am

Happy Anniversary! Beautiful pics and you both are a great couple ;)
Those waffles look amazing!

Heather (Heather's Dish) September 22, 2010 at 10:11 am

happy anniversary! you guys are seriously so adorable…i love that first shot!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Thanks Heather. :)

Shannon September 22, 2010 at 10:13 am

what a fabulous waffle :) and happy anniversary!!!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape September 22, 2010 at 10:16 am

Aaw, happy anniversary!! That waffle looks amazing! Love that there is bacon on it :D

Cynthia (It All Changes) September 22, 2010 at 10:22 am

Awww happy anniversary. What a good way to start it with WAFFLES!

Gavi @ GaviGetsGoing! September 22, 2010 at 10:25 am

Happy anniversary, HEAB and CD!! I hope this year is a beautiful and exciting one for your growing family!!

I did not celebrate waffle Wednesday, as I don’t have a waffle maker and it’s not always easy to find a good gluten-free waffle recipe! But reading about your delicious-looking creation made me wish I had! :)

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Gavi,
Have you tried the Van’s gluten free toaster waffles? At first I thought they were a bit funky, but I found if let them thaw out in the fridge overnight and then toasted them, much better! :)

Nikki September 22, 2010 at 10:28 am

Aww happy anniverary you guys!

denise September 22, 2010 at 10:30 am

Happy Anniversary! Now I want waffles…

Claire C September 22, 2010 at 10:32 am

That’s Fabulous!!Happy Anniversary you two!I hope your date night is a very special one:-)cc

Ashley September 22, 2010 at 10:36 am

Happppppy Anniversary!!! <3 I didn't celebrate waffle wednesday but I made toast with mashed avo + jam! It was good, but more of a lunch thing for me. I might like it better w/the banana combo you've had on here. It was still tasty and I know it will help hold me over to lunch! :) Thanks for all of your foodie inspiration. Have a great day!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Ashley,
You’re welcome. And yes, definitely try the avo/banana/nut butter combo. So yummy. :)

lindsay September 22, 2010 at 10:36 am

What a special day! Happy anniversary to HEAB and CD!

Hands in Namaste September 22, 2010 at 10:39 am

Happy Anniversary HEAB!!! I hope you and CD have a wonderful night out to dinner!

And that waffle…YUM!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Thanks Hands in Namaste. :)

Melanie September 22, 2010 at 10:43 am

Happy ‘versry, HEABY:). You guys look like babies in those pics! Enjoy your date! Next year, you’ll be praying that the HEABlet doesn’t fling any food on anyone at the restaurant;).

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:39 pm

Melanie,
So funny as I thought CD looked so young in those photos too – he always jokes how much he thinks our marriage has aged him…hope he doesn’t read your comment. ;)

Melanie September 23, 2010 at 6:28 am

Ha! I think you both look young in the pics; but you also haven’t changed any:). Man, when I look back on mine, my hubby and I really do look like babies. But I was only 21 and he was 22. It’ll be 8 years in November. Hope you had a good anniversary dinner!

Talia @ Texas Gunslinger September 22, 2010 at 10:44 am

Happy Anniversary, lovebirds!!!! Have a wonderful date, just the *three* of you:)

melissa @ the delicate place September 22, 2010 at 10:46 am

awww happy anniversary heather!! i’ll be celebrating 3 years too but next month! bravo for getting up at 530?! i can’t even do that now and i’m not pregnant haha. how’s your energy holding up?

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:41 pm

Melissa,
Happy early Anniversary to you. 2007 was a great year to get married. :)

Energy levels are great. Honestly, if I couldn’t feel the HEABlet kicking around in my belly, I don’t even think I would feel pregnant. First trimester was awful – I won’t lie, but now I can honestly say I love being pregnant!

Katie September 22, 2010 at 10:49 am

THose waffles look amazing! One thing I dont have and need is a waffle maker!

Happy 3 year Anny to you and CD!!!!!!!

I love that your wedding was smal and special! That is how we are doing ours too!

U make a beautiful bride!!!!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Katie,
No other way to do a wedding in my opinion. Honestly, it was perfect, and I wouldn’t have changed a thing. :) Thanks so much for the anniversary wishes!

