Burgers, Baby Rooms, and Belly Photos

by HEAB on October 9, 2010

I loved your dad stories from yesterday’s post. I was away from the computer all day, and I’m still in the process of reading through them, but wow, some of the fathers out there are truly amazing. I hope the HEABlet will have stories like all of yours to share about CD someday. :)

The past 2 days have been busy, but filled with all good things. Yesterday, I made an excellent burger for lunch…

Grass fed finished beef with basil, crumbled goat cheese, pinches of salt, garlic powder, and onion powder, all grilled on the George Foreman and served atop a bed of spinach, chopped avocado, and Hummy Mustard dressing.

We finished the nursery…

I love it, but I never want to see another allen wrench again. :)

Then, last night, CD and I went on a double date with our friends Nick and Whitney, ending the evening with a stop at my favorite fro-yo establishment. To all of my local readers, we only have 5 weeks left to take advantage of the pregnant buy one get one free deal at Sweet Cece’s. Email me if you’d like to go. :)

I highly recommend the Irish mint and peanut butter yogurts!

Today CD and I had our maternity photo session with Emily Smallcomb, professional photographer and HEAB reader.

Emily and her husband, Chris drove all the way from Knoxville (3 hours away!) to do the photo session this morning as a gift for myself, CD and the HEABlet. Thanks Emily – we are all so grateful and can’t wait to see the pictures!

OK, off to catch up on email, and then CD and I are having my family over for dinner tonight…Almond Butter Chili will be involved. ;)

Heather (Heather's Dish) October 9, 2010 at 3:11 pm

i LOVE the room! it’s perfect…clean and beautiful :) i can’t believe it’s almost time!

eatmovelove October 9, 2010 at 3:13 pm

AB Chili seems like a hit for parties. I’m looking at chili recipes myself.

I love the nursery! Oh my gosh, it’s beautiful – and so spacious – it’s bigger than my own room ;)

Mint-PB yogurt? Yeah, I could do that.

Good luck with the photos…5 weeks? Eepers. My friend had her baby 2 days ago – aahhhhh ;)

(Oh and I’m doing a give-away for CSN Stores on my site if anyone wants to participate! Hey – a $55 gift certificate?! I could have got a new frying pan or processor out of that haha! :) ).

Bridget October 9, 2010 at 3:21 pm

The heablet will love the nursery! It’s so sweet :)
Have a good weekend!

Kristina @ spabettie October 9, 2010 at 3:25 pm

I LOVE the nursery !! and those animals you made above the crib look GREAT!! :D

so exciting!

Alex @ Spoonful of Sugar Free October 9, 2010 at 3:30 pm

What an adorable baby room! I’m sure she will LOVE it!

I love how the baby quilt matches the wall decor ;)

Ana October 9, 2010 at 3:35 pm

The nursery is adorable Heather, love it! And it is a big room, lots of space for the Heablet!
Are you going to share some of the professional belly pictures you had taken? I never did that, but sounds like such a nice thing to do, I love photographs, they are so fun to see through, brings lots of memories back years later.
AB chilli sounds so good every time you post about it, I need to try making some now during the colder months! yum!

HEAB October 10, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Ana,
Thanks so much for your kind words regarding the nursery. We love it too, and yes, I’ll definitely share some of the belly photos. It’s not something I probably would have done either, but I’m so grateful that Emily offered to do the photo session as I know we will cherish those pictures. :)

Jennifer October 9, 2010 at 4:00 pm

The nursery is GREAT!!! But I have to add…#@*^&* allen wrenches!

You crack me up with the “email me” about going for fro-yo! ENJOY!

Runeatrepeat October 9, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Love the room! You’re giving me baby fever :)

Little Bookworm October 9, 2010 at 4:03 pm

Love the nursery Heather – it looks lovely! Irish mint frozen yogurt sounds amazing! :D

Cindy October 9, 2010 at 4:05 pm

AB Chili??? got my ears on good buddy (sorry, we’re still walkie talkie talking round here!

can’t wait to see what you cook up!
Your nursery is BEAUTIFUL. Special times are ahead!!!!!
love the dark wood. We used the same crib set my sister and brother used (they are 23 and 20 now) and my teenager used too (he’s 16) so even though it’s a tad dated, honey oak, it’s got memories for me!

Love your animal wall pics ! they turned out GREAT! and how sweet you got preggers pics! I really wished I had that! GOOD FOR YOU!

have a great weekend!

HEAB October 10, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Cindy,
Hope you’re having a great weekend too. I’m so glad we did the preggers pics. It’s probably not something I would have done on my own, and I’m so happy that Emily offered to do them for us. I can’t wait to see them!

