Guess How Much Mustard CD And I Can Eat

by HEAB on September 27, 2010

I’ve been up since 3:30 AM…hello 3rd trimester insomnia. So glad you could join me…now please go away. We got most of the nursery set-up done yesterday. My mom and I cleaned and organized while my dad and CD put together all the furniture. I promise to post photos when it’s all done, but I still have a few painting projects I want to finish first. After watching the opening to Sunday Night Football (a tradition in our house – CD loves Faith Hill. Hehe, so cute.), I was exhausted and fell asleep right away. However, when I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, I could not fall back asleep. My brain simply would not shut down, but hopefully, I can squeeze in a nap after my afternoon client today.

Anyway, I’ve been loving on lots of stir-fry lately…

Cabbage, kale, and basil stir-fried with bacon, mixed with mustard, and then topped with chopped avocado and goat cheese.

After working all day, I got dinner started while Chris finished watching the DVR’d Titans game. Lately, CD has been cooking dinner for the both of us, but I volunteered to do the chopping since he had worked non-stop all afternoon. This is what our stove-top looks like almost every night…

We usually cook the bulk of our veggies in the cast-iron skillet, while I also make myself a small skillet of kale and cabbage. Last night’s veggies were all cooked in butter, and then CD came in after the game was over to work his magic…which involved the following…

Yes, we bought an almost 7 pound container of mustard from Costco and busted into it earlier this week. It contains 595 servings of mustard. How long do you think it will take CD and I to finish it? Leave a date in the comments section below, and whomever guesses closest to the correct date will win something – perhaps some nut butter or maybe a batch of Oaties?

So, along with mustard, CD adds grass-fed finished beef and bacon to the veggies. There is something about that combo that is just so good!

Kale and cabbage topped with CD’s stir-fry. To my hubby: Thanks for all your hard work yesterday and for a yummy dinner!

It’s now 6:30 AM and time to walk to the pups. Hope you all have a good day!

Jessica @ How Sweet September 27, 2010 at 6:39 am

Hahaha! I am a huge mustard fan myself. I’m going to go with…. January 5th.

Alex September 27, 2010 at 6:44 am

Oh no! When I have sleeping problems, and my mind is super restless (which happens often) I take some L Tryptophan and Magnesium. The Magnesium I take is called “Natural Calm”-a lemon-flavored powder (unsweetened) that you add to water.

But Anyway…my mom and I LOVE mustard, too! I will eat it with almost anything. I think that you will finish it on…April 7th?

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 8:58 am

Alex,
I used to work for an alternative MD and we sold L-tryptophan. Our patients would go nuts if we ever ran out of it which was often. I have some Cal-Mag powder – love that stuff!

aubrey September 27, 2010 at 6:45 am

Im goin with late november..:) I love mustard;)

Hands in Namaste September 27, 2010 at 6:46 am

Was it bad that I was gonna say 2 weeks?? ;-) Hmmmm, maybe u will finish in 1 month – Oct 27

So excited to see the nursury!!

PS…check out my new blog post – It contains COOKIE Gelato ;-) from Como Lake

Sylvia @ LifeIsGoodWithFood September 27, 2010 at 6:55 am

Hmmm, well since you tend to do double the regular serving size (as all the nut butter jars have seen ;) ), that would be about 20 servings a day for you and CD… I give you about a month or so from today, October 28th ;)

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 9:00 am

Sylvia,
CD would be proud of your logical thought process. He always laughs at me whenever I try and guesstimate anything because I never think about my answer and usually just throw some random number out there.

Sylvia @ LifeIsGoodWithFood September 27, 2010 at 9:45 am

I’m actually as bad at it as you are, hehe. I always try to do math with my boyfriend around and he always makes fun of me because I usually can’t do simple math in my head… Says the actuary, lol. Amusing how we’re both with math geeks ;)

Justine September 27, 2010 at 6:59 am

I’ll guess with November 3rd…..
Sorry about your insomnia! That was happening to me a few weeks ago, and the only thing I had then energy to do was stay in bed and watch some television- and I’m not even pregnant. I hope you can get back on your regular sleep schedule soon. :)

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 9:01 am

Justine,
Me too – I’m sure I’ll catch up on sleep tonight. Never takes me long to get back on schedule.

Kiersten September 27, 2010 at 6:59 am

My guess is a month. I love mustard too. It’s such an awesome addition to sauces. I even put it on roasted potatoes sometimes.

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 9:01 am

Kiersten,
We do that too – why does ketchup always get all the love? ;)

Heather (Heather's Dish) September 27, 2010 at 7:00 am

oh my gosh, that’s a hilarious amount of mustard! i’m thinking you guys can finish that bad boy by the time I get to dallas on the 22nd (of october)!

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 9:09 am

Heather,
Ha – sounds like a challenge…I’m up for it! CD too. ;)

Meg September 27, 2010 at 7:03 am

HAHA holy mustard! I’ll go with December ;)

Sagan September 27, 2010 at 7:07 am

Grass-fed beef and bacon and veggies? TASTY!

That jar will be scraped clean by January 1st. You have three months. Go!

rachael September 27, 2010 at 7:11 am

I’ll go with Feb 3 2001:.

rachael September 27, 2010 at 7:11 am

that should have said 2011, my key stuck :)

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 9:10 am

Rachael,
Roger that. :)

Stefanie September 27, 2010 at 7:12 am

My guess is November 20 for finishing off the mustard. By that time you may be tired of the mustard though (hopefully not). Can’t wait to see the finished nursery. :)

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 9:10 am

Stefanie,
Never get tired of mustard! ;)

Paige @ Running Around Normal September 27, 2010 at 7:16 am

Ahh sorry about the insomnia. Boo :(

that is one LARGE container of mustard. My guess is January 27th.

By the way – I finally got a Vitamix from the hubby! Thanks for all the info you emailed me earlier :)

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 9:14 am

Paige,
So excited for you and your new blender – your hubby is a good man. :)

Lauren September 27, 2010 at 7:21 am

So sorry to hear about the insomnia. That’s never fun. Hope you start sleeping better soon!