Jenn (eating bender) September 22, 2010 at 10:50 am

Happy Anniversary Heather & CD! Have an amazing day – I always love seeing your wedding pictures. Heather, you were the ultimate glowing bride and CD, you make for a dashing groom. Congratulations to you both on all of the happy things going on right now for you! :)

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:43 pm

Thanks so much Jenn, can’t wait to see your glowing wedding photos soon. Is the same photographer that did your engagement photos shooting the wedding? I LOVED those pictures!

eatmovelove September 22, 2010 at 10:56 am

Oh my goodness – I’ve been craving waffles, but not enough time to make them. And then I see this! Cruel! :)

My God – gorgeous – and only 3 years? I thought longer for some reason.

And, wait why a 6 a.m meet-up?! Craziness girl ;)

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Eatmovelove,
6 AM was the only time we could get together as my friend has a crazy work schedules and travels out of town every weekend to see her fiance. We made it work, and so worth losing an hour of sleep to spend time with her. It had been months, and she wanted to rub my belly. :)

StephORama September 22, 2010 at 10:58 am

Wow! I’m so going to make those waffles this weekend! The look amazing, and the ingredients are so healthy!

I didn’t celebrate waffle Wednesday. Today was more like puffed-corn-with-almond-milk Wednesday.

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Steph,
Puffed corn Wednesday – that works. :) You will love those waffles. Seriously, I could just eaten the batter and been a happy girl.

Maggie @ Say Yes to Salad September 22, 2010 at 11:01 am

Congrats you two!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Thanks Maggie! :)

polly September 22, 2010 at 11:04 am

Happy Anniversary to my favorite beef eating, spinach massaging, life LOVING couple. Love you so much, both of ya!! See you SOON!!! :D XO

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Polly,
Yes, we will see you soon. I can’t wait!

jennifer September 22, 2010 at 11:15 am

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your date!!

We did celebrate Waffle Wednesday here! (not home made, as I have no iron…yet) but still…they were topped with frozen banana ice cream and fresh, warm berry sauce. The kids thought it was awesome to be having Waffles and Ice Cream for breakfast!! -right in the middle of the week, no less!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:48 pm

Jennifer,

Toaster waffles totally count, especially when topped with those toppings!

VeggieGirl September 22, 2010 at 11:25 am

Your anniversary is the same day as Suave Slav’s birthday – LOVE IT!!!!!!! Tons of celebrating today – I shall toast tonight in your and CD’s honor as well :)

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:50 pm

VeggieGirl,

Happy Birthday Suave Slav!!! Have fun tonight my friend. ;)

suzanne September 22, 2010 at 11:33 am

Happy Anniversary!!
I’d love to try those waffles but i can’t find peanut flour anywhere! Can i ask where you found it??

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Suzanne,
A reader actually sent it to me, but it’s from here: http://www.byrdmill.com/gourmet_peanut_flour

However, Trader Joe’s now sells it, and I plan to buy it there when my supply runs out. Hope you have a TJ’s near you! The peanut flour from the above website is great, but the shipping charges are crazy! :(

Carolyn September 22, 2010 at 11:36 am

I waffled on Wednesday.. First i was going to stay home and do office work.. Then i waffled and decided to go to Trader Joes and Whole Foods instead!!! It was a wonderful waffle Wednesday morning…!

Happy Bananaversary you two!…and 3/4…

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:55 pm

Carolyn,
Sounds like my kind of waffling. Loved the 3/4. ;)

Katie September 22, 2010 at 11:45 am

Happy Anniversary!! Do you think CD will mind that he came in at #2, behind the Elvis waffles? ;)

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:56 pm

Katie,
Hehe, I was wondering if CD would make a comment about that…I’ll let you know. ;)

Christina @ ilovefetacheese September 22, 2010 at 11:54 am

Oh.my.GOSH. WANT THAT IN MY TUMMY!! That looks amazing!!!!!!! I need a waffle iron…hmmm trip to Target may be needed tonight :)

Congrats on your third anniversary! Enjoy :)

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:57 pm

Thanks Christina, and yes, go buy that waffle iron! :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) September 22, 2010 at 12:02 pm

