Pickles & Ice Cream

by HEAB on October 14, 2010

I remember one night early on in my pregnancy, I really did eat pickles and ice-cream. Not together, but I had both within the same hour, and it was before we had told anyone we were pregnant. CD laughed and said, Do not post that on the blog…although some of you were already tipped off by my early mustard cravings. :) Anyway, no ice-cream or pickles today, but I did enjoy myself a homemade pop-tart with cinnamon filling!

IMG_6254.JPG IMG_6255.JPG

As you know, I craved pop-tarts like crazy all throughout my first trimester, and when Gaby told me that she makes her own vegan version from scratch, I knew I had to try them. So, when she offered to send me some, I gladly accepted. They arrived today along with a very sweet card and stuffed little piggy for the HEABlet, and you better believe I toasted one up immediately and enjoyed every bite. Thank you Gaby – so good! :)

I wanted to dedicate this afternoon’s post to Pickles & Ice Cream, a maternity clothing store here in Nashville as they graciously donated several maternity outfits for my photo-shoot with Emily this past weekend.

Screen shot 2010-10-14 at 2.34.10 PM.png

heather1.jpg

The clothes were gorgeous and despite my big protruding belly, they made me feel so feminine and pretty. Thanks again Pickles & Ice Cream! They have several stores located throughout the country and sell gifts for both mom and baby. In fact, while there, I bought the HEABlet a little something to wear home from the hospital. It’s the one and only outfit I’ve bought for her as we’ve received so many baby clothes from our friends and family. Are you prepared for the cuteness????

IMG_6256.JPG IMG_6257.JPG

Anyone that knows me knows I LOVE my Barefoot Dreams robe (bought it off ebay years ago – best purchase ever!), and I could not resist buying this Barefoot Dreams coat and outfit for the HEABlet. Doesn’t it look so cozy and comfy? I also picked up a few nursing bras – fun fun.

Pickles & Ice Cream would like to offer one lucky HEAB reader a $25 gift certificate. So, if you’re local or if you know a mama-to-be or new mom living in the Nashville area, please let me know in the comments below, and I’ll pick a random winner. And keep in mind, you ALL know at least one mama-to-be in the area…um, that would be me. ;)

Before I go, the winner of Google Juice is Janetha G – Meals and Moves. Congrats J.G. Bean! I’ll forward your info to my brother, and he’ll email you with your free downloadable copy of Google Juice. For those of you that didn’t win but are still interested in purchasing the book, you can click here to do so.

Bethany October 14, 2010 at 2:43 pm

Oh my goodness! My best friend, Carrie would love this! She is an expecting single mom and we LOVE going down to Nashville!

Dorry October 14, 2010 at 2:55 pm

So awesome that they donated clothes for the shoot – and you got to feel especially beautiful on the day of your photo-shoot. Coolest part about all of this? One day the HEABlet will be able to look back and know how much her mama loved her before she was ever born! xoxo

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:22 pm

Dorry,
I sure hope so. :)

brianne October 14, 2010 at 2:55 pm

hi heather : ) i don’t know if i’ve mentioned this, but my sister is about 14 weeks pregnant and loves pickles & ice cream!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Brianne,
No, I didn’t know your sister expecting…and I’m not surprised she loves Pickles & Ice Cream. Oh my gosh, I could have spent so much money in that place!

Christin L. October 14, 2010 at 2:59 pm

Yay, Janetha!

You are definitely the only mama-to-be I know in the Nashville area, but I would be more than happy to win and donate that to you! :)

Janetha G - meals & moves October 14, 2010 at 3:02 pm

Oh my gosh! I was all prepared to type a pop tart related comment until I got to the end of the post! And now I am just all stupidly excited that I won! :D Thanks so much to you and your brother!!!! I can’t wait to get my hands on his book.. the video made me really excited and now that I get to see what the book is all about, I am even more excited!

ANYWAY.. those homemade pop tarts look awesome. When I was little, I had my own restaurant (called “Janetha’s Place”–how original..) and I would make homemade pop tarts! I would just slather some of my mom’s homemade jam into a piece of wonder bread, fold it in haf and make cute divots around the edges and then put it in the toaster. I thought I was a genius. I begged my mom for months to purchase a toaster oven so I could further develop my at home pop tart.. she never did get me one. Thanks for bringing back this memory, I kind of forgot about it. Gaby’s pop tarts look absolutely phenomenal.

