Looking Good Thus Far

by HEAB on September 23, 2010

Now that I’m in my 3rd trimester, I have to go to the doctor every 2 weeks, and during the last month, I’ll go once a week. The check-ups are pretty routine: pee in a cup, weight, blood pressure, listen to baby’s heartbeat, and that’s about it. This morning’s appointment went well. Blood pressure was 102/50 (Mine is always pretty low – normal for me…reason why I never fear salt), weight was actually down a pound, but doc said everything looked good. I’m 32 weeks, and I’ve gained 15 pounds. She also said that once I reach 34 weeks, there would probably be no complications if the HEABlet should arrive early. So, we’re almost there. We still haven’t set up the nursery yet, but the plan is to get it done this weekend…if I can get my dad off the golf course. ;)

I can finally say I that I love being pregnant…I just can’t think about that first trimester. Honestly, those were 4 of the hardest months of my life. Most days, I didn’t even want to get out of bed, and I vowed that we would never have more than one baby. However, that’s all in the past now. I feel great, and I would do it all again in a heartbeat. CD and I love the little HEABlet so much already, and we’re dying to meet her. I just can’t wait to see Chris as a dad as I know he’s going to make the most amazing father. That baby is going to have him wrapped around her little finger.

Anyway, I know many of my readers are expecting as well, and I love hearing about how your pregnancies are going. It’s so comforting to know that I am not going through this alone, and to the women out there that are already moms, your advice has been more helpful than you know! Thanks to all of you for your support throughout this new journey in my life. Honestly, in the beginning, I thought about taking a break from the blog, mainly because I couldn’t eat anything but Pop-Tarts (hehe), but I’m so glad I stuck with it. I plan to keep posting after the baby arrives but who knows how often. I just can’t wait for all of you to meet her, and she’ll be here before we know it!

OK, just wanted to share a bit of gratitude – really, I am so thankful for each and every one of you. Now, onto some scrumptious eats…

My good friend Sara couldn’t make it to my baby shower a couple of weeks ago, and so we met up for lunch today at Taco Mamacita, definitely not your typical taco venue, and I love it!

I ordered the Loaded Gyro with lamb and The Memphis tacos, both in corn tortillas. The jalapeno cole slaw on The Memphis was a bit too spicy for me, but otherwise, my tacos were perfect. I was stuffed after eating them, and I think that’s one reason why I lost a bit of weight these last 2 weeks. I get full so easily these days and should probably start eating more smaller meals throughout the day.

Sara also gave me and the HEABlet a belated shower gift. Thanks Sara – you know us both well!

So many of you have recommended Super Baby Food to me, and I can’t wait to read it! Thanks again Sara – I loved getting to hang out with you today. Always good to catch up on your life. :)

OK, off to finish some laundry and take a short walk with the pups before dinner.

Ever tried a non-traditional taco? If not, I highly recommend it!

grocery goddess jen September 23, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Heather, I have absolutely loved reading about your pregnancy, and I’m excited to meet the HEABLET (and find out her real name!) too. It’s been great to hear about what you could and couldn’t and didn’t want to eat as you’ve progressed, and of course your love for her comes right through the computer screen, which is so wonderful. And it may or may not be contributing to the case of baby fever I seem to have developed! Keep it up, and I hope you’ll still get to after you’re a mom.

HEAB September 23, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Jen,
Me too – I would miss all of you so much if I didn’t blog. I’ll definitely still be around post-HEABlet! Thanks for your encouragement and kind words…and good luck with the baby fever. ;)

Sarah R September 23, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Aw, yay! I’m so glad to know that things are going so well now. My good friend told me that he mom always said that God makes us forget about all of the bad things, so that we will do it all over again! Can’t wait for the little gal to be here.

Danielle September 23, 2010 at 5:00 pm

Thank YOU for sharing all of your pregnancy with the blog world! I just reached 19 weeks, and all of your 1st trimester wisdom and learnings helped me SO much back when I wasnt feeling well and all I wanted was [insert junk food here]. I’ve taken your advice of listening to my body, and so far it has been the best strategy.
We have our 20 week ultrasound on Monday, and although I loved reading about your knowing that the HEABlet is a girl, I think we will wait and be surprised. I hope you keep blogging up until your off to the hospital and after your amazing daughter arrives!