Omg Happy Anniversary!!! I remember reading your anniv last year, from my house in Phoenix. I remember being so struck that you’d only been married 2 yrs at that point?! Like you guys seem like lifelong soul mates and BFFs so only 2 yrs was surprising. And my time in Phoenix is a surreal 9 month crazy memory that I am really glad to be done with :) We have been together 11+, married 9.5. We got married in Vegas at a little white chapel for $199 bucks. I had a plastic bouquet and 24 exposure digital kodak camera w/ pics. I wore a hot pink Betsey Johnson mini dress. And a kid and 10 moves later, they said it wouldnt last. Would love to hear about your backstory, the wedding, all that jazz. If you’re ever hurting for blog topics (which I know youre not!), humor us with the deets :)

Here’s to you and CD starting the next amazing chapter of your life together: parenthood!!!!

xoxo

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 3:58 pm

Thanks so much Averie. Can’t believe you have moved 10 times! How do you do it. Oh gosh, I never want to move again. Here is a blog post about how CD and I met and our dating history: http://heathereatsalmondbutter.com/2009/08/08/more-on-heab/. :)

Viviane September 22, 2010 at 12:02 pm

Happy anniversary Heather!! :)

Marisa @ Loser for Life September 22, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Happy Anniversary, Heather and CD!

Ana September 22, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Happy Anniversary Heather!! Many more years to come for you and CD!
We have close wedding anniversaries, mine was this past Sat (18th), hard to believe it’s been 11 years already.
Waffles sound really good! We had warm bananas with cinnamon for breakfast today (together with homemade banana bran muffins and milk), definitely a delicious and comforting combo!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Ana, Happy belated wedding anniversary! Waffles were good, but your breakfast sounded pretty delicious as well. :)

Maria September 22, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Happy Anniversary, Heather! Heehee you two are so cute :)

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Thanks Maria. :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 22, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Happy Anniversary!! That first picture is just too adorable :)

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Thanks Mary! :)

Namaste Gurl September 22, 2010 at 12:36 pm

Looks amazing, Heather :) So easy and yummy…and I love the way you HEABfied it. SOOOO your thing.

Happy day, by the way. You looked amazing at your wedding…awwwh :)

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 5:48 pm

Thanks Namaste, and you must try that waffle…my goodness, just make the batter. Even that was amazing! :)

Justine September 22, 2010 at 12:45 pm

Congrats Miss Heather & CD! That is such a special thing to share with some one. WHat a way to start such a special day- Elvis Waffles! My only problem- I have no waffle iron. Or peanut flour. You know, I am begininng to wonder if you were somehow chosen as the national slour spokes person with all of your different flours….. Hope today is special for you both :)

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Thanks Justine. :) Do you live near a Trader Joe’s? They sell the peanut flour, and instead of making waffles, just use the same batter to make pancakes. It’s so good!!!

Gina G September 22, 2010 at 1:02 pm

happy anniversary to you both! :)

Christina September 22, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Happy anniversary! I hope you have a scrumptious dinner :)

Those waffles look amazing. I’m wiping the drool from my face now.

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Christina,
Thank you and yes, waffle was definitely drool worthy. :)

LesleyG September 22, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Happy waffles, and happy anniversary!

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com September 22, 2010 at 1:23 pm

Happy Anniversary!
the picture of you grabbing his tie made me laugh so hard! thats both cute and funny at the same time. its true when they say that photos can capture the character of a person that we otherwise may miss in movement :)

WAFFLES!!!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Thanks Kelsey…that’s actually one of my favorite photos from the wedding. Makes me smile every time. :)

Natalie September 22, 2010 at 1:24 pm

happy anniversary! I want peanut flour to make the waffles!

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete September 22, 2010 at 1:24 pm

Happy Anniversary Heather and CD!

I love that picture of you grabbing his tie! How adorable. Enjoy your dinner tonight!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 6:04 pm

Holly,
Thanks! Definitely one of my favorite photos from our wedding. :)

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday September 22, 2010 at 1:33 pm

Wow, congratulations on your anniversary. I wish you many many more good years!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 6:04 pm

Thanks Samantha!