I’m going to guess that you will be done by November 15th.

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday September 27, 2010 at 7:23 am

February 23, 2011.

MarathonVal September 27, 2010 at 7:31 am

Hmmmm….. how about by my half birthday on March 15 :)

Natalie September 27, 2010 at 7:31 am

That sounds pretty good! I”ll say Feb 6 ’11!

Sara September 27, 2010 at 7:31 am

November 26, 2010

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg September 27, 2010 at 7:37 am

LOL…this is the funniest challenge I’ve ever entered. I’m going long…February 15th? After a Valentine’s Day mustard binge?

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 9:15 am

Anna, have you no faith in our mustard eating abilities…I’m thinking a Thanksgiving mustard binge instead…although HEABlet might pop out yellow. ;)

claudia September 27, 2010 at 7:38 am

I say February 10, 2011!

Andrea (@ Puppy Dog Tales) September 27, 2010 at 7:47 am

I really need to remember to add bacon to my mixes like this. Why do I keep forgetting? Looks so good Heather!

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 9:15 am

Andrea,
I do not know…I NEVER forget the bacon. ;)

Katie F September 27, 2010 at 7:48 am

Oh no, insomnia is not good this late in the game – I hope a good rest time makes it into your afternoon.

I am going to say 3 months so December 27, I guess that you will be cleaning that huge can just after Christmas. :)

Sarah R September 27, 2010 at 7:58 am

Wow. That’s some serious mustard. I’ll bet it’s gone by the time the little one arrives. For a more specific date, lets shoot for: Nov. 2

melissa @ the delicate place September 27, 2010 at 8:02 am

hahaha i think most men probably love faith hill ;) i guess it will take you two 3 and a smidge months to eat that jug! sooooo January 17th you will run out!

hope you get some zzzzz’s!

sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) September 27, 2010 at 8:05 am

Ugh, sorry about the insomnia. That part really stinks. Even worse that it leads up to even less sleep when the little one arrives. Your dinner looks delicious and yeah, we are a mustard loving family here too! Have a great day Heather and I hope you get a little more rest in!

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 9:17 am

Sarena,
You know it’s your fault I couldn’t sleep. Finally just got up and made myself what I was dreaming about…a bowl of pb oatmeal cookie oats with chocolate hemp fudge. So good…even at 5 AM! :)

kyla September 27, 2010 at 8:07 am

I’m going to guess…January 27

Evan Thomas September 27, 2010 at 8:18 am

My guess is October 18th

Little Bookworm September 27, 2010 at 8:20 am

Sorry about the insomnia! Hmmm, as for the mustard I guess..January? :)

eatmovelove September 27, 2010 at 8:24 am

My first reaction when I read the title was – “Not as much as me”…;) – clearly I love mustard. And I buy French’s too! Never seen a “jar” that big though! Love it. I’d be all over that.

Um, I’m giving the Mustard roughly 3-4 months…so Jan.31rst, 2011 ;) . Y’know just in case in you get in another phase – on like a Ketchup kick or something ;)

Hope you got some sleep! By the way – is this your parent’s first Grandchild?

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 9:18 am

Eatmovelove,
Yep, first grandchild on both sides…that little girl is going to be so loved!

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete September 27, 2010 at 8:25 am

Well, that much mustard would last me YEARS — but I’m going with March 2011.

You know I questioned CD’s cooking UNTIL I tried his almond butter chili last night. Now, mustard + beef + bacon + veggies sounds amazing :)

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 9:18 am

Holly,
I’ve learned to never question CD’s cooking…mine, on the other hand? Not so much. ;)

Felicia September 27, 2010 at 8:29 am

December 21st! Love all the veggies, can’t wait to see the nursery!

Heather September 27, 2010 at 8:29 am

That stir-fry dish looks Ahhhhmazing! As far as my mustard guess? I give you two till the end of the year…December 31, 2010.

Susan September 27, 2010 at 8:30 am

We used those sized containers when I was a waitress! I guess December 18 2010.

mama September 27, 2010 at 8:40 am

I’m guessing December 4th! I made one of your stir fry concoctions yesterday and the bacon really was the star ingredient!! Thanks

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 9:19 am

Mama,
You’re welcome. Glad you enjoyed! :)

Christin L. September 27, 2010 at 8:49 am

Let’s say November 15th! :)

Kim September 27, 2010 at 8:52 am

I’m going 11 months! :)

Maya September 27, 2010 at 9:04 am

I’m going to go with November 20!

Insomnia is the worst, at least it seems like you have a flexible schedule. Maybe the heablet is trying to train you for the strange sleep patterns to come when she’s born? Hope you’re a good napper!

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 9:21 am

Maya,
Thankfully, I am a good napper, and I hear that’s why a lot of pregnant women have trouble sleeping. Their bodies are getting prepared for 3 AM feeding calls. OK, I’m prepared now…hoping to sleep better tonight!

Namaste Gurl September 27, 2010 at 9:09 am

Awwwh, I hope you feel better soon– No sleep is NO fun…I am not one happy camper when I don’t get at least 8 hours of sleep (weird, huh?)

As for the mustard, I eat a lot of that, too– dijon for that matter, my favorite :)

If you eat mustard as much as nut butters, then maybe December 20? That’s a BIG carton of it!

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 9:22 am

Namaste,
Not weird at all. CD and I need a lot of sleep to function, and I know we won’t get much after the baby. So, I am trying to rest as much as I possibly can these days.

BethT September 27, 2010 at 9:11 am

Right there with you on the insomnia. UGH. I can’t think positively that it’s my body prepping me for the baby, because when she’s here I’ll have something to DO at 3 a.m. Right now all I can do is watch Law & Order reruns!

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 9:22 am

BethT,
I feel your pain. I’m sure getting up to hold a baby will be much more exciting than getting up to pee and check email. :)

Ariel September 27, 2010 at 9:15 am

Hmm, I guess January 10th! I love mustard, too– I have it on salads all the time.