HEAB September 23, 2010 at 9:38 pm

Danielle,
I plan to keep blogging as long as I can! So exciting you’re 19 weeks, and I’m so happy to hear you’ve been listening to your body. It was the only thing that worked for me, and it’s served as such a lesson for me. Honestly, I thought I was pretty in tune with my body and its needs pre-HEABlet, but I really wasn’t.

So cool you guys are going to be surprised. I love that. :)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) September 23, 2010 at 5:02 pm

I love non traditional tacos…who wants to be traditional anyway! You look great and I am so glad things are going well for you! I am glad you shared the pop tarts. It is all about sharing the real stuff! I am actually dying right now because my sister had her little one on Monday and since he has to have a little stay in the hospital, I am waiting a little bit before I go to Virginia to see him. Good luck with the laundry…I am doing the same!

HEAB September 23, 2010 at 9:39 pm

Sarena,
Oh my gosh, congrats to your sister. So exciting, and I hope you get to go meet your nephew soon! :)

Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 23, 2010 at 5:07 pm

I’m glad to hear you’re finally loving being pregnant..just in time for it to almost be over, huh? ;) But the best is yet to come!

Katie September 23, 2010 at 5:08 pm

I am so glad the checkup went well and things are going well, I am so sorry you had a rough first 4 months, I remmeber having mornin sickness and it was no fun for me ; p I am so glad you continued to blog, you really are an amazing person and I love reading and LOVE your recipes!

I really want to thank you to for sharing your journey through pregnancy with all of us readers! It is very fun to watch it all unfold!

Thank you too for always getting back to my comments, I know you get tons of comments a day, and when you reply to mine, it means alot : )

HEAB September 23, 2010 at 9:41 pm

Katie,
Thanks for continuing to read through all my crazy food cravings…the chocolate + PB and ice-cream posts did get a bit out of hand. Hehe. ;)

No, but seriously, thanks for all your support!

VeggieGirl September 23, 2010 at 5:19 pm

Gorgeous, HEAB.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) September 23, 2010 at 5:24 pm

“I just can’t think about that first trimester. Honestly, those were 4 of the hardest months of my life. “—

ME TOO!!!!!!
I always tell Scott, thank god I only wanted one, b/c the thought of doing that again, honestly, I can’t imagine. I threw up every single day for 7 mos, most days multiple times per day. I dont even know how I worked, how I even made coherent sentences or even walked! I didnt want to move! The last 6 weeks or so I wasnt puking but I was contracting :) Oh girl, some women are made to be pregnant, I wasnt one of them but I am soooo glad you are in your element, that you have hit that golden awesome place in pregnancy :)

And yes, finish the nursery but honestly the 1st bit of her life, or much longer depending on your sleeping arrangements, she’ll be at your breast, in your room in a basinet or basically really close to you.

Super Baby Food, very good book. Ruth gets a lil over the top on some things but take the good and dismiss the OCD stuff…haha! She’s got a million great things and info and recipes and yeah, good stuff!

HEAB September 23, 2010 at 9:44 pm

Averie,
I don’t know how you did it…I could not imagine feeling like I did those first few months throughout my entire pregnancy. Gosh, I bet you were so glad when Skylar finally arrived!

Flipped through Super Baby Food earlier tonight. Looks like some good recipes and some not so good ones…will definitely take the good and dismiss the rest. Good advice. :)

BethT September 23, 2010 at 5:24 pm

How interesting that you now go to the doc every two weeks…I’m further along than you and have still been on a monthly plan! My next appointment is at 36 weeks and then I go at 38, 39 and 40.

I was enjoying being pregnant too, until I hit the 35 week mark – and I hear this is common for many women. (Almost like hitting the wall when running a marathon!) All of a sudden I feel huge and everything hurts. I don’t say this to scare you – I hope you can be a lucky one and avoid it! – but no one really told me it was coming, and I was so bummed to lose my energy and glow, haha ;) May the next few weeks be wonderful for us both!

HEAB September 23, 2010 at 9:46 pm

BethT,
Yes, my nurse warned me about that last month b/c I was going on and on this morning about how great I felt, and she was very honest in saying it might not last. So, I’ll keep thinking positive and hope for the best…honestly, I don’t think anything could be worse than the first trimester…right?!?