Cat October 9, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Heather! I adore the nursery. Outstanding job. It is beautiful. I spy the turtle night light….Cayden has one and has loved it. I bet lil heablet will too. Miss ya! So jealous…there are no sweet cece’s here. Just knockoffs. :(

HEAB October 11, 2010 at 5:19 pm

Thanks so much Cat! I miss you. How is SC going? So fun Cayden had the turtle light. Oh my gosh, I love it and want to put it in MY bedroom. Hehe. :)

Erica October 9, 2010 at 4:12 pm

Oh my gosh- you know that I wish I could go to Sweet Ceces with you! Jealousssssss. The room looks awesome. The furniture looks beautiful.

HEAB October 11, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Erica,
I know you would. Are you guys planning on coming to Nashville for Thanksgiving? If so, you must call me! Our November plans are totally up in the air since the baby is due November 18, but there is a Sweet CeCe’s 1.5 miles from my house, and I’m sure I could fit is some fro-yo with you whether baby has arrived or not. Would love to see you and catch up!

lindsay October 9, 2010 at 4:32 pm

What a precious baby room! I can just imagine your rockin’ the HEABLET to a sweet slumber. :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) October 9, 2010 at 5:22 pm

“I love it, but I never want to see another allen wrench again.”–

Oh you are having a baby. You better brush up on your handywoman skills: the high chair, the strollers, the car seat installs, the swing, various bouncy and jumpy seats, trikes, bikes, little hot wheels type cars…girl. It sucks. I HATE PUTTING things together!!! Like that is NOT me. I can but I hate it and Scott is totally inept at it and unless I do it or pay for it to be done, it doesnt happen. Sigh.

On a bright note, your nursery looks awesome! Love the dark wood, the more minimalistic route, the lack of froo-froo puffy ruffles everywhere, yeah, not your scene :) You will be spending alot of time in that room and so it’s nice to have something soothing to the ADULT’s eyes and body, not some themed room full of pink princesses, even tho I like those…just ya know :)

Great job on the room and Skylar’s crib that I JUST SOLD was seriously a carbon copy of heablet’s.

HEAB October 11, 2010 at 5:17 pm

Averie,
Yep, I feel your pain. When we moved in our house, we ordered most of our furniture online from Target, and all if it required assembly. Oh my gosh, talk about a pain in my a$$. I put it all together myself, but CD is finally coming around to some handyman duties. I didn’t think he was capable, but he has proved me wrong. Quite proud of him actually and happy to hand over my Do-It-Herself tool kit and that darn allen wrench for when we start buying Big Wheels and bicycles! So fun Skylar had the same crib. I love it. :)

Emily October 9, 2010 at 5:57 pm

Heather, that babyroom is amazing! So cute and looks beautiful. The HEABlet is one lucky gal ;) Wish I lived closer and could take advantage of the fro-yo trip with you!

HEAB October 11, 2010 at 5:14 pm

Emily,
Me too! In my opinion, Sweet CeCe’s is worth a road trip! ;)

Samantha October 9, 2010 at 6:03 pm

The nursery is wonderful, love the colors! What a warm, inviting place for the HEABlet to come home too. And how sweet of Emily to drive and give you a photo session. The pictures will be wonderful I’m sure!

Rachel Edwards October 9, 2010 at 6:08 pm

I have been away from blogland for a while and delighted to find out you have a baby HEAB in your belly!! Congratulations!!!!!!! x

HEAB October 11, 2010 at 5:14 pm

Welcome back Rachel and thanks so much. :)

Katie October 9, 2010 at 6:40 pm

The room is adorable! I can’t get over those wall hangings that you made.

Maren October 9, 2010 at 7:13 pm

almond butter chili always sounds o intreging, I must put it on the to-do list. I love the baby’s room, it’s so so so cute! I want to live in there :) .

HEAB October 11, 2010 at 5:13 pm

Maren,
Yes, try the chili. It’s always a hit around here. :)

Fallon October 9, 2010 at 7:27 pm

awww the baby room looks incredible!

Sarah @ BikingNBaking October 9, 2010 at 8:04 pm

WOW WOW WOW!! The baby’s room is Beautiful!!!

Whitney October 9, 2010 at 8:11 pm

We had a great time with yall last night! And the nursery really does look great! Excited to make CD’s famous chili tomorrow :)

HEAB October 11, 2010 at 5:13 pm

Whitney,
CD and I still laughing about Sponge Bob and L-Train. Too funny! Hope you guys enjoyed your chili, and when you get a minute, would you mind sending me your address? Thanks! :)

annie October 9, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Ohhhhhh the nursery is beautiful! HEABlet is a lucky lucky girl… and so glad you got your preggers picture taken.. it will mean so much in the future.. still praying for you, HEABlet and CD… so many things to be thankful for…

HEAB October 11, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Thanks Annie. :)

clare October 9, 2010 at 10:46 pm

wow the nursery is so sweet heather! and i agree on the allen wrenches. putting together furniture with those things is a nightmare! good thing there’s almond butter chili to comfort the frustration! :)

HEAB October 11, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Clare,
Seriously! My fingers are still sore from that wrench. Ugh!