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 9:23 am

Ariel,
Yes, hummus makes the best salad dressing, especially when mixed with hummus and a little water to thin. My favorite!

Ariel September 27, 2010 at 9:30 am

Yum, I will definitely be trying that for dinner sometime soon!

Natalie September 27, 2010 at 9:21 am

That is a bunch of mustard.. my guess is about 4 months. So that puts it GONE around January 27th (end of January) 2011! :)

grocery goddess jen September 27, 2010 at 9:36 am

I think on January 15th, the mustard will be gone! What a fun & funny contest :)

Katirie September 27, 2010 at 9:37 am

Hmm, I guess Halloween (Oct 31). I think that it would take me about 5 years to get through that much mustard though!

Lauren @ WWoB September 27, 2010 at 9:40 am

Halloween would be insanneee! I hope yall dont finish it by then! I am gonna guess Jan 4th :)

Carbzilla September 27, 2010 at 9:55 am

Does it expire? I’m guessing February 14th!

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 5:12 pm

Carbzilla, yes it does, on April 4…it will definitely be gone by then! :)

Amanda September 27, 2010 at 10:06 am

I’m guessing December 9th!

Gavi @ GaviGetsGoing! September 27, 2010 at 10:09 am

Hmmm…I’ll bet you guys are eating between 5-6 servings a day, which means that it will take you about 100 days to finish it. I guess that puts you at about…hmmm…January 12th. I’m going to go with that!

Kristina @ spabettie September 27, 2010 at 10:11 am

I think you’ll be needing a new jar of mustard in… mid November. right around the 18th.

that stir fry looks fabulous… I may have to add mustard to mine… we both love it here!

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 5:13 pm

Kristina,
Yes…I think I will definitely be craving lots of mustard on the 18th. Think the hospital would notice if I snuck in that big container? ;)

Kristina @ spabettie September 27, 2010 at 6:13 pm

is the 18th *THE* day?? I figured it was close and that was my reasoning… CRAVINGS of mustard will make that jar go FAST ! :)

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 8:20 pm

Kristina,
Yep, November 18 is my due date. :)

Denise September 27, 2010 at 10:13 am

Ha! Enough musturd to kill a dog!

I’m gonna say 02/14/11

That averages to 2 servings per person per day…

Very interesting to see the outcome!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 27, 2010 at 10:24 am

Wowsa that’s a huge container of mustard!!! I’ll guess by Janurary 1st it’ll be gone. :P

Clare @ Fittingitallin September 27, 2010 at 10:25 am

I’ll guess January 8, 2011.
LOVE mustard but usually stick to a spicy brown kind

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 5:14 pm

Clare,
Love the spicy brown. Too bad they don’t sell it in bulk at Costco. :(

Therese September 27, 2010 at 10:29 am

Mmmm mustard. I’m on a Dijon kick myself. I’m guessing it’ll be finished by December 31, 2010. You’ll buy a new jar for the new year!

Sami September 27, 2010 at 10:31 am

JUST so you know, I saw AVOCADO at the store 10/$10 andddd bought some! I remembered telling you that I always seem to forget them, but thought you would be proud of my remembering ;) Haha.

I think you’ll be through the mustard by November 22nd.

XO.

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 5:15 pm

Sami,
Yes, very proud. :)

Emma September 27, 2010 at 10:41 am

Oh my girlie! I just came across your blog and it’s fab…amazing before and after pics and congratulations on the pregnancy :-) Yey to the bump! x x

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 5:15 pm

Emma,
Thanks so much for reading – glad you found me. :)

Stephanie September 27, 2010 at 10:59 am

That stirfry looked great! I have never added mustard before what a great idea! I say it will be gone by November 7th!

Ellen September 27, 2010 at 11:06 am

I’m guessing January 20th! I think that’s definitely reasonable :)

caronae September 27, 2010 at 11:12 am

I’m guessing it will be finished on January 27th, 2011. :)

Shelby September 27, 2010 at 11:19 am

I love mustard too! (: I’m going to go with December 14th.

Katie September 27, 2010 at 11:19 am

This is a totally unfair question, because there are so many unknown variables. I mean, is this your only mustard? :)

If you are anything like me, I would say that it will be about 2 months. I’m going with Nov 29th.

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 5:16 pm

Katie,
Yes, we’re down to the Costco sized container as I wanted to finish off all of our other mustards before opening it. I need to follow your lead and add some different spices to it…I’m thinking curry!

Katie September 27, 2010 at 5:52 pm

I’ve done curry mustard, and it is fantastic!

Alyssa September 27, 2010 at 11:29 am

I’m betting on 17 days :-) That would be October 14th. Good luck! Pace yourselves!

<3 Alyssa

Amisha September 27, 2010 at 11:35 am

I say Jan 31, 2011! That is plenty of time.

Gina Guerra September 27, 2010 at 11:37 am

My guess is October 21st, 2010! :)

jacobc September 27, 2010 at 11:53 am

WOAH! That is like for a restaurant size..
I’ll guess 7/31/11,
I might get through one that big before i die, haha- Now honey mustard sauce is a staple!!
Gave my mom your number, she wants to try a massage therapist for some pain from running..so you will be getting a call soon..

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 5:17 pm

JacobC,
Yes, I spoke with your mom this morning – she was so sweet. I hope massage helps her. I think it will!

Raychel September 27, 2010 at 11:53 am

Ok, I’m going to guess November 23

jacobc September 27, 2010 at 11:58 am

ugh oh, i didn’t read some of the other date guesses until AFTER i guessed, i’m having a feeling you are much more into mustard than i thought! ha

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Jacob,
Yeah, we have a bit of a mustard addiction here at house. ;)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) September 27, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Omg we are on a psychic wavelength…
The choc pie
The stir fry. I just posted a couple days ago about them!

And the mustard. I kid you not, did a big post on finding this certain kind of mustard that I had been looking for, for 10 years!!!! and i found it, relabeled under a new name as the “grocery store brand” at my San Diego grocer. Had been 10 yrs since living in Chicago that I had this mustard but when I saw it, I knew it was the same…it’s kinda like Beaver brand sweet/hot but it’s even better…if you want a link, lmk. I wont link drop on ya. But I think you would adore it. Even better, I’ll send you some :)

I heart my mustard!