Emily September 23, 2010 at 5:28 pm

The baby news always brightens my day, so happy to hear how well you and the HEABlet are doing :) She will be here before you know it and still cannot wait to hear about all the joys and fun events of you guys being a new family :)

Debbie~ September 23, 2010 at 5:42 pm

You look fantastic!! Because you haven’t gained much weight, you will most likely lose all of that and then some after the Heablet arrives. That’s what happened with me, and everyone was always telling me I was the incredible shrinking woman…I was so busy with the baby, I didn’t really even notice until my 6th week post pardon checkup…I had lost almost 20 extra pounds.

HEAB September 23, 2010 at 9:49 pm

Debbie,
Very encouraging. I was so scared of gaining a ton of weight in the beginning, but it didn’t happen…at least not yet! ;) I’ve been eating when I am hungry, and just going with the cravings. Finally learning that listening to my body really does work.

Hands in Namaste September 23, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Heather, you are absolutely GLOWING in your picture :-)

So excited for you, CD, and the Heablet!!!!!!!!

Miranda September 23, 2010 at 5:52 pm

You are positively glowing in all your pictures and the love you have for your family is palpable in your words. So excited for you!

Cynthia (It All Changes) September 23, 2010 at 5:57 pm

The best thing about how you have chronicled your pregnancy is that you didn’t hide that you had trouble eating in the beginning. It let every healthy woman who could only eat Pop Tarts at the beginning of their pregnancy that it was okay and not weird. Pregnancy is unique and you can never plan how it will go. But your little girl is so worth it.

HEAB September 23, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Thanks Cynthia. :)

Lauren September 23, 2010 at 6:13 pm

Hi Heather. Just wanted to let you know that I used those One Step Ahead baby food containers with my first and I loved them. I made all my own baby food, and those containers helped to make it such an easy process… they are the perfect size and stack nicely in the freezer, so I was able to make a whole bunch at once and freeze it! Also, you look great!!! I am due Nov 18th as well with my second baby girl, and I have gained twice as much as you. :) Enjoy the last 8 weeks!! She will be here before you know it!

HEAB September 23, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Lauren,
November 18…can you believe how close it is? I’m so excited for both of us! Good to know about the One Step Ahead containers. I was playing with them tonight – can’t wait to fill them with the HEABlet’s food…but until then, I was thinking they would make good nut butter on the go holders. :)

Rachael September 23, 2010 at 6:15 pm

It’s been an honor to “follow” you on this amazing journey – even though I only know you through your words, I think your little girl is lucky indeed – coming into a warm, wonderful and nurturing household. Thank you so much for allowing the blogworld into this precious time in your life!

HEAB September 23, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Thanks Rachael. :)

Diana (Soap & Chocolate) September 23, 2010 at 6:16 pm

So glad your pregnancy is finally smoothed out! Just in time to not be pregnant anymore, right? ;) My sister just gave birth a month ago after a nightmarish, uncomfortable (2nd) pregnancy and has been in and out of the ER a couple times since because the baby has GERD and is a bit of a handful, to say the least. Gosh, I didn’t mean to write that and scare you–I mean that reading about your progress is reassuring to me! Because everyone’s different and you’re doing so well now and I’m glad to hear it because helping my sister out these past few weeks has all but scared me off childbearing. Phew. :)

HEAB September 23, 2010 at 10:21 pm

Diana,
Oh gosh, so sorry to hear about your sister. Glad you’re there to help her out, and yes, every pregnancy is different. Don’t let it scare you!

Mandy September 23, 2010 at 6:28 pm

Sweet Heather! I’ve LOVED reading about the Heablet. I’m 23 weeks now and feeling pretty good, except for major rib pain (not from baby kicking, from organs moving up-OW) and my boobs are so huge I’m gonna be able to nurse this kid from the next room.

I, too am having first trimester amnesia, telling myself “it wasn’t so bad”. Hee hee, I’ve got a blog to prove it.

I have no idea how much weight I’ve gained as my midwife has advised against it since I have a history of eating issues. She can tell by feel and measuring if baby is on track, and that’s all that matters. It blows me away how different we all carry; some gals gain 60, some 20. As long as we’re eating healthy and moving our bodies, it’s ALL GOOD.

