For the bread, I soaked 2/3 cup brown rice overnight in water. This morning, I preheated my oven to 350° and drained/rinsed my soaked rice. I then laid out the rice on a piece of parchment paper and patted it dry with a paper towel. Into the Vita-Mix went the rice along with 3/4 cup water, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1 TBSP dark cocoa powder, and 1 packet of SlimSweet (stevia or other powdered sweetener would work just as well).
In the meantime, I placed a cake pan in the oven with 1 TBSP coconut oil until melted. I then removed the pan and poured my bread batter into it.
The batter always looks so watery, but after 23 minutes, I had a lovely round loaf of chocolate rice bread which I slathered in Naturally Nutty Mocha peanut butter and homemade chocolate coconut butter. That’s right, homemade chocolate coconut butter…
- 2/3 cup brown rice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 TBSP dark cocoa powder
- 1 packet of SlimSweet (stevia or other powdered sweetener would work just as well).
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- Soak rice overnight (or 8 hours) in water.
- Preheat my oven to 350°.
- Drain & rinse rice.
- Lay out rice on a piece of parchment paper and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a high power blender, blend the rice with 3/4 cup water, sea salt, cocoa powder, and sweetener of choice.
- Place cake pan in the oven with 1 TBSP coconut oil until melted. Remove the pan from oven and pour bread batter into it. (The batter will be watery).
- Bake 23 minutes.
My breakfast kept me fueled through the 90-minute vinyasa yoga class I just took. My body is really surprising me in what it can still do. The balancing poses are still going well – Tree, Dancer’s Pose, Warrior 3, etc. are no problem. However, I avoid any kind of bind or deep twist, and my teacher told me when in doubt, squat or do a hip opener. So, I did spend some time squatting today, and I’m still loving Pigeon as always…doing my best to prepare for labor little HEABlet. Can’t wait to meet you!
Have a wonderful Friday!