Oh and French’s yellow, old school, I have always loved. And have posted on just eating it straight up, like a tbsp at a time, on crackers. On EACH cracker. I can seriously eat my weight in mustard. Nothing like a good sinus clearing…LOL

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 5:19 pm

Averie,
What’s the name of the mustard from Chicago? Perhaps I can find it here in Nashville!

nicole September 27, 2010 at 12:14 pm

I think you’ll be done with it by Christmas. Yellow mustard is something you can add spices to to give it more of a “gourmet” type flavor-add honey to cut the tang, etc.
I hope you are able to take a nap today. I read somewhere that if you can’t sleep, try imagining yourself sleeping and pick one yoga mantra to chant to yourself. This sounds corny but it actually works for me….but it depends on if I’m home alone or not. When I’m home alone, I can’t sleep out of fear that something will happen in the middle of the night. My neighbor gave me some Melatonin which has worked for me as well. I’m not sure if it’s good for you though so I try not to take it unless I absolutely am desperate.

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 5:22 pm

Nicole,
Yes, I know another blogger that spices up her yellow mustard – I so need to try that. Melatonin is perfectly safe from what I understand. We used to sell it at the doctor’s office where I worked, but I like the idea of the yoga mantra even more. Will try that if I continue to have trouble. Thanks! :)

Abbey September 27, 2010 at 12:20 pm

I am going with June 2011. If it were me, and it were dijon, I would have it polished off by January. Love me some mustard.

Steph September 27, 2010 at 12:40 pm

October 23, 2010

Tracy September 27, 2010 at 12:54 pm

I love mustard, too! I used instead of or with ketchup everywhere. I love it as a dip for raw veg alongside some hummus.

I’m giving you about 6 weeks: November 8?

Carolyn September 27, 2010 at 1:09 pm

7 lbs no ounces… i think you will finish it on November 18th..

VEGirl September 27, 2010 at 1:11 pm

How about January 15th? I actually did some equations ;)
One jar of cacao bliss, please! Just Kidding!!! JK!!

Ohh, can’t wait to see the nursery!
VEGirl

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 5:27 pm

VEGirl,
Hehe – if I could buy cacao bliss in Nashville, I would so send the winner a jar!

Ashley S September 27, 2010 at 1:14 pm

I’m going to vote for Jan 15th!

Diana (Soap & Chocolate) September 27, 2010 at 1:22 pm

What lovely Williams & Sonoma dish towels you have. Apparently HEAB raided my kitchen! ;)

I’ll say it’ll take you until Valentine’s Day 2011 to finish that mustard…on which day you shall celebrate your love…for mustard.

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Diana,
You have good taste in dish towels. :)

Megan September 27, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Gotta love Costco ginormous portions! I’d say March 27, 2011. You’ll have less time for mustard consumption once the HEABlet arrives :)

Melissa @ TryingToHeal September 27, 2010 at 2:01 pm

i give it 45 days…sooo…nov 11!!!

AllieNic (Frisky Lemon) September 27, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Ha! You two buy mustard like Mike and I buy Franks Red Hot!! Love it!

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) September 27, 2010 at 2:16 pm

That stir fry topped with avocado looks SO good!

That’s a big mustard! I’ll guess it will be empty by January 31st, 2011. :)

I LOVE mustard too, but the sodium gets me if I am not careful. I actually bought a pound of dry mustard and plan to make my own soon. Hope it goes well, LOL.Mustard tastes good on just about everything; I think it’s a love it or hate it condiment!

Jenn

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 5:29 pm

Jenn,
Have you ever tried the Westbrae brand salt free mustard? I love it…too bad they don’t sell it in bulk at Costco. :(

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) September 27, 2010 at 5:56 pm

Yes! I love their no salt added mustard, I buy 2 or 3 bottles at a time, lol! Wish they made a yellow mustard version, that would be awesome. It doesn’t taste any differently than salt added mustards, makes you wonder what else doesn’t need astronomical amounts of sodium, huh? :D

Mustard love: http://www.j3nn.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/cabinets_1_aug20.jpg

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 8:20 pm

Jenn,
I agree – it tastes just as good as the salted version. No need for all that sodium!

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) September 27, 2010 at 2:18 pm

By the way, if it doesn’t disturb your sleep or you know foods that won’t, try eating a snack before bed. Sometimes we wake up prematurely if we’re hungry. Maybe cottage cheese or almond butter and crackers, something simple. :)

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 5:30 pm

Jenn,
Yes, agreed. I think that’s one reason I could not get back to sleep last night…so I finally just got up and ate a big bowl of oat bran. Totally hit the spot!

gigi September 27, 2010 at 2:23 pm

I’m a spicy mustard fan myself, love it on veggies!
I’m guessing December 10th :)

Amy September 27, 2010 at 2:34 pm

I think… October 25th :)

Christina September 27, 2010 at 2:40 pm

My vote is going for February 4th as the day you use up the last of the mustard!

Ana September 27, 2010 at 2:42 pm

That is a lot of mustard!! But I see how it can be easily consumed, both me and my husband also love mustard around here. He likes the same as you guys, I am more a dijon mustard gal.
I am going for March 6th, 2011 for the end of the tub!

Maren September 27, 2010 at 2:43 pm

over 500 servings of yellow mustard? I don’t know I’m going to give you loads of time and say May 5th!

Lauren September 27, 2010 at 2:44 pm

I am going to guess February 24, 2011! Enjoy! :)

alain September 27, 2010 at 3:04 pm

I loved skimming through everyone else’s guesses. That’s a big range of dates right there! I’m going to say November 28!

S @ extremebalance.net/blog September 27, 2010 at 3:16 pm

All I thought when I saw this was, “oh no! Does that mean they’re only going to eat ONE KIND of mustard until it’s done??” Because I could kill 7lbs of mustard myself in a pretty short period of time, but it’s got to be spread across Dijon, horseradish, honey, white wine and-, etc etc etc. But *just* French’s original mustard? Can I send you something with a little more personality? :)

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 5:37 pm

S,
Will gladly take mustard donations. :) However, I am planning on spicing up the French’s with some different ingredients. I’m thinking curry!