Maya September 22, 2010 at 1:38 pm

Aww, what an especially wonderful anniversary considering little heablet. Congratulations!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 6:04 pm

Thanks Maya! :)

Caroline September 22, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Happy Anniversary! It’s my 3rd anniversary too!
And strangely enough, I think you might know an old friend of mine, Jenny Magill? You came up as one of her facebook friends when I glanced at her profile the other day :D
Small world! I hope you have a beautiful day!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 6:06 pm

Happy Anniversary to you as well Caroline! Yes, I know Jenny. So funny as I wrote “Happy Anniversary” on CD’s wall today, and Jenny “liked” it. We love her – such a sweet girl and yes, definitely a small world! :)

Emily September 22, 2010 at 1:44 pm

Happy Anniversary HEAB and CD!!! Hope you guys have a wonderful year and many many more to come :) My Wednesday was steel-cut oats and a probably HEAB-like lunch of eggs atop (earth balance) buttered spelt toast and covered in steamed spinach and mushrooms :)

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 6:07 pm

Emily,
I want your lunch for dinner…right now. We’re not going out to eat until 7:30, and I’m starving. Mmm, dreaming of buttered toast. :) Thanks for the anniversary wishes!

Diana (Soap & Chocolate) September 22, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Happy anniversary, HEAB! Enjoy your date night! And I’m sure we’d all understand if you wanted to, ahem, take the morning off from posting tomorrow. ;)

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 6:09 pm

Hehe – thanks Diana. ;)

Maren September 22, 2010 at 2:03 pm

Happy Anniversary HEAB and CD!! hope you have a special day! From the looks of that waffle, it was off to a great start!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Thanks Maren – yes, that waffle was an excellent way to start the day! :)

Courtney (greeneyedrunner) September 22, 2010 at 2:07 pm

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

and thanks for making cutting out nut butter so difficult :P

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 6:11 pm

Courtney,
Thank you, but sorry about all the nut butter lovin’. Thanks for still reading. :)

Courtney (greeneyedrunner) September 22, 2010 at 6:18 pm

omg no please don’t apologize for the nut butter love! i absolutely adore all your recipes, and i think once i ramp up my running mileage i can indulge in some pb&co, but NOW i’m looking for naturally nutty! looks INCREDIBLE!

and i wouldn’t stop reading, i love your blog! especially your post about eating REAL foods, like butter. so true!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 6:26 pm

Courtney,

OK, good to know…I’ll keep eating the nut butter as well as real butter! Again, thanks so much for reading, and I hope you find some Naturally Nutty soon! However, if you don’t, Dark Chocolate Dreams should suffice. Love that stuff! :)

Courtney (greeneyedrunner) September 22, 2010 at 11:34 pm

don’t forget white chocolate wonderful!

and while i’m here, thanks a million for posting gluten free recipes that resemble gluten-filled food!

nicole September 22, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Happy anniversary!!! YAY!! Enjoy your date tonight!!
And …. ummm … part of the reason why I can’t stick to a budget is because I read food blogs while I”m at work and then immediately crave something I see. Your gluten free hot pockets? Yeah, I ran out and bought the corn flour immediately and made the pizza pockets. I saw your waffle and out loud said, “Sweet JESUS that looks good.” Apparently loud enough for my co-workers to start laughing at me. And I already called Dennis and asked him to pick up some bacon on his way home. After he gasped (I never eat bacon) he said, “Oh good so you can make me some rice and beans for dinner tomorrow night since you never want to make it with bacon.” Ok ok you win, I will add bacon to my black beans tomorrow JUST for you.
You’re right though, it looks as if I could eat 2 of those which I suppose is half of my fat and calorie intake for the day… … … (I’m seriously considering this…) lol

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 6:12 pm

Nicole,
Ha – I love that my breakfast made you talk out loud! Always the side of a winning recipe, and I know those black beans are going to taste AMAZING tomorrow night. Enjoy and please eat a big spoonful for me. Bacon makes everything betta!