Um, your “big, protruding belly” is part of what makes you pretty! Not despite! I do love those clothes, you are one stylish momma to be. Hey, I wonder if the pups are going to be jealous of the HEABlet?

Love you, thanks again!

Gaby October 14, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Janetha, that homemade poptart idea is genius! I may have to try that when I just want some quick food. But maybe with a more grown up wheat bread :)
I’ve talked about wanting to open a restaurant since I was little too, a bakery/ salad restaurant haha! Yes I was the weird 8 year old that loved making salads. I say my parents got lucky.

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:27 pm

J.G. Bean,
So happy you won the Juice – hope it helps spread the love of Meals and Moves all over the world! :) Oh, and yes, Gaby’s pop tarts are phenomenal…but your version sounds much easier to make. ;) CD and I so curious to see how the pups will interact with HEABlet. I imagine they will be best friends and form their own little pack. Can’t wait to see them all together.

Jeanna October 14, 2010 at 3:03 pm

My sister in law lives in Nashville, and she is expecting:)

P.s. I’m not preggers, and Pickles and Ice Cream are completely a regular occurrence:)

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:28 pm

Jeanna,
Yeah, I ate pickles and ice-cream before being preggo as well…2 of my favorite food groups. ;)

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete October 14, 2010 at 3:07 pm

Homemade poptarts? those look so good. I was at the grocery store yesterday and I happened to walk by the poptarts and saw they have an Ice Cream Sandwich flavor — even I thought that was a little much. But I’ll take the brown sugar/cinnamon ones any day!

What a cute outfit for the HEABlet — I need a new robe for myself so I’ll have to look into Barefoot Dreams. Sounds lovely :)

You are the mom-to-be that I “know” in the Nashville area.

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:30 pm

Holly,
I practically live in my Barefoot Dreams robe, and I was never a robe kind of girl. They are the best, and I often wrap in mine like a blanket. I love it so much – it’s way too big, and has a hood. Most comfy article of clothing I own. Ice cream sandwich pop-tarts? I don’t know about that, but I was told they are now making a pumpkin flavor. Mmm, pretty sure I would love that one. :)

Neena October 14, 2010 at 3:10 pm

My neighbor is pregnant and would love this! We have a pickles and ice cream locally and I loved it when I was pregnant! :)

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free October 14, 2010 at 3:12 pm

So cute!!! Those outfits are adorable :) Those poptarts look super good to. I’m going to go see the recipe now!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Alex,
Not sure if Gaby has the recipe on her site, but she emailed it to me:

The pastry can really be done with your favorite pie pastry recipe- whole wheat, spelt, gluten free, or even cornmeal for a different texture. I did:

Crust:
1 1/2 cups flour (I mixed about 1 cup ww pastry flour with 1/2 cup AP so it wouldn’t be too stiff)
5 tbsp earth balance (I have the soy free but anything works)
1/4 cup dairy free milk (HEABified coconut milk :D )
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 ts salt

- whip that all together, either by hand, or the lazy way with a hand mixer like me
- roll it out on a floured surface and cut into pop-tart sized rectangles
place rectangles on oiled baking pan, spoon approximately a heaping spoonful of filling in the middle and cover with another rectangle.
- Use a fork to seal the edges really well, otherwise filling WILL spill out
- You can poke holes in the top but I think this might just be for aesthetic purposes :)

Cinnamon Filling:
1/2 cup sugar (brown sugar is best, but all I had was evaporated cane juice, it’s sort of brown?)
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp flour
enough water to thin it out a little, but not too much! Just about nut butter consistency

If you want a fruit filling, any jam or jelly will do, but I’ve discovered you should add about a tbsp of cornstarch + 1 tbsp of water to keep the jelly from melting out all over the place in the oven. This has happened and I ended up with empty pop-tarts!

Other good fillings are nut butters, coconut butters, nutella, straight up chocolate, mashed up banana, dried fruit, etc…experiment!

For icing you can also mix powdered sugar with non-dairy milk and play around with flavors too. I usually leave it plain then slather on almond or peanut butter right before eating it.

Alex @ Spoonful of Sugar Free October 15, 2010 at 7:05 am

Oh thanks so much, Heather! You’re right, I couldn’t find the recipe on the site :) I will definitely try this! My little brother will love it (don’t all little kids love pop-tarts?). I might try a chocolate-banana version-that combo has really been pulling my trigger lately….or maybe to be festive, a pumpkin-pie filling!