Monica September 27, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Haha, that mustard container in no joke! I bet your daughter will have memories of ample mustard use throughout her younger years. ;)

Donna Porter September 27, 2010 at 3:41 pm

Well, if you love mustard as much as me, I’ll guess by Friday? LOL I’m kidding. Maybe the week of Thanksgiving?

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Donna,
I like the way you think…and eat. ;)

Josie September 27, 2010 at 4:20 pm

April 27, 2011!

Rachael September 27, 2010 at 5:04 pm

I’ve never eaten mustard (I attribute my phobia to some childhood trauma so traumatic that I can’t remember it), but it sounds like you go through the stuff at the rate I go through apple cider vinegar. I’m drinking the stuff no – no more pretenses about putting it on stuff. Hardcore.
Insomnia’s a nightmare (or rather, the lack of one?) – I’m definitely empathetic, but I guess you can figure that your body is getting you ready for what’s ahead!

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 5:39 pm

Rachael,
My mom swears by apple cider vinegar and makes me drink it whenever I start feeling sick. I actually like the taste of it straight-up. :)

Yin September 27, 2010 at 5:32 pm

Oh this is a hard guess! I’ve never seen a mustard bottle that big…then again, I haven’t been to Costco in years :( I’m going to say February 8, 2011! :)

tray September 27, 2010 at 6:22 pm

ANOTHER MUSTARD FANATIC LIKE ME!!!! well, if i can down 24 oz in 4-5 days…..then i’m guessing you’ll be scraping the bottom of this can in 3 weeks?

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 8:27 pm

Tray,
Wow, impressive…you’re my new hero. ;)

Tricia September 27, 2010 at 6:41 pm

I’m going with October 4th!

Melissa Miller September 27, 2010 at 6:55 pm

Mustard has turmeric…thats supposed to be real good for us.

Now…assuming your prego-tastes don’t turn you away from the stuff, I’m putting my blogopoly money on…hmm..December 5th.

~Missy

Annie@stronghealthyfit September 27, 2010 at 7:23 pm

That first picture of stir-fry looks awesome!! Even the bacon and I don’t eat that ever.

Emily September 27, 2010 at 7:27 pm

That stir-fry looks delicious! That definitely has inspired me to try mustard in my next one. Kale and goat cheese are such a great combo – this morning I sauteed thick portabella mushroom slices & chopped onion in butter & olive oil, then scrambled in some eggs, put it all over sauteed kale and topped with goat cheese. I love warm, creamy goat cheese – mmm – it’s the little things in life. :)

When I was pregnant, for some reason I LOVED French’s yellow mustard (whereas before I wanted spicy/deli/honey etc). Funny. Of course I put it on hot dogs and burgers in my first trimester. I was convinced I was having a boy (wrong) due to all the “all-american” football food cravings (I even learned how to make gluten free corn dogs because I HAD to have one). I’ll pass on eating the hot dogs now, but I definitely plan to eat the mustard again and try copying CD’s stir-fry! Yum!

Sorry for the long post! I’m going to say that you’ll use up the mustard by Jan 21st.

I hope you are able to get some rest tonight!

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 8:26 pm

Thanks Emily,
I’m about to go to bed, and I’m planning on sleeping like a baby – so tired! I totally craved hot dogs with mustard throughout my first trimester as did all my friends who had girls. All of them!

Jan September 27, 2010 at 7:50 pm

My guess for the mustard debate is November 12 :)

nicole September 27, 2010 at 7:52 pm

45 days!

BroccoliHut September 27, 2010 at 7:53 pm

So you and CD are mustard people. I knew I liked you guys.

Kelly September 27, 2010 at 7:54 pm

My guess is 1 month! Oh, I saw a recipe on Pantry Bites website for wheat-free sweet potato pound cake that I think you would love! She uses coconut flour and eggs and a bit of butter.

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 8:21 pm

Kelly,
Um, yes I would love that recipe. Thanks for the heads up! :)

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 8:24 pm

Kelly,
P.S. Just found the recipe – oh my gosh, right up my ally! Can’t wait to make it. :)

catherine September 27, 2010 at 8:20 pm

hmmm… mustard usage. this sounds like my love for pickles, which i find excuses to eat on everything. i’m going to say my birthday, december 4th – giving you time to get through the pre-baby and post-partum cravings that only mustard can satisfy.

also, that is a dang good looking stirfry, and i think i need to start emulating these mixes, stat.

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 8:23 pm

Catherine,
Yes you do – we love stir-fry, mustard, AND pickles around here. Here’s to December 4th! ;)

Alisa September 27, 2010 at 8:30 pm

Holy cow, that’s a big thing of mustard!! You’re going to love a guest post I have on GDF coming up in October!

HEAB September 27, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Alisa,
Let me guess…from Katie? That girl loves mustard like no one else! ;)

Alisa September 27, 2010 at 8:56 pm

Ah, too obvious? :)

HEAB September 28, 2010 at 8:09 am

Well, Katie did mention her upcoming guest post to me, but I think I would’ve known it was her anyway. Hehe. ;)

Paula September 27, 2010 at 10:09 pm

I love mustard too. Lately, I can’t get enough of the seeded mustard on tempeh and veggies and tofu. I’m going to guess December 5th :)

Teri September 27, 2010 at 10:12 pm

April 17, 2011 :)

clare September 27, 2010 at 10:15 pm

october 5

Mandy September 27, 2010 at 11:11 pm

November 24th ;)

laura t. September 27, 2010 at 11:15 pm

hmm im gonna go with november 12th! seem like it will go pretty quickly…

Rika September 28, 2010 at 1:09 am

I’ll go with May 4th!