Natalia - a side of simple September 22, 2010 at 2:26 pm

Happy Anniversary!! I’m so happy for you. Congratulations on all you’ve accomplished in those three years (Oh little HEABlet, how we await your arrival)!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 6:13 pm

Thanks so much Natalia…we can’t wait for the HEABlet to arrive either. CD keeps saying he wants her now, but I think she needs to stay in my belly just a bit longer. :)

Laura September 22, 2010 at 2:39 pm

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! very happy for you! :-) hope you have many, many more to come! although i don’t doubt you will! I love looking at wedding pictures and those ones are so pretty and stylist! love them!!
almost love those waffles as much as the pictures;-)
i didn’t celebrate waffle wednesday!! i’m annoyed now, i wish i had! your waffles have gotten me in the mood to make some! i DID celebrate “watermelon wednesday” if there is such a thing as that;-)! xx

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Laura,
Watermelon Wednesday works, and there is nothing wrong with Waffle Thursday. :) Thanks for the sweet anniversary wishes!

Lauren @ 40Apples September 22, 2010 at 2:41 pm

Happy Anniversary to such a wonderful, happy couple!!

Great way to start a special day, too :) Have a fantastic date tonight!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Thanks so much Lauren. :)

Sami September 22, 2010 at 2:43 pm

awhhhh happy anniversary, heaby & cd!!!

xoxoxo.

elvis waffles? i think i love you.

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Sami,
Love you too. Try the Elvis waffles! :)

Stefanie September 22, 2010 at 2:48 pm

Happy anniversary!

I celebrated pancake Wednesday instead of waffle Wednesday. :)

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Stefanie,
That works. Pancakes are always a good choice. :)

Evan Thomas September 22, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Happy anniversary! You two are so cute.

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Thanks Evan. :)

courtney September 22, 2010 at 3:11 pm

Awww, happy anniversary! Have fun tonight!

Kristy September 22, 2010 at 3:43 pm

That’s cool you guys got married at Park Cafe…I like non-traditional venues. We were married at the Bound’ry in their event space.

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Kristy,
It was perfect – wouldn’t have done it any other way. Sounds like you had the same idea. I love the Bound’ry!

MarathonVal September 22, 2010 at 4:08 pm

Happy birthday to you and CD! You guys are so adorable together! :)

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 6:14 pm

Thanks so much Val! :)

Teri September 22, 2010 at 4:16 pm

Happy Anniversary!!!!! :)

Kristin (Cook, Bake, Nibble) September 22, 2010 at 4:19 pm

Happy Anniversary you guys!!

xo
Kris

alli September 22, 2010 at 4:19 pm

congrats! you two are a great looking couple! i’m looking forward to seeing what the little heablet looks like…as i know you are, too!

once again, i will be making a heab inspired dinner tonight :) i have been loving breakfast foods my entire pregnancy and will be making those waffles tonight! a few weeks ago i made up about a dozen waffles then froze them to have ready when i’m craving them, i’m thinking i’ll do the same again with this recipe!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 6:16 pm

Alli,
You will love Sarena’s waffle recipe. Oh my gosh, so good. Just don’t try and of the batter because it might not make it to the waffle iron. Honesty, I could not stop eating it. Enjoy and thanks for the sweet anniversary wishes.

P.S. We can’t wait to see what she looks like either! :)

caronae September 22, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Happy Anniversary to you and CD! I hope you have a wonderful evening — you deserve it! :)

Confession: I have never done waffle Wednesday! I don’t have a waffle maker in my dorm or a toaster so it’s kind of impossible. Maybe when I’m home for the holidays I will though!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 6:17 pm

Thanks Coronae…and yes, you must make waffles when you are home for the holidays…even if it’s not on a Wednesday. You can top them with Blue Moon although I think they’d be much better with Moose Tracks! ;)

Melissa @ TryingToHeal September 22, 2010 at 4:28 pm

happy anniversary to you and CD!!! i love you two!!!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 6:19 pm

Thanks so much Melissa. We love you too! CD asks about how you’re doing from time to time. He will always remember you as the girl who moving across the country but still took the time to put gifts together for all of us at our blogger dinner. You made a very good impression on him. :)

Eleanor September 22, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Congratulations! Hope you have/had a brilliant day x