HEAB October 15, 2010 at 7:39 am

Alex,
You’re welcome. Enjoy, and I think you should make 2 batches! One choco-banana and one pumpkin pie. :)

Paula October 14, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Great photo of you in the baby’s room! ;) her little outfilt is out of hand cute! Such a good name for a maternity store.

Samantha October 14, 2010 at 3:39 pm

What a stunning photo! Pickles & Ice Cream sounds like quite the place. And oh those pop tarts…I still haven’t stumbled in for breakfast after 4 hours sleep, now I just want people to send me wonderful eats. Ha ha!

Emily October 14, 2010 at 3:41 pm

My college roommate is expecting a baby boy and is due in January. I live in Greenville, SC and my family lives in Franklin, TN! I have driven by the Cool Springs Pickles and Ice Cream many times. I just looked at the website and there is one here in Greenville too! I’m coming home to Nashville for Thanksgiving and this would make a wonderful gift to my longtime friend!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:32 pm

Emily,
Do you attend Furman? One of my best friends from high-school went there, and I loved going to visit her. Greenville is such a cool town, and Furman’s campus is beautiful. :)

Emily October 15, 2010 at 12:03 pm

I did attend Furman. I graduated last year in 2009. Furman’s campus truly is beautiful. I loved Greenville so much I decided to stay! (But Nashville will always have a special place in my heart :)

Exercise and Eat October 14, 2010 at 3:45 pm

I can’t imagine how excited you feel right now!!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:33 pm

E & E,
Beyond excited. :)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) October 14, 2010 at 3:50 pm

Those outfits are too cute! I thought you looked beautiful in the photos! I have a friend in Nashville that is due around the same time you are with a little boy! It is actually Tony’s 1st girlfriend and I became really good friends with her! It is weird when I think about it, but we are very similar! Anyway…oh and the poptarts look yummy! With no guilt too!

Shanna October 14, 2010 at 4:18 pm

That picture is beyond sweet. I love it and hopefully someday I can have a similar one ;)

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:33 pm

Shanna,
You will. :)

charlotte October 14, 2010 at 4:32 pm

DEF. don’t need the maternity cert;) But I totally TOTALLY need the poptart recipe! My kids would go nuts for those since I won’t let them have the real version. Will Gaby share it?

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:34 pm

Charlotte, yes she will…

Crust:
5 tbsp earth balance (I have the soy free but anything works)
1/4 cup dairy free milk (HEABified coconut milk :D )
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 ts salt

- roll it out on a floured surface and cut into pop-tart sized rectangles
- Use a fork to seal the edges really well, otherwise filling WILL spill out

Cinnamon Filling:
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp flour

Enjoy – I think kids will love them! :)

Amanda October 14, 2010 at 4:39 pm

You look so gorgeous! Love the photo.

The HEABlet clothing is too cute. Makes me want a baby to shop for.

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:34 pm

Thanks Amanda :)

Kristina @ spabettie October 14, 2010 at 4:46 pm

I saw that beautiful jacket and KNEW it was Barefoot Dreams… I have a robe and a jacket… AHH… the best thing ever.

So happy to know Heablet will be enveloped in the same cozy cozy… :D

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Kristina,
So happy to hear that you share the Barefoot Dreams love. I need a jacket for myself as I practically live in my robe. I love that thing! :)

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) October 14, 2010 at 5:03 pm

Awww, such a cute store! I love the name of it. :)

I don’t qualify, but I wish lots of luck to all who enter!! :D

Those homemade Pop Tarts look awesome. My husband would love them… I think, lol. I would, anyway. hehe

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:36 pm

J3nn, Yes, I think your husband would love the pop tarts. They are so good. Here’s the recipe:

Crust:
5 tbsp earth balance (I have the soy free but anything works)
1/4 cup dairy free milk (HEABified coconut milk :D )
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 ts salt

- roll it out on a floured surface and cut into pop-tart sized rectangles
- Use a fork to seal the edges really well, otherwise filling WILL spill out

Cinnamon Filling:
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp flour

Mary @ Bites and Bliss October 14, 2010 at 5:26 pm

Awwe those little outfits are darling :) And it’s great you felt so pretty in the clothes at the maternity store. Even though you’re already gorgeous no matter what! :P But I understand what you mean.