Marty September 28, 2010 at 2:56 am

Wow, that’s a tricky one! My first instinct is a month, and I think I’m gonna stick with that choice. I too have not seen a jug of mustard like that, but we dint have Costco here either. I love to dip raw carrot sticks in mustard, any kind, yellow or particularly ground mustard seed mustard. I’ve actually been known to eat it by the spoonfuls! I used to drink vinegar by the shot glassfull as a kid! I think you need to come up with a mustard cookie or bisquit or cornbread recipe?!!! Ok, ok, just got carried away there with mustard… ;-D

HEAB September 28, 2010 at 8:10 am

Marty,
Mustard cornbread…I like it! :)

Scott in Ohio September 28, 2010 at 6:59 am

A contest that involves numbers? I’m in.

Assuming a serving size is a teaspoon and y’all use a TBS each per day, that winds up being…

595/3/2=198 days

95 days left this year. 103 days into 2011 is April 13th.

That’s my guess. ;-)

Have a great one!

Charlotte September 28, 2010 at 7:52 am

March 22nd!

Rachel (tea and chocolate) September 28, 2010 at 8:58 am

December 25! Clearly I have Christmas on my mind…

HEAB September 28, 2010 at 10:17 am

Rachel,
It will be here before we know it!

Cake Betch September 28, 2010 at 8:59 am

I’m going with January 1st.

Maddie C September 28, 2010 at 9:02 am

just got a costco membership and am in heaven! HEAVEN! i have a goat cheese obsession and costco is my go to.

hmm for the mustard, im going to have to say january 25 2011 :)

HEAB September 28, 2010 at 10:17 am

Maddie,
From one fellow goat cheese lover to another, thank goodness for Costco, no?!? ;)

Lauren September 28, 2010 at 9:11 am

My guess – December 12th. Cause I love mustard as well and can plow through some :)

Taylor September 28, 2010 at 9:12 am

February 23 2011!

(my half-birthday. :] )

Jess September 28, 2010 at 9:21 am

December 28th!

EmGrover September 28, 2010 at 9:24 am

January 1, 2011, that way you can start the new year with a new jug of mustard, haha

Jennifer@ knackfornutrition September 28, 2010 at 9:24 am

November 28th!

Danielle September 28, 2010 at 9:26 am

December 12th!

Monica September 28, 2010 at 9:29 am

My guess is October 31st!

Eliza September 28, 2010 at 9:35 am

hmmm, my guess is that you guys will finish it by October 24th! :)

xx

Dani September 28, 2010 at 9:40 am

January 7th

Marcia September 28, 2010 at 9:45 am

I vote 222 days.

Oh, the third trimester insomnia. I remember that. I had insomnia 1st and 3rd trimesters. It was awful. From 2 am to 4 am, almost every night.

You have my sympathy. But you will be used to it when the baby comes at least.

HEAB September 28, 2010 at 10:16 am

Marcia,
Me too, although mine was so much worse in the 1st trimester. Nauseous and not enough sleep = misery. At least I don’t feel like throwing up all day long now!

Tay September 28, 2010 at 9:46 am

Hmm well there’s 2 of you, and lots of servings of mustard used…I’m guessing….December 30th.

Katie September 28, 2010 at 9:53 am

Well….I figure with the holidays, you will probably be using more than usual….I say January 4th.

Jen September 28, 2010 at 10:20 am

For the drawing…I vote the mustard will be gone by Feb 14, 2011. BTW, mustard is a great ingredient for homemade vinaigrette dressings – easy and healthy!

Hannah Bowman September 28, 2010 at 10:26 am

LOVE your blog! :)
And my guess is Nov. 11th!

Karen September 28, 2010 at 10:26 am

Wow, that is a lot of mustard… Still, if it your fave and given that you are preggo – ummm let’s go with Christmas Day – December 25.

When you get a chance try “Stadium mustard” – we get it in Ohio, they use it at the stadium where the Buckeyes play. I looooove it!

Maybe you could do a post about your fave ways to use mustard.

Enjoy your pregnancy – you are just so lovely with your preggo glow.

Karen

Rachel Seff September 28, 2010 at 10:53 am

I love mustard! That jar is awesome. I’m going to guess December 13!

Allison W. September 28, 2010 at 10:59 am

I’m guessing December 17th!

Whitney September 28, 2010 at 11:01 am

I love guessing games! I am going to go with February 2nd!

Emily September 28, 2010 at 11:02 am

My guess is December 15th solely because it’s my niece’s 3rd birthday ;)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) September 28, 2010 at 11:53 am

My guess is by Dec 1st!

Colleen September 28, 2010 at 12:01 pm

I would guess April 15, 2011.

Ida September 28, 2010 at 12:08 pm

I’ll guess 10/31.

Tonya September 28, 2010 at 12:30 pm

December 22

Bess @ Bess Be Fit September 28, 2010 at 12:58 pm

November 19, 2011! I’d sure loveeeee some nut butter! :)

Emily September 28, 2010 at 12:59 pm

The stir-fry’s you and CD make always make me craaave some veggies! I am going to guess that you guys and that mustard will last until abooout November 10th :O Good luck!

Lea @ Healthy Coconut September 28, 2010 at 1:08 pm

I would guess 3 months from today, by end of the year, Dec 31.

I am thinking 595 servings, approx 6 servings a day for the both of you, divided 30 days in a month = 3 months.

I know what normal mustard serving is, but I don’t know yours and CD’s NORMAL mustard serving is, lol!

Brandy September 28, 2010 at 1:28 pm

December 23, 2010 ;)

Laura September 28, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Love your blog- brings a smile to my face. I’m guessing November 4th!

HEAB September 28, 2010 at 1:32 pm

Laura,
Thanks for reading! :)

Shauna September 28, 2010 at 1:36 pm

My goodness you’re a popular lady. I’ll go with Dec. 17! Ginger Wasabi is my favorite mustard!

Lauren September 28, 2010 at 1:56 pm

I vote December 2nd!

Vegaholic September 28, 2010 at 1:56 pm

That’s a lot of mustard! – Yum! I’m gonna say you’ll have it finished by Dec. 28.