Much love to you!

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 7:48 am

Mandy,
Glad to hear you’re doing well, rib pain, big boobs and all! :) And yes, eating healthy and moving our bodies…all good. :)

Marisa @ Loser for Life September 23, 2010 at 6:37 pm

You look beautiful, Heather!

I bought Super Baby Food last year for my friend and she loves it!

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete September 23, 2010 at 6:58 pm

Heather I have really enjoyed reading about your pregnancy. I started to read your blog shortly before you announced the HEABlet :) and it has been so exciting to read about. THANK YOU for sharing your experience, and THANK YOU for showing that you can have a healthy pregnancy and gain a healthy amount of weight. To be honest I have been scared in the past to have a baby for fear of gaining a lot of weight. I hope that doesn’t sound selfish of me to say. And most people I know who have had children gain more than the healthy amount of weight and I was honestly kind of scared of that.

So thank you for showing that it can be done. You have given me strength in knowing that I could do that too!

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 7:50 am

Holly,
Not selfish at all. Honestly, I think many women feel that way, but if you eat well and stay active, you will be fine. Everyone told me that in the beginning as I had this fear that I would gain 80 pounds or something, but that didn’t happen. Just eat when you’re hungry and listen to your body. It really does know what it needs. :)

Randi September 23, 2010 at 7:02 pm

I have just loved reading your blog because we are just a few days apart in due dates. Thank you for sharing! I plan on starting back up my running blog once he gets here so hopefully we can trade new momma tips! You look fab by the way… We’re almost there!! Ahh!

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 7:50 am

Randi,
I know I can’t believe it! Looking forward to lots of momma tips from you. :)

Sylvia @ LifeIsGoodWithFood September 23, 2010 at 7:45 pm

I lovee reading your blog – but you already know that ;) – and most of all, even though I don’t know you, I love you and the little HEABlet already!<33 You look absolutely beautiful for an expecting mother and that's saying something because if it was me, I would just let myself go and eat a ton of junk food. You and your husband will both be wonderful parents to the little HEABlet!<3 :)

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 7:52 am

Sylvia,
You’re going to be a glowing mama-to-be as well someday. You know how to eat well and as long as you keep doing that and listening to your body you won’t let yourself go. :)

Nicole September 23, 2010 at 7:52 pm

This post made me smile. I can’t wait to meet the HEABlet either. How weird is it that I feel like you’re a sister? lol It’s so funny how the blog world works!

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 7:53 am

Nicole, you’re so sweet – HEABlet can’t wait to meet you either. :)

BroccoliHut September 23, 2010 at 8:01 pm

I’ll be honest–I’ve always secretly coveted those baby food makers that you see in Williams Sonoma. I can’t wait until there’s a baby in the family (I wanna be an aunt!) so that I could make baby food. Is that weird?
Anyway, can’t wait to hear about Super Baby Food!

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 7:54 am

BroccoliHut,
Not weird at all – wish you were my sister. You could come over and make baby food anytime! :) I’ve heard about the baby food makers at Williams Sonoma, and if I didn’t have a Vita-Mix, I would have bought one already!

Allison September 23, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Love Super Baby Food – I used it wtih all three of my kids. With my first one I had some questions and emailed the author. And she actually emailed me back personally. Neat!

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 7:55 am

Allison,
Really? How cool. That speaks a lot of Ruth Yaron!

A Teenage Gourmet September 23, 2010 at 9:06 pm

Nashville is way too tempting! The sheer number of restaurants is the selling point for me. ;) I’m so glad that you and your baby girl are healthy. If you are still up for it, Sunday October 3rd will be the ideal popsicle day for me.

. . . And after typing the above note, I’ve checked the store’s hours. They are closed on both Sunday AND Monday (the only two days that I’ll be in Nashville!) *sigh*

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 7:58 am

Teenage Gourmet,
Oh right, I knew they were closed on Sunday but I forgot about Monday. Well, I’ll let you in on a little secret. The owner of Las Paletas is married to the owner of Fido, and his coffee shop carries the popsicles. So, if you’d like to meet up at Fido on Sunday, I’m there. Just let me know. :)

Claire September 23, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Heather, I am so thankful that you’ve shared your journey! I love reading your tips and cravings and knowing that I am not the only one experiencing these pregnancy quirks!