Namaste Gurl October 9, 2010 at 11:20 pm

Oh Miss Heather, the nursery looks AMAZING! As I said, I knew you wouldn’t have a problem making a amazingly cute space for the upcoming babe. Can I please come live with you? Haha. Your creativity is goes much beyond food, as I can see. Wow, that’s all I can say :)

And that salad doesn’t look too bad. Yum (except for the beef, but creative combo!)

HEAB October 11, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Namaste Gurl,
Yes, you are welcome to share the nursery with the HEABlet…just make sure to bring lots of fresh produce from Santa Cruz! ;)

Marina October 10, 2010 at 1:19 am

Emily is really sweet for doing that, I hope you’ll show us some photos :)
And the nursery looks awesome, I love the colors, so peaceful.

michelle October 10, 2010 at 3:52 am

Beautiful room, very classy and perfect for future babies of either sex :0)
I just finished putting together a bunch of Ikea furniture so I share your hatred of the dreaded allen wrench!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) October 10, 2010 at 6:22 am

The nursery looks amazing! Your little girl is coming home soon! We are renovating Tony’s studio right now and we are now on day 5 and so sore! Have a great Sunday Heather!

grocery goddess jen October 10, 2010 at 6:59 am

I made chili with pumpkin AND almond butter last night…the almond butter part was of course inspired by you and CD!

HEAB October 11, 2010 at 5:09 pm

Grocery Goddess Jenn,
So happy to hear that both myself and the hubby inspired your dinner. You really can’t go wrong with pumpkin and almond butter! :)

Jillian October 10, 2010 at 7:41 am

Love, love, love the nursery Heather:). Love you too! I totally had a Heather moment when I saw Kobucha squash at the grocery store last week… I think I yelped out loud. I myself, may turn a bit yellow in the next few days. Hugs.

HEAB October 11, 2010 at 5:08 pm

Thanks Jillian. Love that you made an audible noise when you found a kabocha. Hehe, and I’m sure you’ll rock that yellow skin with pride! Love you. :)

Nicole October 10, 2010 at 8:35 am

The room looks perfect!!! I love how your little pictures turned out!
Pregnant buy one get one free??? lol that deal can be dangerous!
Can’t wait to see the preggo pics! Have an awesome day Heather!!

melissa @ the delicate place October 10, 2010 at 8:59 am

the nursery looks great! i cannot wait to see the photos! i’m sure they will be beautiful and what a great memory to look back upon!

homecookedem October 10, 2010 at 9:29 am

LOVE the nursery!! I think you were very smart not to go all girly and pink because you can use everything next time if you have a boy! It is super adorable!!

HEAB October 11, 2010 at 5:07 pm

Em,
Yeah, I wanted to keep the nursery pretty gender neutral in case the HEABlet should ever get a brother. :)

Amber@SAHM'smusings October 10, 2010 at 9:32 am

Your room turned out lovely. I love the repeating pattern of circles on the quilt, wall and rug! My daughter’s room is polka dots ;-)

Jess October 10, 2010 at 10:06 am

the nursery looks great!

Sylvia @ LifeIsGoodWithFood October 10, 2010 at 10:55 am

The nursery looks so beautiful! I wanna live there! ;)

Brittany (Eating Bird Food) October 10, 2010 at 11:04 am

The nursery looks adorable. I hope you’ll post a few of the pregnancy photos!

HEAB October 11, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Thanks Brittany, and here is a link to some of the maternity photos: http://heathereatsalmondbutter.com/2010/10/11/want-to-see-my-belly. Posted them today. :)

LENA October 10, 2010 at 11:32 am

Great work on the nursery! love it! so cheery and spacious!!! HEAblet will definitely love it! i’m sure of that! (((:

Natalia - a side of simple October 10, 2010 at 1:06 pm

What a precious nursery. It’s so neutral and classic. Love it, Heather!

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) October 10, 2010 at 2:09 pm

The nursery looks great, Heather!! You can’t even tell that you are so close to your due date, you look so lovely. :)

I really like that burger salad. SO yummy!

HEAB October 11, 2010 at 5:05 pm

Thanks Jenn. :)

Hands in Namaste October 10, 2010 at 5:50 pm

The nursery looks so beautiful!!!!!

carlee October 10, 2010 at 7:06 pm

The nursery looks fabulous! and huge! I wish my room was that big!
when is the baby expected??

HEAB October 11, 2010 at 5:04 pm

Thanks Carlee – baby is due to arrive November 18. :)

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday October 12, 2010 at 10:09 am

Oh what a cute nursery! You did an awesome job with it.

HEAB October 12, 2010 at 10:11 am