Nina September 28, 2010 at 2:22 pm

hmm..id have to say december 31st!

esther you September 28, 2010 at 2:28 pm

I’m gonna guess november 28th!

Laura September 28, 2010 at 2:49 pm

I’m going to say January 8th cause that’s when I depart for London!

HEAB September 28, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Laura,
Are you going to study abroad in London? I spent my junior year there and loved every minute of it. Definitely one of the best experiences of my life!

Laura September 28, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Yes I am!! (well..hopefully!)
I have already applied I’m just waiting for a decision. It’s UConn in London so it’s taught by all UConn faculty but we do community service work around the city. I really can’t wait…and it’s my junior year too!!

HEAB September 29, 2010 at 5:51 am

Best of luck Laura – I have a feeling you’ll be going, and you’re going to have an amazing time! :)

Emma September 28, 2010 at 3:16 pm

I’m gonna go with… November 30th. Love mustard! And your blog :)

HEAB September 28, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Emma,
Thanks for loving HEAB. :)

Kaleigh September 28, 2010 at 3:20 pm

What a fun contest!! My guess is March 3rd :)

Monica September 28, 2010 at 3:35 pm

I’m going to guess that you two (maybe the HEABlet?) two months to finish that jar, so by November 27th or 2010!

Natalia - a side of simple September 28, 2010 at 3:39 pm

This post is too good (minus your insomnia- sorry about that). I’m going to go with November 25. Whip it out for Thanksgiving!
Ps. Do they sell that size in Ketchup? Oh my heart!

HEAB September 28, 2010 at 8:01 pm

Natalia,
Yes, they do sell ketchup in bulk at Costco, and I think mustard pairs quite well with turkey. ;)

Elizabeth Bennetts September 28, 2010 at 3:44 pm

I’m going to say…. March 3

Sandi September 28, 2010 at 4:03 pm

December 21, 2011! Am I totally underestimating you guys? :D
Enjoy the mustard!

HEAB September 28, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Sandi,
Maybe a little. ;)

Ann Claire September 28, 2010 at 4:05 pm

I suspect y’all will polish off the mustard on December 24th…Christmas Eve.

ann September 28, 2010 at 4:14 pm

I say 12/14. Way to go-I love mustard too.

Katie September 28, 2010 at 4:44 pm

December 16th…If i had that much mustard on hand, I think I’d be sick! Good luck on that!

Erin September 28, 2010 at 5:11 pm

I v ote for December 3rd.

Halley September 28, 2010 at 5:38 pm

LOL that mustard is hilarious. It’s smart though. I should consider buying ketchup in bulk, we go through it at exorbitant rates!

kelli September 28, 2010 at 5:50 pm

NOVEMBER 7TH!

I do not eat mustard so it’s just a guess :P

Sarah B September 28, 2010 at 5:57 pm

DECEMBER 20th. Enough time to get it all down, even with a few tablespoons a day :)

Mandy September 28, 2010 at 6:16 pm

I’ll admit, I whipped out the calculator to estimate an average. Since you’ve already busted into the jar of golden goodness, I reduced it a bit.

I’m sure there will be somedays teaspoons will be used… and other days ice cream scoopers will be the serving utensil of choice… (Hmm… speaking of ice cream… mustard-flavored protein ice cream? Or honey-mustard? Oh good gracious… we’ve seen stranger, no?) ;-)

But for the sake of calculating love, I’ll venture a guess: December 27. Yes? Yes. :-)

Take care my dear… You have been so well for these past months!

HEAB September 28, 2010 at 8:04 pm

Mandy,
You’re so funny. Never thought of adding mustard to my ice-cream, but yeah, I’ve seen stranger. ;)

britannie September 28, 2010 at 6:22 pm

I’m gonna guess it’ll be gone by March 1st 2011!

Tracy September 28, 2010 at 6:47 pm

I’m guessing January 26

Jessica September 28, 2010 at 6:58 pm

Hmm, I will say by Thanksgiving it could be gone. Though, that is a tone of mustard

Alison (Fueling for Fitness) September 28, 2010 at 7:03 pm

I love mustard so much, it’s kind of embarrassing. My guess will be what I guess it will take me alone to eat – minus some time since it will be you and CD. Therefore, I am guessing…. 1.5 months? So, November 12ish. :)

HEAB September 28, 2010 at 8:05 pm

Alison,
Yeah, that sounds about right to me. :)

Christine September 28, 2010 at 7:08 pm

I’m hoping October 31st. The sooner the mustard is gone, the sooner some lucky person will win that jar!

Stacey September 28, 2010 at 7:42 pm

If you like mustard as much as I do, I’d have to guess 12/13/10

Nessy September 28, 2010 at 7:44 pm

That’s one big container of mustard! I’m guessing maybe December 10th?

Jae September 28, 2010 at 7:46 pm

November 22 2010

Kristen @ Kristen, Sweetly September 28, 2010 at 7:57 pm

November 6th! I definitely didn’t calculate. ;-) I tried… but then I decided I liked this date.

Tara September 28, 2010 at 8:07 pm

December 12th. Totally random.

Lauren September 28, 2010 at 8:29 pm

I would guess a year from now, so Sept. 28, 2011 :) That is a LOT of mustard!

Cynthia (It All Changes) September 28, 2010 at 8:33 pm

I am guessing November 22. Just sounds like a good day!

Lexis September 28, 2010 at 8:36 pm

November 11, 2010

MaryZ September 28, 2010 at 8:56 pm

WOW! That is a lot of mustard! I eat a ton of the yellow stuff too. My guess would be November 27-that’s 2 months.

Tracy September 28, 2010 at 9:24 pm

I love mustard, too! I eat a mustard/hummus sandwich everyday for lunch. Delicious!! November 19 is my guess.

Marie September 28, 2010 at 9:25 pm

January 1, 2011 – mmmm, mustard!!

Shirley September 28, 2010 at 11:04 pm

Well, since it’s the two of you and a serving is a teaspoon and I definitely eat more than a teaspoon per serving…I’m going to guess 50 days (assuming you guys eat it everyday). November 16th (my birthday :D )!