I love the family photography photos you’ve been showing :)

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Thanks Mary. :)

kelli October 14, 2010 at 5:31 pm

I just made vegan pumpkin pie poptarts today!!

Erika October 14, 2010 at 6:31 pm

How did you make them?

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:37 pm

Kelli,
Inquiring minds would like to know how you made them. ;)

kelli October 15, 2010 at 7:10 am

They are really simple to make.
First you need to make a pie crust, which is a ratio of 3 : 2 : 1. Three parts flour, 2 parts fat, one part liquid. I used 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour, 2 cups earth balance, and 1 cup COLD water. process it in a food processor till it comes together like a pie crust, refrigerate for about 20 minutes. Then make your filling, I used 1 small can pumpkin, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup dry roasted cashews, and 1-2 TB pumpkin pie spice, process everything in a food processor until smooth and creamy. Then roll out your dough nice and thin and cut into equal size squares. Put about a tablespon of filling on each square, every other then brush perimeter of squares with milk and top with other square and crimp edges. Make sure you cut a line of shape in top of pop tart so it does not burst! Bake at 375* for about 20-30 minutes.

Alternatively you could use store bought pie crust and any fruit filling. I have even made french toast ones. You could also use any jam or preserves. And of course they can be made non vegan with real butter and milk!

HEAB October 15, 2010 at 7:41 am

Great – thanks so much Kelli. Sounds delicious and fairly simple. :)

kelli October 15, 2010 at 8:16 am

They are I don’t think people realize how easy it is to make healthier homemade ones, get cooking before the heablet coms along ;)

Katie October 14, 2010 at 5:57 pm

Must get this recipe from Gaby!

I think there is something in the water right now, because I know SO MANY pregnant ladies!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:37 pm

Katie,
Recipe:

Crust:
5 tbsp earth balance (I have the soy free but anything works)
1/4 cup dairy free milk (HEABified coconut milk :D )
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 ts salt

- roll it out on a floured surface and cut into pop-tart sized rectangles
- Use a fork to seal the edges really well, otherwise filling WILL spill out

Cinnamon Filling:
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp flour

Let me know if you Katify with your gluten free geniuses. :)

Erika October 14, 2010 at 6:31 pm

Ok…those cinnamon pop-tarts looks amazing. Do you have the recipe for them?

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:38 pm

Erika, yes I do:

Crust:
5 tbsp earth balance (I have the soy free but anything works)
1/4 cup dairy free milk (HEABified coconut milk :D )
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 ts salt

- roll it out on a floured surface and cut into pop-tart sized rectangles
- Use a fork to seal the edges really well, otherwise filling WILL spill out

Cinnamon Filling:
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp flour

Enjoy! :)

Cindy October 14, 2010 at 6:35 pm

we have a Pickles and Giggles near us. At first I thought it might be the same store but not sure how that could be. It seems like a stand alone store to me (but DARLING)..especially if you are having a girl (which I did not) :)

AND congrats to Janetha! lucky duck!!!

have a great night!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:39 pm

Cindy,
Pickles and Giggles – what a cute name. :)

A Teenage Gourmet October 14, 2010 at 6:48 pm

I didn’t know that pregnant women crave mustard! That’s a nice fun fact for my day.

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:39 pm

Sami,
Yes, I craved it like crazy – salt, salt, salt! :)

Jen October 14, 2010 at 7:33 pm

What an adorable outfit! My next baby is due in January, and I don’t have any going-home outfit at all – let alone one that is that precious!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Jen,
I wasn’t going to buy it, but I just couldn’t help myself. It’s so sweet, and you still have plenty of time to find a going-home outfit for your little one. So many cute options out there!

jacobc October 14, 2010 at 7:35 pm

Seems like the heablet already has quite the wardrobe going on!

And i know a certain mom to be in the area, ha!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:41 pm

JacobC,
Yeah, we’ve got the clothes covered for about a year! :)

Krystina (Organically Me) October 14, 2010 at 8:00 pm

You look amazing in that dress! That’s such a perfect name for a maternity store. :D

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:41 pm

Thanks Krystina. :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 14, 2010 at 8:43 pm

Those clothes were certainly so cute! (Both yours and HEABlet’s!) – That is so nice they are offering a gift card!

Katie October 14, 2010 at 8:46 pm

I know a mom-to-be that would love this! Its her first so I know she could use some maternity clothes:)

Nicole October 14, 2010 at 9:03 pm

I’m interested in those homemade pop tarts….they look awesome!!