I’m 20 weeks now, and I find out the baby’s sex next Tuesday. We are so excited! I plan on making a gender cake ;) !

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 7:59 am

Claire,
Yay – please let me know when you find out…so exciting!!! :)

Gina G September 23, 2010 at 9:54 pm

it might sound crazy because i am only 18, but i love hearing about your experience and hearing about the Heablet! (It is probably because I am studying to be a nurse and want to go into the neonatal part of it :)
You and CD are going to be such wonderful parents, I just know it!

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 8:02 am

Gina G.
Thank you, and how cool you want to be a prenatal nurse. I still sometimes ponder going back to school for nursing. I just think nurses are amazing people.

Talia @ Texas Gunslinger September 23, 2010 at 10:03 pm

So glad you and your baby are healthy! Can’t wait to meet her! YAY:)

Annie@stronghealthyfit September 23, 2010 at 10:05 pm

What a sweet post :-) Can’t believe your baby is coming so soon! Best wishes with everything.

Melissa @ TryingToHeal September 23, 2010 at 11:21 pm

I am so glad you kept blogging even when you were not feeling well those first few months…but i’m so glad to hear it won’t stop you from doing it again! cause i’m sure CD wants a little boyyyyyy ;)

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 8:03 am

Melissa,
I think I want a boy more than CD does! I grew up with brothers and was such a tomboy…I think you might be able to relate? ;)

Melissa @ TryingToHeal September 24, 2010 at 3:46 pm

hehehe…most def. i think girls are too much maintenance. lol.

Moni'sMeals September 23, 2010 at 11:26 pm

Heather,
You are looking so good and I am super happy and excited for this new chapter of your life, it will be here in a blink of an eye. ;)

Heather (Heather's Dish) September 23, 2010 at 11:29 pm

you make it seem so exciting to be preggo :) i can’t wait til i’m there :)

Marina September 24, 2010 at 12:23 am

I actually feel honored that you let us follow you through pregnancy. Thank you for that :)
Can’t wait to meet your little baby :)

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 8:04 am

Marina,
You’re welcome. Thanks for reading. :)

Andrea September 24, 2010 at 12:53 am

I really hope you keep posting after you have your little one!! I’m anxious to see what kinds of things you feed her and all that stuff :) Of course I’m expecting as well (twins!) so it’s fun to follow along with another woman’s pregnancy. This one is so different from when I was pregnant with my daughter, so it’s like I’m learning all over again with you. Moral of the story: keep posting please! And I cant wait to meet your little girl :)

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 8:21 am

Andrea,
Will do. Twins…yeah, I I think that would definitely be a whole different sort of pregnancy! :)

Dea September 24, 2010 at 1:29 am

You’re so pretty!
My first trimester with #2 was hard, hard, hard. But the rest was good. It’s funny how you just forget the bad part. Also the good thing about this selective Mommy Memory, it works with labour, sleepless nights and testy toddlers! (you forget them all!)

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 8:24 am

Dea,
That’s what they say, and thank goodness, right? If not, there would probably be a lot more “only childs” out there! ;)

Tabitha September 24, 2010 at 3:14 am

It’s been a delight to follow you though this lovely time in your life, I’m so glad you stuck with the blog.

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 8:25 am

Thanks Tabitha. Me too. :)

Emily September 24, 2010 at 4:48 am

I’m glad to hear you plan to take a bit of a break when the HEABlet arrives! Anyone who doesn’t understand hasn’t had a baby before! I wouldn’t have wanted/been able to make any posts for at least two weeks, probably 4. Then I probably wouldn’t have begun posting regularly until 4-5 months. Of course all of us are different! I’m glad everything is going well and you look fantastic!

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 8:28 am

Thanks for the support Emily. Yeah, I’ve been told there isn’t much time for anything when that baby arrives. So, I’m sure posting is not going to be much of a priority, but I hope to check in with you guys whenever I can. :)

Carolyn September 24, 2010 at 5:24 am

I think we should rent out a centrally located Whole Foods and throw you a FOOD BLOG shower!! We could have a raw cake with cocoa bliss as frosting…and all your favorite grocery store foods from the fun places wrapped up in robbons and paper… That Heablet has enough onsies!! We need all momma’s favorites in a big pile on your kitchen counter instead of in the baby room… I know it would be your favorite gifts during these last few week! ;-) yum! Well probably a little unrealistic to pull that off but…

Make sure to make a trip or two to the hot/cold food bars now and sit around leisurely… for those weeks when you might not be able to sneak out of the house this winter!