Runeatrepeat September 28, 2010 at 11:59 pm

If you go through mustard as fast as I go through ketchup I’d give it 2 months. My guess is Nov. 28 :)

Lili September 29, 2010 at 12:30 am

mmm…. I am going to guess December 2nd. :)

Ezzie September 29, 2010 at 12:38 am

I’m gonna guess that you’ll finish it in about two months or so, so sometime around late November? (: I loveee mustard as well; it’s so good I don’t even pay attention to ketchup! :p

R. September 29, 2010 at 7:53 am

How about December 5, 2010?
My cousin LOVES mustard and seriously eats it by the spoonful so if y’all are like her, it should be put away pretty soon. Haha

Olivia N. September 29, 2010 at 8:42 am

I love mustard. I bet you can do it by November 16th.

Brianna September 29, 2010 at 12:13 pm

December 7th.

Tyrah September 29, 2010 at 1:55 pm

I’m going to go with March 31st, that’s an official crap ton of mustard ;)

Randi September 29, 2010 at 2:55 pm

I’m guessing November 20th because that’s my due date. :P

HEAB September 29, 2010 at 3:02 pm

Randi,
So exciting. I can’t believe we’re both due in less than 2 months! Wild, huh?

Randi September 29, 2010 at 5:28 pm

YES! My little guy is killing me lately with the kicking. I want to fast forward to November!

jaki September 29, 2010 at 6:18 pm

im gona say exactly 4 months… jan 29th. i loveee mustard. i think id finish it in a year but theres two of you and it seems like you REALLY love mustard.

Kaitlin With Honey September 29, 2010 at 6:45 pm

I’m going to go with November 17th. ;)

Wendy Heath September 30, 2010 at 6:47 am

March 19th, 2011… because you’ll burn out on mustard for a while and take a little time to come back to it and then be so in love with it when you rediscover it… ;-)

HEAB September 30, 2010 at 9:07 am

Wendy,
Burn out on mustard?!? I don’t know about that. ;)

Cheryl September 30, 2010 at 12:23 pm

My guess 2 months…… Thats a shiz ton of Mustard… Honemustard YES

Tricia September 30, 2010 at 1:29 pm

December 2?

elise September 30, 2010 at 6:56 pm

hmmm…factoring in preggo cravings and food phases and the likes im going to say jan 15th.

i made cashew butter today and now i know i want to win the naturally nutty one bc it was kinda a pain to scrape it all out of the food processor…i feel like i lost 1/6 of the yield!

HEAB September 30, 2010 at 7:23 pm

Elise,
I have been known to throw my oatmeal in the food processor after making nut butter. Side scrapeage is much more fun that way. ;)

Ellie October 5, 2010 at 8:57 pm

December 11th.

JenniferLeah October 6, 2010 at 2:15 pm

My hubby is a great in the kitchen and on the grill so almost every day it is a team effort~I love it that he enjoys cooking. Sounds like you got that lucky too!!
That’s a tough one on the mustard so Im going to just wing it and say….

January 24th!!

*Andrea* October 6, 2010 at 2:29 pm

november 22!

Cindy October 6, 2010 at 2:43 pm

Feb 8 2011
sounds like a good day for another Costco run to me!

I go thru dijon about a jar a week.

oh my

Marianne in Auburn October 6, 2010 at 2:49 pm

I’m going with Dec 15 just b/c it’s my birthday! But I did pull out the old calculator and try to figure it out…then gave up!

HEAB October 6, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Marianne,
Dec. 15 sounds like a good day to me. :)

Liesl Hypki October 6, 2010 at 4:33 pm

Can I still guess?
I’m going with March 15, 2011!

HEAB October 6, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Liesl,
Yes. Consider yourself entered. :)

Lindsay McAlester October 6, 2010 at 5:16 pm

My guess is March 16th, 2011! :)

Kelly MacMillan October 6, 2010 at 6:10 pm

I’m going to go with December 7th for the mustard. Good luck!

Alex October 6, 2010 at 7:50 pm

I’ve got two things to say to this post:
1. I LOVE all the food you eat and am extremely jealous of your creativity :)
2. I’d say March 22.

Alex October 6, 2010 at 7:51 pm

Of next year :p

HEAB October 6, 2010 at 8:35 pm

Thanks Alex. :)

Stephanie October 6, 2010 at 8:52 pm

March 23, 2011 :)

Meg October 6, 2010 at 9:30 pm

December 3rd! I mean you are eating for two afterall :)

amy darabcsek October 6, 2010 at 9:54 pm

I’m going to say December 5th :)

Heather I started selling this new almond butter Nutmeric.
It’s so good! I have a jar on the way to you :)

Katie October 6, 2010 at 10:53 pm

We go through a ton of mustard and always buy it from Costco! I would guess December 29th :)

HEAB October 7, 2010 at 8:18 am

Katie,
From one fellow Costco mustard buyer to another, good guess! :)

Tara October 6, 2010 at 11:23 pm

My guess is November 2nd. :)

Maya October 7, 2010 at 1:39 am

Let’s see…
February 7, 2011?
I eat my way through a (regular) jar of dijon every month or so, one of yellow mustard every few months, and whole grain mustard every 5 or so months… MMMMustard!

Susan Olson October 7, 2010 at 2:21 am

I think it will be on October 26th!!! Happy Mustard Eating – try it dipping it with the popcorn.

HEAB October 7, 2010 at 8:17 am

Susan,
Ah yes, I still need to try that! Thanks for the reminder. :)

Marilyn October 7, 2010 at 11:36 am

January 9 2011

Michele October 7, 2010 at 1:03 pm

I’ll say December 10th.

aubrey October 7, 2010 at 2:03 pm

I’m guessing December 21, 2010!

marie October 8, 2010 at 10:11 am

I’m guessing 11.1.10 because it’s my 13th wedding anniversary and therefore WILL be a fantastic, memorable day! ;-)

HEAB October 8, 2010 at 9:17 pm

Marie,
November 1 isn’t too far away…I’ll do my best. :)

Julie October 12, 2010 at 1:39 pm