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Nicole,
Here is the recipe. They’re so good!

Crust:
5 tbsp earth balance (I have the soy free but anything works)
1/4 cup dairy free milk (HEABified coconut milk :D )
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 ts salt

- roll it out on a floured surface and cut into pop-tart sized rectangles
- Use a fork to seal the edges really well, otherwise filling WILL spill out

Cinnamon Filling:
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp flour

Carly October 14, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Those pop tarts look so good. Might have to spend some time in my kitchen this weekend making a few of those.

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Carly,
You should – the pop tarts are so good! Here is the recipe:

Crust:
5 tbsp earth balance (I have the soy free but anything works)
1/4 cup dairy free milk (HEABified coconut milk :D )
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 ts salt

- roll it out on a floured surface and cut into pop-tart sized rectangles
- Use a fork to seal the edges really well, otherwise filling WILL spill out

Cinnamon Filling:
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp flour

Chicken on the Green October 14, 2010 at 9:28 pm

Oh, my best friend is pregnant and needs winter clothing! This would be great to win!

And I love the outfits you picked out!!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) October 14, 2010 at 9:31 pm

This is TOO IRONIC!!!!!!!!

Yesterday you posted about your brother and I told you my Scott does similar work.

Today…Pickles &Ice Cream. My Scott used to do their advertising work. He has carved out a niche in the baby and juvenile furniture arena and does tons of advertising work for baby stores…including Pickles & Ice Cream…out of Nashville. Omg this is seriously such a small world b/c they are a small independent retailer and that’s his niche.

Your photos are glorious…the clothes look awesome…

And our life path keeps overlapping, my dear Heather…always it seems! :)

HEAB October 14, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Averie,
Yes, crazy huh?!? I wonder if we’ll ever cross paths in person?!? I really hope so! :)

Gaby October 14, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Thanks for the shout out Heather! I’m glad you are enjoying them and I hope baby HEABS likes them too!
Your photos make them look really good! I can seriously eat that cinnamon filling with a spoon :X
I wanted to let you and readers know that I just posted the recipe on my site. I hadn’t realized people would click the link expecting pop-tarts! But it’s all there now and afterwards they can learn about all the cool places they can travel to and pack pop-tarts as airplane snacks :)

HEAB October 15, 2010 at 8:29 am

Gaby,
Thanks so much for posting the recipe. I went back and changed the link int this post so that everyone can share in your pop tart goodness! Thanks again – I ate more for breakfast this morning and smeared them in nut butter. So yummy! :)

StephORama - VegFortWorth October 14, 2010 at 10:29 pm

Oh man, I want those vegan pop-tarts!

Jill October 14, 2010 at 10:55 pm

Well, of course you know that I’m totally NOT pregnant (LOL), but strangely enough, I absolutely LOVE pickles (and of course ice cream-but you knew that) and will occasionally eat pickles immediately after ice cream. Sweet and salty, you know? :-) I also can eat about half a jar of dill pickles in one sitting if I start craving them. My family and close friends know about these quirks, but it’s pretty funny when someone who doesn’t know sees me doing it, and is like, ummm, is there something I don’t know?

I guess this means that if I’m ever pregnant I will enjoy every minute of pickle consumption without having to explain a thing :-) And that outfit is this cutest thing ever. I was literally “aww”-ing over the coat!

HEAB October 15, 2010 at 8:30 am

Jill,
I’ll bring a jar of dills to Sweet CeCe’s next week…can’t believe they don’t have them on their toppings bar. ;)

Kim October 15, 2010 at 12:46 am

I know what I am making this weekend….my first “attempt” was buying frozen pie crust @ Whole Paycheck and making the pop tarts that way about 6 mos ago, HUGE fail! They were gross. This sounds so easy, and Bella will love! I did see the Ice Cream Flavor, Pumpkin Flavor and some other “seasonal” flavor @ the grocery store last night, just sounded nasty. Homemade pumpkin would be heavenly!

Fred comes home tomorrow from his Mom’s funeral. Bella and I made him, CD’s AB Chili, your cornbread and a grain free pumpkin pie (Paleo based, I think?), all “comfort” foods which he so needs right now. It all smelled so good. If I werent horribly allergic to eggs and vegan, I would have sampled. We will treat ourselves to the Pop Tarts!