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 8:30 am

Carolyn,
I would be happy with a counter full of Cacao Bliss and nothing else. Hehe…CD has just about finished off the entire jar!

Gena September 24, 2010 at 6:04 am

HEAB, you are such a radiant mama to be!

Tina September 24, 2010 at 6:12 am

So glad things are well!

Things are good in these parts too. A bit harder on my body this time around overall, but I’m still happy. And doing what I know works for me. :) Which I just wrote about in my last post. http://www.faithfitnessfun.com/4231/oh-no-she-didnt/

And you might surprise yourself with posting. I plan to keep posting regularly after the baby comes because I know it will be a much needed outlet for me. After my first was born, I went crazy feeling like all I was was a “booby bar” and wish I had a blog then to get things out. LOL

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 8:33 am

Tina,
Yeah, I think the blog will be a great outlet for me post baby. I would miss you guys way too much if I didn’t check in at least every so often. My friend who recently had a baby said she felt like a cow…perhaps I could rename the blog Heather Makes Milk. ;)

Kristin (Cook, Bake, Nibble) September 24, 2010 at 6:53 am

So glad to hear you are doing so well! I can’t believe it is already the third trimester, amazing how time goes by!

Those tacos sound AMAZING. Never tried a non traditional one, but I totally want to now!

xo
Kris

Scott in Ohio September 24, 2010 at 7:09 am

HEAB’s you are truly glowing. Your written words are reflected in your pictures.

I’m grateful for you, too. I always look forward to reading HEAB.

All the best to you and CD as your pregnancy comes to an end and your new life begins.

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 8:33 am

Scott,
Thanks as always. :)

Andrea (@ Puppy Dog Tales) September 24, 2010 at 7:46 am

Oh, you’ll love making your own baby food. I did it for a while with both boys and it was so nice and easy….and much cheaper than the pre-made kind. You’re making me want #3…and I’m so close to being diaper-free. Crap!

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 8:34 am

Andrea,
Hehe – sorry about that. :) And yes, can’t wait to make my own baby food. I know I’m going to have so much experimenting!

brandi September 24, 2010 at 8:03 am

I’m so happy to hear that you’re all doing good – I bet the HEABlet can’t wait to meet you two, either ;)

melissa @ the delicate place September 24, 2010 at 8:40 am

mmmmm lamb! might be my fave meat! i’m really glad you stuck it out too, i really enjoy reading your posts. i get so many good ideas for meal combos and am so happy for you both to become parents. the HEABlet is a lucky one!

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 6:31 pm

Melissa,
Lamb…I think I might have to agree with you. I love it, and whenever I see it on a restaurant’s menu, I order it, especially when it’s gyro style!

alyssa September 24, 2010 at 8:53 am

You look great! So excited for you!

Christina @ ilovefetacheese September 24, 2010 at 10:15 am

I agree with the poster above…you do look great!! I love nontraditional tacos…being from Texas, we love the change up tacos and interchange meats and dressings. My fav is tempura battered cod with a salsa mayo on top, on a corn tortilla with cabbage. yum!!! Have a good one!

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 6:30 pm

Christina,
I think I need to move to Texas. ;)

fartygirl September 24, 2010 at 10:53 am

I love how chill about this whole thing you are, HEABs! You’re like, I’m having a baby… no big deal… everything’s fine. Your calmness and peace is inspiring. :)

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 6:29 pm

Fartygirl,
Glad I come across as calm and peaceful…hehe, that’s not always the case here at our house. Definitely had a few freak out moments over the past few months, but trying to take it all in stride and just enjoy the calm while I can. :)

eatmovelove September 24, 2010 at 11:15 am

I think it’s phenomenal that you were willing to share this whole experience (thus far) with the blogging “community” – it’s a personal thing I’m sure! Your trust and faith in your readers is sincere.