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 6:19 pm

Eleanor,
Pretty brilliant so far. :)

Maren September 22, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Oatmeal? And Peanut butter? In the same breakfast waffle?! I bookmarked this recipe and I’m going for it… as soon as we have more peanut butter. I kinda demolished our jar yesterday afternoon. Happy Anniversary!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 6:19 pm

Maren,
Get some PB soon and make those waffles. Heck, just make the batter…so good!

janetha g. September 22, 2010 at 5:05 pm

yay for waffle wednesday! i am thinking waffles for dinner. happy anniversary to you two! cute couple :)

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 6:20 pm

Thanks J. G. Bean. Luv you. :)

Annie@stronghealthyfit September 22, 2010 at 5:08 pm

Wow, married at a restaurant? Very cool. Happy anniversary!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 6:21 pm

Annie,
Yep, right on the patio. I said I wanted it to look like a fairy tale, and we hired a decorator. She totally pulled it off – it was perfect, and the food was AMAZING!

homecookedem September 22, 2010 at 5:23 pm

I just love looking at all of Sarena’s yummy recipes!! I finally made one of them – her monkey bread, omg!! Soooooo GOOD!! :) She is a genius!! :)

Happy Anniversary!! Can you believe it’s the last one with just the 2 of you?!?!?! HEABlet is lucky to have such happy and in love parents!! :)

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 6:22 pm

HomecookedEm,

No, I really can’t. She’ll be here in about 7 weeks. Can you believe it? I hope you’re feeling well. Off to look up Sarena’s Monkey Bread. Honestly, that girl can do no wrong in my opinion!

Sarah @ BikingNBaking September 22, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Man those waffles sound good! When I first looked at the pic I thought they were savory waffles with potatoes (which were the bananas) and bacon and THAT sounded good as well! If I had a waffle maker I would make eggs benedict on waffles with bacon instead of ham!
Happy Anniversary!

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Sarah,

I gotta remember that one…I like the way you think! :)

Monica September 22, 2010 at 5:59 pm

Aww happy anniversary! I love love and love hearing about folks love for their significant others! :)

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Thanks Monica. :)

A Teenage Gourmet September 22, 2010 at 5:59 pm

Your wedding photos are the greatest! :)

HEAB September 22, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Thanks Teenage Gourmet. We just had a friend take our photos, and I love them. They’re so casual and really captured the evening. Perfect. :)

Amber Shea @Almost Vegan September 22, 2010 at 6:34 pm

Aw, happy anniversary!

Danielle (Runs on Green) September 22, 2010 at 7:22 pm

Happy Anniversary!! :)

kelli September 22, 2010 at 7:27 pm

happy anniversary to a gorgeous couple!!! Since you are a bacon lover you so need this: http://www.fredflare.com/customer/product.php?productid=5440&cat=316 & http://www.fredflare.com/customer/product.php?productid=4900&cat=316

imagine that pancake mix with pb protein ice cream? (and I don’t even eat bacon)

HEAB September 23, 2010 at 3:22 pm

Kelli,
Haha – I’ve had the chocolate bacon bar but never seen that pancake mix. I want!!! And yes, I think it pair perfectly with PB protein ice-cream. :)

BroccoliHut September 22, 2010 at 7:53 pm

Loving this meal! It has me thinking that I’ll try mixing tempeh bacon into my banana pancakes…

HEAB September 23, 2010 at 11:48 am

BroccoliHut,
Yes, great idea!

Brynne September 22, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Happy Anniversary!!

LJ September 22, 2010 at 8:36 pm

Happy anniversary! Today is special for me since it’s my birthday. Lots of good things happening on the 22nd!

HEAB September 23, 2010 at 11:48 am

LJ,
Happy birthday to you…sorry I’m a day late! :)

michelle September 23, 2010 at 5:33 am

Happy anniversary! I wish you many more….I just celebrated my 17th year on Sept 4th.

HEAB September 23, 2010 at 11:47 am

Congrats to you Michelle – 17 years, that’s wonderful! :)

Alisa September 23, 2010 at 2:52 pm

I hope you and CD had a WONDERFUL dinner and anniversary!!

elise September 24, 2010 at 12:59 am