HEAB October 15, 2010 at 7:38 am

Kim,
So sorry to hear about Fred’s mom, and you were guys were so sweet to make him such a comforting meal – I bet he will love, and yes, I bet your house did smell amazing, and it’s going to smell even more amazing with some homemade pumpkin pop-tarts. :)

Kim October 15, 2010 at 8:07 am

With the bad sometimes comes good….interview in the next week in Seattle, all fingers/toes/ and paws crossed here! Spent waaayyy too much $ @ Pickles and Ice Cream when preggers with Miss B. Bella got a beautiful Barefoot Dreams blanket as a baby gift, satin on one side, so comforting. She was so tiny, her “coming home” outfit was a preemie size and her little hat was so big she looked like a chef! So excited for you and CD!

HEAB October 15, 2010 at 8:27 am

Kim,
I need a Barefoot Dreams blanket – do they make them in adult sizes?!? ;) Fingers and toes crossed that the job interview goes well! :)

Kim October 15, 2010 at 8:40 am

They DO make them in adult sizes, even full sized bedding!

Justine October 15, 2010 at 6:40 am

The home made poptarts look so good! I remember making some several years ago, not vegan I’m sure, but still delicious. :)
Great choice on the outfit- it’s too adorable!

VeggieGirl October 15, 2010 at 7:41 am

I WANT THAT POP-TART!!!!!! Please. Thank you.

HEAB October 15, 2010 at 7:44 am

VG – make them, so good! Bet you could easily de-gluten the recipe. :)

Kim October 15, 2010 at 8:10 am

Whole Paycheck sells GF/allergen free pie crust mix. Just dont do what I did a few months ago and try the frozen GF pie crust, not pretty, not good. Think greasy, baked rock=yuck! The mix we are trying today. Easy peasy!

Sylvia @ LifeIsGoodWithFood October 15, 2010 at 7:52 am

Awww those clothes are so pretty and you look so beautiful in them! The pictures are amazing as well; I’m always so impressed with the kinds of pictures that people can take with their cameras. My friend does a little photography too and he’s awesome at it as well!

I got a job interview at a baby’s clothing store this evening, so hopefully I’ll be able to update you soon about it! Of course, if I get employee discount, I’ll make sure to send some goodies your way ;) http://www.hippotots.com Their clothes are so cute!

HEAB October 15, 2010 at 8:22 am

Sylvia,
Just checked out Hippototamus’s site. Best of luck with your interview tonight. If you get the job, we must talk. The clothes are soooo cute! :)

Rose October 15, 2010 at 8:01 am

Oh my goodness. What a beautiful photo of you in the nursery!

HEAB October 15, 2010 at 8:20 am

Thanks Rose. :)

Nicole B. October 15, 2010 at 8:40 am

OMG – I would love the gift card. I’m almost 9 weeks pregnant and my head is spinning with all the things I have to buy! This would be a wonderful way for me to treat myself as I begin to grow. Thank you so much!

HEAB October 15, 2010 at 10:32 am

Nicole,
Congrats to you and try not to get too overwhelmed. Everything will fall into place. I promise. :)

Rachel October 15, 2010 at 8:40 am

Heather, have you heard of Tweed Baby Outfitters yet? It is the MOST ADORABLE baby-clothing store in Nashville. It’s located in Edgehill Village, and you will NOT be disappointed if you go for a visit. I admit, I’m giving a plug (it’s one of my best friend’s stores!), but you will LOVE it. Go check it out some time, and when you stop in, tell Maggie Rachel said hi. Check out the store’s sweet blog here: http://tweedinthevillage.blogspot.com/

HEAB October 15, 2010 at 10:34 am

Rachel,
So funny, but I used to work in Edgehill Village – at the Mind Body Medical Center, and when I stopped by last week for a visit, I walked past Tweed Baby Outfitters, and it took everything in me not to go inside and shop! We have so many newborn and 6 to 9 month old outfits, but when the HEABlet gets a little older and we’re in need of clothes, I’ll definitely stop by. It looked so cute from what I could see from the sidewalk. Thanks for the tip. :)

marie October 15, 2010 at 11:11 am

Yep, I know one soon-to-be-mama living in Nashville. ;-)

Melanie @ I Dream of Tahini October 15, 2010 at 3:50 pm

Yep – I know one soon to be mama in Nashville to – WINK WINK!!

Sylvia @ LifeIsGoodWithFood October 15, 2010 at 5:48 pm