It also made my heart break a little when you said that you and CD love her so much already…;)…I can’t even begin to imagine…

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) September 24, 2010 at 11:52 am

Glad to hear your doctor appointment went well! Can’t wait to meet the little HEABlet. :D

I love shrimp tacos and other fish, does that count as nontraditional? hehe

Jenn

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 6:28 pm

Jenn,
Sure, why not? Huge fan of fish tacos too. Mmm, so good with that white crema sauce, fresh lime juice, and cilantro! :)

Stacy @ Student of Healthy Living September 24, 2010 at 11:54 am

That taco gyro looks so yummy. I personally dislike how thick the pita that usually comes with a gyro, having it this way would be way better. I also much prefer turkey gyros, my tummy can handle it way better :)
Thank you for sharing and continuing to blog throughout your pregnancy :) Your continued positive outlook and calm throughout it has been very inspiring. Your baby girl is going to be amazing and have awesome parents!

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 6:26 pm

Thanks so much Stacy. :) Taco Mamacita also makes a turkey club taco…sounds right up your ally. I had it last time I went, and it was delicious!

Justine September 24, 2010 at 12:34 pm

Glad to hear your doctor had such lovely things to say about you! No wonder you get full so quickly- there is a baby on your stomach, ha. :)
Maybe you just need to dip into the almond butter pot a few more times throughout the day….

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 6:25 pm

Justine,
Yes, I think you’re right. Here’s to more almond butter dippin’. :)

Natalia - a side of simple September 24, 2010 at 12:51 pm

It’s good to hear you’re feeling much better. You both are going to make such great parents. I may have missed this, but do you have a theme for the nursery? Do post pictures when you set it up!?

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Hey Natalia,
We don’t have a specific theme per say, but we did pick out an animal print for the crib bedding: http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=167&f=4157. I love it! We’re keeping the room pretty gender neutral. Not a huge fan of pink walls myself. :)

homecookedem September 24, 2010 at 5:29 pm

I’ll never forget when I logged onto my computer on Mother’s Day morning and saw your post announcing your pregnancy!! It was RIGHT after I had my positive pregnancy test that same morning!! So cool how that worked out!! :) It’s been awesome to share our feelings and experiences with one another. I’m so glad that everything is looking healthy with you and the baby. She’ll be here soooooo soon!! :)

HEAB September 24, 2010 at 6:15 pm

Em,
I remember that too, and I was so happy to hear that you were pregnant as well. It’s been fun going through all of this together – agreed!

Wendy Heath September 24, 2010 at 7:49 pm

My best friend is expecting… she’s due on December 19th. I’m going to be her birth coach!! Her fiance is in Afghanistan, and we’re hoping he gets home on leave before the little one is born. My friend has been calling him Peanut until she figures out a name for him! So exciting…

PS- she had morning sickness too and practically lived off of ginger ale. So don’t sweat it!

HEAB September 25, 2010 at 6:19 am

Wendy, that is so cool you are going to be your friend’s birth coach! December 19th will be here before we know it…I wonder what the Peanut’s name is going to be? Please keep me posted. :)

Erika @ Food, Fitness, & Fun September 25, 2010 at 7:18 am

Glad everything is A-Okay with the HEABlet! :-)

Kelly September 26, 2010 at 2:00 pm

So glad you have had a good pregnancy. I have loved reading about your healthy pregnancy! My husband and I are trying right now and you have been an inspiration!

HEAB September 26, 2010 at 7:56 pm

Kelly,
Thanks so much and best of luck to your and your husband. So exciting. :)

Alisa September 26, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Awesome! So glad to hear it is going well Heather.

Susan September 28, 2010 at 9:01 am

I can’t believe how time is flying! You definitely have one lucky baby girl on your hands, She’s going to grow up in such a wonderful and loving home!! I must also say, that pregnancy looks good on you ;) And I can’t wait to hear the name you guys have picked out!

Ever since moving to Toronto I’ve been getting a lot of questions about where I see myself in the future. The only answer I have for them isn’t about where I want to be living or doing career-wise. I tell them my only long-term plan is to be a mom someday :) I feel so lucky to be able to come on this journey with you Heather! xo

HEAB September 28, 2010 at 10:11 am

Thanks so much Susan,
You’re going to be an amazing mama someday! :)